Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 07-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #1  
resident lactivist

Default Where are my nursing mommies?

We haven't had a check-in in a while. How's everyone doing?

I am finally getting back in the groove of things. Got in a walk day-before-yesterday (was lazy on the holiday) and again today. For some reason my shins are hurting. I don't remember that happening before.

I'm only taking Esther on the walks, & leaving the older two with Daddy. She seems to like the opportunity to see the world from a stroller.

I don't know how long the walk is, though; we'll have to drive it in the van to check.

Esther is finally eating some solid food. She's had baby food a couple of times, but mostly she eats real food cut up small, or gnaws on bread. She isn't picky either, which is good.

Still no teeth, though.

Here's a picture:

GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've been taking Mikey in the jogging stroller out to the park just about every day...when it's not raining that is. It's almost 1 mile around the park (255' short according to the sign). I'm up to running it twice before taking a break now. We take time out to feed the squirrels and ducks and then I put him in the swing on the playground for a bit, then hit the running trail. After nearly 2 miles, I will walk the path an additional 1 or 2 times, then walk the path that goes up the hill and down through the rose garden a couple of times.

When it is raining, I try to get down to my parents' church and mom watches him in the office (she's the church secretary), while I run laps in the gym (20.2 laps = 1 mile). I will generally do a couple miles there, then mom and I leave Mikey with dad while she and I go to Curves.

Mikey had his 9 mo. checkup today. Everything's going fine. He's pulling himself to standing for the last week. He's been eating solids since about 3 1/2. He wanted food, was mimicking chewing and reaching for my foods, so I started him out. He's been eating 3 meals a day for some time now. He still nurses once or twice a day and all through the night. He's spoiled about sleeping with mommy and being in close proximity to the "boo boo". LOL

Here's a couple of recent shots:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7-1-06 029.jpg (44.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 7-1-06 017.jpg (49.9 KB, 30 views)
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:56 PM   #3  
resident lactivist

Cute! You make me feel good about my baby not having any hair.

Now that I think about it, Esther's pulling herself up occasionally too. It's rather startling, as she just in the last couple of weeks or so switched from combat-crawling to cross-crawling! She actually stood unsupported for about 30 seconds once or twice last week.

It sounds like you've got a great exercise routine there! Only 11 from goal. Woohoo!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

He still does the combat crawling. I think he's going straight from there to walking.

I'm constantly pointing to babes with full heads of hair and saying "Look Mike! That's what's supposed to be on top of your head." But so far, no success.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #5  
Trying to ditch the yo-yo

Height: 5'6"

Jumping in here...

I just had my son last week (born on the 4th of July!) and can't wait to drop this baby weight! I reached my goal weight of 135lbs just before getting pregnant with him, and now I'm back to where I started. :P I also have a daughter who will be turning 2 next month, so it's going to be a bit more of a challenge to drop the baby weight this time around, but I'm hoping I can do it. I worked out 5 days a week up until the day before I delivered, so "getting back into" an exercize groove shouldn't be a problem like it was for me last time. I have a Curves membership and a running partner lined up, so hopefully the weight should drop fast! *knock on wood*
Xuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

Xuzi, you're NOT back where you started. This time, you started with the tools and knowledge for eating right and losing.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:54 AM   #7  

I'm still nursing my 23 month old. I'm hoping to tandom nurse both him and the new baby. But if he weans before she's born then great.
Rakkoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #8  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I am nursing too. Baby Jack is 6 weeks on Sunday. I just dug out all my WW stuff and starting to go back on program today!
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:16 AM   #9  
resident lactivist

Esther finally has teeth! She cut her two bottom teeth within about a week of each other. Unfortunately, this makes her occasional clamping down that much worse.

I was sick about half of this past week. We still don't know when we're going back to Texas. I'm not looking forward to spending a day flying 4,000+ miles with three small children. I remember how bad it was with just two of them at the beginning of last year. Oy.

It's always good to see more mamas nursing.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:21 PM   #10  
Blonde Bimbo

Still no teeth here. I am, and I'm not, looking forward to it. Ouch.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies,

Still nursing my lovely Carter and finding my supply diminishing! Im not ready to wean, so going to concentrate on establishing it again this week, which may mean taking a little stroll away from my "diet". Sad. We'll see what happens at the end of the week and go from there. Just hoping its not drying up for no reason at all....

Anyway, just saying hi and introducing myself! Hope everyone is good!
plumptobump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:44 AM   #12  
resident lactivist

Oatmeal. Seriously. I had to cut back on it.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:23 PM   #13  
Blonde Bimbo

I eat oatmeal, A LOT, and I haven't noticed that it affects anything here. If anything, my milk production is better than it used to be before I quit on the dry cereals and went to oatmeal since it's more filling. I had to constantly pump and feed to build my supply up.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Thanks girls. Yeah, I had heard oatmeal works for some women and will be trying it this week - am also taking fenugreek and pumping/feeding constantly. Im just upset that this will disrupt my weight loss plans, but at the end of the day, I would rather wait a little longer to lose more weight if I can bf for a while longer. Thing is, Im eating so much healthier and more frequently than I was before, so not sure why exactly my supply is being affected. It might be coincidence, but we'll see.....
plumptobump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:17 AM   #15  
resident lactivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven
I eat oatmeal, A LOT, and I haven't noticed that it affects anything here. If anything, my milk production is better than it used to be before I quit on the dry cereals and went to oatmeal since it's more filling. I had to constantly pump and feed to build my supply up.
Sorry; I wasn't clear. I was recommending it to help increase supply. I had to cut down on it because it worked a little too well for me.

I've been told by a woman who is a midwife in New Zealand that it used to be common practice there (and I have heard it from women who say their mamas told them the same) to give new mothers beer to help get their supply established. Of course I can't advocate that (the whole alcohol consumption issue), but brewer's yeast is supposed to be another supplement that helps.

If you don't already, you can also try to let him use you as a pacifier sometimes. Any little bit of suckling is supposed to help.