Weight Loss Support - Fill in the blank: My Biggest Challenge Today Is ...

phantastica
07-11-2006, 06:03 PM
I've been pretty on-track today, not feeling many urges to go 'off plan', but I am slightly emotionally off due to an unpleasant conversation last night. So ...

Challenge: Making sure I don't emotionally eat this evening. I will be getting home later than usual tonight (about 7:00pm), and I very thoughtlessly didn't plan anything for dinner ... oops.

Solution: NOT going out to a restaurant, which is what I will want to do. NOT bingeing on anything closely related to junk food at home. I can steam some baby carrots, micro-bake a potato with some light-ranch dressing, and maybe throw a tilapia steak in my George F. grill. Note to self: call DS and ask him to take the tilapia out of the freezer.

Anyway, just curious what everyone else's biggest challenges are today, and how you plan to address them.

Stephanie Osborne
07-11-2006, 06:22 PM
My biggest challenge today will be getting my exercise in. My area has been flash flooding and I had to put my gym membership on hold due to money. I need to get outside to do my cardio so....I'm gonna have to get creative.

Infrogwetrust
07-11-2006, 06:33 PM
I started my period today....need I say more?

Abbeycat36
07-11-2006, 07:29 PM
I would say my challenge is staying busy enough that I don't feel lonely and then get sad, about my husband being away. He has been gone a month (military) and still one more month to go.

If I keep busy, and keep on my eating/workout schedule, then I am fine, the day goes by fast. One day at a time. Ugh I hate it when he's gone. We have no kids and it's just me here. I work from home, so I have to force myself to get out and feel normal, or else I get house happy. :dizzy:

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-11-2006, 07:48 PM

Hey, me too!!! Get out of my boat :lol:

My biggest challenge will be exercising, like always. And my solution is to get my butt away from the computer and get it over with!!!

fitgal2
07-11-2006, 07:58 PM
my biggest challend (OT) is not feeling guilty for declining an offer to a "welcome home party" for someone who has shown time and time again that she is not a true friend.

Glory87
07-11-2006, 08:46 PM
The trainer who delivers in Japanese for us stopped by with a package of sweets from Japan. Our manager brought them to the team meeting and I had 2 small cookies. Challenge lost! At least I just had 2!

sierra_ttw
07-11-2006, 08:47 PM
My biggest challenge will be eating properly throughout the day and not binging when I get home - on Tuesdays I have a spinning class in the morning, then I go to work, and then I have school until 9:00 pm - it's so easy to go without lunch or dinner and then eat everything in site when I get home! So far so good... I just have to stay away from the vending machines and eat the ehalthy sandwich I brought for dinner.

Fluffy Goddess
07-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Infrogwetrust

HarpoChicoGroucho Hey, me too!!! Get out of my boat :lol:

me three. Couple that with a very large bag of white chocolate M&Ms (bought in a moment of weakness) that are calling my name and you've got my challenge for the day.
my solution: midol and 3 M&M's with the rest of the bag going into the freezer!

mandalinn82
07-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Not emotionally eating. Having a rough day (fighting with family) and just want to soothe with chocolate.

lilybelle
07-11-2006, 09:38 PM
My biggest challenge today will be to do my exercise. It is fairly nice outside this evening. I am going to see if my DD will walk outside with me. If not, I will get on the treadmill again.

PinkSnowDays
07-11-2006, 09:54 PM
My biggest challenge today is exercising... rain is keeping me indoors. Without my exercise I tend to not be as tired at night... stay up later and eat more! Ahh so much I need to control!

Xan
07-11-2006, 10:02 PM
I love "what's your biggest challenge" threads! I always learn something.

I'm just (re)starting, so that's my biggest challenge. I've got the planning down. I've even got the Plan B and Plan C worked out, because I have an unpredictable schedule and changes to it have often thrown me off course. But often, when I'm tired or out of sorts, it's just so easy to fall back on old habits. So my first challenge (this week, and until I've met it) is to plan, stick to the plan, and create new habits, so that when I'm crunched, I'll reach for a chicken breast or a piece of fruit instead of two slices of buttered bread with peanut butter :)

buckettgirl
07-11-2006, 10:22 PM
My biggest challenge today is.... a toss up... between not eating and not taking my frustration out on my husband (it has nothing to do with him; he's just here to take it LOL). Actually, as I was typing this he just came up and gave me the biggest hug ever and told me how proud he was of me. :) I'M CRYING NOW - he can be so sweet in such small but meaningful ways. Ok, I guess I'm not gonna take my frustrations out on him now LOL
AH, not eating... I so wanna sit down to a nice big plate of food - chicken and veggies sounds particularly nice. I have a strong desire to sabbotage myself, and I don't know why. This is working, and I have no rational reason to quit. All I can say is that I want to be normal. I guess now that I have put myself in a postion to be this fat, I have to suffer through a little more time of not being "normal." God, it will be wonderful when I can eat like a normal, healthy person.

phantastica
07-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Well, my solution partially worked. I did everything as planned, but I forgot one step ... I was supposed to have a snack before I went to my after-work appointment. As it was, I went to the appointment, stopped by the library to drop off a book, and decided a cup of Starbucks would be good. A soy latte (160 calories). Oh, and a few of those innocent-enough looking chocolate-covered graham crackers (280 calories) ... you know, dark chocolate once in a while is good for you? :nono:

The good part is this: I modified. Last time, I would have gotten a venti soy latte (270 calories) and marble pound cake (400 calories).

I'm getting there. One strategy at a time.

OneKim
07-12-2006, 01:28 AM
I'm a little late here, but I haven't been to bed, so for me it's not Wednesday yet.

My challenge is to leave that Hershey bar half in the fridge. Hubby bought it for me earlier and I ate half...soooo, it's sorta calling me...lol. The Hershey's bar, and I want a cigarette so bad I can taste it.

I'm off schedule (this is almost my lunch time normally) so I'll have to force myself to eat a veggie burger instead of chowing down on that Hershey's....lol.

Kim

HarpoChicoGroucho
07-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Thanks for starting this thread phantastica!!! I overcame my challenge!!! I probably wouldn't have otherwise . . .

I hope everyone else did as well!!!

2frustrated
07-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Wooo - challenge for today.

That would be actually doing my press-ups for my challenge, AND not eating junk after I get home from work because I'm bored and DF isn't home. I'm going to get home, eat dinner, do press-ups then read/doze in bed :D

butterfly28
07-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Not eatting cookies or ice cream at 10:00pm. Gosh I can't break myself from that!!

Allikat
07-12-2006, 09:44 AM
This is a great thread..it will hopefully give me some incentive to stick to my plan! My biggest challenge today is not eating the Tootsie Rolls at my bosses desk. 1 always turns into 8...and then I feel icky. So today is a "No Tootsie Roll" day!!

phantastica
07-12-2006, 09:50 AM
My challenge (for Wednesday) is to get on my bike when I get home and bike up to the library to drop off a book. I have all 3 meals and snacks in place. I suspect a friend is going to suggest a happy hour, and I'd counter-suggest a walk, but it's going to be very hot and probably humid today. So that might be my other challenge today. She lives downtown - maybe we can walk the air-conditioned skyways instead.

Edit: OK, said friend and I didn't meet up after work, but I *did* get on my bike and ride 20 minutes/4.5 miles to drop off my library book. :)

phantastica
07-23-2006, 02:23 PM
I have a pot luck family reunion today. The challenge, of course, is the plethora of mostly nutritionless foods. The strategies are to bring an Olive Garden jumbo salad as my contribution, fill up one plate of small portions of all the stuff I want, and then allow myself unlimited vegetables. Stick to water and iced tea for beverages.

lilybelle
07-23-2006, 05:04 PM
My challenge for today will be to get back on program. My eating was terrible at a wedding reception last night. I plan to attack the exercise and have plenty of water to drink.

penpal
07-23-2006, 07:56 PM
I need to start journaling my food again right away. We just got home from a few days at the beach where I didn't record anything. We ate lots of meals out and shared a couple of incredible desserts. It would be soooo easy for me to fall off the wagon after getting a taste of all those ''no-no" foods!

phantastica
07-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Aack! Mom called while I was at work and made arrangements to take DS and me out to dinner at our favorite middle-eastern restaurant. Could be worse, but they have the breadbasket with those delicious chutneys ...

So. The biggest challenge is to find an entree that's not swimming in fat and eat only half of it, to have only two pieces of bread, drink only water, no alcohol, no appetizers, and no dessert.

Wish me luck.

penpal
07-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Goodluck :goodluck: phantastica! Hope your dinner goes well.

My challenge today is to not overeat because I'm angry with my husband and that sometimes leads to a binge :(. I'm trying to keep in mind that overeating will only hurt me!

kateful
07-26-2006, 11:06 PM
My biggest challenge right now is not pitching my undergarments into a fire pit since they are so tight lately. :mad:

Heather
07-26-2006, 11:59 PM
My biggest challenge today is believing that this most recent 2 pound increase on the scale is not the result of the fact that I've been eating a little extra food this week (but should still be in deficit!)

BreakingFree
07-27-2006, 04:37 PM
My biggest challenge right now is not pitching my undergarments into a fire pit since they are so tight lately. :mad:

Kateful, this one made me laugh out loud (can someone pls. help me find the ROFL smilies??)!!

Aack! Mom called while I was at work and made arrangements to take DS and me out to dinner at our favorite middle-eastern restaurant. Could be worse, but they have the breadbasket with those delicious chutneys ...

So. The biggest challenge is to find an entree that's not swimming in fat and eat only half of it, to have only two pieces of bread, drink only water, no alcohol, no appetizers, and no dessert.

Wish me luck.

phantastica - My favorite Middle-eastern restaurant is a self-serve buffet, including dessert. Can you say DANGER :devil: !? Hope you did OK.

Rosario
07-27-2006, 04:43 PM
My biggest challenge today is pushing play and working out!!! I haven't worked out in....god only knows. I hope I can finally start excercising today!!!

phantastica
07-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Penny, I'm a 'mad eater', too. I haven't quite figured out how to address that, other than just to stay out of situations where I get mad. LOL.

Kateful, that was cute.

Wyllenn, you've had a rough week all around!! I hope you can find something extra nice to do that's a deliberate take-care-of-me move.

BreakingFree, we ended up doing Mexican. No dessert, only water, and I ordered what I thought would be a decent meal - shrimp fajitas. I ate a third of the chip basket with salsa, and had two fajitas with lettuce/guac/sourcream/tomatoes, beans with cheese (BAD idea, I found out after the fact that they have sooo much fat in them). I took home half of the fajita filling and one tortilla for lunch today. After calculating everything on fitday, I was utterly shocked to see how many calories this racked up. But ... before? I would have grazed our way through two baskets of chips ("they're free, after all"), added a margarita and maybe dessert, and I forsure would have been a member of the Clean Plate Club.

Rosario, YAY! Just Push Play!

penpal
07-27-2006, 08:51 PM
I came to the realization today that I can't eat less than 1650 calories (just wouldn't be able to stick to it) soooo the only option I have if I want to start losing again instead of just maintaining at this weight is to do more exercise.

I decided to do half an hour of walking each day (I also work out 3x a week at Curves). This is a bit tricky because I have a bad foot and can only walk 10-15 minutes at a stretch, so I broke it down into 3x 10 minute walks. I've done the first two ok and I'll do another 10 min. after dinner. :running:

brooke26
07-27-2006, 08:58 PM
My biggest challenge today has been to NOT over eat. I was SO busy and took the day off of exercise, but haven't been eating well, so I'm trying to get back on track.

I think I've done pretty well.....and now I'm "done" with eating. No more snacks...no more snacks. Then, off to bed early so I can hit the gym early.