UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #1  

Default Race for Life - question for those that have done it!

Firstly well done to anyone that's done their race for life :thumbup:

Got mine next week and they don't say what time to turn up (it's at 7.30 pm), whether you have to register etc.

Any advice from peeps that have already done it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carrie
tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #2  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

If you've got your race number you don't need to register, just turn up and do it. Traffic tends to be pretty bad, so aim to arrive around an hour before just to be on the safe side (depending how far away you are - I'm within walking distance of mine so I tend to walk/jog down there and only arrive 15-30 minutes before. There is usually an organised warm up which it is a good idea to join in with.

I don't know if you're planning on walking or running, but it really helps if people position themselves sensibly at the start - so let the runners go to the front if you're walking, or try to get nearer the front if you're running.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:05 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

What YP said!

I do like the warm-ups! Plus they rev you all up for race too with some D class celeb!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:40 AM   #4  

Thanks guys,

Someone at work says she gets to her runs about 3 hours before - I thought that sounded a bit much!

Will def be running unless something happens between now and then. I just about manage 5k on the treadmill now - although the last km is a bit of a struggle, hoping I'll be spurred on on the day.

Another question as I know you guys are regular runners. I did 5k on monday, going to run again today and friday, probably won't be able to do anything over the weekend, so was going to do about 2.5k on monday as my race is Wed. Does that sound ok or am I better off doing nothing on monday??
tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote