Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia #155

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia #155

Happy Canuk
07-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Good evening everybody.

Tammy - glad your family reunion turned out good. The meatballs sound good.

Meme - Nice picture. I use shortcuts as well, and nobody really knows. I don't tell them:) I can't stand all day in the darn kitchen trying to prepare stuff. I do, however, make my own potatoe salad, as I don't care for the storebought stuff.

Joanne - hope the IBS settles down. That is just not fun. Had a go with that a couple of weeks ago.

Mima - glad your little jaunt was good. Did the rain finally stop for you? It is very hot here and will continue to be for the rest of the week.

Canada Day we spent at the lake. It was nice to wade in the water. It is pretty shallow, so it was warm. Can't take the cold stuff anymore. Then we came home and BQed and then went over and watched the fireworks. Ashley was here (and daughter) so we all had fun.

Yesterday, my son came down and we went to Discovery Canyon. It is a play park for kids of all ages. They ride inner tubes over the rapids. It must be cold as it is fed by the river. We had a picnic and James and Ashley had a great time. Little Meela is now about 12 pounds, so she is filling out so nicely. She sure is a pretty little baby. Of course, I might be biased:D

Hi Candice - how was your weekend.

Happy 4th of July to all of you.

Happy Canuk
07-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Here's a little funny to start your day:dizzy:

Little Barry came into the kitchen where his mother was making his dinner. His birthday was coming up and he thought this was a good time to tell his mother what he wanted:

"Mum, I want a bike for my birthday Little Barry was a bit of a troublemaker. He had gotten into trouble at school and at home.

Barry's mother asked him if he thought he deserved to get a bike for his birthday. Little Barry, of course, thought he did. Barry's mother, being a good Christian woman, wanted him to reflect on his behavior over the last year, and write a letter to God, and tell him why he deserved a bike for his birthday. Little Barry stomped up the steps to his room and sat down to write God a letter.

LETTER 1:
Dear God, I have been a very good boy this year and I would like a bike for my birthday. I want a red one.
Your friend, Barry
Barry knew this wasn't true. He had not been a very good boy this year, so he tore up he letter and started over.

LETTER 2:
Dear God, this is your friend Barry. I have been a pretty good boy this year, and I would like a red bike for my birthday.
Thank you, Barry.
Barry knew this wasn't true either. He tore up the letter and started again.

LETTER 3:
Dear God, I have been an OK boy this year and I would really like a red bike for my birthday.
Your friend, Barry.
Barry knew he could not send this letter to God either. Barry was very upset. He went downstairs and told his mother he wanted to go to church. Barry's mother thought her plan had worked because Barry looked very sad.
"Just be home in time for dinner", his mother said. Barry walked down the street to the church and up to the altar. He looked around to see if anyone was there. He picked up a statue of the Virgin Mary. He slipped it under his shirt and ran out of the church, down the street, into his house, and up to his room. He shut the door to his room and sat down with a piece of paper and a pen.

Barry began to write his letter to God.

LETTER 4:
I HAVE GOT YOUR MUM. IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN, SEND THE BIKE.
Signed
YOU KNOW WHO

Tammy
07-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Anne, the letters were hilarious!!! Thanks for getting us started with the new thread!

The meatballs really were good. I reread my post, I said I put all that stuff in the microwave. I'm sure that would have worked, but I really put all of it in the crock pot. I never take potato salad to reunions because my Aunt Jean has always made the best. I just depend on her to do it.

We went out for supper tonight. Really healthy eaters here. The 3 of us split an order of nachos. Then we each had a dessert. Mine was the smallest on the menu, but I think I made the best choice. Caramel Turtle Sundae Pie. I'm glad I'm not weighing until Thursday!!

Anne, being in the warm water would be what I would want also. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with the family. I can't believe Meela is 12 pounds already. Seems like she was just born yesterday!

I've been online trying to make hotel reservations for the weekends when there is a home football game since Tim will be in the band. While making one set of reservations, I realized that the game is on a Thursday night. If I go back to school in the fall, I'll probably have to be at school that Friday.

Since school has been out, I have felt better. I think that I might try to give it a go when school begins with the intervention/tutoring position. I know if I'm absent, they won't get a sub, so I won't be as hesitant to call in that I won't be there. (maybe)

MemeToo
07-04-2006, 03:03 AM
Sounds like you all have been having some good vacations ... I need one bad. I used to like to go camping. Your camp site sounded good to me, Mima. Under the trees! Although hard to get into. And time with family at a lake sounds devine! Isn't this your last year at school Tammy?

Joanne, hope your stomach straightens out ... I hate that feeling.

We changed our 4th plans a little. We're supposed to have thunder showers tomorrow evening sometime and we were afraid we might get rained out so we all went out to eat tonight and then came back here, shot off the fireworks and then had dessert and coffee ... there was 23 altogether. Then tomorrow night there are going to be big fireworks at the county fairgrounds only 8 miles from here so we're still having our cookout here and then, if it isn't raining, we're going to load up in our vans, take our lawn chairs and go up there and watch the show. I'm so tired ... don't know if I'll make tomorrow. Going to bed now.

Mima
07-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Good morning-it didn't rain all the time we were camping and they had bad storms predicted. But I do like the comforts of home. That campground wasn't pretty-best one in VT.. We may camp at my brother's place-then I can shop with my SIL.
Supposed to rain later today-we are going to the parade this morning.
I am reading BLINK-awesome.
Have a great day , all. Tammy, my Title 1 job was the least pressure. No homework.
Mima

Tammy
07-04-2006, 10:26 AM
This is my last year of teaching. The board/administration is leaving it up to me on if I feel good enough to go back. Mima, I agree about less pressure in this new position. I know the special reading teachers were getting things together in a folder for me at the end of the year to help me out when school starts.

Meme, my son and his scout troop are leaving on Sunday for their annual campout on the other side of Ohio. Come on up and join them!! Your change of plans was probably a good idea. We had storms for a few hours this morning.

Blink was great!! I really enjoy Dekker's books.

Joanne D
07-04-2006, 11:29 AM
The tummy is better but still talking to me...
HAPPY 4TH EVERYBODY!!
Sounds like all you guys are having a pretty fun summer.. We didn't plan anything for the summer. I think I may have to think of something and drag the hubby away from FOX news..
I will fix us a couple burgers and some chips for supper. I guess the neighbors will furnish the fireworks. They were at it at 11 pm last night. The booms shook the house. I was hoping someone would call the cops. I guess everyone is afraid they will bomb the house ,including my hubby.They are about as abnoxious as a person can get.I feel like going over there and taking their matches away. I wonder if my age will have any effect.
Happy- The letters sound like something our son did many years ago.. It wasn't a bike he wanted. It was a fast ,gas driven go-cart. He didn't get it. My hubby bought him a sand bike.. That was worse in my eyes. We were out looking for him all the time..I was sure he was going to get killed. He had no problem finding girls. They were calling and coming around hunting him all the time. Another pain in the rear.He was only 12!Thank God he grew up at the age of 45. :D :D
Joanne

Tammy
07-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Joanne, Bob and I were sitting here last night and my tummy was making awful noises. He wondered if it was the creature from Alien. Sounds like the creature from Alien should go take care of your neighbors!!!!

Did you all watch the Shuttle launch? I always pray when I'm watching them.

We're having pork chops, baked potatoes, and applesauce for supper. Tim is tonight's cook.

Joanne D
07-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Tammy- I am still having cramps... I hate these times.. We watched the shuttle go up. I was holding my breath. Pieces of foam was flying off. I hope to God there was no damage..I know that there is a lot to be learned with these flights,but, I do wish some of that money would go to the people who need it..
Hope you had a nice 4th..Yes, I do wish the aliens would get the neighbors. I told my hubby I would like to call the cops and invite them to park in my driveway. but then, I would have to make a complaint..
Joanne

Mima
07-05-2006, 07:05 AM
I tried to go to sleep at 9 with the sound of fireworks. I can't put Blink dowm.
Joanne, I am finding that fat is the worse thing for IBS. Plus I sure can't have soda. I have dicoclomine for the cramps-once they start , they don't know how to stop. But that peppermint stops the cramps too. It really works.
We went to the parade-fun to watch the people and the parade. Then we stopped for lunch at this great fish place.
My friend who is having a party on FRiday called and asked if I could bring and appetizer instead of a main dish and I begged to let me bring my chicken and rice so I could have something to eat. It seems that when I go to parties, there is all this fancy stuff and nothing for me.
Planning the big cookout for Mike with my son. At least it's not here.
My insurance won't cover acupuncture so I am going to try to get chiro to do it. I am in so much pain all the time.
Going to finish painting at the church, The scene is coming out pretty good.
Feel godd people. Mima

Candicej
07-05-2006, 07:18 AM
No rain here but all around us so I am watering like crazy again! DH went fishing and I worked in the yard, then ate my tofu and rice I had made the day before. (new recipe I tried, really good)

Happy..I bought some of that 024 Fibro stuff.....the camphor smell is very strong but not greasy. I didn't think it helped much but then I put it on my hips..might try my foot and knee later. Right now I have a bad headache.....shouldn't have scrubbed behind the toliet..too hard to get back there!

I will have to go back and read the other thread to see what you all have been up too!

Candicej
07-05-2006, 07:40 AM
meme..great picture.....you look like a thinner version of my sister! Is that a ring on your index finger?....my sis wears them on about every finger since she was a tot!

Those meatballs sounded great!..and the potatoe salad and the fried chick and all the food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad food has to make you fat!:eek:

Tammy
07-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Joanne, I'd be leary about calling the cops if the neighbors are weirdos. They might end up doing something to your home if you did. We've had that experience in the past, and it wasn't pleasant.

Mima, glad you are enjoying Blink! On vacation I was reading The DaVinci Code. I had trouble putting it down. It really is a good mystery, and I enjoy mysteries. All the way through I reminded myself that it was only fiction, since so many people have been upset about it. At the reunion on Sunday, there were so many different foods, and there was plenty for those with special diet restrictions. We have quite a few diabetics in the family, so I'm sure that is the reason.

Candice, I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever tried tofu. Sorry about your headache. don't clean behind toilet anymore!! lol We really were talkative about different foods weren't we? The meatballs were absolutely yummy!!

Trying to figure out plans for today. We're rearranging a couple things in the computer room. I'm switching the location of the stereo and a bookcase. It will make it easier to get to the cd's to choose some music.

Joanne D
07-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Tammy- That is why we haven't called the cops. i think their close neighbor did that. They went crazy till about 10.30 and then all was quiet. They shot off the fireworks right up next to their neighbors back fence..instead of out near the road. There was/is a bann because of the dryness in this area..I read Divinca Code a few years ago. That book caused a big break between my son and daughter.. It is just lately that they are getting where they can talk to each other without hostility. I pray for them constantly.. They were always so close..
Mima- I seldon eat anything that has fat.. I am not sure what set me off this time..I will look into the peppermint caps as soon as I can get to the mall or a health food store..
Hello everybody...Joanne

Tammy
07-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Joanne, I'm glad your neighbors weren't crazy the entire night. I'm sorry about you son and daughter being divided because of that book. Hopefully they'll get things worked out.

We ended up going on a picnic today. Just the 3 of us and the dog. The place we went is called Windy Point. It's on a lake about 30 miles from here. When they named it, they weren't kidding! We were able to keep the food and everything from blowing away, but I shivered throughout the meal. The guys went for a walk, and I sat in the van. lol

Happy Canuk
07-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi everybody.

Mima - Fat is one of the things that is bad for me and IBS. The other is sugar, or pseudo sugars.

Joanne - soon it will be finished. I would absolutly HATE neighbors like that. However, I wouldn't do any thing, as they would probably retaliate somehow. You just don't need that. With luck, they will move!!

Candice - Nice to see you. I do hope you are getting along better and not injuring yourself!

Tammy - well it doesn't sound like a very good time on the picnic. Perhaps you need to pick a SUNNY hill:D I haven't read DaVinci's Code yet, although I have had it here for a very long time. I did read Angels and Demons and it was a really good mystery. Also have read his other books, which were also not bad. I WILL read DaVinci's Code one of these days.

Meme - hope you had a good time, doing whatever you decided to do.

Not much new here. I am finished working my part time job, and am now on casual. However, Casual is pretty busy. I am working just about everyday this month, anyway.

I have a pinched nerve somewhere on my left arm, and the numbness goes from the elbow down through the little finger and half of the next one. On my right arm, I am having a bout of Tennis Elbow. Hurts like heck. That is the result of the accident we had a few years back. Flares up every now and then. Wish it would all just go away!!

Tammy
07-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Anne, I agree about a sunny hill!! Even a jacket or blanket would have been nice. I have Angels and Demons on my list of things to read. It sounds like you are staying pretty busy with your jobs. Think of the money that you are making so you can buy me something!! lol Do you think you could have carpal tunnel in your left arm? sounds alot like me. Mine was both arms, had surgery on the right one. Haven't done the left one yet.

MemeToo
07-06-2006, 02:11 AM
Sounds like you all had a nice 4th ... well, everyone except Joanne. Sounds like you have crazy neighbors. You should get a barking dog or something and pay them back a little! ;)

Rain here the last couple days and cooler ... hurting bad with all I've been doing, too.

We had a nice cookout Tues. and then it started raining. We all loaded up in our van and our friend's truck , went up to the county fairgrounds and watched the fireworks (both have handicap plates so we parked close). Couldn't have been better. The rain didn't start until our cookout was over and we were ready to leave. It was just sprinkling then. When we got there, we were able to park right in front of a building with a large overhang and only one other family was there. We all took our lawn chairs under the overhang, out of the rain which was coming down pretty good by then. We had a cooler of drinks and some blankets and sweaters ... it got really cool after it rained. We were right in front of where they shot off the fireworks, we couldn't have had a better seat if we tried. The fireworks were beautiful ... boasted to be the best in the Upper Cumberland. They spend thousands on them. Good day and evening. Went downhill from there. Daughter is moving ... helped her all day today and have to go back tomorrow. I'm about dead after entertaining Mon. and Tues. Too old and too sick for all this ... Going to bed!!!

Mima
07-06-2006, 08:11 AM
That will be me soon. Finished Blink-couldn't stop. But I didn't finish the scenery for VBS. She wanted me to make it larger so I did and a couple of parts aren't right. So I figured it out when I was supposed to be sleeping last night. Had to go on the couch because Brad was snoring so loud, And Debbie is coming at 8.!!!!!
I have been eating a lot of sugar!! I eat wheat free cookies and applesauce etc. I know I can't have sugar substitutes. I am going to get a feeding tube-that will simplify things.
Bye for now. Mima

Tammy
07-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Meme, Tim and Jessica went to fireworks the other night and they said they had some great seats too. Makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it? Sorry things went downhill after the fireworks.

Mima, Hope you got some rest! Bob snores too, so I can relate. I need to head to the library and look for some more Dekker books.

Our church is starting a lending library, so I've been gathering books that I've read. I'm keeping some of course, but I thought someone else might be able to use some. I suggested adding Christian cd's to the library, and they said they hadn't thought of that. I'm taking some of my cd's that I never listen to for someone else to enjoy.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I just made lemon bars. Tim had a doctor's appointment so he couldn't work the lunch shift today. I made the lemon bars for the woman (owner of the place) who took his place. She also teaches with me and makes fun of my lemon bars. She tells everyone that to eat them you have to use a straw or a spoon. The first time I made them it was almost that bad. They tasted good though!! lol

Mima
07-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Amazing!! I needed you guys when I sold my house-at midnight I was sitting on the steps crying because I couldn't finish cleaning it-fibro so bad. Son was not out yet. I had hired someone to clean and they did a terrible job. Luckily it's all in the past!!!
Brad is fixing the whirlpool tomorrow!!!
Young lady tried to sell me some Cutco-I showed her the ones I had, Told her I couldn't afford it. A paring tool is $25 !!!!!!!!!I didn't like that she kept asking me personal questions.
I saw baby Keith yesterday. He is gorgeous!!! Debbie was pretty good-she told the salesgirl all her ailments. But then she cut her jacket on purpose-thinking it's jealousy because I was oohing and aahing over her brother.
Going to a get together today with my co-workers from testing! I am bringing the chicken and rice. It's a gorgeous day.
Bye Mima

Candicej
07-07-2006, 12:53 PM
You all are scaring me with the moving stories..I will be doing it all by myself when the time comes....and do I ever ahve a lot of stuff...I save everything!!!!! My kids need homes so they can take there stuff but they are still in school so it is here.

Meme..I am sending you a small package of some non-fishy fish oil in packets..try it and see what ya think..I take it. Mailed it today.

Happy..put some of that Fibro 24 stuff on it..I put it on mine and it helped some, I also used it on my neck and back and that felt really good. They say you can spritz some in your bath water or drop a towlette in ..but I am wondering about our sensitive female parts..will it sting???????? I just got over another yeast thing....... Today was biofeedback day then ran errands..boy I hurt gotta hit the sack!
did laundry, watered, and got my eggplant lazagne(sp) ready for supper.

Joanne..crazy neighbors sound like DH's family!:)

Tammy.....I have often wondered aobut my tennis elbow and carpul tunnel but they tell me they think it comes from my shoulder area. If you marinade the tofu and then bake it or stir fry it it is like chicken..really, DH didn't know the difference. I love rice in any form....stir fry onion and garlic and celery then add your cold rice from the day before and toss in tofu, or cooked chicken or beef and a little maridnade and yummmy! Fresh ginger tsp.- fresh garlic tbs-lite soy 1/2 cup- and some dark peanut oil- and a tsp of honey...stir well and use as needed for flavor. Keeps well in the fridge. Great on zucchini too.

Mima..yeah on the whirlpool I will be there with bells on;)

MemeToo
07-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Candice ... thanks ... where did you get it? Did you order it or get it from a health food store?

You need to start cleaning out and THROWING AWAY stuff now. I wish my daughter had done that before moving time. She had her house up for sale a long time before it actually sold. If she had cleaned out her cabinets and bathroom closets, etc. before time to move it would have helped. When I went over to pack up her bathrooms Wednesday afternoon she told me to just throw away anything that had expired. I opened one closet door ... the stupid closet was the whole length of the bathroom and had four shelves all the way across and was FULL of stuff. I said outloud to an empty house, "you're dreamin' kid." I wasn't about to read all the expiration dates on all that junk. I just loaded it all up and took it over. I figured if she didn't want it SHE could throw it away! :p

I took today off and did nothing. Felt good but I'm still tired.

Happy Canuk
07-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Meme - where was your daughter? Wasn't she helping? That is a huge job, and even worse if NOBODY went through stuff and got rid of it. I am NOT anywhere near a packrack. I toss out stuff regularly. Glad you got a day to relax.

Candice - do what Meme says and start to weed through all the stuff NOW. Then, when you go to move, make the boxes for the room they belong in. It just makes life easier.

Tammy - I LOVE lemon bars and lemon loaf, and well, ANYTHING lemon:smug: Don't bake much anymore because if I do, we end up eating it and we just don't need it. Don't buy baking either.

Mima - Hmm, I wouldn't need any of that stuff either. Have lots of my own. Some new company comes along and they has parties. The Pampered Chef was one expensive one. If I need something, I just go to Walmart or one of our Canadian Dept. stores and get it. Far cheaper.

Joanne - hope those neighbors have settled down. It is terrible to be 'stuck' by these people. I hope you are feeling better.

Going out for dinner shortly with friends of ours. Then for breakfast in the morning, before they leave. I am already tired from a week of work, and hot, hot weather. You guys are used to it, I am not. I don't like it that hot. 75 degrees suits me JUST fine.

Have a nice night.

Tammy
07-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Meme, you are way too busy!! LOL to just taking all of the stuff to her without checking the expiration dates. Bob checks exp. dates. I use stuff forever. GET SOME REST!!!

Mima, woo hoo to Brad fixing the whirlpool. What time would you like us all to show up?

Candice, I am learning not to save everything like I used to do. When my parents passed away, we had such a time going through everything. I don't want to leave that job for Tim. I had some kind of test with electric shock thingies to test for the carpal tunnel. Maybe I'll try tofu sometime.

Anne, it seems like when I bake anything it is always something lemon (almost always). I know I'll be baking something for church in a couple of weeks for snacks between services, and I'm sure lemon will be involved. The lemon bars I made yesterday were Betty Crocker so it was easy. Took 1/2 to Kay, then the 3 of us split the rest with Tim getting most of that. It was in an 8X8 pan, so it wasn't huge. Hope you enjoyed dinner and breakfast with your friends.

Pampered Chef is really expensive. The way I got some of the things I bought was by having a party. I have some things saved back for my niece when she gets married, which I thought would be last summer! She and Ryan have been together 5-6 years, I think it's time. The best Pampered Chef item I have is kitchen scissors. Even my husband said that's that best thing since sliced bread. We use it all of the time. He just cut up a whole chicken the other day and that's what he used.

I have a zillion pieces of Tupperware that I've had for years. Bought most of that before Tim was born when my sister-in-law was a dealer.

Candicej
07-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Well gals...I have been through all my closets and attic and basement over the past 3 years...took me that long...and I boxed up stuff for my boys and the grandkids I don't have yet. :) I became a pack rat after I quit teaching and my health got really bad for about 10 years and stuff just accumulated and I started to buy things and keep them on hand for gifts incase I could not get to the store. This does come in handy since I do not go out much. I keep thinking I will need this some day. When we moved here we were in a much bigger house and we squeezed all of our stuff in here!!!! So many things I don't use do come in handy at some point..I just know I will be doing all this by myself and I will not beable to find anything once it is packed up and moved. I used to be so good at labeling and keeping things up. It would help if knew for sure when and where we were going, things still in the air at this point and of course I'm busy in the yard now. You all come for a week or two and get me organized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy..I used to be a Tupperware dealer, really liked it too but I bought too much stuff, have whole box I have never used and dip into every now and then for gifts. I did that when I was subbing off and on.

Meme..I put the info in the package, we first got it at a local HF store and they went out of business so the last box I got on the internet. I only take it when I don't eat alot of fish or walnuts. You might not like it, DH doesn't but my son does.

Happy ...I like it around 75 too..just can't take the heat or cold anymore. DH doesn't want our cats to move with us..I hate to give them up, they are my babies. They stay in the basement..I couldn't take all the hair all over 9 I would be consumed with cleaning)and them getting into things. 4 is too many to have up here anyway..we used to just have outside cats. This way they can run and play and sleep without the daily worries of having them up here. They come up and play when DH goes to bed:)

I need some rest...didn't get much sleep last night after my trip out. That eggplant lasanga I made was really good..tasted like parmesan. Very easy .......

Mima
07-08-2006, 07:58 AM
I'm like Anne-I have moved so many times-seems so-I do not keep stuff. Still have stuff in attic from business but it's too dusty.Throw out junk mail the day it comes. Usually!Best thing is that we have a flea market at church so they get stuff!!!
You would not want to see my bathroom-it's all aprt-there is a leak he has to fix before he can put it together, Luckily, I was at the party. You should have seen the desserts-gourmet and many. She is German so there were tortes-I had a piece of apple cake and took off the almonds. But I would have liked the strawberry cheesecake or the champagne lemon peach dessert. Awesome. She baked for 2 days and used 8 lbs of sugar.
Going to try to finish scenery this morning.
Mike is leaving tomorrow to travel and I am going to see my Evan next week!!! Bye for now Mima

Tammy
07-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Candice, I'll come for a week or two and you can just give me gifts!! My mom used to buy things for gifts just to have on hand too. I'll start doing that in the fall, keeping things in the closet for Christmas.

Mima, we are better about getting rid of the junk mail the same day it comes since we moved. At the other house, we could move things from one room to another, but here we don't have as much room. (which was our point in moving here!) Those desserts sound great. Hope Mike has a safe trip. Glad you'll be seeing Evan soon!

Plans for today - finally get things moved in the computer room, do some dusting and sweeping, empty a couple boxes that are sitting on the porch.

Joanne D
07-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Hello Everybody- Yes,the neighbors have settled down. I see where the near neighbor to them have their house up for sale. I guess they got tired of the upset. Maybe thay just want to get something bigger.
It is in the high 80's and low 90's here.. It rained all around us yesterday. my hubby was ready to throw a brick at the weather man.. I guess we will Have to get outside and water today.
I just finished making a top and pants outfit.. I decided I better get things out of the way. I need to finish the quilt for my daughter.. I quilt everything by hand so it takes a long time to finish.
I try to walk 3-4 days a week too. I used to walk 7 days a week for a hour. I seem to lose motivation. I need to work on that.. Guess I am getting younger.. I injoy reading too much..
I don't bake much.I might eat it. I made a banana cake last week. My hubby ate the whole thing in 3 days. I had one small piece.. Now if it had been chocolate I would have been in real trouble..
I am one to pack rat.. I hate to throw away what I might use some day..Not good!
Meme- I think if I was going to help someone move,I would be sure they were there to help. You are too good..
Mima- I wish I had a hot tub..my son has one and says come use it,but, he lives 15 minutes away.
Happy.. 75 is a great temp. We have that in the spring. Sometimes when it rains. Then we get the steam..
Tammy-Junk mail goes straight to trash here too. You won't be sorry to retire. You will be busier than ever. And if you're not so what. You put in your time.. When my hubby retired he got depressed. I bought him a dog. I got all the work of keeping the dog and the house clean.
Candice- When are you moving.. Send us your lasanga recipee.Sounds good.
Better get busy. Bye for now.. Have a good weekend everybody...Joanne

Tammy
07-08-2006, 10:14 PM
I can understand why those people would want to move away from the rowdy neighbors. That's great that you do quilting! I can remember my grandmother making quilts. I agree with you about the reading. Once I sit down and get interested in a book, every other thought goes out the window. I think I will enjoy retirment. Seems like I can always find something to do. lol

MemeToo
07-09-2006, 03:28 AM
She was there! She was working the whole time. If she wasn't at one house, she was at the other. All those 'new' smells ... new house and all the new fabric on the furniture ... has set my allergies on fire. Between that, the swelling and all the aching muscles, I'm miserable and worn out. Today I had all my running around, bills to pay, car to wash, groceries to get in and had to go to the bank and also the florist and get flowers for mom and dad's grave - Decoration is tomorrow ... had to go to church and practice the songs for tomorrow, too. . I rented a movie, went to Taco Bell & picked me up some food and came home and collapsed on the couch for nearly 2 hrs. and watched Shadow Man. (hubby went fishing!) :p Now I'm ready to fall into bed again.

I need an interesting book ... the one I'm reading now isn't so hot but I have to finish it. I can't stand stopping in the middle of a book, even if it isn't good.

Candice honey, I'd come help you but right now I can't seem to help myself! If you wait long enough ... maybe! ;)

Mima
07-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Moving!!!! I bet you are sore and tired. The fibro takes more out of us!
You wouldn't want to be in my whirlpool yest. It hadn't been used in 10 years so black stuff coming out. We put bleach in the water and let it go but it will be a while. I will do it again. Bathroom still apart because drain needs to be fixed and there are still leaks. What a job!!
The scenery is finished!! It looks good. Went to mass at my church with the new priest??? He has to say 5 masses every weekend. Too much. Lots of his parishioners were there-they have to adjust too. We will see.
Planning the cookout! Our dvd player is broken-that's why that moovie didn't play/ Walmart!!! We ordered 2 Gaither dvd's and we haven't been able to play them,
Sunday school and church today-then rest. Bye for now Mima

Tammy
07-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Meme, I'm like you. Once I start a book, I have to finish it. Well, I did attempt War and Peace once, and I did give up on that one.

Mima, so glad the scenery is finished and is looking good! I'll wait till the whirlpool doesn't have black stuff coming out. lol

Went to lunch with a friend. Had a bowl of soup and a salad. Going out for dinner with friends too. I'll try to be as good as I was at lunch.

MemeToo
07-10-2006, 04:27 PM
That's so hard to do, Tammy. But I've vowed to start doing that myself. That's one of the things I said last weekend I'm going to have to start doing. We eat out so much and I'm bad to eat while I 'socialize'. ;) I just have to lose at least 5 more pounds before that wedding next month. I tried on my dress this morning and it looks ok but I don't want to just look ok ... I want to look great! :D Too bad I can't just wear the black one! ;) The wedding is fuchia and black. I bought a fuchia dress and a black dress. I was teasing my cousin and I told her if I couldn't get in the size 10 fushia by then I could always wear the 12 black. :devil: (It's her daughter that's getting married.) She said she didn't think black would be appropriate at a wedding. I don't think she was amused. (Some people just don't get my sense of humor.) :shrug: I read an article this morning that said if you take 500 mgs of vitamin C in the morning and 500 at night and eat more C enriched foods you will lose 40% more weight so I've doubled up on my C ... worth a try. At this point I'm about ready to try liposuction on my butt!!!!!!! Why is it the last 5 pounds are the hardest? I don't believe in dieting and I vowed I'd never do this again! ONLY FOR BRANDI.

Joanne D
07-10-2006, 07:49 PM
I waited all my life to get rid of the rear end. Gravity took care of some of it but I still have more to go.. 5+ lbs would do it for me somewhat.. That is so hard. I have refused to add the diet word in my plan.. I have grown to hate the word...
If a book gets too boring I just fast forward in it.. I usually will finish them though..
Eating out is the one thing that will put the weight on me.. I try not to do that too often. At least not more than once a week..I have enough temptations as it is..
Hello Everybody...Joanne

Tammy
07-10-2006, 11:12 PM
I didn't do bad at dinner, so overall I had a good day eating for once!! I would like to lose 5 pounds by the time Tim leaves for school (Aug. 11). If I'd try harder, it could happen!!

Hey, I've seen lots of black dresses at weddings. I don't think most people really think much of it, at least around here. Maybe I should get some more Vitamin C into me. Let me know how it goes for you. I eat fruits and vegies during the day.

Joanne, I ate out twice today!! That's rare. My friend from Florida is up here, so we met for lunch. Two Mondays a month I meet with my Emmaus Share group for dinner and a short Bible study. All of our husbands came tonight, but they sat at a different table. That's the first they've ever been together at one time. I think they all got along ok.

MemeToo
07-11-2006, 03:31 AM
Tammy ... I'll make a deal with you. Today is the 11th. The wedding I'm going to is the 12th but the rehersal is the 10th so I have to be there then so that's why I'm wanting to lose the 5 pounds by then. We both have a goal to lose 5 pounds by the same date. Let's do it together. What do you say?

I packed a pill case with C, E, Potassium, Melatonin, Calcium, B6 and a new thing that's supposed to be good ... Resveratrol with Green Tea/C & Grape Complex. Resveratrol is the compound found in red grapes ... you can read about the benefits here: http://www.lef.org/resveratrol/

I've got 30 days until I have to leave for NC so that's a pound every 6 days. The reason my cousin doesn't want me to wear black to her daughter's wedding is because I'm going to be singing. She wants me to get with the program and wear fuchsia like everybody else. :p You going to help me???

Mima
07-11-2006, 06:54 AM
I went to a wedding once and everyone was wearing black and white. But fuschsia is sure pretty. I lost 3 pounds by walking and the fact I can't eat much. 3 to go to be back where I was last year.
Had a nice whirlpool last night-we had put bleach in it again. But I got up tp get out and it went crazy-flooded. I didn't know you had to shut it off first because the water level goes down. Anyway, it felt great.But all over my newly washed rugs.
31 people to the cookout. So far . and lots of kids .Steak tips, sausage and peppers, hamburger and hot dogs, beans, potato salad. macaroni salad and rice pilaf-and desserts.
Angela is sick again with diarrhea-almost thought she had ibs but she has the chills and a headache-sounds like a virus to me. Don't come near me/
Haircut-meeting friend for lunch, and then the acupuncture. Not a bad day.
Bye for now. Mima

Tammy
07-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Meme, losing those 5 together sounds like a great plan!! Count me in!!! I forgot about you singing!! Maybe you could wear the black dress and just hang fake fuschia flowers all over it! Wouldn't that be pretty???? lol

Mima, sorry about those rugs, but I had to giggle when I read it. sounds like something that would happen to me. Yummy cookout!!!

I told Bob that I'm not leaving the house today. I have cramps and I just want to curl up under a blanket. He said it was fine with him. We'll see what happens.

Happy Canuk
07-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Hi everybody.

Tammy - I agree, eating out is hard to do, even if you ARE careful. Had a weekend full of it, and am happy to be home to my own cooking. I am like you with the books as well. I can't put the thing down until it's finished. I really get living in the book, and often feel "let down" at the end, as all the characters are no longer there:o

Meme - I am sure you will look great in whatever you choose to wear. Loved the picture of you.

Mima - you were having a lot of fun getting that whirlpool going, and then the flood:) Oh well, as long as you enjoyed it and now you know the rest of the story!

Joanne - I don't see my hubby ever retiring! When he turns 65, he will get a part time job somewhere, just to keep himself busy. He is NOT into woodwork or hobbies. It will be a huge adjustment for both of us. I have gotten used to staying home since I had to quit work 10 yrs. ago. I am sure it is much easier to adjust when you WANT to quit working.

Went out for dinner with friends of ours. Then breakfast the next morning. They live about an 9 hr. drive from here, so we don't get to see them often. Then we went to Edmonton and we took our SIL out for his birthday, and my aunt and uncle, and of course, daughter and Ashley. Then the next morning it was out to breakfast again(a whole bunch of us met at IKEA for the $1.00 brekkie (scrambled eggs, sausages, pan fries and a croisant(sp) The breakfast is mediocore at best, but you can sit around in there for a couple hours and not take up a lot of space.

Hope you all have a nice day.

MemeToo
07-11-2006, 02:55 PM
OK ... we're gonna do it!

I tried on the dress last night before I went to bed. I could wear it now but ... my butt sticks out. It is a sleeveless straight dress with a little fancy 3/4 sleeve jacket that comes to the waist ... one button and scallop hem ending ... guess where? Right .... right on the 'landing' of my butt. It just kind of 'lays' there. Oh, it's not as bad as I think it is, I know. I just want to lose that last 5 pounds, 10 would be even better. (and hope the most of it comes off in the behind and hip area! :p Probably won't ... probably lose it in my boobs!) She said it was black and fuchsia with touches of white. I have both black and white dress sandles with about 1-1/2 inch heels. I can't decide which to wear. Being in Aug. I'll probably wear the white. Anne ... I don't look good in ANYTHING either. I don't like to wear tight stuff ... you didn't look at that picture too closely. I was sitting on my derriere and I had on a black top that hid the bulges! :p

I can't imagine my hubby ever retiring, either. He has to be doing something - always! But he has the trailer business to keep him busy. Only problem with that is ... he'll still be home under my feet all the time! ;)

Mima
07-12-2006, 06:42 AM
That dress sounds so pretty!
Haircut-lunch and acupuncture. I hope it's not my imagination but back is not as sore-next week I will ask him to do them for ibs and back. Absolutely no pain from needles.
Angela is still having dia,......-doc's appt tomorrow-sounds like IBS. My daughter says I talk about that disease all the time. Well, if she had to think about what she can eat all day long, she might too. How soon she forgets her situation a few months back. But she is fine now.But she had heard about acupuncture.
We were riding around yesterday, looking for places for my friend to live when she sells her 10 room house!!-and I showed her a townhouse for sale, The woman in another house cme out and she showed us hers-Carol knew her-and said there would be a place for rent next door in a few months. Anyway, she was excited to see it and the price is reasonable-her house is worth 350, 000 and the one for sale is 229,000. That's how it is in the Northeast. But she has been putting this off for 6 years. And no one will listen to her anymore-except me because I don't see her all the time. This goes with our conversations about condos. and getting rid of houses but she is alone so it is her decision.
Bye for now Mima

Tammy
07-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Anne, I agree about feeling let down when you finish a book. If I am truly enjoying it, I want to go on and on with the characters.

My hubby isn't into hobbies either. He "retired" from his job at Wal Mart last November, and he is 58. He is going to have to find something to do. I can't entertain myself with books and doing things around the house. Now that all of our outside yardwork is done for us, Bob doesn't even have that to do.

Finding a restaurant that will just allow you to sit and chat for a while is nice. My group that I meet with a couple nights a month had been going to a Mexican restaurant. It was wonderful. This past Monday we went to a Chinese restaurant, and I was not comfortable there. I kept feeling like they wanted us to hurry up and get out of there even though there were not busy at all.

Meme, I'm sure the dress doesn't look as bad as you think. Aim for the 5 pounds, and if it's more, that's ok.

No pain from needles sounds great Mima!! Hope your friend finds a place that she likes.

We had dentist appointments at 9:30 this morning. At 8:35, the phone rings and it is the dentist wondering if we are coming. Their books had us down at 8:30! The card said 9:30, but we jumped in the van and flew there. It took us about 20 minutes, and usually it's 30 minutes. They said our tires were smoking when we pulled in, and now they are calling Bob - Lead Foot!! She was able to get us both in and only ran over our time slot by 10 minutes. I thought that was pretty good. The next person wasn't upset at all because I guess a similar thing had happened to him once.

Mima
07-13-2006, 09:04 AM
And me too-but I missed the appt by a couple of hours.
Spent 3 hours yesterday installing McAfee. Had to remove programs and delete all over the place. And I still can't install the privacy part and I couldn't last year either. Are any of you savvy enough to know why. McAfee's help has gotten worse and they didn't help me last year. I had to stick out the installation because I was afraid to go online without it.
Angela is going to the doctor today-she said if she had to have surgery she would ask mt to take care of the 2 kids, I told her I couldn't handle it and why doea she always look to me. And she said all the others work. The trouble with fibro and IBS is that you look good and people can't see it. Anyhow-she doesn't even know if she needs some surgery-I did try to give her verbal and spiritual support. This DIL is a challenge. I guess God put her im ny life for a reason. To teach me something and maybe teach her. My gut feeling is that they need to rely more on themseves to solve things. She finally said that Brett had 4 vacation days. He seems to be last on the list-like she tries to protect him. Anyway, I am venting a bit.
Boy, what weather, Flood in the cellar. Again-even the roof leaked a bit-not much. There is a very suggestive shape over the dining room table and I told Brad it had come back. I spray KILZ on it.
Bye for now-33 people and 10 kids-4 of them babies, will be at the cookout. Even my son was worried about having enough food. Mima
Oh yeah-he's the one that travels to Boston and can't go through the tunnel.

Tammy
07-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Mima, I am no good with computer stuff. We just bought a new printer, and I tried to do it by myself. Basically everything works, but there are things that are happening that are different. My brother was here for 3 hours yesterday to try to figure things out for me.

I just looked at my message from yesterday, and I said I can't entertain myself doing those things. I meant that I can entertain myself!! I should always proofread!!

Go ahead and vent! That's what we're here for to listen to each other. Hope that Kilz will work for you. That sure is alot of people for the cookout. I guess if all of us would show up, you'd never know the difference, right?

Ran a bunch of errands this morning. Stopped at the consignment shop to see if I had any $$ coming. $20.00. I was happy. I then spent a while shopping, and bought a dress, t-shirt, sweater set, and some stationery. I still got change back from that $20.00. All of the clothes in this store are larger sizes, so I feel very comfortable going there. I decided today that I'm going to load up most of my sweaters and take them in. I have had them for years, and I deserve a few new things (even if they are used).

Mima
07-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Wait til you retire, Tammy, and you can bring all your teacher clothes there!
You wear different stuff when you are home all the time.
I was on a chat with a technician from McAfee and I downloaded a link he gave me-can't find it and I lost him . so I will have to go back.!!!!!
Mike made it to FIL safely. They had aproblem with the car-running terribly-people flying all over the place-found out that instead of rear shocks, they had airbags and they had deflated. In the rear. So no money!! Weird!
Angela went to doc and found out she may have a hiatal hernia-is on a bland diet-she doesn't really know too much about fat content-I told her to read labels and she was shocked. They are both very overwight. Anyhow-she feels better. Brad and I are the only small people in that side of the family.

Big-big shopping today. I ordered Brad's cake-brought his baby pic-that party is on the 23rd. Only desserts!
One party at a time!! It's going to be hot-everyone will be in the pool!! Bye Mima

Tammy
07-14-2006, 07:57 AM
Mima, I'm sure my closet will look very different once I take out those teacher clothes!! Hmmm. That means I'll have to go shopping to fill those empty spaces. Almost all of my dresses are jumpers or look like a teacher. The dress I bought yesterday will work for school or anything.

I can relate about being with the technician. It is so frustrating.
Glad Mike made it safely even with the car problem.
Wow, Angela must be in for a shock when she starts reading the labels. It's amazing what you learn when you start reading those.
Have fun shopping!

My plans for the day are ?????. How's that for being sure of things? I ran the dishwasher last night, so I guess I'll empty it today. lol

MemeToo
07-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Hummm Labels. I usually look at calories and fat. Sometimes carbs and sugars for hubby ... diabetic. I don't buy a lot of stuff with sugar anyway. Just when grandkids are coming ... which is tonight (I baked brownies). You don't even want to know what the rest of my day holds. Or tomorrow for that matter.

Daughter's best friend's dad died yesterday. Funeral is tomorrow. She practically grew up in our home. Calls me Mama #2. So ... in addition to having son's kids in 2 hrs. I have to finish cleaning my house (which I've been working on most of the day) and finish wash, take kids out to eat with daughter and her kids then to see a movie (Super Man). I think my daughter is going to the funeral home first and getting her friends little boy and taking him with us (FIVE KIDS). Then tomorrow I'll still have my two, have to find somewhere to stash them during the funeral. Maybe hubby's parents can keep them for a couple of hours. Ain't life grand? I hope I make it through. Was with a customer a couple of hrs ago ... out in the 90 degree heat ... nearly passed out before I got back in the house. Not a good time for me right now. I'm sure my blood has dropped.

Tammy, how's the diet coming so far? I've done pretty good I think. No sweets. Nothing after dinner. I've replaced white potatoes with sweet potatoes and a little rice thrown in. I've been having grilled meat, green beans and salad w/ 1/2 sweet potato mostly at night. Had a turkey sub from Sub Way one night. I still drink a Boost every morning and lots and lots of green tea and water. I've been eating a lot of fruit and taking extra Vitamin C, too. We'll see come the first of the week ... if I don't blow it over the weekend. I'm bad to do that and we're eating out tonight ... and going to the movie where there is popcorn. Oh My! AND ... tomorrow night hubby is taking me out for our 41st anniversary which is Sunday. I'll really have to be careful. Remember ... we're in this together and I'm counting on you! ;)

Mima
07-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Way to go, Meme. Good thing you are not at cookout today-only thing to eat is chicken. Big shopping. I have spent so much money . Let's not go there-everyone spends money.
Brad went on a service call yesterday and instead of getting paid, he brought home a train set. That's the barter way of doing things. He is going to set it up for Evan-or is it for himself??? I told Evan-he said nothing-but when he got off the phone I heard him talking about it.
What a great day-hot. I only have to make the beans and put them in a crockpot, the rice and put that in a crockpot, and pre-boil the sausages. Brad has to fix the water heater . Not a good time not to have hot water.
Did I tell you all my grandchildren will be there. Want to get a picture-2 months to 18. 3 are step but who cares. I actually probably have 12 more step-granchildren but I am not part of their lives.
I would hate to be out in that heat, Meme.
Have a good weekend. I am reading Black-took me a while to get into it. But I am now. Mima

Tammy
07-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Meme, the weight loss isn't going anywhere! I weighed yesterday morning, and I was quite disappointed. I feel like the eating is better and so is drinking water. There isn't a gain, but no loss either. I'm sorry about your daughter's friend's father. I don't like the heat either. Yesterday was absolutely miserable. Hope today is better.

Mima, I love my crock pot. I have a new cookbook for it, so I need to start checking out the recipes. A picture of the grandchildren would be great. I enjoyed Black. Keep reading!! I'm finishing a book by Joyce Meyer. Only about 20 pages left, then I'll start something else.

Tim comes home from camp this afternoon. He doesn't know it yet, but he needs to go to work tonight. The boss is working at an auction all day today after working till closing last night. She wondered if he could come in for a few hours tonight so she wouldn't have to be there. We told her yes. I know Tim won't be happy, but she worked for him a couple weeks ago when he forgot to sign up to have the day off because of a doctor's appointment. They've been great with him since he has been gone off and on all summer, so I think he can handle working 4 hours tonight. She even said that he could bring his girlfriend with him and she could go on deliveries with him. That should help!!

Joanne D
07-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Went to eye Dr. yesterday. One of the Dr.'s was a crab. said she thought I just needed a change in glasses. I wish that was true..Surgery not till Oct.19 L eye and Nov.3 for R eye.Now I have to think about that for a few months. I told my sister I was sick of all the things I have to do.Getting"younger" is no fun. My G/son will be 27 this month. my G/daughter will be 25 in October.
We will go to N/Fl. In August. Our Daughter will be 50. Looking at these dates makes me aware of the years going by. I think,I need to get really involved in something deep. That will take my mind off of all the things I have to do.They say when a person retires that life is Grand. Well I find that I got too busy to see the Grand..
Meme,Tammy- You can lose the 5 lbs.. I am counting on you. maybe I will get motivated to do it with you..
Mima- You are so lucky to have so many G/children. I always wanted more.
It is hot here. We work outside some but can't do much in the heat. Yes, I agree,the train set was really for Brad.Men can be like little boys.
I like crockpots too. I am just afraid of getting too much fat cooked into the other foods. I should get mine down and look for some good things to cook. That way I can spend more time with other things.
Ok. I will quit rambling..Have a great weekend...Joanne

MemeToo
07-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Crock Pots are great for low cal meals. So is the oven. I'm going to do a lean roast beef and roast a chicken next week. Should do us for about 4 meals.

I breezed through last night. Got a salad and a sampler at O'Charlies. Got my dressing on the side and only had half and gave away half of the sampler. Didn't eat anything at the movie. Went to Dairy Queen after for ice cream and had a small cone. Join us Joanne. It's just 5 pounds! We can do it! I've already lost 4 ... had to lose 9 to get into THE DRESS! When my daughter said is that all you're going to eat last night, I said I have to lose 5 pounds to fit in that stupid wedding dress ... she said didn't know you're getting married again, and laughed. But my family gets upset when I'm trying to lose weight. They think I'm too thin now. But I'm not. At 5' 9" I'm probably about right. I'm supposed to weigh between 145 and 160 and I weigh 155. Still ... I'd like to be on the lower end of the 145 ... my bones are small. :p The dress is a size 10! That's what I should be wearing. Half of my clothes are 10s and half are 12s. Just depends on who they're made by and how they are made. If I was down to 145 I'd probably be in a size 8. Hubby said he wasn't buying me any more new clothes! (Not that he bought many of the ones I have now!!!) ;) I'm supposed to have a yard sale in a couple of weeks. Thinking about getting rid of my 14s, 16s, and 18s. Deffinitely getting rid of the 18s!!! Scared to let the others go ... don't know??? Thinking of gaining is scary and thinking of having to rebuy clothes if I do is scary.

Mima
07-16-2006, 08:47 AM
Wow-what a lot of children there were yesterday. I guess the cookout was great-that's what people said. Of course there was too much food. The pool was a nice addition-lots of people went in the water-including me. It was so hot but we put up a tent and people sat under it. And I saw Evan-he was shy at first but then he was back to his old self. We will meet them for lunch at Papa Gino's even though I can't eat their food??? But they are going to a flea moarket near us.
Suzanne's boyfriend couldn't come-he has 2 ear infections and a sinus infection. She was very disappointed.
The beans were great-doctored them up in the crockpot. The only thing I ate was chicken and rice and a forbidden piece of cake!!
Now I am getting ready for Mike to be here Tues. and then Brad's bd party. And then VBS.
Gotta get ready for church. Mima
Joanne, I too hate waiting for surgery. Meme-I got rid of most of my clothes that fit me when I was heavier-when I gained those 5 lbs, I think it made me more aware that I needed to lose it to fit into my skinny clothes-just a thought. What is it like to be 5'9" -you don't have to stand on the grocery shelf to get food!!!!!

Tammy
07-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Joanne, I'm sorry you have to wait so long for the surgeries. Hopefully the time will go quickly. I don't like crabby people. There are so many great recipes for the crock pot. I had a cookbook once for lowfat cooking with the crock pot, but I can't find it since we moved. It probably sold at the auction!

Meme, I have never been to O Charlies. Maybe we'll have to give it a try sometime. I think you are going to get that 5 pounds off before I do. I weighed again this morning, and I'm still the same. I think I'm going to pull out my Weight Watchers materials from years ago. Maybe that will jumpstart me. I'm 5'8". I have always been bigger. My doctor told me that I am "big boned", so I'll believe him. I weighed 175 when Bob and I got married, and I looked thin. Weird, huh?

Mima, glad the cookout went well. I'll bet the pool was great!! It is so awful hot! Glad we have A/C. I keep taking clothes to the consignment shop. Some of the things I have had for years. One jumper I have I wore for my drivers license picture 2 different times (4 years apart), and I'm still wearing it. It's comfy!!

Joanne D
07-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Tammy- The wait fot surgery is almost 3 months. A long time..I am not a person that likes to wait.. My sight is bad and that makes it worse. It seems like it has gotten worse the last few months.
I want to lose 5 + lbs too. So far I am going nowhere. I just have to buckle down..With the IBS that I have been having lately I have not eat the salads and veggies I am used to.. I know that my nerves it making that worse. To think that just over a year ago I was walking 3-4 miles every day and now I need the motivation to walk 30 min.(1 1/2 miles) 3 times a week.
I will quit whinning and try to buckle down this week.
Hello everybody...Joanne

Mima
07-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Joanne-you have to get the peppermint oil capsules. I don't know why, and don't know if it's them, but I am doing better. I even had 2 meatballs at Papa Gino;s yesterday. I also have a cup of tea with slippery elm in it, I hope you feel better-that is so uncomfortable. I haven't tried salads yet. I will wait. Someone made an awesome taco salad Sat. and I only ate my rice and chicken.
The girl across the street is coming to dust for me while I go get my acupuncture. Dust!!! My biggest allergy.
Saw Evan again-he is talking so good. He starts his sentences with your name. But he was awful at the flea market-wanted everything in sight.
Mike is coming tonight and we will sleep in the camper. With the dog!!
Bye for now-have to move everything so she can dust. Mima

Tammy
07-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Joanne, the frustration of waiting for the surgery and knowing that your sight isn't as good as it was has to be tremendous. I'll keep you in my prayers hoping that you can stay calm during the wait. Not being able to eat the vegies and fruits has to be a pain too. It's not easy dealing with everything, is it? I need to be doing more walking and getting back to the pool at the Y.

Mima, having the girl dust for you is a good idea! That has to help with your allergies.

My plans for the day: Go through some boxes and pitch and sort into folders. We have things at a storage unit, and we're going to go through them a box at a time. It was stuff we needed to get out of the other house before the auction, but we didn't want to take the time to organize then. I'm not so sure that I want to organize now, but I guess I really need to do it. Bob is at the old house mowing right now. Tim is organizing his stuff from Scout camp.

Mima
07-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Good morning-I have been invaded . Loving it!!!! I had the chiropractor do the acupuncture for IBS and he put the needles in my KNEES!!! He also did my back-sure hope this works. We are going to the beach on Thurs when it will be cooler.
I wish I could get into the attic and clean more stuff!!That's when I wheeze. The girl did a pretty good job dusting and vacuuming-I gave her $20. I will have her come back and make sure she does the rungs. I saw what I thought was dirt downstairs-and it was MOLD!!!!!!!I cleaned it but I will spray it some more-that's how humid it is-and no air in the hall!!
Gotta get dressed-Al says hi!! Mima

Tammy
07-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Mima, get rid of that mold! Tim is throwing away his sleeping bag that he used last week at camp. Mold everywhere. He's had it since 5th grade, so he really was in need of a new one. I don't feel so bad. He plans to still do things with the troop when he's home from college. He also needs to take one with him because the band will be doing some overnight trips to games where they stay overnight.

Meeting a friend for lunch at 11:30. We're doing Mexican. I know I'll order a shrimp quesadilla. It's good, filling, but not overly filling. We're doing BLT's for supper. Bought some fresh tomatoes that I can't wait to dig into!

Hope everyone is staying out of the heat!!

Mima
07-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Good morning.I have to throw the table away And the antique blocks. I am not cleaning it up. We went to see Cars yesterday and Evan was good. Hard to believe that he is only 2-he is so smart. Listens to stories and remembers. We will go to a playground today and then they have a storyteller at the library. We went to Salvation army and I got a nice dress for 5$. And a framed print. Bye for now-it's cooler.Yeah!! Mima

Happy Canuk
07-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Not much new around here. Been working A LOT this month. I think I am off tomorrow, so I will enjoy that, as it is going to be really nice out.

Mima - hope you got rid of all the mold. It can be sooooo dangerous. Also, looks like little Evan is growing up. Can;t believe he is already 2! Time just goes by so fast. Hope you enjoy all your parties you have planned. I am sure you will.

Tammy - Hope you are getting your sorting done. That doesn't exactly sound like a relaxing job. I am 5'8" as well. Losing weight is NOT as easy as Meme makes one think:dizzy: Cutting calories is part of the equation but a lot depends upon meds and how slow the metabolism has gotten. I guess, just hang in there and it will disappear eventually.

Joanne - waiting is always the hardest part. You are having cateract surgery, right? My neighbor had that done in both eyes and she was 81 and all went fine. She said she shouldn't have had it done, as now she can see the dust:)

Meme - You are your usual busy self. Hope you took some down time just for you, this week.

Crockpots I love! Lots of good recipes for them and then can ensure you eat right.

I have been so tired the past while. I know it is caused, in part, by yeast infections. Wish they would just go away. I never had them before the cortisone shots in my back. That is the result! It's hard to kill. I am trying something new, from Sweden, called Dida. Hopefully it will help rid my body of this.

Hope you all have a good day.

Tammy
07-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Anne, the sorting hasn't been too bad. I sit on the loveseat surrounded by boxes for keeping, pitching, and Goodwill/consignment shop. We have several boxes to sort through at the storage unit. Bob took things there before I could go through them. I know there are lots of things that should have been in the auction, but he was on a mission!!

The weight loss hasn't been easy at all. In fact, when I started on all of this stuff two years ago, I should have just stopped eating because that's when I gained. I had done so well losing weight until that point. I always say I want to lost 50 pounds, and it doesn't matter what I am weighing at that time. Makes no sense at all!! I'm still 30 pounds down from my highest weight, but I'm up 17 from when I started the meds.

I am pleased with my BP this summer. Running about 120/78 whenever I take it. Much better than that 150/90+ that I had during school. ALSO, my sugar level the other morning was 102. Bob was checking his, so I decided to check mine. At least those 2 areas are good.

We grilled steaks and had salads for supper tonight. I've been trying to do more healthy cooking without Bob really noticing. He needs to watch his sugar, but he doesn't. Drives me crazy!!

Hope you get rid of the yeast infection! Maybe what you are trying will work. Have you eaten yogurt to help? My doctor always recommends that. He also always tells me he isn't talking about frozen yogurt. (the guy is on to me!!)

We went for a drive around the lake this afternoon. Got out and walked for a while. Very nice, peaceful.

MemeToo
07-20-2006, 03:17 AM
Sounds like everbody's been busy but me. I have been being lazy but not really by choice. Been a little down. Went to the doctor today ... told him about my allergies being worse and about being so tired and weak all the time. He drew a lot of blood and gave me a steroid inhaler to use for 2 weeks. I told him I have to sing at a wedding in 3 weeks and I can't get a deep breath without coughing so he said to use the inhaler for 2 weeks and see if that doesn't clear up the cough. I've been really emotional lately, too. Don't know what's going on. If I didn't know better, I'd say I was pregnant.

Had a looooong talk with hubby about my 'life' tonight. Told him how unhappy I am ... about the trailer customers, 'men' problems, privacy issues I have, etc. I feel like I can't even have the doors open during the day because I'm afraid some man may come knocking at an inconvenient time and he would know I am home if the doors are all open. I stay in the house with everything all closed up all day long and I hate it. I also told him that some of the men who come here actually scare me and how I hated having to bring them into the house alone when they bought a trailer. He offered to close the whole thing down if that was what I wanted. I told him he was too far into it to do that. That is his retirement plan. He's talking about buying a small building and making an 'office' out by the road for me to conduct sales in so I don't ever have to have customers in the house again. I looked around the other day and some kid had gotten my golden retriever by the collar and pulled her into my kitchen! I didn't go to sleep until about 2:30 AM yesterday morning and a customer called and woke me up at 6:30 AM. He said to turn the phone off in my bedroom and he'd get a sign with "Closed" on it to put on the "Office" when he gets it ... if I want him to. I guess I'll go ahead and let him do that. I'm also thinking about having him put a chain across the driveway so they can't get in the back where the deck is. I'm tired of living like I have been. I've been telling him and telling him but he wasn't listening to me. I finally told him that tonight. I told him I quit. That if he wasn't going to listen to me I quit talking to him and I quit doing anything ... and that includes trying to sell the trailers, too, because I hate doing that anyway.

Sorry ... didn't mean to go off like that ... guess I'm just hormonal.

Joanne D
07-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Meme- I see your point.. I would never allow strangers in my house..It is just not safe.. Get your office outside and untill you do, do your business outside the house.At least that is what I would do.Stick to your guns.I remember once when some ladies came to the door selling religious material. They said may we come in? I said no. They said "louie lets us come in". Busted!!I sent them away and lit into Louie.. Around here, There are too many people getting hurt by being too trusting..
Happy- yes ,I am having cataract surgery. They led me to believe that it would all be done by the end of this month. Now ,It will be Oct. I am not worried about it,just not a person who likes to wait. So, I just will keep real busy till then.
Tammy- Losing weight is hard.. I have been the same weight for a year. It just doesn't budge. I keep trying.. I keep telling my hubby I am going to lose 5 lbs. I have increased my activities this week. I am trying to eat more veggies. I paid the price last night. Too many veggies. 5 lbs will put me under goal weight again.. I want to get there and try to stay there..I worked outside yesterday as well as walking 30 min. on T/m. It was 90 degrees and humid. louie was yelling at me and I was playing deaf.I plan to do some more this a.m. I have TOPS tonight. It is a weight loss support group. I lost 74 lbs 4 years ago. I need these group meeting.. Do you have one in your town?
Mima-Enjoy the G/children. They grow up so fast..No storms in sight,but, I am sure we will get some. I have never shopped in a goodwill or thrift store. my sister does all the time. Now I find out my son and his wife do. I may check them out..Last week he had on a nice shirt. I told him so and he said W/M. I was so surprised. He usually would go no where less than Dillards.
Times do change..Maybe his wife is helping him there.:D He needed her. I thank God so far for her.
Hello Candice...

Tammy
07-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Meme, I thought about pregnancy when I was reading what you typed!! I wouldn't want people all around my house either. Maybe the little office that he's thinking about will do the trick. Take care!!

Joanne, there is a TOPS group near here. A friend of mine is a member of one in New Jersey. Maybe I should look into it instead of joing Weight Watchers again. I really hate to spend the money. Be careful with too many vegies!! 74 pounds is awesome!! And you've kept it off which is wonderful!!!
I do alot of clothes shopping at WalMart. I also go online to JCPenney and Lane Bryant and go to their clearance section. Now that I've been to the consignment shop where I've taken things, I go there too. It's just for women, and all the sizes are bigger ones.

It has really cooled off today! It was warm this morning (about 92), and now it is about 78. Windows are now open.

MemeToo
07-21-2006, 01:14 AM
Remember me telling you about the owner of the shop where hubby works having a wife with cancer? Well, she died yesterday evening. Today was our new pastor and his wife's 27th anniversary. So ... to make a long story short ... I blew my diet today. We took our pastor and wife to Cheddar's for an early dinner and then went to the funeral home ... about 40 miles away, and after we left there, I was craving sweet and salt at the same time so we stopped at Dairy Queen and I had a peanut buster parfait. I HAVE to be pregnant (very emotions time for me)! Don't worry, Tammy ... if I keep this up I won't be losing any 5 pounds this month. I was doing good until these cravings started.

Candice, I love the Omega 3. I went to the site you wrote down and ordered some. THANKS!!!

We went building 'looking' today. Didn't find what we were looking for. We're not agreeing on size, type, etc. Maybe we'll work it out eventually.

Our pastor has Parkinson's and it is progressing. He and his wife has resigned from the church, sold their house already and are moving back to Mississippi. I have just gotten to know them and I'm going to miss them so bad. This lady is like no other I've ever known. She is smart, funny and such a great person. She is 5' 9" tall ... just like me. She is only one year older than me. We both play piano and have played together in church (two pianos there). Our style is practically identical. We also both sing and write. We have so much fun when we are together - and I was so loving to hear him, too. I can't stand that they are leaving right after we join the church - not fair. Plus, I'm aprehensive about who we might get for a new pastor ... oh my, ANOTHER new pastor! Too much in such a short space of time for me!

Hubby was home all day today and will be again tomorrow ... shop is closed until Monday. I made an appointment for a massage tomorrow morning. I need one and it will get me out of the house for a little while. Think I'll go to bed now. Drown my sorrows in sleep.
"All things work together for good to them that love God."

Happy Canuk
07-21-2006, 01:47 AM
Meme, I hope you find what you are looking for. I would NOT like anybody in my house when I am alone, either. I don't think many women would. Perhaps just a both, like they use for self-serve gas stations would work. You stay inside, they stay outside and you have room to do your paper work.

Too bad about your pastor leaving. I suppose he wants to go back home. Hopefully, the new pastor will be good.

Tammy - good for you with your blood pressure. Mine is not all that bad either. One of the few things that still works :dizzy:

Joanne - Hopefully, the time goes fast for you. It seems to fly by anymore. We are already more than halfway through July. Sure don't know where the time goes to. Next month is busy for me, with birthday parties and family reunions, so I know August will go fast as well. My little Ashley is coming to spend the first week of August with us, so that will be nice.

Still working casual. I had today off and it was sure nice. I have so tired lately. Well, it's almost time for bed, so everybody have a good sleep.

Mima
07-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Went to happy Hampton yesterday-we had fun. Alison surfed for a while with help from her dad and his friend. Mike took us out to eat and surprised Brad with a birthday cheesecake. I shouldn't have eaten it-a little IBS today.
We get to babysit tonight because everyone except Evan is going to a wedding. He is so smart for only 2. Alison justy showed me how to underline on the computer. These kids.
Bye for no-yeah for getting an office, Meme. And sorting, Tammy. I went to Tops and lost 10 pounds using the WW diet. What stopped me from going back is that no one else lost weight but I met some nice people. Mima

Joanne D
07-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Tammy- I don't know how it is where you live,but, here in Florida it is 29dollars to join Tops and 5 dollars a month there after per year. That is a lot cheaper than WW. You can also join on line. I personally like the weekly meetings. It is much more personal. You also can use your WW materials to follow for your food plan. We have many different food plans working where I go. I try to stay close to the WW 123 point system. I have used the South Beach diet book. You can buy a hand book at WM as well as the hardback. I bought mine at Sams Club for 14. dollars. I still think WW123 is the best health wise.With that and walking most days ,I lost the weight. I know everyone has busy lives ,but, we should squeeze in a hour a day for ourselves. We are worth it.
Meme- I hope you and your hubby find a nice shed for your office.A new pastor can be difficult for you considering what you went through with the other one. He had some issues that needed medical help.I use omega 3 and have for several years. I buy mine at Sams. Much cheaper. I buy a lot of my vitamins there.
Happy- I hope the time goes by fast too. I was looking at the calender today and it is 12 weeks away.. I want it done yesterday!
Hello Mima-candice...Joanne

Tammy
07-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Meme, so sorry about the loss of the wife of who your hubby works with.
Now, are you serious that you could be pregnant????? Should we plan a shower???

Anne, I've been tired too. In fact, Bob just woke me because I have some things to get done before tonight. I slept 2 hours. Felt good. Having a day off means alot, doesn't it?

TOPS sounds like something that I should check out. I have WW materials from when I belonged years ago. I have the Southbeach book. That's how I lost quite a bit before all of my problems started. Since we're heading for Michigan for a few days next week, I think I'll put off getting into a diet routine.

I don't know anything about Omega 3. should I?

Well, off to the storage unit to get a couple boxes. Also dropping boxes at Goodwill.

Joanne D
07-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Tammy- Omega 3 is for High Cholesterol and another is Glucosamine hci with Chondroitin sulfate Complex .that is for arthritis. Esp. osteo arthritis.. They are really good for you and the one for arthritis helps the pain. Check them out if you haven't... I have been taking them for years.I get them both at Sams..I think you will like Tops. Most of our members are teachers ,nurses and professional people.Have a good trip.
I got very little sleep last night. I hope tonight is better..
Joanne

Tammy
07-22-2006, 09:14 AM
My cholesterol has always been ok. I'll be getting some bloodwork done in a couple of weeks, so we'll see if it's still ok. I've used the glucosamine/chondroitin, and there was no difference while I was taking it. I was on it for over 6 months to make sure I took it long enough. My brother had recommended it because he takes it. It helps him, but not me.

Joanne, did you sleep any better last night? I tossed and turned most of the night. Tim is job shadowing this morning, Bob went to an auction, and I decided I was going to sleep till noon. Well, I was up at 6:45. So much for my plans! I think I'll just get moving and go check out the auction too.

Mima
07-22-2006, 11:54 AM
I haven't slept well for 5 nights because of the dog-we had to bring him in the trailer and then he has to get up in the night, Last night was the worst. Finally got up at 5 so I have probably had 6 hours sleep. Evan was good last night. I went out and Brad was supposed to be watching him-Evan was eating his ice cream and the chair wasn't pushed in. So it was mostly on him-so much for Brad watching him. he took him on the tractor this morning-that was a hit. Brad just finished the yard in time before it rained. Now they are gone and I have been cleaning. Mostly picking up and the bathroom. the dusting lasted. Still have to bake for tomorrow-get balloons and flowers, the cake, candles, icecream. Ya'll come now. Now I will rest. Mima My ibs only lasted one day-yeah.

Joanne D
07-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Tammy- I slept better although I was up about 4 times.. I woke up with a headache and my B/P is up. I took B/P med early..I used to have a big problem with B/P but it settled down for awhile. Now I am having the problem again. My father had his first stroke at 30 years old. So I know where it comes from. I am hyper anyhow.If I can lose some more weight it may help. I am only about 5+ lbs over goal ,but, I know every lb. down helps.The less I weigh the less I hurt. I need to exercise(walk) more.
Take the omega 3 it helps more than you know as well as the Glucosamine. My Dr. told me to take it.
Have a Good Weekend..Joanne

Tammy
07-22-2006, 11:54 PM
Mima, I'm sure you had a wonderful time with Evan. Funny about the ice cream.

Joanne, please take care of yourself. You have done so good on your weight loss. I'm sure that when you are feeling better, you'll be walking more.

Happy Canuk
07-23-2006, 01:42 AM
Starting a new thread!! We've beeb really talkative:)