Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies (#81)

4myloves
07-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Hello to all of the lovely Floozies out there!

Whether you're a "tried and true" or a lurker "wannabe," you know if you're a Floozie at heart! Come and join our discussion!

Our main goal is to lose weight and keep it off, but we're also here to visit and try to keep each other motivated. Everyone is welcome here, so if you've been looking for a forum "home" perhaps you've found it!

Please be sure to go back over the last few numbered threads to acquaint yourself with the Floozies and see what's been happenin' around here!!:hug:

4myloves
07-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Congratulations to SHERRY on your 10# loss!!! :carrot: :carrot:

Soccer Mom
07-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Ok, here goes. I have been lurking for awhile, trying to figure out where to go! I think I might "fit" here best, and you seem very welcoming as though you won't consider newbies as intruders.
I lost 79 lbs. 6 years ago on WW and kept it off for 18 months. Then, same old story, a lot of stressful things happened and I started gaining. Now I find myself up 56 (!) pounds. Figuring I better do something before it is the entire 79. Can't believe I have done this.
I have been going to a personal trainer twice a week for a couple of weeks, but that isn't going to do anything, not enough. So today I am headed back to the gym. I have an appointment at 2:15 with a "coach" at the gym to get set back up on a program.
One of the most important things for me when I lost the 79 pounds was the ***************.net board. I posted there instead of eating constantly. For some reason I just can't bring myself to go back there after 5 years. Even though they knew EVERYTHING about me - I seem to be missing a self-censoring chip, much to my husband's chagrin.
Vital statistics:
45, sons 12 and 16, 8th grade Language Arts teacher, married, recommited to WW - it worked before it should work again, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 parrots, 1 rat.
I was in great shape (Deelite, I am so impressed with your avatar! It is one of the things that inspired me to try and join this group! You look beautiful!), I was working out 5 times a week and I felt so good. Now, I get winded walking to the kitchen. I really need the support, encouragement and good ideas.
Thanks!
PS - how do I edit my S/C/G? I gained since I registered and I am too anal to let my chart not match!! Plus, I have to owe up to those 2 lbs!

4myloves
07-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Hey there, Soccer Mom!!

I think you've found one of the best groups of ladies on the net!

We have several here who are "doing" WW. I'm one of the ones who did it, lost weight, stopped and gained it all back (PLUS SOME!!!!!).

We're a bit slow (posting) sometimes, but, for the most part, we're pretty regular! Stick around and let us get to know you!!

Cheryl

Lynneye
07-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Welcome Soccer Mom!
I am another one doing WW. Weigh in's on Thurs. evenings. I have been on a plateau for a few weeks so trying to up the exercise to get off it, but so far, still on the plateau! Hoping this is the week, I break off it!

Busy day here, had my stress test and now back from that! Walked to and from the hospital, so really got my exercise in for today! Now home and sitting in the AC! Very warm and humid out there. Most importantly, I am ok to exercise moderatly. Take it easy, the dr. said, and if I feel dizzy sit down and rest. Dizziness should last about a month and they go as quickly as it came.

What is everyone up to for the holiday tomorrow? We are going to fireworks here tonight and picnic here tomorrow! Maybe take a walk together, depending on weather.

LindaB763
07-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi Soccer Mom,

:welcome3: I'm somewhat of a newbie here too. Wonderful, encouraging group of ladies!

It's easy to let the weight "creep" up on you. I know ... I'm the creeping queen. I got stuck in that "oh, I don't look that bad." :lol: What a joke and what a tub of lard I got to be! Ugh!

I didn't want to be 40ish (ahem) and be on a ton of medicine like so many of my friends so I had to do something about it. Plus I will be a grandma in November and I didn't want to not be able to do things with the lil darlin'!!!

We're here to help you all we can and give :hug: frequently!

Lynneye, not sure about the 4th here. I think it's going to rain. If it doesn't, Im going to be brave and go to the river and go boat riding (gasp!). Not too wild about the bathing suit and stranger thingie going on there BUT gotta get my feet wet sometimes (no pun intended! :D )

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th and stay OP!

Deelite
07-03-2006, 03:49 PM
wow this is a hard place to find.......I still don't know if I can navigate back.

Soccer mom thanks for the compliment. I was 40 pounds heavier at my all time high. I feel much better now. I have maintained for a year.

Sherry you are doing awesome. We are here to cheer you on. I am glad that you found a swimming pool. It is a good work out that is fun.
Moving into a new neighborhood is tough. I remember when we first moved here and how I loved it but I missed all my old neighbors. Time will make things better.

Gayle I am sorry to hear that your pc is down. I hope that you get it fixed soon. We miss you.

Lynneye we just celebrated canada day. We went to the fireworks and had a bbq. Yesterday we had a family reunion dinner and party.

Larry is off today so I better run and spend sometime with him. I think that we are going to take a country drive after dinner and stop off and have a flaming mexican coffee at a country restaurant. Hope you are all having fun.

ShelleyM
07-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Welcome, Soccer Mom! You found the right place for not only motivation in your weight loss endevor, but special friendships that we have here. I have been around for a few years, and I can tell you some of my best friends are right here, even though I have never met them in person. I also am on WW. Online exclusively, and have gained a few back that I am trying to get off, but having a hard time because I normally run 35-40 miles per week and can't for awhile.

BTW, ladies!! I am quite lonely over at the exercise thread! I need your company. I just can't do it alone! Come and workout with me.

ShelleyM
07-03-2006, 06:24 PM
BTW Christie! I just read your bio. I have a hawkhead parrot and a medium sulpher crested cockatoo, along with a cockatiel. I had a 40 year old parrot pass away a year ago. What kind of parrots do you have and how old are they? Hawkeye is approx. 20 and Honey (the cockatoo) is about 25. I had them before children, of course. Also, right now we have 4 little chickens out in the bird room with them. They aren't ready to go out into the chicken coop with the older ladies yet.

SuzyMc
07-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Welcome Soccer Mom! I agree with the other ladies...you have come to the right place! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

To edit your S/C/G go into your User CP and then click on Edit Profile. You will see where to change the information under additional information. :)

Shelley ~ How is Mike doing at his new job? Is he happy to be back to work?

Sherry ~ You are doing awesome! Congratulations on the 10 pounds lost!

Dee ~ Flaming mexican coffee? That's a new one to me...sounds good! Have a nice evening!

Linda ~ Never mind about the swimming suit...just have a good time tomorrow!

Debbi ~ I'm glad that you got the tests out of the way and that all went well! I hope you're feeling better very soon!

We are going to a picnic tomorrow at Tim's cousin's house. I'm looking forward to going...it should be a fun day!

coles
07-04-2006, 05:47 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_3_36.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA) WELCOME SOCCER MOM! You will find this a great place for friendship and support. We are all here for each other. We share so many things and have a lot of laughs.
I have also one who lost the weight a few years ago on WW. and gradually gained it back. I rejoined in the spring and am close to my goal weight. I am sticking with it this time.
Shelley, Does Mike like the new job. It must be a relief for you. How is your heel feeling?
Suzy - I didn't realize you were four pounds from your goal.
I weigh in this morning. Yesterday was a holiday for Canada Day so couldn't weigh in then. I am having a hard time losing the last few pounds.
Sherry - You are doing great, glad you went back to WW, low carb works but I worry about the lack of enough vitamins in the diet.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb068&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb068_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)

ShelleyM
07-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Janice-Good luck with this morning's WI. You have come such a long way on your weight loss journey. I am so proud of you!

Yes, Mike likes his job, and will get his 1st paycheck this week, thank heaven! It has lifted a bit of stress off me, but with not being able to run, my obsession with losing weight has gotten worse. I have been weighing everyday, which depresses me more, because I was down 2, now I'm back up. I have promised myself not to weigh again until my official day, which is Sat. I have been staying OP with Core at least, but not earning all those important AP's. I have just been lying around in bed during the past few days after biking. I really think it's because of feeling sorry for myself. Of course, lying around doesn't help burn calories.

I better get off before I bring everyone down! Have a great 4th!!

Soccer Mom
07-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Well, i went to the gym yesterday. I had them look at my history and the last time I went was August of last year! And the time before that was in February of 2005. Yet I have continued to pay the $52 every month. I am an idiot. Anyway, the "coach" set me up on the machines again and I did one circuit, then I made it 34 minutes on the elliptical trainer. I was pretty proud of myself actually. She asked me to set short term goals for the next month and then meet with her again on July 31. I settled on these:
1. Eat breakfast - I live on black coffee until 12:35 (when my grade goes to lunch) and then eat until whenever I go to bed which is usually around 1 am.
2. Work out 3 times a week. I can do this at the gym (the YMCA) or with the personal trainer I am seeing twice a week with 2 girlfrends.
3. Restart Weight Watchers and actually journal and count points again.

Thanks for all the welcomes!
Shelley - we have a Red Bellied parrot and a Sun Conure. Both are 10 years old. The conure is a screamer. The red belly is a bully. Her favorite thing to do is torment the cats. He will follow the cat around when she is making those horrible sounds getting ready to cough up a fur ball (no, of course we can't have cats who just leave you surprise furballs - ours have to scream for hours announcing it. Oh, and one miraculously manages to find the newest thing to come into the house to puke on EVERY TIME: new pack of computer paper, papers from work, new totebag, etc....) and the bird will imitate the cat's sounds. I would not describe either of our feathered pets as "sweet, " both are rather *****y!
Well it is already 11:24 and I haven't yet eaten breakfast. NOT a good start on those goals so I am off to have sourdough toast w/a small bit of orange marmalade. I CANNOT give up marmalade!
Have a great 4th!

gdeann
07-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi girls! Still no computer, so again, a short post. Looks like we will not have ours up & running for several weeks. Steve & I are considering purchasing a used lap top so we can take care of our addiction! I MISS MY COMPUTER & YOU GUYS! Hope all is well for everyone, I will be back as soon as I can. I hope you guys don't forget me! Welcome to the newbies! I am staying OP, down about 5-6 pounds.

LindaB763
07-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Happy 4th of July everybody! I hope everyone's day is great. I'm sitting here listening to it POUR DOWN RAIN! Ugh! So I guess the river and the bathing suit/stranger issue isn't a problem now! :D

Instead I'm going to a BBQ with an old guy friend of mine and his kids at his mom's house. This should be interesting. I haven't seen him in about a year and boy do I look differently now!! :carrot: Can't wait to see the look on his face. He always thought I was so pretty anyways even when I was a chunky butt! ;)

coles
07-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Went to weigh in today. Down 1.2 lbs. I'm not changing my tracker cause I didn't put it up the week I had a gain. I will adjust it to where I am now. Still trying to recover from the 3.6 gain.

ShelleyM
07-05-2006, 05:29 AM
Janice and Gayle-WTG on the lbs lost!!

Linda-How did it go? I'm sure he couldn't keep his eyes off of you!

Soccermom-My birds are *****y also. So funny about your cat and the hairballs!

Back to work today. I have had a week of OP. Hopefully the scale will show it come Saturday.

LindaB763
07-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Shelley,

I had a nice day with him and his family. I was so OFF program it wasn't even funny. But I rarely ever do that so I'm not going to beat myself up over this one day. Started back OP today.

He told me that I looked great. I was with him and his girls from noon until 11:00 last night. We went and sat on the sea wall and watched the fireworks. It was a nice day/night. He said we needed to do things together again. We used to all the time but life gets in the way and we don't take the time. He's just a good friend. Nothing romantically involved at all.

My 4th was a nice one. I hope everyone else had a good one too.

chrily
07-05-2006, 07:32 PM
WTG Sherrie! I'm so slow. I forgot to check for a new thread! DUH!

Welcome soccermom. I'm somewhat new to this thread too. didn't get a chance to read your bio yet but gimme some time and I'll be reading it. :)

How was everyone's 4th? I was good and didn't pig out. I made a fruit plate and some WW 0 pt dip and some low fat coleslaw to take. I was going to walk tonight but looks like hubby won't be home until late. I hate these little glitches in the day.

Exercise thread???? I didn't know there was one. I'll have to check it out.

Chris

Soccer Mom
07-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Let's see, I've been paying for my YMCA membership forever and I have been 3 times in the last year. If I calculate that out per visit, I will probably have to kill myself.
On the plus side, I have been twice this week. 34 minutes elliptical trainer and a circuit.
Looks like everyone is doing well and working hard.
I did eat breakfast - blueberris and strawberries in vanilla lowfat yogurt. Lunch not so good - tortila chips and salsa as nervous munching while watching the France-Portugal World Cup semi-final. Dinner - salad with feta cheese & chicken and corn on the cob.
I need to run, it is late, I needed to post to get myself in the habit.
Toodles.

carolshmarol
07-06-2006, 03:05 AM
Hello ladies,

I'm new here. Thank you Cheryl for the invite.

I'm going to tell you all a pathetic story.....

I was eating my boneless, skinless chicken and broccoli one night and was daydreaming about mushroom swiss burgers. I looked up pictures of mushroom swiss burgers and pretended I was eating THAT instead of my broccoli and chicken. (I couldn't fool myself though) haha

So then I actually found a Yahoo group dedicated to burger lovers. It was there that I learned of a fantastic burger place - I mean this place got rave reviews and was in the top 5 of the country. And to my delight I found out it was less than 2 miles from my house!!! What are the odds of that???
It was then that I began to plot and scheme - planning my day around my trip there. I even drove there after work (7am) to find out what time they opened and then planned my diabolical return. I went home in eager anticipation of that magical hour - 11am and dreamed of condiments. I dreamed of various combinations such as bacon and cheese, ketchup and mustard with no mayo, fried onions with mayo and the possibilities were endless. I was in the Willy Wonka of burgers in my mind and was enjoying my stay.

Eagerly counting the minutes....10:30 arrived. I left early to ensure a parking spot closest to the door. Score!!! I got the closest one!!!! I walked in there with an air about me that said 'yeah I'm blowing my diet but this fat chicky is a happy chicky today'. I got my burger (which was a double btw) with bacon, cheese, fried onions and mayo, plus fries. IT WAS EXCTASY!!!! The best burger and fries ever! I left there a happy chick!!! But after my belly was full I was a little mortified with myself - not because I ate that burger but because I fantasized about eating a burger while on yahoo. Do people do that? I don't care, I needed a fix!

So now.... on my cheat day I'm off to the burger place, my getaway, my home away from home, my oasis, my comfort zone, my vacation spot :D :D :D :D :D :D

ShelleyM
07-06-2006, 05:55 AM
Welcome to the Floozies, Carol! You won't find a better place to spend your Internet time. I read your bio, and have never heard of the plan you are on. Can you tell us more about it? Your love affair with the all american burger is quite interesting! Does your plan include a cheat day? Can you possibly order a burger with a bit less fat, maybe turkey or veggie burger? Please join me over at the exercise thread also. I am very lonely over there.

Christie-Good for you, going to workout 3 days this week! I am very proud of you.

Linda-Why not more than friends???

Chris-Good for you, staying OP during the party.

I am still very depressed. The pod rewrapped my foot yesterday. It is aching today. I think it might be wrapped too tight. It will hopefully loosen up as the day goes on.

Gayle-I miss your posts!!

Dee-What's up??

Sherry-When do you go back to the grind? I went yesterday after a week off, and it seems hardly possible that the teachers will be back this month! I am still working on last year!

Lynneye
07-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Welcome Carol! I loved your story about the hamburger!! Have to go read your bio.

Still dog sitting, so I am not around as much. Less than a week to go and I will be done. Unfortunately, still being bothered by the dizzy spells, so haven't worked on painting her kitchen, like I was going to while here. I am afraid to be up on a ladder!! Especially with my hands over my head, painting a ceiling.

Gayle, hope you get a computer soon! I miss you!

Dee are you out by the pool? You need to get a wireless so you can "chat" from out there!

Christie, good for you, 3 days of exercise.

Linda, sounds like a great Fourth! But I agree, why not more than friends???

Chris, good for you! I have found, not sitting anywhere by the food, is the best for me, at a party. Move around.

Shelley, hope your foot feels better soon. Wish I could think of something to say, to help. I will be back exercising, as soon as the dr. gives his ok. I have an appointment on the 24th to see him again.

SuzyMc
07-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Welcome Carol! You are a girl after my own heart...there is no better burger than a mushroom swiss burger! :cbg: YUM!

Debbi ~ It's probalby better that you wait on the painting until the dizzyness has passed. I'm sure your friend will understand. Maybe when you are feeling better you two can work on it together.

Shelley ~ Hang in there! Your foot is going to get better with time and rest and then you will be able to get back to your normal activities! :hug:

Soccer Mom ~ Your menu yesterday wasn't all that bad...lunch probably wasn't the best, but hey, it's the finals! :lol:

Janice ~ I've been 4 pounds from my goal for what seems like forever! I'm stuck at 144...I need to figure out some way to start losing again.

Chris ~ I'm glad you found your way back to us again! The fruit plate you made for the 4th sounds yummy! I love this time of year...peaches, blueberries, strawberries, melon, yum! If we had fresh fruit like this year round I wouldn't have any trouble staying away from sweets!

Linda ~ Sounds like you had a fun 4th too! Good for you for getting right back OP!

Gayle ~ Congratulations on the loss! Get that computer fixed soon! We miss you! :hug:

Dee ~ Get out of the pool and post! :lol:

I'm off to cut grass, so lots of exercise for me today! Have a good day everyone!

Deelite
07-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Ok girls I came in for a quick peak to see how you were all doing. I just hate being indoors so this is going to be short. I will tell you what is going on in my life and hope that you know that I will post more when it snows.

Jay's bedroom is quickly becoming the Garden Room. Today we had a huge picture window delivered plus a double garden door. Hopefully by wednesday next week Larry will have them installed. The drywall is up and almost ready for sanding. I bought two low moca leather chairs and will need to buy a chaise so that I can rest there. I am battling what color to paint the room. It will either be orange with the brown furniture or it will be on the calmer theme with creams and beiges. That is just so boring though. Orange is more exciting and just more me, the only thing is the room will get a lot of sun and orange may make it feel to warm not that the color really changes the temp.The garden doors lead right out to my deck and pool house. It will be much better than having to use the side doors to get to the back yard. It will quickly become my favorite indoor room when it is cooler out. We are even planning on having a coffee table that will lift up to become a dining table so that we will be able to have our meals there and do puzzles and games. It makes me feel glad that Jay has his own house now....lol No I do miss him.

We went to Dez's for a lazana dinner last night. Jay and Ash were there too. It was really nice getting together. Her place looks great. She even had everything really tidy and clean. She has a new baby kitten that is 5 weeks old along with her 11 month old kitten and two hamsters.
Jay got a brand new car yesterday. It is a cherry red cryslar caliber. It is a new model on the market. It looks like a sporty van car. He has the works. He is thrilled with it. Nice for hauling stuff.
Well my indoor time is up, my outdoor clock is chimeing for me to go out. tweet tweet.........tweetleat.

SuzyMc
07-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Dee ~ Nice to see you! ;) I vote for orange in the garden room! It may seem warmer during the summer, but the orange would be so bright and cheery the rest of the year...especially with the winters you have up there!
It's funny, my son's old bedroom is my favorite room of the house now too (it's my sewing room now) and to think I used to dread even opening the door! :lol:

4myloves
07-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey Everyone!

Glad you found us, Carol! I love good old hamburgers, too--the kind with REAL BEEF patties--but they're getting hard to find around here!

Stewart and I went gambling over the 4th. He, of course, brought home about $700 more than he took. I brought home about $30 more than I took, so I guess you could say we both did OK. Plus, we used two of the free room vouchers they send to us and invited a couple of friends of ours (another married couple). I felt better having them there, because her husband hit pretty big, too, and she's about as lucky as I am :) Stewart suggested that next time, she and I need to go alone, and maybe we'll balance each other out and one of us will hit for some money.

I started my summer class yesterday. It starts at 7:30 and is about an hour from where I live, so I have to get out of bed at 5:30 or so. Not fun because I am NOT a morning person!!!

I still haven't joined the gym, but I am going today when I get off work----that is a PROMISE TO MYSELF!! I'm going to start keeping my workout clothes in a bag in my truck/office and going in the afternoons as soon as I get off work!

I hope everyone is getting used to our new location! I'm thinking of setting my bookmark right on the Floozie forum to check here for new messages 1st, and then backing out to check the other forums. I think that'll make us easier to keep up with.

Cheryl

LindaB763
07-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Linda, sounds like a great Fourth! But I agree, why not more than friends???

Ok, why not more than friends? Well, hhmmmm....I don't really know. I know this will sound bad so y'all don't think too badly of me. JD is an awesome friend, but sexually he and I just don't "click." Oh, he's a good looking cowboy that's for sure. And for a long time he was running as fast and far away from any type of relationship as he could get. It's just mutual friendship, love, and respect that we feel for each other. He trusts me and that says a lot because he just doesn't trust very many women. I don't know. I can't really put my finger on why there is no "us." And I'm at the age and point in my life that if I can't better myself with a man in my life, then I don't need that man. I can be broke and unhappy by myself. Terrible, huh?

Sounds like everyone had a great 4th!

Our server was down at work today and nobody could get on the internet. It was HORRIBLE!! I couldn't check in here and missed y'all!

Carol - Welcome!

Ah Cheryl? Can I borrow some $$$?? :lol: Just kidding! I never win anything!

Dee - go for the orange. What shade of orange?

Shelley - did your foot ever feel better?

I weighed in last night and was down another 2.8 pounds. So that makes a total of 40 pounds now! :carrot: :carrot: About 20 more to go until goal!

carolshmarol
07-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Welcome to the Floozies, Carol! You won't find a better place to spend your Internet time. I read your bio, and have never heard of the plan you are on. Can you tell us more about it?

It's called Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle and it's from a body builder. It's a huge book with tons of information and I've learned so much. He speaks about the types of foods you should eat, the frequency, certain foods to avoid at all costs even when you're not dieting, a dieting mistakes made by everyone every day. You find out your body type and the most effective way to burn fat. it's a slow agonizing process but it's nice to know that it's not water or muscle I'm losing. Just fat. It's over 300 pages so I can't really get into the contents too much but I will say that it is the best purchase I've ever made! This "diet" is not like the others I've done, it's not a fad or a lose weight quick scheme while making them rich. I've learned life-long techniques of many things including many ways to break plateus.

Here's the link...

http://www.burnthefat.com

ShelleyM
07-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Carol-Thanks for the link. I may have to add it to my diet book collection. I was on Body For Life a few years back. I used heavy weights and ate the type of foods allowed, along with the cheat day. Unfortuately, it didn't work for me. I was getting up at 3:30 AM to do the weights and I soon tuckered out. I found my calling with running instead (although my calling may have to be biking now.)

Linda-You don't need a man in your life, if it's not the right one. Sometimes I wish we could live without men!! WTG on the lbs. lost!!

Dee-How about a bright yellow or green? We painted the office those colors and it looks amazing.

Cheryl-At least you came out a winner! You did good!

Suzy-Does your grass ever stop growing?? You get some great exercise every week mowing it.

Debbi-Better to be safe than sorry. You don't need to fall off the ladder with your dizzy spells. I hope you get better soon.

Gayle, Sherry, Janice, Chris, Doni (I miss you!!), Vicki (I miss you too!!!) Debbie (Where the heck are you??) Who did I miss?

Oh, I forgot to tell you, Becky got her IB diploma. The scores came in yesterday. I am so proud of her!

coles
07-07-2006, 07:05 AM
WELCOME CAROL! You will love this group of gals.
I am like Dee and spend most of my time outdoors in the summer. We lived in Canadawhere the winters are cold and snowy. I love the heat and spend as much time as I can in the pool each day.
Linda - good looking cowboy, maybe it will develop into something more. If its meant to be it will be.
Shelley - Look after yourself, how is Mike liking his new job?
Suzy - I am having a hard time with the last few pounds too. I know its because I feel good where I am and even though I would like to get the last few pounds off I am happy to not gain. I am losing very slow these days.
Gayle and Sherry on the weight loss.
Got to get moving and go out and paint some more on the fence.

chrily
07-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey all!

I'm here just been busy with the 4th, work and a sick puppy dog. Now I have a sort of sick hubby but he can't get into his doc until next week. I'm not sure if its his thyroid or if its some of the meds he's on but I guess we'll find out what's happening with him.

I finally managed to stay within my points range yesterday....WOO HOO! Small victory for me.

Chris

ShelleyM
07-07-2006, 04:37 PM
WTG, Chris! Take it one meal at a time if you have to!

Janice-Enjoy the fence painting and your sunshine. Mike is doing fine at his job. First paycheck is today, thankfully!

LindaB763
07-07-2006, 06:16 PM
I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays OP. I am headed for another dancing weekend! :carrot: Only thing is my dancing partner had to go out of town so I'll be all alone and dancing mostly line dances. :(

ShelleyM
07-08-2006, 07:52 AM
I weighed in this AM, and am down to 131. My high has been 134, so I'm down 2 lbs.

Lynneye
07-08-2006, 08:50 AM
WTG Shelley! That is great!
With my weigh in, I remained the same again for the third week in a row! I really find that almost impossible, as they weigh to the tenth of a pound, so for that to stay the same also, seems impossible! I have started to write down everything I put in my mouth, so hope that helps! Yesterday, it stopped me from having a couple of snacks.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

chrily
07-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Shelley, that is awesome! Especially with your foot injury. Bet that makes you feel great!

I peeked at the scale out of curiousity even though I WI on Monday and I am down 1/2 lb. So slow but sure is gonna win this race.

Chris

Sherry
07-09-2006, 11:27 AM
WTG.... Linda...Janice & Shelley on the weight loss this week!!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Also, to any other loosers this week!!!

I have to agree with Dee, the outside is my life!! I love,love,love it!! I have been going swimming or just working in the yard. Hard to get me inside this time of year.

Shelley....I don't go back until Aug 8th. I have all of the summer off.

Talk to ya'll later...Stay OP and have a great day!! :)

Sherry
07-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Good Mornin' :wave:

Where is everyone? I hope you all had a great weekend.

Today was my 4th weigh-in. I was down another lb. Total of 11 lbs. so far. That one lb. made my point range go down from 26 points to 24 points daily.I'm glad I lost but that is so depressing!

Going for my walk and then go to the pool. Have a great day all!

chrily
07-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Sherry, you're doing so good. I wish it would go so great for me. I lose a lb. and then gain 1/2, lose a lb, and gain it back. I'm getting so desperate. It is so hard to go at this alone. I can't get to meetings so I got the at home kit but that doesn't quite provide the companionship and comradery that you need to be a success. I have the nasty habit of losing some weight and then do the self-destructive sabotaging for the next couple days and undo all my hard work. What do you do???

Chris

ShelleyM
07-11-2006, 05:18 AM
Yay, Sherry!! You are doing wonderful! 11 lbs gone forever!!

Chris-Please know that I am here for you. I was having a really tough time, feeling sorry for myself over not being able to run, but I have gotten myself back on track. If you have to, take it one minute at a time. I love WW and it is the healhiest WOL out there, IMHO. We can do this together!

Patty (my youngest for those of you who are new) called me last night in tears. She has been working at the skating rink for 2 years and the owners just sold it. She still gets to keep her job, but doesn't like the new owners. Also, she is going to be paid bi-weekly, instead of every week. I don't know exactly how to tell your WELCOME TO THE WORLD. Any words of wisdom for me to give my lovely 16 year old, who has been happy go lucky for so long?? I already told her she could get a job somewhere else, but I just think she is very confused right now. I know that she can get a job where her older sister works, but she will have much longer hours. I really don't want her working late hours, once school starts again.

Enough of my problems. I hope everyone has a great OP day!

ShelleyM
07-12-2006, 05:50 AM
Wow, everyone must be busy! I hope you are all enjoying your summer!

Update on Patty. She called me yesterday afternoon crying again. She went to pickup her last paycheck from her old boss and he gave her a $200.00 bonus with a note to stop by their house and visit anytime. Wasn't that sweet? I hope she likes the new owners. Today she goes to work for the first time for them. We'll see.

It has been pouring here in the afternoons, so our grounds are so soggy. I wasn't able to bike yesterday. I have a pod appointment today. It's been 3 weeks and counting for no running. My jeans are tight and I am getting to be back to officially fat, even though I've been following Core and eating great. Guess the running was really attributing to my legs and thighs being firmer.

coles
07-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Shelley - I don't think you are fat by a long shot. How long before you can run again? Hope you appointment is positive.
[/URL] I guess everyone is busy these days.
Not much happening with me, just still working on the house and yard.
I didn't weigh in this week because I am up. I know that is when I should weigh in, but I am just too ashamed.
I am having a hard time staying on program right now. I am hungry all the time.[URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_38.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb068&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb068_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)

LindaB763
07-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Hi everybody,

I hope y'all had a great weekend! Mine went by way too fast as usual. I live for the weekends! :D

Went out dancing Friday night and it was boring. Saturday was a lazy day. Didn't do much of anything. My dance partner called me Saturday night and surprised me by telling me he was on his way back in town just to go out with me! :carrot: Made my night. We went dancing, of course! ;)

Sunday was even lazier. I spent most of the day in bed sleeping. Monday went swimming/floating in a friend's pool. Also took my daughter out to lunch and shopping. We treated ourselves to a pedicure. It was a good day with her. She is starting to "blossum" out and look pregnant. She's finally over wanting to throw up all the time. She knows what foods to avoid that trigger it.

She's already said she wants to go on WW once she has the baby. I'm trying to talk her into doing it now. Y'all think that would be OK?

SuzyMc
07-12-2006, 09:53 AM
It's a busy week here too! We are keeping our granddaughters (ages 3 and 5) while their mom and dad are in Hershey celebrating their birthdays and anniversary. I think grandma and grandpa are going to need a vacation by the time Friday gets here! :lol: Needless to say, I don't have a lot of computer time this week! ;)

chrily
07-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Morning :yawn: I'm still working on my mess of a house. I woke up this morning feeling like I did when I went to bed. My feet hurt and my lower legs too. If I gently squeeze the sides of my foot, I can make the pain shoot up my leg. I'll just pop some of my relafin and things should be back to normal soon. Just a flare up I hope. I know I need to get some new shoes though.

It was so stinkin hot here yesterday. Today more of the same and we have a wildfire burning about 40 miles away so its super smokey too. I did better eating yesterday but didn't get to exercise. I'm achy enough were I just don't feel much like doing it.

Well back to the house. THen Simon has to go get his rabies shot. :D He's gonna hate me. Oh well, one of the necessary evils of being a doggie.

Chris

Lynneye
07-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Suzy, you must be exhausted, but it has to be so rewarding to be such a part of their lives! They will remember the love and time you spent with them forever!

Linda, I know my WW group makes you leave when pregnant but you can come back as soon as the baby is born, even when nursing you can come back. I don't know if you can come while pregnant and sit in on the meetings, guess you would have to ask.

Shelley you are not fat. I am sure the bike riding is helping. Hope your appointment today has some answers for you.

Chris, something that works for me. If I want a treat, I make myself do something else for 10 or 15 minutes and if I still want it, I can have it. Usually, I have forgotten all about it and don't end up having the treat. That helps me stay on program.

I am back from dog sitting at my friends house and now I am back to working on my new home. I spent yesterday cleaning here all day. I got the down stairs all done. Tomorrow I work upstairs. Today I am meeting a friend for lunch and then we are having manicures and pedicures! Fun afternoon!