WW Clubs and Groups - Turtles Looking Up! #160

View Full Version : Turtles Looking Up! #160

Itryharder
06-28-2006, 12:31 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
06-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Hi Turtles,
I started a new thread because we were overdue. Please check out the last page on our thread #159 because there are some nice comments there and I also posted a long thread there.
Love,
Judy

Ariana2000
06-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Martha -- thank you! :hug: 12/14 is awesome, I will unabashedly agree. :D ;) You will get there Martha, it's often a matter of time, strategy and behavioral changes (as tired of hearing that as you may be. I remember how much they reiterated that at meetings.) Absolutely. Focus on the ups. Regarding your mother in law: I'm sorry. That is very stressful. Was she perhaps dehydrated? I know that severe dehydration can cause dementia. I'm glad she wasn't hurt. When it comes to stress eating, try to find something that destresses you and do that instead. I know that sounds dumb -- how could a non-eating activity make you feel better when what you crave is food? But it's funny, the more you do your stress relieving activity when you're stressed, the more your body comes to associate stress relief with that activity instead of food, and you start to crave the replacement activity instead. Before I started WW, I used to eat when I was stressed and shop when I was stressed. I ended up racking $8k in credit card debt and about 60-65 pounds over the course of four years. I'm not going to tell you that my strategies for coping with stress changed over night -- it was a gradual, and concerted effort for a while, but now I only crave junk food when I'm REALLY stressed, and then I can usually tell my mind to SHUT UP about the junk food, and promise myself my other stress relief activity in the near future. My last job was horribly stressful, a soul-grinding, defeating sales job where I spent all day every day being pressed to do more and being told I was failing. I spent nearly two years there, and you know what? I lost 25 lbs in those two years. That's not a lot, granted, but to have lost it and kept it off...when in the past I would have satiated myself with junk food and gained! Now I have a better job, I've lost 18 more pounds in the last few months, and my credit card will be paid off around February of 2006. :carrot: The truth is, Martha, that everyone can change stress eating habits, and it is easier to lose weight once you do. But I will step down off my motivational soap box. :o I just want to let you know that I've been there, and it is doable.

Judy -- thank you, I am thrilled! :D :carrot: Congrats on your virtuous ways in this holiday season!

Princess -- hello to you too! Thank you, I am grinning from ear to ear after hearing all this wonderful feedback from you wonderful ladies! :^:

chrily
06-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Wondering if I could join in? I'm trying to find some online support while I do WW at home but some of the other WW threads I've tried haven't been overly receptive.

Chris

mousie
06-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Absolutely, Chris! :welcome: We Turtles always love to have new members, jump on in and tell us about yourself. :)

Ariana, you're almost at my GOAL! :lol: I'm shooting for a 10/12--I'm tall and big boned and have lifted weights since I was 15 so I have LOTS of muscle. I don't think I could get any smaller, and I don't think I'd look right if I did. :chin: You must be dancing your way through your days right now...good for you. :)

I'm still dealing with pain, though not NEARLY as bad as it was. I can actually sit up! And I can go out for an hour or two at a time, too, if someone else is driving. :) I have a new appreciation for what chronic pain patients have to deal with--I'll certainly put this experience to good use in my future career. :)

My weight is up, but I think that's because...well, um, oxycodone has side effects, and one is that it...severely backs up the internal plumbing, so to speak. :o So I'm in pain from that, too. But I'm making every effort to get fiber supplements and water, and I'm certain I'll get better once I can be up and more active. I just have to keep looking at the positive side.

One nice little positive thing is that my [almost] two weeks on painkillers has gotten me OFF caffeine! Honestly, it didn't even occur to me to drink the stuff, and I had no headaches because I was pretty much unconscious the whole time. :lol: So My caffeine habit is gone...now what do I drink?? They don't really make caffeine-free diet sodas, and I'm SO not going to drink sugary drinks...let's just say that my water consumption is definitely okay! ;)

And as for a second bit of the positive side, another friend of mine used to rollerblade 10 miles a day to get ready for a rollerblading trip in Ecuador. I told her what happened, and she said it really sounded like a freak thing, as she's never heard of someone falling on that spot in that way. I essentially had my feet go up and forward, and my spine went straight *down*. No backward fall to it at all--not even my hands went backward to catch me, I just went straight down. Something like 98% of rollerblading accident are forward falls, and the other 2% tend to involve actually going backward, instead of just straight down. So I'm comforted by the thought that this really honestly was a freak thing, and it won't happen again. :)

Now if I could just get better so I could get back out there! This enforced lack of activity is driving me batty--it's really hard to go from being so active to laying in bed all day. :dizzy: And we don't even want to talk about what the house looks like after I've spent two weeks in bed and hubby has been "in charge" of keeping things running. :cry: All I can say is GOD BLESS MY FRIENDS!

Hope everyone is doing well, my meds are making me sleepy again so I'll be off. Take care of yourselves, and :welcome2: again to Chris!

Itryharder
06-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Hi TUrtles,
:welcome3: Chris!!!! I think you're gonna love it here. We all love new members and quite a few of us are doing great! Chime in all the time: tell us your ups and downs and we'll encourage you and learn from you. Nice to have you here. :grouphug:

Mousie, I am so glad you had a chance to talk to another roller blading expert.
My goodness, this really does sound like a freak thing to have happened. Glad you're feeling better and very glad you're off caffeine. My goodness--what a funny thing to happen while you're recuperating.

Ariana, thanks for all the good motivation. It's great to hear you talk this way and to be so clear as to how you've been successful in dealing with your stress in ways other than eating.

Hey everybody=-gotta run but just wanted to chime in for a minute.
Love,
Judy

bandit2
06-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Welcome Chris - I am sure you will enjoy this group.

Hi to everyone else. I have my w/i tonight & know I will be up, but am going anyway. Also, I am planning on staying for meeting which I have not done lately due to busy schedule.

Long weekend coming up & will be having company at trailer for some of it.
Il will be able to make some ww friendly dishes for us all.

Anyway, have a good one.

chrily
06-29-2006, 08:01 PM
I'll do a little post after awhile or maybe tomorrow morning and let you know a bit about myself. Right now I have to hustle out the door to get my daughter to dance practice on time. Ahhh...the life of a mom.

Chris

Princess1122
06-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Morning everyone and welcome to all of the new folks....

I can't stay long but wanted to wish everyone a great weekend...

W/I is not going to be good this week but I will try harder to hit my goal next week.

Have a happy day!
Susan

chrily
06-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Morning Turtles!
I'm assuming that means that slow and steady wins the race.

Anyhow, here's a bit about me. My name is Chris. I am a 35 yr old. mom of 3 daughters...one almost 13, a 7 yr old, and my almost 4 yr old. I live in Montana. I work part time for my dad, am a sahm the rest of the time, and attend MSU as a full-time student working toward my BS in Business Administration. I like to read, walk, and play on the 'puter.

Now for the diet history:
My lowest weight was in high school at 119 lbs (yes, that was way too skinny). My highest was 3 yrs ago at 223. I've done WW before, tried South Beach, went to a weight loss clinic, and here I am back on WW again. I had the most success with it and out of 2 1/2 yrs, I only gained back 1.5-2.0 lbs. My main issue isn't so much food anymore...it's with exercise. I don't like it, can't seem to get motivated to do it, and I always feel guilty when I do because I'm taking time from the family. I do have to be somewhat careful about overdoing it when I exercise too. After DD#2 I became the "proud" (severe sarcasm) of rheumatoid arthritis. That is partly why I ballooned up to 223. I was on prednisone for a year. On my meds, I can pretty much lead a normal life but if I carry my daughter or lift weights that are too heavy for too many reps, my arms will hurt for a few days. Or if I put too much stress on my knees, they swell up and hurt for a few days too. I do get occasional flares in my hands, knees, and feet that I sometimes have to baby for a bit but other than that...I'm doing great!

That's me in a nutshell. The mom living in a nut house. :D Glad to meet you all and hope to get to know you.

Chris

mousie
06-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Good morning, Turtles!

Thanks for telling us some of your story, Chris. We have it all, here--moms and childless-by-choice, exercise nuts and non-exercise nuts, even WWs and non WWs (I used to be a WW, which is why I'm a Turtle, but I've had to step away from that program for a variety of reasons and now I just follow my own version of sensible eating). Bandit is our Social Butterfly Turtle, Princess is our Speedy Turtle, Judy is our Mama Turtle, Ariana is our Insanely Busy Turtle, and I'm...well, I don't know what Turtle I am. :) We're happy to have you!

Princess, I'm sure your weigh-in was just a fluke, and next week will be marvelous for you. After all, you're Speedy Turtle, right? ;)

Bandit, good luck with your weigh-in, and have fun this long weekend!

As for me, Turtles, it turns out that last week was not a fluke with the fall and medicines and everything, and I'm down another pound! That's 6 pounds in the 2 weeks since I fell on my rear end and had to confine myself to bed...I don't want to explore the implications there. ;) So I've lost 35 total, yay me! People are starting to comment, too. :) Don't you love it when people finally NOTICE???

I am down to half-doses of oxycodone and still 800mg of Motrin, and stopped taking the Valium about a week ago. I've got an email in to one of my instructors (Chris, I'm in Physical Therapy school) as to what I should be doing for myself, since the doctors I have seen after the ER doctors just said "keep taking your medicine, you'll be down for 3 weeks but then you'll be okay." I've got enough education in me to know that may be true, but it's certainly not ideal! I don't want to just be "okay", I want to be strong and trouble-free again. So I'll wait to see what my instructor has to say. :)

Enjoy your holiday weekends, Turtles!

chrily
06-30-2006, 02:40 PM
guess I'll have to see what kind of Turtle I am. Right now, maybe I'd be the Laundry Turtle. Seems like that's ALL I do anymore. Laundry, Laundry, Laundry. LOL.

So what does everyone do for exercise? Anything that might get me moving????

Chris

mousie
06-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Laundry Turtle...:lol: :lol: :lol:

I pretty much do whatever strikes my fancy for exercise. :) I have a treadmill and a Spinning bike at home, I belong to a gym, I have taken lifting/spinning/yoga/pilates classes, I rollerblade (hence my most recent injury), I bike outside, I go for long walks by myself and with friends, I go hiking, I have this dream involving hang gliding...I'm actually very athletic (which is why this enforced inactivity is getting to me, I'm not used to being so STILL all the time!). My theory is, our bodies were designed to get up and move. So I'll get up and move mine! :strong:

What do you enjoy, Chris? Do you like to dance? Ballroom and swing are fantastic. Long walks? Bikes? Hiking?

chrily
06-30-2006, 08:11 PM
I like to walk just about anywhere. Everyone tells me to take the family for evening walks but I like to go at my own pace which is usually alot faster than the kids can go. I also go to the gym...not as frequently as I should and walk on the treadmill and the elliptical. I do strength training there too with the lifecircuit machines. I am not what I'd call athletically inclined..so I guess that's where the aversion to exercise comes in. Heck, I'm 35 and don't even know how to swim. My brother doesn't either. He told me if we could find a class to take, he would do it with me. I get panicky in water. THat's from having the worst eyesight in the world. I'm just a activity reject...LOL! :D Anyhow, I do like exercise videos but they get rather tedious if you don't have someone to share the "pain" with.

Chris

mousie
07-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Right now walking is great! Everyone doesn't have to be the next SuperAthlete...just get out, get your heart working, see the world, have some time to think and get some "you" time. It sounds good to me! :)

Itryharder
07-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi Turtles,
Chris, boy have you come to the right place for exercise advice. We've got a couple of pros here. Hey, if you can and like to walk, walk! Why not. You can always heft a couple of soup cans while you're making dinner, etc. And I detect the frustration you have with trying to fit in exercise for yourself while not ignoring your children. I had that frustration when I was your age. Looking back, all I can say if that if you're happy and healthy your children will be much better off. Some gals wake up a little early and take a walk before the household wakes up. Would that work for you? We're all wishing you lots of luck.

To bring you up to date: Yes, I am Mama Turtle LOL. I am 64 years old, married with three adult children and 3 darling grandchildren. I weigh 214#, have gotten close to onederland twice in recent history and keep on retreating into the safety of overweight. Ugh. Am working on emotional issues that seem to sabotage my efforts. Am also extremely social with lots of events and sometimes obligations that are very challenging as far as food.
For exercise I like yoga (but hurt myself two months ago and still am not quite right--am avoiding all exercise but swimming until I feel 100%). I also like walking, use a treadmill and video tape--cooking shows or movies to help the time pass.

Hey, Mousie :goodscale: holy moley!!!!! Your weight is doing just great. It is fabulous that your celebration spill brought on at least one good result.

Everybody;;have a great weekend and chime in when you can.
Judy Itry
234.6/214/thinner into onederland :cool:

chrily
07-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Mama Turtle...I can hear you clear as a bell. I made it to ONEderland a couple times and then, like you, retreated back into the 200s. I hate it here but it does seem like a comfortable, safe place. My family never understands that...of course my mom and I are the only overweight ones, so no one really knows the feelings and things we go through. You hit it square on the head. I start doing a great job and "WHAM", I'll purposely do something to kill my success. Then I have the nerve to complain about it.

I just may have to get up early and walk. I hate mornings but anymore, it looks like that is my only free time, esp. with the kids being out of school.

Chris

mousie
07-02-2006, 08:36 AM
:love: Awww, Turtles, I have to tell you about my hubby! :love:

My friend who is/was also my rollerblading partner came over this evening, and we all went to dinner. Then I needed to lay down (I can sit up for longer now, but eventually I need to lay down and let my muscles relax). So I lay in bed and she and I just visited, and then I had to take meds and fall asleep. So she went into the other room to talk to my hubby because they're friends too. He finally came to bed at 3am, and he told me that she had just gone home. I asked what they had been talking about, and he told me.

It turns out that she hasn't been wanting to blade because she's afraid I'll get hurt again, and she doesn't want to encourage something that will hurt me. As hubby says, her life philosophy can be summed up in the statement, "if it can't be done perfectly, I'm not going to do it". So she wasn't prepared to take that risk with me, given that I've already proved I can't "do it perfectly". No judgment against me for being a klutz, you understand, it just scared her.

So anyway, hubby talked about the fact that this dream is so important to me, and in 10 years I'm not going to really remember this 2-3 weeks of on-my-back healing and pain, but I WILL remember if I allow myself to be scared out of going on the trip. He told her that yeah, he didn't want me to be hurt again, but this dream is SO important to me that he's willing to let me take that chance, because he wants so much for me to have that dream. Awwwwwwwwwwwww. I think the man likes me or something. :love:

Anyway! He says she started crying (eek!) and said she hadn't realized how important it was to me, and that she would reconsider her decision to give up blading. :) :) :) :) :)

Now, if she does decide that blading just is not right for her, of course she has every right to that. But the idea that she might reconsider is heartening. :) My goal right now is to do 1/2 mile on the 15th--which is NOTHING, I usually do at least 5 miles at a time. But I'm being gentle with my muscles, and I'm being very very gradual in my approach. My other caveat is that I'm not going to do it if I'm still on pain meds--no making an injury that is masked by medication worse! So the 15th is a tentative date, but it makes me feel better to have a goal. :)

It's the middle of the night, Turtles, and I need to sleep. I'll talk to you later, I just had to tell you my good news!

Itryharder
07-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Hi Turtles,
Mousie, I'm almost crying. Your dh really came through for you. What a darling man. I'm glad he had a heart to heart with your friend and was able to get through to her how much you want to go on your roller blading trip with her. Yay! :cheer: I also love the way you write about how you'll return to exercising. You are deliberate in what you will and won't do and have the knowledge to back you up. It helps me when you state how you will re-enter the exercise world. Thanks!

All goes well here. Ds and family were not able to make it out this weekend, but dd will come in today. The best thing in the world is that she decided to join WW's and asked to have figure friendly foods on hand. :cheer: This is the best since she often comes home and (like so many of us do or have done) asks for family comfort foods which pack on pounds and make it challenging for me to resist. So today I've got all sorts of lower calorie foods on hand and will enjoy them. Plus I'll be getting into the pool.

Sorry this is so long, but one more thing--last night I got to see fireworks. My other dd invited my dh and me to her home for a WW BBQ. Turns out my dh is also watching his weight and trying to knock off some pounds. The food was great (I made potato salad with olive oil and vinegar instead of mayo--only a teense of oil--and it was good with the other veggies), we had ff hot dogs on 1pt. buns, zucchini and onions prepared in a teense of olive oil and ffpudding with banana sliced in it for dessert. Food fit for a king and yummy. I brought raw veggies to snack on because dinner in her house can run late what with the baby and her being kind of a new cook. That worked out a whole lot better than chips! So, we finally got to see the fireworks that were glorious that I have wanted to see for ages and ages but couldn't because we always have a relative picnic on the fourth and this year the fireworks were also held on Saturday night. Wow! I am so wordy.

One last thing!!!!! Chris, as I said, I have approached onederland twice in recent memory and bounced well back into the 200's. Not fun. However, this time I have asked this turtle group to give me extra support as I near that number and I am confident that they will. We'll do the same for you.

Take it easy everyone. Enjoy the holiday and weekend. And let's all make it onward and downward. :goodscale: :carrot: :dancer: :tread:

Judy
Itryharder

marthabarfield
07-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone! Thanks mousie for realizing that I was behind...:?: I haven't gone to the web site in almost 2 weeks and have just been catching up with the threads for #159 when I get a post to my email. I will not be lazy and go to the site at least weekly to see if a new thread was started.
I did enjoy catching up with everyone... and welcome Chris :hug: .

We did get my MIL home and settled...I do have her car keys and she is not happy about that. We are all taking turns checking on her everyday so that it is not hard on any one person and that seems to work out.

Thanks Judy for the motivation on stress eating...I haven't done bad, considering all that has gone on. We went hiking yesterday (way too hot- it was 98 degrees- but I did make it 4 miles :carrot: :carrot: ) and we put a total of about 200 miles on the motorcycle. That was fun and got both of our minds off of MIL.
I weighed in today and I maintained... no loss, but good news...no gain!:dizzy:

I will write more tomorrow; I plan to be a slug and totally relax. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

Martha

Itryharder
07-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Martha,
good to hear from you. Glad mil is taken care of for now. Very very glad you and dh got out and exercised. It's a wonderful thing for mind and body.
Yay!
Happy 4th. Everybody==including BAndit who's our favorite Canadian.
Love,
Judy
Itryharder

chrily
07-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Judy-I really really need some support. Once again, I ate fast food and didn't do what needed to be done and gained back 1 lb of my loss last week. Why do we sabotage what we work so hard to do??? It just bugs me. I don't enjoy being fat...in fact, I HATE IT! Yet, I am sooo scared to lose the way and look different. I want to be noticed but I want to not be seen and remain the wallflower. Weight loss isn't all physical. It seems like its a psychological thing too.

Well the 4th went good for us. I made a fruit plate and some WW 0 pt. fruit dip to take to the usual bbq and I also made some coleslaw with reduced fat mayo. My sis (Mrs. Competitive, I'm better than you sister) made cracks about my coleslaw. She kept going "gross" and "yuck"...but let me tell you. My fruit plate was the first to be emptied and I didn't have to bring any leftover coleslaw home. :D Rack up a point for me.

Chris

Itryharder
07-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Turtles,
Okay Chris, take a deep breath. Here's a :grouphug: and a :cheer: and an :idea: for you to accept that being in onederland is only going to be a tiny one or two pound change from where you are right now. Nothing to worry about--don't think far ahead. Think only of this moment. Where are you?
What do you want? Why is your sister being so silly? Focus on this time that you have right now. Do not project ahead. This week work on exercise and the right food. We all have done what you did, but look! You brought the right foods to the BBQ and obviously other people are interested in eating well because your contributions disappeared. Now we're all going to help you make these couple of pounds disappear. Come on Turtles, let's all give Chris our best efforts to help her over this hump.

:cheer: to all of us for getting through the holiday weekend. I had a tough time yesterday, but the other days of the weekend were great. Today is super great and it feels good to be doing the right thing.

Judy Itry

chrily
07-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks for your pep talk. My sister asked if I wanted to go work out at the gym tonight but I think if I can squeeze it in, I'd rather go walk around the school track by myself and just let myself go and focus on me. Tomorrow night I told her I would go to the gym though. I haven't done too much today so far. I got some laundry done and then we took all the kids to the lake again. My littlest just loves the water. They can actually go out quite a ways because its not very deep, so all the little ones think they are just really super cool. :cool:

We got our equalizer hitch for our truck today to tow our monster of a trailer camping next weekend. I'm looking forward to getting out of town for a couple days. I haven't gone camping since my oldest was 1 1/2. She's now almost 13. Long time. I love the mountains and the smell of the pine trees. I hope no one takes offense but I"m going to walk my little heart out while we're up there. :)

Gotta go check on some more stuff online then go make dinner. I'm doing a few price comparisons to find the cheapest textbook prices for school this fall instead of getting them on campus.

Chris

bandit2
07-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Just a quick check in to say "Hi turtles" and looks like everyone is doing great.
Hope you all enjoyed the holiday and kept somewhat OP. Chris, good choices for the bbq - good for you! When I make point-friendly food, sometimes I just don't tell it is a ww recipe - that way "jealous" people can't comment etc.

This week I am trying to drop the 1.8# I was up over the last 2 weeks. If I can do that, I will be happy. My goal also is to get back to curves and get in a few walks over the weekend.

Keep on doing well, everyone & drink your water. Bye for now.

Itryharder
07-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi Turtles,
Good to hear from you, Bandit. Love the drink your water reminder.
I'm off to more crazy business around here, but food is good and that's a huge help!
Have a great day. :dance:
Judy; Itry
234.6/214/thinner into onederland

mousie
07-06-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm getting better, Turtles. :) i'm getting up, doing a bit around the house, lying down again to let my back relax, and then doing it all again. :) So our world is slowly being pulled back into order, which is doing great for MY sense of "doing my job" and for DH's stress levels (he has an anxiety disorder, and I have to monitor his stress level very closely. This last 2.5 weeks has been very rough for us!). I'm actually getting laundry done. I had a whole pile of "machine wash separately" clothes, so I threw them all in together in their own "separate" load. :lol: And I've been doing kitchen stuff too. I've been cooking! Granted, it's the "throw it in a pot and turn on the heat" variety of cooking, but hey, it's still cooking. ;) I'm realizing that it actually takes a tremendous amount of movement to maintain a household. :strong:

Anyway. I'll find out "officially" tomorrow, but it looks like I'm down another pound this week. So I'm excited for tomorrow. :goodscale

I've also pulled together my education (gee, was I paying attention?) and have designed an HEP (home exercise program) to start saturday, which is 3 weeks post-accident. It's a later start than would be ideal, but I don't have a PT guiding and guarding me, either, so I have to effectively play both roles. So I had to wait until I knew I would be safe. C'est la vie! :)

Okay, Turtles, I'll check back in tomorrow. Keep turtle-stepping along, all! :)

Itryharder
07-06-2006, 09:48 PM
:bravo: Mousie for being able to get up and help out at home. These weeks have been tough for you and dh, but they are passing by and you'll soon be as good as new.
Take care everyone and remember to exercise and drink your water!
Judy

mousie
07-07-2006, 01:13 PM
It's official, Turtles! :cb: This morning I weighed in at 257.5--a 1.5 loss from last week, and 36.5 overall! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I woke up very sore this morning, I must have slept in an awkward position. Hmm. But I'm still able to get up and move, and I'm able to manage the pain. So life is going well, all things considered. :)

AND! AND AND AND!! My blading partner told me that she would try again! :dancer: Because DH made her think about things, she said, so she's willing to get out there and have a go at it again. YAYAYAYAYAY! :dance:

So life really IS looking up, now. :)

Have good days and weekends, Turtles! :wave:

bluestarr
07-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Okay, I want to be a turtle! I love this thread. You guys really come through for eachother and sound like a lot of fun!

As you can see on my signature, a friend and myself are joining WW together next week. I am really excited! Also, I am a little scared of faliure, but this time I really feel is different because I have a plan. The other times, I didn't have a plan. I am trying to make it to the 13th without gaining more weight. I can't allow myself to have "last pig outs" either.

If you guys have any words of wisdom, please let me know!

Take Care :-)

mousie
07-07-2006, 02:49 PM
:welcome: Bluestarr! We're always happy to have new Turtles, and we try our best to always be supportive and encouraging.

Tell us more about yourself. Who are YOU, outside of your weight? We've learned that figuring that out, and celebrating that, matters just as much as the weight loss. Probably more! Feel free to share with us. :)

As for words of wisdom, all I would offer is that there's no need to have a "last pigout". Everything is allowed in WW, if you plan for it. This is the way you live your life, not the start of a restrictive diet. :)

We're getting to be a big group now. What do you call a group of turtles? a herd? Let's go ask Google...

Google says:

"Although people who keep pet turtles tend to use the collective term 'herd' to refer to a group of turtles, the classic collective term is a 'bale of turtles.'"

Learn something new every day! :lol: Now I wish there was a Turtle smilie!

chrily
07-07-2006, 04:39 PM
I was panicking because I was gaining weight again, but just behaving for a couple days put me back to my 1.5 lb loss. So that tells me two things...I can't eat the fast food and junk food because my weight jumps right away and the second is that I CAN lose weight if I stay with it and eat healthy and exercise. My body puts on weight easy and it takes it off fairly easy too I guess. I'm just a slacker and don't like dealing with it all the time.

Welcome to the newbies. I'm not the baby member anymore. ;) I was the new girl on the block before. I just restarted WW too. I'm in the middle of my 3rd week. So hello to you all.

I gotta go give my puppy some attention. He had to spend the night at the vet and cost me a whopping $346 for his cat poop eating episode. The catboxes are out of reach and now I just have to make sure he doesn't eat anything else. The little turkey!

Chris

bluestarr
07-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Mousie and Chrily, Thank you for the welcome! I am totally excited to start the WW program. Thursday the 13th can't come any sooner!

I am considering taking "before" pics as means of motivation and reflection this week. Maybe I'll do one of those weight loss scrapbooks, to journal this journey. We'll see.

A little about me:
I am 25 (26 in a little over a month) I have been married for about 5 years, and we have a little boy who is 2. I stay at home with him, and we keep busy by going to the park, playgroups, and church activities. I like to scrapbook, karaoke, read and just be with my family and friends. I am always up for "ladies night" coffee and gabbing. Having good positive friends are important to any woman's sanity I believe. I'm pretty simple, so I guess that's me in a nutshell. :)

My reasons for losing weight are: I look pregnant, and I am not. My Dr. told me I am totally healthy except for the weight thing, and I need to lose it before getting preggers again. The biggest reason of all is obesity runs in my family, and I want to set an example for my little guy. I want him to know what it's like to have a healthy, active and happy mom. I never experienced that with my own mom, and as a kid I felt I missed out sometimes when my mom wouldn't go swimming with me, running with me, or kick the soccerball around with me (I played soccer growing up) And I listened to her complain about her fat almost everyday.

I really believe the reason I haven't been successful before is that the amount of weight I needed to lose overwhelmed me and I didn't have a game plan. Now I have a plan, and I am going in this with the mindset of getting through each week, to the next meeting...and not giving up or quitting until I hit goal.

I really appreciate this website. It helped not pig out today. Reading all these posts and some of the success stories has helped me get through the day. Thank you to everyone for posting! :)

I oughtta go and make dinner. Ya'all have a good night!!
Sarah

Itryharder
07-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Okay Herd of Turtles,
We're moving on to the next thread. This Turtle Group is hot!
Judy