Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Boyfriend suggested surgery!

A few weeks ago I was moaning about my handles and my stomach. My boyfriend pipes up and says, if your that bothered about them get surgery and have them removed. I was gutted.

I have lost a little weight since christmas, and in fair play this loss has decreased imensely despite me still exercising for an hour on most days. I am so frustrated by this fact. I've even considered a 'loose 15-17lbs in a week diet'.

Argh, fair enough I do hate my handles, I'd like my stomach to be flatter and Id love to have skinny legs. I've been reading that most people weighin more than me are fitting into size 14 clothes. Omg, I have only dropped one dress size.

How easy was is for you to loose the last stone (those of yo uthat are on your target weight)? How long did it take you?
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:38 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

The tummy, butt and thigh's are the last places I lose. I didn't actually start getting the flatter tummy and get the courage to go to a one-piece until I was within about 5 pounds from my goal. The rule generally is wherever you gain first, you will lose last. And you may need to revise your goal as you get closer and see how it's going. But don't get disgusted with the tummy now. It was bigger. Now it's headed in the right direction.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

In your boyfriend's defense, he didn't just say it apropos of nothing - you were "moaning" about the things about you that you don't like. He was trying to be helpful, he didn't give the best response, but his response was in response to you.

I lost the first 55 lbs fairly quickly (about 7 months) - it took me another NINE MONTHS to lose the last 15 lbs.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:53 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

When I used to moan or complain about my weight, my DH would tell me to "just exercise". It made me mad. He doesn't exercise and has never had a weight problem. He was trying to be helpful and probably trying to shut me up. I guess I always thought there should be some kind of pill that would just magically take the weight off over-night. It didn't work that way. It took me 6 months to lose 60 lbs. and a little over 6 more months to lose another 28 lbs.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Once upon a time I used to be really small, so small that my sister and I would shop at kids stores for shirts and jackets. But even at that size I had a little pooch and bigger thighs.. I'm not sure if thats how your body is, but if it is, you will have to make peace with having thighs and a belly. It's odd, the more I can accept my body at the weight it's at, the more I lose weight.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote