Support Groups - Miss F.A.T Challenge ~ 3 Weeks!!

View Full Version : Miss F.A.T Challenge ~ 3 Weeks!!

JasonsLea
06-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't start the thread sooner. I usually like to start them either Sunday night or early Monday morning but stupid Charter messed up my internet AGAIN! So I had to wait till I got off work to make our new thread. Hope everyone's doing great!

Updated List (most recent WIs in bold):

Shari ~ 244.4
Courtnie ~ 188.4
Anguilla ~ 311
DC ~ 238
Cheryl ~ 207
Nola ~ 179
Wendy ~ 136
Korie ~ 175
Nikki ~ 188.5
Tricia ~ 258.5
Rosario ~ 232
Patty ~ 180
Gina ~ 206
707 ~ 185
Dinach ~ 230
Ellen ~ 230
Kim ~ 198
Jannelle ~ 209
Randee ~ 231

JasonsLea
06-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Okay, my WI was today and I came in at 244.4 which means I'm down .4 since last WI. Which I'm okay with considering TOM has hit me hard. Been feeling awful since he rolled in this weekend, eating just as bad. Started my new job today, I have a week of orientation in the classroom. I kept nodding off ALL day! It was so boring and corny. They had this video about safety that was in black and white and had people dressed like in the fifties. The employee of the video was named Billy and he annoyed me SO much! He kept saying crap like 'Gee golly' and 'Holy crow'. Made me want to throw the laptop on the ground and stomp on it! Take that Billy! Oh yeah, I am TOTALLY PMSing! And I have to go through this from 8 to 430 until Thursday! Grrr.

dustcatcher
06-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Well, Jasonslea, I hope your week gets better!
I am still 238 today. I've been stuck on this number forever, it seems!

dustcatcher

Wide in Winnipeg
06-27-2006, 12:55 AM
Jasonslea~ Is that PRE menstral/ Post menstral or Perpetual Menstral??? I think I have all!! I'm always in PMS mode these days!!:D
I'll be at the lake for a few days so I'll catch up to you all on Friday!!

JasonsLea
06-27-2006, 01:02 AM
Thanks DC!

Everyone, if you don't see me around tomorrow, it's because of stupid CHARTER! I got home, called them, the internet was working for like three hours and now it's down again. I HATE CHARTER! I called again and a tech is supposed to come out Wednesday morning. Right now, I'm using my BF's aol. If I can't drop in tomorrow, I'll see you all Wednesday! Love ya and keep chatting!

JasonsLea
06-27-2006, 01:03 AM
Wendy ~ I have NO idea! I'm just know I'm PMSing! LOL Have fun at the lake.

sotypical
06-27-2006, 02:14 PM
I hate charter tooo grrrrrrr. Haha not that I use them or ever have, but I used to work for MSN and we dealt with people that used them and yah... they aren't the worst tho. Comcast and.... can't think of the other one are worse I think.

Still no loss, hopefully on my weigh in day (saturday)

JasonsLea
06-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Courtnie, I used to work for Verizon Online and they suck ***! Charter sent out a guy this morning and he told my little sister that it was our computer!! **** NO! I called those *******s and had them send someone out for Friday when I'll be home. I want him to look me in the eye and tell me it's our computer when I KNOW it's not! He ain't leaving this house till our internet is working perfectly dammit!

Rosario
06-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Shari-you definitely need to change your internet provider, girl. you have had way too much problems with them! don't you hate those orientations? they always talk about the same crap that we already know. what a waste of time!! I hope you are getting paid for it!

uh oh!! scale says 235. it's not official yet, but I am worried. I do hope it goes down or I'll go on a psycho binge or something like that. Lol

upswife
06-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Good morning all! I am hanging in there today. Exercise went well yesterday, except I think I bothered my elbow on the computer yesterday, so it made some of the exercises a little difficult. I am going to minimize my time on them through the weekend, and hopefully it will be better. Also I am thinking maybe I can fit a trip to the chiropractor in today as well. I will have to see if she can squeeze me in.

Gotta run, i have tons of laundry to fold!!

bejeweled*curves
06-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Good morning ladies ;) Shari, I hope you're feeling better. I can relate all too well. Some months I have PMS(pre) DMS(during :dizzy: ) and PMS(post)!

Anyhoo, I'm down about 4 pounds since saturday, I think cause I'm detoxing. Don't know how long it'll last though. Good luck to everyone. Don't give up. :flow1:

gigis
06-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Down today to 206, 6 more to go!!---Gina

JasonsLea
06-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Shari-you definitely need to change your internet provider, girl. you have had way too much problems with them! don't you hate those orientations? they always talk about the same crap that we already know. what a waste of time!! I hope you are getting paid for it!

uh oh!! scale says 235. it's not official yet, but I am worried. I do hope it goes down or I'll go on a psycho binge or something like that. Lol

I slept through most of my orientation. So freakin boring.

Don't you DARE go on a binge Ro!

JasonsLea
06-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Good morning all! I am hanging in there today. Exercise went well yesterday, except I think I bothered my elbow on the computer yesterday, so it made some of the exercises a little difficult. I am going to minimize my time on them through the weekend, and hopefully it will be better. Also I am thinking maybe I can fit a trip to the chiropractor in today as well. I will have to see if she can squeeze me in.

Gotta run, i have tons of laundry to fold!!

Hope your elbow gets better soon Ellen. :hug:

JasonsLea
06-30-2006, 01:03 AM
Jannelle ~ Congrats! I'm feeling okay now. TOM is gone! Question: how do you detox?

Gina ~ WOOOTT!

SupersizedChicky
06-30-2006, 03:40 AM
Hey Shari, and all you challengers, don't mean to butt in, but I wanted to invite you to the August 1st challenge. If you have room in your lives for yet another challenge, come on by and say hello.

bejeweled*curves
07-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi Shari :hug: I'm glad you're feeling better. Who's Tom?

An answer to your question: I've been doing this lemonade detox thing, you may have heard of it. The drink consists of lemon juice(preferrably fresh squeezed from organic lemons), pure maple syrup(again, preferrably organic) and cayenne pepper. You mix 8oz. of water(I use distilled) with 2 tbs. of lemon juice, 1 tbs. pure maple syrup and about 1/10 tsp. cayenne(that's kinda hard for me to measure, so I just sprinkle to taste.) Throughout the day, you drink about 5-7 glasses and in between, you drink herbal tea, fresh squeezed fruit juices, vegetable juices and vegetable broth. Of course I drink plain water also, but because I'm already getting a lot of water with the lemonade, I don't drink as much. I found the detox in the july 17, 2006 issue of First magazine and figured I'd try it, I'm sure my body could use a good detox. I haven't been as consistant with it as I would like, for someone who loves food, its hard to stick to it strictly. But what I've been able to do so far has made me feel a little lighter on the inside and gave me energy I wasn't expecting. :cb: Anyways, you're supposed to do it for 7 days straight, but I end up doing alternating days :shrug:

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Jannelle:dust:

punkrockgrryl
07-01-2006, 11:25 AM
hey everyone- i've been out of the loop for a while i guess- to whoever asked about what a nalgene (http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/subcategory.asp?categorysubcategorycode=37)is-- they sell a whole range of things but i'm in love (and dependent on) their 32oz bottles. in fact, seeing as how not having it threw me off so much last week, i'm off to buy a 'reserve' today. i try and drink 2 a day-- it's easy to keep track of how much i've had to drink and they're easy to carry around. mine's with me (almost) all the time.

so anyway- i stank at drinking water last week and only made it to kickboxing 2 days last week (germany/sweden last saturday was just to much for me to resist!). this week, i've done MUCH better with water and made it to kickboxing 3 days already (so i'm ready for the brazil/france game free and easy!:D ).

bejeweled*curves- i LOVE the lemon/cayenne water-- it's also a good pick-me-up after an evening of overindulgence (i.e. too much boozin)

Wide in Winnipeg
07-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Jannelle~ That detox you are doing is called "the Master Cleanser" I have the book but I couldn't stick to it!!lol! Just need to have solids!:D Good luck with it and if theres anything more you would like to know about it, I'll dog it out and let you know!!

Have a great day ladies!

JasonsLea
07-02-2006, 02:30 AM
Hi Shari :hug: I'm glad you're feeling better. Who's Tom?

An answer to your question: I've been doing this lemonade detox thing, you may have heard of it. The drink consists of lemon juice(preferrably fresh squeezed from organic lemons), pure maple syrup(again, preferrably organic) and cayenne pepper. You mix 8oz. of water(I use distilled) with 2 tbs. of lemon juice, 1 tbs. pure maple syrup and about 1/10 tsp. cayenne(that's kinda hard for me to measure, so I just sprinkle to taste.) Throughout the day, you drink about 5-7 glasses and in between, you drink herbal tea, fresh squeezed fruit juices, vegetable juices and vegetable broth. Of course I drink plain water also, but because I'm already getting a lot of water with the lemonade, I don't drink as much. I found the detox in the july 17, 2006 issue of First magazine and figured I'd try it, I'm sure my body could use a good detox. I haven't been as consistant with it as I would like, for someone who loves food, its hard to stick to it strictly. But what I've been able to do so far has made me feel a little lighter on the inside and gave me energy I wasn't expecting. :cb: Anyways, you're supposed to do it for 7 days straight, but I end up doing alternating days :shrug:

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Jannelle:dust:

OH MY GOD! Shut up! I brought that magazine the other day and saw the lemonade diet!! This is so freaky! I actually went to a health food store today to look at the prices and such and the woman behind the counter does the detox to and was helping me out. Me and my BF decided that we would give it a try together when I get my first paycheck in two weeks. Oh you have to give me advice and such. How does the lemonade taste? Do you get headaches, feel dizzy, etc? Are you hungry at all?

Edited to add: TOM is the name we use for our periods.
TOM = Time Of Month. :)

JasonsLea
07-02-2006, 02:32 AM
bejeweled*curves- i LOVE the lemon/cayenne water-- it's also a good pick-me-up after an evening of overindulgence (i.e. too much boozin)

So this will DEFINITELY be good for me! LOL

JasonsLea
07-02-2006, 02:33 AM
Jannelle~ That detox you are doing is called "the Master Cleanser" I have the book but I couldn't stick to it!!lol! Just need to have solids!:D Good luck with it and if theres anything more you would like to know about it, I'll dog it out and let you know!!

Have a great day ladies!

Wendy, please tell me anything from the book that you can. I'm just too cheap to buy it.

Wide in Winnipeg
07-02-2006, 04:32 PM
I'll dig it out later and post whatever I can tomorrow.....
Actually I don't know if we can promote anything like that on here, I'm going to PM Susanne and ask if it's ok first,I'll let you know!!
Have a good one!

ANGUILLADREAM
07-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Oh my goodness!!!!! I thought I lost you guys!!!! Ive been frantically looking for the thread....glad too know it just wasnt made yet!!!! Thanks JasonsLea!!!! Glad you guys are all doing ok. Ive been stuck in the famous Atkins stall...everyone that sees me is acting like Im wasting away...so many compliments on the weight lost, but alas...its mostly inches (which Im not complaining about either, mind you) but the scale is almost refusing to budge. I read up on stalling and I see that it can happen up to 3 weeks if not a month at a time but that fat is still burning. Actual weight loss is only about 1-2 pounds a week....darn, when you want to lose 100...that spells out a long time of dieting....but I intentionally stop myself from self sabotaging like I have so many times in the past. Im not going to stop girls...I dont want any of you to stop either....glad to say Im down two pounds from my last posted weight though...from 313 to 311. Ive been everywhere from 308 to 310 in between...I really think Im about 309 or so because I havent taken my BP meds in about 2 days...it makes me put on water weight immediately...but for the purposes of the challenge...Ill take the 311...good luck girls!!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/fireworks01/lb/315/298/311/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

tlujan1
07-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Hey Sheri and Bejewed, I did that detox about 6 years ago. You are supposed cleanse the bowels as well. Drink warm water about 16oz with a couple of tbsp of sea salt. Do this every morning and sit on the pot. This will cleanse you out. Then drink the limonaid. Do this for a week or so. You will loss about 10 pounds, but even better your colon will be cleansed. This is good especially if you eat meat.

T

Wide in Winnipeg
07-02-2006, 10:15 PM
No way could I do the salt water treatment!! GROSS!! Man, one sip and that was it for me!
Still waiting on an answer from a higher up on 3FC to see if it's ok to post about it!
Have a good evening !!

JasonsLea
07-03-2006, 02:51 AM
Anguilla ~ You go girl! Keep at it!

Tlujan ~ Thanks for the info.

Wendy ~ You could just PM me the info. :)

JasonsLea
07-03-2006, 02:52 AM
Thread closed. Please see Miss FAT Challenge ~ 2 Weeks! in the Chicks up for a Challenge forum because we ARE Chicks up for a challenge! LOL

Edited to add: If you all don't like the thread in that forum, I'll ask for it to be put back in this forum. :)