General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/155/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Lemon water , can you have too much?

Hey ladies. I have aquired a taste for lemon water and I drink it for almost all of my 8 glasses a day.. MY question is, is it better to drink it cold or hot to maximise water weight loss? I usually use 1to 1 /2 lemosn a day.

thanks
Jamie
Jamie1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:01 PM   #2  

Im not sure if it matters if it is cold or hot, but I have heard adding lemon to your water is a great diuretic. When I joined Herbal Magic, they told me to add lemon to my water and said you cant have too much of it. Hope this helps.
almost there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #3  

Talking

ya that does help, thanks May try try it warm anyway jsut to see.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I honestly don't see where lemon water makes you lose weight-as in, losing more weight each week than drinking water alone.
It tastes better to some, and if it helps you get your water intake in each day, then that is wonderful-but there isn't anything in the lemon that is going to make you have more fat loss than you would normally.

As far as having too much-the only concern would be the acid content. If you experience heartburn or upset stomach from the excess acid-that would be really one of the only reasons to slow down on the lemon a little bit-other than that, you should be fine with it.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #5  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

I was also surprised to see that 1 lemon equals 1 fruit....if you are POP, I guess you need to count that as one of your fruits. I'll take an apple anyday.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #6  

Red face

I was told by my COD that the lemons in my lemon water didnt count towards my 3 fruits a day. Guess it depends on your center.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:37 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

I've heard that, while lemon juice is very good for your liver, it can really be hard on your tooth enamel. If you're drinking a lot of lemon water, you might want to brush more frequently.
CafeAmericain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Yes-it is very hard on the tooth enamel, simply because of its very high acid content. It would be different if you just consumed the lemon and it was overwith-like eating a grapefruit-but sipping on lemon water ALL day long is basically keeping a constant light coating of acid on your tooth enamel all day.

My dh used to have a big Mountain Dew habit, as did his sister-and it caused us thousands of dollars in dental bills for crowns, root canals, and so forth-my dh pretty much has a "permanent" set of fasle teeth because of all the extensive crown/root canal work on them all. His dentist said that It is much better to drink a soda or other acidic or sugary drink at once and be done with it-then to "sip" on it all day, because your teeth are never fully rid of the sugar or acid. It is the same concept as to why dentists don't like you to send your baby/toddler to bed with a bottle-because they will "soothe" themselves with it and let it pool on their tooth enamel, rather than using it for nourishment.

I would not personally count a lemon as a fruit serving...as long as you do not go over a full lemon a day. The reason being, is because of the extra low calorie content. It isn't like eating a fruit that has 80 calories a serving.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #9  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I never count my lemon as a fruit either. Not enough cals in it to do so. I just use lemon water to get rid of water weight, and it is like magic to me.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
I never count my lemon as a fruit either. Not enough cals in it to do so. I just use lemon water to get rid of water weight, and it is like magic to me.
Yes and you got ME started doing it quite a while back... now I do it every morning with the hot water and wow does it ever make my system feel and work better!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #11  
Katie

Hey Mistie, looks like you are doing well.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yah I am hanging in there, Katie! Hey you are doing great too! Congratulations on the 62 pounds gone yay!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #13  
Katie

Thank you very much!