Weight Loss Support - July 4 goal-1 week to go

View Full Version : July 4 goal-1 week to go

azul
06-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Okay, Ladies, one week to go. How are all of you doing? Well not good for me. I have one more pound to lose but have been trying to lose that one pound now for 3 weeks. I want to get to my goal weight. So back to the starting board.

How about you???????

SwimGirl
06-27-2006, 12:42 PM
So I was reading thru old threads and I realized that this was a 12 week challenge, and I aimed for 20 pounds.. but I'm only down 13! I'm still proud of myself, thats still over a pound a week (just barely!) I might even be down another pound by the 4th!

Whats next? I know for myself my next goal will be for August 18th (day before my birthday and day before my vacation). In an ideal world I'll be down 15 pounds, but even if I get under 220 I'll behappy :)

azul - congrats to you, you are almost at your goal :) You can totally lose 1 pound in a week, you know how to do it! I'm thinking I need to get back to taking vitamins, drinking more water, exercising and counting calories as I did in the beginning. You will do it!

How's everyone else? You know who we haven't seen in a while lumifan! Come out everyone!

-Aimee

sotypical
06-27-2006, 12:56 PM
I am doing okay, I think at the beginning I set myself a goal of 25 pounds. I have lost 15 so far and hope to be down another 2 by the end of the week. I wanted to be at 170 by July 23 but changed that to 180. That seems more doable. We shall see! I am smartning up and eating better.

azul - you are so close!! work extra hard this week!!!

softballmom
06-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Lost total of 3 out of 6 so far, but I'm playing with the same pound now. I will probably not lose three more pounds before next week, but I will get tighter on my eating and continue my daily exercise. Now that I'm closer to goal, I'm not dropping off as quickly. It's okay, just something to learn about myself and adjust.

Good luck to the rest of you!

lovemygordie
06-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone--I haven't posted in awhile because I was away visiting my family and didn't always have internet access. Unfortunately, I GAINED a pound while away...which I kind of figured was going to happen. My family is VERY food focused. I let myself have things that aren't so healthy while I was there, but tried to watch portions at least. So...I'm still 5 pounds away from my July 4 goal...guess I'm not going to lose that in a week! I need to reassess my goals and get back on track! I'd be up for another challenge. I really want to lose a decent amount of weight by Labor day weekend...a good friend of mine is getting married that Sunday and I want to get a new dress in a smaller size!

Hope everyone else is doing well...I'm a bit out of the loop because I haven't had a chance to go read the old posts yet.

sotypical
06-27-2006, 01:15 PM
lovemygordie - did you have a hard time finding your boston terrier? It looks like if I want one I am going to have to wait until the fall or next summer (I heard training in the summer is better) :( I have called so many people and emailed, it is totally crazy.

lovemygordie
06-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Hi Courtnie--

It definitely isn't easy to find a BT puppy, especially from a reputable breeder. Unfortunately, the breeder we got Gordie from was not so reputable, which we didn't really know at the time. I should have done more research into the whole process. Hopefully some of those links I sent you will be helpful!

sotypical
06-27-2006, 02:53 PM
I just saw an ad in the paper for some and I was like OMG and almost starting freaking out, but it was too good to be true. I call the number and got "this number can not be completed as dailed." I think the area code might be wrong, but they are kinda far away and selling for a lot less so if there really are some they are not a good breeder :(

la3y_un1c0rn_37
06-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Well I am 8lbs from where I wanted to be but thats ok....I still had a loss and I know it will not be the last.

I am working on the last 23 now and I need a cyber kick in the butt to get mine in gear. I dont feel like working out and I am not eating that great eather. I will be working on this the next weeks to come.

Rosario
06-27-2006, 07:06 PM
:kickbutt: there ya go La3y!!!

Don't worry about not making goals everyone. I gained 8 pounds instead of losing anything. So be grateful for that!! I changed my goal so I am going for 3 pounds by July 4th. I won't say I made this challenge, it's just my own personal thing.

But you guys are still doing great so keep it up. Hopefully more pounds will be shed by Tuesday!!!

SwimGirl
06-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Rosario - you haven't gained 8 pounds! I thought you started this challenge at 228-229? Don't worry about me not being in the 230's with you, with TOM I am hitting 230 on some mornings! TOM is a pain! OMG girl, can you not wait to never see 200 again?? I'm sick of the 2's!

la3y - 23 pounds left? You go girl!! (sorry to pull a ricky lake on yah..) How much have you lost total?

I did so good today, decent breakfast, high protein lunch, I was doing SO good, I even went for a 30 minute walk in this crazy heat! And then dinner came :( It's just too hot to cook.. so we got takeout. But I'm gonan focus on the positive, I exercised! :) I have an interview tomorrow morning, 8:30am, it's for a manager position at my current job.. not sure I want it, but I figure its better to go for it until I know exactly what I want. I'll let you know how it went tomorrow night!

-Aimee

sotypical
06-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Aimee - good luck on that interview! First thing you want to do as a manager is FIRE that girl - you know who! haha

I think I found the type of dog I want, it is called Shiba Inu (google it) - it is cute, the right size (a little big bigger), sounds like a great little dog! My aunt has a couple and tho I only seen one for a couple weeks once I remember it was a cool little dog. There is a lady here is town working on getting her female pregnant now - so she should have puppies in the winter or something! but I dunno, I could have a Boston Terrier sooner I think... I still haven't fully decided.

Rosario
06-28-2006, 03:18 PM
aimee-i thought i started at 224. i have so many challenges going on, it's hard to keep track. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE ONES, either!!! I am so excited to be down to what I was in high school (which was pretty big, but smaller than I am now). It's TOM for me too, so I guess that's why I have been feeling ball-like. How did your interview go?? And I am going to second firing that one girl too!!

courtnie-maybe you should just go to a pound and pick a dog out. you know how they say "don't try to find love, let it find you". maybe that applies to a finding a dog too. who knows, maybe one day you'll go for a walk and one will follow you home. lol

yuck....i keep catching a glimpse of myself in the windows. I am definitely looking rounder. LOL and i so wanted to wear something cute for a date with my bf on his birthday. <sigh> oh well just as long as I keep excercising and watching what goes in my mouth, i should be okay!

smell ya later!!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
06-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Well I "Ricky" I have lost 44 lbs....lol

I have had a bad last few days and I had to jump start this thing again! I got my note book out and I am logging every thing !!!!!!

I will not give up!!!

SwimGirl
06-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Alright ladies.. I was asked if I want to be the manager of my store. Which sounds better than it really is... I have to fix all the mistakes of the previous and current manager, its LOTS of works! And I'm thinking they'll pay me approx. 25,000K a year. I don't know, it's a hard decision.. and I cannot get ahold of my mom! Who I definitely need to talk to! I have been asked to apply for positions that would pay me more.. I'm torn. I'm not entirely sure about the 25K either, thats just an approximation, the actual number could be higher or even lower. I don't know!

Rosario - in high school I was 163 and wore 31 inch waist jeans.. You know, it's funny, my friend and I wore the same size and I was 163 and she was 135 pounds. I feel like I can't even do up my jeans these days, I have to awtch what I eat otherwise I really can't do them up! lol.. oh TOM.. mine ends tomorrow thank goodness :) You have such a cute face in your picture, you totally look hot!! I doubt you really are round.. our minds can play tricks on us. But drink water, it'll help make you feel less bloated.. oh, and eat asparagus, it's a natural dieurtic ( I cannot spell!).

Courtnie - I don't know if I really will fire that girl.. here's my logic.. I don't want to do retail for the rest of my life, I want bigger and better things. She doesn't seem to have those same goals.. those life-ers are the ones the company needs. But that being said.. boy I'd love to have a great staff that supports me! She was on her best behaviour today, she's starting to get that I may decide to be the manager.

la3y - wow.. 44 pounds!! Congrats! So you really know how to lose those last pounds! Whats the plan?

Alright, well I don't know if I did good or bad today, I didn't sleep much last night (had to drive the bf to work this morning at 5am).. I'm going to sleep good tonight :)

-Aimee

Rosario
06-29-2006, 09:18 AM
morning everyone!!

aimee-that's a tough decision. I think you should give it a go. If the money definitely isn't there, then you can always look for something else. But at least you'll have the manager title and experience on your resume and that's always a plus. thanks for the kind words. you are such a sweetie! :hug:

lady-wow!!! 44 pounds. congrats!!! there is no way in heck you are giving up after a loss like that. You're almost there!!!

doing good on excercise. food is another story. but I am working on it. hope everyone is well. talk to ya later!!!

purplecrush
06-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Hey all! I didnt make my goal, but its ok, its my fault. Im going to the beach on Sat, instead of Monday, im pretty excited because we will be there for 8 days, but I wont have a scale. Our hotel does have a full kitchen, so we will cook, but im not sure HOW much we will cook, really. Ya know. We are on vacation AT the beach lol
Hope everyone has a fun and SAFE 4th!!!

Oh and Aimee- Im going to to Lincoln city. I love it there. Our hotel is right on the beach, so the kids can just open up the screen door and they are right on the sand. I cant wait!!

Rosario
06-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Randee-how fun!! have a great time!!! glad ya checked in!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
06-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I think I am going to use a plate my mom gave me to eat out of....Its a plate that dad never use for his diet...it sould help me keep control of my eating....

SwimGirl
06-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Rosario - The biggest thing on my mind.. and this is kinda sad, if I take this position I have to cancel my vacation, and my brother, his gf, and my bf have all booked their days off. I had already planned the day I was going to give my 2 weeks notice, mostly because as an assistant manager I *should* be making more than 1.50 cents over min wage! I has completely made up my mind, and then the training district manager called me and was talking about how I'm an asset to the company, and all of that.. But, I don't have to do it just because I'd be good at it, right? New subject, did you watch the second episode of The Hills? Heidi is a moron! But wouldn't you love to live in a place like that? Their apt is beautiful.. oh to be rich! I've also been watching 8th and ocean, kinda liking that show, heh. You likely are NOT 235 (read it in other thread), you must be retaining water, so drink more water! We should have a water challenge, I know thats one area I REALLY need work at. Lets start that tomorrow, I'm going to start with 2L's a day!

Randee - have fun :) 8 days on the beach sounds SO nice!! Enjoy! The Oregon coast sounds beautiful, I will have to check it out sometime.

The scale this morning said 228, so it dropped 2 pounds from yesterday (I'm addicted to my scale), TOM has ended, so maybe tomorrow i'll be down to 226! :) I'll totally do it :)

I am off to work.. have a good one!

-Aimee

sotypical
06-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Aimee - I totally understand. When I worked at taco time I never really went anywhere even tho I had been there so long and I KNOW it was because they knew I wasn't going to be there for the rest of my life. You need to do what is best for you and not because of money.

Well today is a busy day. I was supposed to go to work and I got up at 5:30 and got on my bike am I am riding away. The boyfriend's aunt left at 6. And then at 7:20 just as I am getting ready to shower she bangs on my door to tell me that she 'doesn't feel well and it's going to work' so now I am like WTF I missed the bus and can't get to work. But since we get our house today I decided to stay home today and make up the hours this weekend. And I am taking tomorrow off as a vacation day. I got a few boxes packed today, like some kitchen stuff, dvd's, cds, just stuff we can go without for a few weeks. I am just waiting for my mom to call and say we have the house. My boyfriend hasnt even seen it yet!

On another very very happy note - I THINK I found a PUPPY! As most of you know I was trying sooo hard to find a boston terrier. I called like 20 people and no luck. Anyway my mom put an add in a classified's paper here looking for one and the next day she got a call! A lady not far from me excepts to have a litter ready at the end of september early october. I wanted my puppy now but I can deal with that. She sounds like she rasies great little puppies and this is only her second litter. I haven't seen the parents yet so I haven't fully commited to a puppy but I am excited cuz she lives like on a little island (not very far at all!). I just jump on a ferry and I am there in like 20 min I think. Anyway I am super excited!

But this is far too long, I shall check in later. It is going to be busy for the next couple days and our internet gets shut off tomorrow (it has to change names) I might get it back right after but I dunno. So I MIGHT be gone for the next few days. But I will be weighing in on SAT and HOPE HOPE to see a loss!!!

Have a great day everyone!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
06-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Good luck with that loss!!!! And have a great time with the house!

Rosario
06-29-2006, 03:04 PM
aimee--I love the Hills!!! did they just air the 2nd episode up in canada? because down here they/re on the 4th or 5th one. hmmmm. and what's wrong with Heidi? my friends said she was dumb too but what is she dumb/moron about? i don't get it. I love my MTV!!! If you take the position as manager couldn't you say you have prior commitments and you need that time off? Just because you take a high position doens't necessarily mean yo will be there forever. Totally depends on the person. I think it would be good experience for you and like I said, it looks good on your resume. But it is totally up to you and if you don't think it is worth it (i.e. the stress, income, etc.) then don't take it and start looking for something you want to do.

courtnie-you are so lucky to be moving out away from your bf's family. i remember when my bf and I finally moved out of his parents house. it was pure bliss!!! that's great news about the puppy search. I hope it all works out in the end for you!!

SwimGirl
06-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Rosario - In the first episode where she got Lauren in trouble by showing up at that party? And then after she said not to sit in that area and they did anyways.. And I was noticing in the 3rd episode she doesn't go to work at her dream job. If I got my dream job at 19, I'd be there every second of every day! I had hoped not to do another christmas in retail, I'm tired of spending christmas away from my family.. as management I am required to work christmas eve, boxing day (dec 26th), as well as either new years eve or new years day. We'll see, every second I change my mind.. lol. Okay, I'm gonna drink 2 L's of water today!! Wish me luck.. heh..

Courtnie - Woohoo on the puppy news! And that it's so close is great! Have you heard about the house yet? Have you started moving in yet? I love moving, it's kinda weird!

I have today off, so the bf and I are heading to the beach for the day. :) TOM has ended, and its hot.. it can't get any better than that! Have a good one!

-Aimee

sotypical
06-30-2006, 06:01 PM
I am at the new house now! Busy taking wall paper down and cleaning. Yesterday was insane, I got up at 5:30 thinking I was going to work. So I did my bike for 80 min. And then found out I wasn't going to work. Then I cleaned a bunch and packed and went swimming. I put it all into fitday (and assuming everything is wrote) and burned like 1500 calories! haha But I haven't been eating that healthy, chips, donuts, pizza, lol. It's hard to eat healhty with an empty fridge.

The new house is going to be great, there was a guy here today filling holes in the walls so they can paint next week. My step dad wants to have us move in next Saturday! I can't wait! I still have tons more packing but its okay. We are going to hire a landscaper to come tidy up the gardens, they are some beautiful ones with TONS of roses - pink, red, yellow, orange, so many!! I want to pick some but I have nothing to pick with and nothing to put them in :(

I called my dad and told him to come back and check out the house and then told him we can go to the lake. I hope he listens otherwise I am stuck here till 11. I have TV and Intnernet - shaw came today and hooked it all up. No internet at our other place right now, and it probably wont get hooked back up for a day or two. So I might not be able to post my weigh in tomorrow morning. It might have a wait a couple days! :(

sotypical
07-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Well tomorrow is the 4th, hope everyone is doing well. Looks like no loss for me again this week. I had a HORRIBLE weekend, I REALLY need to smarten up!!!!

lovemygordie
07-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Well tomorrow is the 4th, hope everyone is doing well. Looks like no loss for me again this week. I had a HORRIBLE weekend, I REALLY need to smarten up!!!!

Ditto to that! I hope everyone is doing well. I definitely didn't make my goal, but like Courtnie said, it's time for me to smarten up! I need to recommit to eating well and exercising. I just set some new goals for myself and really want to stick with it this time!

sotypical
07-03-2006, 05:20 PM
So I just weighed again and I am down. I thought I was down but could never get the scale to show it on my way in day, partly because of what I was eating but I also wasn't really home.

Even though it is not my weigh in day should I count it? What do you guys think?

So after such a horrible weekend (camping is evil) I am going to stay at 1500 calories or less all this week. As well as do my 60-80 min on my bike. I have to smarten up, this is stupid. I did good for a couple days and then I totally blew it on the weekend.

The scale will drop again next week - well I am going to work my *** off and keep my fingers crossed.

Anyway should I count today's loss? In some ways I think I should, I know it was there on my weigh in day I just couldn't see it (cuz of water weight, and I wasn't home to weigh at the same time I normally weigh). But a part of me says its not fair! haha

Hope everyone had a great long weekend! I had 5 days off, yaaaaah!

sotypical
07-04-2006, 01:01 PM
I have decided to count my loss - so I am down 1.4 giving me a total of 16.4 for this challenge! Hope everyone else is doing well!

SwimGirl
07-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Courtnie - I would totally count the loss as well.. thats a great loss for the challenge!

So what should be the next challenge? I'm going to a wedding July 12th, and I *gotta* look good!! I need to buy a new outfit, and then a week later I am off on vacation! Phew, this summer is going fast, eh?

-Aimee

sotypical
07-04-2006, 02:48 PM
This summer is going by SOOOO fast. I can't believe it is less then 20 days till my birthday! All I wanted for my birthday was a puppy, and now I found one that I will have 5 days after my birthday. But now that I found like puppy I am like GAAAH and now I am doubting myself :( I guess its just once I say I want a dog, thats it, I have a dog and I can't change my mind! And I dunno if I am SURE if I want a boston terrier... I thought I was sure, but I don't know anymore :( I think I was just too stressed out and now that it is over, its like... weird.

Where is everyone?

We definatly need a new challenge. What's coming up? Hallowe'en? Labour Day?

softballmom
07-05-2006, 07:59 AM
How did everyone do for this challenge?

I made it! It was hard though and I really didn't think I would. In fact, I still feel like it is a fluke and I will wake up in a few days and find it not to be true. But for now I'm rolling in the Happy. I'm going on vacation next week so I'm really concerned that these last few pounds will find me again. I'll just use this fear as a good motivation though.

Good luck to everyone on their continued journeys!

Rosario
07-05-2006, 09:48 AM
hey everybody!!!

softballmom-awesome job!!! and congrats on the 33 pounds you've lost so far. youre doing great!!!

how did everyone else do??

I am sad to see this challenge end. so i say we definetly get a new one going. i think Labor day would be a good one. do all of you up in canada observe that day?? It's September 4th so everybody think of your goals and if you want to participate in this one. I hope everyone does cause ya'll have been fun to lose weight with. lol

aimee-summer is defintely going by superfast. it's almost august!! yikes. a weddding sounds like fun. you get to dress up and be all girlie. i wish someone in my family or one of my friends would get married already so I can have one to go to. and i missed that first episode of the hills so I didn;t see what a b**** heidi is. but tonite its on so I'm looking forward to it!! how sad, i get way too excited over tv shows!!

courtnie-hey it's almost time for to move in. good luck!! i helped the in-laws move all their crap out of storage into their new townhome and boy, was it tough!!! they still aren't out of my apt :( but they will defintely be out by this weekend. woo hoo!! I bet you are all excited about picking out furniture and colors and that fun stuff. i love that kind of stuff. me and the bf are going to go shopping for furniture for the office and all the other thigns that are missing for the apartment. I am going to have a blast. and don't worry about the dog. it'll all work out in the end.

hop eeverybody enjoyed this challange and is up for the new one!!! take care!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
07-05-2006, 10:10 AM
I am posting my lost....I made it to 196....I was 5 lbs off from my goal but I did good. I will keep working on this!

SwimGirl
07-05-2006, 11:00 AM
I totally didn't make it, I jumped on the scale this morning, even tho I am bloated, very unpleasant! I'm going to be a good girl this week.. lose the 2 pounds I'm holding on to.

Rosario - I am excited for The Hills tonight too! It's only our 3rd episode tonight.. I believe Lauren gets the call from Jason tonight.. curious to see how that goes. I mean they've been spotted everywhere together since the show ended, so I guess we know how it turns out.

la3y - you are so close to your goal.. thats pretty exciting :)

I'll see you ladies over at the new thread..

-Aimee

lovemygordie
07-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I already posted in the new challenge thread but I thought I would post over here, too. I didn't make the challenge...I'm at 160 and was hoping to be at 150. I talked about the biggest thing I did wrong in my post in the other thread, which is starting to eat unhealthy foods as a reward for starting to lose weight! Anyway...I'm back on track for the new challenge...see you all in the other thread!