Support Groups - Over 50 & Getting Lighter -- July/August '06

meowee
07-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Here we are . . . can't believe I almost forgot to start a new thread . . . and after I made such a fuss about having to look at my typing error in the title of the old one . . .

CHERYL . . . So sorry about the FD problems and the 'needle through the finger' problems, too. Better to shut yourself in the sewing room than the kitchen. Good luck.

It is still nice and dry around here although the forecast is threatening thunder storms . . . honestly don't mind too much so long as we are not left with that oppressive humidity again . . . I definitely want to get rid of this www that's lodged around the ankles.

Have a great weekend, ladies . . . Keep it moving and shaking and I see you all soon. :carrot:

hyacinth merry
07-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Thank You Meowee for starting the new thread for us! :hug:

Yes, Cheryl, I too want to say how sorry I am to hear about the owie on your finger thanks to the "sewing" accident - Ouch! :( Those suckers hurt too when it's a finger - so many nerves there I guess. Hope that things get settled down with your FD issues. I am glad to read that you are continuing to nuture your creative side by working on the quilt, despite the emotional chaos. That's a really positive way to defuse some of the stress.

Yesterday was of course the beginning of a new month and as I said then, my goal for July is losing 8 more pounds (that's not my total loss goal, just my goal for the month). I was planning on swimming this weekend but we've had duststorms and unproductive thunderstorms - little rain :-( But with lots of lightening, being in water isn't a real great idea ;)

Hy

Cheryl120
07-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi Girls,
Well the fairy fat mother paid me a visit.:D I'm down another pound. I changed my ticker to show the highest weight I was before I started here, and my new goal that I set for myself. Seems more reachable than 150 pounds right now. Thanks for your concern about my finger. Of course it's a finger I need for typing and can't use right now. So I'm peck typing. Everytime I hit the finger, it starts bleeding. Going to slap a bandaid on it before I go us and shut myself up in my room and work on the last side of the quilt. Thinking about setting up my other machine and getting some machine embroidery done on some dish towel. Have a bridal shower on Friday, so thinking this will make a nice gift.

Hy...I remember those teribble dust storms. We use to be sationed at 29 Plams, California. It can really sandblast your car, windows or whatever. Hope you can get some swimming in tomorrow.

Linda...I think I have finally learned not to eat out of stress, but to find something to distract and calm me down. Sewing is my stress releaver, and music soothes my soul. We are having thunderstormes and much needed rain.
looks like it's going to be another muggy day at 85. Oh joy!!!

Have a good one my friends.:hug:
Cheryl

hyacinth merry
07-03-2006, 10:10 AM
FINALLY get to move my ticker down One Pound!!! Woohoo!! :carrot:

New month, new week...I'm ready!

Hy

Donna72664
07-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Hard to believe we are in another month!!! Thanks Linda for getting us going again. Sorry I have been absent for a time. Had a lot of reading to do to catch up on what you have all been up to. If I singled each of you out this would get too long,so I will just say you have all been in my prayers and I am proud of each of you that have had good things happen and I am sorry for those who have had problems. Guess you could say that is CYA !!!
Promise to stay in touch better.
We had our clinic Open House on Friday and it was a great success. Now we can get back to the real world.
:carrot: My weight tracker is finally right !!!! I'm so happy. Now I can get on the ball again and maybe I will make my birthday goal yet. That's 8 pounds in a month.Know you gals are always right there watching over my shoulder
to keep me honest. Thanks a million.

For those in the US, have a wonderful 4th of July, and for our Canadian friends, I hope you had a good Canada Day celebration on the 1st.

Have to run, I'm at work and the dryer just went off,so I had better go fold
my sheets and towels.Talk to you on Wednesday.

DONNA

meowee
07-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Hi there, chickies . . .

Hy . . . :hug: Congratulations on your loss, girl. Keep it going.

Cheryl . . . :hug: Congratulations on your loss, too. Hope that finger is typing again really soon.

Donna . . . :hug: Congratulations on your 'ticker-correction'. No where to go but down.

Well I have bad news and good news . . . long-term forecast says the humidity is definitely on the rise again (bad #1) so that led me to breaking my cardinal rule (bad #2) and getting on the scale this morning, but that got me the good news that my www is gone and as of right now my ticker is correct again, too. Yippee. :D

So . . . if the humidity stays down, maybe I'll actually get a tiny loss by Wednesday . . . if it doesn't, I'll try not to get too upset. Knowing the way my body reacts to the heat and humidity, I may not know until the end of summer just what is happening for sure. :dizzy: So I'll just keep doing the good stuff as much as I possibly can and rely on the fact that the good stuff will eventually pay off.

Hope everybody has a great day. Keep on moving and shaking, girls. See you soon. :carrot:

meowee
07-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi, girls . . . where are you? Happy Fourth of July!

Nothing too exciting around here. the weather was not as bad as predicted today but now it is getting very cloudy and heavy. Can hardly wait to see what the scale-:devil: has to say tomorrow morning.

Have a good one, gang. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction. See you soon. :carrot:

meowee
07-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Well gang, I'm up again this morning but not as bad as last week so maybe that means I actually lost something if it wasn't being clouded over by the weather-induced WWW. I'm not going to get excited about it and until it can move downward, my ticker stays exactly where it is.

Have a good one, everybody. Keep moving and shaking and I see you all soon. :carrot:

Cheryl120
07-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Morning...Sorry I was MIA for a couple of days. Just busy with 4th of July activities. Went to a couple of fireworks displays the last couple of nights. Had a BBQ with friends and I was very good!!! My stress level is just about back to normal. Told the FD's that as of right now, they were not going on vacation with us. To change their ATTITUDES if they wanted to go. Must of worked, cause yesterday they were very plesant and my stomache wasn't as upset.

Donna...Hope you had a Happy 4th. Congrats on your ticker being correct.

Linda...Glad to hear the WWW was gone. I love summer, but hate the humidity and what it does to some of us gals that can't take it. I also swell up big time.

Well I am off to town for a meeting this morning and I also have WW, but don't know if I will be out of the meeting in time to make it. I hope so!! Want to see if their scales moved like mine did.:D
See you later...Cheryl

hyacinth merry
07-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Nothing new here to report - just taking one day at a time. We stayed home (I don't enjoy crowds) and ended up watching "The Man From Snowy River" on AMC - I haven't seen that movie in years, but it was good (except for the commericals)

Had vegetable salads with chicken breast chopped on top for dinner. Nothing fancy, but that's OK - I'd rather achieve my goal than get caught up in the traditional food fest that is the Fourth for a lot of people.

We too have some humid weather here, which is not normal for the desert. It really does make you feel "heavy"- no matter what weight you are!

Wishing everyone a good day!
Hy

Donna72664
07-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Good morning ladies. What a beautiful day we had here for the 4th. It was
cloudy and comfortable.Thought we were going to get rained out for the
fireworks but just a sprinkle early.Now this morning is cloudy and we had a
little shower early,the sun is trying to peek out so the humidity should get up there by afternoon. Oh yea!!!

LINDA: Good attitude! This time of year we have to be a little patient with
our water weight. It will all go away as soon as it gets cool again.:hug:

CHERYL: Sounds like you found the magic wand for those FD's. Would be a
shame,at least for them,to miss going on vacation with you. I'm sure you will show them a wonderful time,just hope they appreciate it. Hope you make it to WW,hate to miss the opportunity to see that scale go downward.:hug:

HY: What a good girl you were for the 4th. Way to go. One day at a time is
the best way to do anything. I watched that movie last week, I love it everytime I watch it.:hug:

Hope everyone has a good week,now that the holiday is over and our week
is messed up. I hate a holiday in the middle of the week,now we have 2
Mondays in this week ;) Keep up the good work. DONNA

Cheryl120
07-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi Ladies...Just a quick check in for tonight. I'll come back tomorrow for personals. Scales were down 1.8 lbs at WW. I'm moving my ticker and so happy to see 329!!!! Cheryl

Donna72664
07-06-2006, 03:21 PM
:woo: CHERYL: 1.8 lbs gone forever, great job,so proud of you!

DONNA

meowee
07-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Hi all . . . we're back to air so thick you can see it (or so it seems). Temperature is not too bad but the humidity is awful again.

CHERYL . . . :hug: great loss, girl.

HY . . . :hug: good for you, no 4th pig-out.

DONNA . . . :hug: That 2nd 'Monday' is always the worst. Just think how short the rest of the week will seem.

Have a good one everybody. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the great downward direction. See you lighter. :carrot:

Cheryl120
07-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Hy...Nothing wrong with staying home on the 4th. I hate crowds as well.:^: and I'm a homebody, but ended up going to two fireworks display because of the girls.

Donna...Happy to hear you had a nice 4th of July and the weather sounds like it was just right.

Linda...Before you know it, fall will be hear. I can hardly wait for cooler days.

Thought I would share a couple of things I got at WW with you gals.

DECLARE YOUR THIN-DEPENDENCE!!
I have the right to be thin.
I have the right to enjoy an active lifestyle.
I have the right to say NO.
I have the right to feel good.
I have the right to take time for myself.
I have the right to be free to make sensible choices.
I have the right to be thin from within.

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECLARE MY THIN-DEPENDENCE!!!

I pledge allegiance to myself, the special person that I am, and to this body in which I live, one day, one meal, one moment while I live.
I will not look back to see any wrong, nor cross that bridge that hasn't come, but start each day fresh and new, ready to learn, and feel special too!!

See you ladies tomorrow. Have a good night.

Cheryl

meowee
07-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi there . . . our weather is absolutely delightful today . . . hope it continues for a bit. :cool:

CHERYL . . . :hug: Love both the thin-dependence and the self-allegiance items. All very true and stuff we never take the time to think about.

Well, better go. Taking advantage of the cooler, muggy-free day to finish putting the edging on a crocheted afghan that has been begging me to finish it. Since you have to drape it over your lap to work on it, it is not something to do on a hot, sticky day.

Have a great evening, gang. See you really soon. In the meantime just keep doing the good stuff. :carrot:

Cheryl120
07-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Morning...Had meetings all day yesterday and I didn't get home till late lastnight. I just wanted to take a shower and go to bed. It was a very hot and miserable day yesterday and it looks like it will be the same today. I had such a horrible headache with the heat and the farmers mowing their hay, I just wanted to find a cool, dark place to crawl into. Feel much better this morning.:D Today I'm going to cut and sew the binding together and get it sewed on the sides of the quilts, so I can sit and watch a movie while I do the hand work.

Linda...I know you are one happy lady to finally have cooler weather. Hope the scales showed the water weight is retreating!!! Did you get the edging done on the afagan?

Donna and Hy...Hope you gals are having a wonderful weekend.

Cheryl

hyacinth merry
07-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Oh sorry I was not posting for a few days. We have a family member that is very ill and things have been touch and go. Still not sure how this will all pan out but he is being prayed for by many and has a supportive group of friends where he lives.

I'm doing OK with my food plan - I did get to go to Wild Oats yesterday and replenish my veggie supply :) Today I'm going to try to make a new recipe (to me) for low-carb muffins using almond flour - I got it off of 3 chicks. Yes, I will report back here with my findings - lol!! ;)

Last night I took the night off and read a new book I picked up from the library on the way home - I am always so busy (or think I am) and just catch bits and pieces of novels here and there...but I parked myself on a sofa and just read the entire book! The pets loved it too as they could all snuggle up with me while I read. Usually I'm running from one room to another doing "stuff". Anyway it was a nice time and I need to make more time for these "simple pleasures"...

Hope everyone has a good weekend too and congrats on all the weight losses - awesome!!!!

:hug: Hy

meowee
07-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Hi there girls . . .

It has been just plain HOT today although the humidity has been fairly low. I seem to have been extremely busy again today and the heat is really getting me down. I'm tired and my BS is up, too. Actually kind of strange all round.

CHERYL . . . :hug: So sorry for your hot and busy day yesterday. I can so relate. Hope today is at least a little more comfortable. Yep, I got the afghan finished yesterday, except for all the loose ends that I now have to weave in. But as long as I leave it just draped over the back of the couch, I can't even see those, so they can wait for a bit longer. :o

HY . . . :hug: Oh dear, so sorry to hear about the family illness. Hope it works out OK. Wow, do you ever read fast. Must have been a great book.

Anyway, got to get going again. Have a good evening, girls and I'll see you tomorrow. Keep on moving and shaking and doing all the other good stuff. :carrot:

Cheryl120
07-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Linda...Hope you are having a nice cool day today. We are much cooler and it feels wonderful. Still no rain, and it doesn't look like we will get any this week.:(

Hy...Sorry to hear that your family member is sick. Will keep you both in my prayers. See where you are 106 today. You can have it!!!

Well gals, I got the binding on the quilts and started picking the loose threads off of one quilt. Just have the king size quilt to do and then I can pack them away for the trip. I'll take pictures of the quilts once I get out to oregon. Going to start doing the french knots on the kids quilt tomorrow, since I have to take the FD to meetings all day. Have a good one.

Cheryl

hyacinth merry
07-10-2006, 11:18 AM
At my self-weigh-in this morning, I'd lost 1/2 pound this past week...of course I would have loved for it to have been more but every little bit helps I guess.

Yes, it is hotter that hades around here right now - ugh! It just makes you mean and lazy :D

The low-carb muffin recipe I mentioned I was going to make was not something I would make again. I was really disappointed. Sometimes with the recipes posted on these sites, the directions are goofy too. This one said something like "add 1/2 cup of water until a muffin batter consistancy is reached" Huh??? I added the called for 1/2c H20 and it was like soup. I thought muffin batter was supposed to be kind of thick, but in that case, NO water should have been added - there was enough moisture from the eggs, oil and Davinci Syrup.

As I am not a cook, I just need clear and SIMPLE directions, end of story.

Well enough grumbling about that! See what I mean about PHX summer heat making you grumpy?? - lol!!

Hope everyone else has good news to report :hug:
HY

meowee
07-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi kiddos . . . I'm still here and I'm still too hot . . . very unusual for us to have a hot streak that lasts like this one . . . one nice comfy day (Friday) out of two weeks of misery just to let us think things were coming to an end :(

CHERYL :hug: Glad things have gotten a little cooler for you.

HY :hug: Must admit, your heat wave make me feel guilty that I'm complaining so much.

Have a good day, girls. Keep cool and I'll see you soon. :carrot:

Cheryl120
07-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Hy...Congrats on the 1/2 pound loss. I know you would of liked to see a bigger loss, but it all adds up and it's heading in the right direction.

Linda...Our cooler weather will be gone by tomorrow. We are to be 95 tomorrow and 100 by Saturday. Going to find a nice cool place to hang out. Sorry you have hot weather coming back in. Too bad we don't sweat the fat off instead of retaining the water. Just not fair!!!

Had meetings most of the day and I have meetings again tomorrow and Wednesday. Would love to be able to just stay home and sew. Maybe I can do it Thursday.

Talk to you later.
Cheryl

Donna72664
07-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Hello girls, thought I had better check in. Sounds like we are all in the same
boat, complaining about the heat. I just have no energy when it gets hot and it is really pretty decent today. The weather man said at noon that we can expect 95 to 105 from now through Monday. You are right Cheryl,we should be able to sweat our fat off instead of retaining water. Boy at this rate by the time winter comes and the water weight starts to go we should all be skinny:rofl: Hope all of you are finding a way to keep somewhat cool and comfortable.

HY: I was sorry to read that you have an ill family member. My prayers are with you and your family.

LINDA: We are going to have to find pictures of snow to get cool !!!

CHERYL: When do you leave on your trip to Oregon? I've never been to that part of the country, looks lovely.

Keep cool ladies,will talk to you soon. DONNA

hyacinth merry
07-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Morning girls! :hug:

And a Hey to Donna! Good to hear from you and thank you for thinking of our family right now :hug: Things on that front are still a bit iffy, unfortunately.

I was laughing (in agreement!) when I read about the water weight gain thing because yesterday I started off all fine and dandy in my jeans and by about 4 PM I had to unzip I felt so bloated - even my T-shirt, for heaven's sake, felt tight!!!! I knew it wasn't a "food issue" as I'd eaten very light all day. Anyway, around 5 I finally had to cave and change into a loose pair of capri's with a drawstring waist! I guess because I live in the desert I just think bloating wouldn't be an issue, but it is humid - for us - right now, so there you go!

We're going to go see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie today at 11 - it should be nice and cool there...until we get out to our car that has been baking for 3 hours - lol! Oh well, it's summer and that's just the way it is...My DH and I just needed to get out of the house for a little while and seeing this movie will be a nice diversion.

Hope everyone is doing well,
Hy

meowee
07-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi Ladies . . . Just taking a little break from the "project" and thought I'd say HELLO everybody :hug:

Humidity is back up to that point that you have to wonder how it can be this high and not be raining. :( But I got a tiny little surprise this morning. I'm down .6 of a pound so I've moved my ticker. Heaven only knows where my weight will be by this time next week. :dizzy: I'm right there in agreement with everybody who has mentioned the dreaded WWW of summer. Just think how much thinner we will all be when the season is finally over and we can truly find out what we weigh. :D

Anyway, gang . . . hang in there and keep doing the good stuff and we will win this battle with the nasty scale-:devil: eventually. See you all soon. :carrot:

Cheryl120
07-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Donna...Had a nice laugh. We should be skinny with all the sweating we do with the heat and humidity. We are 100 today and I'm just plain miserable. Had to go to town and hubby left me his car. Now I know why, the air didn't work!!!

Hy...How was the movie? Hubby and I are going to see it either Friday or Saturday. I went and saw "The Devil Wore Pradra" today, it was so-so. At least it was a nice place to spend a couple of hours and get cooled off for four bucks. Hy, I leave on the 24th and will spend 14 days with my family.

Linda...WHOOHOO on moving your ticker. So happy for you!!!!

Well gals, I was able to move my ticker down 2 pounds this morning. I'm pretty happy that the last couple of weeks I've been loosing 1 1/2 to 2 pounds each week.:D Hope it continues. Now, if only I had the energy to workout more than I have, I might see bigger results. Got my new clothes I ordered and only have to send 2 tops back that I don't like the way they fit. My pants set I wanted, was no longer available. Anyway, I have a few new things to wear on vacation.

Cheryl

hyacinth merry
07-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Hy...How was the movie? Hubby and I are going to see it either Friday or Saturday. I went and saw "The Devil Wore Pradra" today, it was so-so. At least it was a nice place to spend a couple of hours and get cooled off for four bucks. Cheryl

Cheryl I have to be honest and say that I really did not like the 2nd "Pirates" movie. For many reasons. And I sure was hoping it would be as good as the first one. The fun is pretty much all but gone in this one. My DH said he couldn't understand or hear about 3/4th's of it - my hearing's better so I'd say that wasn't the movie's only problem, IMO :devil:

The characters from the first movie are so charismatic that they pretty much are the only reason to see this sequel.

I'd like to see "The Devil Wore Prada" too, but I've heard from several people that is was just "OK" - Meryl is the main attraction but otherwise...eh? I'll probably get it on DVD from our library later on. Yes, the movie theaters are a great place to get cooled off - at least they don't skimp on the A/C where we go :)

Hugs,
Hy

hyacinth merry
07-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Well gals, I was able to move my ticker down 2 pounds this morning. I'm pretty happy that the last couple of weeks I've been loosing 1 1/2 to 2 pounds each week.:D Hope it continues.......Got my new clothes I ordered and only have to send 2 tops back that I don't like the way they fit...... Anyway, I have a few new things to wear on vacation.

Cheryl

Wow Cheryl, I'm really happy for you! Excellent news! :carrot:

That's so great that you will go on vacation with some new clothes in a smaller size - you just have to be smiling about that :D

Congrats!

Hy

hyacinth merry
07-13-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm down .6 of a pound so I've moved my ticker.

meowee Congrats to you too! It's really kind of exciting to move that ticker to a lower number, isn't it? :) I'm glad your hard work is paying off!

Hugs,
Hy

Cheryl120
07-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Hy...I would wait and checkout "The Devil Wore Prada". Like I said, it was so-so and I was disappointed. I had a hard time hearing or understanding Meryl. Thanks for the info on Pirates, but hubby really wants to see it. We are going to be 100 plus through the weekend, so it's one place we can cool off for under 10 bucks.:D

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.:hug: Stay cool and keep heading the scales downward.:D

Hugs, Cheryl

Donna72664
07-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Just jumping in to say Have A Wonderful Weekend,know it is going to be terribly hot,but sounds like most of you have plans to stay in where it will be cool.

Congrats on all those weight losses!!:carrot: I have been chicken to get on the scales this week. Last night we had our company picnic and tonight our bank is having a barbecue to celebrate its 100th year.Will try it on Monday,
but afraid it might not be good.

Have to run,have a full schedule today,talk to you Monday or Tuesday.

Keep up the good work and the downward spiral on that ticker!

DONNA

Cheryl120
07-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi Ladies...Hope your weekend is off to a good start.:D I'm pretty much going to stay inside where it is cool. Hubby and I were out and about yesterday. Thought I was going to die in the heat. We went and saw a movie and went out for Chinese afterwards. Got the kids quilt top finished this afternoon. I need to now match up the backing fabric and sew it together and it's ready to go to the quilters.

Cheryl

meowee
07-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi gang . . . another hot one here, too. Have a fun weekend everybody. Keep cool if you can. Se you soon. :carrot:

hyacinth merry
07-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Well I think I had what they call a "woosh" this past week? Since last Monday, one week, I lost 3 pounds!!! I'm still kind of in shock after the many months of just stalling, even tho I was faithful to the Atkins diet.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right? :D

A couple things that I "modified" from what I was doing previously was to continue with a generous serving of berries EACH day and also to cut the protein portion of my meal in the evening. Maybe my body just needed a "mix-it-up" too after being on the same diet since Feb. of this year.

LOL, I'd better not start passing along "tips" right now tho...Anyway, one more pound and I'll then be within 20 pounds of my ultimate goal weight. Wow, what a journey.

I stayed cool this weekend by staying indoors! I did housework, nothing exciting that's for sure but it felt good to have a clean house :) DH and I watched a DVD I got from the library: the first 2 seasons of the BBC show "As Time Goes By". We really enjoyed. Hope everyone had a good weekend and managed to stay cool.

Cheryl120
07-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Hy...WHOOHOO!!!! I hear your excitement!!! 3 lbs is awesome and you have been so good following your plan.

Linda...Hope you had a nice cool weekend.

All I can say is it is so hot and we need rain sooooo bad. I have a very busy week ahead with the FD's having appointments and packing for vacation. Can't wait to go to the ocean and just hope it isn't 90 or above out there. Going to weigh at the end of the week to see if the fairy fat mother has decided to pay me a visit. Feel pretty water logged with all the water I have been chugging down. Have a good evening and I'll talk to you later.

Cheryl

Donna72664
07-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Want to jump in here for a minute. Things here are about to go to :devil:

My boss just called and his dad is on his death bed and he is only 58.
I have spent all morning calling patients to cancel and reschedule for Friday
which may also get canceled.
My stomach is so upset and I can't quit :cry: Going to be a long week I'm afraid.

Congrats on the weight loss Hy:carrot:

Cheryl; enjoy that vacation and hopefully the ffm will bless you

Linda:Glad you could move your ticker too

Supposed to be 106 today so guess I'll stay right here where the air conditioner is working overtime. Better get back to my phone calls think I have the tears dried for the time being. Thanks gals. Love Ya DONNA

Cheryl120
07-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Donna...So sorry to hear your boss father is on his death bed. Will keep you all in my prayers. Stay strong and don't be tempted by the food devil:devil:...We are hot here, but not as hot as you. I am getting ready to turn the air conditioner on and finish packing.

Hey Ladies, I had a great surprise this morning. I decided to clean my closet out and decided to try on some clothes I haven't been able to wear for YEARS. Well I'm able to wear 4 dresses, 3 pairs of pants and 2 tops. Have to shorten the pants, but I'm doing the happy dance.:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Talk to you all later.

Cheryl

hyacinth merry
07-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Want to jump in here for a minute. Things here are about to go to :devil:

My boss just called and his dad is on his death bed and he is only 58.
I have spent all morning calling patients to cancel and reschedule for Friday
which may also get canceled.
My stomach is so upset and I can't quit :cry: Going to be a long week I'm afraid.
Love Ya DONNA

Donna, this has got to be a very tough situation and I'm so sorry to hear that your boss's dad is in such critical condition. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.

Remember to take care of yourself too :hug:

Hy

hyacinth merry
07-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Hey Ladies, I had a great surprise this morning. I decided to clean my closet out and decided to try on some clothes I haven't been able to wear for YEARS. Well I'm able to wear 4 dresses, 3 pairs of pants and 2 tops. Have to shorten the pants, but I'm doing the happy dance.:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Cheryl

Cheryl, this is fantastic! I'm so pleased for you - I can just tell you are thrilled :hug: (And who wouldn't be??!! :D )

Hy

Cheryl120
07-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi Ladies...It's been a real crazy day of running here and there and everywhere!!
Took Ozzy to the doggie spa first thing this morning and he feel so much better. He came out with the biggest smile on his face. I know he was saying, Thanks MOM!! Had several appoints for the FD to go to, and it's the same tomorrow. Can't wait for Monday to get here, so I can just breath and relax a little bit. Got started on cleaning the house this afternoon and my wash is almost done. Have most of the packing done as well. Would be very nice to have Sunday afternoon to just relax and do nothing before the big trip.
We finally got some much needed rain and I can't tell you how wonderful it smells and feels. Thank you Lord!!!
Have a great evening and I'll talk to you later.

Cheryl :hug:

hyacinth merry
07-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Well I surprised even myself and got up and did my yoga first thing this morning and then did the WATP's One Mile video too!! So I'm all raring to go - at least for now anyway. After I go outside for 2 minutes and feel the furnace blast out there, I'm guessing that will be the end of my energy spurt - lol!

Hope everyone has a good weekend :hug:

Hy

Cheryl120
07-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Just a quick check-in this morning. Yesterday I got bit several times on my foot/ankle by a biting fly and had an allergic reaction for the very first time. My foot is on fire and itches like the dickens and so swollen. I'm hoping it is better by tomorrow. I'm taking benadryl and soaking it.

Hy...Great job on getting your exercising in. I saw where you were 114 yesterday. Hope you are sitting in front of the air conditioner.

Well have a great day ladies, I'll try to check in tomorrow.

Cheryl

Donna72664
07-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Good morning ladies. It seems like ages since I was here. Thank you for your kind words and prayers this last week. Unfortunately my boss's father
passed away on Wednesday afternoon. His funeral was Saturday. It was a
tough week.but hopefully this week will be better.

HY: Way to go on all that exercising. I did manage to get in a couple of 2 mile walks this weekend.

CHERYL:Hope your foot and ankle are better this morning. I have had a couple of bites this summer that I reacted to.Was never sure just what it was that got me.

Hope everyone has a good week. Will try to get back before it's over.
DONNA

hyacinth merry
07-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Unfortunately my boss's father
passed away on Wednesday afternoon. His funeral was Saturday. DONNA

Donna, I'm sorry to hear this news. He wasn't very old, was he? It's so nice of you to be supportive of your boss during this difficult time. My sincere condolences to you, your boss and his family.

Hy

hyacinth merry
07-25-2006, 11:39 AM
No weight loss here this week after my big "whoosh" last week. This is going SO slowly...sigh...

I don't feel so "special" anymore with our triple digit temps (F) here in AZ - yikes, what the heck is happening in CA and even in parts of the US midwest?? Honestly I don't remember it reaching over 100 degrees EVER when I lived in the midwest myself!!

So yes, we've been hot here in AZ but we always are during the summer and at least we expect it and are prepared.

I'm trying to clean out some old craft supplies - I hate it, but I've come to the realization that I COULD become a packrat if I don't get my act together here pretty soon and get rid of some of this stuff!!!! I'm about 2 cardboard boxes away from qualifying from that title, btw :o Yeesh!

Blueberries have been nice in the stores and I've enjoyed those several times this week. Also the cherries, but I think I have to limit myself on those. They may be some of what my weight loss stall is all about this week. Hmmm.

Well time to get crackin and start my project. Hope everyone has a good day :hug:

Hy

Donna72664
07-25-2006, 03:54 PM
HY: Thank you for you for your kind thoughts, I know Richard and his family will greatly appreciate them. No he wasn't very old, only 59. Same age as me, so it really makes one think.

With everything that has been going on here I haven't even thought about my weight, but know I haven't eaten too badly,lots of melons and cherrys and of course corn,squash and cucumbers. YUM, YUM !!!

The heat everywhere this year has been so oppressive. I don't remember it staying so hot for such long periods before. I hate being cold, but it is starting to sound kind of good:?: Thank goodness for air conditioning. If you have any of that cleaning energy leftover could you try and send it my way
I need to get started on my basement. I started sorting through pictures and have them laying all over the place. Want to get some sort of boxes for them until I can get them to the people who are in them. Figure I had better do it now while I can still remember who they are:D Some of them my girls won't know or care about and they will just get tossed.
It' almost time for me to head home so had better sign off.Good luck on your project. DONNA

meowee
07-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi gang -- I'm still on the planet -- just so very busy I have absolutely no time to myself. The heat and humidity is still really nasty and the work-project is in full gear. Also having an on-going car problem that they can't seem to get fixed and my cataracts are acting up (finally booked surgery for end of March) and have a really ugly yeast infection that will not let go (combo of the heat and the stress, I guess).

Anyway, things should get a bit better in another couple of weeks when the major portion of the work-project is finished, but I'll try to get here from time to time. Just forgive me if I'm not too regular for a bit -- as the saying goes -- I will return.

Keep on doing the good stuff, gang. :carrot:

hyacinth merry
07-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Not a danged thing new going on with me...just stopping in to say "Hi!" and wish everyone a good day. :hug:

Hy

Donna72664
07-27-2006, 03:36 PM
My it's been quiet here.

LINDA: Sorry things aren't going so well. Hopefully when you get that work
project accomplished the stress level will go down. Car problems
alone can make you think you're crazy. Hang in there things have
to get better.

Not much news from here. Got some much needed rain last night and paying for it today with humidity. At least the temp isn't terribly high but guess it is supposed to be back to 100 by Saturday. Hubby and I want to go fishing
this weekend, may have to go at night.;)

Have to brag just a little: Hubby and I celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary yesterday. Didn't do anything special, but that is ok with me.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Will check back tomorrow.
DONNA

Bobbolink
07-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi...........am I too old to join your club? I just turned 61 this May and need to drop 20-25 pounds. I am a up/down person. I don't have a problem taking it off with help, but I can't keep it off. Help!

luflic
07-28-2006, 07:47 PM
I use to post here and then I took a bad detour regained 25 pounds and now back on track. Would love to post here for the support and accountability if you don't mind me jumping in.

I have had my first granddaughter oh this is a great place in life.

Next Friday my husband and I will have our 35th wedding anniversary.

Bobolink I say you should post here! I think it is wonderful to get all the support one can get.

Sounds like everyone is pretty busy here and not always posting so hope you don't mind if I jump back in ladies.

Bobbolink
07-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Where is everybody? I just joined, any body out there!!!!

Bobbolink
07-28-2006, 08:01 PM
I just joined again, lost all my weight, gained it again. Darn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luflic
07-28-2006, 08:29 PM
I am with you! Lost 36 regained 25 so lets do this together!

Bobbolink
07-29-2006, 09:31 AM
O.K. Neighbor......a good sign! We are neighbors, both from states starting with M, we both have about the same weight to lose and we both suffer from humidity in the summer and freezing winters! One question, I hope you love to cook like me. It would be great to exchange recipes! What kind of a diet are you on? You can call me Bugsy, a name my grandpa gave me since my real name is "June". I hate that name, but he always called me June Bug and the Bug stuck. alas, Bug, Bugs, Bugsy.

hyacinth merry
07-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Have to brag just a little: Hubby and I celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary yesterday. DONNA

:bravo:

Well congratulations Donna to you and your DH - 42 years is quite an accomplishment!

Hy

hyacinth merry
07-29-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi...........am I too old to join your club? I just turned 61 this May and need to drop 20-25 pounds. I am a up/down person. I don't have a problem taking it off with help, but I can't keep it off. Help!

:welcome3:

No Bugsy you are not too old to join our club - lol!

I think most of us here are also working on "re-gained" weight. I lost around 50 pounds several years ago and had done really well at maintaining the loss until last summer. Then I put back on nearly 40 pounds in a very short period of time, probably due to tremendous stress. Several deaths and serious illnesses in the family and all happened all at once.

Honestly I was stunned when I finally realized I was gaining again and decided to put a whoa on the excess weight before it got even worse. Feb 01 of this year I went onto the Atkins diet. I did pretty well and then **I** had a health scare (it never ends, does it???). But despite all of this, I've managed to lose a total of 17 pounds and have kept it off. Still haven't reached my goal weight but I'll get there!

This little group here has really helped me stay focused :hug:

We are very happy to welcome you!

Hy

hyacinth merry
07-29-2006, 12:58 PM
I use to post here and then I took a bad detour regained 25 pounds and now back on track. Would love to post here for the support and accountability if you don't mind me jumping in.

Sounds like everyone is pretty busy here and not always posting so hope you don't mind if I jump back in ladies.

:welcome: to luflic also!

Like I said in the previous post to Bugsey, most of us here have done pretty much the same thing as you are describing - lost weight, maintained and then found the scales slowly creeping back up. What I love about this group here on this thread is that we all have fessed up and are willing to take charge of our own lives - we know all too well the hard work it takes, but we're up for the challenge :carrot:

Yes, please do just jump right in. Some days here are busier than others, sure, but usually there is someone that stops by to say hello or ask a question or report a victory!

Hy

hyacinth merry
07-29-2006, 01:10 PM
ACK!! We have had the crappiest couple days weather-wise. Like a big old soupbowl. I even had a headache yesterday - maybe sinus??? Not used to that kind of thing here in the desert. So my energy level is at JBD, aka Just Barely Dragging - lol!

I also started having cramps in my feet (I know!!???) in the middle of the night, so upped my calcium/magnesium supplements and ate an avocado last night for dinner (I think they are a good potassium source - better check that one out tho). No cramps last night, so that must have been it.

A new month is coming up next week and I have been thinking about what goals I want to set for myself for August. I had set a goal of losing 8 pounds for July and I think I'm going to fall short of that number by 3 pounds :( Still, losing the 5 pounds (so far) for July is something I feel pretty good about.

So for August, I'm thinking about setting a goal for another 5 pound loss. And coming up with an exercise for the month too. I'll let you know what I finally decide to do :-)

In the meantime, wishing everyone a great weekend! Talk to you soon :hug:

Hy

Bobbolink
07-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi, so glad that I get a response every day. I will brag too, B.C. and I have been married 41 years. He retired last September and every one says, "How can you stand him around the house"? Oh! He cooks, he cleans, he vacumes, he's gentle and he loves me..So your probably asking what I do!!!!!!!!!!! Guess why I',m fat! Guess why I don't excercise? I've got all kind of legal excuses, bad feet for one, bad back, I have to ice and exercise three times a day for that. Do I do it. duh?
I need help, support and B.C. sees nothing wrong with me. I see lots wrong with me nand I don't like myself.

Bobbolink
07-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Cramps in your feet!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was the only person who woke up at night with foot or leg cramps
! I hate when that happens!

luflic
07-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Oh Bugsy I love to cook! I have rejoined Weight Watchers.
Merry Thanks for being so welcoming and congratualations on the anniversary. We are celebrating our 34th Friday.

A victory for me yesterday was Bday party for sister n law and the only food I ate there was chicken that I pulled the breading from. I am so proud of me this is a true victory for me. No cake or anything else!!! Only water to drink. Whooo Whooooo.

Bobbolink
07-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Luflic........I was thinking of joining weight watchers again, but maybe I'll do it over line. We live out in the country and I wouldn't want to drive into town everytime I had a meeting, especially in the winter. Maybe I'll check it out today. Anyone else do W.W. at home?

Bobbolink
07-31-2006, 09:49 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slider-cat/lb/155/132/155/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Bobbolink
07-31-2006, 09:51 AM
Help.........I don't remember how to use the weight tracker. How do I get the OOOPs, This image has expired off.

Donna72664
07-31-2006, 10:10 AM
:hug: A BIG WELCOME to Bugsy and Luflic. We are always glad to have new gals and new ideas and recipes.

HY; I hear you about this weather. I almost hate to go out for anything. I have had a headache for couple of days too.
Thought maybe it was the flu, but think it is the heat. I will almost be glad to see cold weather and I really hate it.

You are so right, here we are at the end of another month. Time to try a new approach I guess. I'm doing much better on my eating but I have sluffed off on the exercise this month. July will just be a no loss month. I gained that 2 lbs back but did lose them so I'm back where I was at the first.
Yesterday DH and I came down to my office and used the exercise equipment here (one of the job perks).Just too hot to do anything outside.
Where did our Fairy Fat Mother go to ???? Did Cheryl take her to Oregon with her??? I really have to have her visit me in the month of August. Look forward to hearing your plan for the month of August. Guess I had better work on my own.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

DONNA

hyacinth merry
07-31-2006, 11:40 AM
OK, here it is the last day of July...

My weight loss goal for July was 8 pounds. I have managed to lose 6.5, so fell short of that goal, but really it just gives me a better idea of what I can expect. Of course I'd liked to have reached my goal for the month but I'm looking at each new month as a good time to regroup and decide what is working, what isn't and rechecking to make sure I'm doing things in a healthy manner.

So for August, I'm setting my weight loss goal at losing 5 pounds.

I have to "fine-tune" my plans as to how to achieve my goal loss for August, so I'll post that tommorrow :) (And that means that I don't have any plans yet - LOL!!)

luflic
07-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Bugsy go to the cp at the top and edit signature follow prompts and I do Control C for copy and then put it in with Control V for paste but I have to do it a zillion times before I hit on the right thing so keep at it. Maybe someone else can give you better directions

luflic
07-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Ahhhhiiiiii the weather here is horrible also I guess the entire country. I just got back from dentist and it is bad for me I have asthma and not good outside in this humidity.

Hy eight pounds is a big goal. I really am going to try and not set number goals for myself because I get so depressed when I don't reach them. This has to be a life long change for me and the numbers have to be secondary. I am trying to convince myself of this anyway.

I am on WW so that is my plan. I want to move more. Went to the library today and checked out a Yogalaties tape so now if I will do it. That will be my goal for Aug. to do that in addition to my normal exercise.

Thanks for the encouraging words.

hyacinth merry
08-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Anyway, things should get a bit better in another couple of weeks when the major portion of the work-project is finished, but I'll try to get here from time to time. Just forgive me if I'm not too regular for a bit -- as the saying goes -- I will return.

Meowee I'm running way behind myself, but wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you and hoping all settles down here for you soon AND the yeast infection is gone now!

hyacinth merry
08-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Still doing OK and taking one day at a time :D

The weather here has also been different than what we're used to - much more humidity than we usually have and with cloudy skies...well that gives me headaches, so I haven't exactly been a ball of fire here lately.

My foot cramps stopped now that I got back on track with the calcium/magnesium supplements AND increased my potassium intake. Have had some avocado on a salad or some almonds and those both seem to have added the extra potassium I needed.

Hope everyone has a good day and is having a good week :hug:

Hy

Donna72664
08-02-2006, 10:08 AM
:carrot: woooohoooo!!!! the fairy fat mother finally stopped by and took a 1/2 lb with her. Not much,but it is finally off the mark I've been stuck at.

My goals for August are to lose at least 5 lbs and I will do no less than 15 minutes of treadmill each day and 15 minutes of weights. Now I know that isn't much,but if I start slow maybe by the middle of the month I can bump it up. Just seems that I can't get myself on track for exercise. I just might have to report in to you guys to keep me honest:dizzy:

Meowee:We miss you, hope you are feeling better.I think I'm finally over whatever caused my headaches,at least today I feel human. It is nice and cool this morning,hope it stays that way.

HY:Glad to hear that your foot cramps are easing up.Never thought about low potassium causing that.

Luflic and Bugsy: Where are you. Hope we didn't scare you off already.

Have a great day everyone.I already did my walking so now I better go get my weights done. Talk to you tomorrow.

DONNA

hyacinth merry
08-02-2006, 02:08 PM
:carrot: woooohoooo!!!! the fairy fat mother finally stopped by and took a 1/2 lb with her.

This is EXCELLENT Donna :D And I'm excited that you are excited too!! :hug:

Congrats!
Hy

luflic
08-02-2006, 10:26 PM
hey ladies I am in Ohio my daughter just had her first baby. So i AM HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE BEING GRANDMA I am staying within my points and even went swimming and mall walking today so Yippee Skippe thanks for caring ladies!

Donna72664
08-03-2006, 02:09 PM
:hug: Luflic: Congratulations on your grandbaby!!!

There's nothing greater than being a grandma. You didn't say if it was a boy or girl ?? You are doing great keeping up your exercise and staying within your points. Proud of you.

DONNA

luflic
08-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Thank you so much! I need the pats on the back it makes me stick with it because I would be embarrassed to tell you I goofed. Mind games. She is a girl. Violet Claire. Exercised again and stayed within points so whoo hooo!!

Donna72664
08-04-2006, 12:12 PM
That is a lovely name Luflic. You must be so proud of her. Is this your first grandchild ?

It is day 3 for me on my August plan. I have managed to keep up the exercise plan and my eating plan has gone very well. Just a little afraid what the weekend will bring. Today is my last day to be with you youngsters in your 50's, tomorrow I graduate to sexy 60's. Not sure I'm ready to say that, but I figure it sure beats the alternative.;)

Sure miss hearing from everyone, hope you all have a wonderful weekend,
and get some outdoor exercise without melting.
Keep cool and stay hydrated.

DONNA

luflic
08-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Well Happy Birthday to you Donna! I lost two more pounds this week!!! So excited. That is a huge loss for me two pounds. Know what you mean about being worried with celebrating tonight is our anniversary and tomorrow we celebrate my husbands birthday. Tis the season for us to. Pray I have some self control.

It is our second grandchild the other one is twelve weeks old so we are tickled pink. This is all such a wonderful phase of life!!!

How about you?

Have a great week end all!

Donna72664
08-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Luflic, seems we are the only ones here. Congratulations on your anniversary. We just have to be strong when we eat out. I know I know that I'd like to pig out because we seldom eat out.

:hug: 2 lbs. wow!!! Way to go girl.

I'm an old hand at the grandma game. My oldest is a granddaughter and she is 17,she will be a senior in high school this fall. Her brother is 14 and will be in the 8th grade. My youngest,my youngest daughter's, is a boy that just turned 6 and will be in kindergarten this fall.

Enjoy yours while they are little, they grow up so fast.

Talk to you on Monday

luflic
08-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Ahh we are posting at same time! Thanks for the hugs it will be such a long road for me I need them. So can't wait until I am where you are! You can be my inspiration. Where you going for dinner?

hyacinth merry
08-05-2006, 11:02 AM
tomorrow I graduate to sexy 60's. DONNA

Donna wishing you a very Happy Birthday today!!

I hope you are treated like a queen for the day! :queen: BTW, I agree with you, the whole point of this exercise IS to grow older ;)

Another one of my friends is approaching 60 at the end of this month and I reminded her that we live in a day and age where 60 is now the new 40!!! We are fortunate with all the advances in medicine, diet and lifestyle to look and feel much younger than our age in years might indicate. You are working hard to take good care of yourself and that IS a great gift!!

:woo: Have a wonderful day, Ms. Birthday Girl!!

Hy

hyacinth merry
08-05-2006, 11:12 AM
... tonight is our anniversary and tomorrow we celebrate my husbands birthday.

Luflic Congrats on your anniversary and your DH's B'day today and the new grandbaby too!!! An exciting time for your family. :bravo:

Hy

luflic
08-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Thank you! It is a wonderful time!:gift: :woo: :balloons: :cheers: Happy Birthday to you Donna Sexy Sixty

Cheryl120
08-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi Ladies...Did you miss me? I sure missed you!!! Congrats Luflic on your new grandbaby. Donna, Happy Birthday to YOU!!!! Just a quick check in for now. Been driving for over 12 hours today and I'm tired. Haven't stepped on a scale for 2 weeks, but will do that tomorrow. I'm expecting a gain since my feet have been swollen the whole time I've been gone. Glad to be home and getting back to my regular routine of diet and exercise. Have lots of pictures to share with you and will try to post them tomorrow. Have a good one.

Cheryl

Donna72664
08-07-2006, 09:46 AM
CHERYL: WELCOME HOME !!! Yes we did miss you. Hope you had a wonderful time on your vacation. Sorry to hear that your feet were swelled the whole time. Anxious to hear all about your trip and see the pictures.

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES. Yes I was treated like a queen. It was wonderful. My youngest daughter planned for the whole thing. My oldest daughter was unable to attend, but she called me and never let the cat out of the bag. We went to a local steak house for dinner and there were flowers and balloons waiting then my best friend and her husband showed up, a BIG surprise. Loads of laughter and great fun

LUFLIC: How was your anniversary celebration and your DH's birthday. Isn't
celebrating fun ??

Now Wednesday I have to get on that scale again:( I tried to be good, but it was pretty hard. Just have to walk longer on the treadmill this week.

Have a great day gals. DONNA

luflic
08-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Welcome back from vacation Cheryl details!
Oh Donna your birthday sounds great!
Our oldest daughter and husband are taking us out tonight to a nice Mexican restaurant Abuellos? So hope I don't do too much damage.
Check back in tomorrow

Cheryl120
08-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Hi Ladies....It's good to be back home and sleeping in my own bed. Stepped on the scales this morning and I'm up 4 lbs, not a surprise since I didn't eat at regular times and a lot of eating out. I'll have it off in no time.:D
Had a great time visiting my parents, kids and grandkids, I just wish we would of left one of the FD's home. She was a real pain in the ..., made my trip miserable and stressfull. I won't take her again.
The ocean was beautiful and we had a great time at Cannon Beach. Took lots of pictures of Hay Stack Rock. If you have ever seen the movie "The Goonies", it was filmed there. Also went to Manznita and seaside on the Oregon coast. Hubby went deep sea fishing with our son. It was suppose to be an 8 hour trip and they were back in 3 hours with their limit of fish. Caught Ling Cod and Sea Bass and also set out crabbing nets, so they brought home 8 crabs. We had cod and crab salad for dinner that night. Nothing taste as good as fresh fish!!
Took the girls on a jet boat trip down the Rouge River. Hubby and I have done this before and wanted the girls to experience it as well. It was a blast and felt so good to get cooled off. It was 105, so I didn't mind looking like a drown rat when I got back from the trip. Saw eagle's, ospray's, and blue heron's.
Also took the girls to see Crater Lake, and it was so beautiful. Crystal clear day and Wizard Island just reflected off the water.
My grandchildren are growing up too fast and make me want to move back to Oregon even more, but have to wait till hubby retires at 62. Six years should go by fast, I hope.
The swelling in my feet is down some and I really tried to get my water in today. I was on the go all day with appointments with the FD, get to stay home tomorrow and REST. Haven't had time to get the vacation pictures ready to post, will try to do that tomorrow.

Cheryl

Cheryl120
08-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Afternoon Girls...Happy to say I am down a pound this morning.:D Should be back to where I was when I left on vacation 2 weeks ago by next week. Going to start on a baby quilt for my new grandson due in Oct this afternoon. Also need to think what I'm going to do about christmas that is fast approaching.
Hope you girls are having a good day.

Cheryl

luflic
08-08-2006, 04:44 PM
sounds wonderful. Glad you are down one! Really Christmas will be here before we know it!. What number grandchild is on the way?

Donna72664
08-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Good morning girls,

Oh Cheryl, you do plan ahead. Unfortunately Christmas will be here before you know it. Congrats on losing the pound,knew you could do it !!!! What kind of quilt will you do for this new baby?

Well today was my weigh-in, up 3/4 lb. Could it be the strawberry pie my boss made me for my birthday??? or the alcohol I consumed over the weekend with my daughter??? Guess I had better get with the program,but I really did have fun ;)

Luflic how was the Mexican restaurant? I love that food, oh heck I love all food.

Best get busy,post more later. DONNA

luflic
08-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Oh ladies! I made it thru Red Lobster, I even made it thru my favorite Abuellos great mexican restaurant I had talipia I mean really how good is that. But yesterday the actual birthday we went to a steakhouse that on Tuesdays has 99cent Margueritas. Welp I had two and then caution to the wind had two rolls stopped for ice cream on the way home. Why ... Shows you how a bargain drink can really affect judgement. But the good thing is amazingly I am back on track today. No more margaritias for me.

Cheryl120
08-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Evening Ladies,

Luflic...I'm expecting my 8th grandchild and I think it will be the last in Oct. My grandchildren range in age from 17 to 2 right now. I'm like you, I'm back on track. Had too good of a time eating out while on vacation. Had my WW weigh in today and I was up 3.3 lbs, so right on with my scales. At least you got margaritas at a bargin price. Were they small? Mine where large, with a tequila chaser. I had quite a buzz, but I only drink once a year and decided to enjoy myself.:dizzy:

Donna...I looked at a lot of quilt patterns today and tomorrow I will decide on the pattern for the baby quilt. Today I cut out pieces for my FD's quilt that she is going to make. It's a pieced butterfly quilt and will be very pretty when she gets it done.

Well ladies, not much going on. Wish it would rain, still hot and dry here. Have a good evening and I'll chat with you tomorrow.

Cheryl

hyacinth merry
08-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Oh My I haven't been around much here this week, but glad to see that everyone's doing well :hug:

We have some major projects going on right now and my time has been limited for anything more than attending to that stuff.

Yesterday was the 2nd B'day of the little dog that's pictured in my avatar here on the left :gift: He really is a gift from above - a spunky little sweetie pie!

Cheryl welcome back - your vacation sounded wonderful and I would love to visit that area again too someday.

Hope everyone has been having lots of success with their plans - I think I'm in a stall this week, but hey, that happens and I must keep my eye on the prize and not get discouraged, right? :D

Hy

luflic
08-10-2006, 05:10 PM
That is so right, we will stumble but we won't quit!

Tomorrow is WW for me so we will see how much damage I did. Kicked up exercise and been great for past two days so hopefully fingers crossed I will still see a loss. The margaretias were small for 99cents but I am not a drinker either.

Cheryl120
08-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Morning Ladies...Sorry I didn't get a chance to pop in yesterday, just very busy with the FD's. Woke up this morning and my feet/ankles, look like feet/ankles.:D Didn't step on the scales to see what I weighed this morning and I should of, since I was up and down going to the bathroom all night.

Hy...Happy Birthday to you very cute dog.:hb: :woo: Did you make him a doggie cake or cookie? I make Ozzy his very own cookie for his birthday each year.

Luflic...How did the weigh-in go at WW? We just keep plugging away at it girls, we'll get there.

I'm off to do some cutting out for a quilt and then I need to get a potato salad made for tomorrow. FD's is having here family here for a BBQ. Have a good day and weekend.

Cheryl

hyacinth merry
08-11-2006, 11:35 AM
:cbg:
Hy...Happy Birthday to you very cute dog.:hb: :woo: Did you make him a doggie cake or cookie? I make Ozzy his very own cookie for his birthday each year.

Cheryl

No Cheryl poor little Noodle Pecan did NOT get a cake or a cookie or anything like that!! This weekend I plan to get a Wendy's hamburger for him as his B'day treat (they do the plain). :cbg:

That Ozzy is lucky that he has a mom that bakes for him!

Hey, glad your swelling went down!

Hy

hyacinth merry
08-11-2006, 11:37 AM
That is so right, we will stumble but we won't quit!

luflic absolutely!! Hope your WW meeting went well :carrot:

Hy

luflic
08-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks ladies it did I was down one pound. For me slow I know but that is the way the weight comes off this body. The gal who was on the scale next to me lost 4.75 pounds this week and she is already down 20 pounds amazes me how some can lose so well. I need to be thankful down one moving in right direction.

Hey Wendy burger nice treat! We use to make our dog bacon on his bday but had to put him down.

What pattern did you decide on?

Cheryl120
08-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Afternoon Ladies...Thought I'd better pop in for a visit. Yesterday was a pretty busy day. Had to take one FD to her Aunts for the day and then I made a mad dash to Fargo (90 miles away) to Sams Club and then back home for the other FD's family picnic. Ended up having it in the house since we still have rain. Can't tell you how nice it is to have 70 degrees and a nice refreshing rain to go along with it.:D

Lufic...Congrats on the pound!!! Slow and steady it seems for some of us!! Haven't decided on a pattern for the baby quilt, but will decide today.

Hope the rest of you ladies are having a great weekend.

Cheryl

luflic
08-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Don't you just loove Sams Club! We are back in Ohio visiting the grandbaby for a couple of days. Hope I stay on program. Did get some jogging in the hotel pool which is something I don't do on Sundaay exercise. But I also had bowl of ice cream for dessert one step forward and one back not two.... Progress baby steps anyway

Cheryl120
08-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi Gals...Just poping in for a short visit. Thing are pretty busy with the FD in volleyball and school starting next week. Can't make WW tomorrow since I will be out of town for the afternoon. Have 1.5 pounds to get back to pre-vacation weight.

Lufic...Sure hope you are getting lots of spoiling time in with the new baby. Yes, I just love Sam's and wish they were closer. The pattern for the baby quilt is rails. Hope to spend most of the weekend working on it, or this grandma won't have it done before his arrival.:o

Hope the rest of you gals are doing great. Miss you all!

Cheryl

Donna72664
08-16-2006, 10:55 AM
It's Wednesday, that means it's confession day:( I couldn't get that darn scale to budge one way or the other this morning. Guess that is better than an upward move. Have been foundering myself with sweet corn and a salad of fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers,onions and broccoli with a little lite Ranch dressing.OH YUMMY. Need to go get some fruit today.

Lulflic: How are you doing spoiling that new grandbaby? That is just the best fun. Congrats on the weight loss too. You are doing so well.

Cheryl: You will be busy with the girls starting back to school and trying to get that quilt done. I always enjoy the volleyball season. You will be back to that pre-vacation weight before you know it,especially after chasing your FD's around with all their school activities. How did the picnic go ?
What grade are the girls in ? Good Luck

Sure miss hearing from Hy and Linda and Freda. Hope they at least have time to stop by and read our posts. I'm thinking about all of you, hope you will be back soon.

luflic
08-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Back home so fun snuggling with a newborn. She is great. My daughter is a little too independent and doesn't need me. As it should be I reckon. Help me out what is FD... figure First daughter? Favorite daughter?

It is finally beautiful weather here oh so nice not to hot and humid but perfect.

How long do you have before baby arrives and quilt needs to be done? I would have to start now for next baby ....

hyacinth merry
08-16-2006, 09:43 PM
:wave: It's me Hy just running through, waving!

We have some things going on that have taken us out of the house...I should be able to post later this weekend tho.

I'm staying on my program and doing OK - haven't weighed myself for a couple days but I will tomorrow AM, just to be sure something SCARY hasn't happened -LOL!!!

Hope everyone's having a good week!!

:hug: HY

luflic
08-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Tomorrow is weigh in for me. Hope I lose hate to be tied to the scale but it is so motivating when you see results. Been doing great with exercise. Sure is beautiful weather here hope is great where you are and you are out enjoying it!

hyacinth merry
08-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Help me out what is FD... figure First daughter? Favorite daughter?

luflic not that Cheryl can't tell you herself, but FD is Foster Daughter.

Cheryl is great lady :-)

Hey good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow!! You sounds like you have a great attitude! :hug:

HY

luflic
08-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Thank you for telling me that. Anyone who fosters is a special person.
Yippee Skippeee lost two pounds this week at todays weigh in. Thanks for caring.

Cheryl120
08-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi Ladies...Sorry I've been MIA, just under the weather the last couple of days with a bug. All I have done today is sleep, except for driving the FD to school early this morning.

Hy...Thanks for letting Luflic know what FD stands for. I think your a great lady also!!! Great job for still staying with your program!!

Luflic...Darn our children for not needing us!! Glad you got to start spoiling that new granddaughter. The fun is just beginning.:hug: Congrats on the two pounds gone for good. Great job!!!

Donna...The picnic was nice and three out of the seven siblings showed up. Have to get my map out for the next visit. It will be up by the Canadian boarder in a town I have never heard of.

Never made it back from Bismarck in time to go to WW on Wednesday and I was beginning to not feel well. Thought it was because of the hot weather and I haven't been drinking a lot of water that day. Anyway, hubby and I finally bought a microwave/hood/fan. It will be three years on Thanksgiving that I have been without a microwave. Can't wait for hubby to get it installed. I'm moving up in the world, this one has a button for popcorn, potatoes and frozen meals.
My kids quilt is back from the quilters. Hubby was picking it up today before he goes to work. Can't wait to see what she did on it. I still haven't started the baby quilt. Hope to drag my rear up their tomorrow and get started on it.

Cheryl

luflic
08-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Glad you are feeling better Cheryl. Whoo whhoooo for the microwave. Just had some of that popcorn using the popcorn button you will love that.

Very muggy here today and I have asthma so the humidity is really getting to me.

Thank God for air conditioning.

hyacinth merry
08-20-2006, 11:17 AM
I've been wild for ice cream the past 2 days...not sure where that came from tho???? First, I rarely eat it anyway and second, I was like CRAVING it. Wierd.

Since I'm on Atkins, I went and got some Breyer's carb smart I think it was - vanilla and just had my freakin ice cream -lol!! I'm not going to delude myself however and think that 'low-carb" means it's OK all the time, cause it is NOT. And all in all, I seem to do better having no products using sweeteners and that includes splenda and the like. I haven't had actual suger in like a year, but even the substitutes, like in the ice cream seem to create their own unique craving issue with me. Oh well! I don't miss much of either anyway if I can have a daily portion of fresh or frozen blueberries or raspberries instead.

So this is even more "strangeness" - after my ice cream fix, the next day my skin started to break out....lordy. Well it's all over and the remainder was tossed. I upped my calcium intake via more supplements just to make sure it wasn't my bod craving the calcium.

I've been swimming almost every day and right now the pool is like a big bathtub the water temp is so high :o Actually it's great as I can just walk in and start swimming without having to make myself "get used to it" one millimeter at a time - lol! I take my kitchen timer out and set for 1 hour and just swim laps basically. Also like to use a snorkel and do kicks to make my dogs bark :D

Back to Atkins in the strictest sense tomorrow, Monday AM...and that's OK :)

hyacinth merry
08-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Anyway, hubby and I finally bought a microwave/hood/fan. It will be three years on Thanksgiving that I have been without a microwave. Can't wait for hubby to get it installed. I'm moving up in the world, this one has a button for popcorn, potatoes and frozen meals.
Cheryl

Cheryl congrats on the new microwave :carrot: They sure are handy and I love to use in summer when it's so hot and you don't want to heat up the house by using the stove or oven. I'm sure you will enjoy yours too :D

Hope you are feeling better today and have kicked that nasty old bug to the curb!

hyacinth merry
08-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Yippee Skippeee lost two pounds this week at todays weigh in.

That's awesome luflic !!!:cheer:

Congrats!
Hy

luflic
08-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Hy isn't it wierd when we have cravings. I too do better if I avoid sugar all together. Had my family over tonight for dinner to celebrate my moms b'day and worked in points for a piece of cake. After eating the piece of cake all I wanted to do was eat. Hate that feeling when nothing satisfies. I am with you back on tomorrow strict.

Do you have your own pool? Would love to have a pool.

Donna72664
08-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Good morning gals, I've been away for a time, but am ready to get back to it.

Cheryl: Your bug was probably telling you that you needed to rest after your vacation and then getting ready for school to start. I hate feeling
yukky this time of year tho. Hope you are feeling better now.
Glad you finally got another microwave. They sure are handy to have. I agree with Luflic, you will love that popcorn button.

Luflic: WOW !! 2 pounds. you have really done a great job. You are an inspiration to me. Playing grandma and still sticking to your good eating habits and exercise. When I get to spend time with my grandchildren I just throw caution to the wind and do and eat what they want to. I do try to use good judgement however.

Hy: What's up with the ice cream craving, since you don't eat much anytime? Boy our bodies like to throw us a curve every now and then. I guess I'm lucky, I seldom ever crave anything.

I have really been making myself eat a piece of fruit when I want something sweet. I know there is chocolate in the fridge and cookies in the jar, but I just don't go there. My DH loves sweets, but I don't bake except on special ocassions,poor guy. I guess I'd have to say my weakness is salty stuff.

Well it is Monday and I did a mile on the treadmill when I got to work,then
started a load of laundry.Thought I'd visit with you gals before I go to the
gym and do a little strength training,by the time I finish that the dryer shoud be done and I can get the next load in. Have to go give blood this morning too, then the afternoon is full of patients. My I have a full day:dizzy:

Hope all of you have a great day :hug: DONNA

:dust: FOR GOOD MEASURE

hyacinth merry
08-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Hy ....
Do you have your own pool? Would love to have a pool.

luflic Yes, we do have our own pool. They are very common here where I live - Arizona. It's awfully nice to have and I do love to swim so a great deal for me!

The best thing about our pool is that it's a diving pool so you can tread water and exercise that way. But mainly I swim laps because I just like to!

They are kind of an expense to maintain tho and we are going to have the pool redone this fall - not for cosmetic reasons but for the general wear and tear that happens to all inground pools.

Hy

hyacinth merry
08-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Good morning gals, I've been away for a time, but am ready to get back to it.

Hy: What's up with the ice cream craving, since you don't eat much anytime? Boy our bodies like to throw us a curve every now and then. I guess I'm lucky, I seldom ever crave anything.DONNA

DONNA Welcome back :hug:

Yeah, who knows what was up with that ice cream thing??? I usually don't have "cravings" either so that's why it was such a surprise to me. I mean even before, I probably had one scoop of ice cream a YEAR if that. I just don't eat it.

I did learn from the experience however that it is best for me not to cave into my craving, at least when it comes to SF or any ice cream. I felt funky, my skin broke out overnight and well...you get the picture! I think I eat REALLY well - no prepared stuff, mostly organic, etc so the Cr*p listed on the ingredient label is probably what did it to me.

Live and Learn!! :o

If my DH wants sweets or whatever then he has to go to the store and get them himself. I don't have anything like that in the house period. And I'm sure my DH **DOES** feel very sorry for himself that he's married to an old meanie like me that won't bake him cookies!! Lol!!

It sounds like you are doing great on your program - :carrot:

luflic
08-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Well Donna one can see why you are 148 you are one busy lady! You are an inspiration. Need to get off my bucket even more. Really am trying to exercise more. Even today went into the bank instead of drive thru for the exercise. Of course I had the first parking spot so that negates that hee hee

Hy our bodies are strange. This getting older stuff. I know last night couldn't sleep no reason just wide awake. That always makes for a tougher morning for me.

And Hot flashes do they ever ever just end?/;0

Cheryl120
08-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Hi Ladies...Just popping in to see how you all are doing. I am so busy trying to get the FD's ready for school. Thank God the bus will be here bright and early. Think I will go out and kiss her feet!! LOL I feel much better, but think my body needs a rest from vacation. Hopefully with school starting, I will get back to following my program and exercising. I have had cravings also. What's up with that? I'm eating anything that isn't nailed down, and of course not good for me either. HeHe!!! Be back tomorrow to do personals.

Cheryl

Donna72664
08-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the kind words Luflic. I really am proud of myself, last night DH asked me if I'd like some ice cream. I said sure, I'd like the whole bucket
:rofl:but I'll settle for a plum. He thought I was crazy,Oh well, I felt better about myself for doing it. Now tomorrow when I weigh in we will see how smart I am.

Hy: I'm sorry you had such a reaction to your ice cream but it got your attention. Next time have a plum :dizzy:

Are our bodies trying to get ready for winter with all of this craving stuff???

Need to run, will post more tomorrow or whenever I find time.
Keep up the good work, we are all in this together

hyacinth merry
08-22-2006, 05:30 PM
I don't think I must have explained myself very well with the ice cream "incident"...sorry for the confusion. I don't eat sweets and hardly ever ice cream as I've never been much of a fan of milk products period, even as a small child.

So the entire situation with the sudden, out of the blue ice cream craving was odd (to me), but was not because I normally eat sweets all the time and then just stopped. As far as fruit goes, I have at least blueberries or raspberries every day, but can't have fruits such as peaches, etc. as they create hunger cravings for me.

Hy

luflic
08-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Today got to watch my grandaughter while my daughter had a meeting for work. It is so great. Love this place in life. She is so precious. Know I am making progress I made a pasta dish for dinner with homegrown tomatoes and it was so tasty wanted more but controlled myself. Had a ww fudgecicle spelling but it was so good and now I am stuffed. This is a new feeling for me there was no getting stuffed before. Progress.

Cheryl120
08-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Hi Ladies...Well the first day of school went well for the FD's. With volleyball practice after school, we don't eat dinner till 6:30 or 7, which is late for us. Hubby finally got the microwave installed with my help tonight. can't wait to try out the popcorn button tonight. This morning I cut out one twin size quilt and have one more to cut out before I go to retreat in a couple of weeks. I want to get the stripes sewed together so I can do the final cut before retreat. Then I can just sew, which is fun and relaxing for me. I have a meeting bright and early tomorrow morning and also WW. With all the grazing I've been doing the last couple of days, I know I will be up. I did pretty good today by staying within my points and writting down what I have eaten. Looks like everyone is doing well.

Cheryl

Donna72664
08-23-2006, 10:32 AM
Weigh in day and I'm doing the :dance:happy dance. Finally the FFM has blessed me and taken away 1.25 pounds. Now I will really get busy with my exercises. Seems once I get on a downward trend that's all I need to kick me in gear. I get anxious to see that downward trend continue. I can feel it in my clothes. Am almost anxious to go shop for some fall things now, and believe me that is saying a lot because I really hate shopping especially for clothes. You have to try everything on; even after you find something that fits nice the next thing in the same size might not fit at all.
Life is Good !!!!! Will have to get my tracke updated now
Have to run will post later. DONNA

luflic
08-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah Cheryl enjoy that 94 percent free popcorn! It is so yummy. What kind of retreat you going on.

Donna Whoo HOOOOOO!:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
That deserves the happy dance.

I did not go to WW today I usually go on Friday but I am going back to Ohio in the morning taking my mom to meet little Violet for a few days and to celebrate my mothers birthday. So won't be here for WW didn't want to go today because I didn't know what the scale would say being it is two days early. Not suppose to be about numbers anyway right but about obedience. so trying to prove that to myself I am going to wait until next Friday to weigh/ Not sure if I will have computer access for next few days so know I am thinking of you but loving on the new grandbaby!!!!

Cheryl120
08-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi Ladies...Boy time sure fly's by when your having fun and just plain busy. It seems I'm more busier since school has started than I was before. The last couple of days I have cut out two twin size quilts to start working on. I also cut out the baby quilt yesterday and I got it made in two hours this afternoon. I need to go out and buy the backing and batting and get it off to the quilters. It really turned out cute. I just might get it mailed off to my daughter-in-law before the baby arrives.:D

Donna...Congrats on the fairy fat mother visiting you. Shopping for fall clothes sounds like fun and a small size I know will put a smile on your face.

Luflic...Hope you have a safe trip this weekend. I know you will smother that new granddaughter with lots of hugs and kisses. I'm going to a quilt retreat in three weeks and I can hardly wait.

Cheryl

Cheryl120
08-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Evening Ladies...Thought I would pop in before I go to bed. Had a great time at the lake today. The weather was great, about 80 with no wind. I took the kid's quilt for everyone to see it. They thought it was beautiful and hope they win it.
Thought I would post a few pictures from vacation, the quilts I made my son and daughter and a picture of me. The first picture is of Crater Lake, the second is of Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach, Oregon. Hope you all have a great evening and I'll talk to you tomorrow. Cheryl:hug:

girlieyorkie
08-28-2006, 03:57 AM
Cheryl~ the pictures are beautiful. The quilts are amazingly gorgeous- I wish I have your talent and patience. I'm completely hopeless with hand crafts.

Have a nice day everyone.

luflic
08-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Cheryl that is totally Gods country they are BEAUTIFUL pictures. Wow your quilts are amazing. I have zilch sewing ability. They are great. So glad you shared.

Home from Ohio and today I am back on track. I think I need to keep my bucket home for awhile. I am sabotoging myself.

Have a great day ladies!

Cheryl120
08-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Hi Ladies...It's been one very long day for me. Hubby hurt his back on Saturday and it has gradually gotten worse over the weekend. This morning he got up and said let go to the doctor. It was suppose to be a 30 minute wait and ended up being 1 1/2 hours before he saw the doctor. Got done at 1 pm and had to make a mad dash home and drop him off and get to school to pick up the FD and make a dash back to town for her appointment. Anyway, hubby is sleeping due to some heavy painkillers and he is off work for the next week and has therapy twice this week to get his back in shape.

Thanks for the compliments on the quilts and pictures. Yes, Oregon is God's country and I can't wait to move back. It will be about 6 years if we wait till hubby turns 62, but hubby wants to go in the next couple of years, which is fine with me. Miss my family and grandkids so much!!!!

Girlieyorkie...Nice to have you pop in for a visit. Miss hearing from you. Hope you had a nice summer in Denmark.

Luflic...Glad you made it home safe from Ohio. How was that new granddaughter doing?

Well, I need to get a few things done before I go to bed. See you ladies tomorrow.

Cheryl

Donna72664
08-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi ladies, it is an absolutely beautiful day here in central Nebraska. It was 50 this morning when I went for breakfast with friends. It is now almost 1:30 and still only 68 and the sun is shining. MORE, MORE.

CHERYL: Thanks for putting your pictures on. What a beautiful place Oregon is. No wonder you want to move back, it looks so relaxing there. And the gals are right, your quilts are gorgeous. I envy gals that have that kind of talent. I'm with Luflic when it comes to sewing. I always say my sewing machine starts screaming and trying to hide if I even look at it.
Sorry to hear your hubby hurt his back. Hope he will feel better soon. If he's getting physical therapy, I know he will.;) ( I work for a PT)

LUFLIC: Bet it was hard to leave that new grandbaby and come home. I want to go see my little grandson so badly. He started kindergarten this year. Told his mom he didn't like all the rules there because he liked to visit with his friends.

GIRLIEYORKIE: Stop by more often, it's always nice to have more to talk to.

EEEEKKKKK:eek: We are in the last week of August and I'm nowhere near where I had hoped to be by the end of the month. Someone needs to give me a good swift kick in the seat of the pants and get me going again. Seems like it doesn't matter what I say I'll do, I don't get it done. My granddaughter informed me last week that there are only 38 weeks until graduation. Right now that sounds like plenty of time to get where I want to be, but as fast as time goes by anymore it might as well be 8 weeks.
Lord I have to get there before that!!!!! ALL HELP APPRECIATED
Enough whinning, time to go to work. Have a great day everyone.

PS; I can't seem to get my tracker changed, any ideas ?

luflic
08-29-2006, 02:41 PM
It is humid here in Michigan and kicking up my asthma big time. Trying to lay low today.

So you have grandchildren out of state also? It is hard....

Tracker when you hit edit signature scroll down to where the numbers are and simply replace the numbers there with correct numbers then hit save signature and should change it for you. Is this as clear as mud :)

Hope hubbys back is better today.

Cheryl120
08-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Afternoon Ladies...Thought I would pop in before we leave for the FD's first vollyball game. Have about a two hour drive to get there. The FD is on C squad, so she only has four games she will be playing in. I'm pretty happy about that, less traveling for me with the price of gas.:D

Donna...Yes hubby is starting theapy tomorrow. Hopefully this will do the trick. Here's a swift:kickbutt: for you and me both!!! Yikes!!!! 38 weeks till graduation, I need to get my butt in gear as well. My gradndaughter graduates also and I really want lots of fat gone by then.

Luflic...Yes all of my grandchildren are out in Oregon and it if very hard. The new baby will be 9 months old before we get to see him if they come out for a visit to North Dakota, but they have been saying that for the last 6 years!! We try to go out every two years.

It's a beautiful day here, 80 and a slight breeze. Have a good one and I'll talk to you later.

Cheryl

girlieyorkie
08-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Hi everyone~
Cheryl~ I've been off the wagon for some time because I wasn't losing weight and got very frustrated so I reverted to my old habits (not exercising, eating everything in sight-you get the picture:devil: ), then I started to gain back the weight that I've lost- a total of 5lbs. (147):( - my wake up call. I don't want to gain all the weight back and then some, so I've been back on the wagon for almost 3 weeks now and I've only lost 3 lbs.- still 2 lbs. to go before I'm back on track.:mad: I really need to learn to be patient- that's my downfall.:(
We have had a very warm summer in Denmark, it was so warm that there were days where there wasn't enough oxygen in the ocean that some cholera type bacteria (very unusual because cholera prevails only in the tropics) developed and was dangerous to go bathe if you have an open sore- I did not want to take the chance, so I avoided the water. During our morning walks the beach was full of dead shrimps, small fishes and crabs, when we went for our afternoon walk all the shrimps and crabs have turned orange (boiled by the sun) and when there were no people at the beach, there were literally hundreds of seagulls feeding on these gourmet. On our evening/night walks (there is sun light till 10PM in Denamrk during summer) the beach was completely clean, thanks to the seagulls- I don't feel good looking at dead sea creatures on the beach.
The weather now is better at about 60- I like it that way, good for those seemingly unending hot flashes.
Hope your DH feels better.
Donna~ I'm nowhere near where I had hoped to be by the end of the month either, I have hoped that I would have lost the 5 lbs. that I've gained, but I think that there must be some extra calories sneaking in- so I need to work harder on my portions, I'm eating clean food- just way too much I guess.
Have a great day everyone.

Donna72664
08-30-2006, 11:23 AM
GOOD MORNING

Girlieyorkie: I didn't mean to steal your signature, but I needed something new and that is cute. I hope it will brighten my spirit and get me going.

Luflic: Thanks on telling me how to change my tracker. I just decided to change the whole darn thing. Sometimes change is good.

Cheryl: Thanks for the kick,here's one right back to you:kickbutt: NOW let's get busy and get ready for graduation. We want these girls to be as proud of us as we are of them. We have a common goal now so let's really push each other to get to our goal for May. :hug: Thanks a million.

Today was my weigh-in and I maintained,which is what I expected.Hope this long weekend doesn't screw everything up. I just have to really keep reminding myself before I open my mouth and insert food, that I do have a goal and I need to meet it. Hopefully if I get to visit my grandson he will keep me running and I might even get in a little exercise. Hope to post at least one more time this week. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU .
Have a great day and remember,Food never tastes as good as thin looks !!!

luflic
08-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Ok Donna and Yorkie you girls are good motivation for me here you guys are getting tough and weigh in the 140's ahhhhh to be like you! Hope you rub off on me.

Hope husbands therapy went well.

Denmark has always fascinated me I like that you describe life there. Very intriguing.

Today went to lunch with a friend and had a donut at Tim Hortons why do I do this..... I need to say no. I am with you on the holiday weekend with cookouts this week end hope I can say no... Yeah right.

Cheryl120
08-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Evening Girls...Went to Weight Watchers today. Almost didn't step on the scales today. I was seriously thinking about using my free pass, but decided against it. Only hurting myself by not facing reality. I'm up 2 lbs, for a total of 5 since I got back from vacation.:( I decided to change from counting points to the core plan. Didn't make good choices for breakfast or lunch, but got my act together for dinner. Had a veggie burger, saute broccoli/mushrooms using cooking spray and a cup of grapes. I was very satisfied, so maybe the core plan is for me.:D

Elyn...Sorry to hear you had such a warm summer and all the dead sea life to deal with.:( Sounds like the effects of global warming. We were very warm and no rain. I was so happy to wake up to 50 degrees this morning. Sure felt like fall is just around the corner.

Donna...Congrats on maintaining and thanks for the kick in the rear!! Are you counting points or doing the core? Yes we can do this.

Luflic...Hubby's therapy went well today. He can almost stand up straight tonight, which is great! Luflic, plan for the weekend cookout so your not tempted. You can do this!!!

Well ladies, it was another busy day spent in town and tormorrow looks the same. Having my teeth cleaned in the morning :D and also a meeting with the High School principal about one of the FD's. I can't wait for the weekend to get here so I can just stay HOME. Chit chat with you tomorrow.:hug:

Cheryl

luflic
08-31-2006, 01:50 PM
You are so right we can do this. Tomorrow is weigh in and want to be down. Today I am back on program so far anyway.

Babysitting my precious grandaughter and she is napping. So I got my exercise today :)

The weather is perfect right now here also! Yippee Skippee

Donna72664
08-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Have afew free minutes so thought I'd jump in here.

Cheryl: I don't belong to an organized weight loss group. I belonged to TOPS for several years and did well with them but our group had to disband for lack of membership. I've probably tried darn near every diet out there. I read constantly to try and keep up on the latest ideas. I guess I just take a little information from all of them and do what works best for me. From my past experience I do know that I am someone who really needs to kick the exercise into high gear. My eating isn't all that bad, but like everyone else I like to eat and I don't say "NO" often enough especially in social settings.
I guess the latest diet or food plan that has worked best for me is the
Reader's Digest,"Change One". It is easy to follow and you don't need to do a lot of calorie counting or measuring. I got the book at the library and just
wrote out what I needed, the main idea and started. Sometimes I think that a group of gals is better because of the support system, but I'm not really a joiner. You gals here have really done a great job of giving me support and making me feel like I can do it this time. THANK YOU

Luflic: It is great to be at 147,but I'm only 5'2", so I really should be closer to 120. However I'm not sure I would feel good being that low. My doctor has told me that she would be happy if I could even get to 135.
You keep working as hard as you have been and you will get to your goal weight, you'll see. The scale is only a number, we have to feel good about ourselves and we have to feel healthy, that's what is really important.

I have lots of little messages to keep us pumped up so maybe I will try and add one to each of my posts. Who knows maybe it will help someone on that particular day.

"Drinking water gives you pretty skin"

Have a great day everyone:hug:

Cheryl120
09-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Morning Ladies...Starting a new thread for Sept/Oct. See you over there!

Cheryl:hug:

code red
09-01-2006, 12:16 PM
hello. I am new to the site. However, I am also a shell shocked, wounded, PTSD survivor of a lifelong weight battle. I am eating a portion controlled healthy choice diet. I am also walking. I do not see this as a diet with a beginning and an end. I am seeking a way to live a healthy life with weight loss as a by-product. They say it can be done. I keep repeating to myself-"I believe".