Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - "Hybrid" Hamburger

View Full Version : "Hybrid" Hamburger

cantforgetthis
06-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, of course! Why not? ;) I had to laugh when I read an article on a company in Chicago that had finally developed a half beef, half soy product. It makes a lot of sense, less calories, less fat but still the same "mouth feel" as the regular thing.

What struck me so was a quote from a senior research analyst at the marketing firm promoting this product. She stated, "There are a lot of people who try to cut back on meat. Just think - if half your meat is soy, you can have twice as many portions."

YEAH!!! Just think, twice the portions! :lol: Isn't that the type of thinking that got most of the overweight public where they are today??? :D

Just what we need! :rolleyes:

phantastica
06-28-2006, 03:52 PM
She stated, "There are a lot of people who try to cut back on meat. Just think - if half your meat is soy, you can have twice as many portions."

YEAH!!! Just think, twice the portions! :lol: Isn't that the type of thinking that got most of the overweight public where they are today??? :D

Just what we need! :rolleyes:

HA HA HA! The idea of a half-soy burger is good, though! But yes, not so we can eat two of them!

Allikat
06-28-2006, 04:37 PM
I had the same reaction when I read the article and saw that quote. I thought to myself, "Wow..she must not be a dieter!"