Weight Loss Support - The Official "Yay Me" Thread!

View Full Version : The Official "Yay Me" Thread!

Beach Patrol
07-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I just thought it would be nice to have a particular place to say YAY ME! - I've accomplished something! It doesn't have to necessarily be just about our weight, it can be anything (graduated, got promoted, learned to ski, read War & Peace, whatever!) And of course -it's not just for "me" me, but for all you guys too!

So, for today, I say....

YAY ME! - I have lost two pounds this past week. I think it's time for a carrot dance! :carrot:

sotypical
07-10-2006, 12:59 PM
YAY ME! For all the painting, packing, unpacking, cleaning and everything else (probably 50 hours worth) I have done in the last 5 days.

:dance:

Sunnigummi
07-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Yay me! I finally got around to making clay sculptures this weekend!! :)

And I lost a pound ... :D

fitgal2
07-10-2006, 02:04 PM
YAY ME!!! I finally painted the fire place and hung pictures!!! and I tried a spinning class last week!!!

Angel33
07-10-2006, 03:02 PM
YAY ME! After 2 years, yesterday I actually put on a bathing suit and went swimming. It was only around my family, but still a big accomplishment for me. I had an absolute blast.

DeafinlySmart
07-10-2006, 03:21 PM
YAY ME! After 2 years, yesterday I actually put on a bathing suit and went swimming. It was only around my family, but still a big accomplishment for me. I had an absolute blast.

That's a great accomplishment! I'm happy I'm back to diet motivation mode after 4 months off. Even messing up on vacation was planned and isn't gonna get me down!! Loving it! What I like most is realizing it is a life long process.

Hpnotq
07-10-2006, 03:50 PM
YAY ME! I spent 45 minutes on the exercise bike this morning and nearly 20 minutes stretching. And my racing article I wrote last night wasn't hardly edited at all...meaning I guess I did something right! :)

almostheaven
07-10-2006, 04:16 PM
YAY ME! I'm up to running over 2 miles without a break now. Can't wait to get back to my 3 a day. ;)

LadyFirelyght
07-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Yay me! I walked nearly 6 miles yesterday. Not bad for a person that's only 5'1"!! 8 hours of work + 6 hours of Sea World in 98 degree heat, and I'm still standing :D

Rosario
07-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Yay me for eating good so far!! And for starting over!!

This definitely needs to be a daily thread!!!

veggielover
07-10-2006, 05:35 PM
YAY ME! Finally being able to eat once every 4 hours as opposed to once every 2 hours!

lilybelle
07-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Yay me. I went swimming with my family and friends yesterday. The place they wanted to go had about 1/2 mile hike with a very steep hill. I made it up and down that hill without a problem. A year ago I would have said to forget it, I couldn't have made it.

phantastica
07-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Yay Beach Patrol! for the great thread idea!

Yay Me! for choosing to have a pasta salad and lettuce salad at home for dinner instead of restaurant food, and yay me for walking 5 miles today!

penpal
07-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Yay me! We flew down to California last week and I had space between the outside of my thighs and the arm rests! :goodvibes

Beach Patrol
07-12-2006, 01:35 PM
YAY ME! - I didn't eat over my alloted calories yesterday! (I love FitDay.com!!)

kykaree
07-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Yay me - I'm jet lagged, tired, back at work, but I still got up an hour and a half early to get to the gym this morning - and I haven't had any off plan foods today. (by the way - I'm in UK where it is nearly 6 pm, so this is good going!)

phantastica
07-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Yay me! I'm not sure what I have to "yay" about today - maybe the fact that I didn't overeat on my pasta lunch? - but I sure feel like I could use a "yay" today!

Nikki128
07-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Yay me! I chose to eat brocolli and 1 ounce of chicken instead of a chicken parmagina hero today !

JamieY
07-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Yay me! I went on a 6 mile bike ride last night and ate chicken and asparagus for dinner instead of pizza!! Oh!...and I reached my 2lb weight loss goal for the week!! YAY!:carrot:

Rosario
07-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Yay! me for eating so good yesterday and for being on the right track today!!

LadyFirelyght
07-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Yay me! for just being able to be myself and be recognized for the excellent worker I am.

Yay me! for resisting those fries even though they were sooooooo tempting.

Yay me! for saving my money so carefully.

Yay me! for finally getting up the courage to give him my e-mail address (just friends, though!)

Yay me! for finally registering for my GED tests. Now to take the tests!

Yay me! for sticking to my healthier eating, even though company has been trying to pressure me into eating poorly.

Yay me! for being able to put that bad day behind me and move on and become more friendly.

I'm feeling yay'd!

luckyducky
07-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Yay me!!!! I am sticking to the smaller portions plan I have for weight loss, and exercising every day!!!!!

Rumplesnat
07-12-2006, 11:42 PM
YAY ME! I connected with a friend with whom I'd become very distant from. I missed her dearly!!!

fitgal2
07-13-2006, 01:38 PM
yay me!!! I told my boyfriend exactly what I was upset about instead of "protecting" his feelings!

*Erica*
07-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Yay me!!! As of this morning, I have lost 50 pounds!!!!! :D

Rosario
07-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Yay! me for not goingto the deli and buying a big greasy hamburger and fries and eating the lunch I brought from home!!!

Awesome job Erica!!!

Beach Patrol
07-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Great YAYs from everyone!!! Keep it up!! There's got to be at least ONE thing to say YAY about, even if it's trivial!

Today I say YAY ME! for the road-side rescue of an abandoned dog, and all the work I'm putting into finding her a home!

YAY ME! for eating a very healthy turkey on wheat sandwich & a nectarine for lunch!

and YAY ME! - for starting this thread! ;) :D

sotypical
07-13-2006, 04:52 PM
YAY ME! As of this morning I have lost 30 pounds! It is not weigh in day so I can't officaly count it (no changing ticker), but I am in the sence that today is the day I hit the mark of losing 30 pounds!!! This is HUGE for me, I have never lost more then 10-15.

YAY ME! for staying under 1700 calories for the last 3 days, lets make today 4!

phantastica
07-13-2006, 05:03 PM
AWWW! Helping an abandoned dog!! It doesn't get much better than that. :)

WOO HOO to fifty pounds lost and thirty pounds lost!

My yay-me moment today was committing to eating only half a piece of the monthly birthday celebration cake at work. I stuck to it!

Beach Patrol
07-13-2006, 05:04 PM
OMG what a CUTE puppy Courtnie!!! Yay you!

Beach Patrol
07-13-2006, 05:07 PM
AWWW! Helping an abandoned dog!! It doesn't get much better than that. :)

WOO HOO to fifty pounds lost and thirty pounds lost!

My yay-me moment today was committing to eating only half a piece of the monthly birthday celebration cake at work. I stuck to it!

That's GREAT phantastica!~ but don't forget to say "YAY ME!" ... just because it feels good!

sotypical
07-13-2006, 05:13 PM
OMG what a CUTE puppy Courtnie!!! Yay you!

OMG how could I forget!

YAH ME! For FINALLY FINDING MY PERFECT PUPPY!. I know it's not as good as adopting, but I REALLY wanted a certain kind of dog in a puppy!

phantastica - congrats on only half the cake! our work doesn't a monthly birthday thing, I have got used to not eating but seeing as this month is my birthday I think I will HAVE to eat some, and the WHOLE THING! haha

Pachyderm
07-14-2006, 08:51 AM
YAY courtney for the 30 lb loss!

Yay me for fitting in my run last night and for sticking at it!

Cardiomonster
07-14-2006, 11:04 AM
YAY me for brisk walking 3.6 miles last night in one hour!:carrot:

YAY ME for losing 79 pounds so far :D

oh - and yay me for being a 'fat chick' for just over one year!

phantastica
07-14-2006, 11:34 AM
YAY ME! I'm wearing a shirt that was given to me a few years ago but has always been too small. It's beautiful and looks gorgeous! YAY! :dance: :dance:

And I don't look like a dancing marshmallow in it! ;)

Oh, and YAY ME because I have a job interview next Friday for a job about 3 levels above where I'm at right now. Wish me luck!

ssgtswife33
07-14-2006, 11:59 AM
YAY ME!!!! - For eating good and sticking with my weight loss plan. I Haven't cheated since I restarted my plan 7 days ago.

YAY ME!!!! - For loosing 82 pounds so far.

YAY ME!!!! _ For having 2 wonderful kids and a loving husband. :)

fitgal2
07-14-2006, 03:57 PM
yay me!!! for going to the gym today when I REAAAAAAALLLLLYYYY didn't want to!!!

YAY ME!!! for wlaking for an hour yesterday!!!

YAY ME!!! for going to volunteer yesterday even though all I wanted to do is nap!!!

idest
07-15-2006, 04:18 PM
YAY me! About three weeks ago I tried on a pair of pants I absolutely loved and which were just that much too tight...I went ahead and bought them anyway and told myself I HAD to fit into them before the middle of July. I have them on now and they look fabulous. YAY!

brooke26
07-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Yay me!! I went to the Cheesecake Factory with my family and didn't overeat. I actually ended up without a single bite of cheesecake!!!! Hooray. This is HUGE since I usually leave having ingested about 1200 calories!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

And, yey for all of you!!!

mudbugs
07-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Brooke26, all I can say is anybody that can go to Cheesecake Factory and not have any cheesecake is my idol. i'm not worthy, i'm not worthy!~ :D :D

fitgal2
07-16-2006, 05:09 PM
YaY Me!!! for reconnecting with a good friend!!!!

Beach Patrol
07-17-2006, 01:53 PM
YAY ME! - for eating healthy alllll weekend!!! - no junk!!! :D

sotypical
07-17-2006, 02:00 PM
YAY ME! For saying under calories everyday last week except Saturday!

DeafinlySmart
07-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Yay Me! I reconnected with my diet 4 weeks ago. At first I was losing nothing! I kept going and even made allowances for 2 weeks of vacation. I've lost 3.5lbs! I'm on the go now!

Also Yay Me! I was mature this week. I had company that instead of really including me in the tourist thing in my area when they came to visit me (I'm new to the area too) they paid my dinners and bought me T-shirts but excluded me from the tourist vacations. They were going to let me go today but made like 3-4 excuses why I might not want to go. I get it. I'm JUST the relative. But because the second person is a guest, I acted like a gracious host. Yah Me for being the bigger person. I'd rather go with someone who wants me to be with me. Thanks, but no thanks!

BlueToBlue
07-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Yay Me! I had my first check-up in years where my doctor didn't tell me I need to lose weight and exercise more! She actually commented on how slow my heartbeat is--all that cardio paying off! :carrot: :cb:

- Barbara