Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-01-2006, 10:05 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking WLS July Chat

Happy 4th Of July & Canada Day
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:02 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Me and DD went swimming yesterday for 2 hours.. hope that counts as exercise LOL. Then we had a big ol grilled burger (hold the bread) and went food shopping. Neighbors had a great fireworks show (which is illegal in nj LOL).

Today is cleaning (a wee bit) then in the pool whoot! I hate exercise but swimming is so enjoyable to me. I jog the pool and then use my floatie thingy weights. Wish it was warm all year round.

What about you all, watcha up to today?
Old 07-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

LOVE water aerobics, even if i look like a fool doing them

today - challenging, but then again, so many days are. the alzheimer's mom has taken a major nosedive. she won't use silverware, everything has to be finger food. and a major first. i had to give her a shower this morning. she couldn't figure out how to wash herself. very very sad.

and did errands/laundry, etc. when i came back from the grocery store, she wasn't around, her cane and purse were in the living room, and the door wasn't locked. i called my sister, and found out that she had mom. turned out that mom got back from church [someone drove her home] and she didn't know where she was! and begged sis to come and get her. so sis did.

went over and picked mom up after i put the groceries away, and she was still apprehensive, and clueless. i plunked her in front of the television, and put her favorite movie on [hoosiers]. it took her a little while to get into it, but when i wandered through after about 30 minutes, and asked her how HICKORY was doing, she grinned and said they were doing well, and might go all the way1!! whew!

went out to dinner with her, and she ate almost nothing.

so, that's how my day went! tomorrow, she goes off to day care, and I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO WORK1!!! after getting nails done, and a quick trip to the doc office [to document yet another rip-roaring yeast infection under the pannus], i'm thinking about going to sandy hook!!!! a BEACH DAY!!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:15 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Jiff, sorry about Mom alzh is an awful disease to live thru, not only for the person who has it but the family suffers as well.

I hope you get to enjoy your day down the shore, although I give you credit for going on a holiday weekend. As soon as DH has the stairs in (on the deck and pool) I hope you'll come spend the day with us. Right now we are getting in via ladder and it ain't pretty LOL. Poor thing is working like an animal so I can't push him any more ya know LOLOL !!!

Nothing new today, just hanging out nursing my cold. Other than that nodda..

Whats happening w/you all ???? come out kids and play, where are yah?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Leenie you gave me a cyber cold I'm swilling triaminic (if I take anything stronger than kids medicine i pass out) and I'm on the 6-12 year old dose!
I'm also at work
tommorow is our 2 year anniversary We redid our bathroom this weekend new shower curtain rug towels what not DH's idea and I can't stop him when he decides to shop
we also reorganized our room and put a Kierie friendly closet organizer in
so I can actually reach my closet rod woohooo!
Tonight we're going to watch fireworks at the fire house and tomorow we're going to watch fireworks then watch public servants light them off not so legally after
Jiffy- enjoy your manicure and I'm totally jealous that you're at Sandy Hook!!
Hopefully my Mom is coming down From PA on Friday! I took the day off just in case
gotta run
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:01 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

<sigh> sad to say - no trip to sandy hook today. had to run mom to daycare because the transport people had a broken down van. then to pick up a new pair of compression stockings, andsince the store is open only 9-5 weekdays and saturdays, this seemed like the right time to do it.

then a manicure. a visit with a dear, dear, friend, followed by a pedicure. so, all in all, not too bad. in between bouts of laundry.

unfortunately - i guess - i'm finally relaxing, and am EXHAUSTED!!!!! just want to sleep and be left alone. oh well. life goes on.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #7  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

hi ya'll. really struggling. have no restriction - can eat anything so i'm having to use willpower alone. a little worried because i have 3.6 cc's in my band and i really thought i was going to feel restriction longer than a week. any words of wisdom would be great.

jiffy - my heart hurts for you and your mom. ya'll are in my prayers.
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:20 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey girls, whats shakin?

Jiffy how are things?

Angela is it your birthday today? if so Happy Birthday Don't worry about the restriction, it will come with more fills. I think its wise that doctors go slow with them and gradually give fills rather then POOF! your gagging and puking. Slow is good.

Nothing new here SOSDD... just gonna reapply some sun screen and head on out again.

Old 07-16-2006, 10:18 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

truth: I DON'T KNOW WHICH END IS UP!!!!!!

Today: 5 loads of laundry, trip to the drugstore [actually two - one to mom's and one to mine], got mom up, fed, showered, dressed, delivered to church, with pan of killer triple chocolate brownies. freelance project. hiked with the dog [briefly]. grocery store trip. emptied dishwasher with mom. out to dinner. and THEN, to top it all off, mowed the front lawn starting at 8:30 pm - yes, it was dark by the time i finished.

i spent part of the morning in tears, because by 8 am, i KNEW that there was not a snowball's chance in he// that i'd actually get everything done today.

sooooo, that's my life! but i've promised myself that the $$$ from the freelance project is going to a day or two at a spa, preferably an overnight one. body wrap, facial, reflexology, pedicure. it's on my list. any recommendations?

ok. i'll stop complaining now.

oh. wait. and last night i roasted veggies, because i didn't want to heat up the kitchen today. summer squash, lots of green beans, tiny little baby beets. should give me a head start on the week.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:16 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Awww hang in there Jiffy If your up to it, we can do dinner one night.
I never get everything done either and it used to tear me up inside... I'm now learning that i have to let things go... yes the house is messy and I have piles of clean laundry in my living room to fold.. along with toys every where. I just can't do it all and life is to short to not to enjoy some of it. So if you walk into my house just close your eyes....its not how I want it to be....its the way its going to be (for now lol)

Nothing is new today, SOSDD!!! I'm just trying to be good with my decisions on food... thats all

Where's the rest of the goils?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:21 AM   #11  
Old Cackler

oh wait. i forgot one more thing: gave the dog a bath. she'd found some particularly FRAGRANT mud while hiking on friday - blecccch!!!!!

as for the rest of the goils, i'm hoping that they're on vacation!!!! what a lovely idea!!1

and so does dinner together.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:44 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Howdie girls,

Well TOM is here and the scale stayed the same...... hmmm thats a little nerve wracking since everytime I have aunt flo visit it usually goes up LOL.

Jiffy.... dinner next week? wanna come swimming...a dog on the grill ? waddaah think?

Come out girls and play
Old 07-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #13  
Angela

Hey chicas!

No, my birthday isn't until August, but I'll take early wishes! I've been struggling with eating, not feeling any restriction, depressed, oh my God depressed. Going to doc today to see if I can get a med change. Anyway, talk to ya'll later!
Old 07-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Angela, sorry your feeling down, I was the same way when I had 0 restriction. Trust me, after a few fills you WILL have it, I promise. It just takes a while to get to that point but it will come. Hang in there !! I'm glad your going to your doctor

BTW, when in august is your Birthday? mines the 7th and my dd is the 22nd.... leo's roar ~~~~~~~~

Nothing new today, sosdd. My eating is wacky, TOM is here I want goodies. My restriction is strange, some days one bite and OOOPS and other days.. things slide right down. LOL I'm not complaining really, just stating its so weird.

Well gotta run... TTYL
Old 07-19-2006, 03:43 PM   #15  
Angela

I'm August 16th. We have so many friends with birthdays in August that we started having an August Birthday party. It's alot of fun!