Support Groups - STOP THE INSANITY Labor Day Weekly Challenge #12 - Take on the Top 10!

mscat816
07-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Join us and STOP THE INSANITY of . . . Eating what you want and exercising when you feel like it week in and week out and expecting to see results! It's time to stop yackin' and take action. Our Labor Day Challenge is to master completing weekly goals including goals from our Top 10 Weight Loss Tips:

1. GET OUT OF BED!

2. Have a daily little planning/pep rally - Plan meals and exercise ahead of time.

3. Move 30 min daily exercise 4 - 6 days/week (ANY exercise is better than none)

4. Drink H2O (8 glasses or use a weight/water ratio calculator) - Limit Alcohol and caloric beverages

5. Eat breakfast.

6. Eat some veggies and fruit everyday

7. Avoid processed/fast foods. Limit grain products to 5 servings or less

8. Keep binge foods out of the house Keep healthy emergency snacks in the car

9. Keep a food journal and Post results daily (3fc!)

10. Complete your last meal by 8 p.m.

11. Bonus Tip - GO TO BED!! Get adequate sleep!

Each Monday we will post our weights and declare our promises for the week (include something from the TT List. We will support each other by staying focussed on our successes and encourage each other when challenged to triumph over challenges and we will be victorious come Labor Day!

mscat

slimkim
07-10-2006, 08:03 AM
just wanted to be clear on that.. don't think i could do that one.. but i am going to limit them where it pertains to not 100% whole wheat ... thanks..Kim

deleted
07-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Hi Slimkin ... I'm sure Mscat is suggesting "five grains per day." :) Five a week wouldn't quite cut it, would it?

After traveling and eating for the last five days and all the emotional upheaval that goes with a death in the family, I am back to 211 lbs. this morning (no surprise at all!!!) I'm looking at my schedule between now and Labor Day, and knowing myself and knowing how I behave with my son, my granddaughter and food, I'll do well to NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT between now and then, let alone lose any! :devil:

I have four days to diet, then we leave for Maryland/Mass. on Friday and don't return to Raleigh for two weeks, including that week in Hyannis and on Nantucket. My sweet granddaughter will come home with me for three weeks ... and we travel to the mountains and the beach while she's here .... so it goes! I do plan to get in as much exercise as possible, though, and to just try to eat our favorite foods in moderation so that I don't do too much damage.

I hope you've all had a great weekend, and I wish you good willpower and energy over the coming week!!! :dance: When next Monday travels around, I will be on my way to New Bedford and Hyannis. I will weigh in here on Friday morning, and post that before I leave. To you all ... :grouphug:

mscat816
07-10-2006, 11:00 AM
I hope you like the Top 10 (plus 1) List - It is made of up tips from everyone who contributed. Diana (Chic) gave us the 5 servings or less of grains. She can confirm, but I agree with Bonnie that it applies to daily intake!
I did 6 of 7 days of exercise last week :carrot: and approximately 4 - 5 days each of staying OP and getting my water in. I forgot (conveniently) to weigh in today. Will post it by tomorrow.

My goals for this week are:

#3 Exericise 4 - 6 days a week
#4 Drink 64 oz of water min each day
#9 Food Journaling - tracking my WW points each day!
Kim :welcome2: All of these tips are general - modify any of them to fit your needs. Any restriction in grains, especially white processed foods is going to make a difference. Go for it :cheer:

Bonnie - Hang in there for the next 4 days and then have a great trip! :hug:

mscat

TryinAgain5402
07-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey everybody!
My goals are:
#1 Getting out of Bed
#4 Drink 64 oz of water min each day (done for today!)
#9 Food Journaling - tracking my WW points each day! This is the hardest, I can't get through to myself that keeping track in my head doesn't work!
Good week to all!

dgpebbles
07-11-2006, 11:20 AM
well no lose for me last week still the same .....I guess my pigging out on the 4th really hurt me...

my goals this week
#3 exercise 4-6 days (this will be hard)
#4 drink 64oz water daily(I think I've got this one down)
#6 eat fruits and veggies daily(need to work on this too)
#9 post on here daily(need to post daily for support and motivation)

Bonnie -have a great trip..sounds like loads of fun

mscat816
07-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I don't know what happened but my post was lost from yesterday :?: I have been 3 days in a room with my exercise. I am in Houston for my brother's 4th wedding :eek: and I plan to eat healthy, track points, and walk a little bit everyday.

Donna - no loss is a win in this game - better than gaining anyday!

Tryin' - you are my WW buddy! :hug: I going to be on your heels tryin' to keep up with tracking everyday!

Love you

mscat

ChicCityChick
07-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Back--after the move from **** and the start of the new job...

Yep--that's 5 grains Daily for the intake.

I've managed to stay at my starting weight through it all and have a mini goal to just get below 140# by my birthday. This WILL happen come **** or high water!!!

I started the 12 week Body for Life Challenge for Women and am on Day 2. It's got daily cardio and weights and a strict eating regimen. [Four carbs daily, only 2 of them grains!!!] I'll post how it goes. Got my workouts in yesterday and today and eating on track. I think I have the sand to do it--I got pissed :tantrum: this weekend and felt it was time to make this a priority, in a big way.

So, onward!

DIana

carla49
07-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Hi all, sorry for my silence. All is well, just busy and finding it difficult to be productive evenings while being BLASTED every evening by a poorly located Bluesfest stage. Also spending a lot of time calling in noise complaints, chatting with by-law enforcement officers, b****ing to fellow sufferers... The nightmare ends for me after tomorrow night as I'll be away at a beautiful resort - for work, no less! My neighbours will be in **** all weekend.

I didn't pick a tip for the week, but I've continued with the running program, slowly but surely. So far no foot problems, and fingers remain firmly crossed. Toes too.

I had a lovely day - delivered an old tv to a friend's cottage. It's a 2 hour drive each way, but I had a lovely visit, spent a good two hours swimming (first time this year), and even managed to arrive at her place just when an old friend had dropped by. Also lovely: he's about 70, in incredible shape, madly in love, and about to remarry after 35 years playing the field! AND he helped lug the tv indoors, so he was happy AND useful. :lol: I had almost forgotten what a water baby I am. Swimming in a nice clean cold Canadian lake is amazingly delicious and healing. The water is so totally restorative, I'll have to get out more often. We're incredibly lucky here: there are public beaches on beautiful small lakes within a 20-min drive of the city. I just have to remember to get out there.

My apologies for no individual messages...

Bye for now :wave:

dgpebbles
07-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Well I'm doing doing very weel on my goals for this week...I've missed getting in my water for one day..I haven't posted on here since tuesday...I haven't gotten in any exercise...but I have had atleast 2 serving of fruits or veggies everyday...Also I have been staying OP all week...no cheating yet and the scale looks like its moving again..

I've got to go to work now ..I'll try to get on later tonight

ChicCityChick
07-14-2006, 09:43 AM
FRIDAY!!!

On plan here. Cardio 30 min today. Last night's "save" was a bit of roasted chicken hot from the deli [we have al night ones here] and another bottle of water.

Wishing everyone a "Stay-On-Track" weekend!!! :dust:

Diana

Sushi Penguin
07-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Hi Ladies :grouphug:

Sorry I didn't post last weekend like I had promised. This past week was a blur, and I didn't put much effort into keeping track of anything, so there isn't much to report.
Still around 60-60.5 kgs (around 134 lbs), which I'm currently quite happy with given the recent excursions to the "chocolate corner" of the cupboard which have taken place in the last while.

This week I'll continue working on my goal of drinking 3 full 600 ml bottles of water daily.

Good luck to everyone and talk to you soon! :)

ChicCityChick
07-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Day 6 of 84--2 pounds down this Monday Weigh In....

Still on track!

Diana

dgpebbles
07-17-2006, 09:30 PM
well I didn't do very well on all my goals but I was down 2.4lbs today...I'm going to stick to the same goals again this week...maybe I can manage it this time..

TryinAgain5402
07-18-2006, 08:36 AM
This has been the summer from ****! Floods, heat waves and heart attacks (hubby) - I'm just waiting on the locust to arrive anyday now!
Weight stayed the same - I'll take it, no gain. No workouts most of the week, but have gone the last four days for both cardio and weights. Its a good hurt, because I know it's working - shopping that closet for new things to wear!
I'm going for the same goals this week:
#1 Getting out of Bed
#4 Drink 64 oz of water min each day
#9 Food Journaling - tracking my WW points each day - lost track last week, but I'm back!
Congrats Donna & Diana on the loss - you're getting so close!
mscat - hope you made it through the wedding unscathed - how do you not eat big at a wedding!

dgpebbles
07-18-2006, 11:00 PM
so far this week is good..I even made it to the gym tonight..got in all my water plus some...I need to work more on eating more fruits and veggies...I'm getting in some daily but not alot...

hope everyone else's week started off good too..

Diana-congrats on the loss this week

ChicCityChick
07-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Still on track. Day 9 of my 84 Day "Project". I have a week left until my Birthday and want to psych myself to hang in there to see the best loss I can get by then...

:drill: Root Root!

Chic

mscat816
07-20-2006, 03:14 PM
I don't know what happened to my post :tantrum: I think my computer shut down before I could send it - had a great time at the wedding. Ate really well and only had one small piece of cake. My weight actually went down (could be my daughter's scale but I'll take it!) to where it was before the 4th of July gain. :cb:

I determined after spending hours shopping for an outfit - that it is time to get serious about slimming down - I am tired of not having clothes to fit! So I am back on track with exercise - Tuesday, Wednesday down so far. Gotta get started on water right now. And I am going to track points for the rest of the week.

Diana and Donna :cp: :cp: :cp: on your loss last week!

Tryin' - you are so :strong: things will get better - hang in there.

Sushi - good job keeping up with the water :cp:

carla - so happy to hear you now have peace and quiet

mscat

Sushi Penguin
07-21-2006, 08:01 AM
Hey Ladies :)

I'm not good about tracking my water this week either...
It's been so so - I'm out of work again, and it's always harder to get that water in when I'm not working. Fortunately I got a new assignment starting Monday, so I can stop worrying myself to death with money. ;)

I have an exciting weekend planned, so keep your fingers crossed for all that water to go in!

:grouphug:

mscat816
07-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Well I found my missing post - it was on the other computer unsent. So I am committing to posting short and sweet so that I can be more regular. Hope everyone is having a wonderful end of the week. This week has been full of great eating, poor water, great exercise - no tracking - The buck stops here and today!

I have accepted a position to teach bellydancing this fall at the university and I will be fit for that! Got a 20 minute run in on the :tread: this a.m. Getting my first 24 oz of water in as we 'speak' and started out the day with fruit. I am committed to limited carbs and grains (less than 5 servings a day!) and I just came back from a 15 minute walk across campus.

Hi Sushi :wave: you can get that water in! Turn it around - instead of saying not working makes it harder - think, believe and say not working makes it easier to get it in. You are closer to your own toilet right?

mscat

dgpebbles
07-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Had a great day yesterday...I got in all my goals in for the day..and I'm on track for the week if I can manage to exercise both days this weekend...

mscat-congrats on getting the belly dancing job ...sounds like fun..

mscat816
07-23-2006, 04:52 PM
How are we doing??? I am doing fantastic - after toddling between 238 and 241 since the 4th of July weekend - I am finally down to 234 :cb: :dance: :woo: My Labor Day challenge has meaning - my goal is to drop a dress size by then which will be right before my class begins.

Mowed the lawn today - I consider that an exercise however I am still committed to getting some :tread: or stair climbing in today. Got my 24 oz of H2O down and working on 2nd bottle. Eating and tracking are good so far and I am determined to end the day on top and not eating after 7 p.m.

Donna :cp: WTG!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone on weigh-in day. If your weight is up - consider you are practicing insanity in some area of your plan and it's time to STI!

mscat

mscat816
07-24-2006, 03:59 PM
My official weigh-in for Monday is . . . . . 233! :carrot: :woo: :cb: :cp: :jig:

carla49
07-24-2006, 05:27 PM
I'm at 192.5 - must have been all those yummy lobster rolls... But August 1 is blast-off for serious meal-planning, with a semi-serious try-out this week. Enough dithering! No more excuses!! (I have no regrets about the lobster rolls - worth every calorie. Maybe I didn't REALLY need the wine, scones, multiple coffees with a ton of sugar and cream... Now I'm home for the next while and should be able to exercise a little better control.)

This week I'm up to week 7 of my return to running, still no ill-effects, still puffing away like a steam engine. In 4 weeks I'll be at 20 minutes non-stop!

Mscat, :bravo: on the nice weight drop!!! It sounds like you're on the right track and will not just inspire us but now also lead by example!

dgpebbles
07-25-2006, 08:05 AM
mscat-congrats...keep it up

carla-great job on your running wow 7weeks now...keep it up...I don't know what lobster rolls are but it sounds really good..

as for me I'm still the same...I had a good week except I cheated on sunday but was still under my calories so I don't know what happened....maybe it's from my hard weights workout from sunday...I really pushed myself and yesterday and today I'm so sore...

mscat816
07-25-2006, 11:54 PM
I haven't tracked today :no: but I have had a good eat day, good water day, no exercise though - I was so sore from the 36 minute jog the day before. Getting ready to teach a bellydance class to the women and men at the Wisdom course on Saturday :belly:
Donna - :cheer: for staying the same! Always better than gaining.
carla - :bravo: for 7 weeks on the run! That is simply amazing
Have a great night! :wave: mscat

dgpebbles
07-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Morning ladies

I'm off to a great start this week...I've gotten in my 64oz water daily...I've gotten in my fruits and veggies...but I haven't done any exercise this week but i did alot of hard cleaning at work on Monday so that counts for something...I'm going to the gym sometime today....also I was a 2lb drop on the scale today...hope I can hold it till weight in again on monday

mscat i hear you on the being sore...I pushed myself hard on Sunday and I've been sore now for days

Sushi Penguin
07-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Hey Ladies :)

Water going great this week even though my new temp assignment isn't as good for drinking water as I had expected. Overall the only thing I can complain about is that there aren't enough hours in a day! :)

Talk to you soon :)

dgpebbles
07-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Sushi---I hear you...time just flying by..

Well the insanity hit me last night...my friend talked me into going to eat ice cream and I just couldn't say no....I still did good on my calorie intake though....also managed to get in 40 mins on my bike while I watched my soap...

dgpebbles
07-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Where is everyone? hope you're all out exercising...

week is still going good...I made it to the gym yesterday and did 30 mins on elliptical and 45 mins on weighs...I hope I can manage to make 2 more days this week so I hit my goal...I know I'll make it on Sun but I work wierd long hours today and tomorrow..

Sushi-How is the new job going...Are you getting in your water?

mscat-hope your bellydancing class goes great tomorrow...lots of luck to you

dgpebbles
07-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Only have 2 days of exercise in so far this week...So I have to make it today and tomorrow to reach my goal this week..

Hope everyone is doing good and OT

deleted
07-29-2006, 05:54 PM
:grouphug: Hey ladies ... here I am, home from New England, back after 15 nights. We had a wonderful time in Hyannis and on Nantucket (WOW!), and at my son's home north of Boston. We stopped in Maryland, coming and going, for a night at a Holiday Inn with an indoor pool, and to eat at our favorite restaurant in Aberdeen.

We now have our beautiful almost-9 year old granddaughter with us. (We sure forget fast how exhausting keeping up with these little darlings is, don't we? :D ) We will have her here three whole weeks, and have so much planned. I hope Grandma will still be standing when all is said and done ... :dizzy: She's a doll, and we do have fun!

Believe it or not, I haven't gained any weight while vacationing. We did so much walking, and I lost so much sleep, I think it balanced out all the overeating!!! I was about 210# this morning, so at least I didn't come back at five lbs. over or something!!! :p

You all sound as though you're doing very well, and I congratulate you on pounds lost! :) Carla, thanks for the P.M. I appreciate it very much! :hug:

I'm going to try to hold down the eating, even with my DGD here. I would love to at least NOT GAIN any over these next three weeks!!!

To you all, Mscat, Carla, Sushi, Donna, Chic ... :grouphug: I'll try to remember to officially weigh in on Monday! Keep up the good work, ladies!

Sushi Penguin
07-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Hey Ladies :grouphug:

Well, the weekend is almost over here! I didn't do too bad with the water, but didn't reach my goal (1.5 bottles on Saturday and 2 on Sunday).
I think I'll need to revise my goal for the weekends... I'd love to get the 3 bottles in, but that's just not happening, and won't improve for as long as we're going places on the weekends. So maybe I'll keep it at 2 bottles for the weekends, since that's at least achievable.

Talk to you soon! :)

dgpebbles
07-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Bonnie Welcome back

I missed my exercise yesterday...I was just way to tired after I got home at 9:30pm from work...I hate the days I have to work late shifts...anyway I WILL get in my workout today which will only make 3 days again this week...I did do good overall eating this week and I've managed to drink my 64oz of water daily...

Have a great day ladies and good luck with weigh-in tomorrow

TryinAgain5402
07-31-2006, 09:00 AM
Life is slowly getting back to normal (whatever that is!) I've been gone, but not forgotten the goals! Down one pound. Water is good - I'm getting pretty good at sleepwalking to the bathroom at night! Making it to workouts every other day and either walking or swimming on the off days. I'm sticking with the same goals this week - still struggling with recording points. I will get better, I will get better, I.....
Look way back at the start of this thread - the losses are adding up! good luck all and have a great week!

dgpebbles
07-31-2006, 09:08 AM
Morning

Had a great week...I met all my goal except the exercise...I only managed to get in 3 days but I worked out hard on those days....I'm happy to say that I'm down 2.8lbs this week which puts me at 157.6....I'm going to keep my goals tha same again....I have my water in take down 100% but I'm still struggling with the others...so this week I'm going to focus on eatting my fruits and veggies daily ...exercise at least 4 days a week and post on here daily...Hopefully I'll master them all this week

carla49
07-31-2006, 01:18 PM
This morning weighed in at 191.7, which is bound to go up once last week's bad eating catches up with me. Oh well. A very strange thing: about an hour after weighing in (after about 5 oz of water and an extremely productive visit to the bathroom) I actually weighed in at 191.8. I only re-weighed to see if the BM would get me under 190, and can't figure out why the number went UP. :dunno: Unless those excess calories have already started to do their evil work... :?:

Bonnie, glad to hear all is well. Enjoy that little munchkin's visit. If you spend the time chasing after her, you may well shrink to a shadow of your self.

This week's goals: to make a meal plan and try to stick to it. Partly for weight loss, but also to try and track/control my spending a little. I really do want to see how much I'll need to live on in retirement, and I have a bad habit of frittering money away. So two birds with one stone - a skinnier me and an earlier retirement. I have a bad feeling Costco will have to go, :cry: not that I really need to EVER buy two pounds of blueberries just for me... It's just too easy to buy up a storm there. At least I have a couple of nice fall/winter jackets that were on special recently!

My running program is on hold :mad: - last Monday I was shopping in loose sandals without my orthotics, and my left foot started to ache a little and then I felt a ping, and then I could barely walk on it. So I've been wearing my lovely black semi-orthopedic closed shoes ever since. Such a lovely sight with the shorts and lumpy white calves! But there's been improvement, and maybe later this summer running can resume. I was feeling rather empowered, and do miss it. And yes, I could do something else, like bike, but my motivation is a very fragile beast, and it has gone back into hiding for the time being. ;)

dgpebbles, congrats on that consistent weight loss! We should all be following your system.

Sushi, trying, Mscat - take care and keep up the good work! :wave:

mscat816
07-31-2006, 10:57 PM
I have been MIA and I apologize. The class my dh and I are taking is demanding and I have not been managing my time. I missed you girls! :grouphug:
My weight is the same AND that is a victory. I lost about .5 lb after a one and half hour :belly: session with the Wisdom course participants on Saturday. However, I blew it on my water and was too sore to face exercising again for the last couple of days. I am totally inspired by all your posts and teaching professionally in the fall. After my workshop, I had several requests to join my class at the university, to provide private lessons, provide girls night out parties, etc. I am seriously looking at what's possible re: making this a full time career!

carla :hug: great goals and you will bounce back in no time.
donna :cheer: :cheer: on the 2lbs down and great job on the water goal.
Tryin' :cheer: :cheer: good job on the weight loss and on meeting your goals.

Sushi - :D Sounds like a plan - remember - less on the weekends is better than trying nothing. I am sure it will work out for you.

Bonnie :wave: welcome back - glad you had a great time and kudos for not gaining.

Have a great week - We are IN ACTION!

mscat

TryinAgain5402
08-01-2006, 08:16 AM
mscat - what is the Wisdom course? is that the belly-dancing class you spoke about?

deleted
08-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Hey ladies ... :)

My weight status: THE SAME!!! The same 211# as before I left on vacation. That's a victory for me! :D

:balloons: to Donna for all this weight-loss!!! You are our role model, girl! I am so proud of you .... keep up the good work! :hug:

Carla, you will be under 190 before you know it. Just keep on keeping on; we WILL be thinner before Christmas! :D

Have a great week, ladies! I am getting ready to go bowling with my granddaughter today, not swimming, as the temps will reach about 100 here today! :o Such freakish weather ... what IS going on!!! :(

Have a good one, girls!

dgpebbles
08-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Morning Ladies

I want to say thanks to all of you for the support and motivation that you have given me....I could not do this without all of you...I hope I am doing the same for all of you..also the closer I'm getting to my goal the more motivated I am to reach it.

Carla--I hear you on the loss of motivation...I also can't find the motivation to exercise either...the days that I do I have to force myself to do it....hope you feel better soon and get back to your running..

mscat-staying the same is alot better than going up...you can do it....teaching those belly dancing class will make it all fall off...I don't think I could even move my hips slow much less shake it all around...lol....wow and private lessons and girls night out sounds like alot of fun too

Bonnie-great job staying the same...thats a great victory all on its own...I went on vacation for 7 days in June and gained 10lbs..I was so shocked but I did eat really bad all that week..Hope your having a wonderful time with your granddaughter..

tryin-congrats on the loss also...sounds like you have a good workout routine..keep it up and watch what you eat and it will fall off..

deleted
08-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey girlies ...

Hope everyone has stayed cool in this heat! I dropped a pound today (somehow!!!) so back to 210#. I'm going to try NOT to go above that again ... Will go to the pool late this afternoon. I did swim last Friday and then again on Sunday so at least a little exercise going on here. Tomorrow I'll try to get up at six a.m. and walk, but don't know if I will make it in these temps!

Donna, how many calories are you eating to lose at the clip you are??? Surely not much more than 1200 to 1300 per day? I am so proud of you, and plan to be right there with you by Labor Day!!! :-)

My DGD and I are going out to lunch at either Subway or Quizno's, then to one of the places where you paint bisque ware, then they glaze it. My DGD could LIVE in those places, and has too much already, BUT .......... :-) It's a great thing to do on a steamy afternoon. Then we'll go swim about four, after the worst heat of the day.

Have a good day, all! I'm pulling for you !!!

mscat816
08-03-2006, 07:20 AM
I am on the run again :running: and I don't just mean with exercise! I have been out 2 nights in a row after midnight, starting out at 6 each morning. DH and I are at the last sprint in our program and after this weekend I should be able to breath a bit.

I got in a stair climber workout yesterday :cb: and today I am getting ready to do another. I did great on water yesterday and will take on making this a day 2 of water success. Now if I can just get those points tracked . . .

Tryin' - the Wisdom course is a part of an education we have been involved with that has transformed our lives and the lives of many other people we know. Go to www.landmarkeducation.com and please p.m. me for more details.

Bonnie, carla, tryin', donna keep pushing and have a great week - We leave for my last weekend in Chicago with our course so I will be out of touch until we return. If anyone is in the Chicago area and would like to meet up with me and attend an introduction to our program, please p.m. me today!

mscat

dgpebbles
08-04-2006, 09:05 AM
hello ladies

I'v had a very busy week trying to get ready for corporate visits today...I haven't been able to workout all week...I'll be glad when today is over....

Bonnie-I usually eat around 1200 calories when I'm working out but on the days that I can't I try to keep it around 1000..great job on that 1lb.

deleted
08-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Wow, Donna! No wonder you're losing as fast as you are. You have far more willpower than I do ... I don't know how tall you are, but I am 5' 9", and if I only ate 1000 calories, I'm sure I would simply starve to death! :D I can never eat less than 1400 .... Seriously, be sure you get all your nutrients, as it's easy not to when you cut down that low. Of course, you know what works best for you, and I'm pulling for you! :hug:

Well, I've lost another pound, down to 209# as of this morning. I went swimming for almost three hours yesterday. Not heavy exercise in this 'gawd-awful heat' but moving, nonetheless! Today we've done the library which the little one loves and comes home laden with books, then Subway for lunch, then Border's for magazines. My DGD is such a sweetie, so much fun. I'm just eating moderately when we go out .... 6" sandwich at Subway, for example, and half a snack bag of chips, diet drink. At dinner, I cut loose a little more, but I'm so busy with Miss J, that I don't have time to eat between meals!!!

Miss Carla, are you there somewhere? :flow2: Don't ever worry about me becoming a "shadow" .... not likely in this world, I'll tell you! :devil: Hope you weight has stayed down for you this week!

Mscat, Sushi, Tryin' .... good thoughts to you, as well. Everyone, have a great weekend! :grouphug:

TryinAgain5402
08-07-2006, 01:24 PM
What's more important - working out to stay in shape and dealing with the "muscle ways more than fat, it's a transition" justifications or skip the work outs, concentrate on points and water and watch the scale go down? I'm so tired of working out, which causes increased appetite, stressing out on whats best to eat because I'm really hungry and not losing much weight. Loose clothes isnt enough! I want to see it on the scale!

mscat816
08-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Hey Ladies - I am back in town and in cyber touch again! The weekend was great and a huge success for me for completing the requirements for my class. I was candidated to lead introductions for our program along with 8 other people in front of 175 people in the region. For those of you who are not familiar with Landmark Education - it is like being among 15 people in the region to "graduate" early. I didn't get any exercise in, barely got much water in but I didn't overeat and my weight stayed about the same.

However, I am back on track - I have had a great eating day, 2 exercise sessions (15 min. stairclimber and a 20 min. walk) and I have had about 24 oz of water so far.

Yeah Bonnie! :cheer:

Tryin' - :?: I know exactly what you mean - have you tried taking your measurements? Seeing the inches go down might make up for the scale.

Hi Sushi, carla, :wave: Have a great evening!

mscat

dgpebbles
08-09-2006, 04:15 PM
hello ladies

glad to see you back mscat and sounds like you had a good time...great job on staying on track with your eating.

tryin--I so know what you mean...even though your clothes fit beter we're never happy unless we see the scale move....but just rememer that size matters too nit just the scale...I agree with mscat to take your measurements...seeing how many inches you are losing will really motivate you..it did me

bonnie-great job on the loss.. your granddaughter must really be keeping you busy....

mscat816
08-10-2006, 10:38 AM
3 days down with exercise! :carrot: I got in a 25 min. :tread: workout and a 20 minute walk across campus yesterday and today I have a 20 min. tread workout completed. I am taking on a 21 day challenge which will take me up to the week before labor day.

Started on my water 2 glasses down so far. I also tracked my points this week - although I missed Monday and can't remember what the **** I ate besides the pizza that night! It will come to me - I stayed at home vegging in the bed - so I didn't eat too much.

Have a great day - and remember do something toward your goals every day!

mscat :wave:

TryinAgain5402
08-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Happy Friday all!
Got my water in 5 out of 7 days, did cardio only 2 days, cardio & weights 3 days. I increased the weights on everything and can still walk - so must be doing something right!
Big struggle is still journaling everything I eat, once i leave work - that's it! Nothing written til the next day.
Still waiting for the scale to move - don't want to ever hear again "muscle weighs more than fat"!!!!
mscat, donna, bonnie, sushi, carla and all the others - keep your sights on Labor Day - it's almost here and we're all moving down!

dgpebbles
08-11-2006, 10:01 AM
tryin your doing a great job...keep it up and you will be seeing that scale move..just hang in there...

mscat-way to go on the exercise...keep it go...hope that you two will get me motivated again..

as for me I haven't exercised any since sunday...I really need to get back on track...I've just been so busy that I'm exhausted by the end of the day...I know thats not an excuse but I can't help it..I'm just too tired..I have been on track with my eating and my water..

mscat816
08-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Great Job Tryin' :cheer:

Donna - :?: what is stopping you? Time, convenience, commitment? What ever it is - remember you are bigger than your circumstances! Get up and do something - even if it is a 10 minute walk around the block. You can do it and we are here with you.

Okay ladies - It's time to get off our butts (me included) and rally around each other - the point of this thread is twofold - Stop the insanity of doing nothing everyday and supporting each other on our goals.

Let's look at #1 - ANYTHING you do - repeat ANYTHING you do toward your goal is worth doing and reporting here! If you can't get to the gym and see your trainer - do 10 pushups and 10 situps and 10 deep knee bends - Of course it is not equal to the 45 min trainer workout - SO WHAT? It's better than sitting at home and blaming the bad weather for you not getting some exercise in that day! :no: If you overeat - drink some extra water, stop eating after 7 or add another 10 minutes of exercise. Part of the STOP the INSANITY is doing something after screwing up rather than sitting down and saying "Oh I have blown it for the day."

#2 - Support each other - Now I am not casting stones - I am probably the most inconsistent host of any of the threads. I take full responsibility for allowing circumstances to intefere with my regular posting. I promise you can count on me to post something even if it is a line or two everyday unless I am out of cyber range.

There have been times that I have been away and you have taken care of each other - I totally acknowledge you and appreciate that. Let's count on each other - knowing that no matter what - any one of us can post and our successes will be cheered and when we need a push to get something done that day - several someones will be there to get us over the hump :grouphug:

Finally, I request that you be a full partner of the STOP the Insanity Community - Pop in when you need someone if you can - don't be compelled to write a dissertation (forgive this one) and say hi to everyone. A simple "It's raining and I couldn't jog - HELP!" or "I overate with my girlfriends at lunch and I have to go to another dinner - HELP!" will help you see what is going on with you and allow others to contribute to you. A simiple reply like "Eat half of your portions at that dinner - you can do it!" could make the difference for someone. And a simple report "I did my 30 workout at 6 this a.m." may inspire someone.

Gotta get on the stairclimber before my 11 a.m. wedding - Go my lovelies and have a great day STOPPING THE INSANITY and TAKING ACTION! :wave:

mscat

mscat816
08-13-2006, 08:44 AM
This is a quickie - did my 15 min of :tread: yesterday morning :cheer: Got in plenty of water - close to 8 glasses (lost count). I exercised 5 of 6 days I was shooting for :carrot:

Going for the gold today and 3 weeks consistently (21 days to Labor Day!) Looking for a great weigh-in tomorrow. Going to push the water - starting now - taking a jug to church.

Love you, Keep pushin' everyone!

mscat

dgpebbles
08-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Hello ladies....I came on here earlier and wrote a long entry and when I went to post it my power went out...so now I will try again but now the short version.

mscat-great job on getting in your exercise this week and WOW 3 weeks now thats great.... after reading your post you inspired me to go do something so I went and did 35 min on bike and a few hand weights and crunchs while my power was out...I don't know why I haven't been motivated to workout except I've been working alot of hours lately and I'm tired by the time I come home but no more excuses..

I so agree with mscat that we need to get more focused on why we are here....we are here to support, motivate and inspire each other on our weight loss journey....We have been together now for a while and have learned alot from each other...I know we can all do this we just need to get focused again and come on here daily and post something....So starting monday lets get our butts in gear and lets do this together and STOP THE INSANITY...

Love you all too.

dgpebbles
08-14-2006, 08:07 AM
morning ladies

well I'm down .8lbs which is amazing with no exercise all week but yesterday...no time to do any this morning before work but I going to do my best to do something tonight....

good luck and have a great day and get moving

mscat816
08-14-2006, 05:27 PM
I got a 20min workout in the am.
Go Donna:cheer:I know you will try your best to get your workout in!!
Will post more later!!
mscat

TryinAgain5402
08-15-2006, 09:16 AM
My dear husband took me on a much needed romantic get-away this weekend. Lots of pool time for cardio, long walks along the water - so exercise wasn't too bad. Food & drink was terrible! I tried to make good choices on the food (didnt do too bad), but the beer, wine & tropical drinks did me in! Went straight to the gym when we got back to town for cardio & weights. My goal is to do an hour at the gym every day and walk at lunch time to make up for it!
I have to admit - it was so worth it! My dear, dear hubby & it wasn't even a birthday or anniversary - a "just because you need it" treat.

dgpebbles
08-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Tryin--ooohhh thats so sweet and it sonds like you really had a great time which did make it worth it...the important thing is that your motivated and to get back on track.;) ...one hour a day at the gym sounds great..

as for me...I got all motivated again on sunday after mscats post and mine and now I hurt my neck somehow ...I can't turn my head or look up and it hurts to look down so now I'm afraid to doing anything cause I don't want to make it worse....So now I'm doomed for a few days..

Mscat- great job getting in your workout:cheer: first thing in the morning too

deleted
08-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Donna, did you do any kind of weight-lifting on Sunday that could have affected your neck? As you know, I hurt mine last Summer with the Overhead Press or the Chest Press, or both, trying to lift a little too much weight. Please be careful .... I am still paying for my mistake! :( Most of the time, you're fine in a few days .... not so for me! BTW, congrats on your .8 lb. loss! You are doing grand! :flow2: I hope you feel better before you know it. YOU ARE THE (WO)MAN HERE LATELY!!! You've said you were going to do it, and you've done it, and the proof is on your scale!!! I intend to be right there with you after Labor Day!

Mscat, I am not "officially back" to posting yet, and I won't be until after Labor Day. I'm in "drop-in mode" as long as I have my granddaughter here (until this weekend), and until Labor Day. Sorry that I cannot be here more often to chat with others.

Glad you had a great getaway, Tryin'. I have really enjoyed my time in New Bern, and then in Hyannis and Nantucket Island this summer. And, yes, it's worth every calorie you consume! :D

Well, ladies, I am pulling for you, as always. :grouphug: I'm afraid I have gained, eating with my DGD. Not a ton, but I'd guess I'm up to 212 or so!!! Oh, well, plenty of time to diet after the Summer is over .... :)

Have a good one, girls! :)

mscat816
08-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Somehow my post from last night did not go :tantrum: I reported that I did not workout on Tuesday a.m. but by midnight, I could not stand letting it go so I dragged myself out of bed and got in a 10 minute treadmill run. It was better than skipping and I am very proud of myself for that.

Did a 15 minute workout this a.m. and was pleased to see my scale was holding at 233! :carrot: Got a new WATP dvd for my birthday so I am going to workout to that in the a.m. I am excited!

Bonnie :wave: I know that it is tough for you right now and we are happy to have you pop in whenever you can. Looking forward to when you can return

Donna- take it easy - take care of yourself first and do a little lower body that doesn't involve your neck - maybe just a little walking or add some extra water or veggies and fruits to make up for the lack of movement. Hang in there :hug:

Tryin' - enjoy and don't feel guilty. That's why their called "special occasions"!

mscat

dgpebbles
08-17-2006, 12:56 AM
mscat wow great job yesterday...and to get out of bed to exercise...you go girl...let us know if you like your new WATP dvd...

tryin-your husband sounds like a real sweetheart...Does he have any single friends..lol

Bonnie-glad you could stop in to say hello...we will all be here for you when you get back..

as for me, my neck is still sore so I still haven't exercised...I went out tonight with my friends and had a few beers..i know I should of not but I had a great time...I'm going to try to make it to the gym tomorrow.

mscat816
08-19-2006, 02:30 PM
I am sore - been consistent everyday this week with my workouts :carrot: Last night I did a 30 minute :belly: workout with my classmates at a party and my legs are aching! I need to give my muscles a rest AND (no butts!) keep up with my daily workouts - so I am going to work the upper body today. Got in my water - ignored two cakes - left over birthday cake at my house in the a.m. and going away cake in the evening at the party :woo:

Take it easy at the gym Donna AND get something wonderful for your body! You are a STI machine :D

Hope everyone is making something happening with their goals,

mscat

dgpebbles
08-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I made it back to the gym today and did 30 mins of elliptical and about 45 mins of weights...It felt so good to be back in there again...I'v had a ggod week of eating and have drank my water daily just no exercise till today...

mscat- great job on getting your workout in everyday...now your are my insperation lately..keep it up

Good luck at weigh-in tomorrow

mscat816
08-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Donna :woo: :cb: :strong: :carrot: You go girl!!!! You are MY inspiration - let's just keep on keepin' on!

I jumped on the stair climber at midnight again, while watching GI Jane - Everytime I see Demi working up to those one armed pushups - I get inspired. Did some pushups myself after my workout.

Haven't worked out today - been on the run again - so I am looking forward (get that - looking forward!) to getting something in before bed. I bought an old Denise Austin thigh workout for my DD - may do that before turning in - this will be day 7 of my 21 day challenge. See everyone for weigh in tomorrow.

Good luck :wave:

mscat

mscat816
08-21-2006, 04:33 AM
I fell asleep last night and didn't get my workout in so I will start my 21 day challenge today. I am soooo proud of myself for accomplishing the following Top 10 goals . . .
#4 of the top 10 - Drink H2O :woo:
AND #5 Eat breakfast :cheer:
AND #6 Eat some veggies and fruit everyday :dance:

This week I am going for the same - and adding #3 of the top 10 - Move - 30 min daily exercise 4 - 6 days/week. I actually did 6 days of movement :carrot: so I am pumping up my time from an average of 15 min. to 20 min. Wish me :goodluck:

How are we doing ladies on our Labor Day Challenge???? It is almost here. I know that Donna is not the only other STI buddy working her buns off to stay in the game! I am loggin in a total of 7lbs to date for this challenge - So let's all get off our BB, STOP THE INSANITY and get it on!

mscat

dgpebbles
08-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Morning ladies

Mscat great job on your exercise...sorry you have to start your 21 day challenge over...you can do it..

I went jogging yesterday for the first time in about a year and I managed to jog for 15 mins straight witout stopping....thats a big improvement from before...i didn't get in any weights though cause my muscles were sore from my workout on sunday...

this week my goal is to:
eat more fruits and veggies
exercise 5 days this week(cardio)
weights training for 3 days

Where are you all hiding...I hope you are all doing ok and are staying on track.

mscat816
08-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Hi Donna :wave: It seems as though it is just you and me hanging in this week! Great job on the jogging :bravo:

Well I managed to get in a mile walk at work yesterday :cp: It was a miracle because I had vein work the other day and my legs have been so sore.

I haven't done anything today - Looking for inspiration to get on the treadmill or the stair climber before I turn in. I am bummed because I dropped and broke my phone today :tantrum: This is the 2nd time I have called for a replacement in 2 mos. so they are cancelling my insurance for the year and I will have to wait another whole year before I can get the insurance again. When I got home I realized I could have just glued the pieces back together rather than using the insurance. Oh well. I will have to be extra careful with the phone now.

Anyway - I am determined not to let that keep me down nor use that for an excuse to say I don't feel like exercising. I am getting excited about teaching the :belly: class! Have a good night.

Where is everyone??? As far as I know - Bonnie was the only one who said she would be away for a while :?:

mscat

TryinAgain5402
08-24-2006, 08:34 AM
I'm still struggling with the journaling part. The trainer told me exercise is only 30% of weight loss, nutirion is the other 70! I was hoping for a more 50-50 ratio myself.
I was stupid the other day and decided to do one more round on the abs; guess I was too tired and pulled something. It's really hard to do my workout and was told to rest it for at least 2 days, so it's cardio only for me!
I dug out an old WW journal and have it on my desk - I will follow the plan this week and beyond!
I hope everyone else is still moving along. Summer vacation time is soooo hard! But we can do it! We must do it if Santa's going to bring all new clothes to replace the parachutes we're wearing now!

dgpebbles
08-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Morning
Quick post here; running late for work...I haven't done anything since monday..had a long day tuesday and had to work from 4pm till 4 am and then only got 3 hours of sleep so yesterday I was really tired all day and went to bed early...I WILL do something tonight after work...also had two bad days of eating..boy when your tired you just really don't care as long as you have food...

Mscat great job staying moving everyday...at least your doing something.....when do you start teaching ...it should be soon

tryin I believe the 30-70 part cause I've been slacking alot in the exercise dept and I'm still losing from eating good

Have a great day

mscat816
08-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Tryin' -:hug: It's so good to see you again. Donna and I were starting to get lonely. I'm with Donna - your trainer is right - I exercise a lot but it doesn't make a lot of difference if I'm not eating right. You go with that journaling :cheer: I am going to pledge to journal with you if you will be my buddy. Let's check in here at least once a day to remind, encourage and bug each other journal!

Donna - hang in there :strong: I know you will get something in this evening - I slacked yesterday but got up this a.m. and did a 20 minute :belly: workout! It was great - so much more fun that treadmill or the stairclimber. I am going to do some bellydancing everyday to prepare for my class.

Have a great evening ladies! mscat

TryinAgain5402
08-25-2006, 08:14 AM
I completed my journal for yesterday and was under points. Really good since I can't work-out for awhile. Unbelievable how much pain rolling on those balls for ab strengthing can cause if you do it wrong!

I'm sitting here today again with the journal & my water. Good food choices first, work-outs to tone up the areas turning flabby (once the pain subsides)!

I'm still.....tryin!

dgpebbles
08-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Mscat great job ...20 mins of anything is better than nothing...glad you found something that you enjoy...it will help you stick to it more..

tryin-great job staying under your points and journaling...keep it up

as for me I had a good day yesterday...I ate good, got in my water and jogged 7 laps around the track at our neighborhood pond...not sure how far that is but I know I did more than monday...I also have been lacking in the journal dept....I've been good at doing it everyday for 9 months and now I haven't done it at all for 3 days...I'm going to try to remember what I ate and try to catch up my fitday...I really need to get back to the gym for my weight...today I am going to do some hand weights before work...I work the weird 12-9 shift today and tomorrow..I hate that shift

Anyway you ladies have a great day ...journal that food and move that butt..drink that water..

mscat816
08-27-2006, 12:43 AM
Whew! :dizzy: I been humping all day trying to get ready for an event at my house on Sunday. I dug dirt and weeds out of a garden plot in front of the house and moved the excess dirt to the area of the new construction. We walked the neighborhood, introduced ourselves to the neighbors and invited them to our event. Painted blinds, finally attached the mirror to the dresser, washed 2 loads of clothes, picked up mulch, topsoil and mums to plant. I am soooo sore! I think the work I did is about 2 activity points on WW.

I have about 48 oz of water in so far - Trying to see if I can get in another 24 before bed.

Donna and Tryin' - keep up the good work and keep journaling! :hug:

mscat

TryinAgain5402
08-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Journaling over the weekend was a bust - again! But I did my best to keep making good choices for food. Going to try and do a light workout tonight & see how the pulled muscle holds up. I really need to go -so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have a great Monday & yes, I'm journaling!

dgpebbles
08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Quick post here...I've been super busy again with work...I've been eating bad all week and no exercise but at least my weight is staying about the same...I'll be glad when this week is over

mscat816
09-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi Ladies - I have been on a rollercoaster this week - practicing lots of insanity about my scheduling, commitments, exercising, water, eating :tantrum: posting. This is my first evening off in 6 days so I will do some serious soul searching and post later this evening about my intentions. Tryin' and Donna, glad to see you still hanging in there. Talk to you later :wave:

mscat

dgpebbles
09-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Hello ladies...sorry I haven't been on much this week but I also have been working everyday..It's been an insane week....I haven't been eating great or exercising...but starting today I am getting back on track...no more excuses....this a new month and I'm going to make it through it on track!!!

mscat-sorry to hear your also having a bad week...hopefully next week will be better.

tryin-How is your pulled muscle doing...are you keeping up with your journaling...I'm not...it's been like 2 weeks now that I haven't wrote anything down...I don't know what happened to me...

deleted
09-03-2006, 02:42 PM
:grouphug: Hi ladies ... Hope you are all having a good Labor Day weekend, and that the end of Summer will re-charge all our batteries to make some progress on our diets before Christmas.

I'm not doing well at all with the food so have to report that my weight is about 214! :( Have been on a major comfort food binge since DGD went home two weeks ago.

I won't be starting to diet with you after tomorrow, as I planned, as I am leaving on a three week vacation to Florida, the first few days in Lady Lake/Ocala region, the last two weeks on the Gulf Shore beaches, from Tarpon Springs down to Sanibel Island. We are not reserving ahead, due to the Red Tide bothering the area this summer so we are just going to wing it, and stay where the Red Tide isn't! It can come into an area overnight, so we'll only book a night or two in an area at a time. Last year, we were in Indian Shores for a week, could not stick a toe in the water there the whole time but we had already paid in full, so we were stuck. We did drive to other beaches and had a great time, but you don't want to do that when you've paid to stay on the beach!

I am going to walk every morning that I can, and share meals with my DH, not keep fattening snacks, etc. in our rooms, and certainly try not to do any more damage. Once I arrive home Sept. 23 or so, that will be ALL the travel for quite awhile, maybe until next Spring, so I should be able to settle in and be a better dieting buddy!

Donna, I hope your neck is 100% again, and I know you will get right back on track. You've done sensationally, and I'm sure you'll make it to your pot of gold (desired weight)! :)

Mscat, I know what you mean about behaving insanely lately. I have been so bad that I've actually had heartburn and acid reflux, etc. and I have not done that for years!!! So you see why my weight is UP! :o Good luck to you, and to you, also, Tryin'! I hope the Fall is better for us all ... and I sure hope our Carla comes back!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good weekend, all! :grouphug:

For us all: :cheer:

dgpebbles
09-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Morning ladies

well I made it to the gym yesterday for weights and cardio....going to try to make it again today..I didn't weigh-in last week cause of my eatting bad so for todays weigh-in I;m down only1.2lbs which is good for the 2 weeks being I ate bad for most of it...I also lowered my overall goal ten more pounds...i don'y think that I will be where I want to be with just another 13lbs so I well just have to see..

mscat & tryin -I hope you are doing good and start this week off good

Bonnie -it was nice to hear for you again...we will be glad when you are back with us....

I don't know what happened to carla or sushi

have a great day and stop the insanity

mscat816
09-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Happy Labor Day!

I worked in the yard for about 4 hours today so I made up for not being on the treadmill! I pulled a muscle in my back to first thing lifting a heavy barrel of dirt. Couldn't move at first but after some pain reliever and rest I was back out sweatin' the pounds away. I shovelled out a garden plot in front of the house and along the side of the garage, moved the dirt to a low point of the house (ouch), moved concrete dividers from the back yard, chopped tree roots, and spread mulch. The activity helped my back feel better but I knew I could not do any heavy lifting.

Going to eat ribs and evaluate the next steps for my new weight loss goals - Shall we do a Thanksgiving day goal next?

Glad to see you back Bonnie and how awesome you are traveling again. :wave:

Tryin' - I hope you feel better :hug:

Donna - congrats on the weight loss :cheer: you are 1.2 pounds lighter this week than I am.

mscat

mscat816
09-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Don't post here! Go to Stop the Insanity #13 With the Top Ten - Thanksgiving Challenge!

mscat