Carb Counters - Weekly Chat July3-9/06

View Full Version : Weekly Chat July3-9/06

RobinW
07-03-2006, 09:13 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Getting ready to hit the gym this morning. :running:

How is everyone's eating plan going? Have you got tomorrow all planned out?

Leenie
07-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Good Morning,

Eating is way off but as with every holiday I have that excuse LoL... will exercise later in the pool.

Hugs to you all.

needtolose4me2
07-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Good morning. My work out is done for the day. I'm about to hit the pool but don't really consider that a work out. After the treadmill swimming is a treat!
Don't have a menu planned out yet. I seem to never do though. Maybe I should try that. I woke up today not sure if I wanted to continue this but thatnks to some good advice here, I decided to keep going. In myhear I really want to butresults keep me motivated and I haven't seen much result in the past month so my motivation is slipping also.
Has anyone heard from Susan (hockeyfan)? I was just wondering because she started the june exercise challenge and then disappeared it seems. I hope everything is alright with her.
Have a good day all!
MAGGIE

lilybelle
07-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Hi everyone. Happy July. Everything is going great at my house. My son and his GF are getting their own place. Yippee, hooray, Yeehaw. I am eating on program and exercising. Will weigh on Friday. Staying close to a bathroom today, I tried to take 2 dulcolax yesterday and not paying attention, i accidentally swallowed 4. My system will be good and cleaned out. LOL.

needtolose4me2
07-03-2006, 09:34 PM
lillybelle, there might be a sure way to get rid of those last 2 lbs! LOL!

lilybelle
07-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Lol, if I thought this would get the 2 lbs. off, I'd take 4 more tomorrow. Not really, wouldn't want to have a sore booty. We're going to the lake tomorrrow and fireworks have been bought. It should be a fun day. Good, low-carb foods planned. DH actually has a day off work and will get to go with us. I plan to swim, swim, swim and get a tan. Just finished mowing the yard so he wouldn't have to do it tomorrow. This time I'm going to leave my chocolate labrador at home. She loves the water, but I'm afraid she would be scared of all the fireworks. hope everyone has a great and safe holiday.

lilybelle
07-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Well, not sure if it was the exercise, the eating right or sweating so much while mowing the yard, or (hmm, the laxatives) but I lost another pound. I am now 1 lb. from goal. I am just so happy. Had to come in here right away and share the news. It may take another month to lose that last lb. but I am so determined to make it to goal. No cheats for me, and lots of exercise. Good luck to everyone. Watch for me in the GOAL section soon. I will still always post in Atkins section because this area has proved to be so much wonderful support for me.

Candy In Alabama
07-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a great 4th of July...
Candy...:D

needtolose4me2
07-04-2006, 09:28 PM
lillybelle thats great news!! Think I'll go out and buy me some Dulcolax tomorrow! (only kidding hmm or am I) I'm getting to the point where I'll try anything.
one pound from goal!! can't imagine! I'm really excited for you!
I hope you don't leave us! I'll miss you. You keep me going!

Happy fourth all! our plans got all washed out here guess I'll be watching Macy's fireworks in NY (if they didn't get rained out!)

Maggie

lilybelle
07-05-2006, 02:40 AM
Thanks needtolose, Lol at the dulcolax comment. I have had a lot of problems with not being able to go to the bathroom. I wait til I am completely miserable before taking anything. Maybe I was never over-weight , I was just full of crap. Lol. Good luck to you and I won't ever stop posting here at Atkins, everyone has been so wonderful to me. I'll always be right there with you on those exercise challenges. I want to maintain this weight loss and exercise is so much easier when I know that we are all doing it, not just me by my lonesome. Got to go post my exercise for today.

needtolose4me2
07-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Good morning all! Hope everyone had a good holiday. The weather here wsn't good so I cleaned all day yesterday! Today I'm off for a haircut. I have so much thick hair that if I go a week to long I feellike I have a wool hat on. And I'm about a month overdo! maybe I'll lose a few pounds by getting it cut!

Lillybelle - Last week when I was having bm problems and my Mother was telling me I'm nuts to stay on the diet, she said "now when I tell you your full of crap, I can mean it!" Don't you just love that caring support from family?

Good morning Robin, Candy and leenie!
have a good day

Juxtapose
07-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Good Morning Beautiful Ladies! :)

Let's see. I'm down about 7lbs. (at my guess, unfortunately I didn't weigh myself before my first week) No worries. I'm going to stay on induction. The food hasn't bored me yet and I still have tons to lose.

Oh.. and I really need to get a new scale. The one I have now the numbers are so small I can't see the lines when I'm on it, I have to have one of my kids look for me. lol I'm thinking I need one of those digital scales. Guess I need to make a Wal-Mart stop this weekend.

Keep up the good work all!

Cheers,

Jux

lady_adnerb
07-05-2006, 12:32 PM
DH is off work this week so we're on "vacation"....which means my eating stinks. But I'm not going to worry about it right now. I'll stress next Monday. Then you all can kick me in the butt and say "I told ya not to eat that." Hope you all have a great week :wave:

lilybelle
07-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi everyone. My weight was still the same this morning, so I do think that lb. was fat. I had to weigh again to see if the other lb. came off, but no such luck. Had a great fourth of July, except it was misting heavily when we went to see fireworks. Did swim a lot and walked both so this was good. Ate 100%on program. Hope everyone had a great holiday.

RobinW
07-05-2006, 03:58 PM
:wave: afternoon ladies

things have been crazy around here, but business is picking up.

I may not get here everyday to post, but I do get a chance to stop in and read a bit before bed. So, Im thinking about ya!!

lilybelle
07-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Hi Robin, I'm glad your business is going well. I am being lazy after finishing with cleaning house and doing laundry, but I'm going to get off here and go grocery shopping. I know it's time, not even any green beans left which is a staple of my life. LOL

ilovemike4alwayz
07-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey there guys I started my induction yesterday. I did good. I wanted to cheat so bad, but I didnt. I have been so tired lately and I think a lot is stress so I am going to tackle eating on track and then throw the gym into the mix starting Monday next week. One demon at a time. Our 4th was crazy, we had horrible weather, we even saw a funnel cloud right over the house, nothing happened thank god, but made a very interesting day. I will update my ticker on Monday.

lilybelle
07-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Hi everyone, I finally made my goal. Check out the new pic's that I posted. I'm on cloud nine. My body isn't perfect, but I am happy with my accomplishment. Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the support that I have received.

needtolose4me2
07-06-2006, 08:51 PM
:bravo: :cp: :woo: :balloons:

LILLYBELLE!!!!!!!!!!

There are not enough emoticons here to express how I'm feeling!
WOW is all I can say! You are amazing! I give you so much credit. You look great, not to mentioned thrilled with yourself!
I gotta tell ya, I actually cried when I looked at those pictures. I guess I kind of use you as an inspiration because you are always there to give me advice. I am so happy for you. You never gave up right down to the last pound! I think you have just given me the strength to forge ahead when I have been considering throwing in the towel.
Thanks so much for all your support and advice and keeping me going with the exercise challenge. Just remeber how hard you worked for this and to stick to the maintenance portion of atkins now to keep yourself looking so great!!!:)
Again, lillybelle, congratuations and best wishes for continued good health and success. Make sure you keep on with us "fatties" here you skinny minny!
:hug:
maggie

lilybelle
07-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Thanks so much, you have definitely been the one to keep me going on those exercise challenges. I am so happy and feel so much healthier. I couldn't have done it without this Atkins support. Sometimes the general support rooms made me feel bad for this woe but I knew it was working and never gave up. I am gonna exercise regular, stick to less than 40 carbs daily and drink my water. No changes for me, I plan to maintain this weight loss and have a healthier life.

RobinW
07-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Sometimes the general support rooms made me feel bad for this woe but I knew it was working and never gave up.

You do what works, regardless as to what others might think...sometimes folks forget its a support group.

Anyway.......you look so much younger!!! Im so proud of you!! Now comes the hard part :lol: hang out with Meg in the maintainers forum too, and those ladies will help keep you on the straight and narrow.

Great Job Lilly Im so happy for you!! :cheers:

Ms Spotdog
07-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Great job, Lilly! You look fantastic!!! You're a pretty neat person on the inside too!

Kel

lilybelle
07-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Thanks so much. I love that saying about the doggie feet. It's so true. Molly Brown, my chocolate lab is fantastic and such a huge part of our family. I had a dalmation before and her name was Dottie and she was great too.

Ms Spotdog
07-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Yeah, my 2 dals are just a hair under my kids in importance in my book! Big guy, Scooter, is getting up in age now, unfortunately, with arthritis, back trouble, etc. but he is still 'momma's boy'. Little dog Ginger is still in good shape and as spry as ever, tho. Not sure how they are going to do with the move tho. Does anyone have experience with those bark collars? I don't want to quickly turn into bad neighbors just because my dogs are excited about the new dogs they are surrounded by. (Currently we only have to contend with one side neighbor's son's dog when he comes to visit - I usually just keep my in when I know he is there)

Kel

lilybelle
07-07-2006, 03:03 AM
The dalmation we had went blind and she was very old. I miss her. Sorry, I don't know anything about the bark collars. Molly lives inside and she is lazy. The only barking she does is if she is chasing the cat or sees an o'possum on the back porch. When she went out the other night to go potty, she got sprayed by a skunk. Man , she was rank.

needtolose4me2
07-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Hey all! how's everyone doing this week? I cheated a bit today and had a small slice of ice cream cake for my daughters birthday. It made me sick and I am so sorry. I will have todouble up on the treadmill tomorrow also. IT just wasn't worth it.
Lillybelle, how tall are you? you look so much less than 145 lbs! I would have guessed you were 20lbs less easy. I feel like tacking your before and current pictures in front of my treadmill!!

Ilovemike - How's induction going for you? Getting any easier?

Have a good weekend all.
maggie

lilybelle
07-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks so much. I never have any one guess my weight as less than it is now. I am 5'7. All my weight is in upper body. I am wearing a size 4 jeans capris in those goal pic's. I think my bones must be pretty large because I don't really have much fat left on me. (maybe my tummy could stand to be a little smaller) but I wouldn't want to lose any more from hips and legs, I like them the way they are now. My DD boobs are now a comfortable C and I am fine with this. Overall I feel comfortable with my size now and the goal that I had worked for. I'm 46 yrs. old and for the first time in many, many years I can say I am happy with how I look. Can't wait to get a new haircut with hi-lights for my goal reward to myself.

RobinW
07-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Good Morning :sunny:

Id love to see your new "do" when you get it done Lilly. ....you sure dont look 45 btw ;)

Dh and I hit the streets this week, checking up on old customers. This brought in alot of work for the new heat press. Which is awesome! Im so happy we expanded out from just signs. Im hoping that when the sign business is quiet, the clothing/hat stuff will pick up the slack.

Eating hasnt been great, but Lilly you are such an inspiration! It hasnt been horrid, but it certainly can be better.

I havent been to the gym in about a week, BUT, I have been bike riding with my dd, and alot of walking. Im not getting the intensity that I get at the gym, but Im moving...so Im ok with that. I dont feel like a slug :lol:

Have a great weekend ladies!

Candy In Alabama
07-08-2006, 03:01 PM
lillybelle, You look sooooo great and happy!!!! The smile on your face tells it all..:hug: ...I wish i was 5'7 so i could be at goal...I'm only 5'3 so i need to lose at least 15 to 20 more pounds...
I've been very busy trying to get everything done around here lately, i haven't had time to post...My son Matthew goes in the hospital monday. Wednesday is when he has his surgery to remove the AVM from his brain...
Please everyone say a prayer for him to get through this ok...It is so scarey...
I will talk to you all tomorrow..We have to be in Huntsville at 6 AM Monday morning for the Embolization...
Hello to everyone, hope you'll are doing Great!!!!
Candy

lilybelle
07-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Thanks everyone for all the kind words. The support means so much to me. I will post the new hairdo down here for you all to see after I get it. It has to wait til next week for DH's payday.
Robin , I'm so happy your business is going well.
Candy, My thoughts and are prayers are with you and your son, I hope it goes very well and he is a healthy young man.
Good luck to everyone and know that if I can do it, that you can too.

Ms Spotdog
07-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Prayers and comforting/healing vibes going out to you, your son and family, Candy!

Kel

needtolose4me2
07-08-2006, 07:03 PM
candy - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son! I can't imagine what you guys are going through! Keep us posted!
maggie

RobinW
07-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Good Morning

Candy~ Lots of thoughts and prayers for your son, what time on wednesday pls? I can only imagine what you are going thru, I wish you and your family all the best, and speedy recovery for your dear son.

Lilly~ Im curious....did you hit a "self sabotage" point in your weightloss? This seems to be my downfall. What did you do to get thru it?

Maggie~ great going on the 4lbs!! :cb:

Not much going on around here today. Its suppose to get quite warm today...so Im not sure what we are up to.

Have a good one ladies!

needtolose4me2
07-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Good morning all. I'm thrilled to report that I lost 3 lbs this week. THat is a huge deal for me considering that I lost 4 lbs total in the 5 weeks prior!
I finally hit the 150's and am so happy! I have actually increased my carbs a bit this past week because after looking at my fitday they seemed pretty low. (11-15).
Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and pushed me into not giving up!
Sometimes, I guess, we all need a little of that.

maggie

lilybelle
07-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Wow, 3 lbs. is fantastic in a week. Other than induction , the most I ever saw was 2 lbs. a week. I weighed again this morning and am holding steady at 145 which I am happy about. I am still eating the same, haven't went up yet on carbs. (the thought of going up scares me).
Robin, I felt like I was sabotaging myself in the last 15lbs. Not really eating off program but the weight was very slow to lose. Only 3-4 lbs. a month. I lost 8-10 lbs. a month the first 6 months. But, now I have read where a lot of people have a hard time losing that last weight, so maybe it wasn't self-sabotage. It was just my body's way of gearing up for maintenance.
I'm looking forward to a fun day at the lake today with my kids, the change of exercise will be good. Walked outside 30 min's last night.
Oh, forgot to tell you all that I had a wreck yesterday. I am fine and my big expedition is fine, the car I hit while backing out at WAlmart isn't too fine. Their door is smashed in and will need replaced. Great luck for me , it was a brother of a local police officer that I hit and My DH is a state trooper. I didn't get a ticket at the scene but DH said they may still mail me one. (the other occupants weren't injured either). It scared me to death, I thought at first that I'd hit a person. 46 yrs. old and my very first wreck.
I was a little upset this morning to see that my goal pic's are no longer up there in the goal section. I don't know where they went.

lilybelle
07-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Maggie, I jumped for joy when I hit the 150's, it just seemed so much closer to goal. I bet you are so happy. Keep it up and it will come off.

Candy In Alabama
07-09-2006, 07:54 PM
hello everyone, sounds like everyone is doing good and staying op...Still trying to get the house in order.. its a tough job.. 5 of us and me the only one trying, just as soon as i get it done seems like i have to start over..I'm just going to make sure my kitchen is the cleanest and not worry so much about the rest..I will be at the hosp. with matt the whole time he's in there (about 10 days if all goes good) The hosp. is a 2 hour drive from where we live, so i guess whoever comes back and forth from the hosp. can worry about it...I'm not sure wednesday what time the surgery will be...I guess early that morning if all goes well with the embolization monday and the steriods tuesday to take down the swelling...The surgery will be about 7 Hrs..
I'm sure i will get my exersize walking the floor...
Thank you all so much for the prayers and thoughts good vibes!!:hug: ...
Just as soon as i can i will let you all know how he's doing...I dought i will leave his side the whole time...If everything goes great after a few days i might let someone else stay with him and come home for a night..I don't know..
I'm sure my eating will suck while i'm down there.. If i gain i'll work on that later when everything settles back down around here..
Good luck to all and i'll be back as soon as i can...
:hug: Candy

lilybelle
07-10-2006, 01:18 AM
Candy, I am wishing the best for you and your family. I wouldn't leave his side either. Don't worry about your eating, that can always be attended to later. Please let us know how everything goes as soon as you are able to. Know that we'll all be here wishing you all the best and thinking of you and your family.