Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chit Chat #200!!!!

Marti
06-27-2006, 04:20 AM
Hello and Welcome to the Jaded Ladies. :wave:

We are a group of ladies that come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles :ebike:, and we also find time for some chitchatting! :gossip:

So please, won't you join us? :grouphug:

Marti
06-27-2006, 04:23 AM
Hello ladies!! :wave:

Just a quicky here as I should be in bed. It's been TOO hot here in Oregon! Up to the 100's. Very bizarre!!

Just wanted to say hello and to let you know I haven't forgotten about you all....just taking it easy and trying to stay cool. (as I sit here in a pool of sweat!)

I'll catch up more when it cools off a bit.

Hugs to all!!:hug:

jules1216
06-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Good Morning--quickie post before starting my day. The anxiety pill is making much more calmer--if I can just make it until my co-worker/friend makes it back at least part-time I will be okay.

DD & her friend have painted their little house--I saw the color samples but not the finished product yet. DD's friend is a art major and has a good eye for color. DD's bedroom is blue of course, DD's friend bedroom is a rose color, The bathroom will be decorated with rubber ducky's--(DD already has shower curtain and some accessories)-They painted the walls blue and the cabinents Yellow & got a border with ducky's. The kitchen is a pale yellow that they liked better on the sample paper--the say it looks white not yellow--they are deciding to go with a darker yellow or go dramatic with turquoise to match DD's turquoise and lime color dishes. The living room is a pretty coral color and I forget the color of the dining/computer/study room. The place needs a little work since it is older. DH is concerned that some of the locks on the windows don't work so he is going to fix those since they are all on ground level and the breaker box is actually outside so he wants to put a lock on it too so only the girls can get into it. He is buying Geneva a taser like the one he got for DD. His main concern is that since it is older--will the girls have problems--DD smiled and hugged him and said that's why she has him!! The landlord is older and actually installed a better deadbolt lock on the back door and is getting a deadbolt & chain for the front one--he wants the girls to be safe. The house had been empty for awhile and a bunch of guys from the college lived there before. The yard needs some work so we will go over on Friday and clip,weed whack & mow again. The landlord paid someone to do it, but it was not done very well or finished. Anything the girls (or we) do will get knocked off the security deposit. At the rate we are going he will owe them.
Well I gotta go!!

Sassy_Chick
06-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Good Mornin' Ladies. :)

Yes its me, Sassy, I hope you remember me. lol. I have just been busy working and all. Some stuff has been going on again at work, but I addressed it. :smug:

I have to admit I have been a bit down :( lately. Crying over stupid, stuipd things too. :cry: I don't understand it. No its' not my TOM either. Just feel well, sad :(.

Also my eating is totally out of control too. I just want to eat everything in site lately! I want to exercise, but I have no motivation. I know it would be good for me, not only for the WL factor, but for the feeling blue factor as well, but for some reason I can't get motivated.

I just feel, well, alone. :cry: I know that seems funny to say when I'm happily married, but I just do. I have no girlfriends to hang out with, I work with mostly guys at work, don't really see any of my other friends I used to see because of my shift and working weekends.

Infact one of our friends we haven't seen in months called tonight asking if we were mad at them. Hub talked to the husband. He told him we have been working and with our schedule its tough to see anybody because most people work days M-F.

I know we need the money and I don't mind my job even though it has its moments. (what job doesn't though!) But sometimes I regret getting back into the workforce. I know I finally found a job that I can do without my back killing me. (spinal injury) But sometimes I wonder if its worth it. Just feels so lonely. :kickcan:

Well I guess I should end this before I depress everybody! lol. But I thought I should come and say that I am still alive and kicking.

I hope everybody understands why I've been MIA. Also I hope its okay to just post here as I really am not up to posting in all the threads I usually participate in..................So :wave: to anybody out there and sorry I've been MIA.

Have a Great Day.

Cafe Ole
06-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Hi All! Sassy... don't feel bad at all, when I get the chance I pop in here, it is a rare thing this week. I have 205 students coming tomorrow and it is just a madhouse here. I am beyond whipped! I have my countdown for 3 more days until my vacation on the beach & I will really miss you all for a week! No way am I taking a phone or a computer, don't even want to see one while I am gone LOL

Your friends will understand!! You will get together with them when you can. On the girlfriend thing, I can relate. The girls I work with are all back stabbers & talk behind your back, I don't trust any of them, very sad. I don't have GF either, mostly because I have been hurt in the past more by women than men. I do have you guys though so that helps!

chin up girl it will be ok! How long have you been on this shift - maybe just need time to adjust to the change? How long have you felt this way, maybe ask Dr for assistance? I took Wellbutrin and that helped my mood tremendously! I tried Zoloft but I was spaced out.:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Cafe Ole
06-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi All -- sorry I wanted to post that for Sassy :)

Ok -- I am nutso, I have 205 students coming in tomorrow and I am exhausted. They aren't officially here yet and they are already driving me nutso. My gf in Korea is freaking out (she just took a job there and let's just say she is having a full dose of major culture shock).

My 3 day countdown is on! It seems like everytime I try to log on here the phone rings or someone walks in (you know cause I am at work when I do this so work really interrupts my postings LOL.

Have a super fab day all !!!

Sassy_Chick
06-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Hi and Thanks Robin.

I appreciate your support. :hug: I've been on this shift for 7 months now. I just think its the "isolation". I mean I have people around me, but like I said they are all men. I just feel like the world is flying by me and I'm asleep the whole time! lol.

I've been feeling this way hmmmmmmm. I guess at least a few months now. But I have my highs and lows. Right now I'm at a low. I was on Wellbutrin a while back and it helped, but then I started to feel better and got off of it. I guess I could go back on it, but I really would like to figure out the problem and not just medicate it. Not that there is anything wrong with medication, just I would really like to try to fix it without it first. ;)

I haven't had much luck with women friends either. I've always seemed to get along better with men for some reason. :shrug: But sometimes I miss being around women because of being surrounded by men all the time. I think they tend to forget that I'm even a woman and it makes me feel invisible at times.

Have fun tomorrow with all your students and on your vacation!

Marti
06-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Another quicky for me!

They have changed my hours at work until further notice. I'll work from 11:00-7:30. Which I really love!! But it's only temporary....at least until the end of July. So I'll take it. Jhanai has been staying here since Friday......love having her here!!

Jules--Glad the pills are helping you and that you're feeling better! How fun for your DD to decorate her home! I love the ducky theme for the bathroom!:)

Sassy--Don't you worry at all if you can't get on here everyday. You just pop in when you get the chance and talk about anything you want when you do, ok? I'm sorry you're feeling so down. I can understand how you feel too. I've felt that way many times since my DH has went to work for the RR. He's gone most times, and I don't go out w/any gals either. And believe me, lonliness can really hurt sometimes! So just know we're here for you and we all send you big hugs! :hug:

Robin--205 students? What are they coming for? (If I missed it somewhere I apologize!) I can just hear them now!!:dizzy: I watched Hells Kitchen last night and they had a group of kids come in for lunch.......boy was it noisy!

Good morning to the rest of you gals! :wave:

Well I'm hoping I have no typing errors and I'm typing as fast as I can! Must get a move on!!

Hugs to you all an I'll check in after work if it's cool enough!

jules1216
06-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Sassy--sorry your feeling so alone :( , :hug: from me!! I worked with mostly men when I sanded kitchen cabinets--the women were already formed into their closeknit cliques. Fortunately--alot of the guys were ones I was friends with in highschool and my big brother worked there too.

Marti--DS let DD put up her shower curtain (complete w/ducky hangers) in the apartment they shared--but he says he draws the line at his girlfriends hot pink bathroom......he wants to put his black shower curtain back up.

Robin--:yikes: 205 kids!!! coworker went with military hubby to Korea while he was stationed there--she said once you get used to it--it is a friendly and beautiful country.

Gotta go!

Cafe Ole
06-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Sassy psst...are you anywhere near Lansing, MI?

Marti...Oh lordy I work at a University in the Admissions department. This year we admitted 205 (used to be 125) UGH.. They all come in tomorrow for Orientation. I feel like a total lunatic (I told my dh I feel like we are all animals in a zoo and I am requesting my own cage!)

Jules... this is a great break to be on here at the moment. My gf has a live journal (blog) set up and her posts are a major riot. She is trying but I have these visuals - she is a crazy woman what can I say. I am waiting for photos though!

:dizzy: me now

:D me in 3 days!

Jane
06-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Hiya ladies,

Angie - how are you doing with finding the missing person? I worry about you when you're working as a PI, missy. Be careful out there. Wow, where did you ever find a tea cart like that? How cool! I think you ought to get some aqua towels or rugs for your brown bathroom, knowing how much you like that color combo. Sounds really nice so far. Good luck with the interview with the chiro today. Keep an eye out for waving guns, lol.

Sue - you've had lots of company lately, lol, like me. I really enjoy having people in, and I can tell you do, too. Hope you get an offer soon. When the time's right, you will, don't you agree? Hey, come help me clean my house, ok? I'll be looking for you. And don't tell me the dust cloth has been put up, like you did with the iron and ironing board last week. :D

Julie - hope you're feeling even better today. :yes: Your DDs house sounds so cute - love the colors they chose. The landlord sounds like he'll be easy to deal with, since he is looking out for the girls' safety. Gotta love a LL like that.

Michelle - yikes, I'm not going to complain about our heat here anymore, after hearing the temps you're suffering through. Hope you get some relief soon, hon.

Marti - can you believe we're up to thread #200? And most of our posts are fairly long - not just 1 or 2 sentences! Yay for the new hours. :cp: How long will you have them like that?

Sassy - aww, hon, you didn't depress us. :hug: That's what friends are for. Hopefully, you'll be able soon to get out with your friends at home, but please know that we're here for you, and will cheer you up anytime you need it, ok.

Robin - keep your eye on the vacation countdown, chicka! Where did you say you're going? Camping? Wherever it is, have a blast. In the meantime, I hope you get your own cage at work, lol.

Faye - hope you make it in here ok. :) I just know you'll like the support and friendship these other ladies have to offer, and you will be such a great addition to the group.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

Well, gals, Neal made it through the sleep study ok. He finds out next Monday what the results are. Today I've been busy preparing for yet another dinner/cookout we're having. :dizzy: You've heard me mention the Walmart door-greeter -Linda - who's so kind to my DGDs, and even buys them gifts? Well, I invited her and her SO are coming out tomorrow, as well as Mary and the DGDs, so I'm getting some of the prep work out of the way today.

The A/C in my car went blooey. It has a leak, so Neal put in some of that stop-leak stuff, but it didn't work. So we have an appt. tomorrow AM to drop it off and get it fixed. Hope that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I've been doing pretty good with the food, in that I've made a conscious effort to eat healthier, and so far, so good. My calorie intake is still too high, but at least it's with healthier choices.

Gotta run - see you all later. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
06-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Hi Ladies. I just wanted to pop in and say :thanks: I appreciate all your kind words and :hug: It means a lot. I'm glad I found a great site like this one and have met all your wonderful ladies! :love:

Today for dinner hub is making Grilled Lamb with Rosemary and I'm going to attempt to make his mom's oven roasted potatoes with it. We probably will have a nice Spring Green Salad with it too.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

:grouphug:

jules1216
06-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Jane--you asked about the chai tea I like. Chai tea is a black tea with spices. I am feeling more back to the normal me. I am still very busy at work but I am dealing better with it. Now the rumors have begun about another layoff. If they hit my area again when there are other areas that weren't touched the last times and their staff have time to sleep, play games, talk on cell phones & alot to each other and do crossword puzzles and goof off I have told my DH that I will put in my two weeks notice. Hopefully they are just rumors though.

Sassy--I have to agree that there are some very supportive people on this site. Your dinner sounds good. What is your MIL's oven roasted potatoe recipie? My kids fave is when I use the recipie on a box of lipton onion soup mix for roasted potatoes. Hope you have a good night together. Me & DH are like you and yours and spend most of our time together alone. We even work together. (in separate departments)

Hi to everyone else!!!

Sassy_Chick
06-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Hey Jules!

Wow you and your hub sound just like us! We work together too, separate depts, but the same shift! Some people do not understand how we can spend that much time together, but we have no problems with it and we still have our own alone time too, that everybody needs.

His mom's potatoes I beleive it just potatoes and butter with some seasoning. But the lipton soup mix sounds good too! Its one of hubs favorite things and she always makes it when we have lamb so that is what he wanted for dinner as a side.

I'm so glad I found this site. There are so many wonderful people here that just lift your spirits when you need it. I am feeling better already and not so alone anymore.

Again, :thanks: ladies, you all are wonderful! :hug:

Jane
06-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Hiya ladies, :wave:

Sassy - I love the quote under your avatar. My Katie says that, too, from the movie. Just keep swimming.... Btw, we're really glad, too, that you found this place.

Julie - yikes, I hope the buzz about a layoff is just a rumor. You don't need the stress of that! Thanks for the info about the tea.

Hello to all others. Guess you're all busy with life away from the computer, huh? I have been busy too, since I'm having company for dinner tonight. I like to get as much done ahead of time as possible. We took my van in to get an estimate to fix the a/c. Well, I better get back to work!

Have a good day. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
06-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi ya ladies,

Jane-Thanks Yes I love that saying too and that movie. lol.

Good news for the small town my mom lives in, which is close to my hometown. Honda has decided to build a plant there, bringing 1,500 jobs to the area! :D Its not going to be built until 08' and open by 09', but unless something happens, hub and I both plan on applying there too! Its going to be SO wonderful for that area! :dancer:

Well gals I have to get my behind cleaning. I got my laundry going now, just have to get the rest done.

Have a Good Day!

suetalks
06-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Hi everyone. Hope you are all having a good week and a Happy Hump day!
I am still keeping the house clean while DH mows every 4 days and keeps the outside spruced. This house selling is a giant pain! Had a showing today and we are sooo hoping it was the couple from the open house who were really interested.

Sassy- Being in IN myself I think the Honda plant will be quite a boon to the state. We have lost so many factories in this area. I hope you are feeling less blue...I know how it feels when everything seems to get out of control. That's how my eating has been this week. Stress eating...ugh.

Jane- We take spurts with having company. We can go weeks with no one coming by and then they all come at once. Right now everyone wants to go see the new house. :) Sorry...I didn't get back to you on the dusting, but I will get back to you next time I have the cleaner out. (yeah, right..I am already tired of all this cleaning)

Marti- Hope you enjoy the new hours. Yikes..it is hot up there. We had rain earlier and then marble sized hail. Sounded like being in a corn popper. At least it did break our heat and it is cool outdoors now. Just wet!

Robin- Have a great time on your vacation. I don't think I am going to get one this summer. Doesn't even look like we will get back to Las Vegas very soon. Hope everything is okay at our house cause we sure can't get there to check on it.

Jules- I love all the painting your DD is doing. I wish sometimes that I were more adventuresome with colors. Heck, we had white walls in this house for years when we first built it. I did eventually add color, but it took awhile. Now the new house seems to be leaning toward taupes, creams and one splash of color in the kitchen. I keep saying I can always add color after I am living there.

Michelle- Wow, you are in that heat wave too. Hope it cools off soon. I hope things work out okay with your Mom too.

Angie- Are you on a stake-out? Katiecat- Where are you? Hi to anyone else popping by.

No plans for the rest of the week...hopefully more showings.
I did manage a 2 mile walk last night, none tonight.

I will check in when I can. Y'all be good now!

Marti
06-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Just a fly by today! Sorry I'm not on here much, got lots to do before we take off on Monday. Tomorrow I'm taking the car in for an oil change....before work! Better bring a book to read!

Doing lots of house cleaning and all that jazz.

So my apologies for not being around. I'll try to pop in now and then before we do go though!

Hugs!:hug:

Jane
06-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Good morning ladies,

Sassy - great news about the factory in your mom's town. Toyota built a huge factory about 30 minutes from where I live, and has been a real economic shot in the arm to this area. Two of my nephews work there - one in management - and their lifestyles have changed for the better because of it. Cleaning....laundry .... it never ends! :dizzy:

Sue - any news about the showing? I'm almost as anxious as you are about that, lol. The storms missed us, thankfully. I saw on the radar that they went all around us, though. Don't you think we have too many storms? Neal says it's due to global warming. Makes me wonder what my grandkids will face. YAY for the walking you've been doing!

Marti - oh my gosh! It's almost time for your vacation! I wanna go, too, lol. Neal's been to SanFran, and says it's beautiful. Send me a postcard, ok? Didn't you say you're staying in a different part of town this time? Hope you pop back in before you go.

MaryKate, Angie, Julie, Robin, Michelle, Kim, and anyone else reading this - a big hello, and I hope you have a great day!

Well, the dinner was a great success. (I ate too much, though) Silly me, I forgot dinner rolls - all I had was sliced bread - but they said they don't eat bread, anyway. Linda's BF and Neal hit it off, and we ladies chatted and watched the DGDs play after dinner. Mary and Katie helped me clean the kitchen after the company left.

Today is my Mind/Body/Soul meeting at the church, and I'm looking forward to that. It's a small, comfortable group. I'll be happy to report that I've been eating much healthier this week. My calorie count is still too high, so I've got to work on that.

The a/c is fixed in my van. Well, he said he couldn't find a leak, but recharged the coolant, so we'll see.

Have a good day, ladies. :hug:

suetalks
06-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Good afternoon... What a day! It is beautiful and sunny out there. I hope it is cool enough later to take a walk, but for a change I am not relying on that. I took things into my own hands...and did WATP and strength training already. So, if the weather permits the walk will just be icing on the cake. (oooh, did I say cake?) durn! Food wise I ate cereal for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. I have had almost all of my water and it is only 3:15....cool.
I just had to decide that stress is not going to do me in....and get right back on that old wagon. :) I am feeling much better about it too.

Jane- I just got the latest message about the showing. We are one of their top two choices. They just have to decide if they want a newer construction or more yard here. Said it is a very nice home and well maintained....so we will see what happens. One problem here is that they are building these (what I call cheap) new homes with lots of sq. footage. The lots are very small and houses close together. But young couples often look at everything being new vs. things being higher quality and older. It is going to sell, but just a matter of time.

Hi to everyone else....

alextucker
06-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Hello everyone...I tried posting pictures of the inside of the house and it didn't work right.

You can see them if you click here

http://somethingsgottagivealex.blogspot.com/2006/06/inside-pictures.html

http://somethingsgottagivealex.blogspot.com/2006/06/more-house-pictures.html

I havent done much outside of work. This bug is kicking my butt! I thought I was over it when it all started again.....I gave it to one of the boys and then he gave it back!!

Hope everyone's doning alright. It's HOT HOT HOT here!!

alextucker
06-29-2006, 08:41 PM
When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
And forgot about being healthy and thin.
So What! You went over your points a bit,
It's your next move that counts....So don't quit!

It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back to your range.
It's telling yourself, "you've done great up till now
You can take on the challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reading your goal.
You're gonna make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the strugglers, when losing their grip.
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
That the race wasn't over and they still could have won.

Life-style change can be awkward and slow,
But facing each challenge will help you to grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint in the cloud of doubt.
When you 're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit.
It you bite it, you write it. But Don't You Dare Quit!

Marti
06-30-2006, 02:31 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm waiting on a load of laundry so I thought I would pop in and see how everyone is doing!

Jules--Ok, I think I would have to agree w/your DS on the hotpink bathroom attire! :D But maybe they can compromise and combine the two together, black & hotpink....might not be too bad..............

Robin--I'm right there w/ya on the countdown for vacation! One more work day and I'm officially on my vacation. Although we won't be leaving until Monday morning....before the birds are up!:D

Jane--What fun to have a dinner party!! I will have to make a point to make it out there in time for dinner next time!:D I would love to be part of a group like you have at church! I would like to get a group of gals who would like to concentrate more on fitness at work. Even if we are all on different schedules I'm sure we can figure something out!

Sue--Our weather has been unbelievable! Its now starting to cool off into the 80's. That's more comfortable. The humidity is what gets ya! I read that 8 eastern states have been rained out! Scarey stuff!! I hope you're ok over there where you're at!

Sassy--My hubby and I met at work. He was a supervisor assistant. Then we changed jobs together to work at Sony. Same shift but different departments. We were never tired of each other! I just like him too much to not enjoy being near him. Since Sony closed, we see MUCH LESS of each other. VERY hard at first, but now, we tend to truly enjoy our time together. We're both looking forward to our vacation next week!

Alex--House looks great! It's pretty large too! thanks for sharing those photos. So when do you get to move in?? I can imagine how excited your boys are! Love the poem btw!! Great! May have to print that one.

Hello to Angie--Katie--Michelle--Connie--Mindee--and goodness me....everyone else out there!! Pop in for a quick hello and how are ya if you get a chance.

Need to get some more thing taken care of. This week sure went by fast. Crazy!!!

Hugs to all!:hug:

Katiecat
06-30-2006, 02:44 AM
Happy Thursday, ladies -- it's almost Friday, and thank God for that! :carrot:

Alex, where did you get that poem?!? That is one of the most encouraging things I've read in a long time, and I really appreciate you posting it. I'd love to share it with my WW leader, but would want to properly credit the author.

Sue, good luck on your showings :goodluck: Good for you, doing well with your food and water...

Sassy, that is great news about the new plant in your mom's town. New industry brings in jobs, not just for the plant but for new services, new shops, new restaurants, very good for the economy. Yeah, I'm trying to catch up on my laundry, too, but I'm afraid it's winning the race. :running: The housework has already left me in the dust. LOL, literally in the dust bunnies...

Marti, so much to do before a trip! Have a great time in SF :D

Jane, wish I could find a Mind/Body/Soul type group around here. The church I occassionally attend (very occassionally) doesn't even have a women's Bible study over the summer. Maybe I should check with some other churches, but it always feels weird to go when you don't anyone there. Not that I know anyone from "my" church -- it's so big that you just go and kind of blend in with the crowd.

Jules, I love chai tea, too...haven't liked every kind I've tried, but most are good. I don't care for the premade mixes, or the presweetened ones; I like it with milk and a little honey best.

Tim's birthday is Monday, and he managed somehow to pull off a five day weekend. I'm on the wait list for Monday, so I will have to go in to work and hope it's slow enough that they let me leave.

Hi to everyone else...it's getting late and I must get to bed.

See you soon,

Sassy_Chick
06-30-2006, 07:05 AM
Good Morning Ladies! :sunny:

Just a quick pop in. :thanks: Yes I definately think the new Honda plant in my moms town is going to be wonderful for that area.
Got some laundry done, not quite all of it, but I don't think you can ever get ahead of that one. lol.

I am sooooooooo glad that this night is done. Not too bad, but ever just have one of those days/nights at work that you just cannot wait to get home? That was tonight.

Well I hope you all have a Wonderful Day!

Jane
06-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Good morning, ladies!:wave:

Sue - wow, you're really taking control of your weight loss/exercise. YAY for you! :cp: Makes you feel good, doesn't it? I know I feel a lot better about myself now that I'm back on track.

Alex - thanks for sharing the photos. I love the sewing room the previous owner has, even if you aren't keeping it that way. When's move-in day? Hope you're over the bug by the time you read this. Btw, thanks for the poem. I've seen it before - I think Cristi shared it with us - but hadn't printed it out, and this time I will for sure!

Marti - you could ask around at work and see if anyone is interested in starting a group like mine. It really helps to know you're accountable to others, and that they're rooting for you. I have that same support here, too, so I feel doubly blessed. Are you getting packed yet? Two more sleeps and then bon voyage!!

Katie - yay for the weekend, right? Enjoy it with your sweetie, and I sure hope you get Monday off.

Sassy - have a good day!

A big hello to anyone else reading this. :)

The meeting with the group yesterday was another good one. The members are fun-loving and we seemed to be bonding already. We had a new one, so now we're up to 8 members.

Don't forget, ladies, we'll be in a new location tomorrow. The admins are placing all the general clubs together July 1st. I'm not sure if that will affect your bookmark or not, so you may have to go to the main menu first to save it.

Seemed like I had something else to tell you..... hmmmm.... well, whatever it was, it's gone now, lol. :dizzy: Have a great day, and I'll see you later today or tomorrow for sure. :hug:

da fat n da furious
06-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Sorry MIA for a few days as I got everything here all ready for the weekend...and Monte has acouple of days off,,,I don't so..Anyways gotta be quick have to get to work. I only have 13 days more there! Yes I quit yesterday. I did get a job with an insurance company. Im so happy. Benefits/pension/free day/ and weekend retreats. I have to admit I bawled like a baby when I EMAILED I couldn't even do it face to face my resignation. Anyways will be back..geesh I have no idea. Its Canada Day tomorrow and we are heading to the lake...packing in as much of a weekend as we can.
Have a great weekend Ladies...

jules1216
06-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Sassy --that's great about the Honda plant coming--here's hoping you and your DH can get on there!! :goodluck:

Katie--I prefer the plain chai teas and added honey too--I have tried a couple of different blends and there are some I like and some I don't. Don't have a local Starbucks but they do have a small area coffee house chain called "The Daily Grind" and I love my chai lattes. :cofdate: Glad to see you back and posting, hope it means your feeling better. With the kids gone I don't have as much laundry--a load of my work clotehs, his work clothes, the misc clothes I can mix together, whites--gosh--sometimes I don't have a full load of them unless I add towels in, and the bed sheets and comfortor every other week. DD comes home and does hers once in awhile. But at size 1-3 her clothes are so tiny that it's like only one load!! Happy B-day to Tim!!

Marti--it's funny you say about hot pink Alicia's fave and current) and black (Ryan's current now that DD removed all the rubber ducky stuff to put up in her place) Ryan has his hodge podge of furnishhings in the living room is browns & tans--Alicia's roomate owns the furniture at her place, Ryan didn't have much kitchen stuff & bathroom stuff, but Alicia provided all the kitchen stuff at her apartment so it's going to work out. DS has a storage garage as part if the rent which they will keep some of her stuff in until the next move if they can't get a place August 1. DD had a lot of pans, pots, bakeware, plates & cups so she is leaving half of her stuff for DS until Alicia officially moves in. DD & DS's stuff blended really well together and really filled his apartment--now that her stuff is mostly packed I forgot how unclutterred DS's apartment was--which is what he likes--easier to clean when you don't have to move knick knacks. He decorates with plants--has a real green thumb. They are really hoping for a call back on the rental house they want. They filled out all the paperwork and the landlord seemed to like them. Ryan has always been a charmer and can talk to anyone and Alicia is so sweet.

Alex--the place looks so nice. It's funny when we moved into our place my DS was given choice of rooms and he picked the smaller room because it had blue curtains and the bigger room had pink ones!!!

Sue--The girls did switch the coral to one called apricot lily. DD and I almost finished the living room in the apricot lily but ran out of paint--so irritatting since we were almost done!! It's okay though because we needed another gallon anyway to touch up the dining/computer room and DD wants to use it for some accents in the kitchen--matches well with some of the grapes and leaves in the border. Also nice to have a little for touch ups while moving in everything. DD was upset because one of the roommates friends helped paint--he is quick but very sloppy with the trim--she wanted to take her time and do it all herself or have me help. I had primered the room in white and he didn't edge it just rolled on the blue and got it allover the window sills, door and moulding---the only wall that doesn't need touched up is the one that she did. She also did the bathroom herself (except for the border), but there is nothing to be touched up there either, We will have to touch the moulding, window frames and doors up some in all the other rooms.

Jane--I think I am safe if they do lay off--hubby is the machinist there and can make some of the parts that can't be ordered anymore for the old machines and actually even makes so that can at a significant saving to the company. He has a gift that he is very humble about, but he can fix almost anything yo put in front of him. Not to say that I slouch--I get very high marks on my evaluations and have been told several times that the two hardest people to replace in our area would be me and the lady that is out on medical.

Robin--hope you survived all those kids!!

Connie & Michelle ma belle--hope both of you are well!!

Kimberly--where's my local girl been??

Mindee--you need to bring the kids home from the park and post!!

Angelia--where are you!! did you find some mountie to help you on a new project at your house??? What would Monte say.....

Sorry I if I have missed anyone!! Off to the DMV to renew DH's motorcycle registration so we can maybe ride some this weekend!! to the grocery store, the library and back to DD's to help do the touch ups and move some of the small stuff. Big stuff is coming tonight!! Then the arranging will begin, but she has to do that herself, she is very organized and likes things placed so they are both functional and pleasing to the eye.
--Jane--I am not sure if she is putting Johnny back up on the wall--she is hanging her Van Gogh's "Starry Night" print that will look awesome with the blue color she painted, her board that has the ribbons to slip pictures in and saving a spot for a print of Bermuda that I am getting framed for her.

jules1216
06-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Angelia--there you are...was wondering where you were!! Good luck with the new job!!

Marti
06-30-2006, 12:06 PM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Last day of work for a WHOLE WEEK!! :D

Just a bit excited can ya tell??

Good Morning to you all! How are you all doing?

Katie--I'm a chai tea drinker! It's like liquid pumpkin! :lol: I started drinking this coffeemate that's vanilla chai. Good stuff. Now, I hate being on a waiting list for going home! Where I work, hardly ever do we get to go home. Unless you're like me and they just can't stand to hear me whine and beg for full 8hrs!

Sassy--EVERYNIGHT is like that at work for me!:D Ok, maybe not everynight, but sure seems awfully close at times.

Jane--I think I will talk to some gals and together we can come up w/something. A few of the girls are already working out...I'll just join them in the gym and we'll come up w/some kind of WI day. After vacation I'll talk to them about it.

Angie--Have a great weekend!! And congratulations on the new job!! How exciting!!

Jules--My house is still hodge podge!:D When James & I first moved in together (8yrs ago), we had NO furniture. So we asked around w/family and my family managed to furnish our home! I have this mint green leathe love seat, a blue recliner, and a multi color futon (we bought that).......one of these days I plan on getting a living room set. Slowly we're getting things that we bought and not given to us.

Still have packing to do this weekend. Spent my days doing laundry now I need James to tell me what he wants to take.:dizzy:

You all have a lovely weekend...I'm going to get ready for work!

Hugs to all!!!:hug:

Jane
06-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi ladies,

Angie - CONGRATS on the new job, girl! :cp: What will your current employer say about you leaving? It's really good of you to give them 2 weeks notice. Not everybody does that anymore. Happy Canada Day, and have fun at the lake.

Julie - I'm not a bit surprised that you and your DH are good, hard workers. Ah... the Van Gogh poster! I know just which one you mean, and think it would go real well in her new room. :yes:

Marti - so does SanFran have cool evenings? I'm thinking I read that somewhere. Will you be going to fireworks on the 4th? Oh, you're going to have so much fun!

I have frittered the day away doing piddly things. Don't ask me why, but I keep thinking it's Saturday today. :dizzy: I got the bills paid, and went over my online bank statement, and caught up on a few phone calls. Now I have to finish folding the whites and towels. See... piddly stuff!

I'm doing well with the food. Not perfect, but well. What's the quote.. "Persistance, not perfection".

Have a great day, and I'll chat at ya' later. :hug:

suetalks
06-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Happy Holiday week-end to you all. I did grocery shopping today after going out to eat with DH. Came home and did a load of laundry. Otherwise, not much of anything else went on here. :)

Well, you know we went to the new house..and I got so excited. The wall board is on, so it really looks like a house with rooms and everything. One end of the house is bricked too. Looking good and speeding toward conclusion. Now I can walk through and imagine where I want to put things...lol.

Angie- Congrats on the new job! I am so happy for you. :carrot:

Marti- I am excited for you...going on your vacation with that sweet DH. Have fun! :cool:

Jane- We all have to piddle once in awhile. :D

Sassy, Katie, Michelle, Jules, Robin..hey ya'll. Hope you are having a nice 4th week-end! Happy Canada day to those up north.

Michelle
06-30-2006, 11:41 PM
:wave: LADIES :wave:

Well it's another hot one here today, but atleast on the low 90s and not in the 100s!:devil: It's supposed to start cooling down again some tomorrow in the low 80s and stay that way atleast through the fourth.:^:

Marti--I like your new pic; very cute!;) I bet you're getting very anxious and excited for your trip! Please be safe and have fun!:hug:

Jane--You're such a busy lady!:carrot: I would love to have all of your energy to enertain people and watch your grandchildren, and run around with them.:hug:

Sue--Hope everything is going good with your house, and you have an enjoyable weekend!:hug:

Jules--It sounds like you're having lots of fun with your DD and her new place. That's good that you are able to spend quality time with her. Hope you had fun out and about today!:hug:

HELLO to everyone else. It's warm out here by the computer so I'm going to head in the living room and put my feet up and relax. My DH and I just got home a little while ago from doing some errands and the traffic on the freeway today was horrible! We were stuck in it for a couple of hours.:mad:

Sassy_Chick
07-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Hey Ladies.

:thanks: for the support and well wishes. :hug: Will chat more later.

Happy Holidays to those celebrating.

da fat n da furious
07-01-2006, 03:34 AM
Hello all,

Shel, when I first moved to Calgary I felt that way. I left behind a really great group of friends and being 2 hours away made it hard for me to feel like I still had them near by. I couldn't talk to my mom cause she was in worse shape them me about us moving away from her. So I spent I would say the first year here in tears. I cried alot. I know working at a job with mostly men makes it hard to have *girlfriend* time. You know we are here for you.

Jules,,,I love the colors that DD and friend have painted. I hope they enjoy themselves in their new home. Have to tell you I was so close to going to my family Dr. for a perscription on your muscle relaxants... was so stressed the past few days I wasn't sleeping. I finally *released* all my tension and bawled on an off most of yesterday afternoon. Of course I was at work and that did cause some explaintations, which then caused alot of upset people.

Jane,,,ya know that is a great idea about getting some aqua in the bathroom. Never thought of that. I went with the brown and tan...and then because of the 3D plastered vines I used some copper and gold to highlite the leaves. I was going to say I bet you anything you need your AC to be recharged. I had that a few years ago in my first minivan. So do you think Linda and her SO will come and visit more with everyone getting along so well?

Marti,,,how many more nights? I sure wish you could keep that schedule. Late enough to sleep in and yet earlier enough to be home each night.

Michelle,,,yesterday was a cold day,,,not rainy but windy and just overcast. The last few days have been smoldering humid heat. Breathing made you break out in a sweat. Not a great visual I know...lol

Alex, I know you are going to love that house alot. Im so happy for you.

Sue, you will sell you house this weekend...I have my fingers crossed for you.

Katie, Happy Early Birthday to Tim! Monte had a 4 day weekend,,,so not normal but I had to work...then I was suppose to only work till 2 but the beer industry is insane right now. Lets say high stress is my middle name. We all worked past 4 today. I got all bossy today,,,my supervisor just wouldn't take charge of the situation so I went to one of the directors and told him he better order in food since many of us had been there already 3 hours without a break and will be there for a min of 3 more hours. Everyone started coming to me for things they needed to do...

Robin,,,you poor thing 205 students? yikes,,,hope you lived to tell about it. Enjoy your week off...no phones or computers,,,lucky you.

Im still emotional,,,the last few weeks at work have been hard,,,our working conditions have not been good, lack of workers in the warehouses, drivers, and well a general feeling of no support for us. I find myself so tense from the call centre,,,and then having to run over to reception to cover for 2.5 hrs. Now it wouldn't be so bad if the person I share this job with wasn't on emergency medical leave. Leaving me with 9 hours of reception work to do in 2.5 hrs. And with our stampede coming up we throw a BBQ each year,,,add that as a *fun* project. And they decided now they need to update their crisis book (as in yesterday..RUSH!) hmmm this is after 8 years of it not being done. GREAAAAAAT. Ive been working 8:30 -5 each day with no coffee breaks,,,just a half hour lunch that never is a half hour,,,more like 20 min.
I saw Dr. McKenna Wed. I lost 1.6 lbs,,,but my BP was high,,,gee I wonder why,,,so we talked about that and my feelings,,,I almost broke down then. But she did say,,,high stress is a bad thing to have when trying to loose weight. She suggested protein bars since she saw I wasn't eating even half of what I should of been eating,,,
Monte and I watched 8 below tonight,, I cried ,,,don't like seeing animals suffer. I think Im now cried out...don't think I want to test that theory though.
Im hoping I can find the time to get my hair cut and colored,,the *pretty* platium blonde is showing up alot now.
I went and bought a cute outfit for work. This is more of a professional business attire place,,the call centre was more of a casual business look. So need to add a few things to my wardrobe...*darn...lol
well I should get to bed,,,leaving for Sylvan bright and early. night all

Sassy_Chick
07-01-2006, 04:17 AM
Hi Angelia,

I feel so alone sometimes. I know I have all of you here. That has made a huge difference to me, but its still not the same as GIRL friends. I just miss having the social interaction like I used to have when I was on Days. But I don't want to go back to working Days, I like Nights.

So not sure. Maybe I can join a local group here or something...........

Jane
07-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Happy July, and welcome to our new home!

Michelle - hope you got some relaxation yesterday and can take it easy this weekend. One thing about living between two small towns is, I'm never, ever in a traffic jam, lol. The worst that happens here is getting behind a slow-moving tractor, lol.

Sassy - aww, I hope you're feeling much better, and that you have a good weekend. I, too, am a very social person, and wish we lived closer - I'd meet you for lunch. :hug:

Angie - first off, a big YAY for losing 1.6 pounds! :cp: You're on a roll! So sorry about your work situation, but at least you know there's a light at the end of the tunnel now. Less than 2 weeks and you'll be outta there, Ange. Sometimes we just need a good cry. Sounds like you had several of them, and no wonder, with all the stress you have going on. Hopefully your time spent at Sylvan will cheer you up, and put a smile back on your face. I'm interested in the protein bars. Which ones taste good? And are good for you?

Katie - happy birthday to Tim!!

Marti - love the new avatar! Are you packed yet? I'm almost ready, and I'll be on your porch early Monday morning, lol. Don't I wish!

A big hello to anyone else reading this. :wave: If you've never posted with us, or if you haven't posted for awhile, come on in and say hi.

Well, I like the new layout of the clubs. :yes: The main menu looks much more organized, don't you think so?

What're the Yanks plans for the 4th? Neal and I are going to my sister's (Mary Lou) camper and having a very healthy meal. She diabetic, and so we planned all healthy stuff, which is a big relief to me.

Happy Canada Day to any Canadians reading this.

I've got to do some cleaning today... so what else is new, right? :dizzy: See ya on the flip side.

Marti
07-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Good Morning everyone!

Jane.....I'm not seeing a difference at all. What changed? I thought we were moving under the "Support Groups"?? About SF being cool.....I've heard some people say they spent the coldest summer there! So we will be bringing jackets! My advatar is temporary......it's from my cell phone and I was playing around. Not a very flattering picture I must say.

Sue.....How fun to see your house taking shape!! Soon you'll be decorating the walls w/family photos! Happy for you.

Michelle......Glad to see you pop in! I was wondering how you've been in this heat! I heard on the radio that there were some lightening storm warnings up your way. Hope all is well and it wasn't as bad as they expected. Have you heard of any forrest fires yet? I just hate to read about that! I haven't heard of anything yet. Hope it stays that way.

Angie.....Awww, :hug: I'm sorry you've been feeling so stressed out! I'm glad you cried it out! Crying releases so much! When do you start your new job? Is it close to where you live? What will you be doing? (sorry for the 20 questions!) Your description of updating the crisis book is just like what I went through at work the other day. Had to compare prices that our lab has to another lab that we send out to.....over 800 test to go through! I got 100 done in an hour. This was something that needed to be done weeks ago and then was thrown at us last minute!

Sassy...... :hug: Hope you and Hubby get to enjoy the weekend together. Have you had a vacation anytime recently? Or a weekend get a away? I feel that way a lot, so know you're not alone. :hug:

Hello to everyone else out there. Well as you all know I'll be leaving Monday morning. And Jhanai is here until tomorrow night so getting on the computer will be hard.. :lol: plus I have much to do before we leave.

So if I don't get back on tomorrow.....

Have a VERY SAFE AND H A P P Y 4 T H O F J U L Y ! !

Jane
07-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Marti - I use my bookmarks and desktop too much! We are under the Support Groups now, and it's very nice looking. Have a good time with Jhanai and a good time in SanFran, too. :hug:

Michelle
07-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Marti--I did hear the warning yesterday for the thunder/lightning, hail, and heavy wind storms that may come our way, but we never saw them thank goodness! My DH and I were gone for a few hours, and I was worried about my DD being alone if the storm hit; she thought I was being crazy worrying about that.:dizzy:

Jane--When you described about your driving where you live, it reminds me so much of when we visit my family back in Iowa. So many times, we have gotten behind a SLOW tractor, and my girls always just laughed and think that's the funniest thing.;)

Angie--I feel very bad for you how overworked you have been and under way too much stress!:( I hope you can take it easy this weekend and do something fun!:hug:

Sassy--Have a fun holiday and enjoy!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
07-01-2006, 07:51 PM
:thanks: ladies. We haven't any time away since May when we took my mom out of town for her bday. We work weekend nights. So its hard sometimes because when everybody else is off having fun, we're at work. We're even working the 4th for extra cash. But now I wish I wouldn't have volunteered. Oh well, the money is good.

Hope you all have a great weekend/holiday.

Sassy_Chick
07-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Hi Chickies.

Well the rollercoaster has been here again. As I'm feeling lots better. :D Weird. Very weird. I even got up and did some cleaning. Maybe that is the answer. More exercise? Get that blood a flowing maybe?

:thanks: Ladies! :hug:

da fat n da furious
07-02-2006, 02:04 AM
Hey all,
It was a beautiful day is Sylvan,,,didn't go near the beach though...crazy loads of people...just enjoyed the visit with family. Had a super healthy meal. And came home Skittles wasn't feeling good and did a couple of upchucks in the truck so...wanted to get her home. Tanner is staying for a week,,,then we will go pick up and stay the night and enjoy the rodeo in the neighbouring town.
Michelle, Im the same as you,,,I worry about the kids all the time...Ive tried to call Brandon's cell a couple of times today,,,hes out camping but I like to know how things are and such. When your daughter is a mom she will then understand the need to be assured her babies are safe and ok.

Jane, I haven't even looked yet,,,infact I left them at work,,,since thats where I struggle the most with eating. I will check,,,I still have to try one. Scared of it tasting like cardboard or sawdust. I did get some corn nuts that they consider is 2 proteins also..pretty salty to me,,,but she says they are good. AND seriously I had one bag and needed to drink a litre of water with it,,,very dry. But does get the salt fix real quick.

well gonna get to bed...have a great Sunday Ladies

Michelle
07-02-2006, 02:18 AM
Sassy--It is really amazing how our "moods" can change so drastically from day to day, or even minute to minute for that matter. I've had the same problem lately, but I think mine has had a lot to do with our crazy HOT weather. It had cooled down to the low 80s for a couple of days, and now today it was almost 90, and yesterday about 95.:( :hug:

Angie--I'm like you with the big crowds! I would much rather stay close to home and just have a little celebration. I know my DD will understand when she has children someday how the worrying NEVER stops. My older DD is married and on her own, and I still worry about her, but she always tells me "I'm just fine mom.":o :hug:

Sassy_Chick
07-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Angie & Michelle: I agree, I don't like big crowds either and especially when its hot! :p

Yes my moods can change at a drop of a hat. But here lately it has seemed lots worse. I can go to one extreme to the other in a flash. I attribute it to the PCOS and hormones but it could be something totally different. :shrug:

Marti
07-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

I'm up bright and early. 7:30 and the only one up. I have some last minute laundry I need to get done. Plus we have a second lot that needs to be weed eatered!:D

And of coarse, I started TOM yesterday! Nothing like going on vacation w/PMS! But alls good, just gotta enjoy myself rather than let PMS take over! Yesterday I had a doozy of a headache.:headache:

Jane--I DO see the change now. :) Moved us up when I left yesterday eh?

Michelle--Kids! Were we really that way when we were young?? Probably.:) There are so many things I see myself doing/saying that I would have cringed when I was a teen!

Sassy--Glad to hear you're feeling much better. I've heard that exercise can make you feel much better in all areas. All I need to do is exercise and see if they're right!:lifter:

Angie--Have lots of fun at the rodeo! Poor skittles! Does she get car sick? Or did she just eat something that disagreed w/the belly? My girlie dog Cocoa gets car sick. If she wasn't black, she'd look green! Plan on taking her and chewy to the coast when we get back. James thinks they need a little vacation too.:beach:

Morning to all. Well I better get off of here and start getting some things done. You all have a great day! I will try to pop on later on tonight!

Hugs!:hug:

Jane
07-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi ladies,

Michelle - yep, we get behind tractors, combines, spayers, etc. Most farmers are nice enough to pull to the side, which helps. You didn't mention what's going on in your life this weekend. Anything fun?

Sassy - glad you're feeling better. Aww, sorry you have to work tomorrow, but you'll be glad come payday. And really, the evening is the most fun, so maybe you won't be missing out on much. What are your hours?

Angie - sounds like a great time in Sylvan. So you and Monty have the house to yourselves for awhile? Gotta love that! Is Skittles ok today?

Marti - oh pooh, what a time for TOM to show up! I like your attitude of not letting it interfere with your fun, though.

Hello to anyone reading this. :wave:

Well, I've been doing very well with the food, still. We even went to Olive Garden in Evansville for lunch today, and I ordered Chicken Something that had a Low Fat emblem buy the name on the menu, and ate only 1/2 of it. Lots of julienned summer squash and red peppers, with some pasta. Then, at the mall, Neal bought himself some chocolate (he always does that at the mall!) and I waited until I needed a snack and got some fresh fruit of the salad bar at a supermarket.

We go for the results of Neal's sleep test tomorrow. He had trouble sleeping again last night, then didn't get up until 10 this morning. He's never slept that late since I've known him! But I let him sleep, thinking he must need it.

See you on the flip side. Have a good one! :)

Sassy_Chick
07-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey all. :wave:

I am still feeling good. BUT our car is having major issues now and it's the "Good" car of the two vehicles we have! We were driving along, going to work, and we passed this Harley (motorcycle), if you have ever heard a Harley, they are pretty loud. Well it passed us but we still kept hearing it. It was our CAR! :yikes: We have no idea what it is, as we had to swap cars at the in-laws (was closer to their house) and get to work.

Hub seems to think its something big though. So that makes me a bit :(. I always figured it was going to be our truck to go first. Oh well, we knew eventually this day would come. Both of our vehicles are older and have many, many miles on them, but the car was in "better" shape. So now I think we are FORCED to buy a new car. Don't really want a car payment, but I think we have too.

Our mechanic friend has a newer Chevy Venture van he has fixed up and is selling for $3,000, I don't know if he'd take payments on it or not. I know a brand new vehicle we'd have the warranty, but I hate the thought of financing a car. But we'll just have to do something one way or another.

I know that our mechanic friend could most likely fix our car, but even if its not too expensive to fix, it still makes me uncomfortable now. Cuz like I said it was the "better" (or so we THOUGHT) of the two vehicles we have.

Well anyways, that is the "saga" for today.

jules1216
07-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Just popping in really quick--last load of DD's stuff will be early Tuesday morning. They have the kitchen, living room, bathroom and both bedrooms set up. Everything is looking sooo cute!! The last things being moved are the dining room table and chairs, dd's computer & stand, her grill and she may end up taking her couch--all have been in the storage garage. DS didn't get the house that they really wanted that had the basement--the landlord called to say that he was going to let them have it until a relative needed it. They have looked at a couple of other places. DS is really stressing, even got into it with DD about all the stuff she was taking until she reminded him that it was ALL her stuff. She has given him alot and her roomate had nothing so she needs to take her stuff. DS's girlfriend said that she would go ahead and bring over her kitchen stuff since her lease is up July 31. DS's gf's friend is going to move in to the 2nd bedroom and the friend was living with a guy until he left her and she has a whole household load of stuff in storage that they can use. I think DS is just stressing about the whole moving in thing with the gf and her friend. At least when DD was the roomate he knew he could count on her and he has been burned by other roomates. I told DD & DS that they needed to work it out, they will always be siblings and have always been there for each other and to not let this come between them.

I'm off to bed, it's been some late nights for me and I am beat!!

suetalks
07-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Good evening....Had a kind of lazy week-end and I enjoyed that. We did have a showing today so had to leave for 2 hours. I cleaned yesterday and then just did some touch-ups this morning. I can't imagine a showing on a holiday wk end and a Sun. to boot...but hey, maybe they are the ones to buy it!

Did some reading today and also cleaned up a bunch of files and pictures on the computer. I went surfing for curtain and decorating ideas. Ended up ordering catalogs from a few places. That will give me some place to start...:)
The last week I have been doing WATP tapes and also strength training. I need to get some weights so I can continue with that. I have been using fruit cans. LOL... I also have lots of trouble with foot cramps and heel pain so I have been doing stretches for that. Now if I can get the food back under control.

Hope everyone had a nice week-end and will have a great 4th on Tues.

Sassy_Chick
07-03-2006, 12:38 AM
Hey Girls. :wave:

Jules.........hope all goes well for your DK's and their moving! I know moving stinks, regardless where it is or wherever........

Suetalks - you never know with people. We are going out to probably buy a new car tomorrow or soon after. I know that houses, etc are different, but you just never know. We were looking at houses in the middle of winter and holiday time. lol. Just all depends..........;)

I used to have problems with my feet too. Not sure what stretches your doing. But I got a good one from my dr. Just take a pair of pantyhose or one of those exercise bands and put it around your foot, pull the pantyhose/exercise bands up towards you. This stretches some ligament or something that is supposed to help. :goodluck:

Jane
07-03-2006, 09:19 AM
We're at 50 again, see you at at #201. :)