Support Groups - C.W.K.A Inc. ~ Labor Day Challenge!!

JasonsLea
07-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Welcome all! Okay I've come to accept that I have a problem....I am TOTALLY addicted to 3FC challenges! Seriously, I don't do challenges anywhere else like I do here! I've even made it official and put it in my sig! LOL So I'm starting yet another one, one for Labor Day which is September 4th. That means we have a good long time for our challenge! :carrot: I hope you'll all join. :hug:

Edited to say: BTW, C.W.K.A stands for Chicks Who Kick ***. Describes us to the T in my opinion. :)

Shari ~ 244
Ellen ~ 231
Jannelle ~ 202.8
Donna ~ 155.8
Jenn ~ 180
Lorra ~ 239
Hpnotg ~ 300
Chicky ~ 184.5
Gina ~ 203.5
Bobbie ~ 180
Wendy ~ 136
Monica ~ 168
Chicky ~ 187.5
Junebug ~ 204

JasonsLea
07-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Okay so after fluctuantely (sp?) between 248 and 245 for the past two weeks, my weight has came to a rest at 244.8...the exact same weight I was at about three weeks ago. Freakin weird. I have NO idea what's up with me. I can't seem to get below 244. I've heard of people having plateus after losing 30, 40, 50 lbs but the first 10?! OMG it would have to be me. I haven't even really started my WL and already I'm at a standstill. *sigh*

But on the bright side, the internet on my computer is back up. :D YAY! And I've officially finished my first two weeks at my new job. It's pretty cool there. I nearly blew a gasket when I discovered that my department has a rotating shift so every three months I'll have different days off. Right now I have Monday's and Tuesday's off. I was pissed because I thought it was a Monday-Friday shift. But I took a breath and thought about it. This could help me in the long run. How? See I love my friends and I love hanging out with them but when I'm with them, I don't watch what I eat or drink. With me working weekends now, I can't hang out with them which means I can stick to my diet! Believe me, I'm gonna miss hanging with my friends but **** I used to spend all my weekends at home when I was in high school and didn't really have any friends so I'll be okay. I'm going to be hanging out with most of them in three weeks for one last weekend bash for my birthday. We're spending the weekend in Atlanta, going to Six Flags and the Underground. I can't wait! :carrot:

upswife
07-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Sharri~I am joining you here! I am going to start at 233 and aim for 225. I have been going so slowly so I am going to be conservative and aim for 8 pounds. Can't wait to get started!!

JasonsLea
07-10-2006, 03:16 PM
YAY Ellen! Thanks for joining!

bejeweled*curves
07-10-2006, 08:52 PM
OK, the hippy(and I do mean HIPPY) chic is in the house! :dizzy: Shari, I added your thread to my subscriptions. :D

So I guess the challenge ends on Labor Day? If that's the case, I'm gonna set my goal for 195, I should be able to handle 10 lil ole pounds in the next 8 weeks....I think. :crossed: anyhoo, Good Luck to all you beautiful goddesses ;)

love love love
Jannelle

ps I'm a little hyper, just had a great workout at the gym:hyper: :D

JasonsLea
07-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Jannelle ~ Thanks for joining!

dgpebbles
07-11-2006, 11:36 AM
You know me Shari..I'm in too...I would like to be at 150 by labor day...thats 12lbs for me....I'm with you about the weight loss being stuck..I've been at 162 for over a month....I'm hoping to change up my routine and get it moving again..

JasonsLea
07-11-2006, 06:16 PM
YAY Donna! Thanks for joining! I haven't even decided what my goal will be....

JasonsLea
07-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Okay guys, as you can see at the bottom of my sig, I have been suckin so freakin hard my last couple of challenges. I've finally decided to bite the bullet and get my *** back to the WW meetings. I stopped going because I was working at a grocery store making minimum wage and I have bills to pay. But now I have a good paying job, I need to get back. I'm going to wait till they do that free registration thing again (yeah, I know, I am SO cheap!). I actually excited about going back. I'm thinking of going to a new meeting location because I've heard such good things about the leader and members. I'll let you all know when I do officially go back. :)

dgpebbles
07-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Where is everyone/

anyway I'm still OP for eating but haven't got my butt moving yet...I hope to see some exercise in my future...

Shari-have you decided on what your goal is yet?

JasonsLea
07-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Donna, no not yet. I'm actually waiting till I start officially at my meetings again. I went last night, just to sit in and OMG it was SO boring! They have a new leader and she's just.....ugh. And there was no one there from when I used to go there last time. Sooo, I have to find me another meeting. When I was working at the grocery store, people used to tell me to go to the meetings over at Pleasant Ridge in Hueytown, which is a community right next to mine. But my mama won't let me drive her car till I get my license and I have to learn how to park and back out before I can get my license! So this weekend my friend Nik is going to start teaching me how to do that so I can hurry up and get my license and get to a fun meeting!

ssgtswife33
07-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Goodmorning Ladies... I just found this thread and I hope I'm not to late to join in with you. I'm starting at 180pds and I'm hoping by Labor Day, I'm at 165pds.

Losing4another
07-14-2006, 03:39 PM
I wanna Join too......I went on vacation this summer and gained just about all the weight I had lost all but a big 3 pounds. I need something to keep my butt in gear. I'm 236 and would like to set my goal to 224....I'm just starting dieting again after being so out of control so that shouldn't be to hard to do:carrot:
Lorra

JasonsLea
07-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Welcome Jenn and Lorra!

Losing4another
07-15-2006, 12:08 AM
thanks!!! One of these goals I'm GONNA make :D

JasonsLea
07-16-2006, 01:28 AM
Okay, did anyone watch Monique's Fat Chance tonight? OMG those red dresses were SO kickass! If I could find out where they are sold, I would buy one...or at least a cheap imitation of one! :lol: I loved the pagent, it gave me such a boost even though one of my faves didn't make it to the top five. :( But god, did you see that horrible green dress that the second place woman chose?! I'm sorry but :barf: ! Ewww!

Today was a busy, busy day for me. I had to work then I had to drive across town to the only WW meeting that meets on Saturdays so I could use my coupon for free registration (which expired today!), then I had to go to an eye exam at America's Best and guess what? I GOT MY CONTACTS! YAy! They're just the regular ones, I'm going to order color ones after my two week check up. Still haven't decided what color I'm gonna get. I had planned on doing my grocery shopping but Nikki (best friend/ impromptu chaffurer (sp?) wasn't feeling well so she said she will take me tomorrow. I'm trying to get a feel for my contacts. This is the very first time I've ever wore them, I've been in glasses my whole life. So this will be an experience!

Since Mama won't let me drive her car till I get my license, I'm going to have to suffer through these boring meetings at the WW near my house until I learn how to back out and park. I'm slapping myself already. We weigh in there on Thursdays but I'm gonna weigh in myself on Tuesdays cause that's the day they weigh in at the meeting in Hueytown that I WILL go to once I get my license.

Hope everyone's doing okay! Let's get some activity on this thread!

Hpnotq
07-16-2006, 03:41 AM
Just came across this thread...hope it isn't too late for me to join :)

I'd like to lose 10 lbs by labor day...that should be reasonable for me (I hope)

SupersizedChicky
07-16-2006, 11:34 PM
I want to join too. I love your holiday challenges. I'll set a goal after the 1st.

JasonsLea
07-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Welcome Hpnotg and Chicky!

dgpebbles
07-18-2006, 09:34 AM
well I was down 2.4lbs on yesterdays weigh-in which puts me at 160.2....hope everyone else has a great weigh-in this week

gigis
07-18-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm joining a bit late but want to be 198 or less by labor day!! Am 203.5 now. Thanks Shari for doing these! You rock!:carrot: ---Gina

JasonsLea
07-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Welcome Gina!

Congrats Donna!

SupersizedChicky
07-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm down a pound...196.5

AnnOtto
07-19-2006, 04:58 PM
I would like to join your challenge also! I have never done one of these before (or even posted) I need to try something. My weight loss has not budged a poud in the two last months. I am going on vacation next week, so, this is going to be a real challenge for me!
My goal is to:

Lose10lbsByLaborDay,September4th,2006.

There-I said it. Thanks for the support. Bobbie

JasonsLea
07-19-2006, 10:58 PM
WOOOT Chicky!

Welcome Bobbie!

Wide in Winnipeg
07-19-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm lacking the motivation to join in on this one:mad: I was only .5lbs away from the last one!:D
Thought I'd pop in and say good luck to you all though!!!!:carrot: WHOOHOO!

JasonsLea
07-20-2006, 10:17 PM
OOOOOOH Wendy! Join us! At least it was ONLY .5 lb! I was SO far off my goal! LOL

JasonsLea
07-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Today was a HORRIBLE day. I felt like such a failure cause my supervisor was riding my back and I was messing up at every turn. As soon as I got off work, I went down to the canteen and brought ALL the remaining WW chocolates (four bags of the caramel drops and like ten of the crispy caramel bars). I always eat when I'm stressed or depressed. I had EVERY intention on devouring all of them then but I didn't at the moment because I was going to the cafeteria. I went straight to the pizza and burger line and for some reason that I can't remember now, I suddenly BOLTED out the line and jumped into the salad line! Before I could talk myself out of it, I brought a chicken salad with fat free dressing and a cup of water and practically ran out! I went outside and started eating my salad, still feeling depressed, and I dropped my fork! It was the only fork I had and I was pissed. I was sitting there sipping water when I realized that it was fate. I had only ate half the salad and two pieces of the chocolate and if I hadn't dropped the fork and hadn't stopped and thought about it, I would have kept eating even though I was FULL! Freaky!

Also, I've been trying to cut back on sodas (I've always drank Diet but still....) and I haven't had a soda in four days! Of course since I was so down, I wanted one but I kept repeating to myself that I had survived four days without them and I was able to pass on getting one!

Losing4another
07-21-2006, 01:43 PM
WAY TO GO Shari:D WILL-POWER pass some of that over my way;)

Wide in Winnipeg
07-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Ya, ok, I'm in for what, 10 pounds, sound good????:carrot:

JasonsLea
07-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Thank you Lorra. :)

WOOOT! Welcome Wendy! 10 lbs sound fantastic!

AnnOtto
07-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi all at CWKA, Inc. How's everyone doing? So far, I am right on track. Yipee!! But, I'm leaving for one weeks vacation tomorrow morning. Please wish me luck and will power. I'll need lots of both. I'm taking my laptop with me so I will be able to check in here hopefully daily. Keep up the good work and have a great week!

Wide in Winnipeg
07-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Here's some :dust: for you! Have a nice vacation!

So, I've gained a pound and a half:( AF came for a visit and I'm bloated!:D All is well otherwise!
How is everyone doing?Lost anyMy official weigh in is on Mondays so we"ll have to see if the scale will go back to normal for me!
have a good day!

Wide in Winnipeg
07-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Getting pretty quiet around here...
Come on people let's kick it up a knotch!!!!!!

I'm down another .5 of a pound!

JasonsLea
07-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Ann ~ Have fun on your vacation!

Wendy ~ Congrats!

I'm down .6 to 246.

Losing4another
07-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Slow going here :( I need a kick in the BUTT

Wide in Winnipeg
07-25-2006, 07:02 PM
:kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt:

Thought I'd kick ya a few times!!!! LOL!!! Come on Loosin!! You can do this!!:hug:

JasonsLea
07-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Lorra, well Wendy already kicked you enough so.....:D

Wide in Winnipeg
07-26-2006, 03:59 AM
You asked for it Lorra!! Did it hurt!?:D

dgpebbles
07-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Wendy & Shari-congrats on the loss...I also saw a drop in the scale today...Now if I can hold on to it till Monday

Losing4another
07-26-2006, 12:43 PM
OUCH!!!! :stars:

Wide in Winnipeg
07-26-2006, 04:40 PM
:D :p :carrot:

upswife
07-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Ladies, I have no guption to keep up, DH's job id pretty stressful right now, and unfortunately it filters down a little. I missed the gym today, but I think i am going to try to get in tomorrow morning, and friday. I just went shopping, so I have plenty of fresh amd healthy food to eat. The kiddies have kept me busy, with te girls new bike they want to be out riding all the time. DD2 still is trying to get the peddling part, so I have to walk up and down the block with her, and remind her to keep pedaling. :D Have a great Thursday all!!

Losing4another
07-28-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm down a pound:D Thanks for the kick in the butt Wendy:jig:

Wide in Winnipeg
07-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Anytime Lorra!!!
My weight in day is Monday and I hope to be down another pound by then also!
How is everyone else doing?

Wide in Winnipeg
07-29-2006, 06:27 PM
A little birdie told me it's your Birthday JasonsLea! If that's true "HAPPY BIRTHDAY":woo: :hb: :hug: !!

Losing4another
07-29-2006, 07:33 PM
:woo:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!:woo:

JasonsLea
07-30-2006, 12:58 AM
Ellen ~ I hope things get better soon. :)

Lorra ~ YAYYYYY!!! I knew you could do it!

Wendy and Lorra ~ Thanks so much! I turned 20. It wasn't a happy birthday, it was a day filled with anger and tears but hopefully things will be better tomorrow. The birthday wishes from my online friends made my day!

MyOwnSaboteur
07-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Hello everyone,

My other challenge is just wrapping up so I figured time to jump into a new one!! I want to lose 10 pounds by labour day. I have a wedding to go to on Sept. 9th so this would be wonderful. I am really going to give it my all this time and get my butt exercising finally, I think I have put it off long enough.

Shari, sorry to hear your birthday wasn't so happy :(

Hey Wendy, nice to share a thread with you again :carrot:

Well I should run and update my tickers for this challenge

Bye for now!!

dgpebbles
07-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Happy belated Birthday Shari...Sorry to hear it didn't go very well...

Hope everyone is having a great week and good luck at weigh-in tomorrow

dgpebbles
07-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Yeah..I'm down 2.8lbs this week which puts me at 157.6....have a great day ..I'm off to work

MyOwnSaboteur
07-31-2006, 11:02 AM
Congratulations dgpebbles!!!!! What a fantastic loss!! Oh how I can't wait to be in the 150's, however I just made it into the 160's and I am very happy about that!!

Keep up the good work, you are inspiring me :D

Hope everyone is doing well and eating healthy!!

Wide in Winnipeg
07-31-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm at 133, so that's what 3 pounds?Finally starting to lose again!
MyOwnSaboteur~ Sure is nice to see ya again! How have you been?

ok, lets get out butts out there and shake the blubber all up!Have a good day!

upswife
07-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Hi all, I am trudging along, hopefully I will see a loss soon. Life has been eventful, and it has kept me out of the gym, but I AM going to make it there three days this week-I just have to get my lazy rear in gear!

Sharri~Happy belated b-day!

JasonsLea
07-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Welcome Monica! :hug:

Thank you Donna and Congratulations! :carrot:

YAY Wendy! :carrot:

Thank you Ellen. :)

JasonsLea
08-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey Wendy, would you mind telling me when the next BTB game starts? I plan on joining the next one. :)

Wide in Winnipeg
08-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Cool! It starts August 7th! Anyone else interested? The more the merrier!:D

JasonsLea
08-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Thanks Wendy!

MyOwnSaboteur
08-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Hi Ladies,

Wendy, you can count me in for BTB. As for how I am doing, well I have been better honestly, my father is dieing so I have been going through a bit of a hard time. Congratulations on the great loss, 3 pounds is fantastic!!

I had a good day yesterday, eating and water was all great, but what is it going to take to get me exercising!!! Yesterday was sooooooo hot here, with the humidex it was around 45 (113) degrees and I was sweating just sitting, I just couldn't get myself moving and today is supposed to be the same if not a little hotter so I can't see myself doing anything but I guess we'll see.

Have a good day everyone and hopefully you will all be a little cooler than me.

dgpebbles
08-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Monica-congrats on getting into the 160's...you'll be in the 150's before you know it...sorry to hear about your father...Have you thought about maybe trying a walk away the pounds video...you can do it inside and have a fan blowing on you....when I first started to exercise I was doing them and I loved it...alos is your bike a regular one or a stationary one?

wendy-wow 3lbs that awesome...keep it up..What is BTB game?

Losing4another
08-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Sherri- Get Wendy to give you a kick in the rear hehe:D

I second that question what is BTB Game?

Way to go ladies on the losses:carrot: I didn't WI this morning but hoping for another loss as well :crossed::goodscale:

JasonsLea
08-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Monica ~ Sorry about your daddy. :( It's steaming hot down here too. I can't wait till fall.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-01-2006, 09:09 PM
For those of you that don't know about this game let me explain the details:

The game starts on Monday, August 7/06 and will end on Monday, September 4/06.We work on a points system that is as follows:

Exercise: 1 point for every 20 mins of exercise(no half points allowed, we
want you to get another point!)
Water: 1 point for every half gallon/2 litres/64 oz.
Meals: 1 point for every Healthy meal( maximum of 3 per day)depending on your chosen diet plan if your are on one.
Snacks: half a point for every Healthy snack

Because some of us eat 5-6 smaller meals a day the first 3 will count as full points and the other 2-3 will be half points, just to keep things fair for everyone.

Pounds/inches lost per week: 2 points for every pound AND inch lost!

Please sign up here or on the BTB Members chat thread located in the Support groups section.It is Stickied so it's easy to find!

Heres the info on the game, hope some more of you will join in!!:D

dgpebbles~ I miss you on A Few Good Friends!!! How are you!?!

Wide in Winnipeg
08-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Monica~ I'm sorry to here about your dad:( Take care of yourself Hun! I'll be praying for you and your family...

Losing4another
08-01-2006, 11:45 PM
My b-day is the 7th...what a good day to start;) Sign me up:D

Monica- Sorry about your father:hug:

SupersizedChicky
08-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey all. I've updated my tracker. I want to be 185 by Labor Day.

MyOwnSaboteur
08-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Hello everyone,

I usually post every morning but I was so proud of myself, I had to share!! I FINALLY did it.......even though it is stinking hot, I did 25 minutes on the bike and 200 tummy crunches. Yahhhh for me :D!!! It felt so good when I was done, now I just need to keep it up.

Thank you Wendy and everyone for you thought and words in regard to my Dad. The doctors say he might have until Christmas.....what a horrible time to lose a loved one :( . I am very close to my Dad and I just hope that when he finally lets go that he doesn't suffer.

Well it is almost 11:00pm here and I am tired so off to bed for me. I hope everyone has a super great day tomorrow!!

Wide in Winnipeg
08-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Monica~ YOU ROCK!! Can you do it again tomorrow!????:D
Have a good sleep everyone!

Losing4another
08-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Monica- :hug:My thoughts and prayers are with you:hug:hug:Way to go on the exercise:carrot: I'm in florida we are always stinking HOTT hehe

JasonsLea
08-02-2006, 12:12 AM
WOOOOTTT! Welcome CHICKY! :)

YAY Monica!

bejeweled*curves
08-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Hi Shari! Everyone =) I'm back home, got back yesterday. I'm so tired I need a vacation from my vacation. Anyways, still holding my own at 205, thankfully. I thought for sure I'd gain some weight back, but I guess I stayed pretty active. Still have a goal to drop 10 pounds by labor day, so I think I'm ready to rock. Hope everyone is doing well so far. =)

Wide in Winnipeg
08-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Welcome back!:D

AnnOtto
08-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Welcome back! Hope you had a great time. I got home Monday night from vacation as well. I gained, but, I'm back on track. Hopefully I will still make the 10 lbs by Labor Day. Good luck to everyone.

SupersizedChicky
08-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Well, first half pound down.

JasonsLea
08-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Welcome back Jannelle and Bobbie! Missed you!

WOOOTTT Chicky!

bejeweled*curves
08-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks Wendy, Bobbie, Shari! Hey Bobbie, where'd you go? I was in NY. Everyone kept blaming me for bringing the heat from Florida! lol

JasonsLea
08-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Jannelle, where in NY were you? I've never been but I heard it's nice...but busy!

Hope everyone is doing good today. My eating was good but didn't go to the gym. :( As soon as I stepped outside, the damn heat zapped all my energy!

JasonsLea
08-04-2006, 10:21 PM
How was everyone's day? I did a improptu wi today and found that I've lost 1 lb which puts me at 248.6. Yay for me!

upswife
08-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Will wi on mon or tues. TOM came for a visit, and I do not want to get on my scale!! :P

JasonsLea
08-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Ellen, I understand completely! LOL

bejeweled*curves
08-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Jannelle, where in NY were you? I've never been but I heard it's nice...but busy!

Hope everyone is doing good today. My eating was good but didn't go to the gym. :( As soon as I stepped outside, the damn heat zapped all my energy!

Hey Shari! Congrats and keep going!
I was like a gypsy during my trip to NY. I was in Manhattan, the Bronx(where my dad is), Queens(my sister) and Sound Beach LI(my best friend). We were even in Jersey one day for a BBQ! Over all it was a nice time, but I'm glad to be home.

Hey, dont be too hard on yourself about not hitting the gym, you're still doing your best and we're human so we're allowed to be imperfect. :hug:

bejeweled*curves
08-05-2006, 12:12 PM
forgot to say, I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down to 202.8. Anyhoo, I'm glad for every little victory. I hope everyone else is doing well. :)

Wide in Winnipeg
08-05-2006, 01:51 PM
:p I'm bored...

Junebug222
08-05-2006, 03:33 PM
like to join the Challenge...I think I can lose 10lbs by then :carrot:
I am just started Aug 2... My weight is 204
Junebug 222

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/lb/204/150/204/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

JasonsLea
08-05-2006, 05:07 PM
WOOOT Congrats Jannelle!

Wendy, go do a puzzle! LMAO

Welcome Junebug!

MyOwnSaboteur
08-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Hello all you beautiful ladies!!

My weight hasn't moved at all over the past week, hopfully I can lose a couple more over this coming week. I might be missing for a little bit as my Dad is in the hospital with pneumonia, he is getting weaker by the day :( . I really feel Like we won't have him much longer, so I try to spend as much time as possible with him.

Junebug, welcome, I know you will find all the encouragement you will need with this wonderful group of women. Good luck :D

Wide in Winnipeg
08-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Monica~ Sorry about your Dad:( I hope you get to spend alot of time with him yet,I just couldn't imagine going through that!:(

Well, the weight hasn't changed this week except to go up due to water retention:mad: I'm keeping my ticker the same though because I know it will go down in a day or 2.
have a good day!

bejeweled*curves
08-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Monica, I'm sad to hear about your father. I pray for strength and comfort for you and your family in your time of need. Blessings to you love.

Losing4another
08-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Monica :hug::hug: :hug:

JasonsLea
08-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Monica, I hope everything gets better for you.

Wendy, water retention sucks!

JasonsLea
08-06-2006, 11:01 PM
I love lollypops! I had the most horrific craving for sugar today. I was THIS close to eating a Twinky or some ice cream but I resisted. The craving went away then came back several times. Finally I went and begged my mama for one of her coveted suckers. She gave me one thank god and the craving FINALLY went away (for only 1 pt)! YES!

SupersizedChicky
08-07-2006, 01:10 AM
Well my friend had a birthday so I ate and drank way too much. I was sooo bloated, but I exercised for 2 hours today and got rid of the bloat. Thank god.

Good resisting Shari.

dgpebbles
08-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Shari great job on the willpower...I eat the sugarfree hard candys to help with my cravings....it like 40 calories for 3 pieces but I don't know what points they would have

I'm down another 1lb to 156.6...I think I'm going to make my goal of 155..yeah me about time I make one

upswife
08-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Good morning ladies! I am at 231. I keep bouncing around the same 5 pounds, but I am really going to try my best to make some kind of movement. DS starts school in 2 weeks, so things may be better, I will be able to get up and get to the gym first thing in the morning. Today I am going this morning too, my Uncle and his new wife are in from Austrailia, so I thing I am going to go visit after the gym. I am really feeling better now that TOM is gone. I hate being a female and having ot deal with all these hormonal things...ugh! But now I am off for the next month! Yay! Have a great Monday!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
08-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Morning all! Weight is still the same so no good news, although being the same weight is good news I guess;)
Game 7 of Beat the Bulge starts today so anyone playing jump right in!
have a good day!

JasonsLea
08-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Congrats Donna!

I hope everyone had a good day today. I did okay. My blood sugar level went WAY down around 8:30. I was shaking and stuff. Luckily, I saw my mama in on one of the floors while I was delivering a patient's tray and she gave me some money to get something and after I got off, I went to the canteen and brought packets of those snack crackers for the rest of the week. I forgot that I have to eat every three hours. I haven't been and I think that is why my weight loss has been non existant. That and the horrible eating. LOL

MyOwnSaboteur
08-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say that I won't be around until next week sometime. This morning my Dad past away, needless to say I am not in good place right now, hopefully I can keep my eating under control, it is amazing how many people want to feed you when you are grieving, like some how that will ease the pain. Thanks to you all for your kind thoughts, I really appreciated it.

I wish everybody good luck with this week and I will look forward to talking with you all next week. Take care and eat healthy!!

bejeweled*curves
08-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Monica....please know that my you are in my thoughts, I continue to pray for comfort for you and your family. I hope that you are able to and will take any time that you need. Love to you. Jannelle :(

Losing4another
08-08-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Monica Take all the time you need for yourself and your family :hug:

JasonsLea
08-09-2006, 02:43 AM
I really sorry about your daddy Monica. I hope things get better and you are able to come back to us soon. Love you!

JasonsLea
08-09-2006, 02:43 AM
So today was EXTREMELY stressful. I can't get into details right now since it's after midnight and I SO need to get to bed, but basically two of my head supervisors were being *******s. But they are soon going to learn that I am not the one! I document everything so I WANT them to try me! Anyway, I left furious and the first thing I thought of was candy and Taco Bell. But you know what I did? I sat in the car and ate my usual sandwich then ONE WW mint chocolate. I was still pissed and of course still was craving so instead of heading over to Taco Bell...I went to sleep. Yep, I pushed that seat back and went to sleep! I woke up like thirty minutes later as my mama was calling my cell and she let me SCREAM at her about my shitty day. I felt better, not craving, but I was making excuses for not going to the gym. As I was making the excuses, I was getting changed into my gym clothes in the back seat. Then I kept telling myself over and over and over again 242, 242, 242, 242 ,242 as I got out the car and walked out the parking garage. Why? Because my WI for today came in at 242.6 Next thing you know, I'm off the bus in front of the gym. I let myself think again about my *****y sups, got angry again, and spent the next hour lifting more weight than I have EVER lifted and half jogging on the threadmill. And yes, I DO feel pretty damn good.

Losing4another
08-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Shari- YOU GO GIRL......You can do it:jig:

bejeweled*curves
08-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Good for you Shari, that's awesome!! Now you gotta update your weight on the thread girlie!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Go Shari Go Shari Go Go Go Shari!! :lifter:

upswife
08-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Monica~I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I will be praying for you and your family. ((hugs))

SupersizedChicky
08-09-2006, 04:09 PM
So sorry about your father Monica. Sending you strength and love.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-09-2006, 04:48 PM
:D I'm going MIA for a few days!! I'll catch up when I get home!
Cheers!

dgpebbles
08-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Monica sorry to hear about your father...your family will be in my thoughts...if you need anything I will be here for you..

dgpebbles
08-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Shari way to go...that was a great workout...sorry you had to get upset...keep up the good work

JasonsLea
08-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Thanks you guys!

Today was okay, not eventful BUT SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!!!! YES! My little brother and sister are out the door! *evil laugh*

Losing4another
08-10-2006, 09:56 AM
:lol: Shari School started here yesterday woohoo

JasonsLea
08-10-2006, 09:37 PM
How's everyone doing? I'm doing okay, just tired. Payday is tomorrow and I'm already broke. Ah bills. I need another job.

bejeweled*curves
08-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Well, other than the fact that my nerves are shot because I just managed to suck a HUGE brown spider into my vacuum cleaner, I'm doin' good. That thing was freakin' GINORMOUS(Jim Carey, Bruce Almighty :P)!!! :fr: I'm not a total chicken, I can deal with your average little house spider, but dammit, this thing was completely out of control. I keep looking over at my vacuum wondering if the creature will find its way out. :eek:

Anyhoo, I stepped on the scale yesterday against my better judgement and to my surprise I'm down to an even 202. So only a .8 lb loss, but I'll take it.
It's been a little over 10 years since the numbers on the scale read anything under 200 and now I'm only 3 lbs away! :carrot: But I'm so impatient with myself that it seems like its taken forever. I've lost a total of 40 lbs since last November, so you can see why I'm a little frustrated. Its so hard for me to not concentrate on the numbers on the scale, I'm totally obsessed, I admit it. Does anyone else struggle with compulsively hopping on the scale? Do you have any advice for an impatient chicky? Hope you guys are all doing well.
Jannelle :flow1:

dgpebbles
08-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Jannelle--I'm right there with you..I have to get on the scale everyday...I keep telling myself that I'm not going too but I can't keep away from it...I also want to see that number move...but don't count on just the scale...sometimes you are losing inches and not weight..so make sure you take your measurements also....I also have lost 40 lbs since december...its coming off slow but that a good sign....means we are doing it the correct way and that it will stay off...

Congrats on getting to 202..you will be in the 190's before you know it.

as for me I'm doing good...I'm on track with eating and my water but I haven't exercised since sunday...I really need to get it in gear....so starting sunday no more being lazy and no more excuses...I'm going to get in at least 4 days a week...someone give me a kick to get started.

Shari- I hear you about the bills...its like every payday you get all excited and then you pay bills and your depressed cause it all gone...lol..I need to throw all my credit cards away...and pay them off...that might help...lol but you know us girls we have to have our credit cards.

Losing4another
08-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Jannelle- LOL at your STORY :lol: I get those huge brown monsters as well.

I jump on the scale as much as 3 times a day. Depending on how many times i can get to it...Only when I'm trying to lose though.... if I'm not I stay as far away from that thing as I can. I got a new scale a week ago and it shows a higher weight so I'm all messed up trying to get back to where I started even though I really haven't gained :eek: Should take it back and tell them it isn't working right :lol:

JasonsLea
08-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Jannelle ~ Both me and my mama was ROFLMAO about that spider.

Donna ~ I am TOO scared to get a credit card. I just got the guts to open a checking account today. I got into trouble with checks when I was younger and I hope I don't screw up again cause this time I can go to jail. So yeah, I'm really scared right now. LOL

Lorra ~ LOL scales are evil....most of the time. :)

bejeweled*curves
08-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Its always a plus when I can make people laugh with my sillyness!:D

Donna- thank you sweetie for your support and encouraging words. And congratulations to you also on dropping 40 big ones! :cb: I do sometimes take waist, hip and thigh measurements. In fact, sometimes those measurements are what keep me going when the numbers on the scale don't change. I know you're right about taking it slow, I just have to learn how to accept it, I have close to no patience.

Losing4another-(what's your name?)How do you kill those big suckers? Please tell me anything you can. And if that scale isn't behaving, I say lock it up in the closet until it decides to act right! Damn scales, they're so damn smug! :tantrum:

don't mind me, I just have issues with scales.

Losing4another
08-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Jannelle- :lol: YEA locking it up sounds good ..has been evil since the day I got it ;) My name is Lorra.....My husband is my spider killer. I have a HUGE one behind my couch RIGHT NOW:eek: Dh went fishing and it looks way to big to suck up in the vacuum cleaner......he needs to hurry up and get home cause I am a BIG CHICKEN...He is the size of my hand and super fast.....YES I'M SCARED:stress: HELP!!!!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend...as soon as that spider is gone I will be able to finish enjoying mine:yikes:

MyOwnSaboteur
08-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I am getting by right now, things are tough and I have good days and bad ones, as far as my diet goes things are good the weight is coming off slowly.

Lorra, my husband is also my spiderkiller and if he isn't around I get out the hairspray and stick them where ever they are, that way they can't go anywhere until he gets home. There is nothing I hate more then a big spider that has disappeared somewhere and I know they can turn up at any minute.....*shudder*.

Jannelle, I practically live on my scale, I can step on it anywhere from 2 to 5 times a day. And I don't know about anyone else but I do my best to sneak up on it, like somehow if it doesn't see me coming I might weigh less, lol. I am hopeless. Anyway your not alone for there seems to be a few of us here :D

Well I should run, I want to change my avatar picture to my Daddy, may he rest in peace.

SupersizedChicky
08-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Hey everyone. Because my loss has slowed the last two months. I've adjusted my weight goal to the weight I need to be to go from obese to overweight.

bejeweled*curves
08-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Hey Monica! Welcome back honey. How are you doing with everything? Taking it one day at a time, right. That's all any of us can do. But I'm glad you're back. :hug: I sometimes do the same with my scale, I kinda step on as slooooowly as possible, even hanging on to the wall or a counter next to me sometimes so as not to shock the scale into reading a higher weight than I actually am. :D {Oh come on ladies! You know you've done it too, confess right now!} Monica, big thumbs up that the weight is still coming off. Blessings and hugs from my heart to yours. :)

Lorra hon, I hope your hubby has got the spider situation under control. I got the chills when I read your post! :eek:

JasonsLea
08-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Hi all! Welcome back Monica! Enough with the spider talk! You're making my skin crawl. I just totally murdered a HUGE cockroach! The kind that FLYS! UGH! It was in the laundry room and I didn't know about it. I went in there, it was pitch dark and my little sister said (after I had gone in the dark room) "Blackfoot's (our cat) stalking a roach...you better watch out." Too late! I had already turned on the light and saw his ugly *** climbing the wall. Blackfoot was stalking him alright but the roach was way up to the roof so Blackfoot couldn't get to him. The roach was SO dumb, it was trying to attach itself to the ceiling, knowing it has no suction on it's feet! So I waited cause I knew it would drop eventually and sho enough it did and it seemed to remember it had wings at the last minute cause it was half way down to the ground before it tried to fly but it was too late for it. I swatted the **** out of that little *******! His family has no remains to bury. I CAN NOT STAND ROACHES!

dgpebbles
08-14-2006, 09:04 AM
all of the bug storis are so funny...you crack me up

anyway weigh-in today was down .8ls which is amazing cause I only did one day of exercise all week...and had a few not so good meals..but I'll take it..

good luck to everyone else with weigh-in today

Losing4another
08-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Way to go Donna:carrot:

What is this creepy crawling week???? We didn't find the spider :yikes: Dh says he must have ran back out the front door YEA WELL I don't believe him. I know I should have trapped it but I was just to big of a CHICKEN. Not going to sit on that couch thats for sure:eek:

Lost 2.5 pounds on the new scale :D Still not back where I'm supposed to be with the old scale however it's finally going the right way :goodscale:

JasonsLea
08-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Congrats Donna and Lorra!

JasonsLea
08-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Okay I had a bad diet weekend and this morning I woke up to discover that TOM had came for a visit. Yeah, I am SO going to show a gain tomorrow!

JasonsLea
08-15-2006, 11:56 PM
How has everyone been? I hope you are all good. :)

Okay so TOM came yesterday and with him, water weight. WI today was 248 but screw that, I'm not changing my ticker when I KNOW it's water weight.

OMG today was SO kickass! Here's the blog I wrote about it:

I DROVE all the way from downtown Birmingham to the Superwalmart in Bessemer and back BY MYSELF! HA! Booyah! See when I got off work today, I went to the parking garage to eat my lunch like I usually do. I had been planning on going to Walmart to get some stuff and I was getting ready to leave and get on the bus when my mama called me. She asked if I minded staying in downtown till 6 because she had her Toastmasters meeting at 5. So of course I said yes because I had no way to get home (I mean, the bus doesn't run through PG). She asked me what I was going to do for the next couple of hours and I told her that I was going to Walmart cause I can spends months up in Walmart. So she was like okay and we hung up. I was tired and since we weren't leaving until 6, that gave me plenty of time to catch a quick nap (in which I had the freakiest dream; that's in another blog). So I napped for like an hour and when I woke up, it was about to storm. I got the umbrella out the trunk and started to leave the parking deck when for some reason, I just thought 'I should drive.' I didn't even think about it, I just went back upstairs, started the car, and left. Boom. Didn't even think. I drove myself to Walmart, PARKED between TWO cars, did my shopping, backed out the parking lot without hitting anyone or thing, drove to my dad's house in Bessemer, drove to Rally's, went to the gas station and put gas in my mama's car, then went back to the parking deck. When I got back, it was like 5:48 and the parking deck was empty so I decided to practice backing into the parking space. I got it right after the second time. **** YEAH! (BTW, I did all this in my mama's car but she doesnt know because she will TOTALLY kill me, so for those who know my mama, keep this on the down low, k?) I told my mama I did all this in Nikki's car and I'm going to try to get my license this week (she had already promised that I could use her car or the truck for that). So yeah, I'm on Cloud 9!

That gave me such confidence that I was grinning from ear to ear for the rest of the day and I called my friend Sunshine and told her YES, I will go clubbing with her on Saturday! I feel great, TOM be damned!

upswife
08-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Way to go Sharri!!!! It is so exciting when you know you can drive!!! Good luck with the drivers test, and be carefull!

On a side note~weight has been awful, I am still lurking around though.

JasonsLea
08-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks Ellen.

Man, I hope this water weight is gone by my next weigh in.

MyOwnSaboteur
08-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Hello everyone,

Hope you are all doing better then me at the moment. I had a couple of bad days eating and no exercise and the scale shows it, I am up 3.6 pounds for being so naughty :( . Hopefully I will get my act together and I will be happy if on Monday I can report that I am back to where I was before. It would be nice if it was just a bloat thing and tomorrow or the next day my scale is behaving itself again.

Keep up the good work everyone and keep moving!! :carrot:

SupersizedChicky
08-18-2006, 11:30 AM
2 pounds down! Wooohoo!

Monica - The bloat sucks, but you're still doing so well. You've lost so many pounds since I've known you. I'm sure you'll continue to lose.

Shari - I hate TOM because you're bloated without overeating. You get a consequence for nothing. So has it gone down at all? Mine should be coming up. Not looking forward to it.

gigis
08-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi Shari and everyone. Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, life has been nuts.

good news - I am close to my goal for labor day - I got down to 199.5 this morning. I was so happy to finally be in ONEderland!!! It's been a few years. Then it will be time to focus on my next goal of 185 by Halloween. I'm feeling very pumped. I can do it!!!

Gina :carrot:

JasonsLea
08-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi Monica.

Chicky, congratulations! I don't feel bloated anymore but I haven't stepped on a scale yet.

WOOOT Gina! ONEderland!

MyOwnSaboteur
08-19-2006, 08:00 AM
Hello Ladies,

I didn't do well yesterday, I was supposed to get back on track but instead I fed my grief yesterday and couldn't believe how much it could eat......not very good at all :( . I don't want to start heading back up with my weight so I really need to get a handle on this!!

Chicky, congrats on the 2 pound loss, way to go :carrot: . I have done really well so far but am afraid that I might gain all I have lost and have to start back at the beginning again how depressing would that be?? I need to get control again!

gina, good for you girl, it must have felt ONEderful to step on the scale and see that number come up. Keep it up!!

Shari.....:wave:

dgpebbles
08-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Morning everyone..

Sorry I've been missing all this week...I met someone and been spending alot of time with him...Also I hurt my neck last weekend so I haven't got in any exercise all week..it is starting to feel better so I'm aimimg to get back on track next week...the scale is bing good to me this week..I can'y wait till monday for official weigh-in day..I already hit my labor day goal so I went ahead nad made another small 5lb goal so maybe I'll hit that one too.

Monica-glad your back...I know you'll get back on track its just kinda hard to start back up but you can do it...your 2/3 of the way to your goal so keep it up

Gina- congrats on getting into onederland

Chicky-wow great job 2lbs is awesome..

SupersizedChicky
08-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Gina - WELCOME to ONEDERLAND!!! I'll throw you a welcoming party. That's awesome.

Lost another .5 pound. Yea!!! I hope this means that my plateau is over. It was almost 2 months of really really slow weight loss. But the last 2 weeks I got my butt moving and have been really good about exercising.

SupersizedChicky
08-20-2006, 04:11 PM
Edit: After a day of hard shopping and a morning of exercise I've lost another 2.5 pounds! I can't believe it. I've waited so long for it and my body finally let it go all this week. Because of this I've decided to change my Labor Day goal back to my original one, 185. I'm going for it.

dgpebbles
08-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Chicky-thats awesome...I'm glad the scale is finally moving again for you..

I finally made it back to the gym...my neck is better so I decided to give it a try today...now if I can just get back on track again.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Sigh... I'm still around, just not motivated or eating properly. Weight is back up to 136 some due to TOMs arrival...

MyOwnSaboteur
08-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi girls,

I hate to do it but I have to move my ticker up a few pounds as the weight isn't moving :( . Now I have to lose those 3 pounds again!! YUCK!!! Oh well I know I can get a handle on this and start moving in the right direction again. I guess with weight loss you will have a lot of up and down.

Chicky, you are just doing amazing :carrot: way to go, it must be so nice to see that scale moving in the right direction again. Before you know it you will be passing me by......make sure to wave when you do ;)

dgpebbles...a new man in your life?? I hope everything is going good. Good for you getting to the gym and I have no doubt you will be right back on track! I hurt my knee the other day but tonight I will try to ride the bike for it isn't too bad.

Wendy, my goodness that post was sad......:drill: get off your lazy keester Wendy and move...move...MOVE!!!! Eat your greens FIND your MOTIVATION and get you butt back ON TRACK!!! No more excuses like TOM or anything else, it is all very doable so get DOING!!! GO WENDY GO :cheer: Go WENDY GO :cheer: or I might have to skip over to the next province and :kickbutt:
Was that motivating at all?? :dunno:

AnnOtto
08-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone. I feel a bit bummed out lately. I am steadily up three pounds and just can't seem to shake it. It seems that I finally made 30 lb loss, and wham! going right back up. I refuse to change my ticker. Its just too much of a reality then. And now with TOM I just want to curl up and, well, you know, eat. Anything. Anything not good for me that is.

Everyone is now gone to college as of yesterday. I really should just go into the pantry and throw everything out. Double *arrgghhh* because I know I won't do it. We can't waste food, can we?

Thanks for listening, I just needed to vent. Everyone have a great week.

PS Monica, I found your cheer to Wendy very motivational, and I'm using it for myself. Thank you. We can do this.

JasonsLea
08-21-2006, 06:40 PM
:wave: everyone! I hope you are all having a great day!

Monica, how are you feeling sweetie? Don't beat yourself up. You are allowed to grieve, just be concious of what you are doing. Maybe you should try taking up something new at the gym. I'm thinking of trying yoga this week.

Donna has a boyfriend! Donna had a boyfriend! LMAO Congratulations on that and the WL!

WOOOT Chicky! You are on fire!

Hey Wendy! TOM sucks rotten eggs. :(

Bobbie, cheer up! You might actually have some free time with everyone gone now. As for the food, maybe you can give it to a homeless shelter or something?

JasonsLea
08-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Hi all! Today was WI day for me and I am at 244. I'm cool with that considering that I was 248 when I was on TOM and I ate like a pig so I'm lucky I didn't STAY 248! Hope everyone is doing well!

bejeweled*curves
08-22-2006, 10:52 PM
uuuuggggghhhh!!!! just typed a really long post and the then some how lost the whole damn thing!!

anyway, basically it said hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA, things have been crazy, very hormonal, stressed out with the kids, hubby should be home from Iraq soon, very excited yada yada yada....

bejeweled*curves
08-22-2006, 10:54 PM
forgot to say congrats to the ladies who had scale successes, and don't give up to the ones who didn't(including me). scale just seems to be hovering between 199.5 and 201, so not exactly a victory. but I'm not giving up so easily!

bejeweled*curves
08-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Alright Shari, I'm letting you know right now that whatever your next challenge thread is gonna be....I think I'm gonna need to join, cause lets be real, its not reasonable for me to think that I'm gonna make 195 by labor day. I may just change my goal to just make it to onderland by then. I'll be grateful if I can make that happen!

edited to add: sorry for the 3 posts in a row guys.

JasonsLea
08-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Hey Jannelle! WOOT! So happy your hubby's coming back soon! I've started a Halloween challenge already. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91220

Losing4another
08-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Hello ladies

I'm finally in the 230's again YAY!!!! I even got to move my ticker:D This new scale had me all depressed being in the 240's....thats my highest even the doctor office scales have never been that high and I knew the old scale was off but geezeeeeee

Way to go to all the Losers :carrot:

bejeweled*curves
08-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Lorra-High Five!! Keep going girl! You are gonna get there. =)

Shari, my dear dear Shari....you really are addicted aren't you? Admitting you have a problem is half the battle. lol And I shall be joining your Halloween challenge.....umm.....I think maybe your addiction is rubbing off onto me. But its okay, we can start a 12 step program thread to challenge ourselves off the addiction.

I am so nutty =D

JasonsLea
08-23-2006, 11:02 PM
WOOT Lorra! Welcome back sweetie!

Jannelle, all us nuts have to stick together! LOL

bejeweled*curves
08-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Shari, no one understands the trials and tribulations of a nut better than other nuts....but enough about that cause now I'm craving peanut m&m's. lol

How are you doing?

Losing4another
08-24-2006, 06:45 PM
:lol: You two are cracking me up

JasonsLea
08-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Jannelle ~ OMG my mama is eating Peanut M & Ms right now! ROFLMAO!

Lorra ~ We are here to entertain. :)

Guess what I did today? YOGA! OMG I thought I was going to DIE! I kept busting a cramp every five seconds. But you know what? I'm going back next week. The instructor was very nice and the environment was very calming and I swore to myself that I was going to try new things this year. Next activity on my list is water aerobics. Hope everyone has a great evening!

bejeweled*curves
08-24-2006, 11:32 PM
Lorra, you know what they say about laughter ;) I love to laugh.

Shari, that's awesome. I know yoga the first time around is such a challenge on your body, you may be a little(or a lot) sore tomorrow, but keep at it. Just please whatever you do, don't strain yourself. If it hurts, don't do it. Its okay to feel challenged and maybe some discomfort for a little while at first, but you should never be in pain. That's basically the rule for all forms of exercise. Listen to me, like I'm some kinda expert or something. :D No but seriously, I'm no expert, but I've learned a few things from teachers and from my own experience. Man, I need to get back into yoga, it really improves flexibility(which the hubby has been thankful for, I'm such a naughty girl) and helps you destress. Think I'll get a dvd to do at home.
Peace and blessings everyone....I mean "namaste" :)

Losing4another
08-25-2006, 09:34 AM
I like yoga too....I have a DVD that is pretty easy for a first timer. My DD likes to do it as well. When she has a sleep over they are in the living room doing yoga more than they are outside playing. It's hot out there though they may change their minds when it cools off some. Wishing that will be some day SOON:hot:

:carrot:TGIF:carrot: have a great weekend ladies

dgpebbles
08-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Hello everyone...sorry I've been MIA again...I've been super busy at work this week...Well this week I decided to start jogging again...Its been over a year since I have jogged ..so I've gone twice so far the week...the first day I went around my block twice without stoping and yesterday I did 7 laps around the track at the park...that so much of an improvement from last year...

shari-great job trying yoga...glad you liked it..I'm going to look for your halloween challenge...I didn't know you started a new one..

SupersizedChicky
08-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Lost another 1.5 pounds. Almost there. I'm dating a new guy too, and that is actually really helping my diet. Also, when I feel my shoulders all I feel is bone. It's awesome! Hope everyone is doing well.

Monica - Your scale will start moving again.

dgpebbles
08-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Chicky-congrats on the new guy and the weight loss...your almost there

SupersizedChicky
08-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks Donna. Actually today I met my 4th goal, so now I am on a birthday challenge. But I'm going to look for the halloween one too. I love halloween.

MyOwnSaboteur
08-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Hello Ladies,

It seems like everyone is doing very well.

chicky, congrats on the loss, you are doing fantastic!!

Donna, 7 laps is amazing, keep it up!!

Shari, I'll join the Halloween challenge after this one is done, I can only handle one at a time.

To everyone else keep moving and eat healthy :D

As for me, well I seem to be on a plateau right now, my weight isn't moving at all. I am okay with that for now but decided I obviously need to change things in order to get the scale moving again so last night I started weight lifting, I worked my upper body, it felt good to finally be doing something. Tonight I will do the bike and then alternate, weights, bike weights and so on. Maybe next week I will start to see a loss again.

I wish you all continued success and well behaved scales ;)

JasonsLea
08-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Hi everyone! OMG horrible (eating wise weekend)! I REALLY need to stay away from my friends until I can totally say NO to fast food! Quite sure I gained! This week is going to be super busy because I'm trying to get my license. Wish me luck! Can't believe this challenge is almost over! Hope you all join my Halloween challenge!

Chicky ~ Congratulations hun!

JasonsLea
08-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Hi everyone. We have less than a week left in our challenge. Man, the time has gone by fast! Hope you all are doing okay.

MyOwnSaboteur
08-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Hello ladies,

Well I am obviously not going to make my goal weight for this challenge however my scale finally moved again this morning, only a pound but I will take it!! Hopefully I can say good bye to another one before this challenge is over :) .

Talk to you all later!

dgpebbles
08-31-2006, 10:03 AM
Monica-congrats on the 1lb

I'm not going to make my goal either...I have been eating bad all week but at least the scale is staying the same...I'll see everyone on the halloween thread

upswife
08-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Still the same here, but I will wait untill official WI to determine how bad it actually went. Hope to join the holoween challenge. Just not sure what to set as a goal??? will have to think about it.

JasonsLea
08-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Congrats Monica!

I'm not going to make my goal either. But I'm going to get as close as possible!

Ellen, you have about two months to make a goal. Just come and jump into the thread!

bejeweled*curves
09-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Missin chick checkin in here :( hello ladies. Guess I'm not too good at keeping up with the rest of you, but I'm still around. The scale hasn't really moved in the past week and I've been bloated beyond belief, about to start my period soon. So, my goal for labor day will not be met, but now I have 2 months for Shari's halloween challenge. And I kinda have a goal to be at least in the low 190s before hubby gets home in about 7 weeks, so we'll see. I hope you guys will continue to strive toward your goals for being healthy and fit even though this challenge is just about over. But honestly, isn't everyday life the real challenge? Things like this challenge help make it fun and sometimes give you a push to keep going! peace & blessings to all :)

gigis
09-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Well I'll post now as I might not get a chance to on Labor day...I reached my goal of 198 today!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: YEA!! Now I will have to get on over to the Halloween challenge...185 here I come!!!;)
Thanks to everyone for your support, I don't think I would still be on this journey if I didn't have a lot of people in my corner cheering me on!
Gina

bejeweled*curves
09-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Hey Gigi, congratulations on 2 things, making your goal and making it to Onederland!! You go girl! :high: :woo: :hat: :cb: :cb: :cb:

dgpebbles
09-02-2006, 10:07 AM
gigis-congrats on reaching your goal...I don't think I'm going to make mine unless I have a huge next 3 days and loose 3lbs..lol..but at least I'm close

JasonsLea
09-03-2006, 05:10 PM
OH MY GOSH! Congrats Gina!

MyOwnSaboteur
09-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Hello fellow losers,

Once again a challenge has come to an end and I want to thank you all for your support, not only with the weight loss but also with the loss of my father. You are a fantastic bunch and it was such a pleasure being here!!

I have lost another 1.4 lbs which is great but not good enough to make my goal however I am still really pleased with my progress :)

Tomorrow I will jog over to the Halloween challenge and join everyone there!!

gigis, Congrats on making your goal, woohoo you go girl!!! Well done!!

Till tomorrow ladies....eat well and keep moving :carrot: !!!

bejeweled*curves
09-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Monica, see you at the other thread!

JasonsLea
09-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi all! My official Labor Day WI came in at 242.6 Thanks SO much for doing this challenge with me and I hope to see you on the Halloween thread! Love ya!