General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default *Slimfasters - July*

Happy 4th of July Weekend everyone!

I'll check in later.
southerndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #2  

I'm up one lb but I know why! I will do better.

The good news is I went shopping yesterday and am down one size in clothes! That is a big thrill for me! I no longer have to shop in the "womens" section and can go straight to "misses". Why the two departments are named that way I will never understand.

I would like to lose 10 by July 24th. We will be going on vacation and I will be in a bathing suit every day.

How is everyone else doing?

Anyone else up to a challenge? Exercise? Water? Lbs lost? Let me know!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Congratulations on losing a size! I haven't weighed the last few days but I feel kind of puffy today. I had popcorn the other night and I think it's caught up with me

I have trouble having a shake for lunch. I seem to always be really hungry at noon so I'm going to switch my shake to dinner.

My doctor has lost around 60 pounds and did it with slimfast. He's a big proponent of the sf program. I was kind of surprised to hear a dr. actually use it and suggest it for patients. I was impressed!
Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:37 PM   #4  

Idrial do you do the meal plan on slimfast.com? Because it will have you eat more than just a shake for lunch like on mine I have a shake and a sandwich and it's pretty cool you can customize it and it's all free.
I'm back with the slimfast I was trying the Michael Thurmond 6 week body makeover but I cannot do it it's crazy. I was starved!! So I'm back to slimfast.
Well talk to you all later.
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:04 AM   #5  

No, I don't do that plan but that's a great idea. I haven't visited their site in quite a while. I will go check it out.
I feel good today. I think switching the meals around will help simply because I'm hungrier in the middle of the day and the late afternoon is my binge-danger time zone. If I eat a bigger lunch, I seem to do better.

I've not heard of the Michael Thurmond makeover. I think of all the programs out there though, slimfast is the least complicated, the least stressful. I need that!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:56 AM   #6  

Hello Idrial and 2much

I use the slimfast web site too. So many great tools at no cost, yea! It really helps me to have a meal plan worked out for me.

You have to do what works and feels right for your body.

I will be out of town all of next week on vacation. I will check back in next Sun. Until then - continued success to us all!! Deb
Old 07-16-2006, 04:38 PM   #7  
Coop class of '82

Hi everyone,
I am starting the SF diet tomorrow (got some ice cream to get rid of first *lol*). I need to remove 50-65 lbs and I'd like to get it done by my birthday in December.

My name is Kim, I'm 42 and I live near Salt Lake City Utah and I have 2 teenage boys (14 and 16), a DH, and two kitties. I currently work in manufacturing on the swing shift but in two weeks I will have a new job at a Life Time Fitness center which will pay less but is closer to home and day shift. I need to work days so I can see that these boys get their high school diplomas someday soon!

I am 5'9" and weighed in this morning at 220.4 lbs. I have been as high as 250 and as low as 147. 165 is a good weight for me, my Dr. says between 160 and 200 is fine. I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure that I take meds for and I am a member of Curves where I exercise 3 times a week. I will get a free membership at Life Time for working there so that will add some variety. I also live 2 miles away so I plan to get a bicycle soon and ride to work. I also have several pair of Victoria's Secret jeans in size 10 waiting for me to wear again

Anyway, it's nice to "meet" you and I'm excited to get on board.
KimmyKat63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 AM   #8  

Hi all,

Welcome Kim!

I stayed the same after my week away. I was visiting family and their house is full of junk food. I went way off my program and am very surprised that I stayed the same!!

I leave for vacation next Monday so I have one week to lose a few.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Deb
Old 07-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #9  

Kim, we have some things in common! I am trying to lose the same weight range for my birthday in December (31st) and I have a 16 year old son. I also have an autoimmune disease like you, but mines rheumatoid arthritis. I saw a rheumatologist last week and I'm on some medicines now but that shouldn't affect my weight (I hope ). Anyway, the PA I saw said I need to be getting some of this weight off and my general doctor has said the same.

I'm 5'4" and weigh around 180. I do really well on slimfast, but I've been doing some junk food eating lately and it sure is making me bloated and pudgy! I just finished my morning slimfast and I'm determined to stay on course this time. It's too darned hot to be this heavy. I notice I can't handle the heat nearly as well as I did when I was thinner.

Deb, GREAT JOB on staying the same! It's tough when you're away from home. I think that is my biggest challenge. I'm renting a house about 75 miles away and I'll be away from the internet from the first part of August until the end of August. My son has some daily classes and work up there and it's way too expensive to drive back and forth. We're thinking of getting a notebook so maybe I can get wifi at some of the cyber cafes. Don't know if I'll have it by then or not.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:47 PM   #10  

Hi all,

Kim and Idrial how are you doing?

Kim, best of luck with your new job, what a wonderful atmosphere to work in to help you reach your goals.

Idrial, have you stayed on course??

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm getting ready for Hawaii, we leave on Monday. I won't have any shakes but I am going to eat well and walk and swim and enjoy myself. I'll check in tomorrow.

Last edited by southerndeb; 07-21-2006 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/164/130

Cool Hello girls!!

Hi girls! I am starting SF today. I have 26 yo, one child (18 months). I want to lose 30 lbs. I am currently weighing it at an all time high of 163. My problem is that I eat too much convenience food. I am always on the go!! So I am going to do a SlimFast shake for breakfast and dinner (I always eat a good lunch). I am addicted to food. I use for to make me happy, feel better, hide real emotions, etc. In the end though, I am not happy, I don't feel better, and the real emotions are still there. I am sick of falling of the "wagon". Do any of you have any suggestions that would help me stick to this goal?
Thanks and good luck to all of you!
Jalene
Jalene5 is offline   Reply With Quote