Support Groups - Miss F.A.T Challenge ~ 1 Week!

View Full Version : Miss F.A.T Challenge ~ 1 Week!

JasonsLea
07-09-2006, 07:21 PM
It's our last week ya'll! :carrot: I hope you all are doing fantastic! My gals who are lost, I hope you find us again! :hug:

Updated List (most recent WIs in bold):

Shari ~ 244.8
Courtnie ~ 188.4
Anguilla ~ 311
DC ~ 238
Cheryl ~ 207
Nola ~ 179
Wendy ~ 136
Korie ~ 175
Nikki ~ 188.5
Tricia ~ 258.5
Rosario ~ 232
Patty ~ 180
Gina ~ 205.5
707 ~ 185
Dinach ~ 230
Ellen ~ 230
Kim ~ 198
Jannelle ~ 205
Randee ~ 231
Stevi ~ 224.5
Donna ~ 162.6

JasonsLea
07-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Okay so after fluctuantely (sp?) between 248 and 245 for the past two weeks, my weight has came to a rest at 244.8...the exact same weight I was at about three weeks ago. Freakin weird. I have NO idea what's up with me. I can't seem to get below 244. I've heard of people having plateus after losing 30, 40, 50 lbs but the first 10?! OMG it would have to be me. I haven't even really started my WL and already I'm at a standstill. *sigh*

But on the bright side, the internet on my computer is back up. :D YAY! And I've officially finished my first two weeks at my new job. It's pretty cool there. I nearly blew a gasket when I discovered that my department has a rotating shift so every three months I'll have different days off. Right now I have Monday's and Tuesday's off. I was pissed because I thought it was a Monday-Friday shift. But I took a breath and thought about it. This could help me in the long run. How? See I love my friends and I love hanging out with them but when I'm with them, I don't watch what I eat or drink. With me working weekends now, I can't hang out with them which means I can stick to my diet! Believe me, I'm gonna miss hanging with my friends but **** I used to spend all my weekends at home when I was in high school and didn't really have any friends so I'll be okay. I'm going to be hanging out with most of them in three weeks for one last weekend bash for my birthday. We're spending the weekend in Atlanta, going to Six Flags and the Underground. I can't wait!

upswife
07-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Ok, I found the threads. I was in the other one, but DH was on vacation, and we did a ton of work around the house. I am up to 233, so I believe that is a three pound gain, but I will do better this week. I will also go join the labor day challenge, and maybe something will move by then.

Edit: OK, I weighed again today, and I must have been stressed, because I am back down. But I am still only down a pound 230, But it is definitely better than gaining

JasonsLea
07-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey Ellen! I'm glad you are doing so well. WOOOT 1 lb!

bejeweled*curves
07-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey Shari, Ellen! hope you guys are doing well. Hey, I'm gonna be going away to NY on thursday(13th), so I won't be weighing in again before this challenge is over. But I'll definitely try to catch up with you all in the labor day challenge thread when I return. I'll be back home on aug. 1st. So hopefully, by the time I get back for the labor day challenge, I'll be able to report that I finally made it to onederland! But you know how it goes when you're on vacation.
Shari, I'm gonna save the other thread to my subscriptions so I can find you guys when I get back. You guys keep rockin!!! much love, Jannelle

dustcatcher
07-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I weighed in a 238 today.

dustcatcher

JasonsLea
07-11-2006, 01:13 AM
Jannelle ~ Have fun on your trip!

DC ~ Your weight is at a standstill too?

dgpebbles
07-11-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm still the same 162.6..guess that cheat day on the 4th really did me in....I'm going to push hard this week to get back to where I was before vacation which means I need to lose 2lbs this week...I know I can do it if I get back into my exercise routine and stay OP eating this week...So NO cheat day this week...

JasonsLea
07-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Donna, I'm with you! No cheat days for me either!

sotypical
07-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Opps I forgot about this! Anyway I am down to 187 (but did see lower this morning) so that puts me at a loss of 1.4 total! yikes!

dustcatcher
07-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Yes Jasonslea my weight has been at a standstill for weeks! Very frustrating!

dustcatcher

JasonsLea
07-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Courtnie ~ WOOOOTTT! Congrats hun! And is that your puppy?! SOOOO cute!

DC ~ I'm pretty sure I've gained. So you are not alone!

JasonsLea
07-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Okay guys, as you can see at the bottom of my sig, I have been suckin so freakin hard my last couple of challenges. I've finally decided to bite the bullet and get my *** back to the WW meetings. I stopped going because I was working at a grocery store making minimum wage and I have bills to pay. But now I have a good paying job, I need to get back. I'm going to wait till they do that free registration thing again (yeah, I know, I am SO cheap!). I actually excited about going back. I'm thinking of going to a new meeting location because I've heard such good things about the leader and members. I'll let you all know when I do officially go back. :)

sotypical
07-13-2006, 01:40 PM
JasonsLea - yes that is my puppy, I should get her on the 29th!!!

I was down AGAIN this morning, looks like I might have a huge loss - my biggest yet - this week. I ate horrible last week and haven't been exercising, but I guess all that painting and moving really paid off!

JasonsLea
07-13-2006, 07:48 PM
OMG the 29th is my birthday! What are you gonna name her?

Wide in Winnipeg
07-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Blah!!! That's how I'm feelin' today!! I'm so freakin' bloated, and I don't know why!Hope I feel better tomorrow. Going to bed soon,
G'night

dgpebbles
07-14-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm still on track with eating..I have not cheated all week so now if I can make it 3 more days...I made a bet with my friend to start going back to the gym...we have to go at least 3 days a week and for every day that we miss we have to pay the other $5.00...I know I can do it..

Shari- gald to hear your going to start back up at your meetings....make sure to let us know how it goes...How is your no cheat week going?

sotypical-your puppy is so cute

JasonsLea
07-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Wendy, I hope you feel better too.

Donna, I've been doing alright so far. Yesterday was pizza night and I didn't have ANY. I went to bed before it came.

upswife
07-14-2006, 11:18 AM
GOod morning all!! Yesterday was not too bad, but DH wanted to go out, so we went aand had Mexican. I think I would have been fine, except he orders a pitcher of magaritas. Now keep in mind that we have our three kids with us, and that was it. I was a little floored, and a little buzzed by the time we got home. DH ususally doesn't drink during the week because of work, but has been really stressed, but I think a pitcher for two of us was a little unnessesary. I love my hubby, but thank goodness he does not do that all the time!!!

Going well today, will try to make it to the gym this afternoon with DH. We were going to take the kiddies swimming, but it is raining, so we will have to see what it turns into. If nothing else, maybe the inside pool will be open.

Have a great weekend!!

sotypical
07-14-2006, 12:33 PM
OMG the 29th is my birthday! What are you gonna name her?

haha the 23rd is mine! No idea yet... I have been thinking of lots tho!

gigis
07-14-2006, 04:10 PM
I forgot to check in this past week...today I was at 205.5. Need to really be good this weekend to get even close to my goal!Good luck everyone.

Courtnie...We used to have boston terrier dogs. One was named Tess, one ( a boy) was named Murphy. They are so cute!

Gina

JasonsLea
07-14-2006, 11:07 PM
GOod morning all!! Yesterday was not too bad, but DH wanted to go out, so we went aand had Mexican. I think I would have been fine, except he orders a pitcher of magaritas. Now keep in mind that we have our three kids with us, and that was it. I was a little floored, and a little buzzed by the time we got home. DH ususally doesn't drink during the week because of work, but has been really stressed, but I think a pitcher for two of us was a little unnessesary. I love my hubby, but thank goodness he does not do that all the time!!!

Going well today, will try to make it to the gym this afternoon with DH. We were going to take the kiddies swimming, but it is raining, so we will have to see what it turns into. If nothing else, maybe the inside pool will be open.

Have a great weekend!!

LMAO! You know, I've never had a margarita!

JasonsLea
07-14-2006, 11:08 PM
haha the 23rd is mine! No idea yet... I have been thinking of lots tho!

YAY for Leas! I'm going to be 20. Happy Early 21st! :carrot:

JasonsLea
07-14-2006, 11:08 PM
I forgot to check in this past week...today I was at 205.5. Need to really be good this weekend to get even close to my goal!Good luck everyone.

Courtnie...We used to have boston terrier dogs. One was named Tess, one ( a boy) was named Murphy. They are so cute!

Gina

YAY Gina! :carrot:

Wide in Winnipeg
07-15-2006, 03:46 AM
20, I can't even remember 20!!!! LOL!:D

JasonsLea
07-15-2006, 10:45 AM
20, I can't even remember 20!!!! LOL!:D

:lol:

JasonsLea
07-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Okay, did anyone watch Monique's Fat Chance tonight? OMG those red dresses were SO kickass! If I could find out where they are sold, I would buy one...or at least a cheap imitation of one! :lol: I loved the pagent, it gave me such a boost even though one of my faves didn't make it to the top five. :( But god, did you see that horrible green dress that the second place woman chose?! I'm sorry but :barf: ! Ewww!

Today was a busy, busy day for me. I had to work then I had to drive across town to the only WW meeting that meets on Saturdays so I could use my coupon for free registration (which expired today!), then I had to go to an eye exam at America's Best and guess what? I GOT MY CONTACTS! YAy! They're just the regular ones, I'm going to order color ones after my two week check up. Still haven't decided what color I'm gonna get. I had planned on doing my grocery shopping but Nikki (best friend/ impromptu chaffurer (sp?) wasn't feeling well so she said she will take me tomorrow. I'm trying to get a feel for my contacts. This is the very first time I've ever wore them, I've been in glasses my whole life. So this will be an experience!

Since Mama won't let me drive her car till I get my license, I'm going to have to suffer through these boring meetings at the WW near my house until I learn how to back out and park. I'm slapping myself already. We weigh in there on Thursdays but I'm gonna weigh in myself on Tuesdays cause that's the day they weigh in at the meeting in Hueytown that I WILL go to once I get my license.

Hope everyone's doing okay! For those who haven't, don't forget to join my Labor Day Challenge! Oh yeah, I am TOTALLY pimpin! LOL

gigis
07-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Shari - I saw an ad for Moniques show but forgot to watch it! Is it done or is it gonna have more shows?
Glad to hear you're getting the contacts you wanted. I had contacts for years and years,until about 4 years ago I had that Lasik surgery, it was the best thing I ever did. I went from 20/200 vision to 20/15. LOVE it.
I didn't quite make it to my goal. But I did at least get to where I'm now down 20 pounds (now am 203). It took me 7 months, but hey , whatever, it's still 20 lbs.! I am so close to ONEderland I can taste it (it doesn't taste like ice cream?) but this is SO hard!:dizzy:
I think I'll sign up for your Labor Day challenge! thanks for doing this!!:hug:
---Gina

sotypical
07-17-2006, 01:48 PM
YAY for Leas! I'm going to be 20. Happy Early 21st! :carrot:

Happy early birthday to you too! I wish I was turning 20 again!

JasonsLea
07-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Gina ~ Congrats! I do think that there will be another pagent next year. I hope so. So far the contacts have been okay. I have to buy eye drops cause my eyes get dry real quick.

Courtnie ~ Did you make your goal?

ANGUILLADREAM
07-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey girls...Ugh I really overextended when I set my goal...I never knew "true" weight loss took this much work and had this much fluctuation..between the stalling, one cheat day where for some insane reason I had to have PizzaHut...I am still only at 308....so only a 5lb weight loss for the challenge. I had set my goal at 15 and I was wondering why some of you only set your goal at 5...I thought it was too low...but noe I see that was a totally realistic expectation. My birthday is this Sat the 22nd. Ill be 34. I refuse to see 35 at this current weight. And I will join the Labor Day challenge and every challenge after that with all the girls on this wonderful website until we meet our goals. My motto is that youre never a loser until you quit....

dgpebbles
07-18-2006, 08:38 AM
hey ladies...I'm down 2.4lbs this week which puts me at 160.2...I'm glad to finaly see my scale moving again....

sotypical
07-18-2006, 10:00 AM
My orginal goal was 170 but I knew months ago I would never make that, so I changed it to 180. I need to lost 2.6 pounds this week to make my birthday goal! I am going to do my best but I think there might be a few days this week where I go over calories. One is the day at work when we have birthday cake for the month - I always skip it but I think this month I deserive a piece! haha

ANGUILLADREAM
07-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Today is the birthday cake day at my job...nd everyone is clamoring over the fact that Im not going to have any. I mean, yes granted that this is my birthday month, I am desperately trying to cling to the notion that the best gift I can give myself is not eating the cake, or the Edy's ice cream....thats what the skinny me is trying to hold on to...the fat me....is trying to beat her over the head with the cake slicer!!!! Ill check in on my next break to tell you guys how its going.....

sotypical
07-18-2006, 11:56 AM
ANGUILLADREAM - grats on your for not having any cake. I figure I deserve a piece, even if I just eat half. I have to eat like I am going to eat for the rest of my life... and there will always be cake on my birthday! haha

ANGUILLADREAM
07-18-2006, 12:57 PM
No applause yet girlfriend...its only 12:56p and Im stuck here with the darncake and ice cream until 5:30p. I feel like I deserve some...Im rationalizing the whole situation inside and out...I dont know....maybe a sliver???? Ill check back in in 2 hours....

JasonsLea
07-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Donna ~ YAY!

Courtnie ~ You are SO close!

Anguilla ~ You can do it!

ANGUILLADREAM
07-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Ok girls, I did it...I didnt eat the cake yesterday.:carrot:. It was definitely a triumph. I guess I can use the fact that I didnt eat it (even though I had every fat girl reason in the world to do so) as a marker for every other temptation Ill have to face. So even though the scale didnt do what I wanted it to do for this challenge, I definitely learned a thing or two about my ability to withstand so-called temptation

sotypical
07-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Wooo! Congrats!!!!

sotypical
07-19-2006, 01:50 PM
I guess this challenge is over!

JasonsLea
07-19-2006, 09:57 PM
YAY Anguilla! And yeah, this challenge is over. Hope to see you all at my Labor Day Challenge!