Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2006, 09:03 AM   #1  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

Default Attention from men

One of the things that came up a few times on our wish lists was attention from men. Even from those of us who are married. I find that I really need to get that attention from men other than my husband. I work with mostly men and although they are mostly older and not attractive, I want them to be checking me out!!! I have had conversations with a few of them about who they think is attractive at work and while there aren't a whole lot of woman to choose from, I never really felt I was on their lists. I wanna be the "hot girl".

Am I alone in this?
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Nope, you're not alone. I'm totally with you.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I get a lot of attention from older men, now. I am married, but the attention is still nice. DH isn't jealous, he just gets a kick out of it. All his male co-workers tell him I look "hot" and he just laughs and says he loves it. Men and women alike , now look me in the face. I'm no longer ignored. I had a teenage boy say to me last night at the store "what up B, you sure are looking fine". I ignored him, this is not the type of attention I want.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #4  
mom2cole

Nope you are not alone, but I am getting closer to getting more attention from guys that are not over the age of 70!! A co-worker was telling me the other day how he needed someone to massage his back every night before bed because he has been having back problems. The way he was talking I think he might have been flirting, but I cut that off quick since I am happily married!!!
mom2cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:17 PM   #5  
Lovin' being Vegan

S/C/G: 168/153/135

I have only lost like 12 pounds but my hubby says that it has made a huge diffrence. and i thhink hes right. i see guys checking me out more now. and he loves it. he likes having a hot wife. lol. i like to get compliments from other men, i love my hubby, but i never know if what he is saying is to be nice or if he really means it. so the compliments from others gives me confidence.

lillybelle- i had to laugh at that teenager. LOL. I had some guy come up to me and say "do you know Jessica?" ( i am dont know anyone, i just moved here btw) so i say "no" and he keeps swearing that he saw me at some party at "jessicas" i keep saying, uh...no. and i walk away. then he goes "oh, its like that?" and im all "im married" and i walk away. so that jessica thing was a total line. lol. more creative than some ive heard. lol.
Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori
i like to get compliments from other men, i love my hubby, but i never know if what he is saying is to be nice or if he really means it. so the compliments from others gives me confidence.
I think that's part of why so many enjoy it. Heck, I'm happily married to, but inwardly, I really really enjoy hearing a whistle. Haven't heard one since practically high school. It just reinforces that I'm doing something right. I didn't do it FOR those whistles, or those compliments. But the whistles and compliments are reinforcement that I DID do it.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:42 PM   #7  
Lovin' being Vegan

S/C/G: 168/153/135

thats right! i agree with you. it does motivate me though. its nice to be the one being looked at. i have had 2 kids, so it really makes me feel good. lol
Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/223.2/135

Umm... I don't know. I'd have to think about it. I would like to not be thought of as the old fat white lady. But that might just be my imagination anyway.
amberzade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:14 AM   #9  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Oh **** yes! I like being a friend to men but I'd really like to be thought of as something more. I think that with the weight loss I'll become more confident and that will somehow make me look different and hopefully more attractive.

I have to say that even though I am NOT doing this for the male attention, I WILL be bummed if I don't get any attention AFTER losing all the weight...
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Yup, we all need that attention. It's women's nature...lol. My hubby made me feel great the other day when he told me that I walked by him out in public the other day and he didn't realize it was me and was checking me out, then he saw my face and realized it was me...hehe.

I'm new at my job, so none of the guys have had a chance to see me at my heaviest, but I notice them looking sometimes. With my luck though, they're the types to prefer thicker women and they're just enjoying that...lol.

Lily, a guy I work with called me 'mommy' or 'mami' (he's hispanic...my best friend is Puerto Rican and says it was a compliment...lol) the other night and I wasn't sure how to react. I just smiled and kept going pretty much..lol...not sure if that's the kind of attention I want either. Alot of chatter around me in Spanish that I can't understand and grinning in my direction...I'm not sure how I feel about this...lol.

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #11  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Quote:
i love my hubby, but i never know if what he is saying is to be nice or if he really means it. so the compliments from others gives me confidence.
I understand what you are saying 100%. I think almost the same thing about my DH. I feel that of course he means what he says but he loves me.
When guys that I don't know all that well flirt makes my confidence soar!
My DH doesn't seem to mind it at all, he says he makes him feel good that what they want he has.
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #12  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

once when my DH and I stopped at a store , I stayed in the car and he went inside. A man of about 60 yrs. old walked over to the car and said "My wife there thinks your husband has the nicest Butt she's ever see". When I told my DH this, he just laughed. Now that's some good attention. ( Can't say I haven't noticed his Butt, I think I knew how great it was before I knew his eye color).lol
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

Since losing the weight that I have I totally love it when a guy complements me, I might not be intrested but they have definately made my day!
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #14  

Height: 5'9

I absolutely LOVE the attention and I would be lying if I said that I didn't! I am very happily married, but who doesn't want to be treated like a sexy woman?! I get compliments all the time, I have doors held for me, etc. I'll even go to pay for my coffee in Wawa in the morning, only to get to the cashier and find out that it's been paid for! Guys try to pick me up at bars now and it's so liberating to say, "Sorry, I'm married". I do have to say that I love teasing guys now because I know I'm hot, I know they want me, but there's not a damn thing they can do about it. It makes me feel powerful in a way. It's amazing how differently I'm treated now!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:24 PM   #15  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

I must be one of the few who does not like the attention. I am engaged and I guess I feel like I get all I need from my fiance. At work it is the worst, I wish guys could see past my gender and my appearance and judge me based on my intelligence or work ethic instead. In public it can be either annoying, or just okay. I don't mind getting a few looks when I am *with* my fiance, and I hope he likes it then too, but on my own it just makes me feel objectionized. I am losing the weight to feel good about myself and I understand there are consequences to that I just try to curb it as best as I can.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote