Weight Loss Support - What is going on ?

View Full Version : What is going on ?

sweettay
07-11-2006, 08:27 AM
for about a month i had been exercising everyday :woops: :lifter: eating healthy watching my portions and keeping track of my calories, i did not lose not 1 lb

i had a stressful week last week and i ate what i wanted :cookie: :burger: when i wanted and exercised only 3 days, a 2 mile walk :running: nothing heart pounding and i lost 7 lbs, i dont understand what is going on :?:

dont get me wrong i am happy :carrot: i lost 7 lbs i am not complaining, its just that this is how i have lost most of my weight, when i put in the work i lose nothing and when i go off track i lose

is this happening to anyone else, is this bad for my body,does anyone know what is going on

idest
07-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Are you tracking calories during the time you're "off track"? It would be interesting to see what the actual difference is-- and help us to come up with ideas about what's going on.

Gardenwife
07-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Sometimes, when you're pushing your body very hard, it conserves energy and holds onto the fat. It's a natural response for times of famine and strain. Switching things up and giving the body more calories will sometimes get the body to begin burning those calories off again.

I've noticed the personal trainers on fitness shows have suggested a temporary increase in calories to help a person get off a plateau when she's been working out a lot, but not seeing results.

Crazy, isn't it?

lilybelle
07-11-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure why this is happening. I did notice on weeks that I work-out 7 days a week that I lose less than the weeks that I worked out my scheduled 4 days. It could just be that my muscles were holding onto fluid and once I relaxed them that the weight dropped.

Beach Patrol
07-11-2006, 03:37 PM
7 pounds in one week is not a loss of "fat weight" - sounds more like water weight to me. And water weight, as we know, is "easy come, easy go."

But I could be wrong. :shrug: