General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #1  

Default I could kick myself-help

Last night wasn't a good night.Between dealing with a teenage daughter and work issues I craved comfort foods and gave in.I had about 10 barbaque baked chips at work then when I got home at midnight I got into icecream (about 20 spoonfulls)and a handful of pretzel sticks and I'm paying for it today oh- what a tummy ache I have.What to do know?should I eat lite today or eat like usual I haven't eaten anything yet just drinking water.By the way I WI tomorrow.I could just kick myself for this.
greycrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I would have as much lemon water as you can handle, but eat POP. However, if you haven't eaten yet, and it's already mid-day, don't try to cram it all in. Look in your plan book for the suggested portions for each meal and stick to those so that you don't overload in the afternoon, which could lead to a bad time on the scale.

Hang in there - we all have those times. Next time, instead of heading to the fridge, head to the computer where some of us are bound to be.

Don't beat yourself up too much. Try to remember all you've accomplished.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #3  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Don't be too hard on yourself. Personally, I believe that if you are good 80% of the time; you will succeed. Actually, I didn't think what you did was too bad (BAKED chips, pretzel sticks).
I would still eat according to the program, but select the best choices possible (no beef, the better starches, whole fruit instead of canned). And drink water vs diet sodas. I think it's the mini binge/mini starvation days that mess with our natural digestive processes.
The coolest thing is that you realized what you did. Think about it and maybe have a strategy for the next time those things pop up. Walk around the block, call a friend, quickly get online and come to the Board to see who can stop you!!
Hang in there - you're doing great!
Joni
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #4  
In it for life!

I got off track like that too one day last week. I just HAD to have an Oreo Cookie Blast. I ate about half of it. BIG MISTAKE. Within 45 minutes I was running for the bathroom and got the worse headache I've had in a long, long time. I felt dizzy and horrible all the next day. I guess it was the sugar that was dumped into my system. I never realized how sugar could affect you and to think I had been doing that to my body for years!!

I got back OP the next day but didn't eat heavy foods. Hopefully when I weigh in tonight I won't leave the meeting kicking myself in the butt. And if I do gain, it's MY OWN FAULT!
LindaB763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #5  

Thanx for the replies.I think next time I'll head hear you gals are awsome,we gotta stick together.I am feeling alittle better although I still have the belly ache.I did eat 1 low fat waffle with sugar free syrup with lots of water and sprinkled myself with to keep me going .
greycrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:22 PM   #6  
In it for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greycrazy
sprinkled myself with to keep me going .
Forget sprinkling!!! I need to take a bath in the stuff then!
LindaB763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/199

Oh, I did the same thing last. I worked evenings and it was so stressful. I came home and ate everything in site. But the stuff I chose was sugar free jello and sugar free cool whip, watermelon and a couple of sticks of cheese. It was laughable to watch me trying to be careful and almost binging at the same time!!!
katiesmom710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:22 PM   #8  

I think we've all been there -- and i think what is hard is you know you did wrong -- I"ve done it myself -- but you know deep down inside, before dieting it could have been much much worst.

I hope things go okay -- try the cantalope -- i've been eating that alot for my fruit (before getting sick, now my fruit is oj) -- and that cleans your system out lol.

Just remember, your not alone and I swear just typing out your thoughts makes it easier -- my downfall is the fat free cool whip -- cant have it in the house -- I can eat that like ice cream (okay I know yeck!!) but its a trigger food
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Sue - I thought I was the only one who would take frozen FF cool whip and eat it out of the container like ice cream! YUM.
Although eating the container is probably still better than actually eating regular ice cream!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/197/150

HEY WAIT!! I thought FF Cool Whip WAS OK!??! hehehhe
PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #11  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphn545
Sue - I thought I was the only one who would take frozen FF cool whip and eat it out of the container like ice cream! YUM.
Although eating the container is probably still better than actually eating regular ice cream!
I dunno-think I'd pass on eating a cool whip container
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #12  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

JM--have you done your marathon yet? Still heavy training? You amaze me.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:55 PM   #13  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hey Boo-nope not yet. The marathon's in October. I'm up to 16.5 miles on my long walks and am going to do a half-marathon on the 4th of July. Yep-lots of training-in fact, I need to head out to the gym now.

BTW-if you walk for 6 hours in 90 degree weather (okay-it was only 90 degrees for the last hour or so!)-you can lose 4lbs! I weighed in on Saturday after my long walk. And I had been drinking more than 64 oz of water that morning too . .

Alas-it did come back some afterward. Still . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:26 PM   #14  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

That is super--WOW--6 hours is forever! --I am impressed. Hey--4 lbs is 4 lbs--any way you look at it--it would just be nice to see the scale fluctuate so much just so I would know it could!! Good Luck at your half-marathon.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:20 PM   #15  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Julie Marie- I am with you, the cool whip container is not that appealing to me. The contents, however, with SF Hersheys and sliced strawberries. Oh, to die for! I was noticing that you have passed the 80 lb loss mark. That is fantastic!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote