100 lb. Club - New: Here is what I look like now

View Full Version : New: Here is what I look like now

Joy90
06-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Hello,
I am new to the sight. I am trying to loose exactly 100 pounds. I have already lost 100 (I use to be 360 and I am now 260). I am 24 years old and I thought this would be good support for me. I have a lot of loose skin from the weight I have lost and its left me feeling a little like "what's the point." I thought that I would look like other girls my age- or like Oparh or Jared the subway guy- there is nothing saggy or loose on them. But I guess that was not in my bag of gentics. So anyway, I thought joining here and getting some support would help- also I decided to post a pic of what I look like now and I hope to post another each month to try and capture my progress.
Ok- well I guess that's it for now- thanks so much for listening.

Glory87
06-27-2006, 12:15 AM
I don't know, I haven't seen Jared naked :) You couldn't tell by looking at me dressed that I have loose skin on my stomach and thighs.

Great work on your 100 lb loss, keep going!!!

Stevi-rocks
06-27-2006, 12:23 AM
You know Oprah is one of the wealthest women in the freekin' world! She's had some very expensive assistance! ;)There was also a commercial dissin' Jared for not showing himself shirtless. Save all the $$$ you would have spent on fast food or fattening treats and see a doctor about surgery maybe? Lots and lots of big losers have had it. You keep on truckin' darlin' your accomplishments are amazing!

MelodyL
06-27-2006, 01:03 AM
Welcome to the forum and WTG on losing 100 pounds!! That is a huge accomplishment!! I look forward to getting to know you better and follow your progress!

karistiana
06-27-2006, 07:42 AM
Welcome! Congrats on your remarkable progress! 100 lbs that is awesome!

buckettgirl
06-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Congratulations on your progress so far!!!!!
Don't give up now... even if you don't look like you think you ought to at this weight, certainly you don't want to go back to where you were 100lbs ago! I would make a bet that you feel much better with those pounds gone. I agree with saving up for surgery to remove excess skin.... it is a problem that many of the formerly morbidly obese face. Get to your goal weight, and see what you think. But don't give up now, you have already accomplished so much!

Charbar
06-27-2006, 08:30 AM
I'd like to echo Stevi... save up your pennies. I seem to be starting this journey over and over again myself. What type of "diet" plan are you on?
:welcome: We are happy to have you here!! :wave:

ChocLabLover
06-27-2006, 08:45 AM
:welcome3: to the forum and congrats on your weight loss so far!

Heather
06-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Wow, 100 pounds -- that's phenomenal!!!

Loose skin is what many of us face when we lose a lot of weight. Personally, I'd rather have the skin and be able to do more! There's a great thread on losse skin in the maintainers forum!

But, what about exercise?? It's not going to get rid of the skin, but the more toned and muscled you are under that, the better! Are you doing any kind of strength or weight training?

nelie
06-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Welcome :) I know what you mean about the loose skin. I have it and at first I was discouraged by it. I had to get over that discouragement to help me lose more weight. I think as you lose weight, you'll look and feel better. You may have loose skin but I think that is minor compared to the amount of weight loss and the things you'll be able to do.

Sandi
06-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Congratulations on the 100 lbs!! That is awesome!!!

teahoney
06-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Congrats on 100 pounds gone forever!! That is fantastic. As far as loose skin, you can't get rid of it without surgery of course, but do you weight train?? Building long lean muscle will improve your appearance and when you get the surgery (if you get it), you'll have great muscles to show off. And if you can't have the surgery, I am sure that you feel 100x times better at 260 than 360. So imagine how you'll feel at 160.

Anyway, congrats again. You look and must feel great.

newfiedarling
06-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Congrats on the 100 pound loss - what an accomplishment! I have loose skin too, I just look at it as my battle scars and as constant reminder that I never want to go back to the way I was. Kudos!

~Dee

trishn222
06-27-2006, 11:47 AM
You are doing great and you will figure out what to do with the skin once you get down to goal. Also :welcome:

Trish

phantastica
06-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Welcome! You've done a fabulous job so far!

I worry about skin, too. I was in denial forever that I wasn't THAT fat, to need skin-removal surgery. I think I will need it. I like what Trish said, that you can worry about skin later. And I like what Dee said, about it being a reminder!

DishyFishy
06-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Welcome, Joy90. :wave: 100 pounds gone is a heck of an achievement. Well done!

I have that loose skin thing going on too--boobs, tummy, upper arms, and now my thighs. As I continue to drop weight it's only going to get worse. :shrug: Small price to pay for being healthier, IMO.

I know which of these pictures of me I prefer. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/member-gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=38625) :) And without a doubt, I love being able to do physical things with much greater ease now.

ScarlettDrawl
06-27-2006, 12:07 PM
:welcome: to the group. Phenomenal, phenomenal, phenomenal job! You've gotten great advice so far but I had to say that. Stick around so we can get to know you better.

Nicklewise
06-27-2006, 12:24 PM
WTG! You must be so proud of yourself, you are doing so well, keep us updated!

And of course welcome to 3FC!

KristasMom
06-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Yes, it is unfortunate that we have loose skin - It would be so much cooler if the diabetes we DON'T have showed up on the outside instead!

Congratulations - it's so nice to be inspired by you.

Sue

YP1
06-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Welcome, and well done on the 100lb loss. I'm with you on the loose skin, but like a lot of others I'd rather be thin, fit and a bit untoned than back where I was when I started this whole thing. Most of the time it's hidden (although I have some rather unflattering race photos (http://www.prosportphotos.com/cgi-bin/show-image-page.cgi?image=IR2Z3513.jpg&image_dir=..%2Frunning%2F2006%2Fblackpool-marathon%2Fhalf-marathon-finish%2Fimages&show_arrows=0&event_dir=..%2Frunning%2F2006%2Fblackpool-marathon%2Fhalf-marathon-finish&template=..%2Fauto-html%2Fcgi-template.htm&order_buttons=..%2Fauto-html%2Fadd-to-basket-table.htm&event_title=Blackpool+Marathon+and+Half+Marathon+-+Sunday+4th+June+2006&page_title=ProSportPhotos+-+Blackpool+Marathon+and+Half+Marathon+-+Sunday+4th+June+2006&first_image=1&last_image=1000&chapter_title=Blackpool+Marathon+and+Half+Marathon +-+Sunday+4th+June+2006&x=78&y=109)). But you know what, I'd rather be able to run a half marathon in under 2 hours than have a completely toned body. Of course I'd like both, but I'll choose fitness rather than aesthetics any day, particularly when it can be hidden when I don't run in a crop top... (this was the week after (http://www2.sportcam.net/site3/public/custom.php?add=1261200&event=673), and doesn't give the same clues of what's hiding underneath the t-shirt!)

deleted
06-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I just wanted to say welcome and way-to-go-girl!!!! That's quite an accomplishment. I would definitely save pennies for the day when I might decide (or not) to get the extra skin taken care of, but in the meantime, just be proud of yourself and keep on doing the right thing!

shrinkingchica
06-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Joy- You are doing beautifully............so Congrats! And don't worry about the loose skin.

And therefore, Right On Dee! We got us some battle scars! :)

Joy90
06-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Thank you all for all your comments and support! I do weight trian twice a week so I am trying to tone my mucsles. Saving for surgery I guess is an option- but its soo much money and I will need savings for retirement. I would need to basically get a whole buddy lift/tuck, lol. Anyway, thanks yout comments made me feel better. Someone asked what diet I am on- I am not on one. I love to cook so I just try to make healthy good tasting meals that utilize a lot of whole foods (whole grians, nothing frozen, fresh veggies and fruits). The key for me has really been making everything myself - even my desserts- this way I havent eliminated any foods from my diet. I have just tried to create more balance. Portion control has also been super important nd of corse excercise. I try to get the the gym 4 days a week.
I was wondering- does anyone know how to get those little scales that were on many of your posts? It looks like they list the goal weight and the current weight. I think that is so cool!!!

phantastica
06-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Here is where you can get a tracker:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php

Cassie501107
06-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Welcome! Wow, 100lbs lost...that's just amazing! Congrats to you; you should be SO proud! I think you look great.;)

teahoney
06-28-2006, 11:58 AM
I am curious, how long did it take you to lose the weight?

dragonwoman64
06-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi, Joy, great going on losing 100 lbs, you must feel fantastic!

you're 24, so you have a little time to save for retirement ;) Save the money, and see what happens. Maybe you'll want to spend it on the surgery, maybe not.

Joy90
07-03-2006, 08:56 PM
It took about 1 year to loose 100 pounds. I think- something like that.
Oh and thanks for the information about the tracker1
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/lb/380/180/255/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

chick_in_the_hat
07-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Way to go, JOY!! Be proud of yourself. :D

I wish I had been weight training all along - I didn't start weight training until like a year after I first lost most of my weight. Since starting with weight training I have been losing verrrrry slowly (I don't fault the weight training for the slow weight loss - it's more in my lack of portion control) if you only count what the scale says. But I have gone from a tight size 16 to a size 10. I owe it all to weight training. Give yourself some time before you decide about surgery - it is a very big step. I am at the point now where I am happy the way I am. (It will take some time for your skin to catch up to your weight loss). I still have loose skin - but I'm 40 now...I probably would have gone there anyway.

:carrot: Keep up the good work!!!!:carrot:

Stevi-rocks
07-04-2006, 04:30 AM
Sorry Off topic.

YP1~ Super cool 1st photo. You are so honest and so brave. ( My new hero)
Dishy fish~ Your hair cur suits you so very much! Its just darling!