Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 07:37 AM   #1  

Default help...

Hi all,
I have been placed on a 35 grams of fat and 1400 calories a day diet to treat pancreatitus. My question is how many points would that allow me daily? I have done ww before and have the info, but dont know what range that would put me in. Can anyone help????
Tara
Old 07-31-2006, 08:42 AM   #2  
wanna be loser

S/C/G: 200

Height: 5 ft 4

I am no expert with WW but am an expert with your situation! I had gallbladder disease during my 2nd pregnancy and had to be on as close to FAT FREE diet as I could get. Like gallbladder symptoms, pancreatitis can cause some severe flare ups of pain...triggered by stress, alcohol consumption and eating fatty foods.

35 g's of fat is liberal really, I had to eat less than 20. Closer to 10! On WW, if you avoid the sugary goodies like cakes that are low fat, and ice creams and such (things with no labels) you will be fine. As for how many points can you have on your restrictions?? Do you have the book at home? How many points are you supposed to consume now? I am at 26 pts. I keep my fat intake to about 15 G's a day. Calories are about 1200 or less. Don;t focus on just the points right now, focus on the FAT and CAlS. Eat lean meats, veggies and fruits....more so than the white starchy things. Eat whole weats and grains....and avoid processed goodies that say low fat. Laughing cow ice cream sandwiches are 2 pts a piece 2 gs of fat
140 cals! They are good..and u can count them by label. I avoid anything I can't see on a label except fruits and veggies!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:42 PM   #3  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I had pancreatitis so bad I had to be hospitalized til the infection went away. 8 days on iv and then gallbladder removal. Avoid things that are hard to digest. Dairy was a huge trigger for me. One point is roughly 50 calories unless you are doing lots of fiber. Hugs, I feel your pain.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #4  
Back on Program!

you can use the calorie-count.com website to track your calories, read the labels of everything to count your fat grams. Doing WW points may not be in your best interest right now--I think you should switch to calorie counting to keep it simple and follow your doctor's reccomendations.
Pancreatitis can become VERY serious and life-threatening, so please treat this very seriously and take care of yourself! Hope you feel better and everything goes well for you.
Closed Thread