South Beach Diet - Slim Fast With The South Beach Life Style?

MsCrockett
07-02-2006, 11:16 AM
I Was Checking My Sb Guide And It Looks As Though Slim Fast Can Be Had With This Program, I Am Trying To Find A Cheap Way For A Bit To Eat And Make Sure I Have The Appropriate Nutrition I Need, Has Anyone Tried To Use The Slim Fast For A Replacement Meal .. Orrrrrr Can You Share Your Thought On This Matter? Thank You

GAGIRL320
07-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Do you have to eat anything with the shakes, I know when doing the slim fast diet you do eat with the shakes to make sure you are getting the right amount of calories. I would think that since they have allot of protien that you could do veggies & maybe some fruit with them. But this is good to know, that way I can them handy for our long trips and such.

silvergirl21701
07-03-2006, 11:43 AM
from what I remember...there is a ton of sugar in the Slim Fast Shakes... I was starving on them...the hunger would go away for about an hour...and then came back with a vengeance

Artemis__
07-03-2006, 11:50 AM
silvergirl just wrote almost word for word what I was going to write. I remember it being full of sugar and also other additives and things . Perhaps they changed the formulations?? SBD is about avoiding sugar and eating healthy, natural foods. If you go over to the recipes board here there is a recipe for "Awesome Chocolate Milk Shake" ( I think its in breakfasts P1 section) It is delicious, and filling. Much more so than slim fast....

MsCrockett
07-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Hey girls thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, the "slim fast meal shake" Keto Low carb shake, Atkins Adbentage shake, Carb solution Shake , and Eas Advantedge Carb Control, are all allowed as a meal Replcement on the South Beach Diet, I was hoping to hear that someone on the SBD had tried one of these and how they did on it,, Guess I will be the ginny pig..LOL..

Artemis__
07-03-2006, 12:31 PM
They must have reformulated since i last used them (yeah back in the 80's!!). Someone else may come in and respond who has used them in SBD. Let us know how it goes!

MsCrockett
07-03-2006, 12:34 PM
will do..

silvergirl21701
07-03-2006, 12:51 PM
I took this info directly off the Slim Fast website and it does have a lot of sugar in it...I would stay away and make a protein shake with some protein powder, SF yogurt and some fruit or unsweetened cocoa and some splenda...it would take off alot of the unneccesary sugar

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 can (325 mL)

Amount Per Serving
Calories (Energy) 220

Calories from Fat 25

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 3g 5%

Saturated Fat 1g 5%

Polyunsatured Fat 0.5g

Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g

Cholesterol 5mg 2%

Sodium 220mg 9%

Potassium 600mg 17%

Total Carbohydrate 40g 13%

Dietary Fiber 5g 20%

Sugars 35g

Protein 10g 20%

MsCrockett
07-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Good Lord, That Is A Lot Of Sugar~!!!!!!!! Thank You So Much For Taking The Time , I Never Thought To Look It Up On The Web,,,duhhh,, Thanks Again.

silvergirl21701
07-03-2006, 12:59 PM
no problem...i just want to help out like everyone has been helping me!!!

athensmomof3
07-06-2006, 11:55 PM
WHOA! It is a lot of sugar!!! I have some Slim Fast Optima in my fridge and was hoping to be able to use it up (only have 6 or 8 left), and they only have18 g sugar, which is still a bunch.

I have tried the AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes and they taste pretty good (not as good as some of the shakes on the recipe forum :yes:), but only have 100 calories so not a meal. I might keep a couple in my car (where i spend my entire life!) to have in a pinch . . .