South Beach Diet - The Very Long Weekend Thread!

View Full Version : The Very Long Weekend Thread!

Ruthxxx
07-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Since it'a a four day weekend for some of our American chicks and a three day one for Canadians, this thread may be short or long, depending on how much we cluck!

Last night was a great clear night so I put out the cushions just to give myself one less thing to do this morning. Of course it rained! :( The sun is a blazin' right now so stuff should dry out before my company arrives.

The Hyper Pypers arrive at noon with two teens, a wired dog who is Lucy's littermate and their big boat. We are off to a BBQ on Big Rideau Lake at a $2.5M "cottage", which I am dying to see! After that we go out in the boat to see the fireworks display - an annual event which involves birthday toasts in champagne. I am very glad I'm not the designated driver! Seeing the fireworks reflected in the lake is just magical!

Right now I need to do a bit of a scurry to get organized for company. I confess that I still have stuff piled on the guest room bed so that had better go. The Pypers are bringing a tent but I think just the kids will be sleeping there. This family is very casual so we'll play it by ear. When they are here, I have so much fun that I am able to ditch my control freak tendencies!

What's happening on your homefront this Canada Day and July 4th Weekend? :cofdate:

Schatzi
07-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Happy Canada Day!!! to all our Nawthin' Friends...!

Ruth- How I wish I could be on that "boot" to see the fireworks, it does indeed sound breathtaking! I wish I could say we had something spectacular planned, but DH is on call the whole holiday... Which is ok-- the extra $$$ will be well worth it. We have some local BBQs planned...

This morn I'm heading out to get some weeding done before it gets to blasted hot! :flame: Another cuppa cawfee, and I'll be raring to go!

Kiko
07-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Morning Schatzi and Ruth! :)

Ruth That sounds like so much fun- enjoy!

Schatzi We are laying low as well since DH has to work. We have something planned for Monday, and then probably hanging at my mom's pool on Tuesday. Since we leave for NY on Thrusday we are trying to keep money spending at a minimum.

Staying close to home today- more laundry and just keeping up with the place. I am going to start going through our garage to begin a corner of things we can sell in a garage sale. I have never had one before or even bought anything at one, so am not sure how to price things.

Have a good day all.....

Misti in Seattle
07-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Since it'a a four day weekend for our American chicks

For what it's worth it's NOT a four day weekend for most of us American chicks unless we take a vacation day on Monday, which I am doing. For most of us Monday is a work day; Tuesday the holiday. ;)

Ruthxxx
07-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks, Misti. I knew that but also noticed lots of folks booked Monday as a holiday. Enjoy your time off.

MsCrockett
07-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Good Morning ladies..

Looks like the weekend is a long one huh? I dont have much plans for this weekend, Next weekend is the eventfull days...We are having a ride on out property the POWDERPUFF RIDE!

Misti in Seattle
07-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks, Misti. I knew that but also noticed lots of folks booked Monday as a holiday. Enjoy your time off.

That's true!!! A lot of us did!! I was fortunate to be one of them, kind of at the last minute. I hadn't planned to waste the vacation day and was surprised only one other person in my dept (out of five of us) had booked the day off so I was able to get it late!!! :)

weezle
07-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Holiday? What holiday?

I worked Friday, work Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday. :p

ErialRose
07-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Happy 4th of July to everyone!:hug: I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend/holiday! I just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone! It's been a while with a hectic workweek and just trying to stay on plan. I can't believe it! I am actually losing inches! I am doing alot better than I thought I would and hope to step it up a notch by beginning to daily walks (of course wheeling for me) at the local park. I think that should help speed up my metabolism a bit being that the only exercise I am able to get is from wheeling. My 18 yr old has said he will join me in this effort. So, wish me luck :D !
Enough about me, what is everyone up to this wonderful weekend? I just want to thank everyone for this really supportive place. I believe this is making the difference this time on my journey to lose! THANKS THANKS THANKS! I cant say it enuff :D

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!;)

Kaeurl
07-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Can I celebrate both Canada day AND the fourth? I was born in Montreal...but have lived in the states since I was a wee one. :) I've actually got Monday off as our bosses decided to just be nice this year! WOOHOO!!

We don't have much planned... I do want to lay out in the sun a bit with a good read. I used to be a sun worshiper as a teen, (grew up in so. cal)... but I gave it up in my 20's. I'm very fair skinned...but lately I've been feeling "pasty" and need a little color. I'll be off to the store in a bit to get some new sunscreen, and to the library for a book!

Last night, I picked up an old cross stitch project that I had put away a few years ago, and got hooked (again). I find it very relaxing, but never really make the time for it, so I plan on doing some of that as well!

We're not sure what we're doing for the Fourth yet. DD really doesn't care too much for fireworks...they sort of scare her, so we're still trying to figure it out.

Went to Farmers' market yesterday during my lunch hour and picked up lots of yummy squash and peppers and onions, so DH will have to fire up the grill this evening. YUM!!!!

Ruth, that boat ride/view sounds amazing!!

Kiko -- have fun with the garage sale prep!! I've only had one, and I recruited my girlfriend who is VERY outgoing to be there to do the haggling with people. She lives for that kind of stuff, and to me, I was dreading it!! LOL

Hope everyone has a great day!

Carol

cottagebythesea
07-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Yeay, now I have 4 brand new tires on my car! I'd better not get any more flats, I've had way more than my share of them in the past 2 years!
Happy Canada Day, Ruth, it sounds like you're going to have a fun-packed day!
Schatzi ~ Enjoy your weeding, I'm going out there as soon as Jake is finished mowing to deadhead my plants and see what else needs to be done.
Hi, Crockett, Weezle, and Erial Rose:wave: you too, Misti!
Kiko ~ Garage sales are a lot of work, but also a lot of fun! We usually have a neighborhood wide garage sale every year, and I always look forward to it. Remember to price your items to go, and you'll take a big loss on them, but it all adds up surprisingly. Have fun!

Gotta run before Jake finds out I'm just sitting here loafing around! :D Monica and Carley are coming out later today and we're BBQing on the grill. Caitlyn comes home Thursday, and I can't wait to see her again! I really, really miss her, but she's having a blast in France!

cottagebythesea
07-01-2006, 11:02 AM
:yikes: Yikes, Kaeurl, how did I miss you? Hi! :wave:

Kaeurl
07-01-2006, 11:51 AM
:wave: :wave:

Mudlucious
07-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Well this long weekend I have to deep clean my house, do laundry and hopefully go grocery shopping. On the 4th we are going to a thing with skydivers, a circus, and of course fireworks.

My house as it is in chaos. I've had some friends/neighbors staying with me since Tuesday night. Most of the chaos was caused by the little girl, since my house isn't exactly child proof as I don't have any kids yet. Plus she's decided twice to take her diaper off and use my carpet as a potty, it wasn't pee. I love helping them out and having them over, but it will be nice to have a break from chaos.

Monday I start back up on my walkimg program; and get back on track with south beach.

Luc's mom
07-01-2006, 12:17 PM
It's so nice to have Canadian neighbors, aye?! We get fireworks tonight & Tuesday...Happy Canada Day to you all!
Taking the kids to pick strawberries & then make homemade sf jam. :stir:
Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

Kiko
07-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Crock How are the fellas coming along with plans for next weekend? If they operate like my DH and some others I know- there are no plans yet! :lol:
WTG on your 10 pound loss this month- you are rocking and rolling!!

Weezle My DH is just like you- no days off. He is actually going to have 11 days off starting on Thursday. He never takes time off from work- they arranged his 2 days off a week around 5 vacation days, so he wound up with a good bit of time off.

Cottage More family time.... :) My mom has been gone since Tuesday and we are missing her badly! She, my dad, and my brother drove to Ohio for a family wedding. DH and I were being a bit selfish and decided to take a mini-trip by ourselves. When you say price the items to go, do you essentially mean start cheap so people will buy??

Kauerl Thanks for reminding me of cross stitching. That is something I love to do, just don't anymore. It could definitely keep me occupied and out of the kitchen in the evenings!!

Went to Walmart, home for some lunch and laundry. We are now going to walk to the park. It is pretty darn hot, but big DD is going stir crazy! :dizzy: Chicken skewers, steamed zuchinni, and a pasta side (for the kiddos) for dinner tonight......

MsCrockett
07-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Kiko~~ I Am Thinkin As You, I Dont Or Have Not Heard Of One Plan.. I Am Stressen Quietly That This Event Is Going To Flop.. But You Never Know.. I Do Hope It Is A Good One. This Is Our First Ever Powderpuff Ride. So There Will Be Problems I Am Sure.. Shew.. Talk About An Eventfull Meeting Afterwards,, I May End Up Having To Use My President Of Amos Run Hunting Club Status (((( Should Be Fun)))))

Barb0522
07-01-2006, 05:32 PM
My team leader is taking Monday off as vacation so I'll be working and will be very busy as the only one there. My manager is also off all next week. I'm also primary on call. Plenty of excitement for me. I didn't get to bed until 1:30 this morning as I was working last night but at least we got to go to the minor league baseball game with the scouts which was a lot of fun.

Brian's running a bit of a fever today. He is acting okay but he did sleep late today which is unusual for him. So we may be taking it easy. I spent about an hour outside mowing in the heat so that sounds good to me.

We decided to combine DH's 50th birthday (on the 8th) with Brian's 9th (on the 16th) and have a party on the 15th at the park where we had Twilight Camp. I have the pavillion reserved and just need to put together the invitation and get it out to everyone. Brian named over 20 friends and siblings that he wants to invite and then DH came up with about 6 more (other than the parents of Brian's friends) so it will be a big group. Brian thinks the games I came up with for camp were so much fun that he wants his friends to play them. I do need to figure out what to do about party favors for 9 year olds. I just hate to use the junk that is in most party favor bags. There has to be something better.

beach bum
07-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Good Evening Ladies :)

Gee! I never posted here this late. We were busy all afternoon. We picked up our car,and it looks like a brand new car that they just took off the assembly line. Very pleased with the repair shope they did an excellent job.

Than this afternoon I walked 1 hr around trip to our village where they we're having they annual book sale at the public library. I picked up 4 books from Dean Koontz,and on the way back there was a summer fair at one of the churches I picked up some nice jewlery. One neckless,pin and earring.

Have a good evening I see you tomorrow.

Hugs :) BB

soon2Bfab
07-02-2006, 12:23 AM
I'm with weezle - what holiday? My boss really stuck it to me....Friday I worked 8am - 3 pm without a break. Instead of letting me work 1 more hour & going home early, I got to take a break & then work for a hour....gee thanks. I was off Sat, but I work Sun (10 - 7), Monday 8-5, Tuesday 10-7, and then I'm off weds, thur, fri, but I work Sat & Sun again. I would think I would get 1 weekend off, guess he doesn't feel that way - what an ***.
I'm going to bed....see ya later

Schatzi
07-02-2006, 07:32 AM
/Tis a Beeeeautiful Morn here! :dance:

Kiko: Great idea about starting to pile stuff up for a garage sale... They actually can be a lot of fun to run, and you usually end up shaking yer head :no: saying "I got all this money fer junk and stuff I don't need or want anyway! " Cottage is right..:yes: price it to goooooo - cuz that's the real objective..and "package" stuff, like 5 books for $1... or the box of books for 2 bucks ...
Crocky - What's a Powderpuff ride? :moped: Is this gonna be on your big farm/camp?? AND A BIG CONGRATS ON YER 10 LB LOSS THIS MONTH :cp: !!!

Weezle -- At least you've cut down to what :chin: 2 or 3 jobs now? :lol:

Erial -- How thoughtful of DS to join you on yer walks... sometimes buddies make all the difference and with your children another bonding time!

Kaerul- I :love: to cross stitch - and it's almost time fer me to pick mine up again too. I still haven't mastered counted cross.. frustrates me to death and it ends up as a big rat's nest... Crewel and embroidery are the ones that I seem to do best at...

Mudlucious - how nice of you to open yer home up.. :hug: Baby's name is what :chin: WhoFlungPoo? :lol:

Lucsmom: Homemade jam??? DELISH!!!!! Enjoy yer pickin!!!!

Barb: Sounds like the party is going to be a BLAST!!!!!

BB: :cp: on getting yer car back!!!! I use to read a lot of Koontz... haven't pick any up in a loooong time, which ones ?? Glad you treated yerself to some new jewlery!

Soon: Why I outta :rollpin: :boxing: that boss!!!! Just think of it as payin yer dues as you climb that management ladder.. I know , it's still pretty crappy...

Well, DH and I weeded, mowed, trimmed, deadheaded yesterday..and I gotta tell ya.. Most folks here are really into their yards and have weed fabric and mulch...but since this is a rental, and we've already put $$ into the yard, DH said :no: to anymore...BUT I did get this stuff called Preen at Costco.. That stuff is AMAZING! I weeded prior to the GREAT 12 days of rain, and in this heat and humidity I woulda been facing a jungle, but that stuff really works! Then our "quarterly" trip to Costco to buy all our meats, paper products, cleaning products... We call it the $400 club, cause that's around what we always end up spending.. I then take all the porkchops, chicken, meats and use my Foodsaver... Its one of those Vacuum thingies.. I love it! I'll dump some marinade in some, and this way it marinades while freezing and thawing...We ended up making Chicken Kabobs on the grill... Today... not much planned... some steaks on the barbie .....Right now I think I'll take my mug a cawfee :coffee: and crossword puzzle :write: and enjoy the morn out on the deck!!! LATER TATERS!!!

beach bum
07-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Going to church in our beautiful car,don't have to worry if I'm going stall or buckle that I did in the rental.

Going for brunch after church and than start reading the books I pich up from the book fair.

Schatzi-Read Dean Koontz's Watchers,Dragon Tears,Odd Thomas,now I going for his older books that I pick up at the library are:Sole Survivor,Winter Moon,The Mask and part 2 of Frankenstein. Now I have to find part 1.

I love the summer months just for the outdoor BBQ's. Grilling all sorts of meats & poultry,along with grilled veggies.We're going to grill some pork cutlets & tomorrows it crab legs and on the 4th 1/2 BBQ chicken with Mai Mai Martinate on it.YUMMMMMMM!!!

Have to get ready for church, see you later. Hugs :) BB

MsCrockett
07-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Good Morning Girls~~

Weighed in this Morning and I am down 2 lbs.. that totals me at an 80 lb loss, Man, I remember when I lost 10 lbs my first week of this new life. and Now I am at the 80 lb mark..WOW

Shatzi~~ Powderpuff ride is a ride where all the women do the riding and the men do all the cooking, registration cleaning,, etc.. Just a switcha rooo for us hillbillies...LOL and yep it is on our property.. Amos Run Hunting Club

kmy68
07-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Jumping on in here is a little tough for a newbie, but I couldn't let Crock's 80 pound loss slip by. Whoo Hooo Crock!!! :high: That is just beautiful. I am so excited for you!

Schatzi, I'm glad Preen works for you. I get occasional results here. And yes, I should be getting plenty of exercise getting rid of the jungle the rain has created.

Have a super weekend (or what's left of it) one and all!!!

MsCrockett
07-02-2006, 10:38 AM
kmy~~thanks for noticing.. How are you doing?

cottagebythesea
07-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
Our so-called "quiet" weekend turned into a full house BBQ party yesterday. (I did tell you all it never stays quiet around here for long.) It got hot and humid so everybody thought it'd be fun to come here to hang out around the pool all day. It was pretty chaotic, but also a lot of fun! Who knows what today is going to bring? ;)

Kiko ~ Big congratulations to you for your weight loss! I did notice that you've changed your ticker! :bravo:

beach bum ~ :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: for finally getting your car back! I know what a big headache this has been for you, and hope things settle down now for you two. :hug:

Crockett ~ Your PowderPuff Ride sounds like a lot of fun, and I know everything will go smoothly. :cp: on your continued weight loss, too! Woohoo!!!!!

Barb ~ Funny coincidence, both my DS and DH birthdays are in July, too! Our son's is July 5th and Jake's is July 7th! Hope you can get some "breathing" space this next week, sounds like it's going to be busy for you!

Kaeurl ~ I'm a big cross-stitch fan, too! Seems like there's a lot of us here!

Soon and Weezle ~ Too bad you gals have to work, :( . I may have to watch the girls tomorrow for a little while, but I have the option of bringing them to my house if I want. I hope you get to enjoy the holiday, nontheless.

:wave: to anyone I may have missed! I'll be back later.

Mudlucious
07-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Good morning all

WEll its awfully quiert here this morning. I slept til 9 am. Mostly becaue Aubrey (my friends baby) has worn me out over the past few days. I still can't believe she kept taking off her diaper and pooping on the carpet. She is so ready to be potty trained.

Anyways I'm going to start fresh on monday. Maybe go back on phase 1 for a few days after the holiday just for a little extra push. I got in some late night exercise last night, we all bellydanced!

Kiko
07-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Crock WTG on reaching 80 pounds lost! You are awesome and so dedicated to this program. :high:

Cottage I sometimes love those days that turn out to be so fun- esp. when you weren't anticipating it.

Mud How old is Aubrey? I wouldn't have had much tolerance for the pooping on the floor. Especially if she is at an age when she knows better!

Kmy Just hop on in girl! We are a friendly group of gals! :wave:

Beach Glad you got your car back!! Hope church was nice- we had a very good service and sermon this morning. :angel:

Schatzi That is smart to stock up and freeze stuff. Then you just have to mess with making sure you have the fresh produce and all that good stuff. Steaks sound yummy- we are having burgers, 4 bean salad, and fresh fruit for dinner.

Soon You sound so frustrated! :hug: I am sorry you are getting the unfair weekend deal. My DH's boss does that to him a lot with Sundays- he, a single guy, takes them off and leaves DH to work. On off a month would be nice.

Another day at home here, which is fine by me! We are heading to a friend's tomorrow afternoon for a BBQ and swimming. It should be fun, and I will take a bit of my own food to stay OP. There will be plenty of beer and libations, but I have decided to give that up for a bit in hopes of reaching my goal weight faster.

I promised DD that we would make homemade sugar cookies this afternoon and then decorate them with blue and red sprinkles. She is jumping up and down on her mini-trampoline right now nagging me to get off the computer. Off to do the "mom thing"...... and to say out of the cookie dough!!!!! :cookie:

cottagebythesea
07-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Hey, Kiko, you've given me a great idea for an activity for the girls tomorrow, if I have to work! Thanks!

I can't believe no one came today, Jake and I are having a restful (e.i. peaceful !) day today. I just spent an hour floating around on my lounger in the pool, it felt absolutely decadent! This is the first time I actually had the opportunity to enjoy the pool without having to keep an eye on a child! I even indulged in a Barcardi Silver, yummmmm.
I have a pork tenderloin in the oven, and it's close to being done, so I have to go. Enjoy the rest of the day!

Barb0522
07-02-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm just back from the grocery store. I'm fixing shrimp cashew stir fry tonight. Brian says he will eat it but we'll see. He usually isn't a stir fry kid. I still need to go to another grocery store to get Kale and get whole wheat hot dog buns but I don't need those tonight. We'll be visiting friends on the 4th. They're having BBQ chicken which is great for Brian and I but DH doesn't care for chicken so we're bringing hot dogs for him. I'm also fixing deviled eggs and a 3 bean salad.

MsCrockett - Way to go on the loss! You are doing tremendously well!

weezle
07-02-2006, 09:43 PM
How is it that I can be in the sun every day for a week in Key West and come home only slightly freckled, but I go outside for 4 hours in Illinois and burn myself to a crisp? I wonder if fried weezle is Ph1-friendly. Ouch.

What a lovely day off though. Back to work tomorrow. At least we're having a sidewalk sale and I can wear shorts. Gonna be a hot one.

My TOM is coming this week and last week was just horrible PMS-wise. I was a pig. Somehow I didn't gain any weight though. I don't get it. My metabolism must be up due to all the walking and standing at work or something. Moo.

My mom made a yummy 4th of July dessert that I think you all can have if you're Ph2. SF/FF Cheesecake flavored pudding, strawberries, blue berries, and FF cool whip on top. She also had RF Nilla Wafers but you all can skip that part. It was a make-your-own cheesecake kind of thing and super yummy.

Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend!

Lisa

soon2Bfab
07-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Weezle - I miss Key West! I didn't burn, but I did tan before hand, but now I'm pasty white once again. All the work & no sunlight!
Girls - Yes, I'm frustrated with my job. I just feel like I should of got 1 weekend off, either before the holiday or after. Instead, I got Sat off, that's it. I even asked my boss if I could have Sunday off & I would take his Fri night close. He gave me this crap that he had to be there on Sunday to do all the month end audit. I come in at 10 work on the floor until 1, only then do I realize he didn't do the month end audit or the freaking alarm test. What in the world did he do for 4 hours - unbelievable! And he's a complete pig.....I'm not neat by any means, but when I share an office with 4 other people, I clean up after myself....boy wonder leaves his freaking coffee all over the place - UGH!
I'm off to scrapbook.....gotta get this done for sister's bridal shower before the 15th.

ErialRose
07-03-2006, 08:02 AM
I posted earlier telling everyone Happy 4th but forgot to wish Happy Canada Day also! I am sorry for my forgetfulness. Whichever holiday your celebrating I wish each and everyone a wonderful weekend. And :hug: for those having to report to work!

Ruthxxx
07-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Good morning! Happy Fourth of July Eve! :woo:

Silence has descended on the little hamlet of Delta as the Hyper Pypers have departed. They stayed an extra night because it was late when we got off the Lake last night and everyone was too tired to pack up for the trek back to Ottawa. We had berries, whole wheat bagels and cream cheese for breakfast and then I waved them off. The Girls went right to bed as soon as the car and boat were out the lane!

It was a super Canada Day weekend with good healthy food, some wine, fireworks and lots of laughter and fun with friends. Yesterday after Church, Dr Bob took me for a ride in his new Bentley. What a toy! He says he will let me drive it once the newness wears off. Between that ride and the boat, I feel like a rich chick. Too bad I'm not skinny! :lol:

Despite all the festivities, my ticker stayed the same so I survived! :carrot:

beach bum
07-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Up early as I went to bed earlier than I'm used too. I guess I needed the extra sleep. Got on the scale for this morning W-I & I stayed the same. Luckly I went down as I was 4 lbs heavier last Wed & Thurs due to bloating. Have no clue what caused this,didn't eat or exercise any differently.

Going to do some more exercising to sandwich the 4th by doing extra today and on Wed.Have the same plan for my eating habits also.Wish me luck:dust:

kmy68
07-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Happy Canada day to those who celebrate it. Happy day before the 4th to the rest!

Tomorrow I'm off to my in-laws who believe that veggies are only edible overcooked and drowned in butter and salt. They actually solidify when cold. They even coat their meats in butter and salt. No concept of health anywhere in that house. I think I'll bring a veggie plate, and take charge of one pot of veggies so I can at least have food on my plate during dinner. I'll eat a big meal before I go then have something when I get back.

Wednesday is business trip with hubby until Hershey for the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed that I'm still a South Beach Girl when I get back.

Weighed in this morning with a 7 pound loss. Don't ya just love those week 1 losses?

Schatzi
07-03-2006, 09:02 AM
HIDEEEEEHO :wave: Boppin in real quick ....
Kmy and BB- Congrats on yer losses!!!! :bravo:
Ruth-- stayin the same after wonderful food and company is a SUCCESS in my book!

cottagebythesea
07-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Good Morning,
I had to stop for some groceries right after doing Curves, before the stores got too crowded. I hope I don't have to run back there again, whew! I'm making a fruit salad and a layered veggie salad for tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure I got fresh fruits and vegetables. I only have to watch the little ones today from 2 - 4:30, so it's almost like having the day off. This morning I want to clean the house, then get my salads made. DD and SIL are coming later and staying overnight, so I have to make something special for dinner tonight, too. My SIL hardly ever can make it out here, so it's a special occasion when he's around. He's so much fun to be with and always has funny and interesting stories to tell about the theatre business and what goes on behind the scenes. Our daughter is very lucky to have him for a husband!

Ruth ~ I'm glad you had a wonderful time with the Hyper Pypers, you sound like you really enjoyed the weekend!

Soon ~ I feel so bad for you, that you're having such a stressful time at your job. I do hope things start getting better, I remember how excited you were when you were first offered this position. You are a very capable, hard worker and are very good at what you do, there's bound to be something better out there for you. Maybe you should start looking around?

beach bum ~ My weight has been flucturing a lot, too. Today I'm down 4 lbs from when I weighted myself on Friday, and I haven't done anything different, go figure? I'm just concentrating on eating healthy right now and taking it one day at a time. Tomorrow will be a challenge, as the menu is babyback ribs that my brother is supplying, and there will be a lot of other really good food there, too, as we're also celebrating 2 birthdays. I will do my best, though, not to over-indulge.

cottagebythesea
07-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Hello, Kmy and Schatzi!

MsCrockett
07-03-2006, 09:30 AM
CONGRATULATIONS KMY ON A 7 LB LOSS WOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOO .. :goodvibes :bubbles: :encore: :balloons: :yes: :cloud9: :woo: :grouphug: :dancer: :grouphug: :cbg: :hat: :dance: :cp: :bravo: :cb: :gift: :spin: :spin: :wave: :smug: ;) :hug: :D :high: :queen: :yes: :cheers: :cheer: :frypan: :beach:

beach bum
07-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Cottage:)

Big congrats:woo: on your weight loss:woo: especially around the holiday season.

Maybe you can have your ribs and eat them to,just by asking brother if he could use Kraft SB BBQ sauce on your ribs instead of the sugary brands out there. Just a thought. I have Kraft BBQ sauce always in my frig, just in case we do ribs.

Barb0522
07-03-2006, 12:41 PM
beach bum - Where do you find the Kraft SB BBQ sauce? I can't find it at my local Tom Thumb any more and I've also checked Target and Walmart. They used to have it.

Barb0522
07-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Well, at least I now know why Brian was running a fever all weekend. And I know the spots really aren't mosquito bites although they started out looking like them. It's chickenpox! :( Luckily it's a mild case. He was vaccinated at the right age and had been in day care with chickenpox outbreaks before and never gotten it. Based on the timing he might have gotten it from one of the kids at cub scout camp. Unfortunately this means he will be missing at least half of this swim lession session and we'll be missing spending the 4th with friends tomorrow. He may still be able to go out for his Dad's birthday on Saturday but we'll have to see when he is all scabbed over.

He's not feelng bad but the itching is starting to bother him.

Schatzi
07-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Barb With all the exercise, and healthy eating I wouldn't be surprised if Brian gets a mild case and/or recovers quickly. But, please be extra careful.. if you had Chicken Pox, you're at risk for shingles... I don't know if there are ways to prevent it , but just be more "sterile" (if that's a word) around him..

beach bum
07-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi Barb:)

I found the SB Kraft BBQ sauce in my local Super Stop & Shop, in the BBQ sauce aisle.

Its right name is Kraft Carb Well Orginial BBQ sauce[ recommended] by the south beach diet. Its has 3 carbs per serving[2tbs] 15 cal. 0 gr fats.

Hope that helps

kmy68
07-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Barbara,
Good luck with those chickenpox. I'm very happy to hear that he has a mild case. All 3 of my kiddies came down with it around Easter (all were vaccinated). The oldest had a really tough case, they were down his throat, in his ears, just very upsetting and painful for him. The other two had ridiculously mild cases. One only had 5 spots. The middle one had 26 spots total, but they never really crusted over. It was tough to decide when to send her to school because since it was so mild, she never really got many with heads to crust over.

Good luck and know that 'this too shall pass'.

MsCrockett
07-03-2006, 04:48 PM
ohhhh Chicken pox.. i hadmy first case at 33 yrs old. Austin had gotten them, i called my Mother to see if I had them before, she assured me I had, well, the next morning I woke up to my own pox ville,I called My mother , who stated, oh It must have been your older sister, yes it was you had the measles..!!! and it took me two weeks to get over them, and I thought I was gonna die, however, Austin ((2 yrs at the time)) and his aunt nonnie had them together,,ahhhhhhhh Memories!!!!!!

Barb0522
07-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks, Beach Bum, that is the one that I used to buy before my store stopped selling it. I'll just have to keep looking.

The spots on Brian's scalp are the ones itching him the most right now. The doc did say he has a couple in his mouth but they aren't enough to keep him from eating. He recommended oral Benadryl and that seems to be helping. The Aveeno Oatmeal/calamine lotion also helps.

soon2Bfab
07-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Great job Kmy!!!!
Barb - that stinks for Brian...hope he gets better ASAP!

cottagebythesea
07-03-2006, 07:54 PM
:( Barb ~ Poor Brian, I do hope he continues to have a mild case. While you're taking care of him, don't forget to take care of yourself, too. :hug:

Mudlucious
07-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Good evening!

Well today has gone by so fast. It feels like its early afternoon. It was also a very unproductive day. We, my neighbors and I, are hoping to find a park to light off fireworks tonight. We can't light them off at home because they are prohibited in our housing area. :( Oh well.

kiko~ Aubrey is only 13 months so she really doesn't know better, most people think shes younger at first I know I did. She is itty bitty.

Barb~ I hope Brian feels better soon.

Kiko
07-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Good morning!

Didn't make it onto the computer yesterday...

Barb I am so sorry to hear about Brian! I hope he recovers quickly. :hug:

Mud My DD is just shy of 13 months- I could see her doing that and just smiling. She is so feisty, which is many times hilarious, but it makes me wonder how the next few years will be!

Cottage What did you make for dinner?

Ruth Yippee for your ticker not moving! :)

Me- A rescheduled party ofr this afternoon. We were going to have a get together with friends yesterday, but 2 of her kids wound up sick. We are hoping that they had a good night and are better. If not, we will hang out with my mom and dad for the day.

DH is getting ready for work right now and then I am going to crawl myself right back into bed for a bit. :)

Have a super 4th and BE CAREFUL!!

Ruthxxx
07-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Good morning and Happy Independence Day to our American chickies!

Yesterday seemed like a "normal" day for a change. The Girls slept almost all day, I puttered around changing beds and doing dishes and even got a bit of gardening done. Last night I was invited to the Longhorn to a "sampling" of the new menu. There's some neat new stuff and a lot of it is very healthy.

Today will be more of the same with a bit of gardening, a footcare appointment and then a "vernissage" tonight in Smiths Falls. Lah dee dah! :lol: (A vernissage is a private showing before an art exhibit - I had to look it up!) Life continues to be crazy!

Enjoy your day! :)

Kiko
07-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Okay- so I crawl back into bed, read a few pages to get nice and drowsy. Roll over into a comfy pillow and just get to that lovely state before you drift off...... and whose face is peeking at me........ followed 5 minutes later by yells from the room next door. Oh, the joys of motherhood!!!!!

:) Schatzi- you got some caw-fee ready for me?????

Barb0522
07-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Morning, gals. Brian had a bit of a rough night. He was up at 1 crying because it itched so much. I got some more cream on him and another dose of Benadryl into him and laid down with him until he fell back asleep. So far he is still sleeping.

I forgot to go by and cancel his swim lessons for this session so I don't know if I can get my money back. They are probably closed today but I'll run by and see if the rec center is open later. I bought the stuff to make the Peanut Butter Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today as something to help occupy Brian. The independence Day Parfait that was in the Daily Dish looks good too. I don't have blueberries but I could use strawberries. I guess it wouldn't have the blue color but it would probably taste just as good.

Schatzi
07-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Sing with me now!
It's a Grand Old Flag, It's a High Flyin' Flag, And forever in peace may you wave. You're the emblem of The land I love.The home of the free and the brave. !

HEHeeeeeeeeee! Cawfee pot has been a Perkin' since 6 am! Busy morn, getting ready for a BBQ -- making a cake which I will not partake of...( Ya see, most times if I make a cake, I'll make one that I can take or leave... all part of my willpower mojo... :devil:) Running out to pick up fresh stuff for a big tossed salad, and beer...The BBQ is 2 doors up from us.. and the woman running it, I think has never had a party before... she's called me at least 5 times in the last 2 days fretting over her Tea, (it's toooo strong, what should I do?) Do you like ribs? Do you like Carolina BBQ or "Red"? Should I keep the food in the screen house? :blah: Do you think it would be tacky to use paper plates??? Too funny...
Then tonight we're off to the lake for fireworks

HAVE A GREAT INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!

Kiko
07-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Barb I thought that parfait looked good too! Poor Brian, you know he must be so uncomfortable as his personality is that of a trooper. :(

Schatzi Sounds like a fun par-tay! I love big get-togethers!

Ruth Oh-la-la a verssinage! We don't have too many of them down here in these parts of Teeeeexxxxaaassss. :) Have a fun day!

We are heading to my mom's this afternoon for a cookout and swimming. DD is a bit disappointed that we aren't going to her friend's for the party, but I am bit leary in that her kids were throwing up not but 18 hours ago. With DH and leaving for our weekend vacay on Thursday morning, the last thing I want to do is leave my mom with two sick kids. I think they are having there party anyway, but I don't want to chance it. I will be OP with a bunless burger and 4 bean salad. :) I was 153.5 this morning and would love to see that stick for my ticker weigh in. :) I haven't been firmly planted in the 150s in years and am thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb0522
07-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Kiko - Brian is fine now that he is up for the day. Things always seem worse during the night. He's watching a tape of the Apollo 13 movie right now. He's been hearing about the shuttle and was asking about the expression "Houston, we have a problem" so we thought we'd let him watch the movie and find out what it was all about. The language is bad but he doesn't repeat bad language so it is okay for an occasional thing. I don't blame you about avoiding a possible stomach bug. Those are bad enough for parents to deal with but you sure don't want to leave sick kids with your mom. Congrats on the weight loss. I'm hanging right in at the same weight and need to get back down again. It's so hot I've been wanting something flavored so Brian and I have been drinking Koolaid made with Splenda. He drinks it better than water and so do I.

beach bum
07-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Nothing new,to add since yesterday.

Wishing you a Happy Independence Day a little late today. Didn't get to the :comp: computer 'til now, too hot in room on A/C in computer room.

W-I this morn and I'm the same as last week,hope for a lose next W-I as I have been eating salads & protein for the two main meals lunch & dinner.No bread carbs at all.[Somewhat Phase 1]except I have to have my fruit everyday.

Barb- DH is going to put the Kraft BBQ sauce on my chicken half,for our BBQ tonight.

Have a good one Hugs :) BB