Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies (#80)

4myloves
06-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!! Don't forget to go back to thread #79 to catch up!

chrily
06-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Morning ladies....

Everyone must be sleeping in??? ;) Yesterday I stay OP with my WW and did 35 min. on the treadmill and did some weights. I just have to tell ya...because I think its funny. I went with my sister again, and I was kind of watching her out of the corner of my eye. I knew what she would do and I just had to see it. She looked over and looked at the display on my treadmill and saw that I was burning more, so she cranked up her speed right away and jogged. I still burnt more. She just doesn't get it. A person who weighs more, burns more. I walked at 3.4 mph at an incline of 3 to 7.8 and burned more than she did jogging without an incline at 5 mph. She is just super competitive. Now I know why my other sister says she hates working out and doing things with JEn. She's even a little miffed that I made it on the dean's list for our spring semester at MSU and she didn't. :smug:

Well gotta work on the laundry and get going. Since Nicole is feeling better we are going to eat lunch at the park and go to the swimming pool. She had breathing problems yesterday and the day before but the albuterol makes her sick. What fun!

Chris

ShelleyM
06-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Janice-WTG!! You have really lost quite a bit!

4myloves
06-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Chris,
I want to join the gym! Reading your posts makes me gym-sick!!! I think the whole thing with your sister is funny (although I know it must be really annoying for you!). I'm the "competitive" one in our family---but I don't take it that far!

Hello to everyone!!!!!! :wave:

Miss you Gayle!

Cheryl

chrily
06-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Cheryl...it's been kind of tense with my sister but when I saw her do that last night, I just wanted to laugh out loud. It was hard to keep that one in. I do think she may be jealous to a point because its hard to look at the difference in our body sizes and that I can keep up with the rest of the skinny chicks...esp her. :D Just wish the weight would disappear. I was so happy about lifting weights last night. We hadn't done it for almost 2 months and I thought I had lost alot of muscle tone but I found my weight lifting card in the file and checked it against what I was doing last night and I haven't changed. That was nice to know.

Well gotta go. The swimming pool is calling. Me and Mrs. Competitive are taking all the kids to park for lunch and then to the swimming pool for a while. That's 8 kids worth. Wish me luck! ;)

Chris

4myloves
06-27-2006, 01:35 PM
That's 8 kids worth. Wish me luck!

LUCK!!!! (and LOTS of it!!!)

chrily
06-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the luck....

It actually went good but man is it hard to keep track of them all in a pool of what seemed like a sea of 1,000 little people heads. We made it home with all the kiddos accounted for and Nicole is sleeping off her day. SO that is good. She's still breathing a little hard so the rest will do her good. WHen she wakes up, I'll give her a breathing treatment and she should be set for the rest of the night.

Check back in a while...

chris

ShelleyM
06-28-2006, 05:55 AM
Ladies, I feel like I lost my best friend yesterday. I went to the podiatrist, and he told me I can't run for 4-6 weeks. I am going to try and bike on Patty's old bicycle, but it's just not the same. I am so depressed over this. I normally earn 35-40 AP's every week from running. The weight and exercise benefit is just 2nd to the fact of the mental solitude it gives me. What am I going to do? My foot is wrapped up. I have plantar facitis and a bone spur. I also have to take Celebrex. He said I can't walk either. Oh, and I have to wear enclosed shoes, which I don't have any that I can just wear around other than my ugly running shoes. I am so bummed!

coles
06-28-2006, 07:11 AM
Shelley - I can imagine how upset you must be. Running is such a big part of your life. You have to get well first. Have to listen to the doc. Are you having surgery? I don't know too much about what you have. Is it caused by something? Hang in there girl!

chrily
06-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Shelley...
So sorry to hear about your foot. I know it's very disheartening but get that foot healed up and you'll be up and around in no time. :) I know how depressing it can be when you get limited on the things you love to do. ((HUGS)) :hug: Keep your chin up and stay strong.

chris

4myloves
06-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Shelley, girl, I feel for you! Please do what the doctor tells you to, though--you don't need to do permanent damage to that foot!!! I know that part of your worries stems from the fear that you'll find it difficult to resume running regularly when the 4-6 weeks are up. Try not to worry about that because WE ARE HERE TO KEEP YOU MOTIVATED!!!!

I had my yearly dr's exam yesterday and I'm depressed now. My ob/gyn asked me if I had considered gastric bypass surgery to lose wieght. I'm telling you all, if that isn't a slap in the face that you need to lose weight then NOTHING IS!!! I am so in shock that she even suggested that--I've always considered that a last resort for "FAT" (sorry) people who couldn't lose weight--so basically, she told me that I'm "FAT." I wish I could more adequately describe how that made me feel, but I can't.

I am definately re-joining the gym NEXT WEEK. I'm going to try to go every day after work. I may not be able to go regularly until my summer class ends on August 3rd, but I HAVE TO JOIN NOW!!!!! Have too.

Sigh. :(

LindaB763
06-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Shelley,

Sorry to hear that the doctor has limited you so much. I don't run (boobs would black my eyes! ;) ) so I can't relate. But I can relate if I was told I couldn't dance! :mad:

Hang in there. :hug:

LindaB763
06-28-2006, 12:12 PM
I had my yearly dr's exam yesterday and I'm depressed now. My ob/gyn asked me if I had considered gastric bypass surgery to lose wieght. I'm telling you all, if that isn't a slap in the face that you need to lose weight then NOTHING IS!!! I am so in shock that she even suggested that--I've always considered that a last resort for "FAT" (sorry) people who couldn't lose weight--so basically, she told me that I'm "FAT." I wish I could more adequately describe how that made me feel, but I can't.

Wow, sorry to hear that your doctor suggested that. Did you tell her that you are against it? My best friend had that surgery about three years ago and lost 146 pounds. She is super tiny now (Size 0/1) and I think she looks bad. A 12-year old has more curves than she does. She didn't exercise along the way and her legs look like chicken neck skin (my daughter's phrase) and are saggy. I would rather shed mine slowly and keep the firmness of my skin than to look like that.

I wouldn't give that another thought and you rejoin that gym and stay OP and show her you can do it without the surgery. We're here to help you! :hug:

ShelleyM
06-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Cheryl-How awful of your dr. to say such a thing. Sounds like she has no bedside manner. I would be switiching drs. immediately! I have a friend that had the surgery years ago, and to this day she can't eat more than a little bit of food at one sitting. She is still quite large though, so surgery is not always the answer. Yes, you are right. I am afraid that I won't get back into the running habit again after not doing it for so long.

4myloves
06-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Quick shout-out to the ladies in the NE area---Debbi, Suzy and Erin (if you ever lurk)-------------------

Hope you're all warm (but not too warm) and dry where ever you are! :sunny:

Please be careful up there! :hug:

Love ya,

Cheryl

chrily
06-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Cheryl-Some doctor's can be so heartless. If she is truly that concerned about your weight, she could have approached it a bit different. I have the opposite problem around here. I can't get one doctor to tell me that they are concerned about my weight. Sometimes I wish one would just come out and say it...just to see if they would.

Well chin up and stay strong!

chris

ShelleyM
06-29-2006, 05:22 AM
Dee-Where are you? I need your help your sympathy about not being able to run. What am I going to do? I can't swim because my foot is wrapped in something that I can't get wet. Give me some ideas, other than biking. I am going to do that, but I feel my thighs growing as we speak!

SuzyMc
06-29-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm sorry, I haven't intended to be MIA...it's just been a really busy week here!

The flooding all around us is horrible! Places just a couple hours from here like Binghamton, NY and Wilkes-Barre, PA were all over the national news and weather channel yesterday and they are still reporting on it today. There are more roads closed here than open and most every county is under a state of emergency. Our immediate area is ok though...just minor flooding. We have water in our basement, but that's nothing new for us. The sun was out most of the day yesterday except for a strong storm that moved through around 9:00 last night. The sun is back out this morning, so hopefully that will help dry things out today. I'm going to try and cut grass today at Tim's aunt's house, her yard has a lot of hills and not many low spots, so I'm hoping it will be dry enough to cut. We had trees cut down in our yard earlier in the week, but the rain has kept us from being able to finish the clean up, so we have a lot to do here before I can cut our grass again. Our yard is too wet to cut today anyway.

Shelley ~ I'm so glad you went to the doctor and now have a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. Do follow the doctor's orders so that you can get better! You don't want to do anything that is going to slow the process down. I would think that biking would be a good substitute for running...that will take the stress off of your heel and still workout your legs!

Cheryl ~ I admire you for sticking to your plan and losing the weight in the way that is going to be best for you! I know that there are some people whose only alternative is surgery, but I really do believe that diet and exercise is the best way to take weight off and keep it off. Keep at it and show your doctor how it's done! :hug:

Chris ~ Sounds like your sister is going to try and one up you no matter what you do. I think you would be best to overlook the things she does the best you can and just keep on doing as you have been. You're off to a great start, don't let her undo everything that you have done so far!

Janice ~ How are you doing towards your goal? You are getting so close...

Does anyone have anything special planned for the weekend and 4th of July? We have a picnic to go to on the 4th, but that's about all we have planned.

Deelite
06-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Gayle where the heck are you? Did you find a few cowboys to take you away?

Sherry are you teasing us by posting a couple of times and wandering away? We need you girl.

Shelley I have been thinking about what to say to you for the last few days. I know that you understand that I can sympathize with you. It is one of the worst things that can happen. I know because we are both addicted to exercise. Not too many people know this about us or could understand. To quite cold turkey is like taking away out life. I have been there I know that. You just have to focus on knowing that there is an end in site. The best thing for your body is to take time off for it to heal. I know that this is not going to happen for six weeks, you will probably only go the four weeks. I don't think that you will be able to make it that long. The only other exercise besides biking I can think of you to do is an elliptical machine where you aren't pounding down on your heel. You can still get the runners high from that but it isn't the same. It is going to be tough because we both manage our weight by increasing our exercise when we over eat. I know I also do it to relieve stress as I am sure that you do too. Shelley hang in there and do what the doctor ordered or it will be a longer time. I know that hearing this must make you feel like crying but it is only a short time in your life even though it feels like forever. Maybe just knowing that I understand what you are going through will help a little bit. I love you.

Larry went out of town this morning and won’t be back til tomorrow after lunch. It is our long weekend this weekend so he is off at noon tomorrow. We have a family reunion to go to on Sunday but the rest of the weekend is open. We will probably go to the beach one day and Larry will probably finish taping a mudding our Garden Room. I think that is what we are going to call it. Any other suggestions? It looks out on to my garden, it has a double garden door and a large picture window on the other wall. We already have a sunroom so I can’t call it that.

I am sorry girls but I am off again. I am going downtown to get weighed in at ww’s for my monthly. Take care.

ShelleyM
06-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Dee-Thanks for your sympathy. I know you understand! Enjoy your weekend.

Sherry
06-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Hello :wave:

I'm here Dee!! I've been sort of bored this summer because I couldn't find anything to do here. Well guess what??! I found a local swimming pool! I just got home. It's about 2 miles from me. I did lots of exercises and got lots of sun.I still haven't meet anyone here though :( I know the neighbors on both sides of me. One couple is much older then us but very nice,country folks. The other neighbors and about Wayne & my age,super nice but she hates the heat & sun and stays in all day! :lol:

I also have been going to the town square (about a mile from me) and I walk EVERYDAY!!! A sign says 10 laps is a mile. I have been walking 1/2 mile (5 laps) but I walked 6 laps today!! :cp: Hopefully I'll be up to a mile by next week!!

Shelley,
Bless your heart!!! I'm so,so sorry. I know how upset you are about not running. But remember...it's only temporary!!!! Just think, If you hadn't of gone to the doctor and kept running, you might have got to the point of NEVER being able to run again.Look at it that way. Can you do exercise videos in your living room? Keep your chin up. I know it will all work out. Love ya! :hug:

Where's Gayle? Are you not coming back because I came back??!! :lol:

Got to go push mow the yard now...
Later!! :wave:

gdeann
06-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Hi girls! I only have a few minutes to post! Lightening hit our home & wiped out the puter, TV, etc. so this is the first opportunity I have had to get on the net. Posting from MIL's computer. I will be up & running soon I hope! I will try to be back within the next few days so I can read all the happenings! Take care, love you, miss you!!!

ShelleyM
06-30-2006, 06:26 AM
Sherry-I'm so proud of you for walking and swimming! Keep it up.

Oh, did I tell you the stupid thing the podiatrist's nurse said to me? When I was so upset about running and the fact that I may gain weight, she said can't you just maybe eat less? What an idiot!! Speaking of idiots, Mike mentioned that since I won't be running, I may want to cut back on my salads. Hello??? Iceberg lettuce = very little calories. I always use ff dressing too.

Gayle-Sorry to hear about your computer. Hope you are back up soon.

LindaB763
06-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Oh, did I tell you the stupid thing the podiatrist's nurse said to me? When I was so upset about running and the fact that I may gain weight, she said can't you just maybe eat less?

I bet this obviously came from someone who has never had a weight problem in her life?!? Some people just don't get it.

I had my WI last night. Down another 1.2 pounds!! :carrot: I told my friend and her B/F that I wanted to lose another 23 pounds and they looked at me like I was crazy! She said, "You're gonna start looking bad if you get down too skinny so you need to stop now." I thought, "I COULD ONLY DREAM!" :dizzy: According to my family doctor, I need to weigh around 150 so that's what I'm going for.

Sherry
06-30-2006, 09:39 AM
WTG Linda!!!!!! :cp: :carrot:

ShelleyM
06-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Yay, Linda!!!

chrily
06-30-2006, 11:38 AM
WTG LINDA! :carrot:

Shelley, couldn't you just kill everyone who says that! I'm with ya on that one. Like Linda said, anyone who says that probably hasn't been overweight a day in their life. They just don't get it!

Well I stayed OP yesterday as far as food is concerned but I just can't get motivated to "MOVE" !!!! I don't know what to do. Exercising to me is as excruciating mentally as going to the dentist or the Gyno. Hate all of it! Wish I could figure out something. Hubby keeps saying he needs to exercise but the farthest he gets is lifting his finger to change the channel on the remote.

Chris

LindaB763
06-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Exercising to me is as excruciating mentally as going to the dentist or the Gyno. Hate all of it! Wish I could figure out something.

Chris,

I know just what you mean. I HATE to exercise. I looked around and found things that I do like to do. I LOVE to dance. Doesn't matter what kind. Anything that gets me moving. Or I walk at the mall or the college in the A/C! Swimming is good right now.

chrily
06-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Everyone seems to enjoy swimming. I never got to learn. I can't seem to find any adult swim classes around either. God, I would love to be out there with everyone...I just have to settle for wading in so far. Sometime I'd also love to get my hubby to dance classes but he's a shy one also. At my daughters' dance studio they attend, they offer adult hip hop and jazz dance classes. My sisters' and I always joke about doing it, until we saw the performance of the ones that took it last year. OMG...I wouldn't be caught dead in those outfits. I'd have to squeeze into one like a sausage and then perform in front of an audience.. AHHHH.....No!

Chris

Lynneye
07-01-2006, 06:42 AM
Sorry I have been missing this past week. It has been crazy here. I am staying at a friends for the next couple of weeks, she is taking a cruise and I am dog sitting. So trying to get things together for that. Also, had a medical scare and was at the dr.'s for appointment. I was getting dizzy during exercise, and felt faint. Luckily, it is an inner ear thing and easily fixed. I am still haveing a stress test on Monday, but I am fine.

Suzy, hope you are drying out. I can't believe the flooding in that area! Hope the clean up is coming along!

Shelley, take care of the foot, you don't want it getting worse. I can't believe how much better my foot is, when I use the inserts. They really help. How is the biking, do you like it any better?

Chris, Sounds like your sister is jealous and it is not going to change. Keep looking for some form of exercise you enjoy doing! If you like to dance, try looking for some videos or DVD's. You could do it at home, alone, maybe get the kids to dance around the living room with you? Might be fun!

Gayle, hope the computer issue is resolved soon! I hate being without a computer!!

WTG Linda! I agree go for a weight you and your Dr. settled on, not someone else.

Hope everyone has a great fourth of July!

chrily
07-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Lynneye...I've been scanning ebay for a good dance video. It would be kind of fun to do and learn. I did mess around learning some Indian dance on the FIT TV channel. That was fun and I really enjoyed it. I kind of want to learn hip hop or belly dancing would be awesome too.

Chris

Lynneye
07-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Chris, try collage video, they only sell execise videos and their little stories about the videos are really accurate. They tell you how long the warm up is, what the actual video is, and then how long cool down is. You can search for only dance, or only belly dance, whatever. Also what level you are, beginner, intermediate, advanced.

chrily
07-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Lynneye....I checked out collage video and I found some dvd's I'd like to try. The one's I have been curious about have really good reviews and most everyone seems pleased with them. I did want to try hip hop dance but the reviews for those kind of videos are less than bad. OH well.

Not much going on today. Doing more laundry. The story of my life. DH came home for lunch and asked what I was doing today and I told him...not much. There's just nothing going on. His reply (God help him if he was totally serious) was I could clean the house. DIE DIE DIE. :mad: :mad: I have been cleaning..and doing laundry...and taking care of the kids.

Back to the business of doing more work and maybe reading another chapter in my book.

CHris

ShelleyM
07-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi Debi! Sorry about your vertigo. I have it sometimes, and it's the pits.

Chris-I have bought quite a few videos from Collage. They are great to deal with.

The foot is still hurting. I hope the biking is okay for it. It's been tough to keep it from getting wet in the shower, though. I usually wrap a towel around it then a plastic bag and use a hair elastic to hold everything up. Today I got some water on the bottom of the bandage and it loosened up some. I have a sock on over it to keep it in place. What a pain in the behind!

Gayle-I hope you get your computer fixed. We need to know just what went on with those cowboys!

SuzyMc
07-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Wow! I nearly had a stroke just now when I scrolled down to where McSkinney's usually is and it wasn't there! :eek: It might have been nice if the admins had let us know in advance that there was going to be a format change. :dz:

Things were starting to dry out pretty good here, but it's raining again this morning. Seems like we can't win here! I hope everyone is having a good weekend! What does everyone have planned for the 4th...anything special?

LindaB763
07-02-2006, 07:02 PM
I did the same thing when I couldn't find the forum but then I remembered they had posted an announcement thing saying they were moving everything.

Not sure what I have planned for the 4th yet. I was invited to go tubing and skiing on the river but not sure if I'm up to the whole bathing suit around strangers thing yet or not. Guess I could do the shirt and shorts thing.

I had a great weekend with plenty of dancing! We went out of town on Saturday night to a dance club and it was awesome. We rarely sat down. We walked in the door and went straight to the dance floor. Ahhh, I love nights like that! I hope I burnt off at least 3 pounds! ;)

chrily
07-02-2006, 11:39 PM
What a bad weekend. Yesterday I sat home because I had no where to go and no one to see so I ate my way through the day. Then today was the annual family picnic. Ummm...I ate way too much again. So this whole weekend was a bust. Tomorrow its back on the wagon and staying on it.

ALmost scared to weigh in on Tuesday, but I made some bad choices and I guess I'll just have to own up to them.

Chris

ShelleyM
07-03-2006, 05:49 AM
Chris-Just make sure you get right back OP today, and you may be up a bit, but next week you'll be back down.

I have been proud of myself staying OP.

4myloves
07-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Hey all!! Glad you found our new home!

Chris, don't worry about one day---just don't let it turn into a week! :)

Shelley, glad to hear you're making it without running. I must have missed the post where you said you couldn't get your foot wet. Is it in a cast?

All you dancers.....You make me tired just READING your posts! Whew!

Cheryl

Sherry
07-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Good Morning!! :wave:

Just a quick post. I'm going to Walmart and then go swimming and get lots of laps in on this HOT,HOT :hot: day!!

I lost another 3 lbs. this morning!!!! :carrot: A total of 10 lbs!!!

Have a great day. Stay cool!! :cool:

4myloves
07-03-2006, 10:57 AM
You know, really, the thing I don't like about this is that I can't tell if there are new posts within our thread until I click on it.

LindaB763
07-03-2006, 11:03 AM
You know, really, the thing I don't like about this is that I can't tell if there are new posts within our thread until I click on it.

Me either. I do a lot of scanning and scrolling!

ShelleyM
07-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Yay Sherry! 10 lbs lost already. You rock!!