General Diet Plans and Questions - Dr. Andrew Weil?

View Full Version : Dr. Andrew Weil?

Idrial
07-10-2006, 12:56 AM
I was reading on WebMD about Dr. Weil's healthy eating program (I hate the word "diet") and was wondering if anyone here has followed it. I did a search but most the posts were about 4 years old! It sounds very healthy and not as restrictive as a lot of the plans I've tried. Just wondering if anyone has tread this path before me and how it went.

Sheridan
07-11-2006, 11:50 PM
I adore Dr. Weil because he eats healthy but stays chubby. I wish I knew more about it also.Good luck.
Sheridan

cantforgetthis
07-12-2006, 01:14 AM
It was years ago that I read his books, but I also found it very inspiring. I think that his ideas are the basis for a lot of "healthy eating" plans that basically believe you can change the body's chemistry by changing your eating habits. It took me a lot of years for it to sink in and be ready to make those changes.

I am currently doing something similar and have to say that it works for me. One of the things that depresses, or maybe a better word is saddens me, is when I see how many people struggle with cravings, going off and on a plan that may not be right for them. They all ask "where's my willpower?" I don't believe it's about willpower. I find that if I eat what my body needs in the proper balance there are no cravings. We only find that by experimenting. ;)

You've reminded me, I think I need to find those books again! :D

Idrial
07-12-2006, 01:21 AM
thank you for responding! I was beginning to think no one was interested in his books. I'm feeling surprisingly good for being "on a diet". I don't feel so much like I'm dieting and more importantly, I feel like I'm eating healthy foods and not depriving myself of much needed nutrients.
I'll be interested in a few days if I start losing some weight!