Paganchicks - Samhain Challenge Anyone?

View Full Version : Samhain Challenge Anyone?

brunissen
07-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Hello All - I'm a former chick returning to the flock and trying to get my motivation back, and I'm LOVING that there is now a Pagan chick forum!!

Is anyone intersted in a Samhain challenge? I'm personally aiming to lose 32 pounds by Samhain which is just over 16 weeks away...

mauvaisroux
07-03-2006, 07:13 AM
I'll join you! :D

brunissen
07-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Excellent!

As I said, my plan is to lose 32 pounds by Samhain (weight would be 298). I'm aiming for an average of 45 minutes of exercise a day, and eating between 1850-2000 calories (I track using CalorieKing). I'll post my progess weekly. I'm also trying to cut out sweets from my diet as well as junk/fast food and soda...yeah, I'm cranky an awful lot! ;)

I also have a "triathlon" with my Evil Trainer :drill: and a good friend - it's one we made up, but it will kick my butt nonetheless. It's in late September, and I HAVE to be ready for it!!

mauvaisroux
07-03-2006, 03:34 PM
The triathalon will be a great incentive!

I'm working on losing my last 10lbs to get to my goal of 160 lbs.
My main issue is that I don't get enough exercise so I would like to be in better physical shape by Samhain.

I need to slim down my lower body as that is where my weight sits but I also need to increase my upper body strength.

brunissen
07-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Well mauvaisroux, looks like it's just you and me. And 10 pounds away from your goal??? I'm SO jealous! :bravo:

I did pretty good this week - lost 3.6 pounds as of yesterday. I'm not taking today's weight because of a night out on the town last night (too much food, too much booze, and 4 pounds of water weight gain overnight). :ink: I slacked on the exercising because, in spite of the holiday, it was a hellish work week :tired: - but I'm back on track this week. :running:

So my goal for next week is another 2 pounds to bring me down to 325, and I want to do 315 minutes of exercise as well. Both very doable goals.

mauvaisroux
07-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks it's taken me a while to get there but I've been struggling up and dlown with these last 10 lbs.

I did really well this week eating wise - every meal was vegetarian except I had tuna with a salad once during the week and last night I had salmon for dinner.

This afternoon my DH and I are trying out a bikram yoga class. I'm hoping it will be good because I really need to be more active but I need to do something that interests me - I just can't stand doing aerobics or going to the gym. I will be going back to my belly dance classes in Septembe but I need to do something now.

I hear ya on the booze thing - I did that a couple of weekends ago on a Martini night out with my girlfriends and did not bother weighing in the next day as I knew I blew it!

Good luck with the 2 lbs! :lucky:

buonoj13
07-11-2006, 12:00 PM
I'll do it with you!!!

brunissen
07-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Welcome buonoj13 - Very glad to have you join us!

mauvaisroux
07-12-2006, 02:23 PM
yay! We have more company brunissen! :carrot:

How are you doing this week?

I'm still managing okay with the vegetarian meals and made an amazing supper last night of curried veggies, spicy potatoes with spinach and yam koftas. I'm enjoying experimenting. :)

Not sure what to make tonight though as I've run out of ideas. I'm trying not to fall into the trap of too much pasta and too much cheese. It think I'm going to try to duplicate a couscous salad I ate at a restaurant and a fresh beet salad - we'll see what happens:crossed:

DH and I enjoyed our yoga class and are going to take another this weekend.

It really ticks me off that I have been at goal twice now but haven't managed to maintain it. But on a good note I did lose 1lb this past week. :cb:

Lyrae
07-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I'll join!

I'd also like to lose about 30 lbs by Samhain. That'd put me at 250. So far I've only lost 2 of the 30...but it's a start!

mauvaisroux
07-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Welcome Lyrae! :)

brunissen
07-13-2006, 09:34 PM
YAY! Our little group is growing! Welcome Lyrae!!

I'm doing just okay this week so far - work has been ****, which always throws my exercise plans, but on the plus side I've been doing VERY well with my food - staying within my calorie range so far every day :cheer:

My Evil Trainer :drill: is back in town next week, so I'm sure I'll be MORE than paying for any slacking I've done. I'm going to do my Pilates tonight, and then I think I'm going to hit the pool tomorrow. It's in the 100's here now, so I don't have any desire to go outside - I miss all the :rain: we had last week.

Well, the pooch needs attention - have a wonderful evening all!

Nirvanagurl
07-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Sorry I am late! But I want to join too!

Let me think of some goals here:)

I have so many mini goals going I gotta think what I wanna do for this one! :)

Nirvanagurl
07-13-2006, 11:09 PM
well I have 41 lbs till my goal weight now, If I loose 3 lbs a week for 14 weeks ( I am guessing at Samhain because I dont have a calendar infront of me, not sure if that math was right or not..lol )
thats 42 lbs by Samhain, only have 41 till my goal....so I guess

and that is about right because the weekend before Halloween we have some huge belly dance stuff going on and I was hoping to be at or dam close to my goal weight by then anyways..

so Yah I will do mine as the Samhain/Halloween Dance event and the big witches ball I go to every year challenge:)

And my goals will be to be at my goal weight:)

Which is 41lbs away..

I will change my ticker up there to reflect some of that:)

Nirvanagurl
07-13-2006, 11:10 PM
oh and other goals to get to the goal weight
I need to eat more veggies and a lil less nuts ..just a lil less..but for sure more veggies

veggies and more veggies and more veggies:)

and to practice dance more then just the one night a week I teach

and yah..the big one..MORE VEGGIES..

buonoj13
07-14-2006, 12:17 AM
:devil: Yeah! This is more exciting than seeing J. Depp as Jack Sparrow again, well no not really, but the next best thing. I can do this with your help. I'll put my goal at 30 pounds by then. Let's do it,

theotherjen
07-14-2006, 10:08 AM
I think I will join y'all on this challenge...I am not using a scale, so my goal is to go from my loose 26 jeans back into my 22's and be comfortable in them.

mauvaisroux
07-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I wan't to lose the last 10 lbs but I really need to focus on exercise.

I think my main goal for Samhain is to be in better physical shape. I look okay but I need to build up my strength and flexibility and I would like to lose a few inches in some spots. I'm going to measure myself when I get home tonight so I can monitor my progress. :)

Punkinseed
07-14-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm in too!

By Samhain I'd like to..... let's see. I'd like to be in the 180's. ANYWHERE in the 180's. If I lose 1.5 pounds a week average, I should be around 179 by Samhain. I'll also focus on maintaining my 4:30am exercise call. I've been 90% faithful since starting a couple months ago, but I assume once the sun starts rising later and later it might get a little more difficult. We shall see!

Gods, another excuse to have to buy more clothes! Yeah!!!!!

Yeah us!!!!

Terri

brunissen
07-14-2006, 09:26 PM
OMG - Exercising at 4:30 AM??? You are a far stronger person than I am... I keep meaning to take the pooch for a walk before work, but bed is far more comfortable :) Although this morning, I did take him out at 5:15 for a walk - and he sure enjoyed it, then I had a nap when we got back home before I got ready for work - and I sure enjoyed that nap.

buonoj13 - Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow? Few things hotter than that!!! :devil: I haven't seen the movie yet - I hate opening weekend crowds, but it definitely on my must see list....

Welcome to all the new members of the challenge!!!

Lyrae
07-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone! :)

Well, so far so good for me. I've been swimming a LOT every day with my sister. I'm really enjoying it, because it's been far too hot for me lately. My sister has a few extra pounds that she wants to lose (she's already lost quite a lot), so she's become my workout buddy. I find it so much easier to get motivated when I have someone to do the exercise with me.

brunissen
07-16-2006, 09:08 AM
Well, just did my weekly weigh-in. I'm down to 326.6 - I was hoping for 325, which I could have made if I had gotten my butt off the couch and worked out. BUT I am still on track for my 2 pounds per week goal, so I can't complain.

I'm off to walk the pooch and do my grocery shopping before it gets too damn hot. Have a great Sunday ladies!

buonoj13
07-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Congrats on the loss!!!!!

mauvaisroux
07-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Way to go Brunisssen! :cp:

Lyrae
07-18-2006, 01:09 AM
Bad day today. My home scale appears to be slightly....off, to say the least.

I visited my mom during her lunch break today (she works in a hospital). We started talking about my weight loss plan, and she offered to weight me on the fancy scale she uses there. So, she did. 292.3. What the heck? How does my home scale possibly say 278? Argh. Guess I'm buying a new scale... :(

On the plus side, my jeans have started fitting a bit looser, so I guess I've lost something. Still frustrating though. I guess I'll aim for 260 for Samhain...that'll still be about 30 lbs.

buonoj13
07-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Lyrae -

I am so sorry about the scale, I also recently had a scale shock, and it sucks!!!! But your jeans are looser, which I think is a better indicator than the scale, one size = approx. 10 pounds on me, I would guess that might be for most people. But don't get discouraged. I am not weighing myself until next week. I have had a sudden craving for white rice and salsa, go figure, I am scared to step on the scale. Have a great day.

Punkinseed
07-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Lyrae, sorry about the liar of a scale, but it sounds like other progress is being made, that the pants fit better is probably a better sign of what's going on in the bod than the numbers. I highly recommend Tanita scales. Mine is dead on with WW's. They can be a little spendy, but it's better than "finding" weight on one scale that you thought you lost on another!

Congrats on the loss brunissen!!! :carrot:

No, getting up at 4:30 isn't me being strong, it's just 30 minutes earlier than my normal wake up time. I start work at 6:30am and have been getting up at 5am for 7 years now. 4:30am isn't such a stretch. Tho there have been times when insomnia hits, when I do reset the ol' sunrise alarm clock for my normal 5am - when I NEED that extra 30 minutes! :yawn:

Tonight's my first weigh in since before the 4th. I'm not expecting much since I've pretty much eaten out *almost* every night since then (while my dad was visiting and he won't let me cook - even though I CAN cook!). I might be down a smidge, but that's ok. In the "old days" eating out daily would equal huge gains, not maintenance. THAT is progress!

Later gators!

Terri

buonoj13
07-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Terri, I love to cook! It is so relaxing, actually, I am trying to start up a small catering business. When school goes back I will be selling calzones twice a week to the teachers lounge at the school where my mom works. Hopefully, some cake orders will come too, I love decorating cakes. I haven't cooked in while because I am pretty sure that I eat a meal while I cook. But you gotta make sure it tastes good :)

Anyway here's :dust: to all our successes!!! Have a great day.

Punkinseed
07-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Buonoj, it's a shame we don't live closer.... I've always dreamed of opening a catering/party coordinator business. Waaaaay back when, when I worked in San Francisco, part of my job was "party coordinator" for our office of 200. I arranged the Christmas, retirement, birthday parties, etc. I once had a 10 foot long sub sandwich delivered via the freight elevator!

I love to cook too. Favorite time of year is in the Fall, spending a weekend cooking soups and stews to toss in the freezer. I even have a friend that thinks it's blasphemous that I cook a whole turkey to freeze and eat on all year ("that's supposed to be only for Thanksgiving!").

But, for some reason my dad would rather foot the bill for numerous trips to steak houses, chinese food palaces and other food-fest o'plenties when I'd rather KNOW exactly what was in my food. Oh well, I just may refuse to go next year!

Terri :)

mauvaisroux
07-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Lyrae - that sucks! But again your pants are showing your progress so don't lose heart.

Buono and Punkinseed - I love to cook too! :chef: In fact I am at the same point as you are Punkin, I would rather eat at home too. :yes:

Lyrae
07-26-2006, 05:35 AM
How's everyone doing?

I'm on track so far -- lost 2 lbs this past week! I now have a scale that gives me the same readings as the one my mom uses at work, and I'm feeling a lot better. :)

mauvaisroux
07-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Congrats on the 2lb loss! :cb:

I'm doing well too - I lost 2lbs and I've stepped up to 2 yoga classes per week! :cb:

buonoj13
07-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Ok, I am failing, I won't even get on the scale right now, I just can't get motivated to get back on track. I think if I can lose 10 pounds it would be the kick I need, what is wrong with me? I beat myself up everyday over how fat I am and then I sit on my *** and do nothing about it. What gives with that? I don't think I want to hate myself but yet here I sit doing nothing about it. What keeps you motivitated?

buonoj13
07-27-2006, 09:35 AM
:woo: however, congratulations to you both!!!

Sorry that should have been the first post, not the second,

mauvaisroux
07-27-2006, 10:23 AM
buono - don't lose heart. You can do this, you just need to find your motivation. :hug: Try writing down what your reasons are for losing weight it might help you see things more clearly and regain your focus. Also if you need to exercise try something that you enjoyed doing when you were younger. Revisiting that might make you enjoy exercise. You can always try taking a class or picking up a DVD that involves dance if you like to do that - that was what worked for me.

My motivation is health related. I'm not worried about not being thin etc. It's more that I don't want to have the health problems that my parents have. My dad has angina, my mum had breast cancer (10 year survivor!) and she also has arthritis which is affected by her weight. Some friends of mine have knee and joint problems and are borderline diabetic and they are not even that old yet. Some of my family members are diabetic and my mum's sister had osteoperosis and IBS. I don't get wrapped up in worrying about all of that but it is the reason I want to take care of myself now to increase my chances of having good health when I get older.

Having said that I'm going with more of a whole foods diet and a holistic approach to taking care of myself and my exercise focuses on strengthening my body (yoga, pilates, bellydance).

brunissen
07-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Hola Ladies. I've spent the last week trying to keep from falling COMPLETELY off the wagon - with some success. Didn't weigh myself this morning - between the eating over the past few days and TOM, I just didn't want to know what the scale had to say. But I'm doing well today. The weather here has been ungodly hot - so it's hard to have ANY motivation to do anything, and my evil trainer has been in and out town so I've had a whole lot of couch time. But it's back to having him kick my butt 4x a week starting tomorrow *sigh*

Anyway, keep hanging in there!!

dolfingirl2000
08-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Hi everyone--:wave:

I'm new to this forum--I usually post in the 300+ thread. I would like to join the Samhain challenge with all of you. I want to lose 40 lbs. by Samhain. I figure that I can do it if I can actually get myself back to the gym. I have to admit that I've been slacking in that department. :^: Well, I'll start in the morning. Wish me luck. :)

Vicki

mauvaisroux
08-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Welcome Vicki! :wave: and good luck! :lucky:

Lyrae
08-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Aww, buono...I'm so sorry you're having difficulties. I completely understand, because sometimes it's so hard for me to get motivated!

What does it for me is health stuff, really. I like my life, and I want to live long enough to enjoy it to the fullest. I just remind myself of that whenever I feel the urge to fall off the wagon. So far it seems to be working better than trying to motivate myself by thinking of how thin I want to be...which is what I did in the past. You'll find your niche too -- you can do it! :)

Also, welcome Vicki!

Diva_at_40
08-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Hello! I have not been around in ages (because I commited to a weight loss program and then promptly fell on my face), but I'm back with a vengeance and determined to do it!

I would love to join your challenge! My goal is to lose 30 pounds by Samhain, which would put me at 200. OH no, i take that back. My goal is 31 pounds so I could get down to 199!!!!

Blessings!
Aileen

Vilandra485
08-04-2006, 04:16 AM
Hi Ladies - Hope you don't mind some company....I would like to "unofficially" join...by unofficially I mean I hoping I can remember to check in and post here, lol, but I'm on the 300+ board ALOT, lol. My goal for Samhain is -24 pounds (starting from my Tuesday weigh-in so I have an updated current weight...and that'll be a 12 week challenge for me from then. :)) I will try to remember to post my start weight after I weigh-in on Tuesday. :) My goal is always 2lbs a week, so I thought -24 would work. So, my plan is eat no more than 1900 calories (on average) each day, along with my usual walking, and some light strength training. I also have a personal "Home For The Holidays" goal....there's a 85% chance I will be visting my family for Christmas and by then they wouldn't have seen me for a year, so...hoping to surprise them! :) Well, I think I've yammered long enough. ;)
Hope you all are doing well!

Melissa

mauvaisroux
08-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Welcome Vilandra! :wave:

Vilandra485
08-05-2006, 05:24 PM
mauvaisroux - Thanks for the welcome!!

Hi Ladies - I will be back on Tuesday to post my "official" starting weight, then I will have 12 weeks to lose my goal of 24 pounds. :)
Hope everyone is doing well!

Melissa

timmyshawn
08-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Can I join you guys in the challenge? I know I'm a little late but I'd really like to take part. I have alot to lose but I am going to set my goal at a 15 lb loss
for Samhain. I think that as long as I stick to the exercise that it's doable. (I lose very slowly) My official weigh day is Monday, so I will be able to post then on whether or not I have a loss for this week. I look forward to getting to know everyone and good luck on your goals!

Lesbia
08-06-2006, 01:21 PM
I doubt any of you remember me, but I'm a very ashamed and self-hating fat chick, who would like to straighten my act up, pull myself together, and join in your Samhain challenge.

I don't want to say how much I weigh.

I posted on the Alternachicks forum a few times about two years ago, but quit dieting and got even fatter.

So! Here I am, with high trigs and Insulin resistance! Yay! :-(

I'd like to lose 10 pounds by Samhain. Here goes (hopefully) something . . .

Lyrae
08-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Welcome Diva, Vilandra, timmyshawn, and Lesbia! Good luck to all of you :)

I fell off the wagon a little bit over the weekend with my sister visiting. I've neither gained nor lost anything...so at least it isn't progress in the wrong direction, I guess. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things.

frankncents
08-06-2006, 03:13 PM
I just found this site, can I still join? If I lost 30 lbs by Samhain it would be AMAZING...at the rate I'm going, I'd be happy with 10 lbs.

Vilandra485
08-06-2006, 09:09 PM
'HELLO' to all the new joiners!! This week is just crawling by...I'm getting impatient waiting for my Tuesday weigh-in!! LOL! :)

Melissa

timmyshawn
08-07-2006, 10:52 AM
OK I weighed this morning and I am down 1lb. It's not a great loss, but it's a start and as long as the scale is going down not up I'll take it. How's everyone else doing?

Vilandra485
08-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Hi Everyone - Weighed in this morning (-6!!! :faint: :carrot:), so my official starting weight is 329lbs...so my goal is 305 by Samhain! :) (12 weeks, 2lbs a week....ambitious, but not too overwhleming! :))

I will be back every Tuesday to update!

Melissa

Diva_at_40
08-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Good morning, Everyone! I'm sorry I have not been around much. It is hard to fight for computer time in the evenings and my firm has recently blocked our internet access because some people abused the privilege <grumble>....

I am so happy to read about all of the success and am also offering cheers and hugs to those who are struggling a bit. It sure is hard, isn't it? Sigh..but you know, we'll be where we want to be sooner than we think... especially with all of the cheering on that goes on here!

I'm very happy that I have reached my first 5 pounds as of this morning. Now, if I can just keep it up... I'm on Richard Simmons' program and I have to say, it is the easiest plan I have ever been on! I need to incorporate exercise into it now, but have to wait as I found out this week I have a very small clot in my lung thanks to the pill...but it will be dissolved in no time (it's very small).. just right now it hurts to breathe too hard....

Off to work for me... MANY BLESSINGS to all of you today! I'm pulling for all of us :)

Namaste'

timmyshawn
08-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Wow where is everyone? I hope everyone is ok. Is there still a group challenge? So how is everyone doing? Come on now ya'll need to get in here and post. We are eachothers support network. You aren't in this just for yourself. We are all counting on you to keep updating progress (or lack there of :) ). We need to do this for eachother as well as ourselves because with good support, a kind ear to listen, a loving heart to accept eachother, and the understanding of others who are in the same boat we can gain the motivation that we need to make this happen. Let's face it for some of us 3FC is the only place we can get the support, understanding and encouragement that we need. This site is a haven for pagan fat chicks to not only feel comfortable discussing weight issues but our way of life as well. So come on ladies, let's get posting. Let's inspire eachother, motivate eachother, and most importantly be there for eachother. Anyway I weighed in today and *sigh* no loss this week, but I know why and I'm working to correct that problem. Hopefully next week I'll be able to post a good loss. I'll check back later. :grouphug:

Vilandra485
08-21-2006, 04:53 AM
Is nobody updating? LOL. :) Well I'm down something...maybe not much though...proper update on Tuesday - I hope! :D

mauvaisroux
08-21-2006, 12:16 PM
I lost 2 lbs which is encouraging. :)

I find that my weight loss is slower now but I can see my body shape changing and my overall fitness level improving. :D

I did really well while on vacation - I ate mostly vegetarian meals but had sushi twice. I really didn't feel like eating meat, maybe because it was so hot that I felt like I didn't want to eat anything heavy. Then again, maybe I'm just used to not eating meat now :lol:

timmyshawn
08-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Well I weighed in this morning and hey I'm happy no gain!! :carrot: The reason for the happiness is that it's TOM and if I'm not showing a gain then that means I have lost! In case I've confused you, I always show a 3-5 lb gain during TOM and if the scale is showing the same weight as last weigh in then after TOM when the water gain and bloating is gone I should see a good loss! I didn't want to even get on the scale this morning cause I was dreading seeing the scale go up (even if I know it's water weight gain it is still depressing). I can't wait until next Monday's weigh in to see how I'm doing! I hope everyone is good.

Mauvaisroux- Congrats on the loss!! I am trying to stay away from meat also. It's very hard esp since the other 4 people in the house are huge meat eaters and I have to cook their meals. Most days it's been ok but I still have my days when a steak looks sooo good. Also I am a newbie at the veggie thing and am quickly tiring of the same foods. I don't know very many ways to cook vegetables that is quick easy and cheap and still tastes good. Since I'm the only one eating the veggie meals that makes it hard too, cooking 2 separate meals, planning 2 separate meals, and budget wise it's turning into a nightmare but I'm still trying my best. I hope you had fun on your vacation.

Vilandra485- I look forward to your update. I check in everyday to see if anyone has posted, but it seems to be really slow in here. I post my weigh ins on Monday's. And any loss is great even if it's only a half pound. Good luck with the weigh in!

mauvaisroux
08-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Woohoo on not gaining duirng TOM! :cb: It's so difficult not to gain something during that time.

I'm lucky that my DH has changed his view on vegetarianism. He is doing it for health and weightloss reasons as am I. I feel a lot better eating this way.

Have you tried some family style vegetarian meals?

You can make things like tacos and you can make burger for your family and TVP or veggie ground round for yourself. That way you are all eating the same basic meal.

Mini pizzas are good too as you can put out all veggie toppings, cheese and some pepperoni for everyone and they can build their own while you skip the meat part.

Stir fries are a good option too. You can make the vegetable part for everyone but make the meat in a separate pan. Serve your portion first and then they can have the rest with the meat.

Veggie lasagna, pasta sauce or chili using tvp or veggie ground round is also a good family meal option.

Vilandra485
08-22-2006, 02:57 AM
WTG all! I will be back in the morning to post my results!! *fingers crossed* The good news is I rechecked my measurements today (just waist and hips) and I'm down 4" on each so far! :)
Woo Hoo! I'm on my way, lol! :carrot:

Melissa

mauvaisroux
08-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Good luck! :lucky:

Vilandra485
08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Ouch....-0.5....but as I said on the 300+ board, I'm doing all good OP things, so I won't let it get me down..I will keep going with my 2000 calorie limit, and exercising 60+ minutes a day until the end of the month, and change it up then if I need to. :) Keep up the good work everyone!

Melissa

timmyshawn
08-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Melissa- WTG!!! A 1/2 lb loss is great! It's better than a 1/2 lb gain right!? Keep chugging along and before you know it you'll be at your goal weight.

Well I go in this morning to get my measurements and body fat done. Woo Hoo, not. It'll be a couple of days before I get the numbers. My trainer won't ever tell me anything until he has everything done. I don't expect much of a difference since I was out of the gym for almost 3 months because of knee surgery, but I'm nervous that I will be bigger. Anyway I will post and let ya'll know when I get the #'s in.

Vilandra485
08-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Heather - Cool, can't wait to hear your progress. :) Good Luck!!

Vilandra485
08-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Yoo Hoo...where is everyone? LOL! Anyways, looks like I will have a better lose than last week on Tuesday! Gotta wait and see though! :) Hope eveyone is doing well.

Melissa

timmyshawn
08-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Melissa- glad to hear you're still doing good! Can't wait to see how your weigh in goes.
I don't know what's going on over here. I got on the scale this morning and it said I've gained 5 lbs since last week (and last week was TOM) so I don't know what's up but I'm feeling a whole lot of discouragement right now. I did the fitness test and although I don't have the #'s in yet my trainer wasn't all optimistic. He says that without even working the #'s he can tell that my waist to hip ratio is worse and that my body fat % is gonna be higher. I didn't even go to the gym today and I don't plan on going tomorrow. I'm in such a funk right now. DH says that I really need some meditation time. I know he's right, but I just can't seem to get motivated to do anything right now except take care of the house and kids and that's hard. Well anyway enough negativity. I hope everyone is well and I'll let ya know when I get the actual #'s in.

Ferret
08-28-2006, 10:57 PM
my samhain goal is to be in a smaller pant size

frankncents
08-29-2006, 01:00 AM
Well, I'm down 2.2 lbs from two weeks ago, so here's hoping I can keep this up!

mauvaisroux
09-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Way to go frankncents! :cp:

I've been maintaining so I guess that's better than nothing - lol!

Wild Honey
09-18-2006, 03:40 PM
I am also returning to the flock.....

I am in for the challenge as well, I would like to loose 24lbs

Nikaia
09-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Well. It's, what, 5 weeks till Samhain? Assuming 2 lbs a week...I aim to be 185 lbs or less by Samhain, then!

lady hawke
09-27-2006, 08:02 PM
I'd like to join you ladies in the Samhain challenge! :carrot:
My goal is to release 15 pounds.
I'll check in on mondays after I weigh at the doctors office.
Releasing 15 pounds will bring me to 350. A nice round number :D

djadecatz
10-07-2006, 03:47 PM
It is getting to that time of year when Holiday food kills off all the pounds you so painfully lost so I am jumping back in to join ya. Let's see, better late than never at 2 lbs a week that would be 6 lbs by Sahain...and to keep it up!

Jade Catz

mauvaisroux
10-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Arg! I gained 3lbs over the weekend. :( Back to it today though!

djadecatz
10-14-2006, 03:14 PM
A few years ago I went to a Sahain that was opened to all Pagans and signed up for their email list to be notified of upcoming events. It must have gotten lost and then found last week cause I got an email listing events and hurray I will be able to join the group for Sahain! It will be exciting to see old friends and since I am off Tuesdays and Wednsdays now, not have to get up the next morning!:D Now to mentally program not giving into the food everyone brings!
Lost 2 lbs this week

Jade Catz

lady hawke
10-16-2006, 09:04 AM
A quick update - I have 9 pounds to go until I reach my Samhain goal! :carrot: How is everyone doing? :)

Vilandra485
10-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Sorry I haven't checked in in so long...I'm always on the 300+ threads and I tend to forget the others, lol, well last week I was up (not a real gain, I was under my calorie limit) 0.5 pounds...and for forever before that I was stuck at 322.5....but I think I have a loss coming tomorrow as I tweaked my method for something new. :) My goal is to be 312.5 by Samhain, but I think I'm gonna fall short...but if I do I can't say I didn't try my best! :D Hopefully I will remember to check in tomorrow for my big FIVE MONTH weigh-in! :)

Melissa

Vilandra485
10-17-2006, 05:09 PM
I took advice and upped my calories this week and kept everything else the same..and for the first time in 6 weeks I LOST!!!! -3.5 WOO HOO!! :)

Melissa

mauvaisroux
10-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Congratulations! :bravo:

Vilandra485
10-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Have a great Samhain everyone!!
Obviously I didn't make my weight loss goal, but now I need to leave that behind and focus on my next goal. :)

Melissa

mauvaisroux
10-31-2006, 04:01 PM
How about a yule challenge then? :D

I did well with with my goal of increasing my exercise and staying away from the candy bowl! :D

Happy Samhain (does one say "happy" with that? :lol: ) to all of you! :witch:

lady hawke
11-02-2006, 12:44 PM
I came close to my Samhain goal....but not close enough! lol Did I see mention of a Yule Challenge? ;)

Drugchick
11-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Hello all!

I know i'm a day or two late, but I would just like to wish everyone a Blessed Somhain!

(and hope you had good luck with the diets. God knows mine are useless)

mauvaisroux
11-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks! And welcome to 3fc :)