Entrees - Chicken Papadoris

View Full Version : Chicken Papadoris

Kirei
08-27-2001, 10:23 AM
I can't take credit for this wonderful recipe. I got it off of www.allrecipes.com. I made some Atkins adjustments, like omitting the onions. So enjoy...

Chicken Papadoris
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 of a 14 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk (or cream! YUM)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/8th cup pine nuts, lightly roasted - OPTIONAL

Directions
1-- Remove all skin and fat from chicken breasts and discard.
2-- In a frying pan melt butter or margarine and add chicken pieces. Cover and fry until chicken is cooked through and there is no pink showing (about 5 minutes).
3-- Add garlic and cook about 3 minutes. Add pine nuts(optional), soy sauce, paprika and coconut milk(or cream). Continue cooking on medium high heat for about 3 minutes. Stir in cumin and curry powder.
4-- Adjust seasonings to taste.

- Now, I omitted the pine nuts, and it was very good. You can also omit the cornstarch, it just won't be as thick, but still very yummy. Keep in mind, pine nuts have3.3 carbs for every 1 ounce. The original recipe calls for onion, but too many carbs for us, and I hate onions! If you use cream in place of cocnut milk, it will be thicker.

Total carbs in whole recipe is 10 grams not including the coconut milk. You will have to look on the can of the cocnut milk you use or the cream you use, but it isn't alot at all. This usually serves 2 people. Enjoy.

MamaJ
08-29-2001, 02:45 PM
Kirei~Only 10 carbs per recipe? It already had my mouth watering I will definately be trying this one! Thanks!