WW Clubs and Groups - FAB & FIT 40's AND 50's #181

View Full Version : FAB & FIT 40's AND 50's #181

Hi! The old one was getting so long.
Hi! Old one was getting so long.
Jen,
Did sing Daydream Believer? Britts has a DVD of them. She loves them. I was a Mickey girl myself. :lol:
Glad you got an extra day off.

Es,
Hope the @work works out.
Britts was so excited to see Tom Hanks. She has always loved him.
Hope your back is better.
I would LOVE for y'all to come down. We could meet in the middle somewhere like in Ohio. That is about 8 hours from here and 8 hours from New York. :lol:
Seriously, it would be so cool to meet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy,
Sound slike your social calendar is full. Sounds like a lot of fun.

We went and saw Click yesterday. It was so good.
We went out to eat and then saw fireworks. It was nice. The kids and I rode in the back of the truck. Bruce of course gave us a good ride. We set off fireworks at home afterward. I love doing that.
Gotta go and take Bradley to lessons. Be back later.
Luv y'all,
Terri

Jenny523
07-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Davy Jones was a 90 minutes performance, with 25 songs. It was so funny to see women my age screaming and holding up OLD album covers :rofl: but of course I'd do the same if it was a Beatle. He looks very good for being 60! Daydream Believer, Valerie, I'm a Believer, to name a few.

Only 2 more days of work and then I've got a week's vacation :dancer: Joe is off also. We're going to veg :lol: and swim. Brandon will spend a couple of days with us.

Hi :wave: to all. Be back tomorrow.
~Jen

Rios426
07-06-2006, 08:17 AM
Hi:wave:

I had to take another sick day. My back is a tiny bit better than yesterday.

Jen, I'm on vacation next week. I wanted to take this week but my boss had put in for it first. I'm so glad I didn't get this week. Besides my back we're getting alot of rain.

Terri, what is Click about?

I'll be back later :grouphug:

I saw the Monkees in 87' - Mike. They were so much fun. I am so glad you enjoyed it Jen. I think the home vacations are the best. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ES,
I hope your back gets better and better quickly. You are too special to be in pain.
Click was Adam Sandler. It is very surprising how your emotions go up and down. It is really good. Bradley wants to see it again and we are taking Brittany today. I love to take her to a movie I know she will like.

Bruce left for Cleveland today. He will have his meetings and then he will rent a car and go to the valley to see the family. He will come back on Sunday.
2 more weeks and I am driving up to Ohio to go to the concert for the Steeler World Championship celebration and Bon Jovi. My two favorites. I hope Ben Roethlisberger is there so we can yell at him to stay off that dang motorcycle. When I heard what happened I did not say dang. I said many words. :lol:

Luv y'all,
Terri

Princess1122
07-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi all,

Back from vacation, stayed home for the most part but had wonderful weather and got lots done... I have to go back and read all of the posts and catch up with everyone but I wanted to stop by for a minute and say hello....

Susan

Rios426
07-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Hi:wave;

Terri, you are so sweet. My back really did a number on me this time. I still have some pain but not like last week. Did Britts like the movie?

I'm off this week. I'm not doing anything special.

Princess, glad to hear you got a lot done. Today I'm getting rid of clothes that don't fit me anymore. I keep saying I'll fit into them one of these days but it ain't happenin! :sumo:

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
07-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Es,
enjoy your week off, and rest your back. :hug:

Terri,
That will be a blast when you go to Ohio...Bon Jovi AND the Steelers :dancer: whoo eeee!

Susan,
glad you had a good vacation.

We're off this week :D Have had the boys here since Saturday, we're bringing them home this evening. It's been a lot of fun, we've spent the days swimming, eating, and playing lots of games.... but it will be nice to be back to peace and quiet again :lol: that's the definite advantage of being grandparents!
The rest of the week will be split between vegging and getting some chores done.

Hi :wave: Sandy and Dianne,
~Jen

Rios426
07-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Jen, it's so nice how you & Joe spend time with the boys. You're such fun grandparents.

I went out to lunch to the Buffet with Dave. I love when it's just him & I. I cherish those moments.

Have a nice evening my buddies.

Es

Rios426
07-11-2006, 07:54 PM
http://www.glittermaker.com/created2/115265824014182.gif

Rios426
07-11-2006, 07:56 PM
testing

Jane
07-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi,

Hope you don't mind me popping in here, but I was surfing and saw your posts about the bands, and just had to comment. My DH and I recently saw The Temptations in concert and they were awesome! Only one of them is an original, but the newer guys gave a great performance anyway. Just about everyone in the place stood and danced to "My Girl". As for the Monkees, I was a fan of Mickey Dolenz. I thought he was just too dreamy, lol. :dizzy:

Es,
SO COOL!!!!!!!
Britts loved it. We saw Pirates... Sunday. Kind of gross to watch but good.
I am praying for your back. I hate back pain.
I love the 1 on 1 with each of my kids. I loved when Brandon (when he was younger) would say we were going on a date. :lol: I know you guys had a good time.

Jen,
That is so cool that you are great grandparents. That is how I want to be.
Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Susan,
Welcome back. Hope you had a great time.

Luv y'all,
Terri

Hi Jane,
We must have poat the same time.
That is so cool. I loved Mickey. I was always the one who went against the majority. I loved Starskey better than Hutch. LOL
The Temptations are so good. Glad you had a good time.
Terri

Rios426
07-12-2006, 10:49 AM
test

Jenny523
07-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Jane, I would have loved to see the Temptations! There's nothing like Motown music. I laughed aloud when I read your signature line, "What happens at Grandma's STAYS at Grandma's" :rofl: love it!

Es,the glittermaker name thing is very cool.

Terri, I was really weird and liked Peter, the dorky one! Paul Revere and the Raiders were a favorite of ours when I was about 13, and my choice was Harpo..go figure. My best friend loved Mark Lindsay, the really cute one.

Well, we ended up keeping the boys another night and will bring them home this afternoon :shrug: what can I say? We have a lot of fun with them...but now I can see we need peace and quiet!

take care,
~Jen

Jane
07-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Terri - yes it was cool to see them, since I'd wanted to since I was a teen. I'll be 53 in Sept., so it took awhile to get it done, lol.

Jenny - sometimes it's just best our kids don't know every little thing that happens with the grandkids, right? No fibbing... I just don't always mention it all. The kids say I let the grandkids get away with things I never let them do. Guilty as charged!

Rios426
07-14-2006, 09:40 AM
TGIF! Anyone up for a Labor Day challenge? We can start on Monday.

Princess1122
07-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Es: that sounds great to me!

How is everyone doing?

I will check back in later on.

Susan

Jenny523
07-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Es,
I'm in! Your Labor Day challenge couldn't have come at a better time...we've had way too much to eat and drink this week :cool: but it was so much fun!
It will be a 7 week challenge..we can post some good losses!
will be back later,
~Jen

decemberdianne
07-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Hi guys:

I've been on vacation for the last 2 weeks, so haven't been around. Steven came in from Florida and picked up 3 of his sons and we all went to the Catskill Mountains. Lisa, Michael and the kids met us there - we had great weather and a great time. I go back to work next Tuesday. I'm sooooo tan -I love it, lol. Tomorrow Willie and I are going to the Jersey shore for the day - I'm determined to go back to work with a killer tan and a white blouse;)

Es, I sure do need a challenge - I really need to get serious about losing at least 10 lbs before the wedding. So count me in. Well, just wanted to say hi, I'll be back when I've read all the posts - you guys have been busy, lol.

Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,

http://graphics.GlitterMaker.com/1/555/115293716019284.gif (http://www.GlitterMaker.com/)

P.S. Es, just trying out the glitter signature - hope you don't mind - its soooooooo cool, lol

Rios426
07-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi:wave:

WooHoo happy you're all up for the challenege. I need it bad. I feel humungous.

Dianne/Amiga, I missed you. I want everybody to try the glitter. It's looks so cool. I'm getting a tan this weekend. It's going up to the 90's! Enjoy the rest of your days off.

Jen, I guess we'll post our losses every week. I know we all have different weighin days but that doesn't matter. I want to lose 20 lbs. I think that's doable in 7 weeks.

Jane, welcome to our group.:welcome2:

Hi Susan, Terri & Sandy. :grouphug:

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
07-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Diane,
Sounds like a great getaway. Love the tan..that's one of the best things about summer.

Es,
I'm trying the glitter sig...they're so cool! I'm going to weigh in on Mondays. Am actually looking forward to it...sigh..another fresh start :lol:

It's soooo hot! Jess and her family and Joey and Ili are all coming over to swim and bbq today. Brandon has a new mask and snorkel that Gramps bought him, and he's very anxious to try them out. We're down to the last two days of vacation :( it always goes by so quickly!

Hi to everyone :wave:

Sandancy
07-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Hi Friends:wave:

Count me in for the challenge too. I will weigh in tomorrow and get started.
I went shopping with the challenge in mind. It is a good time to start since we have lots of fresh veggies and fruit to choose from this time of year.

Has anyone checked out this site?
http://www.hungry-girl.com/

It seems to have lots of sponsors, but still has a fun attitude about choosing satisfying foods.

Es, I had to try this to, lots of fun to play with the options!
http://graphics.GlitterMaker.com/2/651/115305025671203.gif (http://www.GlitterMaker.com/)

Luv to the whole gang, keep cool!

Rios426
07-16-2006, 09:01 AM
Hi:)

Vacation is over. :( Didn't do much but it was nice to be able to sleep later.

Sandy, glad your joining us. I'm going food shopping today. I'll weigh-in then post it. I'll do one of those ticklers.

Yesterday we went by the pool but I didn't get a tan. It was very hot but there were too many clouds. We might go back today.:beach:

Have a blessed day. :angel:

Princess1122
07-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Hello all,

So now what is our challenge? Will we each make our own goals or one as a group? I am hoping to reach my half way mark by labor day and that means that I would have to lose 10 lbs in 7 weeks, if I am looking at the calendar correctly. I think that is a do-able thing for me... even moving at my snails pace :D

How was everyones weekend?

Susan

Rios426
07-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Day 1 Challenge

Susan, I'm going for 15 - 20 lbs. I think we all have our own goals. I have much more to lose than the rest.

I'm tired. :yawn:

Till tomorrow:wave:

Current Wt 205
Goal by Labor Day 180

Jenny523
07-18-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm aiming for anything over 10 pounds by Labor Day. It will be a good start for me.
have a good day~
~Jen

LD Challenge Starting Weight: 224

Princess1122
07-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone!

Well my goal is to lose 10 lbs by Labor Day... more if I can but 10 is the least.

I will update my signature line to reflect the challenge... I am very excited and can't wait to see how everyone does.

Susan

decemberdianne
07-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone:

My vacation's over too Es :( but I came in today with my white blouse and my killer tan - my co-workers are soooooooooo jealous:p They say they've never seen me so tan, of course I had a head-start back in May when we went on the cruise. My next vacation will be last week in November for all the hullabaloo (sp?) that will be happening right before the wedding. Speaking of which, I'm happy to say that I'm finally feeling good about and happy for both Alana and Sal. I think I just now feel the normal, losing my daughter, type of feeling, but I've accepted the fact that they really love each other and I'm finally with the program, lol.

Okay, I would like to lose 10 lbs before the wedding which is in December, but I'll crank that up to loss that much by labor day - never know, could happen, even though my losses after the first week are usually pretty slow going. I'll give it a shot. 10 lbs by LD.

Good luck to all of us!

Have a great day everyone!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/yinyang01/lb/157/147/157/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Rios426
07-18-2006, 08:14 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/lb/205/150/205/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Princess1122
07-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Morning all, I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing.

I tried to go for a walk last night but mother nature had other plans... as it turns out there was a lot of thunder and lightning but we never did get any rain.
Oh well, I will try again tonight. It is so hot and humid here that it makes it hard to walk but I keep telling myself even if I get two miles an evening that is better then nothing.

Have to run for now!
Susan

Hi all!
I'm in on the challenge. I am leaving for Ohio tomorrow and will watch up there but won't be 100% until a week from today. I will go for 10 pounds too.
GO US!!!!!!!

Dianne,
I am so happy that you are comfortable now with the wedding. Have fun!
I cry just thinking of any of my babies leaving.
CONGRATS on the killer tan.

Jen, Es,. Sandy and Susan,
Great posts. I love reading them. I will try the glitter when I get back.

I am so nervous about driving. Has anyone of you driven a long distance without hubby? If so how far? Any advice?

I love you all!
Terri

Princess1122
07-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Terri: I have taken many long trips with out my husband with me... no worries just use some common sense...

Lock your doors, only use busy rest stops/gas stations for your potty breaks and fill ups, use your credit or debit card and don't flash any cash (but keep some hidden in your purse or where ever in case of emergency and if you need something and a store only takes cash) ... stick to main roads and make sure you have a good map and fully stocked cooler with you... Take a fully charged cell phone with you and have your emergency numbers were you can easily find them... Keep your tank full incase you get caught in traffic jams, don't wait for the last minute to fill up...

Not sure what part of Ohio you are going to but around the larger cities you will be more apt to run into traffic jams and accidents so a full tank, munchies, drinks, stuff for the kids to do, etc will make a world of difference.

I am only about an hour and half from the Ohio border... DH is from a Cincy and we go there every now and then... Wonderful state and lots to do. Have a great time and don't worry!

Susan

Thank you so much Susan. We are coming into Ohio through Cinci. I am driving on 71 N. to Columbus. I am hoping to avoid the after work traffic in Cincinnati. It will be Britts and me. It will be 8 hrs. tomorrow and then 2.5 the next day. I hope the Camaro makes it. It got an excellent grade at its checkup. :lol:
I'll talk to y'all later.
Luv ya,
Terri

Jenny523
07-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Terri,
I know you're already on the road, but Safe Trip to you and Britts.
I have to give you credit, I'm such a chicken, I've never driven more than an hour without Joe :o

let us know you've arrived safely....and have fun!!!
luv,
~Jen

Jenny523
07-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Well, I've got to say, I'm having a heck of a time...
no!
a horrible time trying to get back on program,
in spite of our LD Challenge.

Breakfast and lunch is not an issue. I can stay OP and know how many points I've got left for the evenings. However, we've been winging it for dinner..not to mention the desserts every evening.

In a couple of weeks we should be getting veggies from the garden, which makes a huge difference in the way we eat. Right now we're going for convenience, which is not always a good choice.

How is everyone else doing?
~Jen

Rios426
07-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi Girls:wave:

Jen, out of our group we are the ones that always have problems in the evenings. I was doing okay till yesterday. I got some news that stressed me out & once again turned to my comfort food, light Breyers ice cream. Today is a new day.

Have a nail appt.

Till later:grouphug:
Es

Sandancy
07-22-2006, 11:54 AM
I really would have to say this week has been a mixed bag of trial and error as far as getting totally back on program.
It has to do with my job in a way. They are heavy duty clockwatchers there. I thought this was a professional position and that getting the job done and done well was what mattered. It turns out that I am an hourly employee. I am supposed to arrive on the dot and leave on the dot of the hour too. Since traffic has been unpredictable, they actually spoke to me about arriving 8-15 minutes late on a few days, and it didn't matter if I stayed late. I am supposed to keep to the exact hours. After all these years of being a free spirited contractor, it is difficult to get used to the office culture.
So, to wind up my long story, I started going in earlier this week and buying an Egg McMuffin or a bagel on the way to work. I didn't pack my lunch as much as I thought I would, and bought lunches in the cafeteria. Later in the week I bought some really healthy bran muffins at Trader Joe's, so I am starting to get back in control. I think I am actually down a bit.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!
TTYL:beach:

Zoe
07-24-2006, 01:43 AM
Hi you's guys......yes, it's me......your long-lost friend in Texas. I know, I know....I just tend to disappear for months. This time, a lot more months than usual but I've thought about y'all many times. It's taken me quite a few days of lurking before I even brought myself to post. I'm ashamed to say that I have COMPLETELY fallen off the "OP" wagon. :cry: Why? Just haven't cared much about the way I eat.

I guess I shouldn't go into a long story of WHY and WHAT but as some of you from way back (when we were just the Fab 40's) know, I was doing SO well. Lost 45 lbs, had only 3 lbs to get to my goal and then WHAM!! Gained it plus another .4 to boot. After getting back on track AGAIN, I lost 35 of those pounds, only to have gained most (hey, not all this time...woo hoo :rolleyes: ) of it back. So now I am once again, starting over. As a matter of fact, my "start over" starts tomorrow. <sigh>

I really missed ya'll. The summer has been good. If you remember, we were expecting our first grandchild on January 16.....well, little Rylea Alexis is here and got here early, on Jan 6. I am SO loving it! She is 6 1/2 months old and already has her first tooth!! I love being a part of her life and so glad that they decided to move to Texas. (did I mention that??) Anyway, it's wonderful.

I may have mentioned way back then (I'm sure I did) that I gave up my management position at work to go part time. This has worked out wonderfully but now, I want MORE time off. Unfortunately, even though Greg makes great money, the cost of having 2 extra adults in the house now is really putting me in a crunch. Their house in FL had sold but the buyer's financing fell through on the day of closing. I little hiccup in the plan that wasn't expected. So, they are living with us and have hardly any money due to still paying the mortgage in FL, other bills and of course, Jenna being at home with Rylea. She is looking to go back to work, even though she doesn't want to but for now, she will have to. I hate the thought of that baby in day care and I am trying to rearrange my own work schedule to accommodate but it may not happen as fast as she needs to work. Even if she goes to day care for a month or 2, then we can take her out later if we can.........although, there ARE many good ones out there and the interaction with other kids would only be a plus. It's still all up in the air.

That's it for now.....:)

Jenny523
07-24-2006, 07:48 AM
Zoe!!! Welcome home! It was great to hear from you again. Rylea is gorgeous..but you know that! Being a grandmother is awesome, isn't it? You've got a full plate right now. Don't sweat the gain, you're back and that's what counts. Good luck on your fresh start!

My first week of the LD Challenge was a non-event. Maintained and have no loss to post.
However! I've pulled out my WW booklets and QuikTrak and am going back to the basics, beginning with journalling.

Have a great Monday!
~Jen

Princess1122
07-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Happy monday all!

w/i was not great for me this week, up 1.2 but it is that TOM so it will be better next w/i.

Had a nice weekend with DH, we went to the farmers market and Trader Joe's, love both of those places! My oven is on the blink so I have a repair man coming out to look at that on Friday... until then I guess it is the grill and the micro-wave or PB&J sandwiches :D ...

Beautiful day here and for the most part we had a nice weekend weather wise. went for a couple of walks on Sunday, about 6 miles worth and that felt great! I love to walk with DH, it is great time for us to be together and talk.

Have to run but will check back later on.
Susan

Jenny523
07-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Sandy,
It must be challenging for you to face the clock restrictions after being on your own. Many employees thrive under looser restrictions, perhaps more employers need to focus on that. I hope you find a workable timetable. Traffic is such a pain, being as unpredictable as it is.
We harvested our first bounty from the garden! :cb: We sauteed sweet banana peppers along with Italian sausage for dinner. They were so good!

Susan,
I cannot even believe you walk 6 miles :eek: that is so awesome.

We were in the pool after work today. I've been focusing on exercising for at least 30 minutes each time we take a dip. It does do a world of good, as I feel much more limber and "stretched".

Terri,
say "hi" from Ohio!

Es,
Hope the news was not too awful. At least you do "light" ice cream :rolleyes:

There is an opening in the Human Resources Dept. where I work; have put in my application and spoke to the HR Director. I have my :crossed: that it pans out for me. Won't hear for a while, I fear. I've mastered the office I'm in...there are no positions in the Finance Dept. where I work for me to take on. So, I'm hoping I can get this one. Say a prayer that I get an interview!

take care,
~Jen

Princess1122
07-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Sandy: I agree with Jen... those kind of employers are so tough to work for but here in the mid west it is a bit more lax then on the east coast... I grew up outside of Philly and being on time and things like that could make or break a job. Now don't get me wrong, it is not a cake walk here and you can't just come in when ever you want to but many more employers out here allow you to flex your time and that just makes it much easier on the employees and makes them happier and more productive also.

Jen: Prayers and best wishes for the HR position!

All: Have a wonderful and happy day! I have to run but will check back in later on.

Susan

decemberdianne
07-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Hello my buddies:

ZoeGirl ! Welcome back! Its so good to see you back here again. You know you're always welcome here. Your granddaughter is sooooooooooo beautiful -nice and chunky the way I like them, lol (don't worry we'll put her on ww later, just kiddin'!) You must love having her and her mom and dad living with you. I understand about not wanting to put her in a nursery - you really have to find a good one. Alana was actually working in a nursery last year and now that she's a teaching assistant, she was so close to one of the babies, that she goes once a week to pick her up and hang out with her, lol. She loves kids. As I mentioned, she's getting married in December and her fiance, Sal is a teacher also, so they have lots in common.

Jen - lots of good luck on interviewing and getting that position. I'll be praying for you.

Es, amiga, como estas?

Terri - are you still in Ohio?

Hi Sandy and Princess :wave:

Well, I actually joined a gym this past weekend. Alana and Sal are members and they kept inviting me to be a guest, so I finally went on Saturday and it was great. I went back on Sunday and joined. I did 30 mins on a treadmill and then 30 minutes on a bike - so 60 mins, I thought was pretty good for the 2nd day. Willie came with me as my guest when I joined and he's thinking of joining too. They also have something like Curves, where there are several machines and you go on each one for like 5 mins. I haven't tried that yet. We're going back tonight. To be honest, there's tons of machines that I have no idea what to do with:dizzy: I'll have to get some instruction. But the treadmill and bike I know how to work, lol. I need to get serious about losing weight before the wedding and I think this will help alot.

Well, I gotta run. I'll talk to you's soon. Have a great day everyone - even you Es, I know how much you love (NOT) Tuesdays.

hugs,
Dianne

Zoe
07-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Good Evening all :wave:

Wow, it's really good to be "HOME"! I really missed you's guys. Today is day 2 of my "start over" and I feel really great. I'm not going to meetings anymore. I thought y'all were the best cheerleaders I know so I'm going with that. :D

Dianne ~ I guess you know what I'm going through with the wedding stuff. So much to do and most of it at the end so, so little time. Thank you for your kind words about Rylea. Yes, I think she's a doll too and just can't love her any more than I do. I told Jenna that if I know how great grandchildren were, I would have have them first. :lol: Oh, and WTG on joining the gym. I belong to 24 hr fitness but never go. Crazy, huh.....so good luck with it.

Jen ~ Thank you also for your kind words about Rylea. She's just a joy to have around. I'm hoping that I can arrange to be home to watch her when Jenna goes to work.....we'll see.
Pool/swimming is great exercise. I should jump in ours every night but I don't. I'm just so tired after dinner. Good luck with the HR job.

Susan ~ we haven't 'met' ~ I'm Zoe, the long-time-member-but-tends-to-disappear-for-months-at-a-time girl. :)

Sandy, Es. and Terri ~ hi (again) Hope y'all are well.

Well, have a wonderful night everyone......oh, I hope it's not too late to jump in on the LD challenge.....as you can see from my little weight thingy at the bottom, I am REALLY starting at square one........oh well, like you said, I'm here.

Thanks guys.....

Me <><

Princess1122
07-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Happy hump day all!

Zoe: Glad to meet you!

Nothing new here really... supposed to be kind of rainy for the rest of the week so getting my walk in may be a problem :( but I will walk when I can and hopefully get in enough to see the scale go down on w/i

Have to run but hello to all!
Susan

Sandancy
07-26-2006, 11:30 PM
Hi Buddies:carrot:

Mike had a job interview! He felt really positive about how it went, but we may have to wait 2 weeks for their decision. I had been trying for the longest time to get him to go to networking meetings that are run by the Dept. of Unemployment. He finally did start going and it is helping him to get more active in his job search again. The one year anniversary of his lay off was last week on July 19th. I had been so moody building up to it, but lo and behold the sky didn't fall. I am finally feeling more hopeful about him getting work again. Keep us in your prayers, my friends.

Jen, I hope you get the job that you want. My job is in HR for a state college. Now that I am showing up 5 minutes early, I feel as if they are more friendly. My direct supervisor kiddingly said that people are watching me and that they can't play favorites. I finally decided that the key is to learn the office culture and to go along with it as long as it isn't against my morals!:devil:

Zoe, Welcome back, it is wonderful to see you back again. Congratulations on your darling granddaughter, she is absolutely beautiful. Best of luck to your daughter and SIL in selling the house, the job situation , and finding the right day care. My David is now 25, but it brings back memories of going through almost the same myself when he was just 1 year old. We moved back from Maryland to Mass. and couldn't sell our house for a year and a half. Our furniture was in storage and we lived in part of my grandparent's house. It did work out fine, but those transitions....:?: can be tough.

Hi Es, One of the big things in my office is pets. We have a bulletin board where everyone hangs up pictures of their dogs and cats. I think someone who used to work there even had ferrets. Anyway one of the guys is getting a pug soon. He is getting the puppy from a breeder and has already put a picture of this tiny dog that is as big as my hand up on the board. Sooo cute, of course I am thinking of you

Sandancy
07-26-2006, 11:30 PM
OOPs hit submit twice.

Just a big hello to the rest of the gang, I am running out of steam and I have to get up at 5:45 AM.

G'nite all,

Princess1122
07-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone and best wishes to all that are looking for jobs, experiencing difficult times, or just feel down... Have faith and keep smiliing when ever possible!

Have a great day all!
Susan

Jenny523
07-28-2006, 07:49 PM
What a HOT day! :sunny: And another in store for tomorrow, which is the day of our annual Family Picnic. It will be the first without Aunt Ginny, who will be on all of our minds. Spending the day outdoors will be a challenge. We're bringing tons of water. I'm so looking forward to seeing my cousins! I'm all set with the pies for the pie-eating contest. This year we're also having one for the kids 12 and under. I've got 5 shiny gold Sacajawea dollars for the winner :lol:
Afterwards our kids and Bubba, with her girls, come back here for swimming and a sleep-over.

Sandy,
Hoping that Mike hears good news soon. The time flies by so quickly, it's hard to believe it's a year already. Quite often we build events up in our minds to much bigger/worse proportion than they ever are (at least I know I do!) I'm glad you're doing okay. I continue to keep you both in my prayers and thoughts.

Dianne,
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better about the wedding/marriage. You go, girl, with the working out!!! :cp:

I was asked to schedule an interview for the HR position next week! :crossed:

And, finally, I want to show off this pic, which I love, of the boys! Brandon, on the left, looks shorter, as he's sitting on the windowsill. Matt was actually relaxed here, instead of being his usual Tazmanian devil self!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/jen523s/Family/DCP_2185.jpg

HI :wave: Terri, Es, Susan, Zoe

~Jen

Zoe
07-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Hi all :wave:

Well, it's Saturday, YIPPEE!! This used to be my WW weigh in day but since I've decided to do it on my own, I don't have to get up and out the door so early. :)

I didn't get off to a good start but I feel good about my program now. All this wedding stuff (and expense!) is stressing me so much that one day I'm good and can't eat a thing and the next, I'm eating anything I can get into my mouth! That in itself is stressful! The good news is that the wedding is 3 weeks from today so it will be over soon. I hate to sound like I'm wanting it to be "out of the way" but you know what I mean........the final day will be so beautiful. I'll be sure to get the pic's to you's guys.

Jen ~ the boys are SO good looking!! What a great picture. (how did you post it so big? Mine are small but get big when you click on it. :?: ) It's super hot here too......keep cool at your reunion, don't get over-heated. Drink your water.....I'm sure that y'all will have many wonderful stories to laugh (and cry) about Aunt Ginny......remembering her is important.......and mostly, HAVE FUN! And still praying for you and that HR position.

Sandy ~ My thoughts and prayers are with Mike. I think a GOOD job takes weeks for the decision so this could be "the one". :) I hope so.

Hi Dianne and Susan :wave:

Terri, only being back a week, is Ohio a vacation?

Es ~ come talk to me girl....

On the job search front, as I mentioned, I'm trying to find something to do from home, even typing/data entry, so that I don't have to go to an office anymore and can stay home. I have my own small business but no time to promote or build it. My clients are people at work and referrals. It's called PaperScraps and I make greeting cards, picture frames, gift tags and scrapbook items. I'm surprised how many people actually would rather BUY these things instead of MAKE them themselfs. :?: But, to my advantage I suppose. Question, does anyone know if any of those "type from home" jobs are legit? They just seem too good to be true.

Well, time to eat breakfast, then go look for a dress. I'm trying to get used to the fact that after all my playing around and eating too much, I'm going to have to be the "fat-mother-of-the-bride". :( So I'm off to look for something slimming.....if that's even possible. First stop, Macy's...

Have a great day!

Rios426
07-30-2006, 09:15 AM
I missed my buddies:wave:

OMG Zoe!!!!!!!!!!! I was shocked when I saw your name. I missed you! Your grandaughter is soooooooooooooo cute. I understand about day care. Welcome back girl. :)

Mi Amiga, now you see why I hate Tuesdays. I was hospitalized Tuesday afternoon.

I had severe abdominal pain, sweating, vomiting, Tuesday at 1:AM. I took pepto bismol went back to bed. 2 hrs later same thing. Long story short, I thought I had the runs & it was blood. Went to the ER. I got out Friday. I have what they call severe colitis. Guys I felt so sick I thought I was going to die. I was going to get a colonoscopy right then & there but I have too much inflamation. So see, I wasn't MIA. I thought of all of you.

When I WI on Monday I was down 2 lbs. I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll be back later.

I love you all. Zoe I'm so glad you're back. :grouphug:
Es

Sandancy
07-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi Es, :hug:

I hope you are more comfortable now, You must have been so miserable, were you able to go back to work today? I sure hope this was a one time attack. I had something like that about 10 years ago, and I think it was caused by food poisoning. I was sooo sick!

Feel better really soon! :grouphug:

Hi to the rest of the gang, I am kind of wiped out today, the whole family went to the Red Sox game last night. They lost 10-4. Ouch. It was a really late night. I got to bed after 1AM and had to get up for work at 5:45.

I am still struggling to get back with the program consistently, but I am down at least 2.5 so far.

Luv ya's
Sandy

decemberdianne
08-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Hi Women:

Es, mi amiga - how scary for you. Do you have to have a special diet with colitis? Did they give you meds? I'm hoping you feel better really soon. Much love and hugs to you. Take it easy - hope you are resting at home.

Jen - the boys are soooooooooo handsome, God Bless them. Hope you had a great time at the family reunion. I know you will all miss aunt Ginny, especially the first year without her, but sure you all have great memories of her. Good luck with the HR position.

ZoeGirl: Don't know whether those at home jobs are on the up and up or not - someone once said if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. How is sweetie Rylea doing? I know you must love having her at home. Wow, 3 weeks to the wedding and I thought 4 months was too short, lol. Good luck with the dress, I've been out there all weekend and didn't find anything - but I still have time. I'm sure your daughter will be a beautiful bride, can't wait to see those photos.

Sandy - How is Mike doing - still waiting to hear? I wish him lots and lots of luck. How is your job coming along, any better? How are the boys doing?

Hi Princess and Terri :wave:

Well, I've been going to the gym every other day and keeping a journal. Today I stayed home and went in Darren's pool and then went to the gym with Alana and Sal - its nice to do something with them. I barbecued after the pool and they ate with us. I'm getting to know Sal more and more and he's really a good guy. Things are moving fast - right now a shower is being planned. The date is Oct. 1. That will be here before we know it .

Well, its getting late and I've gotta get to bed. I will talk to yous soon. Take care of you Es!!!

Love,
Dianne

Rios426
08-01-2006, 10:20 AM

I'm home. I have to see the doctor tomorrow. If she says it's okay to go back to work, I'll be going back Thursday.:crossed:

Mi Amiga, I am on meds. I guess I have to watch what I eat. I'll know more once I see my dr. I noticed when I have to go I get pain. When I think about it that was happening for awhile. Good going on joining the gym. You'll be nice & toned by December.

Sandy, I'm hoping this attack was a one time thing. Congrats on your loss.

This set me back with our challenge so I'll be starting tomorrow.

Have a great day my buds.
Luv, Es

Princess1122
08-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Just stopping by to check in...

Es:I am so so so sorry to hear about your ill health and I sure hope Sandy is correct and it is a one time deal and you are back to good health soon... not to mention just not having pain every time you have to go potty... now that has to be just about the worst... feel better soon!

Dianne: Good going on the gym! I am looking into Pilates classes since I don't have a gym membership anymore but the classes are not very cheap either so we will see.

Zoe: Best of luck with the job hunting... I know that is one of the hardest things to have to do lately... jobs are getting harder to find...

Jenny: the boys are just to cute for words! I know you are hot over there, we are over here also... and it is not supposed to get better real soon but they say maybe by the end of the week we may see some relief.

I hope I did not miss anyone... have a great day all!
Susan

Rios426
08-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Hi Girls,

It is so hot!! I hate the summer.

Thanks Susan. I'm feeling better. I figured since I'm off I might as well go get my hair colored. I have an 11:00 appt.

I got flowers delivered to my door yesterday. One from my job & from my brother. They are so beautiful. On top of that I also got a call from the attorneys I work for to tell me they are paying for my WW at Work as a get well gift! They are too sweet. Since I've been out I asked one of them to take over & she collected the money so we should be starting soon.:carrot:

Stay cool. I'll be back later.

Luv u's,
Es

Starting weight - 203
LD challenge - 10%

decemberdianne
08-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Good morning everyone:

Sandy - I totally forgot to congratulate you on your 2.5 lbs. loss - way to go girl :bravo: :cheers: I know its a struggle, but it sure feels good to go down doesn't it?!

Es - Hope you are feeling better. So nice about the flowers, so sweet. Great gift from the company paying for your ww classes. Sounds like they really appreciate you, amiga.

Jen - I was thinking of you last night while Willie and I were having an evening swim, so :cool:. Darren and Lizette went on vacation and gave us the key to the backyard door so we could use the pool whenever we want. It was still so hot last night when I got home and I thought ...the gym....or the pool - the pool won out, :p We had fun, just the two of us, looking up at the stars, so nice. Alana and Sal came out on our deck to see what the commotion was because I was hysterical laughing at Willie trying to get onto one of the floating things. They told us to behave ourselves:p I wish Darren and Lizette were on vacation for another week, lol.

I will get to the gym tonight or tomorrow night. I've finally learned how to use some of the equipment. But my favorite is still the treadmill and the bikes. I tried that eliptical (sp?) thingy - not good, lol. Too much work.
I'm keeping a journal of when I go, what equipment I used and how long I work out. I've lost 3 lbs. so I guess its working. 7 more to go for our Labor Day challenge. After that, I'll try for 5 more before the wedding.

ZoeGirl: Don't get too discouraged looking for that slimming down dress - they have all kinds of body thingies that slim you down - I'm sure gonna get one when I get my dress, lol.

Hi Terri and Princess. Did I miss anyone? Didn't we have a Jane? Oh well, if I missed anyone - hi :wave:

Talk to you's soon.

http://graphics.GlitterMaker.com/7/572/115452411072610.gif (http://www.GlitterMaker.com/)

Rios426
08-03-2006, 09:04 AM

I just found out we're starting WW at Work next week!!! :carrot: I'm so psyched.

Amiga, this weather is brutal! Good thing you have access to a pool. You go Girl with that gym:ebike: Eliptical kicks butt. Pete does it for an hour. The lbs. are going to drop. I'm so proud of you.

I have to see the dr this afternoon(followup).

Later:grouphug:
Es

Hi GUYS!,
We are alive!!!!!!!!!!!
We had a great time. No problems. Brittany and I made it to my sister's house in 8.5 hours. We only stopped once. When we all go we stop like 4 times.
Bon Jovi was sexy and awesome! So was Nicleback and of course my STEELERS!!!! I bought a T-shirt with Bon Jovi's Have a Nice Day tour and with the Steelers Superbowl win on it. It is the coolest shirt. :carrot:

Zoe,
Welcome back. Rylea is adorable. CONGRATS!!!!!! I'll bet it feels great!~
Give her a big hug!!!!!!! 3 weeks. :dizzy: Good luck. I am sure it will be beautiful.

Es,
I am so sorry to read that you were in the hospital. That must have been so scarey. Great gift though. Good luck with WW at work. You will do fine.

Jen,
The boys are so handsome. Growing up fast.
School will be starting soon. How is Matt's finger. It was Matt wasn't it?
My boys go tomorrow!!!!!!! :dizzy: I am so sad. Brandon is a sophomore and Bradley is in the 8th grade. OMG He will be a freshman next year. I just realized this fact.

Sandy,
Hope the job thing works out for y'all. That would be so good.
Congrats on the loss. Keep it up.

Dianne,
Great job on joining the gym. I am not an elliptical fan either. I love the treadmill. Enjoy that pool.

Susan,
Brittany just bought a Pilates DVD. We do it. It is fun and boy do I feel it the next day.

Friday, Sat. and Sun. we have a tax free weekend. It is for back to school buying. Can you imagine the crowds?
TTYL,
Terri

BJLewis
08-03-2006, 08:38 PM
HI all-- just started my WW journey today-- I am 40- a mother of 3 teens and a stay at home mom. Glad to be here!

Jenny523
08-04-2006, 09:01 AM
Es,
Hugs to you and hoping you're feeling much better. What a nice get well gift! Please take care. :hug: It was scary to hear what you went through.

Terri,
I had to go back and re-read what you had written...school begins today? :yikes: and I'll bet the boys feel the same way :lol: Hope they have a great year. Glad you had an uneventful drive to Ohio and that you're home safely.
Matt's finger is great. The new nail has grown about halfway in and the old one is on its way out. A beautiful job was done by the drs and all should be well. He was lucky.

Dianne,
Hope you've gotten more swims in. You're doing great with the exercise!! Good luck on the dress search. I wish I had bought one that I would use again. :cp: whoo hoo on your loss!

Zoe,
PaperScraps sounds as tho it has great potential. Have you considered selling on Ebay? There are many people like me who love that stuff but have no idea how to go about making it.
Jess does beautiful scrapbooking and cards, we're encouraging her to do the online sales thing. Spending time at craft shows and selling in person is very time consuming. Good luck!

Susan,
At least the heat has subsided for a bit! Have been working out in the pool, but I know I need to step it up and begin seriously walking. Tho I haven't been posting often, I can always count on seeing a "hi" from you, and appreciate it.

Sandy,
:cp: Good going on your loss! That's great.

:wave: HI to BJ, and welcome!

I'm struggling ALOT and have no loss to post. :shrug:

Had an interview yesterday morning for the new position. I feel I did well; the nerves went away after the first few minutes and it was easy to sell myself. In two weeks they'll do call backs for the 2nd interview. :crossed:

Have a great weekend!
~Jen

Rios426
08-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Jen, I didn't know you were looking for another job. With all that happened I lost 4 lbs. but I was on liquids only for 4 days. You'll get back on track. I have faith in you. ;)

:welcome: BJ

Terri, glad you're back. Happy to hear you had a nice time. Hi Brittany:wave: The kids start school so early. Here they start after Labor Day.

Hi to the rest of the gang.

Till later,
Es

Princess1122
08-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Welcome BJ! Glad to meet you and I am sure you will like it here.

Jen: Working out in the pool is awesome and boy do I miss our pool during hot spells like we just went thru. Cooler today but we had some really wicked storms come thru last evening.

E's:Are you feeling any better?

Terri: Welcome back!

Dianne: I'll bet you are excited about the wedding and that hopefully will make the Weight loss and little easier since you have something to work towards.

Did I miss anyone... hope not but if so HELLO!

Susan

BJLewis
08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
thanks for the welcome!! Day two for me:>

Rios426
08-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Me again:wave:

Susan, I am feeling better. Not 100%, but getting there.

BJ, hang in there. It's tough but we're in this together. ;)

Hot, Hot, Hot, is all I can say. :flame:

Doc gave me the okay to go back to work. I'm looking forward to it.

Happy Friday, Jen, Dianne, Terri, Sandy & Zoe. Stay cool. :beach:

Hugs,
Es

Sandancy
08-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

:welcome2: BJ, we are a really caring supportive crew here. Welcome aboard! You mentioned that you have 3 teens, boys or girls? Do yours start school as early as Terri's in Alabama?

Terri, your trip with Brittany sounds just awsome! Do you and Britts start school soon too? I thought that you would be teaching?

Es, I am so glad to hear you are recovering. It seems that they value you a whole bunch at your office, as well they should!!

Diane, Your move last year was a good one. Nice neighbors to have in general, and very cool :cool: especially on the hot summers nights. Great going on the exercise, I like your idea of keeping a journal it is very reinforcing to see your progress reflected in it. Now that I am working full time, I am finding it hard to fit in trips to the gym. I use my spare time to garden, so once the cold weather sets in I will get myself back there.

Jen, Good luck with the job!:crossed: How can they resist you? Once you are in HR too, we will have to compare notes. I love the picture of the boys, they are more handsome in every pic that you post!

Susan, How is your job situation, are you looking too?

Zoe, I like Jen's suggestion about promoting Paperscraps on line. There are so many tools to build web pages and all you need is a digital camera to create a catalog of your wares. I can hardly wait, you could be selling all over the country!

I am not the new kid on the block at work anymore. We have a new person this week who will be handling student employment. We have 2 people to do the job of hiring up to 600 students per semester. Well, this is the week that Mike is supposed to hear about his possible new job, I guess you all know where my mind is for now!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and better weather. We were up to 98 degrees for a few days and here in Massachussetts that feels like torture.

BJLewis
08-05-2006, 10:50 AM
2 boys 19,16 and a girl 13.

My oldest son Colin is starting his second year of college in about 2 weeks.

My other two started school this last Thurs. Jared is in 11th grade and Paige is in 8th.

I have been a dental assistant in the past-- but have not worked since last October and I dont think I will at least for a few years.

Have my 22nd wedding anniversary next month-- I was foolish to get married straight out of HS--Luckily we made it work-- although not without some hard times-- which I think is true for all marriages,

I am actually a lifetime member of WW-- but had not been since 1998-- and even then I was above my goal.

I really have appreciated the welcome-- day 3 for me:cool:

BJLewis
08-05-2006, 11:44 PM
I hope to have thinner pics soon--

I am the one in the white shirt and black pants-- that is a friend of mine who also just joined WW-- we were on our way to see Mamma Mia at the Fox in Atlanta-- We also managed a trip for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory-- before my WW join--

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/BJLewis/DSC03727.jpg

Jenny523
08-06-2006, 09:07 AM
BJ,
That's a good picture...how nice to be able to put a face to the posts!
You've got your hands full with three teenagers.
I was also married right out of high school; it was difficult but we made it work and just celebrated our 35th anniversary. Now if only I could muster up that kind of perseverance when it comes to WW!

have a great day,
~Jen

decemberdianne
08-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Hi my buddies:

B.J. :welcome: Great photo. I'm Dianne, 7 kids (1 mine, 4 hubbie's - last 2 ours together), 14 grandchildren, also yours mine but not yet ours:dizzy: My baby girl, Alana, age 23 is getting married this December. Good luck on restarting ww. Its a struggle, but well worth it.

Es, never thought I'd hear you say you were happy to get back to work:p , but under the circumstances, I can understand. I'm glad you're feeling a little better, amiga.

Jen - have you been in the pool a lot lately - did your temps reach 100? We had a few really bad days in ny last week. Glad your interview went well -got my fingers crossed for you.

Sandy - Fingers crossed for Mike too - I really hope he gets the job.

ZoeGirl - what's up? How's Rylea?

Terri - Glad you guys are home from Ohio and you enjoyed your trip there.

Hi Susan - how's it going?

I got a really nice surprise at work on Friday. Sal and Alana came to visit and I took them to the back to meet a co-worker they hadn't seen the last time they visited. Well, when we walked back to the front to my desk, my Son Steven was sitting in my chair!!! He came from Florida to surprise me. We had a great weekend with him and his girlfriend - barbecued with Lisa and the kids, went out to eat. They went into Manhattan with Alana and Sal to site-see. What a shock - but a great one. We took them to the airport this afternoon - it went too fast. Then this evening we went to Sal's parents house for dinner. I had met them already but Willie hadn't. It was really nice - great food and company. I'm glad we finally got together.

Well, I'm happy to say that I'm off tomorrow. I've taken Mondays in August off and that will go right into the Labor Day weekend as well. Its nice to have 3 day weekends. Tomorrow Willie and I will go to the gym - we need it especially after this "food oriented" weekend, lol.

Well, I will talk to you's soon - have a great Monday everyone.

http://graphics.GlitterMaker.com/9/517/115491692959100.gif (http://www.GlitterMaker.com/)

B.J.,
Great picture. Nice to "meet" you. I am Terri. I am a lifer too. I have been since 84'. I am married 24 years to bruce and I have 3 kids. Brittany (20), Brandon (15), and Bradley (13). We lived in Fl. for the first 13 years of our married life and now we live in Northern Alabama. Bruce works for NASA.
I am currently about 25 pounds from goal. This is a lifetime thing. :lol:
WELCOME!!!!

Dianne,
Great surprise. I am so glad everything is going ok.

Jen,
Good luck on the job. Do you believe footbal pre-season starts this week. It is so cool. The Steelers are on Saturday on the NFL network. Go Bears and Steelers. I am so glad Matt's fingers is doing better. That was scary.

Es,
Great loss. Good luck with going back to work. Take it easy.

Sandy,
I am subbing right now. I still haven't taken the time to get my transcripts to get my license here. I will start getting called about the third week.
Britt's starts the third week in August. She is getting her wisdom teeth out on the 14th. :dizzy: She doesn't handle pain well.
The boys get a fall break and they get out on the 25th of May. Alabama tacked on 5 more days of school this year.

It is HOT here too. It was 103 yesterday. Bradley said he couldn't wait for Oct. and I thought it was because Halloween is in Oct. (usual reason) but he said it was because it is cooler then.

Well, I am going to clean for awhile and then read.
TTYL,
Terri

Princess1122
08-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Happy Monday all!

Had a busy weekend... did lots of bike riding and we even got in a round of miniture golf so all in all it was a nice weekend.

My job situation has improved a bit... the buy out between the partners went thru and it is owned by one person only now and the other is gone... we just need to bet some work in here now to keep us going and all will be well.

W/I went well, down 2.2 so I was walking on air all of Saturday after I left the WW meeting.

I have a friend that is a member of a bike riding group and I think I am going to join them and start taking the longer rides on the weekends... it really is a great form of exercise for me and I feel so great when I am done.

Have to run but will check back later on.

Susan

Zoe
08-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Hi gals :wave:

phew, phew, phew......less than 2 weeks until the wedding! I'm busy but not really stressing....maybe the calm before the storm, huh? :yikes: It's going to be more and more hectic as the days go by.....Jenna is leaving for Tampa (that's where the wedding is) Sunday and staying that week, through the day after the wedding, driving back here that Sunday. I am off all next week to take care of Rylea....(oh, poor me....:carrot: ). Jimi leaves Wednesday, then Greg and I along with my son Christian, (oh, and Rylea will be with us) leave on Thursday. Before that, I need a hair appt, bring the dogs to the kennel, make a few picture frames that have been ordered (from PaperScraps) and then, just try to relax. I'm tellin' ya, I don't want to just wish it all away but I'll be so glad when it's over.

Es ~ I just KNEW you'd be shocked to see me here. :lol: I've been thinking about y'all so much but my eating has been out of control and I was so ashamed that I let myself go AGAIN. Even now, I am having a hard time. I just can't think of dieting with all that's going on. I hope you're feeling better. What a scare! Stay well. (how sweet about the flowers!!)
We had WW at work once but after awhile, we couldn't get anyone to join. Having to pay it all up front didn't make for a lot of people. I loved when it was at work.....you will too.

Sandy ~ don't push that 2.5 lbs off as nothing....I would give ANYTHING to lose even that much right now. Good job. (PaperScraps, selling all over the US??? wow... :lol: )

Dianne ~ I don't think those kind of online jobs are much either so I decided to just stick with my own PaperScraps business. Once the wedding is over, I can concentrate on it. Right now, I'm too scatter-brained. How about your wedding ~ everything on track? Hey, cheers :cheer: to you on getting to the gym so much!!

Susan ~ congrats on your 2.2 loss!! A great start!

Terri ~ Hello!! Did you get out for tax-free weekend? We did since Rylea needed some clothes. They grow out of everything so fast! The crowds weren't too bad since we didn't have to be in the dept's where the bigger kids were shopping. :)

BJLewis ~ welcome to this great group. Post often, we would love to get to know you. :)

Jen ~ I love the name PaperScraps! I have the website too but my son has not gotten to it yet. It still says "coming soon" or something like that. :( Hopefully, he will get to that in the next few weeks. I have a lot of business from people at work. I make picture frames and greeting cards. It keeps me busy since I also have to go to the office 4 days a week. Hopefully, I can build it up and quit my office job......a dream but someday, I hope. I have sold on Ebay, yes, but not this stuff. I might try it.

That's it for now.....gotta run and finish a picture frame to bring in tomorrow when I go to work. I'm posting 2 of my works, 1 of which you's guys in NY might appeicate. It was a special request and it's kinda cute.

P.S. Rylea is great!! :D

Princess1122
08-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Happy hump day all!

Rainy here today and supposed to stay like this for most of the week but it is not too bad and we need some rain so I won't complain.

Just chugging along here... not much is new.

How is everyone else doing?

Susan

Susan,
CONGRATS!!! :carrot: Great loss. The bike riding sounds great. I can't wait til it cools off to do it more.

Zoe,
2 weeks. WOW!!!! Will you stay in Fl. for awhile after that? Rylea is so fortunate to have wonderful grandparents. Good luck.

Still hot here. We are going to a free concert here in Madison on Sat. Chris Young is going to be here. He won Nashville Star this year. My sister fell in love with him on that show. :lol:
Can't wait til Fall.

Luv y'all,
Terri

decemberdianne
08-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi guys:

Susan: Sorry I forgot to congratulate you on your loss :bravo: great job!

ZoeGirl: I really feel for you having Rylea all to yourself for a week - you sound really broken up about it, lol:p Enjoy her! I guess it must be the calm before the storm, lol. Just remember to do one thing when the wedding does get here - ENJOY YOURSELF!! That's what I keep reminding Alana and Sal. They are very calm too, but they do have almost 4 months to go. Things are on track so far - the bridesmaids and I are planning the bridal shower for Oct. 1st. It will be here before we know it. Can't believe my daughter will be gone before the end of this year:( Love the frames, especially the Yankee one.

Terri - Have fun at the concert. How did Britts do with her sore tooth? Say hi for me.

Es, amiga - How's it going - I think I forgot to congratulate you too on your 4 lbs lost :cheers: (I'm having too many senior moments lately :p ) :hug: How is David doing - any news on a move to Virginia?

Jen - Hang in there - we've all been stuggling at different times. Keep remembering that amazing, wonderful, stupendous 30 lbs loss, my friend!

I'm down 2 lbs. this week for a total of 5 - I think the gym is definitely helping. But I doubt if I'll lose another 5 by Labor Day - that's okay whatever it is, it is.

This Sunday is willie's birthday and we're going to a Yankees game. Darren got the tickets for us and we'll be sitting right behind 1st base! I'll watch Jeeter every time he throws the ball to first base, lol. We'll have a barbecue and birthday cake with the family on saturday instead of sunday.

Hi Sandy & BJ - how are you guys doing?

Gotta run - talk to you's soon.

http://graphics.GlitterMaker.com/9/966/115515256311364.gif (http://www.GlitterMaker.com/)

BJLewis
08-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Had my first weigh in today and was down 4.8-- very happy and motivated:carrot:

Princess1122
08-11-2006, 10:03 AM
way to go BJ!!!! Great job!!!!

All: busy weekend here as my mom is coming in for a visit... but I wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing...

Have to run but have a great weekend!
Susan

CONGRATS B.J. :carrot:

You too Dianne. Great losses.

Luv ya,
Terri

Rios426
08-12-2006, 09:34 AM
WooHoo BJ!!! great loss.:dance: Very nice picture, you & your friend.

Susan, you are one busy lady. Have a nice time with your mom. Congrats on your loss.

Amiga, you go with your 5 lb. loss! See, it's the gym. It works every time.:strong: What a nice surprise Steven gave you. I'm glad to hear Sal has grown on you. As long as he makes Alana happy. David is fine. He's still living with us. He seeing a girl from Brooklyn who is planning to move out here. I think that's when he'll move out. Haven't thought about VA. I really love Long Island. I would hate to move.

Zoe, I can't get over Rylea!! She is too cute. If I lived close by I would help babysit. She would hate me because I would be kissing her every minute. I absolutely love the frames!!!! The Yankee one:cool:. You are very talented. Do you have a website?

Terri, is Brittany nervous about getting her wisdom teeth pulled? I remember when Dave had his done. I got him the "happy gas". He didn't have a care in the world. :lol: I had to pay for it because the insurance didn't cover it but it did help.

I went to see the gastro dr. He said the type of colitis I have may never happen again. It was an infection & it could of been caused by something I ate. I have to call on Monday to schedule my colonoscopy. He wants to do it in 2 or 3 weeks. I'm feeling pretty good. I still get an upset stomach every now & then & some pain but it's getting better. We're starting WW at Work on Tuesday(1st meeting) so I'm looking forward to that. I didn't lose this week. I stayed the same. I have a busy day ahead of me so I may not be back.

Hi Sandy. :wave:

Have a great weekend.
Love, Es

Jenny523
08-13-2006, 09:42 AM
Congrats to all the losers: Dianne, Susan and BJ! You're doing a great job of it.
Es, glad you're feeling better and hope you never have another bout of the colitis.

Hard to see summer beginning to wind down. We haven't been in the pool for a week due to hectic schedules and cool temps. Today is the day :crossed:

My good friend (who did the rehearsal dinner with me) is moving to Iowa in a month. Her husband is retiring from the Navy and has taken a job near DesMoines. We've known them for almost 3 years and the four of us have really enjoyed getting to know each other. I'm sad and dread having to say good-bye.

My sister Kathie is coming in tomorrow to stay with Bubba's girls for a week, as Bubba and her husband are going on vacation. I'll have Kath here next week for one night before she leaves :D

have a great week,
~Jen

decemberdianne
08-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Mornin' women:

Congrats BJ - great loss :bravo: :cheer:

Es - Hopefully you won't have the colitis again - that would be great if it just disappeared.

Jen - Sorry about your friend moving - is it really far? Maybe you could get together a couple of times a year. I have a best friend since we were babies and she lives in LI, which as Es knows, is not that far, but we seem to only get together for weddings, birthdays and funerals:( She and her husband, who we've also know since babyhood will be coming to Alana's wedding. Enjoy your visit with Kathy.

Hey ZoeGirl - it must be like a week to go to the wedding, right? Keep cool, my friend - it will be wonderful!

Hi Susan, Terri and Sandy:wave:

Today is Willie's birthday and Darren gave us tickets to a yankees game:carrot: can't wait! We had everyone over last night for coffee and cake and it turned out to go until 1:00 a.m.! We played all kinds of games and had a great time. I'm off tomorrow and we are going to see the 9/11 movie. Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend. Talk to you's soon.

http://graphics.GlitterMaker.com/2/164/115548006656673.gif (http://www.GlitterMaker.com/)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar059/fireworks01/lb/158/148/153/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Jenny523
08-15-2006, 08:43 PM
:hb: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO WILLIE! :hb:

Dianne, sorry these wishes are late. Hope you had a great time at the game. How was the 9/11 movie? I rarely go to the show but am thinking of making the exception for this one.

I had my 2nd interview for the HR position today, with the HR Director. I feel it went okay, not as confident about it as I was for the first one. She said they'll make a decision in a couple of weeks.
Que sera.....

Kathie came in last night and looks great. Her hair is about 1/2" long, she looks so cute. Only spent one night, but will be here again on Sunday night before leaving, so we'll have that.

I've got to run, but wanted to say HI HI HI :wave: to everyone!
~Jen

Princess1122
08-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Morning all!

So how is everyone doing on their Labor Day challenge? I am not so sure that I am going to hit my goal but I am going to give it my best effort. W/I went well on Saturday down 1.2 lbs... Mom and I had a great time shopping, spent too much money but we had a blast...

Beautiful day here today... I have joined a few book clubs and will be going to one of the first meetings tonight... should be fun, I love to read!

Have to run but hello to everyone! Have a happy day!
Susan

Princess1122
08-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Morning all...

Jen: I am so excited that you were called back for a second interview... that in itself is a great thing and even if you don't think that it went as well as it could have they may have thought differently and really loved you so keep the faith!

All: Nothing new here really... W/I tomorrow... keeping my fingers crossed for a loss...

We are going to the state fair on Saturday... lots of temptation there!

Have to run but have a great weekend everyone.
Susan

Rios426
08-20-2006, 09:52 AM

As you all know, I'm an emotional eater and this past week was a bad one. One good thing was we had WW at Work on Tuesday. We all like the leader. She lost 100 lbs. There's no way I'll reach 20 lbs by LD. I'm still down 4 lbs since we started so that's not too bad.

Susan, how was the state fair? Congrats on your loss.:cp:

Jen, I will pray you get the job.:angel: Sorry about not going in pool much but you know me, I hate the summer. I can't wait for the Fall.:coolsnow: Great news about Katie. She's a trooper.

Amiga, hope Willie had a great birthday.

Have a great day my friends:grouphug:

Hugs,
Es

Zoe
08-22-2006, 09:32 AM
hey everyone.....just a quick note to say that I'm back, the wedding was great and I will post in the next 24 hours, promise.

oh, and it was WONDERFUL! :D

Me

Princess1122
08-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Just wanted to check in quick and see how everyone is doing...

We had a great time at the fair... perfect weather! Ate way too much but it was one day and now it is over and I am back on plan and doing well. It was basically death by funnel cake but they were good and I have no regrets :^:

Have to run but hello to everyone and best wishes for a great day!

Susan

Jenny523
08-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Susan,
Mmmmmm...funnel cakes. Haven't had one in ages. Glad you had fun.
You're doing really well, your stats are loooking good!!

Zoe,
We can't wait to hear the details!!!

The Labor Day Challenge, for me at least, has been a non-event :o
I've got to get my mind back to where I was last year. It's just not happening!

Hope all is well with everyone.
~Jen

Sandancy
08-23-2006, 07:22 PM
:cb:

Hi Buddies,

Mike got a job offer today! It has been 13 months since he was laid off.
Can you hear my sigh of relief, or perhaps the cheering?

I'll check in later,
Luv ya's

Jenny523
08-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Sandy,
:cb: :cool: :dancer: Whoo hoo ! I hope it's an offer that Mike wants to accept, and that he can find satisfaction in his work. That's wonderful news for you both, I'm so happy!
later,
~Jen

BJLewis
08-24-2006, 01:22 PM
morning ladies-- weigh in day for me-- I was down 3.2 and very happy--

Princess1122
08-24-2006, 04:24 PM
BJ: Welcome to Onederland! Very happy for you!

Sandancy: Wonderful! Very happy to hear about the offer.

All: Hope all is well with everyone.

I have to run but will stop back later on.
Susan

Zoe
08-25-2006, 09:18 AM
hello again :wave:

I have spent all week, trying to recoup from the weekend/wedding. I'm at work right now so cannot write but I've printed out all that I missed and will write later or tonight.

Oh, diet?? Nope, no dieting going on here. I am hoping that now that I'm feeling somewhat rested, I can concentrate on that.....you's guys are my inspiration because y'all doing so well.

Miss you's ~

Me <><

Rios426
08-26-2006, 09:40 AM

Zoe, I go thru being off program more times than I can remember but that won't stop me from coming here. So, hang in there. We're in this together. Hope we can see some pictures from the wedding. Do you like flex or core?

Sandy, great news about Mike.:carrot:

BJ, 3.2:cp: :bravo: :dance: :cb: :dancer: Way to go!

Jen, I haven't done well with this challenge. :( I go for my colonoscopy this Tuesday. I guess I'll drop a few lbs. :lol:

Just wanted to stop in to say hello.

Have a nice weekend my friends:grouphug:
Es

Zoe
08-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Good Morning and hello again! :wave:

The wedding was absolutely wonderful. Everything looked great, everything worked out the way it was supposed to and Jenna looked amazing! I can’t wait to get the photographers photos to post because they should be great. I have a few that family/friends took but most were a little dark but I’m posting a few.

Jenna left the Sunday prior to the wedding. Her best friend and maid of honor, Tonja, flew out here to Texas that Friday and drove with her to Tampa. They left here on Sunday morning, stopping in Biloxi over night. There were a bunch of gifts from the bridal shower at Tonja’s house, so they needed to have a car to haul their haul back. :) Jimi worked through Wednesday (1/2 day) and flew out that afternoon. We left on Thursday. (me, Greg, Rylea and my son Christian) We all left Florida to come home on Sunday….we (Greg, Christian and I) flew and Jenna and Jimi drove. Oh, and Rylea, can’t forget Rylea…..she flew back with us.

I’m trying to recuperate from the last few months ~ this wedding had me so crazy! I am a stress eater too and even though I tried to fool myself into thinking I could lose 20 lbs in the 6 weeks prior to the wedding, all I did was GAIN 4! :lol: So now that it’s over, I can relax and not feel like I’m desperate to loose. (although, I am) I didn’t diet this past week, just sorta got back into the “I’m home at last and everything's over” mode. I even had a fast food burger and fries today at lunch. UGH! I’m going to start my diet after the weekend. I know that’s silly to wait but some of the girls at work are starting a “diet group” after the weekend. Since I’m off on Monday’s, we’re starting on Tuesday. This is how it will work: We will all put up $5 and weigh in each Tuesday, starting next week. The following Tuesday, the person who lost the most weight in that particular week, will get HALF of the money (10 people, you get $25). The other half, ($25) goes into a pot. This goes on each week for 6 weeks. At the end of the 6th week, the winner of that week gets the $25 and the overall winner, whoever lost the most weight in the entire 6 weeks (based on percentage) gets the pot……$150! Now, if you win some of the weeks, that can be a bunch of bucks! I’m hoping to really cash in on this. Sounds to easy, huh? Well, let me tell you, we did this in the 6 weeks before the wedding and I thought, “wow, EZ cash, I’ll do great, lose 20 lbs, yadda, yadda, yadda”. Well, like Es, I’m an emotional eater…..a STRESS eater…..so instead of losing 20 lbs in those 6 weeks, I GAINED 3.8! :( So, with nothing to lose weight for, I just might do okay. I’m keeping my :crossed:

Thanks to all who complimented my frames. I love making them and make quite a few. Every time I give one or make one for someone, someone else sees it and then THEY want one. I don't mind.....that's how you build a business, right? I used to charge $20 but now I've been buying better frames that cost a little more so I charge $23-$25. (Dianne, you probably need that Yankee frame... :D ...) I don't have a website. I mean, I guess I really do have one, it's just not ready. paperscraps.com is me but it says "coming soon".....and not even pretty. :( I have to get my son to at least make it look a little better until I can get it done.

Congrats to all the losers. I'm happy for all of you and hope to get some inspiration from y'all.

Anway, that's it for now. I'm trying to get some laundry done, clean the master bedroom and kitchen. I've neglected it so bad and had gotten rid of my cleaning lady last year. I am SO sorry I did that.....I just might have to give her a call.

I'm posting 3 photos: 1 of the new Mr. and Mrs. Jimi Prince, one of Jenna and Greg dancing to the father and daughter dance and one of Jenna dancing. Hopefully they will post clearly.

Have a great Saturday and I will talk to you's guys later.

Jenny523
08-26-2006, 01:47 PM
BJ,
Congrats on the loss! :cp: You're doing great :D

Es,
Good luck with the colonoscopy, it'll be good to get it behind you (no pun intended) and over with!

Zoe,
The photos are great, and Jenna is gorgeous! I love her dress, very different. Glad all went well and you survived. Your weight loss "contest" sounds potentially lucrative! Good luck.

Have to run, have a great day!
~Jen

Zoe
08-26-2006, 02:55 PM
oh, and btw, Es, I had a colonoscopy about 4 yrs ago. My dr suggested it because colon cancer in in my family. My mom had it and today, is fine and her dad, my grandfather died from it (he never went to the DR when he had problems) so I had one and all was well. It's no big deal.....the worst part is the day BEFORE......good luck. I know you'll get through it fine and yes, that day before will cause you to lose a few pounds :D

Jenny523
08-29-2006, 08:12 AM
Es,
good luck today, I'll be thinking of you.

I did not get the HR position that I applied for. An applicant who had previous HR experience was chosen instead, which makes sense. While no one likes rejection, I'm okay with the decision.

have a great day!
~Jen

Princess1122
08-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Jen: Boy you are handling that really well... what a strong person you are! Not to mention you have a great attitude!

Zoe: I have fallen off the wagon so many times over the years I think my behind has become used to it :D I have faith that you will climb back on and be back on track in no time.

E's: I will be thinking of you today and saying a prayer for it to be speedy, un-eventful, and with a clean bill of health at the end.

Sandy: How is it going? Did Mike take the job?

BJ: How are you doing? What is new in your neck of the woods?

As far as the Labor Day challenge, I am not going to meet my goal, heck, I don't even think I am going to come close. My weight loss is just crawling right now but I am back to trying the Wendy Plan in hopes of getting my body to restart so we will see. I am working out and walking and staying within my points allowance but I have stalled so I need to tweek something.

Have a happy day all!

Have to run!

Susan

Hi all!

Zoe,
I am so glad the wedding was a success. The pictures are beautiful. CONGRATS!!!!!

Sandy,
I am so happy that Mike got an offer. Must have been a rough year.

Es,
I'll be praying for you. My sister just had one and she came out great.
Brittany says she will be thinking of you too.

Jen,
I am so sorry you didn't get the position.
I am so sorry your friend is leaving. E-mails are great. At least you can keep in touch. Hope you enjoyed your visit with Kathy. How is she doing?

B.J.,
Congrats on the loss.

Susan,
I have to eat a bit of funnel cake when they are offered cause it isn't often at all. Good luck on the challenge. I lost a total of about 5. Short but I will chug along. How about a Thanksgiving challenge next?

Dianne,
Sounds like Willy had a great birthday. Yankees!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Brittany got her Wisdon teeth out. It was rough for her for about 5 days but then she tends to be on the baby side. :lol: I know it was sore. Poor thing.
We will have 2 games a week most weeks since both boys are in the band. One goes to middle and the other high school. Brandon's team is traveling to Birmingham this Friday. There are like 20 high schools in our area and they have to travel? Don't get it. I told him I will go to all home games and the first game whether it is away or not. Da*m. :lol:
Can't wait though.

Love y'all,
Terri

Princess1122
08-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Well it is still gloomy here but it could be worse... I am hoping for a nice labor day weekend weather wise but we will just have to wait and see.

Terri: A Thanksgiving Challenge would be great! Your 5+ lbs is great for the labor day challenge, congrats!

I have to run but I sure hope everyone has a happy day!
Susan

Princess1122
09-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Well I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone was doing... not much new here really just looking forward to a three day weekend.

I have to run but have an awesome weekend all!

Susan

decemberdianne
09-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Good mornin' my buddies:

Zoe - the pictures are beautiful and your daughter looked like she was having a ball! How was the baby at the wedding? I'm glad it went so well and hope you had a great time too.

Sandy - Great news about the job for Mike! YAY!!! I know you and he both must be feeling such relief. Did he start yet? Does he like it?

Es - How did your test go? I haven't had one done yet and I know I'm supposed to, but I'm just so bad with drinking disgusting liquids, lol - don't know if I can do it. Well, glad its over for you, amiga.

Jen - Sorry about the HR position - I did the exact same thing back in March. An opening in HR became available and I decided I needed a change and went for it. But like with you, someone with HR experience got the job. She's doing really poorly at it though and having a hard time with the President's Assistant who's been trying to fill a position and doesn't feel the HR person knows what she's doing - so much for experience. But it certainly doesn't hurt to try so :bravo: to you for going for it.

BJ - congrats on your loss :cheers: good job!

Terri - Awww, I feel bad for Britts and hope she's feeling better.

Princess - Funnel cakes? Is that the same as zeppolies? Dough bread with powdered sugar? YUM! Don't feel so bad, I think you're doing great.

Well, for the LD challenge I lost a total of 7.5 - not 10, but that's okay. Now I want to lose at least another 7.5 for the wedding for a total of 15 lbs. I have exactly 3 months from today to do it - wish me luck.

Well, the shower plans are well underway and as of yesterday is exactly 1 month away. The invitations went out and I've gotten quite a bit of replies already and the bridal registries are buzzing, so things are looking good. Alana made me laugh because she looked at one of the registries and said "mom, someone just bought me a bathroom", lol. Someone had gotten all the towels, rug, shower curtains, etc.

I haven't found a dress yet, but I still feel I have time. I want to see something and go, wow, that's the one. I've looked at so many, but nothing has hit me between the eyes, lol. It will come.

Well, its raining here in NY and has been for the past week - darn Ernesto! But thank God Steven, who lives in Florida, is not getting hit badly - he said it has weakend considerably and they just have some heavy rains. Yesterday was his 32nd Birthday - holy, moly, he's old! lololol

Well, guys hope everyone has a great holiday weekend - I took Tuesday (Es' favorite day, lol) off too, so I have a 4 day weekend. Darren & Lizette are supposed to be having a barbecue tomorrow, but I don't know......we'll see.

Enjoy everyone,

Rios426
09-02-2006, 06:00 PM

Colonoscopy went well. Dianne, I mixed the powder with Gatorade & it was not bad at all. It was like drinking an orange drink. I have to go back in 3 years because they found a polyup. Congrats on your loss. :bravo:

I can't stay but I'll be back tomorrow.

Hope everybody is having a nice weekend.

Hugs,
Es

See you on #182.