Old 07-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #42: July 06

to the JULY edition of our Weighty Issues thread.

We're well into enjoying summer. Sun, surf, sand, shorts, swimsuits and hey, who doesn't wanna look good and more importantly, FEEL good instead of ----> Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the US east coast to the west, across the pond and to the Far East.

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies, I figured I'd start a new thread for July so we can have a new, clean slate (for those of you like me that always need to start over ). We had another visitor yesterday, a 2nd cousin of mine from out of state. He's being treated for cancer at the military hospital here. He is only 28 and he's so handsome. This is the first time I've met him but he's a really nice guy and looks so physically fit, it's hard to imagine him having to fight this battle with the evil big "C". I am praying for his full recovery. He's got a wife and 4 kids (one step-daughter) back at home, I know it's got to be really difficult for them not to be with him while he's being treated.

Oh yeah, and so much for my "4th of July Challenge." I am up a pound from my last weigh-in, not down 8 like I wanted to be. I am SO not even motivated. It's weird though, I'm not going all crazy and eating everything in sight..... if I can maintain here for a while then i think eventually I will get off my butt and start losing again. I do not want to gain it all back and then some.

LadyT, it must've been pretty frightening on horseback with a nervous horse like that. I'm glad Midnight was in good hands and managed to get comfortable, for both your sakes. I'm happy you got the little kitten eating again too. It can't be easy to have situations like that. I would be heartbroken if I lost one.

Angie, love the new avatar! You're very pretty (as usual! ). Your b-day dinner sounded divine... you can use those flexpoints without fear. I think if you eat up to your flex points and activity points, your body will learn to burn more calories efficiently in the end, instead of having to eat way less just to lose a few...you know what I mean? Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Kempy, so how was your b-day weekend?

Claire, you always have my prayers for healing what's hurting Hope you're enjoying your day off!

Julie, hello! if you're out there. Miss you. How are you and the family doing?

Dips, so what's happening in NYC?

Maggzs, hope you get your work positions filled so you can regain your sanity

Anywho, I gotta get back to work so I can enjoy my day off tomorrow. I'm planning on burning up some fireworks
Old 07-03-2006, 03:59 PM   #3  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Everyone

Would you mind if I joined in your little group here? I'm needing some motivation and support to get back into gear again, yes again! I'm so tired of telling myself I'm going to restart and then I just have a hard time staying there. What are some ways all of you keep yourself going, and keep it in your mind that way? Also, I like to know what different eating plans or ways you're losing your weight? I really look forward to getting to know all of you, and this group seems like it's really fun and supportive!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey guys!! My sister had a BBQ so I went down there all afternoon. I will be using some flex points today too I think. I didnt eat that much but you know how BBQ adds up.

Noelle, I got your gift today. Thank you so much!! The apron will come in handy in the bakery and the necklace is beautiful. I love it! I know you will get back in the groove real soon. I have full faith in you. You always inspire me!!! Have you guys gotten the boat yet? Oh about my avatar...my face looks fatter in that pic then it does in the mirror. I was playing with the camera and figured I would change my avatar for a while. Hopefully real soon I can get a more flattering picture.

Michelle, You are more than welcome to join us. My name is Angie. I am a 34 year old married Mom of 3. My husband and I have a wholesale bakery at our house and we make donuts and pastries for our area convenience stores and my MIL bakery. I am doing weight watchers right now. I have lost all of my weight twice before but I did it with a low calorie diet that I couldnt stick to for the long haul but this time is different because I am actually eating. Noelle and Kempy turned me on to it. they have had great success with it as well.

LT, I dont know how you stayed on the horse when he was acting scared. I would have jumped off. You are brave. I am glad the kitties didnt die. That must be the hardest part of fostering. You rock girl!!

I gotta go feed Jay and the twins. I will check back later.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!! I got up early and got my walk done and over with. It is still muggy outside. It will rain later today because it has been sprinkling off and on and the sun is not out.

Last night we went up into my FIL gravel pit and let off some fireworks that we bought the last time we were in Florida. We arent supposed to have them up here so dont tell anybody. The twins Loved it and Rebel wanted to get to them so we had to put him in the truck.

I only ended up using 2 of my flex points yesterday after the BBQ and that was on a WW ice cream bar. So not too bad If I dont say so myself.

Well, That is about it for me. I gotta go get a shower, start a spaghetti sauce and go to work.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #6  

Hi ANGIE -- Thanks for the warm welcome. I am 42 years young, been married for almost 21 years now, and have two DD ages 19 and 17, and the oldest is married and out on her own. How do you stay away from all the goodies in your bakery? That would be very hard and tempting, but you're doing SO good with your weight loss. When I'm being good and on track, I count calories, and I really need to get refoused and start again. I saw that you live in Maine, and my DD's friend is coming to stay with us at the end of the month and she lives in Maine also. She has never been to the west coast, and my DD has never been to the east coast, so her friend will be here for one week, and then my DD will fly home with her to Maine for one week. I think it's a great thing they both can experience! Have a wonderful day today and be safe!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #7  

Angie . . . My DD's friend lives in Lewiston Maine, and I have no idea where that is LOL! My most favorite food in the world is chinese food, and I used to be totally addicted to Wendys chicken nuggets and french fries; almost EVERY day for lunch. We still go out for chinese food sometimes, but just for a treat every once in awhile, because of all the sodium!
Old 07-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Independence day ladies!!! I just got back from breakfast w/the family........ Rick and I are a celebrating an anniversary of sorts, 17 years together?!?!! We were laughing at some old high school pictures and the hairstyles we used to have--and how a lot of our other classmates look really old today (but not us! ). He is working a 1/2 day today but should be home in time to make fireworks hardy-har-har

Welcome Michelle We always welcome new people to our cozy little thread. I love these ladies like my own sisters and hope to get to know you better also. It's really cool that your DD's friend can visit and that your DD can fly over to ME to visit w/her also. That should be a great experience for both of them.

I'm a 34 y.o. married mother of one 7 y.o. son, I work w/my husband of 11 years (Rick) in our plumbing contracting/renovation business in Hawaii. We have 3 dogs, 6 cats, 1 rabbit and 3 fish. I've done WW twice...recently lost 45 lbs but have been sliding off the wagon. Angie is my inspiration now. I gotta get back on to keep up with her.

Angie, glad you got the gift. Sorry, I thought I had mailed yours on time... fireworks are banned in ME? We've had years where there are bans in place but that just makes everybody here go nuts and buy the full-on illegal aerials and 20K+ strings of firecrackers. I think with the high asian population here, fireworks are just a cultural thing. The city makes us buy permits if we want to purchase firecrackers--they make you pay $25 for one permit that allows you 5000 non-aerial fireworks. Most people just buy one permit and go to a black market source for the "good" stuff We are just doing some sparklers with the kids and some fountain stuff. The dogs will all be in the house tonight, which reminds me they all need baths.

Anway, just wanted to wish all you lovely ladies a peaceful day. Have a good one.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

p.s. Angie, love the new-new avatar Is that the necklace? Love it! Looks good!
Old 07-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/164/140

Hello Everyone and Welcome Michelle... I am fairly new to this group and I have to say that they have all been so helpful and supportive...not just in the weight loss arena but in everyday life. I know you will love it.
I went to my first Al-Anon meeting today...it is for family and friends of alcoholics. Yes...my husband is a recovering alcolholic...thus some of the issues. I have finally figured out that is why we can't seem to make head way in our relationship. Hopefully, he will see the need to return to AA to get some help. Right now...I think they refer to him as a dry drunk...meaning, he doesn't drink but acts out like someone who is. I so appreciate your prayers on this one... I honestly thought I was losing it last night when we kind of had it out.
Happy 4th to everyone... I need to go in that eyes are everywhere.
I will write more later...but just wanted to say hello. I am praying for all of you as we work through this holiday on our eating plans.
Claire
Clairelinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #11  

Noelle & Claire

Thank you both for the warm welcomes to your group! I look forward to getting to know everyone here. I forgot to mention in my personal info that I now stay at home since 1-21-05, and my DH has worked for the school district almost 28 years. Hope all of you have a wonderful evening!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:25 AM   #12  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls. It is still so muggy today. YUCK! They say it is supposed to leave this afternoon and I hope it does. My second walk last night was pure torture.

Michelle, Lewiston is in southern Maine. We dont go down that way very often. My favorite thing at Wendys is a number 6 combo. Spicy chicken. Luckily for me the Wendys near us closed right before I got back on track. I took that as a sign that I needed to get back on track.

Noelle, You know that is the necklace that you bought for me. I love it. Jay thinks it looks sexy on me so now I like it even more. . I would have gotten it on time if I could have made it to the post office on Saturday but they close early and we didnt make it up there.

Me and Jay met around this time of year too in 1988. It was right before my birthday. We were just talking about how it doesnt feel like we have known each other for 18 years. Hahaha That is so funny that you think you dont look as old as other people your age. I do the same thing....in my mind I am still 16 I guess.

Claire, I hope Alanon gives you some help in dealing with your husbands problem. I agree with you that if it is interfering with your marriage he should go back to his meetings to help him learn how to handle it. I am sending you some hugs.

Well, I gotta go wake Alicia up and go get a walk in. I hope everyone else gets a chance to post today and that you all had a great weekend!!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:12 AM   #13  

Hey guys. I am back again. I will have to come back and tell you about my weekend. I just wanted to se hi to Michelle our newest friend! I am trying to get my butt back on WW after pretty much being off of it for 2 weeks. I didn't go to my weigh in this morning but I am going to do it here and I know the scale is the same. I have to run errands this morning so it might be later today before I can chat but never fear I will be back.

And, THANKS NOELLE!!!! That is so cute!
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #14  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Kempy!!! Get back on that wagon!!! Come on girls We all can do this!!! Lets see how well we can do for the rest of the summer!!!

I gotta go vacuum up all Rebels dog hair. I can not believe how much he can shed.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/164/140

Hello Everyone!
Angie...I had two weeks of no dog hair and I was in heaven! We have a border collie and I am continually amazed at how much hair that dog can shed! At times I think I could create another dog with the hair that he sheds. I feel your pain!
Kempy...I have had a rough week in the eating department. I need to do something soon. I am going to research the WW thing for my area. Maybe that will be the ticket. In the meantime...I need to stop emotionally eating.
Dips...where've ya been? Is all okay? What's going on on with the ex?
Lady T...sounds like the horse back riding was a lot of fun...and exciting too! I used to ride when I was younger. It cost me $5 a session to go riding. I would collect pop bottles and use my baby sitting money to go riding. It would be cool if I could find something like that again. I bet it would be calming for me. Did you say you have your own horse?
Noelle...thanks for your kind words and understanding my situation with my husband. I know something will work out. Did you say you were getting a new boat? Has your husband brought it home yet?
Maggz...how's your new job and how are things going?
Michelle...what did you do before you started staying home in '05? How do you like being home?
Gotta go... Lots of work to do today. My assitant resigned...no warning...due to "health" issues. I need to find someone to cover for me tomorrow. sigh...
Take care ya'll.
Claire
Clairelinn is offline   Reply With Quote