South Beach Diet - phase 1-not feeling good and chicken noodle soup

silvergirl21701
07-06-2006, 09:05 PM
I will feel so bad if I eat the lipton boxed soup but its the only thing i can eat when i'm sick...i checked and the noodles are made with wheat flour and one pack only has 10 total carbs...i can't stand chicken broth...yuck...anyone else had soup on phase 1 when not feeling well and still done ok? anyone's info would be appreciated...i just want to know that i'm not alone and that it's okay

Schatzi
07-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Silvergirl, if Lipton chicken soup is the only thing you can tolerate when sick-by all means, forget the dos and don'ts of SBD and get strong and healthy first! :hug: In the purest sense, it would not be SBD friendly for phase 1 ... In phase 2 where ww pasta is allowed, we need to be sure that its not "enriched" wheat flours. In addition, there is no carb counting on SBD.. rather the focus is on eating Good SLOW carbs..Feel Better Soon!

DairyQueen
07-07-2006, 03:21 AM
The idea of sbd is having food that your stomach has to work harder to digest. But if your stomach isn't feeling well, you can't just starve. Spare your stomach the workout and have top raman, clear soda, herbal tea, and white toast with jelly. Its better than nothing.

Ruthxxx
07-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Yes, feeling better is the main thing when you are ill. Try to eat good things though, like whole wheat toast. Ramen noodles are not a good choice so I'd stick with the Lipton soup mix. You'll need lots of water too to flush out the salt and the sickies.

Schatzi
07-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Agree with Ruth dear... and skip the jelly too.. feel better !

pearshape
07-07-2006, 10:04 AM
If it's absolutely ALL you can eat the do what you have to to get better. I'm sure you don't feel like cooking now but you could make some chicken soup and freeze it for times like this. I make a chicken soup with chicken, celery, carrots, spinach, and onions that's really good and I don't miss the noodles at all. Hope you feel better soon.