Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #1  

Default Helppppppppp

it's day 3 of my diet and exercise. i walk 8 miles each day with leslie sansone and her 4 mile superchallenge. i'm thinking of adding another 4 miles so i can walk a total of 12 miles each day. i heard it's good to alternate with strength training. i need your help by suggesting some good strength training videos. is yoga strength training? i was wondering if leslie sansone has some good strength training videos? thankss
gloryious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 8.5"

I have never done yoga before but I would imagine it is a form of strength training.

I have and like Kathy Smith Timesaver Lift Weights To Lose Weight videos. I also heard she has a newer one that I have never tried.

Have you ever checked out collagevideo.com? They have lots of reviews and you can even watch a clip from the workouts to give you a chance to see if you might like it.

Good luck!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #3  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I have about 13 dvds of WATP, and I love them! I think Leslie Sansone is the best, and I can't believe how much you can do each day! It will be a long time before I work up to that!!!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Leslie has several WATP videos that use her weighted balls and also one that uses the stretchy bands. She also sells a gizmo that is a belt with stretch cords attached. Personally, I do the weighted ball workout and substitute my own hand weights. I would pick up that video, plus a 3, 5, and 8 sets of handweights at Target or Walmart and you should be all set!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote