Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #14

View Full Version : Back in Kindergarten #14

jules1216
07-09-2006, 08:07 AM
WELCOME to Back In Kindergarten #14 to anyone reading this!

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......~

Come and join us, All are welcome!!
:dancer: :flow2: :flow1: :grouphug: :goodvibes :high: :balloons: :comp: :gossip: :sunny: :cheer: :cofdate:

:welcome:

jules1216
07-09-2006, 08:08 AM
I am not as smart as SuzyQ so you'll have to go back to read anything you missed in #13!!

RosieKate
07-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Good morning!

Don't have much to say; I just happened to be up at 5 am. So here I am

Got on the scale and I am back to square one...but I am not surprised. I do feel a bit bloated from all the overindulgence yesterday, so I'll drink lots of water today and stick to the food plan (no chips, missy) I hope to get to my yoga class today...always feel good after that.

FrouFrou
07-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi Ladies...

Not feeling much like posting today but wanted to check in and say Hi :wave:

It is a rainy day and I just want to crawl back into bed and sleep all day. Was on the verge of going back to sleep when DD thought she needed to bug me, lol. She was bored so thought I should entertain her! Anyway...V and I did a 1.5 mile walk this morning before getting rained on. Glad it wasn't a down pour and we cut the walk short. Just barely made it home before it started.

{{{{{JULES}}}}}hope DH isn't being an @$$ today and you guys made up. :val2: :val2:

Well, off to get laundry done today and go back to bed and read the newspaper and then my book.

Have a good day ladies!

Scuzin
07-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Happy Sunday

Don't think I'll be getting any exercise today, and Sunday means my brother comes over and a big dinner so food may not go well either...but I'll drink a lot of water.

Bad news is its TOM today...good news is that since I weighed yesterday, that extra pound may not have been "gained" so much as "retained" if you know what I mean ;)

jules1216
07-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi all, moved gf's big pieces and some little stuff to DS's apt. She needs to go pack some more and is taking some stuff up to her grandmothers house to keep in an inside room. I told her I could help in the evenings.

Got home and yes DH and I made up. We can't seem to stay to mad at each other for too long.

Making chili and cornbread muffins for dinner!!

Mom2Gaby
07-09-2006, 03:48 PM
I might be *smart* Jules but I am lazy. I ain't going back to read nothing!! haha - tell hubby he better be nice to you or there will be some very angry chickies on your front porch!! :D
No chips Katy?? I already had a handful of cheetos and a slurpee. I will be careful the rest of the day.
Sassy - mango is so good! You should try or kiwi.....yum.
Susan/NYC - how was the yard work yesterday? It is suppose to be hotter today.
Michelle - where are you??? Hope you are well and staying cool.
Bep- Itching still?? :) the old baking sode probably will work the best!
Shawna - when do you go back to work?
Kathy - how are you today?? Hugs to Cole!
Cristi - yes.....you are last missy!! lol - very impressed with your walking!! I meant to ask what book you were reading? Come back and post more!! I will have *Cristi withdrawels* if you don't! Hi to Vince!

Gaby and I had scrambled eggs forbreakfast and the handful of cheetos. ..put a load of laundry in and went to the dog park, bought a slurpee - things we do every day.....a book to read sounds good....any suggestions?? The wading pool sounds like the next thing on agenda,,,,,,

chat later - hope you all have a good day!

Sassy_Chick
07-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Good Sunday Afternoon Ladies!

Awwwwww But Suzy Q you missed my "Waltons Goodnight". :cry: lol.

I like Kiwi, I will try mango one day I'm sure. lol.

For me its off to work soon...............

I hope you all have a Great Sunday Evening! ;)

Mom2Gaby
07-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Jules - just missed you! I am glad you and hubby made up :o Chili sounds good and I love hot cornbread with - ummm, butter......oink, oink....just piggy today too I guess....
This lady in the area is starting her daycare - charges 25 a day....I pay 15 right now. ,,,if I moved over there I would save on the commute and time in travel too. I don't want to pay $500 in daycare...*sigh*...

anway, just thinking out loud!!

TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN!!!!! :dance:

Mom2Gaby
07-09-2006, 04:19 PM
I just missed you Sassy!!! :D

I did go back and read the Walton good night :dance:.....which leads to the question (hey in my mind!!! :chicken: ) "which Walton boy would you have wanted a tumble in bed with??".....hands down,,,,John Boy!!

anyway....you need to try the mango Sassy!! :) Have a good day at work!

chickiemama67
07-09-2006, 06:36 PM
well i got to get out of the house for a couple days, we went to north carolina for the weekend to a church camp meeting that my in-laws do every year. the girls have all been going since they were babies. this is the first year i have been able to go in forever. back to work tomorrow....blah. hope everybody has had a great weekend, i will check back later.
shawna

Sassy_Chick
07-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Suzy Q! :rofl: You always give me a good laugh! ;)

Hmmmmmmm which Walton boy would I want to tumble with? Hmmmmm I would have to say Ben. You know those red heads are firecrackers! ;) :lol:

RosieKate
07-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Sassy and SuzyQ- all this Walton talk has me confoosed - my parents got rid of our tv when I was 7 and I lived tv free for most of the 70s - I missed the whole Walton's thing....Big gap in my cultural knowledge base...I don't know who any of the boys are, but, you know, I was so boy crazy growing up I suppose any one of them would do :o ( Does he have a pulse...hehe)

Shawna - camp sounds so fun - too bad you gotta go back to work

Jules - So glad you and the hubby made up :) Men - can't live with them, can't shoot 'em

Cristina - hope you had a nice relaxing day

Susan/NYC - hope you had fun with your brother...TOM WI's don't count....right? At least that's what I tell myself....

Ok - took a big step today...don't know if it will come to anything, but I'll tell you all about it and keep you posted. I signed up for a weight loss study that is being conducted via my health insurance company and the local health sciences university. They want to study the effects of how an Atkins style diet compares to a high carb-lowfat diet. I would be committing to a diet - they would choose which one and I would stick to it for three years under full medical supervision, weight loss counseling, and some group exercise. I filled out the questionnaire and realized pretty quickly that because I am a very healthy fat person that I would be a good candidate. I underwent the telephone screening and qualified for a full screening which will take a full day up at the university hospital. I go to an Orientation on August 16. In some ways I can't believe I did this...but I have been stuck for so long gaining and losing the same 10 pounds, and I need to lose about 50 when all is said and done. I felt, well, why not? Both diet approaches have their supporters and detractors and as long as I am medically supervised I would feel comfortable taking the plunge with either approach. So there it is.. I will keep you posted as it progesses... After the full screen I will either qualify or not then the program starts in November.

Nighty-night gals!

Sassy_Chick
07-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Hi Ya Katy! Oh that is okay. You know you can get caught up with the Waltons now, they are on Hallmark and I think even Tvland channels + on DVDS. lol.

Good Luck with your WL Study!

suetalks
07-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Okay....you gals can run, but you can't hide from super sleuth. I decided to pop over and say "hi" to those I know and "pleased to meet ya" to those I don't. Cristi, Susan, Katy...found ya, huh? :p

Hope to talk to all of you again soon! :hug:

Sue

luckycharm
07-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Good Evening Everyone.

First of all Michelle ((((MMMMIIIICCCHHEELLLEEE)))) where are you. Its time to come and play in kindergarten.

Suzy I would have to say Jason Walton was the hot one. How are the girls doing tonight. Did you know that on July 11 here in Canada anyway it is free Slurpee Day? Better come for a visit.

Cristi are you feeling better? Did you get to have a little sleep this afternoon? I wanted one, but didn't get to have one. I should have asked DD to watch DS so that I could have. Glad that you got a little walk in before it rained.

Shawna, glad that you got to go away for a few days to camp. It will make it all the more difficult to get up in the morning and go back to work.

Katy that is kind of exciting. Which diet do you hope that you get? I think that it should help being commited to it for 3 years. How did you hear about this study?

NYC Susan has was the dinner with the family? How many are in your family? Hope that you all had fun. And did you get to drink all your water? I have a real problem trying to get all my water in.

Jules glad that you made up. The kids will have to take you out for dinner, or cook you a nice one for all the work that you did for them. They will probably though just show up at your house for you to cook for them. :lol:

Sassy is your work week Sunday night to Thursay night? Or do you work some weekends also? Hope that you have a nice quiet night at work.

Hi Sue, nice to see you. Pop in more often.

Bep I hope that you are feeling better. Keep us posted. Maybe we will all have to send you chocolates until you are better.

Well here is the new news for the weekend. We got a pet goat. A goat that is going to have a baby anyday. Wow they make better pets than dogs. It has taken a special liking to Cole. Cole put the dogs leash on her and they spent alot of the day walking around they yard. Tonight when we were putting him to bed, he wanted to go out to the barn and check on her. Its so cute.

Ok I must run and get to bed.

Chat with you all later.

Kathy

Sassy_Chick
07-10-2006, 12:36 AM
"Sassy is your work week Sunday night to Thursay night? Or do you work some weekends also? Hope that you have a nice quiet night at work."

Reverse that. lol. I work Thursdays thru Sunday nights. 6 p.m. - 4 a.m. Eastern Time. That is my set schedule I work that every single week. ;)

Awwwwwww I remember when I was a kid a family friend raised goats and my mom and grandma would take my cousin and me to see the baby goats......soooooooooo cute! :love:

Have a good night's sleep!

bep
07-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Ok all...one of my favorite quotes is "to thine own self, be true"....so...here I am...being true to self! I gained...yup...gained 5 lbs between this past week and the week before. *gulp* I know probably the majority of this is water, but also know it will probably take about all this week to get rid of it so I had to suck it up and change my siggy...and my avatar *sigh*. I honestly feel so sick! Last night I couldn't quite find what I was hungry for so I started with a bowl of soup...only ate 2-3 bites and didn't want it...so I kept moving on to other foods and grazing around until I was full. About a half hour later, I realized I was OVER full. When I went to bed, I was nausiated. It had been a long time since I had eaten that much. I seriously wanted to puke but I didn't want to become bulemic. I took some tums and sat up playing solitare in bed for an hour or so until the feeling subsided. My question to myself is...WHAT THE STINK WAS I THINKING????!!!!! I even had some chips & cheese and cookies last night! I know better than to eat that stuff!!!! Yucky!!!!!

I need a serious butt-whooping for the last couple weeks! I am disgusted with myself!

I started myself back on the right track today. Fruit&Grain cereal bar (120 cals) and a tall cup of water for breakfast. I am going to keep it between 1200 - 1400 cals a day this week and get all the extra exercise in that I possibly can. I have GOT to get rid of this crappy feeling before it sucks me down the toilet!

bep
07-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Did the WATP 1-mile to get moving for the day! :running: :lifter:

jules1216
07-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Kathy--you know my kids so well!!! I even cooked on Mother's Day:yikes: DD did tell me that she will take me to our fave restaurant in the town she now lives.....we can walk there..

Bep--don't get discouraged, you have been doing so super good and you will again!! :carrot:

Sassy-you can have Ben and SuzyQ can have JohnBoy--I have to go with Katy--I liked the youngest - Jason!!

Sue - Hi there!! You should get your private eye credentials!!

Katy-- well, I could shoot him--he does have guns:devil: ......but I couldn't....even when I am mad enough to spit fire..sigh...I still love him....

Shawna--my in-laws lived in Murphy NC--the kids loved going there every year--they spent three weeks every summer and always go a trip to Dollywood!!

SuzyQ- I was out when DH got back and he had called DD to see if I was there and she let him have it...He did say he was sorry....

SusanNYC--how did dinner with your brother go???

Cristina--Where are you!! Does V have you doing hard labor again or is he keeping you occupied in other ways!:o

Michelle ma belle--where are you hiding?? Do we have to send SuzyQ, SusanNYC & Katy out to find you!!

RosieKate
07-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Good Morning!

Kathy - Well, I can live with either diet...Maybe I would try the Atkins just out of curiosity - since it seems to provoke strong opinions in people. I figured that since it medically supervised that I would be ok with either.

Sue - Welcome - you found us! hiding in plain sight, you see - lol! How's the house coming?

Hi to everyone else - I'll bbl to chat more, but now I have to get the day going. DD is off to soccer camp, DD has swimming lessons. Drywall guys are supposedly coming to finish the walls this morning.....It is starting to look finished - I can't believe it

Back later chickies
K

jules1216
07-10-2006, 10:30 AM
UUUGGGGHHHH!! I am up two pounds!!!! :faint:

EDITED--TYPO--IT WAS 4 POUNDS NOT 2!!!!
(I am apparently in denial and can't even type it!!!):dizzy:

Could be that I haven't been to the gym in almost three weeks with chest pains and stress and painting and packing and moving KIDS!!!! Cristina I told you you got to keep going to It figures--the fat comes back if you don't!!!!

I have to take some me time and get to Slim-N-Tone!! And on my exercise ball and back to my tapes (I may even sneak in a session or two of the dreaded tanning beds my DH hates me to use)
:running: :workout: :belly:

bep
07-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Had a snack: 12 grain toast (80 cals)

Just jogged around the house with 3 lb weights for about 7 min - I know...not long, but I am just trying to keep moving as much as I can.

Scuzin
07-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Good morning

Had a nice dinner last night with the fam, but of course had too much of it. Since I weighed in Friday I'm going to wait till NEXT monday to weigh in again and I can see (hopefully) some real progress by then.

Bep - don't get discouraged! I know all too well how you feel, but don't beat yourself up too much. I know it will come back off!

Katy - that study actually sounds like a great opportunity. I'm not sure about the diets themselves...but the resources that will be available sound amazing. I'm a little jealous :P

Have a great day all! Gotta Jog!

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 11:29 AM
lol...............ugh, gotta go to the bathroom! You guys crack me up!!

FrouFrou
07-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Just a quick HI this morning for now ladies :wave:

Wanted to check in for WI day and I am happy to say I am at the same. Very happy about that, thought for sure I would have seen a gain with the way I ate last week and the lack of exercise. I did get some in, but not near enough, or so I thought. Already started the day off with a 1.5 mile walk. Anyway...headed out the door to It Figures and when I get back I have some house cleaning to get done...BBL

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 12:10 PM
ugh *&%$#@* .....I lost my post!

I don't have time now, I have to send eviction letters out!!! ugh.....

Hi Sue :) you are an awesome PI :D....and Bep please take down that Piggy avatar! 5 pounds ain't nuthin! *cough.....I just lost 2 last week...*cough - almost feel bad about that....*cough.....I will gain back ok?? Promise.....lol

Katy - is it too late for the diet research?? I wanna try to do that! Be awesome support.....

chat in a bit,,,,,have to look busy ......

jules1216
07-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Cristina--you are sssooooo close to oneunderland!!!

SuzyQ--what are you saying....we make you have to go to the bathroom???.....

SusanNYC--you are doing so great with your jogging!!

Katy--how exciting--drywall then paint and carpet (I think) --you'll be done before you know it. Are you still going to the yoga class??

Lean Cuisine for lunch, egg salad and lettuce for breakfast--drinking my water...going to S-N-T tonight--I have been taking my vitamins everyday too....

bep
07-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Jules...I just saw your edit. Looks like we're in the same boat.

SuzyQ...I will NOT take down the avatar!!! I have been a piggy and must wear the brand until I get myself back under control!!! Let the punishment fit the crime!

Lunch: 300 cals! Did some more jogging around.

SHAKE THOSE JIGGLY BITS!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

jules1216
07-10-2006, 12:25 PM
SuzyQ--you better look busy girlie or your annoying coworker might bring in his psycho girlfriend to see you (does she still have a restraining order???)

My talkative coworker is back and driving me nuts--she goes on and on about peolpe that I don't even know.....I am ready to gag her!!

jules1216
07-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Jules...I just saw your edit. Looks like we're in the same boat.

SuzyQ...I will NOT take down the avatar!!! I have been a piggy and must wear the brand until I get myself back under control!!! Let the punishment fit the crime!

Lunch: 300 cals! Did some more jogging around.

SHAKE THOSE JIGGLY BITS!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Bep: I'll be a piggy with you!!! I wish I had my pig's arms though--mine flap!!! Probably could be used for water floatation devices along with the built in intertube around my hips!!

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 12:45 PM
:censored: :censored: :censored: I keep losing my post!! I am sooooo mad!!!

Bep :coach: This little piggy went to market......(which is not a good place to be!!) so you think shame will get you back in track?? hmmm, I think we should stand behind Bep and we all should change our avatars to pigs!! I am going to look for mine right now.....like I have nothing else to do.....hehe.....be back......:hug:

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 12:48 PM
I am soooo mad!! It was my idea first Jules!! lol....awesome minds think alike.....*whatever...if I didn't have to work I would have been ahead of you... :dizzy:

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Dang - how come Miss Piggy looks so darn good?? I am not even that perky....ugh!!

Katy- if I lose this post, I shall come unglued!! Is it possible to still be part of the study?? I would love to join!! wah....

Welcome Sue......what is new with you?? Nothing much here! lol Pick a crisis, any crisis....I am fine....

Susan/ NYC - Did you say what was for dinner? I have been waiting,,,,,lol wah...

Cristi - come back and chat!!

Michelle - John Boy is MINE!! I don't know where you are but you better not be on Waltons Mountain,.............ugh, that sounds so wrong.....lmao...

I better go work,,,,,I had really stong coffee - waaaay giddy and I *giggle*....chow!!

jules1216
07-10-2006, 01:56 PM
SuzyQ-- It's kinda scary how much we think alike!! You know I just found out yesterday from my brother that one of my friends might be my half sister--Dad slept with half the women in the area of the town we lived and who knows where else--whenever my brother or I dated anyone he wanted to know the parents--now I know why!!! --I think Erin Walton might have been one of his kids--he was a truck driver and may have passed through OR..... you never know...your Miss Piggy looks Xrated--you might be censored--this is a Walton rated website missy!! I'm working too--two people are overlapping vacation on last Thursday and today so I am having to answer my line and the other!! I may be going crazy by the end of the day.....(It will be a very short trip!!) Then the coworker that never shuts up!!!! HELP!!! Calgon take me away....good thing the DR gave me the anti-anxiety pills!!

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Jules You think Ms Piggy is x rated?? It is a Muppet!! Suzanne just emailed that she liked my hair do....hehe....
*stomp hooves* I will go look for another one. I am just trying to support Sister Bep :hug:
My ex is on the phone, I am sooooooo stressed....listening to him......that is kind of interesting about your father. Does your friend look like you?? where was dad in 64??? Maybe we are sisters??? :dizzy: ;) :hug:

jules1216
07-10-2006, 02:40 PM
I think your Miss Piggy is cute doing her Tara Reid impression!!! Are there any more from where that came from--we gotta support Beppie!! Can't lose any of our little group!!! What's really funny is the girl's name is April and yes we were asked constantly if we were sisters. The sad thing is I love her Dad and Mom, they were the coolest parents of all!! I'll have to do a little research of his whereabouts in 1964!!! Ask your mom if she knew a trucker named Wayne!!

jules1216
07-10-2006, 03:12 PM
SuzyQ-I see that your Miss Piggy went from impersonating Tara Reid to now a re-enactment of the wardrobe malfunction of Janet Jackson at the Superbowl....

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Who is Tara Reid? This is my Ms Piggy Janet Jackson (even says so on the link - lol ) Tons of Ms Piggys out there Jules.......
I just feel so weird today......I called on the apt and he hasn't called back yet.Must not have gotten the message??? maybe I will try again in a bit. ..
You done with your housecleaning yet Cristi? You always do so good on your walking, jealous.
Katy- can't believe you didn't have tv and missed out on the Waltons! I would not go to bed with Ben.....who said they would??? I think John Boy was the sexy one....he wore suspenders - you know what THAT means...:o

Lunch time !! thank goodness...

jules1216
07-10-2006, 03:19 PM
SuzyQ--Tara Reid is a party girl--did a few movies--can't name any, but there was this time when she was being photgraphed and she dropped her fur of her shoulder and the shoulder of the dress went with it!! Looked like your first avatar....You are going to have to PM me to explain what the suspenders mean--my DH wears them sometimes and so does his 95 year old grandpa!!

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 03:21 PM
ugh - you are always posting before me Jules!!! You think your brain works faster?? My comp is sooo slow......
I think I need a pot of coffee......

Michelle!!! Get in here! Starting to piss me off!! lol

:welcome3: :dance: Sue it is nice to have you here.

ugh,,,,,,,,,,,,,my co worker just got here,,,,ugh...

you did it again Jules.....you don't know what the suspenders mean?? :dance:

FrouFrou
07-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi Ladies...

KATY...I think the study sounds awesome. I would love to do something like that, just not three years. That seems like a long time. I do hope you get excepted. Woohoo, drywall! :cp: Getting that much closer to being done! Now have you guys painted the outside of the house yet? Can't wait to see what it looks like.

HI SUE...glad to see you found us! How's the new house coming along and the sell of your home? Any serious buyers yet, or offers? Seems like it has slowed down around here a little.

JULES...glad you and hubby made up. :love: No, V didn't have me doing things again, lol. He actually never asks me for help, I offer because I enjoy doing this sort of stuff. I must say though that this patio cover really kicked both our butts. Guess we are just getting too old, lol. Oh, I don't plan on not going to It Figures...although, I did take last week off. I did get some walking in though so I didn't completely put off all exercise. Just didn't do what I should have. But it worked out because doing the staining I think helped me not gain. I went this morning and it too almost kicked my butt. I started out slow and didn't really want to do it but by the time I was on my second time around I got a burst of energy!

BEP...no one is a pig here, well, except for Miss. Piggy. I think once in a while we all have a week or weeks like that. But you know what you did and you are getting back on track. You've been doing great so try not to get too discouraged. :hug:

SHAWNA...glad you got a break and had a few days to do nothing, rather relax some.

SUSAN/NYC...glad you had a nice dinner with the family.

SUZYQ...you crack me up! :lol: That avatar of Miss Piggy is hilarious! And I think I am jealous, lol! Tell the ex to bug off all ready, jk. I know you guys have to communicate because of the girls. Speaking of the girls...how are they doing? How is Rachel doing since being home? And how is Rebecca doing, is she still getting along with Rachel? John Boy???? Eeeewwww...never could get past that icky mole on his face.

MICHELLE...hope all is well with you and yours in your little corner of the world. Did you have a fun weekend?

Anyway, went to It Figures and as I told Jules, I was kind of dragging when I got there and started. Didn't really want to work out. But I did and by the second time around I had a burst of energy. Probably shouldn't walk before going there. :dunno: Also got the house cleaned-love a clean house! Have some candles burning and it smells and looks good. Washing a load of clothes as I am typing. And that's about all I have. Going to have to go and find me some new avatars for sure.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Cristi ,
Your candle burning sounds so peaceful. I could never do that.... lol
What book were you reading??
My girls....Rach called last night at 5 am - she was having a panic attack at her friends home so her dad went and picked her up. Seems odd though....makes me wonder about drugs or drinking. Why is she awake at 5am?? It is a good house, the mother is on top of everything, so I where she was spending the night was fine.
Overall I think she has done super, maybe I am reading too much into it?? who knows....
Rebecca is a pill....she is always fighting with the baby....

Maybe we are just dragging on Monday?? I can't wake up and I went to bed at 8:30...lol......anyway- going to call that landlord now....

Sassy_Chick
07-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Hey Girlies.........

I changed my Avatar too...........Okay so she's not Miss Piggy, but hey pretty darn cute! ;)

And I picked Ben because he was a red head and you know what they say about red heads! ;) Jason was too gangly! lol.

Okay so we picked which guy we'd be with on the Waltons, but what about the Brady Bunch?

Have a Great Day Ya'all!

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 04:36 PM
I am back! I love coffee!! wee!! :dance: ok, one more day of Ms Piggy and I am going back to Napoleon! I can't stand it,,,,,,I need a tot,,,,ugh.

I agree Bep - don't be discouraged!! Your weight loss journey is for the rest of your life. Little pot holes in the road mean nothing - just have to hang on for the bumpy ride....*sniff*

I called the landlord and he was busy shipping stuff. He works - this apt thing is a side business - so we left it at him calling me by 4 pm or for sure showing me tomorrow the unit. anyway - I think he sounds nice and 40ish,,,,,think he is married??

anywho.....chat later.....

RosieKate
07-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Oops! gotta change my siggy 'cause I am up one pound..waaaah

Susan - I pmed you some contact info for the study. Love Miss Piggy's wardrobe malfunction! Do you think she's had some work done? I mean given how old she is - shouldn't they be sagging a little? Ok - I am too sheltered, but Suspenders? I think I get the red-head remark...;)

Susan/NYC - I agree that the diets each have their own pros and cons, that's for sure. I decided to take the plunge because I knew there would be lots of support, medical and otherwise. I don't know that I would do them on my own. I have done high carb-low fat in the past and I never lost weight with it. I could never eat portions small enough. It will be interesting to see how this ends up.

Cristina - yay for staying the same...I wish that was my story this week - waaah. We will be painting the exterior of the house sometime in August. I'll post some before/after for you to look at. I think it will be a big change.

Jules - Yay drywall! The light at the end of the tunnel....we will be working on the bathroom next, then painting and floors. Marmoleum in the family room and wool carpet in the bedroom. DH says we are moving in by Labor Day - and he just may be right about that one.

Bep - don't let one bad WI get you down - I should take that advice...it's just one week and we did just have a holiday...we are all going to kick butt this week!

Hi Michelle and Sassy and Kathy and everyone else! I'm off to change tthe siggy (sniff)

jules1216
07-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Katy--Don't change your siggy!! I love all the actual pictures!!

I messed up with the Walton Boys--I liked Jim-Bob the youngest--all the Brady boys were gross, but give me the brothers from Big Valley--Nick, Heath and Jared!!

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Sassy - As far as the Brady Bunch guys go Greg :o - HOT,HOT,HOT did you see how Alice was always drooling over him?? She was so sick. lol - oops - almost spit my coffee all over the keyboard.....very cute pig!! :ink: :ink:

Katy - I was joshing about the suspenders. Unless someone knows something I don't know?? lol....Thanks for the information! I called and left a message. I think I will email too!

I am hungry! I have no money! All I have is coffee!! My mom said "stop being a victim Susan!"....ouch,,,,,whatEVER....lol

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Jules - our brain just split! What do you mean the Brady boys were gross??? Greg was HOT in those polyester pants! Big Valley?? lol........Bonanza was Little Joe and Pa...Michael Landon was always sexy,,,,,and he was the Teen Wolf too :o ........ugh , I feel like I am cheating on Napoleon....:hug: :hug: :hug:

bep
07-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Hi all! I am doing great on the diet today! Still hangin' in there.

DH got a nice promotion today. What is funny is that it was mentioned to him a few times before, but he didn't know it was finalized until an email went out company wide telling about his promotion. LOL Needless to say, he was suprised.

Mmmmmm....I'm starved. I have chicken in the oven with piles of herbs and spices and veggies. The smell is killing me because I am so hungry!

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Bep - How is the itching? We all changed our avatars in pig solidarity and you didn't say a word! ugh,,,,,,and we were sistas Bep! lol
I think you are jealous of Ms Piggy :D Yes, Katy.....I think she has had boop jobs......not you Bep......Ms Piggy....lol
Your chicken sounds sooooooo yummy. Enjoy! Congrats to your husband on the promotion! :bravo:

jules1216
07-10-2006, 07:21 PM
SuzyQ--we will just have agree to disagree on our choices in men!! Other than that our brain works just fine!! It's probably for the better...we wouldn't want a boy to ruin our friendship!!

Bep--Hooray for the promotion for DH!!

Katy--Hooray for the house being done by Labor Day!!

Cristi--Hooray for doing good on your walking and It Figures!!

Sassy--like your piggy too!!

Exercised--now I am really tired!!

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 07:22 PM
psssssst, I am going now! Changed the avatar again and might change it yet again tomorrow. Couldn't stand being Ms Piggy!
Speaking of farm animals....Kathy goat?? I use to have one as a child...they eat everything - what are you going to feed it?? :D
I better get,,,have to pick up Gaby and go by my sisters before I can go home.
Hope you all have a nice evening. We miss you Michelle - come chat, ok??

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 07:25 PM
lol - 3rd time you posted while I was writing Jules!!!! HUGS :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: we will nevah fight over men!! :) chat tomorrow - I am soooooo glad you and your hubby made peace :).....

jules1216
07-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Night SuzyQ, Sassy, Katy, Cristina, Bep, SusanNYC, Kathy, Shawna...if Michelle ma belle isn't back tomorrow we will have to go looking for her......

Sassy_Chick
07-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Hi Ladies!

Suzy Q Awwwwwwwwwwww you couldn't stand Miss Piggy??????? Where's the love? lmaoooooooooooooo!

Okay so the Brady Boys were kinda gross. lol. Greg was the about the only semi-hottie. lollllllllllll.

Ummmmmmm what other show can we do???????? Okay how about one that is more current? How about which ER doc do you think is the hottest? Can be past or present (I currently do not watch it now but used to).

I'd have to vote for Dr. Benton (Eriq LaSalle) or Dr. Carter (Noah Wylie) :drool:

Good Night Girlies (the ones who are off of here for the night)

Scuzin
07-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Good afternoon y'all
I had a nice lunch out with some friends downtown today. But, we were strolling around after we ate and a woman stopped us to say that I had a "stain" on my skirt...lovely. At least I had a jacket to tie around my waist.

But in good news I had a good jog ths morning and I think I'm ready to step it up and in 1-2 more minutes of actual jogging time

Kathy - my family had goats until just a year ago. We don't even live in the country...just a block or two off major boulevard and there in our back lot, goats! When I was very little my siblings would watch me while I rode the biggest one :)

SuzyQ - We had a big dinner of breaded veal, ravioli, and fried zuccini. SO GOOD

bep
07-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Oops...sorry...I actually did notice the piggy avatar theme and thought it was cute. Thanks sistas!!!

I ended with about 1450 cals today. Not bad.

G'night all!!!

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2006, 10:27 PM
I am back - just HAD to brag I walked a mile! yay....no 2, 3, 6 or 8 .....just a mile. It is my mile, I own it. lol Don't you love Dr Phil?

Very cute about the goat Susan. Ours use to always break out from the fence and I would always have to round them up. The dinner sounds wonderful! Yikes, about the stain! That happened to me a couple weeks ago at work.....always fun, huh?? :)

Sassy - Sorry I was jealous of Ms Piggy. She looked too HOT for a pig. Was George Clooney on ER? I think he is the cutest.

Night Jules and to everyone!!

edited for Bep You noticed the pig theme?? Ok, I will put mine back up tomorrow - as long as you appreciate it Bep.....as long as you notice! lol Of course I am mature! I had to look at that pig with her boob hanging out all day........I was so jealous....lol
anyway, :bravo: on your day Bep!

suetalks
07-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Sorry ladies, I don't have a pig picture. So, I will just say "oink,oink." It's all about "moi."

You are a chatty bunch here...and some a little crazier than others.....no offense....just kidding SuzyQ. Yeah, you knew I was talking about you, huh? LOL.

My computer is wacky this week and I am tired of working on it..so I will just say 'Nitey- nite all." Talk tomorrow.

bep
07-11-2006, 07:58 AM
You are a chatty bunch here...and some a little crazier than others.....no offense....just kidding SuzyQ. Yeah, you knew I was talking about you, huh? LOL.

Oh goodness...you don't need to apologize...our SuzyQ knows she is a little looney! :D

jules1216
07-11-2006, 09:20 AM
We wouldn't want our little SuzyQ any other way!!

I'll try to get back later--pretty busy here today!

Mom2Gaby
07-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Good Morning! I am back!!!

I had a flat tire this morning! I need to take it in to Les Schwab in a second , they didn't open until 8am. The gas station man put air in for me :o and I said ..."now....don't you get fresh with me!!"...haha....

Hi Sue...you were saying what?? lol How are you??? What is new??

I cried last night. I just had a difficult time. I told Rocky I hated my dad.......seems he left his ex wife on his bank accounts. I think when he opened them my half sister was still a minor and that was the reason....just something he forgot about.....anyway, my brother went to take the money out Friday - we had been waiting for the death certificate....and the bank said the ex was on the account.
Ends up now the ex will keep the money.......can you believe her?? It was meant to go towards the funeral - we spent $6000 on that....anyway, I cried and said I hated my dad......he didn't take care of us.....she has always gotten her share in property and such, my half sister has gone to college.
No, it isn't about money.....it is about what is morally right....in the end why does she still have to be a *&%$#????? It was to bury the man......upset me all night.....

anyway, I have to go check out that tire......chat later....

Scuzin
07-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Good morning

In stead of jogging today my dad and I are going for a hike in The Gorge. Its been a while since I've been so i'm looking forward to it.

SuzyQ - I'm so sorry. I'm sure its very frustrating. Hope you are ok

Mom2Gaby
07-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks Susan/NYC :hug: The gorge is so pretty- have fun on the hike! My ex's dad goes out there every day to let the dogs run. It is a beautiful day today - not too hot , not to cool.

I need to write my baby sister an email. I wrote one last night. I wasn't mean, I just disagreed that her mother should have the money. I guess she stressed all weekend thinking we were going to be upset. Of course I am....not blaming her though- just her mom,,,,lol .

When we were cleaning out the storage there was this cute pink bike. Sister said "take it for the girls, it use to be mine" so I did.....and the first pot luck we had her mom shows up saying "oh, did you find a pink bike...that was mine...I want it for _______ (another grandchild). ".....I don't think so Nutty Ex Mom...my kids put air in the tires and have been riding the bike for 2 weeks....it was in that storage for 3 years....

ugh..........I want a dorito!!!!

I am having a really lousy hair day,,,,, btw - how is your itch Bep?? lol......also where is MICHELLE ?????????

bye.......

jules1216
07-11-2006, 01:03 PM
SuanNYC--hiking sounds fun--we used to go to one of a couple of different places in the area every weekend with the kids and. We live near part of the Appalacian Trail. There's a couple of neat state parks around too.

SuzyQ--:hug: from me to you, my Dad began dating and then married my step-mother when I was 12 & my brother was 14, her kids were a dd-16 and a ds-18 both living at home and then a DD-22 with a son and two DS's (24 & 25)that hated her and lived with there father in the mid-west. She was so mean to us I called her our step-monster and my brother called her words that will get my post deleted. Dad never paid child support but would hand my youngest step-sister and step-brother $20 -$50 cash to go out with. When Dad and SM had to declare bankruptcy my step-siblings swooped in and took everything that they were to "inherit" from their mom (her last two DH's were married for their $$$)-- Dad and SM were moving to an apartment not dead!!! I helped them move--my brother doesn't talk to them and I guess cleaning out their belongings were the way my step-siblings thought they were helping--not as much stuff to move. My Dad wanted me to have the lawn mower and garden tools that he bought but one of them took everything and he never did find out which one did it. My step-mother is in the Nursing Home now and my step siblings have already informed my Dad of the things he still has that they expect to get when she dies. At this point I am not speaking with my Dad and neither does my brother so we really don't care. I was executor of their wills since neither of them trusted any of my step-siblings. Should be fun.....

Sue--you will just have to join in on the craziness!!

Hi to everyone else!! Gotta go!!

jules1216
07-11-2006, 01:14 PM
SuzyQ--we are doing it again....you'll have to ride your little pink bike over to Michelle's!! Your step-monster sound as crazy as my step-monster and MIL.

bep
07-11-2006, 01:23 PM
SuzyQ...hmmmm...if ex keeps the cash, then it is only morally right that ex pays for funeral...she should just plain old know that! Very weird that she hasn't just done it. Everyone knows that inherited $$$ is AFTER all expenses and debts are paid. I am sorry you are having to deal with all this mess...
Thank you for your support in the piggy dept! :lol: I am afraid I shall be punished with a piggy avatar until I get back down to 217. You don't have to remain a piggy for that long! :lol: But then again, if I say you have to stay a piggy the whole time too, maybe you will keep me motivated to lose these 5 lbs I gained back! :lol:

Mom2Gaby
07-11-2006, 01:31 PM
It is just so wrong Jules! My other sister is somewhat close to SM and says she dosen't want to get in the middle, doesn't want to fight about money. I don't want to fight about money either.....so she needs to give it to us! lol
The Nutty SM is going through a divorce and is money strapped. So (the story goes) it will help her out a bit....as I sit here with my phone off and while other siblings wrote checks up to $3000 to pay for the funeral. Obviously she didn't know she was on the account, it has been 2 months and she hasn't said a word. Baby sis goes "mom is going to keep the money"....lol grrrrrrr
Anyway, I wrote a nice email to baby sister and that is that. We have said what we needed to and lets move on.
Beck loves that bike! I am waiting for SM to call and ask where it is....hehe.

edited for Bep!! We paid for the funeral out right. Believing we would have the banks $$ available when we had the death certificate. And really....we would have made it a nice service even if we didn't have that money.....it is just wrong. No one is benefiting from his death or should.....whatever is left over we were sharing equally. If she needed money she could have been the 7th person.....just don't take it.....that is mean!! I don't mind being a pig - oink! lol

jules1216
07-11-2006, 02:32 PM
SuzyQ--shouldn't the money in the bank account have gone into probate until until the bills were paid. Have the executor of the estate talk to the bank and see if the account can be frozen until everything is finalized. Even if she is on the account if she was an ex, it must have been an oversight on your Dad's part no to have removed her.

What a wicked woman....you have good memories of your Dad, don't let her ruin them. I wish I had more good memories of my Dad and he's still living.

I wonder if she cleans it out if you could go after her in small claims court for at least half of what was in the account.

FrouFrou
07-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Hello chickies...

SUSAN....hugs to you! :hug: :hug: I have observed that funerals do weird things to people. Seems like there should be something legal that you guys can do...at least make her pay for the funeral. Anyway, been there done that and seen it way too many times...when my Great-Aunt died, when my dad's parents died, when DH#1 died, when DH#1's dad died (the kids were in the will) and when V's mom passed. He had 2 step-sisters and 2 step-brothers. I say had because when his mom passed away the fighting began because of the way his sister and SIL handled things. It was totally wrong and the steps have totally disowned them all, even V and he had nothing to do with it. Anyway, hugs to you :hug: :hug:

SASSY...definitely George Clooney on ER! Next in line...Dr. Green, think that was his name. I haven't watched that show in ages. I saw an episode of CSI and Without a Trace and totally forgot about E.R. I watched it though until Dr. Green left...went to Hawaii and died of cancer. I did catch a few episodes after that and then quit watching it. Anyway, not sure what it is about George Clooney but I think he is sexy!

KATY...bet you guys can't wait until the house is done!

JULES...definitely Heath! I've always liked that name too!

Who mentioned Bonanza??? I was always a little partial to Hos and Adam for some reason.

KATHY...I think I missed you yesterday :^: That is so sweet about Cole and the goat, so cute too I bet. I thought of you guy last night when I was watching Wife Swap. The lady was an animal lover and had a goat, may have been 2, can't remember. But she let the thing in her house, which was a pig sty, and let it sleep in her bed! YIKES! :yikes: I think they are cute but I don't even let my dog sleep in my bed!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Oh Susan, before I forget, again! The book I am reading is A Girl's Best Friend by Kristin Billerbeck. It's the second in a series called Spa Girls about three friends who when having trouble dealing with something get together for a day or weekend at a spa and work/figure things out. I like this Author. She had another series that I read, the first was she was just wanting to find love, the second, she found love but the one she wanted didn't want her, and the third she got married. They are Christian based and I think that's what I like about them. Just a different kind of read from my normal mystery/murder stories. And about the candles...I LOVE candles! Never can get enough. I am trying to find a new scent or two since they keep discontinuing my favs. Just found out that the Raspberry Cream that I love has been, as with the Wedding Day scent. I can get them online still but they don't sell them in the stores anymore. And I figure it is a matter of time that they won't have them online either. Right now I am trying Meadow Mist and Cottage Breeze and must say they smell good! But I still want my two favs. Hoping to spend about $100 bucks sometime to stock up on them...not sure when that will happen though. Anyway...

Got a 2.5 mile walk in today and for some reason it seemed to kick my butt. I was so lazy this morning I got up too late to go to the park and walk and had to resort to the old treadmill which I dislike. It bores me to no end-music helps somewhat but not enough. Would definitely rather be outdoors. And that's about all I have for now. Nothing special on the agenda for today. Cleaned yesterday and am doing a load of laundry and that's about it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Chat with ya's later! :wave:

RosieKate
07-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Susan - :hug: so sorry about the mess.. of course she should pay back your siblings for the funeral... but we all know that what people should do and what they end up doing are two very different things....that's why there's Judgment Day right? Or just plain Karma...that money won't help her as much as she thinks it will. Jules makes a good point as well. I can understand you wanting to move on, but if you have some rights in the situuation, you should be able to exercise them.

Hi to everyone else!

Back later
Katy

Mom2Gaby
07-11-2006, 03:31 PM
I am hungry!

It is funny Cristi but I always liked the treadmill til recently. I think it is boring and I feel so much like a hamster. Thanks for the book info and :hug: Isn't George Clooney the dreamest?? He just has the kindest eyes and I love his hair! :o The candles sound great, when I get money again I will go buy me some. I liked Hoss too!!

Katy!! Aug 2nd!! I go in for the orientation on the diet thingie. I think it would be a big help. Though I would rather not do the Atkins type one....I don't want to eat a pound of bacon...lol ugh.

anyway - thanks so much. I need to call my sister for the bank. I don't remember which one it was, credit union somewhere. SM said she would leave the account open....for what?? I would at least what his name off of it.

I am starting to get depressed.....my sister was upset and won't come if my brother is coming to the gathering on Sunday. blah - blah .....grrrrrr, I really want a chip!

chat later -

Michelle
07-11-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm sorry I haven't been on for awhile. I've just been having a very hard time with being a downer, and I haven't felt like coming on the site, just to bring others down too. I'm having a hard time with my younger DD right now, and I'm very depressed with the whole situation. I also have to fight for computer time, and sometimes it's just not even worth the fight to try and get on. Sorry to be such a downer, but things just haven't been going the best for me. I hope to come back and be normal again soon. Thank you Bep for your PM, and Susan for your caring also. Hope everyone is having a nice day and I'll try and get back here later.:cry: :grouphug:

bep
07-11-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm sorry I haven't been on for awhile. I've just been having a very hard time with being a downer, and I haven't felt like coming on the site, just to bring others down too. I'm having a hard time with my younger DD right now, and I'm very depressed with the whole situation. I also have to fight for computer time, and sometimes it's just not even worth the fight to try and get on. Sorry to be such a downer, but things just haven't been going the best for me. I hope to come back and be normal again soon. Thank you Bep for your PM, and Susan for your caring also. Hope everyone is having a nice day and I'll try and get back here later.:cry: :grouphug:

Shucks...who's 'normal'??? Not me! I have been moaning and whining around the board for a few days about gaining 5 lbs. :p Maybe there is something in the air...I have not been feeling my perky self for the last couple weeks...a little perky at times, but not out ready to run marathons or anything like that. I've made everyone so miserable that they put pigs in their avatars. :lol: Everyone here is supportive...come chat!

Mom2Gaby
07-11-2006, 04:50 PM
It is true Michelle - Bep has made us miserable! oink, oink! grrrrrr. We support her though because she is .....umm, Bep. lol
I am sorry about your DD! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: It might help to just write things out?? I know it does me....

I am having an emotional day! I called my younger brother and cried. He said (like my older sister) "why are you surprised by SM??"
I said I was. I welcomed her into my fathers hospital room while he was dying so she could be with the family. She came to the family gathering because......we wanted her too?? I don't know why she was there - lol......my brother said "so she stole the money. I am not surprised, dad always said he had to watch his back with her."
I am surprised........I guess I want to think the best of people. *sigh*..... my baby sister just says she can't agree or disagree with her mothers decision. She said the funeral is paid for and everyone would get reimbursed from his life insurance.
That isn't my point. No one should profit (especially an ex wife) and my father did not mean for her to have the money. Does she not see that??

anyway, who is going to be there for her when the money is gone?? not me....good riddence!:( :hug: :( :hug:

Mom2Gaby
07-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Bep-
Recent picture at my brothers when my father passed away. My brother, cousin, and sister behind me......oink! lol

bep
07-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks! You should crop it and make it your avatar! I think you look great! You look much younger in this pic than in your last one. Hey...you forgot to introduce the little fella and the dog! :lol:

Scuzin
07-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!

Just got back. We drove all through the gorge, had lunch at Multnomah Falls, and did the trail loop to Wahclella falls right by bonneville. (BTW this was all in a classic little sporty red convertable) It was a lovely day.

SuzyQ - Still hoping for the best in your situation. Family can be so frustrating!

Christina - I hate treadmills too! it never feels like you are making progress and I would much prefer being outside.

I agree with Bep, what is "support" for if we have it when we feel down?

Mom2Gaby
07-11-2006, 06:45 PM
I look heavy - all in pink like a cotton candy ball.....
The boy is the nephew (4 years) that broke his leg and Butterscotch is his doggie. Didn't even notice them - good eye! It is all about Moi! lol I forgot to say I wear glasses.....

Susan/NYC......I am tired! I am going home early. The gorge sounds so nice.

Come chat with us Michelle!! And where is Shawna???

bep
07-11-2006, 06:52 PM
UGH!!! I have appetite issues today! And I am not really talking the munchies...I am talking actual hunger all day long. I just had dinner (grilled steak and broccoli) and I still feel hungry! I even had a HUGE veggie stir fry for lunch and was still hungry after that! I have had about 1600 - 1700 cals today! Youch! Maybe I will hit the treadmill if I get a chunk of time after the kiddos are down for the night. I even had 2 snacks this afternoon trying to kill the hunger! If I hadn't just finished TOM a week or so ago, I would seriously think I was PMSing big time. What is up with my appetite lately???

RosieKate
07-11-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm baaack

Susan- I am going to the orientation on the 16th - as I have a book group meeting on the 2nd. Wouldn't it be cool if we ended up in the same group? I received the study info in the mail today and, while I know I have go through this next set of screening visits, I could a good fit for this study. I have really good vitals, not on any meds, already have good exercise habits, yada yada...I'm sorry the SM is such a nut..I have a nutty one, too. You are right - this money will run out and she will have burned her bridges.

Michelle - sorry you're down - hope we can cheer you up a little with all the cute piggy pics...whatever is going on - we are here and will always listen...

Susan/NYC - your day just sounds awesome - I love Multnomah Falls

aaack- gotta run -again...one thing after another around here.. But - hey - the drywall is done!

bep
07-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey now SuzyQ....put that back up!!!! I know you just had it in your avatar!!!

luckycharm
07-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Hello to everyone.

Wow had a great time catching up on everything.

Has anyone seen the new reality show My Fair Brady? It is with Peter Brady, can't remember his real name.

Bep could you possibly be so hungry today because you made sure you moved around so much today? Thats what I think it is. Jogging around the house with weights? You inspire me.

Susan :hugs: :hugs: things have a way of working themselves out, but Jules is right, the bank account should be frozen until all the bills are paid. Love your picture. By the way I missed the whole ms Piggy one. Can you put it back up for a day?

Cristi, can you house train a goat? JK there is no room in my house for a goat. I can also tell you there is no goat sleeping in my bed. I haven't seen wife swap or trading spouses for the longest time. Can you come do some of my house work? I really need to fold the mountain of laundry the kids have pulled out of the drier and piled on top of it.

Katy, congrats about the house. THat would be very exciting for everything to be almost done. That would be interesting if you and Suzy are in this study, and you both get the opposite diet. Do you think that they will continue the study after the 3 years to moniter who keeps the weight off?

Jules that was so nice of your DD to let your DH know that he was being unreasonable. And because I know your kids so well, I do know that they appreciate absolutely everything you do for them, and they let everyone know that you are the best.

Sue, super Sleuth, Suzy has been trying to find out where Bep is from, so that is your mission should you choose to accept.

Hi Sassy, was your sleep study today? Hope it went really well. Have you tried the breathe right strips? They do work quite well also.

Hi Shawna, how was your day today?

Michelle, come and post anyway, Suzy should be able to cheer you up just a little.

Susan NYC at least the lady told you. Glad that you had such a nice day. To bad there is nothing like that around here for us to do.

Ok I hope that I did not forget anyone.

I must run and finish supper, then go out and check on my goat. Although Cole says it is his goat.

Chat later,

Kathy

bep
07-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Unfortunately, today was a 'low movement' day. :p I didn't even get to get on the treadmill because DH had to work on something near there and I simply can not work out in the same room as him for some reason. I am chicken. I can sweat it out with other girls no problem, but not the guys...not even DH. I am definitely not a good candidate for a gym membership. Oh well...I ended up with a bit over 1700 cals for the day (I don't know for sure because I don't know how many ounces my steak was). GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! The worst part is that I am still really hungry...yes...HUNGRY! Something is really weird with me today. Oh well...I probably wont gain weight at 1700 cals, but I seriously doubt I will lose weight at 1700 cals.

Mom2Gaby
07-11-2006, 10:39 PM
I am exhausted!

Bep - psssssst - you saw nuthin. It was just a pink cotton ball blob. lol I learned how to crop that was kind of cool.

Katy- We need to do coffee sometime.....be neat if we had 2 different diets. I am sure we will both get in :D - thanks a bunch for the info.

Kathy - hi, I will put Ms Piggy up for 1 day - tomorrow. Do you want the x rated or the Janet Jackson one? I think Peter Brady was Peter Knight??? Something like that.

Went to my moms for dinner (and a nice salad) , she called and invited me from work. So I stopped on my way home. She had talked to my SIL and they both cried over different things. SIL is in the banking business and mentioned probate. My mom also talked to my sister that has become close to Nutty SM..and Nutty SM offered to share the account money with her and her daughter ( my half sister) ,,,,,,anyway, that is even more wrong. I am just tired of crying. waaaah. .....

better get...

bep
07-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Here ya go SuzyQ...no more excuses now...very little pink....:D

Sassy_Chick
07-12-2006, 01:36 AM
Hey all,

Sorry this is going to be a "Quickie" lol.

We went car shopping today and I am beat. We did find 3 cars though that hub can fit into comfortably. Dodge Caliber, Nissan Altima, and the Honda Accord.

My back has been really hurting me............I am so afraid it is going to go out on me again. I hope not because when it does I am out of commission for at least a week or so...............

Hey Suzy Q, :hug: and let me say I know how you feel, well sorta!

I won't go into the long story, but I think I told you all about my step father dying of cancer and my mom lost everything. Well there we dealt with a lot of greediness and a lot obstacles along the way. Definately not easy.

So yes I do know about greediness. It stinks. Don't let it get to you. Or Try not too. I know its very difficult. :hug:

If you ever want to chat, just PM me!

Well take care! :grouphug:

jules1216
07-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Cristina--When I was pregnant with my son and had everyone telling me what I wanted to here that I was having a girl I had three girls name picked out and no boys names (Danielle Nicole, Bethany Dawne & Destiny Eilleen) then I went and popped out a BOY on April 1!! My mom and brother didn't like Zachary or Jeremiah, I actually considered Jared and Heath but ended up going with Ryan (biological father, his father and my father and brother are all Robert's so I went with a R name) Michael (for a middle name since mine begins with M).

Michelle--I have to agree with the others what is normal anyway...I read somewhere that there was a study that they wnated to do (I forget about what) but they needed a control group for study. The women in the control group could never have been physically, sexually or verbally abused in any way--they couldn't find enough women that fit those requirements. Holding things in and keeping it all to yourself is bad-gives you those Headaches!! Come post with us even when you are down...some of the rest us do it all the time!!

Bep--I love the new avatar!! I have those hungry days myself!! I feel like eating everything in sight and daydream about the stuff that isn't. I try upping my water and somedays it helps.

SusanNYC--is the sporty red convertable yours???

Katy---YEAH for the drywall being done!!!

Kathy--Peter Brady is Christopher Knight--My Fair Brady is about his courtship & upcoming marriage to Adrienne the winner of Americas Top Model #1 and they met in the Surreal Life House....DD caught me up one day when she did laundry at my house and it was on. They seem total opposites and there is a huge age difference and he's a lot shorter than her--the one we watched he was upset that she was going to wear heels with her wedding dress.

SuzyQ--you are pretty in pink!! Where are you today--drink that venti and get on here!!

Hey Sassy--I'm 5' 5 & 3/4' and DH is 6'2--I have a little Toyota Tercel--he loves the gas milage but hates it's size!! We were looking at cars when a bought the Tercel cheap from a friend. I liked the Honda Civic--he lived the Accord, he also liked the Toyota Camry and I liked the smaller size Toyota. He also liked the Altima. We have a half of an hour one way drive to & from work--with the cost of gas I want to stick with a smaller car. My DH's step-father is in the final stages of his battle with and I look for that to be a greedy mess. He had five kids, married DH's mom who had two and then had an affair with MIL's best friend who was 45 at the time -- step-father was 65 and got her pregnant--MIL seems to think that she is suppossed to get money from a life insurance policy which was talked about during the divorce mess but is not actually in the papers. The new wife has two daughters and four grandchildren and their son is now 8 years old. SIL & her daughter are asking me if I think they will get anything....how am I suppossed to know I am not asking...I am thinking everything will go to the new wife and son. Maybe a small something to his biological kids--DH & I and the kids are expecting nothing. I dread the funeral because I know MIL will go and it will be nasty...

Where's Shawna & Sue.....
Gotta go!!

Mom2Gaby
07-12-2006, 11:46 AM
You know too much about reality tv Jules - lol ...hehe.....I would have been here sooner but I lost my post.....again. Very annoying! Like I have all day to post!!!.......oops,,,,I guess I do....ha

ick - I could have hurled this morning!!!! Guess who I saw coming off the freeway ramp as I was going on in Gladstone??? Guess....hurl.....:whoo: Mike hurl. I had this urge to ram my "you can't give up a toyota car!!!" right into him. I could have veered so easliy.......moment lost....dang - he must have been coming home from his janitorial job,,,, we can hope he inhales some toilet bowl cleaner someday......first though we can set some rat traps out for nasty step mom.......I doubt she would get caught though....because she runs around in a human disguise.....lol

gawd,,,,,wassup with my attitude?? lol

Sassy - Thanks!! I hope your back is better today :)

Bep - I love your new piggy, way cute! Thanks for the crop. I really need a hair cut!!

Come out and chat Michelle!!! I think Shawna is still unpaking and Sue was having computer problems......we miss you guys!!

k - better get busy!

Scuzin
07-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Morning

My parents wanted pizza last night so pizza we had. At least it was the ultra thin crust so it was honestly like eating cheese on a cracker and better than the thick doughie stuff.

Bep - you win the award for the cutest pig avatar, I love it :)

Jules - I WISH it were mine, no my dad bought a little MG as a retirement present for himself...my mother hates the thing ;)

SuzyQ - way to control yourself! ;)

Mom2Gaby
07-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Susan/NYC
Thanks!
I can control my toyota veering and smashing the ex to smithereens.
Though it kind of takes the pleasure from seeing his bloody guts flying through the air all over the highway w/ tv helicopters zooming from above to see the victory of all single mommies who are out of slurpee money for their baby girl/boy that have never received child support.
I could have gone on tv and sold the tv rights and recouped the $$$ Nasty Step Mom stole.....dang Susan/NYC!!!! Moment lost....or is it <she writes with evil grin>,,,,,,
I think I want to write novels.....I think that is my true calling in life. *sigh*

I love thin crust pizza!!

jules1216
07-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Lunch time!!!

SuzyQ--no...you can't smash you car into Mike's, he'd probably walk away unscratched and you'd be in the hospital and who would take Miss Gaby on one mile walks and to the park and for slurpees.....Yes I like my Reality shows--I like Big Brother, American Idol, Rockstar Supernova (watched INXS last year starting halfway through) Fear Factor, Americas Next Top Model and Project Runway. Never got into Survivor or The Amazing Race. DD likes the MTV/VH1 reality shows--Real World, Road Rules, Surreal Life, Laguna Beach and now the Hills,Punked, My Fair Brady etc... DH claims to NOT like reality shows but he watches Biker Build-off, American Chopper, Build or Bust, Overhauling and Miami Ink to name a few. I don't watch every show and alot of times I keep up on BB on the internet sites that have people posting what is going on in the house from the live feeds. Also, if my favorites leave alot of times I lose interest.

SusanNYC--does he at least let you drive it.....One of the girls that works here lives with her parents (she's 21) and doesn't have to pay rent since their house is paid for--She says she works to travel--she's been to China, Mexico, Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, most of Canada and many others. She is planning a trip to Australia and wants to go on a cruise sometime. When her last car died she bought herself a little red Miata convertable--she loves it.

gotta go again--hi to everyone else!!

chickiemama67
07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi yall,
Actually susan im back at work.......woopty doo...my store was actually in pretty good shape when i walked in the door. but they had 15 pair of shoes stolen last week and 7 pair were on saturday. we usually only have 1 or 2 pair. soooooooooooooo, this tells me that everybody was standing around running their mouths and not paying attention to what was going on.
yes i have been watching that show, it cracks me up!! i also love hogan knows best. its almost time for the new celebrity fit club, i dont know about half of them this time. isaac from the love boat is going to be on there .....how funny!!! now that makes me feel really old. i dont watch a whole lot of tv, but when sept gets here ill be watching my favorite greys anatomy, they changed to thurs nights and thats volleyball game night for oldest dd so i will have to tevo it.
well i decided that i would take my cheat meal for lunch today, so i got an italian beef pita and french fries. well, its not very good, and my fries are cold......somebody must be trying to tell me something....:rofl:
well back to work!!
shawna

jules1216
07-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Shawna--The three "shows" I watch faithfully are Cold Case(Sundays 8PM CBS)and the other two are CSI (the original LV one) and Grey's Anatomy--both of which will now be on at 9PM on Thursdays CSI on CBS and Grey's on ABC--since DH watches CSI and Cold Case, but not GA I will have to tape GA to watch later. DH started watching "The Closer" (TBS-Tuesday 9PM--???) and it's not bad. There is a new show this fall that looks promising I have seen advertised--it is called Smith and has Ray Lolitto (SP-?) in it. I like Ray L, but always get the visual of when Hannibal Lecter eats his brain--eewww!!

Mom2Gaby
07-12-2006, 03:24 PM
yay, Shawna!! I am glad you are back! Notice the pig theme?? cute ,huh?? lol

Jules.....I use to watch Real World - love Puck and Pedro. I think SF was the best series!
Where are you Cristi and Michelle??

Below is what I wrote my sister (the full one, not the half one - :dizzy: ) do you think it is mean? Too late now,,,,,but I just had to vent and say my peace....

I think xxx owes us an apology for her behavior .I was just starting to come out of my depression and this week has been hurtful by what she has done.
I don't agree with her reasoning that the money in his account is hers to have. Rather insensitive to his children and grandchildren. She thinks she trumps them? I think not. She has always been about hurting us and dividing us. I bought into that for years. How many times I sat and listened to her bad mouth you all (including dad) just to see my sister xxx.
The others aren't surprised by her actions, but I am. She has a lot of balls and she can justify her actions til the cows come home. Wrong is wrong.
The thought of dad wouldn't want us fighting about money, I agree.....it isn't about money....it is about her disregard for his family. She has no rights to that money and look at dads signature because I will eat crow if that was done recently. It must have been years ago when xxx was still a minor.
And her offer to share the money with you and xxx is another slap in the face. How wrong is that? It is her continuing way to cause chaos and hurt. She is horrible. I wish you could see that....she plays us against each other, she always has.
anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my vent.

FrouFrou
07-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Today was It Figures day and I had the whole joint to myself...gotta love that. Of course I usually do anyway because most of the ladies go in the early a.m. Also got my 1.5 mile walk in, again the treadmill, ick. Been so lazy because I haven't been sleeping so great lately that I end up sleeping in until 8 or 9. Anyway, blah, blah, blah.

JULES...love both Danielle and Bethany! How did you end up with Teri though? Through all the pregnancies I only picked out boys names. We decided from the very beginning if there was ever a girl she would be named after her great-grandmother on her dad's side so that name was a given. But had a hard time coming up with boy names. DH picked all three first names and I chose the mns. With #4 (baby from V and I) I chose the name. It's really hard to pick the *right* name. Love the name Ryan too! That was the mn we had picked when I had DD.

KATHY...don't think you can house train a goat...and this one wasn't. It showed the woman having so much urine and feces to clean from all the dogs and goat that they let stay in the house-so GROSS! How is Cole doing? Is his ankle better? Oh, no thanks...I have hard enough time just trying to keep this little house cleaned...sure wouldn't want to clean someone else's, lol. I remember as a teenager my Aunt would pay me, or one of my sisters to come and spend the weekend cleaning her house. You would not believe the mess! Sometimes she let if go so bad she would have all three of us girls go over and do it. But we didn't mind...we love her and loved spending time with her. She's only about 10 years older than me so we've always felt a little close to her.

SUSAN-NYC...yeah, the treadmill bores me to death too! I feel exactly like that too! Even with the t.v. or music on it still bores me. Makes the time go by faster, a little but I do prefer my walking to be outdoors. Sounds like you had a nice time...I so wish I was on the west coast again, really miss it.

KATY...I too would love to do a study as that and I hope both you and SuzyQ get excepted into the study. And yay! to having the drywall done! :cp:

SASSY...hope your back hasn't/doesn't go out on you-been there, done that. Been doing fine though with the back since I have been exercising regularly. But I have had mine go out just brushing my teeth. Have you guys decided on a vehicle yet? At least you have it narrowed down to three! I have to take DS shopping for one next week, or this weekend. He's been driving DH's truck.

MICHELLE...I know at times you don't really feel like posting but sweetie it really is good to get things out. I am sorry that you are having a time with DD. :hug: :hug: We miss you when you don't post.

SUZYQ...kharma with get SM in the arse. What goes around comes around and you just don't go around treating people like she is. Same with ex-SIL...she was in charge of her dads estate and for some reason didn't send the kids their share of some stocks he had in Boeing. The sad thing is nothing can be done...DS contacted some attorney's and to file anything it has to be done in the county in CA. They were supposed to have the choice of keeping the stock or cashing it in. Well, she took it upon herself to cash it in and didn't give the kids their share. Then there was some property in OK that she sold and cheated all her brothers and sister and nieces and nephews. It was supposed to be split up between all of them. The kids (my kids) were splitting their dad's share that's how they were involved because he is deceased. Now she has nothing to do with anyone and won't even except letters or anything from anyone. All the while her and her kids are living it up on the money that is owed to her brothers and sister, nephews and nieces. Oh, and because she took it upon herself to be executor of his estate she paid her self! DH#1 always said he didn't want to be around when his dad died because he knew this is exactly what would happen. His sister is a greedy biotch. I think it is sad when people cheat their own family, so very sad. I feel though the same thing is going to happen when my parents pass away. I told my mother to not leave me anything and do not leave me in charge of her estate. She had me at one time. Anyway...lots of to you. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Guess I am going to go. Finally found a site for support for Army Moms yesterday and I want to finish checking it out. I read some and I think it will be nice chatting with other moms going through the same thing. But, I want to find some place local to get together in person. Going to contact a local radio station and the newspaper to see if they could possibly help in finding something and if not, thinking about starting one, not just for moms but for wives too. I may go talk to my neighbor also. She has been in the air force for 16 years now and works on the Air base in town...maybe she knows of something or could put something on aboard or base paper if they have one. There has to be something around here. Anyway...

Take care and have a good day ladies! Chat with ya later :gossip:

FrouFrou
07-12-2006, 03:52 PM
SUZYQ...I see nothing wrong with what you wrote. Probably won't do much good though. And as much as I hate to say it, sometimes it is easier to just let things go. Believe me, I've learned the hard way. I think sometimes it's more stressful when you keep it going. I know it is the principal of the whole thing but if the woman has no regard for anyone, and no morals it's just going to cause more pain for everyone, especially the step-sister(s). They too know it's wrong. YOU know what she is doing is wrong, as does everyone else. But she just doesn't care. I think if you really want to do something about it you should seek legal advice and possibly make her pay it back or at least pay for the funeral.

Anyway, where did you get your pig avatars? Or any of them?

Mom2Gaby
07-12-2006, 04:08 PM
*sigh* I know Cristi - I just wanted her to see in print and after I heard that she was offered a share in the $$ it just made me more hurt.
You have seen pics of my family, we deserve better.
I found some oatmeal/cranberry cookies from Trader Joes...eating one to make me feel better......and you know , it does....lol

I think the support group is a wonderful idea Cristi! I found mine under pig avatars on yahoo.

making mac and cheese for lunch - better get...

edited after mac and cheese
I ate the whole box, I was starved. I also ate another cookie. You know - you eat so fast you don't realize what a oinker you are being??? It was like that....

:bravo: on the 1.5 Cristi!! I wanna sleep til 9 am!! Gaby is always up at the crack of dawn. Last night we went to the doggie park and the people are so nice. One person gave her their frisbee to throw....and she did- whacked it right at his privates. :bravo: Gabster! you go gurl.....anyway, he went twirling down the hill.....lol

yikes,,,better get again!

Sassy_Chick
07-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey Ladies. ;)

Jules - greed seems to always come no matter what. Its a horrible thing. I hope all goes well for you and your family. :hug:

My hub is 6'8". So we ultimately want something he is comfortable in, all the cars we have it narrowed down too have pretty good gas mileage. Also we are trading in our full size Dodge Ram for the new car. Big difference there. lol. We are keeping our little Mazda that we use for work and back right now as a back up car. The new cars all get about the same gas mileage, if not more than it does. We only have about a 20 minute commute to work. So not bad. ;)

Suzy Q - :hug: I read your letter, sounds good to me. Straight and to the point. My mom learned after everything she went through that being straight and to the point is the best way to go. If they don't like it, then too bad. Its very sad how people fight over money after their loved one has passed. I think my Great Grandmother had the right idea. She gave everything away BEFORE she died. I know we can't all do that because like my step dad and others, death can come unexpectly. Its just very sad. :hug:

Well my back is okay as long as I don't over do it. I need to clean but its not worth having my back go out on me. So I'm just doing laundry and that is it.

Hub is going to vacuum. He always does because it really hurts my back to do it. Yesterday on our way home we had a tornado warning!!!!!!!! They spotted one not too far from where we were! But nothing ever came of it. (thankfully) I think it blew down a few trees and that was it.

OHHHH hub's little stray kitty had her kittens! She came up to the deck this morning and no big tummy! We don't know where she had them. But she was about starving! I gave her a can of food (mil gave me some cans) and she wolfed it down! So we're going to buy her some Kitten Chow too, mil said it would be a good idea.

We fear that once the babies (if they survived) can walk and follow mama then she will most likely bring them up here.......:rolleyes: If so we'll have to find them homes, we can't have all these cats outside. lol. But lots of people at work so maybe a few of them will take some if need be.......

Well have a great evening!

Mom2Gaby
07-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi Sassy!

I am glad your back is feeling better. I love kitties - she must be a good mommy to hide them from danger. My cats always had their litters in the closest.
I went to TJ and bought a shrimp salad. They have the prettiest flowers, so I splurged and bought a bunch to take to my dads grave. Feel a need to regroup. I was thinking life was so simple 9 months ago before I was promoted. I don't know how it got so complicated.
Anyway - going to head out early to do that.........and it is raining - smells so good.

Michelle where are you again? Come chat!

Mom2Gaby
07-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Please STOP and cruise on over to Back In Kindergarten # 15 :ink: :ink: :comp: :cofdate: :write: :ink: