Carb Counters - Weekly Chat// 7/10-16

View Full Version : Weekly Chat// 7/10-16

lady_adnerb
07-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Well, I'm back. Why is it SO easy to eat junk and SO hard to eat healthy? I read the question about self sabotage (I think Robin asked it this weekend)...and I keep coming back to that. WHY am I doing this to myself. Why can I do SO good for the week and not the weekend. Why, Why, Why. There are a couple other "why" questions I've got to ask myself (about my faith, etc) so time to put my thinking cap on and figure this all out. But I'm back to LC!!!

RobinW
07-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Good Morning :rain:

Brenda~ I have such a hard time with the self sabotage....I get going so good, and will get going on a 3 week stretch, and then boom, Ive slipped up. Maybe a thread on this topic?

Not alot happening around here, it raining today. So I think dd and I will clean the house. Its seriously neglected! :lol: A few t-shirts need to get done today, but thats it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

lady_adnerb
07-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Robin: I know exactly what you're talking about. But I can't seem to make it through the weekend. If you'd like to start the sabotage thread that'd be great (or if you don't want to I can) :)

Forgot to mention:
TOM has arrived (of course, always does when I'm trying to re-start). But even though there's fudge in the fridge (say that 5 times fast. lol) I'm not even tempted (yet) to eat any. The temptations come at night, after supper. So I plan on taking that as it comes.

lilybelle
07-10-2006, 10:52 AM
So glad to see you back Brenda, I've missed seeing you. I am still eating my LC plan and exercising. Spent the day at the lake yesterday swimming with family and friends. Now, that I have hit goal, I keep reminding myself that nothing has changed and that it doesn't give me permission to pig out. Has anyone else added in baked yams to their woe. I want to try this and according to the book it is a maintenance food. The only food that I have added so far is Oats and that was about 2 months ago. I have them twice a week. The whole time, I have kept my carbs at less than 30 but would like to try to eventually go up to 40. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Ms Spotdog
07-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Planning, Brenda! Be prepared with something yummy and LC when the cravings hit so you don't dive into the fudge. I have a plan to write down all the LC friendly foods/snackies I have and place it on the front of the fridge and pantry so that I will see it when I have the munchies. Somehow when I'm hungry (or bored) my brain goes completely blank and I don't think about the LC stuff I have and instead grab something no-so-good-for-me.

It is cooler and breezy here this morning! I know it will warm up later but it is nice to air the house out now before I close up, set the A/C and head to work. Yesterday morning was MEGA hot even at 7:30 am! Felt like Florida or something!

Well, have a good day everyone. Fight the good LC fight!

Kel

RobinW
07-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Lilly, I had added yams in a few years ago, when I was getting close to goal....yams turned out to be a trigger food for me. So I lump them in with regular potatoes, and dont eat them at all anymore.

Idealperson
07-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Hello everyone, I'm back from a fabulours vacation. We spent four days in New York City and saw the fireworks over the Statue of Liberty, did alot of shopping, shows, and other touristy things...I love New York but could never live there!

We started out on our vacation by taking in a Brewer's game that I thought was in Chicago...but it was in Minneapolis, so I am thinking on the road trip there that this doesn't seem like we are traveling in the right direction....then I looked at the tickets! Then I began to think about the airline flight, I booked us to fly out of Chicago (not MN), so we had to rush around and make last minute changes, my DH was pissed, so we started off with a huge fight, but it all got worked out in the final boarding minutes! Whew! Overall, it was great, too much food and drink, but alot of exercise. I don't show any weight gain yet, but we just got in last night at 10:30 pm.

Hope everyone has a good LC week! :smug:

lilybelle
07-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks Robin, I'll be sure to watch for this and see what happens when I try to add them. I have lived a long time without them so if necessary, I just won't eat them.

lady_adnerb
07-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Yesterday went well. Not enough water but I was OP eating wise. Helped that TOM was upsetting my stomach and I wasn't really hungry for ANYTHING. I did eat, but at least didn't crave chocolate!!!
Sorry no personals today. Sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep up the great work!! :wave:

RobinW
07-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Good Morning :sunny:

Not much happening around here....enjoying the day with dd :) I think we will go out for lunch today together.

Got the house all cleaned up yesterday, some shirts to do today, and thats it.

Have a great day ladies

slimminginohio
07-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Hello everyone. Well I have been off plan going on two weeks now and I can't see going back. I have really been gorging on tons of stuff I never even really liked. I guess I felt so deprived that I felt like I needed to make up for lost time. It all started with a vacation and I haven't been able to reel myself back in. I have gained back 7 lbs and it's been less than two weeks. I just don't know if it's possible for me to eat LC or possible to eat them in moderation. The no carb definetly works but once I eat just a small amount of carbs (this all started by just eating fruit) I totally went overboard. I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm glad to be under 200 lbs but it seems like the 140's will never come unless I get my stomach stapled. I vowed to re-start on July 25 and try to go strong until December 25. I figured an even 5 months would allow me to lose about 40 lbs or so but that time cuts through Thanksgiving and Christmas not to mention all the candy during Halloween. I just don't know why I can't be satisfied with just a handful of chips or one slice of pizza. Sorry for the woe is me post...

SIO

bnbsmommy1
07-11-2006, 12:27 PM
hi guys :) all your housework has inspired me, I may have to clean today teehee

slimminginohio: :hug: sorry you are down right now, you CAN do it though, I totally have the faith for ya :)

have to get a church lesson ready for tomorrow night, hope y'all have a super day!

Lacey

Ms Spotdog
07-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Lacey! So nice to 'see' you! How have you been? And the family? And the new house? Do you have more time now to check in with us? You've been missed!

Slimming - I know its hard to give up the things you think you just gotta have but your last line said it all: You are a carb addict and you cannot have just one slice of pizza or one handful of chips. Read the Drs. Heller's book and just maybe you will read about yourself and have some understanding about what it going on with your body (and head) when you have carbs. Good luck and we are here for support.

*waves* to everyone! I gotta get busy here. No client work today but there is always housework and laundry! Have a nice day all!

Kel

lilybelle
07-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone. I am taking my daughter to the school today to get a work permit. She is 14 and the lady at our local cafe said she'll hire her to help out a couple days a week for waitressing and such. She is so excited. Her very first job. I pay her $20.00 weekly to help me with the yard work. Like any teenager, she loves to have spending money. I'm happy for her.
SIO, I know you can do it. Jump back in here with the rest of us. Sometimes we all just need a break. Good luck and best wishes for you. I'm sending you some extra willpower.

Idealperson
07-11-2006, 03:25 PM
My eating was great uesterday until supper, I made myself a hamburger and my family a chili-like casserole. When I went to put the leftovers away I took a few bites and couldn't stop-I ate a whole serving!

Today has been good so far, but evening are my worst times.

Oh...and I got a raise today! Yippeee!!!! :carrot:

needtolose4me2
07-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Hi all.
Glad to see so many people back on posting!

Brenda - sounds like our trying hard to keep it all together. Nights have always been tough for me too. I've done alright with having whipped heavy cream with a little sugar free cocoa mix when I REALLY have to have something. how has your weight through all this up and down? Have you lost any or at least held your own?

Idealperson - I love NY too. and I would love to live there as well! just can't afford it. I have never been to see the fireworks (and I grew up in jersey!) It is something that I always wanted to do.
I used to be tempted the same way while cleaning up after dinner. SO to solve that I just don't clean up after dinner! My kids have been great about it! I have gotten past it and am stronger now, but I won't let them know that! lol!

SIO - I"m with MsSpot on this one. Sometimes it's just NOT possible to have one this or that when it comes to carbs and yes, the holidays will be here fast You have to get it in your head now that that stuff is just over! if you start now, by Halloween you will have come so far that you will probably think it's just not worth it to cheat !

Lillybelle - Wow you only have to be 14 for a work permit now? I'm sure she'll be loving making some of her own money! My oldest is only 9 but I guess that time is fast approaching!

Lacey - Glad to see your back! Keep fighting girl! You're entiring the home stretch now! less than 20 lbs to go and look how far you came! You can do it!

lilybelle
07-11-2006, 09:17 PM
I am the exact same way about cleaning up after dinner. Tonite, I made me and DD steaks. She only ate half of hers and while I cleaned up, I considered eating the rest of it. I wasn't even hungry. If it wasn't for my dog standing there begging I'd have probably eaten it. But, Molly won out this time.
I freely admit that I am a carb addict and can't eat just a bite or small amount of it once I get started. I really have to watch the sugar-alcohols as they trigger sweets cravings for me. I used to love Italian food and would eat more than most grown men, it was embarassing. I didn't like to go out to a restaurant. I wanted it homemade, so I could eat half a pan. Sometimes if my DH asked "where's the rest of the lasagna?', I'd lie and say my son took it to work with him. Anything to keep from admitting that I ate it all.

lady_adnerb
07-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Robin: Glad you had a good day with DD :)

SIO: I can TOTALLY relate to what you said about eating stuff that I've never liked before. I seem to be doing that as well!! But you can do this!!!

Lacey: When you're done cleaning you can come do mine (as I've been slacking and it's showing again) :lol:

Kel: Hope you had a great day :)

Lily: I've gotta say, every time I see your post I have to look at your picture and say "DANG! I wanna succeed like her". Great inspiration :) My daughter turns 14 at the end of this month. Not sure she'd be wanting to get a job yet. We went to McDonald's last week (one of my MANY screwups) and there was this young kid and there's NO way he could have been 14! He just seemed so young (younger than my 11 year old!!!!)

Ideal: WTG on the raise. Don't beat yourself up too much about the slip. Just get right back on track :)

NTL: Your advice to everyone was awesome! All of it I could totally relate to and understand--as if you were pointing your finger at me. lol. I've been managing the same 7 pounds throughout the past umpteen months. So that's not bad...I'd just prefer to keep things going and LOSE those 7 and more. I know it's a matter of getting my head on straight and getting serious about this. It's the truth----I'm a carb addict and my body canNOT process carbs like others. So why do that to my body?!?!

Well, except for the lack of exercise and water I'm getting back on track. Back to the 1 step at a time!

Idealperson
07-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Hello All! Last night's supper was much better, only we didn't eat until 8:30 pm-way too late, but I had grilled meat and veggies. I have many obstacles ahead of me...tomorrow is a business luncheon and food is being brought into us, so I have no control over what is served, Sat. is my DD birthday and she wants a Dairy Queen cake, then Mon-Wed. next week I am back on the road at another conference so that means more food that is served to us without having any input...plus 3 days of hotel rooms and not in my normal routine. Though I have been traveling so much the hotels are feeling pretty normal! I try to get all my conferences and trainings done in the summer, so I don't have to worry about bad weather for traveling and no daycare costs for the kids!

I have been eating too many fruits lately, but they are ripe for picking in my garden and I can't resist...I have been eating strawberries, black caps and raspberries at least 2x per day! Hope everyone else is doing great...what's for dinner tonight at your places?????

lilybelle
07-13-2006, 02:43 AM
Hi everyone. I'll start by saying that things aren't going too well for me. Most of you know that I had hernia surgeries with bowel adhesions released in April of this year. I thought I was doing great. I noticed a couple weeks ago that I was having serious problems again with no BM's. I started having severe abdominal pain low in my right side last night. My DH took me to the ER. The Dr. thought at first that it was kidney stones, but it's not. After the Cat Scan he said, he thinks I have adhesions again. This isn't what someone that is is 9 weeks post-op wants to hear. He gave me Morphine and IV fluids and told me to go back and see my surgeon again. I felt Ok most of the day today and then it hit me tonite, I was hurting so bad that it took 4 tries to get off the couch. I plan to see my regular doctor tomorrow and see what he thinks. Probably back to the surgeon. This is so frustrating, I have had 4 abdominal surgeries in the past year and a half. Everytime I think I am better I end up with either a bowel obstruction, hernia or adhesions.
Anyway, it sounds like everyone else is doing great. I don't mean to be depressing, just needed to vent a little.
Thanks Brenda and I know you will lose those other 7 lbs. I had a real rough time getting to goal too. My DD is very excited about her first job. She starts this Saturday. She will be working 4 hr. shifts and will make a whopping $5.15 and hr. plus tips and she thinks this is a gold mine. She is already planning on getting a new hairstyle with her first paycheck. We are good friends with the cafe owner and I think Lacy will enjoy working for her. She had been trying to get babysitting jobs, but I think this will be good for her. She isn't allowed to work more than 15 hrs. a week during the school year which is good. She is an honor student and I want her to keep her grades up.
My dinner tonite was a LC steak quesadilla with sour cream and a little salsa. It was good, my 14 yr. old step-daughter (Shelbey) cooked dinner for me and her while Lacy was at church. She's a sweet girl and she loves to cook.

lady_adnerb
07-13-2006, 08:49 AM
IP: Well, I consider fruits at this time of year necessary thing. Especially seeing how they're fresh and not store bought. Any way to get a suggestion in to the company so they start putting food you can eat OP out?

Lily: So sorry to hear you're having problems again. Do they know why this keeps happening? Thanks for the encouragement--I keep plugging along :) Keep us informed on how things are going.

Last night I did well. No water or exercise (again), but I did eat OP. Well, if you don't count the Bacardi O I drank (WAYYY too full of carbs) and the smoothie I made. I bought a smoothie maker and now I have to figure out how to make them LC. The fruit I'm not too worried about. It's the juice I add that I've got to look into LC ones (if there is such a thing). My family LOVES them and in this heat it's a good way to cool down. Today I'm going to try and drink only 1 soda and the rest of the time water. I'll probably end up breaking down and drinking it this afternoon. By that time I'm sure I'll have a headache. But my goal for that is to go soda-free (again). THEN maybe the scale will drop. :wave: have a great day!!

RobinW
07-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Good Morning

Lily~ Im so sorry to hear about all this happening to you again. I have to say tho, you're a tough lady to not let this stuff knock you off your eating plan. You're such an inspiration! :hug:

Dd and I went to see pirates of the carribean yesterday. It was pouring rain pretty much all day, so it was perfect. Not a bad movie, but the first one was so much better. I suspect its the movie to get you to the end. kwim? My dd loved it....thats all that really matters tho :lol:

My dd is 9yrs old, and I never make a point to say Im on a diet or watching my weight....well yesterday she says to me. "Mom I eat too much sugar, starting right now, Im going to cut out the junk food!" She then asked me if Id help her cut out the sugar. I agree with her, but didnt say anything at all about it. So I said sure....she gave me her bubble gum, and suggested I throw out the rest of the brownies :lol: So today Im going to make strawberries and cream oatmeal for her and see how she likes it sugar free :lol: I'll let you know how her first sugar free day goes :lol: Im so proud of her for recognizing that all the sugar stuff isnt good for her.

I think dd and I will head out for a bike ride today. I havent been to the gym for a while, but Im not going to worry about it too much right now.

Have a great day ladies.

Juxtapose
07-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Happy Thursday all.

Okay... two things.

FitDay rocks.

and Breyers Carb Smart Ice Cream (only 4g impact carbs per serving) rocks.

lol

Healing energy to those who need it.

Namaste'

- Jux

ps. My 7 year old son keeps drinking all my Wyler's Light Pink Lemonade. lol

Idealperson
07-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Good Morning!

Lady A.... I bought a smoothie maker this last week and we love. I don't use juice, I use the fresh fruit, a LC yogurt (or LC ice cream) and ice. I also make a great one with coffee, SF frozen Cool Whip, DaVinci SF syrup (chocolate flavoring) and ice...very yummy!

I am down one pound today...the scale finally moved! :carrot:

lilybelle
07-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Brenda, the doctors haven't really given me a clue why these things keep happening. They only say that with abdominal surgeries "there is always the chance of obstructions or adhesions occurring". Part of the problem, I think, is that since I have had so many hernias and my whole tummy is wired with that mesh, everything just starts to adhere to it. Not sure if that is what causes it, but it's just my opinion.
The smoothies sound great. I have taken fresh strawberries, splenda , water, ice and cool whip and blended it together and it was very tasty. I did the same thing with raspberries and it was good too.
Juxtapose, have you tried Braum's low carb ice cream, it's my favorite. I have tried the Breyers and it is good too.
Robin, that is great that your DD is learning now about leaving the sugar out. My DD uses splenda (she's 14) or sugar-free syrup for a sweetener and she likes it. My DH is the only one that uses sugar. They all use skim milk now.
I chickened out on going to the doctor today. I will wait til I can't stand it. I am just not mentally up for being referred back to a surgeon at this time. I know I shouldn't be this way, but I can't help it right now. I would prefer to see a gastroenterologist first and have a scope to see if anything else might be a problem. I will suggest this to my doctor.
I feel guilty not exercising lately but it hurts too much to walk.

carolr3639
07-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Lily, I didn't read all this but I have constipation problems, too. That's one reason I can't do low carb. But lately I have found that tomato juice helps. Soy milk has fiber, too. Check out the fiber content of things you eat. I know your story is complicated with illness and there is just a lot that doctors don't know.

lady_adnerb
07-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Just doing a fly-by today. It's RAINING!! WAHOOO!! We needed it SO bad. Then again, not sure if we got enough to help things. It's HOT. So not much going on outside. Which is why I'm going to do grocery shopping now before it gets too much warmer. Supposed to be almost 100 tomorrow!!! ICK!!!! Off I go. OH!! I managed to get half my water in. And decided I can't do the soda-free until next week. Too much going on this weekend and can't deal with the headaches. But I'll be working the water in as well :)

RobinW
07-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Good Morning

I need to smarten up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its hot, humid and I havent been drinking nearly enough water!! So yesterday I got a whopper of a headache, and slept until almost til 10 this morning :dizzy:

Eating has been horrible too...so today restarts everything "again". I am going to stay with it this time. Im making this promise to myself, and I will not break it. Im so tired of feeling like crap.

I finally got our brochures finished and sent off (hopefully) to the printer. I had to upload everything onto their website, and of course my files were huge, and wouldnt go. Wouldnt go thru email either....I think :crossed: they are finally where they need to be :lol: they will call if they didnt get them! I think that attributed to my whopper headache too :( Felt like my poor little brain exploded in my head :lol:

Im off to make my breakie shake, and join one of those challenges to get me motivated.

Have a good one ladies.......stay cool!

lilybelle
07-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone, it is hot here too. Not really anything new to report. I'm off to the kitchen to fix breakfast. Everyone slept in late today. I am needing my coffee. We had ribs and brisket last night cooked on my smoker, ( no sauce for me) and they were sure good. My DD and step-daughter helped clean the house really good last night , it won't stay clean for long, but I like it for now.

needtolose4me2
07-14-2006, 04:15 PM
HI all. Not much time for personals today so I'll just send my best to everyone. Hope everyone is having a good week.
Been kind of sown in the dumps this week with personal stuff but thank God, it didn't affect my WOE. At this point that is the ONLY thing I have control of! SO that feels good!

Juxtapose
07-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Happy Friday All.

Not too much going on. Sticking to plan. Feeling a bit constipated. Hoping it will pass. (no pun intended) lol

My 10 year old daughter was sitting on my butt while I was laying the the couch today. She started playing the bongos on my rear and then started pulling on my jeans. "These pants are loose on you mom" :) Good I said, that's the point.

Happy weekend all.

- Jux
:bubbles:

lady_adnerb
07-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Didn't get much rain today. That's the bad news. The worse news is that it's supposed to be even HOTTER tomorrow!! UGH! And I've got to go to my parents house and mom has been stingy w/her central air. We'll be coming home early!! Did a bad thing.....had a chocolate chip cookie. ARGH! Not even sure WHY I did it. Dang! Well, tomorrow is official WI so we'll see what the scale says. Not expecting a big loss. But a pound would be good. I'd like to see a pound a week. Oh....and going to need willpower tomorrow as we're celebrating DD's BD tomorrow at my parents and there'll be cherry torte for dessert. I'm going to have to walk outside when they're having it. It'll be the only way I'll be able to avoid having any. Not sure what's for supper...but I'm sure I'll have to bring a salad to go with the meat (probably brats/hot dogs/hamburgers). have a great weekend everyone!!

lady_adnerb
07-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Forgot..... :dust: for everyone so they manage to stay OP during the weekend!!

lilybelle
07-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Hi everyone, I am having trouble figuring out exactly what my maintenance level for carbs is going to be. I have lost 2 more lbs. since hitting goal. Wouldn't you figure, after struggling like crazy to get those last few lbs. off. I am actually scared to add more carbs for fear of gaining. I went up to 40 carbs for a couple days and then noticed I was eating about 20-25 again. It is such a juggling act. I posted about this under the maintainers forum because I noticed that several of them are below their goal weights. It
is not a bad problem to have but I want to maintain successfully without such fear. Good luck to everyone and I know that many of you are right behind me in hitting maintenance.
My DD starts work in the morning and she is so excited.
I went shopping today and didn't buy anything for myself. I did buy my DD a new dress for next weekends wedding (my 20 yr. old step-daughter). I am going shopping for myself on Tuesday for a new dress.
BTW, I was trying to change my weight on my ticker and erased the darn thing. I am so computer illiterate, I will have to have my DD fix it.
Some of my problem with my maintenance carb level may have to do with the abdominal pain I have been having. I have noticed that I don't feel very hungry. I have a sore throat to boot, now.
It is 100 degrees here and hot, hot, hot.

RobinW
07-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Good Morning

Lilly~ I would suggest waiting (if you can) closer to the wedding to buy your dress. If you're still loosing weight, the dress you buy on tuesday may be too big by the weekend. Im so happy for you!!!!! You're an awesome inspiration!

Brenda~ thanks for the willpower dust!!

I did good yesterday, expect for 1-4th of a kitkat bar. It tasted horrible and I didnt cheat any more yesterday. So I'll take that as a success.

Have a great weekend ladies!

needtolose4me2
07-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi all! That's something Lillybelle! I have found that I needed to add a bit more carbs to kick my weight loss into high gear again. I guess it will take a while to figure out for you! The few extra pounds is ok. I lowered my original goal from 145 to 142 so that I have the 3 lbs to play with.

Brenda you did really well on the weight loss this week. that should be enough ecncouragement to keep you going strong through the weekend!

RObin - Once in a while i would have one of those mini bite size 3 musketeers and it never effected me. but now I find like you said, they just don't taste good anymore! which is a really good thing!

Jux- that was a cute story. for me it meant the most when my kids noticed my weight loss becaue I knew they weren't saying it just to be kind!

Have a good rest of the weekend ladies.
maggie

lilybelle
07-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Hi everyone. My DD is at work. I am all alone now. DH is at work too. The house is quiet and the dog is curled up on my feet. Her favorite place is under the computer desk for some reason.
My MIL is coming up on Tuesday to go shopping with me for me and her a dress for the wedding. I know she'll try to get me to buy something old and granny looking. She always does. I'm gonna stick to my guns and buy something I think is pretty. I don't like those granny things she buys. She always gets very expensive clothes, but granny looking none the less. She always says I should get a very short haircut like hers and I don't want that either. My worst fear is the shoes she'll try to pick out for me. She tries to be helpful but can be a PITA sometimes. I told her that I will probably need to find a skirt set because I wear a 12 on top and a 4 on bottom but she said no "an A-line dress will fit you nicely'. I don't see how. I will try some on to appease her, but buy what I like. I started to just go ahead and shop for myself yesterday and pick my own things out while she wasn't with me. She is so fashion conscious . Last year when my FIL passed away , she and her DD went shopping and bought me, her DD and herself a dress for the funeral without saying a word to me. They were expensive. They bought mine a size 26, and I was wearing a size 20 at the time. Needless to say , I thanked them and had them return mine to the store after the funeral. I wore my own clothes that I had. It just irritates me because she thinks any event is a chance to show her wealth and we all better be dressed to her specifications. I have complained about this to my DH and he said she's always been this way and just ignore. Heck, she had him modeling suits for JC Penney's catalogs when he was in high school. When he was 17 he was in all the papers for "best dressed teen" in Oklahoma. Sorry to rant , I am just dreading shopping with her. I guess I turned her poor boy into a slob, all he wears is jeans and t-shirts now. LOL
Anyway, I finally did 30 min's on treadmill last night and it did feel good. I was so glad to be able to exercise.

carolr3639
07-15-2006, 07:17 PM
I can't imagine ever thinking about losing extra weight. But I suppose it could happen. Sorry, Lilly, about your up coming shopping trip. My mother in law doesn't hardly know me anymore and she is in a nursing home. She used to be quite the chatter box but hardly talks now. Kinda sad. My FIL has been battling cancer but is in remission now. My DH went back to see him several times this spring and he was so sick he didn't remember him being there. Hard to see them get older when they have always been so active. My mom was kind of a fancy dresser but guess I never cared much about clothes and as I go heavier it got even worse. I like to sew but hardly ever take the time anymore. I guess we are just all from the denim era. Ha!

lilybelle
07-15-2006, 09:21 PM
carol, sorry to hear about your MIL and FIL. I usually get along well with my MIL but she is snooty. If my FIL were to look down from heaven to see her, he wouldn't recognize his home. Every single thing in it has changed. TV, computer, furniture, windows, doors, floors, appliances ,everything. It was shocking to me how quick she spent the insurance money. He was a great person and not snooty at all. I sure miss him.
Don't get me wrong, I usually love to shop and have spent a lot of money on clothes with the weight loss. I am just most comfortable in casual clothes and not showy. I haven't bought many dress clothes. 3 skirts is it. These are darker colored and not appropriate for this wedding. But, if a funeral comes up again, I am set.
It is strange how after fighting several months to lose that last 10 lbs. that I am still losing now. I would go in cycles of losing 2 lbs. a week for a couple weeks and then staying the same weight for 3 or 4 weeks. I guess this is still what is happening. It is just really scary to increase my food intake for fear of gaining weight. I am sure I will adjust eventually. I picked my goal as middle of the normal range for my weight range, so I have about 15 lbs. to work with.
carol, I sure hope you have great success with your weight loss even with the prednisone. It can definitely be done, but it sure does make me hungrier. I think now that I am adjusted to the medication and a lifestyle of eating healthier even with it.

lady_adnerb
07-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Well, I didn't make it through my parents house w/out eating cherry torte. DANG! Well, tomorrow should be a good day. Not even sure why I ate it. It looked good, and I remember enjoying it...but it wasn't as good as I remember. I feel sick to my stomach now. How come I can never remember these feelings? Well, won't be going out there next weekend. So should make it through the rest of the weekend and next week PLUS next weekend. Next weekend our church is playing baseball against another church. Should be interesting....and LOTS of exercise! lol.

lilybelle
07-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Brenda, isn't it strange how when we do eat something that isn't LC it doesn't taste as good as we thought it would be. This is what happens to me. About the wedding next week, I am planning to have 1 piece of cake. I miss cake and only allow it on special occasions. It's weird, but when I do eat something off-program, I eat it very quickly. Like, I feel a need to hurry up and get it out of site.

RobinW
07-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Good Morning

Cherry Torte eh Brenda? :lol: sounds good to me too :lol: But your right, it sure doesnt taste like we remember.

Maggie, Lily, and everyone to come :wave:

I didnt do very good yesterday...the heat gets to me, and I attack cold stuff, like icecream :( On the plus side, I got all my water in!

Have a great Sunday ladies :beach:

needtolose4me2
07-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Hi all!

Well down 1 lbs this week. but I'm not complaining! Didn't exercises like normal and I lost 3 last week so I wasn't expecting much this week!
Better than nothing!
Lillylbelle - you make sure you treat yourself to a nice sexy dress girl! you deserve it.

Brenda! Sorry to hear about the torte! I did that last week with my daughters birthday and had cheesecake when we went out. I was sick half the night. Definetely not worth it.

RobinW - You have come a long way! I don't think I ever really checked out your stats before! A little ice cream once in a while won't hurt as long as you get right back on program! Just think your almost at 100lbs lost!! Keep that in mind next time you go towards the freezer!! lol

RobinW
07-16-2006, 06:35 PM
RobinW - You have come a long way! I don't think I ever really checked out your stats before! A little ice cream once in a while won't hurt as long as you get right back on program! Just think your almost at 100lbs lost!! Keep that in mind next time you go towards the freezer!! lol

Thanks Maggie.....I had lost the 100++, (I was down to 192)but keeping it off is proving to be quite a problem for me. ..........and thanks for reminding me Ive come along way already. I need to remind myself that a little bit more often too. Helps keep me in check. Great going on your loss this week!! :hug:

lilybelle
07-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone, Hope all is going well. I am on my way to take dinner to my DH. I made a big pork roast, steamed veggies and his beloved mac-n-cheese for him and a coworker of his. I'm not tempted by the mac-n-cheese, I am used to fixing it home-made for him and I never take a bite of it.
I need to mow the lawn, but it is 100 degrees out there. Not sure if I will get it done or not.
Robin, you are doing great.
Maggie, congrat's on losing that lb. Every single one counts so be proud.
I do plan to get a very nice dress , but not sexy, it's a Pentecostal wedding and they are extremely religious.

needtolose4me2
07-16-2006, 08:38 PM
(I do plan to get a very nice dress , but not sexy, it's a Pentecostal wedding and they are extremely religious)

Lillybelle - Oops! well you know what I mean!

lilybelle
07-16-2006, 11:30 PM
That's quite OK, I am not pentecostal and would much prefer a sexy dress. Lol.

carolr3639
07-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Thought I posted this morning but can't find it. In the thread Goal I put a new topic "stories". No one replied. Wonder if you could answer the quesion, Lily. Thanks.