Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #12!

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #12!

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 03:21 PM
WELCOME to Back In Kindergarten #12 to anyone reading this!:wave:

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......~* Jules :df:

Please join us in our chit chat as we discuss our weight loss journey and daily lives!!!
:cofdate: :tread: :ebike: :woops: :running: :cofdate:

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Bep post from #11

For me, I have a ton of different motivators.

1) I am going to be 29 in a few days...which is going to put me at 30 in just over a year. I want to look good BEFORE I turn 30.

2) I want to have another baby...hopefully be pregnant around the time I turn 30. I have had 2 c-sec and desperately want to try for a VBAC with #3. Better health may help me be able to do that...who knows???

3) I am so stinkin sick of dodging out of pictures. I want to feel ok about having pictures taken with my children. I barely have any at all with them...and I don't like the few that I do have because I can't look at them and remember the fun we were having...only can think about how rediculous I look.

4) I HATE plus sized clothing. It is poopy and granny! Now...I am pretty conservative in dress (I go for skirts knee length or longer, no cleavage, stuff like that). That isn't going to change just because I get thinner...it's just me. I don't like the whole 'flaunt your body' kind of thing. I don't feel the need to have men drool over me and have other women jealous. But I still want to be able to wear cuter clothes! I want to shop for the same sizes as my sisters and friends when I am out with them instead of just hanging out and saying 'oh...that is cute' but not even being able to pick up something and try it on. I want to be able to find cute clothes! No such thing in the plus-sized world.

The list go on and on...sooooooo many reasons not to be overweight!!!

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Michelle post from #11

SUSAN... CONGRATS on losing that stubborn pound! All of that exercising has really helped out! I'm so tired of this 102 degree weather; it makes everyone tired and irritable!

BEP... WOW, CONGRATS on losing 3 pounds! Being down in the teens is such an accomplishment! I think your motivators are great! I totally agree with the plus size clothing being granny looking; I hate it! So did you say that you are also counting calories? If so, are you using Fitday?

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 03:37 PM
1 more!!! Bep post from #11

Michelle No...I am not using Fitday. I look at the packages of things I use and I use http://www.nutritiondata.com/ to look up whatever doesn't have a label on it. I keep a word document right here on my laptop and log every time I eat something. Ya know...our starting weights and goal weights are similar! 150 is only a temp goal weight for me. I want to get rid of the 'chunk' first, then I can work on toning down to 140 or 130ish. I have to wait and see when I get there. All my adult years have been spent at 160+ so I don't know what I will look like at 150 or less. I weighed about 165/170 about 6 years ago when I got married. About 4 months later I started gaining and exploded to well over 200. Since then, I have never been below 210 with all the yo-yo & crazy low-carb dieting. I want to get to the weight I was 6 yrs ago when I got married, but I don't want to stop there either. I am sooooo done being fat and that is all there is to it. I am doing this and what's funny is I am the only one who can mess it up for me so I only have myself to blame for screw-ups.

FrouFrou
06-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Hello ladies...

Just when I was getting used to finding us here we are going to be moved, poopy. :( Did you ladies see the notice at the top about the forum being moved July 1 to the Support forum? Might want to take a gander. Anyway...

Started the day by over sleeping. Stayed up too late trying to finish my book. Had planned on getting up at 6 and going for a walk at the park, come back water the lawn, clean some and then head to It Figures. Still did it all but instead of the park I walked 1.51 miles on the treadmill...the rest is done though. And I just finished my lunch. Couldn't decide between a lean cuisine pizza or english muffin with peanut butter and an apple...went with the muffin and apple and boy was it good! :T Off to a good start for the week. I am bound and determined to be in ONEDERLAND next WI! Again, same ole, same ole...stuck at 201.6, lol. Don't know where the 1.5 pounds went but who cares...it's gone! Guess it was just from TOM.

SUSAN...good to see ya back and I hear ya about the money thing, here today, gone tomorrow. Hope you are feeling better and Doug is as well. Swimming sounds so nice...our little pool here gets so busy and I don't really want to get in a suit yet, but one day. Hate that there is a pool and I never use it. Okay, did I miss that you lost a stubborn pound? :bravo: to you missy! :carrot: I saw a Napoleon wannabe...that stupid, and I do mean STUPID...Date Movie...they did a little part at the beginning of the movie, it was kind of funny. The little part, not the movie. Don't know who was playing Napoleon but he looked almost identical...his shirt said "Don't Vote For Pedro" lol.

HI MICHELLE...hope you are feeling well today. I am surprised at the temps you guys are having. Seems like when it's hot there we have the cool weather and when it's cool there it's hot here. This morning the bank said it was 65...really nice walking weather. Hope tomorrow it is the same...I do plan on walking at the park first thing in the morning for sure. Would definitely prefer being outdoors than on the treadmill. The treadmill though is definitely good for short walks, but more than two miles, ick.

SHAWNA...happy moving! I've been there, done that too. I had a ford explorer that I moved quite a bit in and then had to hire movers to get the big stuff. It was a lot of trips but since it was a short distance move it actually seemed easier. I took boxes of stuff over and unpacked and put away the stuff as I took it there so it was the smoothest move I ever had...and I have moved a lot over the years, ugh. Hope you are feeling better.

BEP...those are some great motivators. I used to not have my picture took too but then realized that my kids will never have any pictures of me. So fat or not, I do have pictures taken now. There was a lot of stuff too that I wouldn't do. Kept saying, I will wait until I lose the weight...guess reading a bunch of books made me realize I shouldn't wait or put things on hold until I lost weight. So now I just enjoy, figure the weight will come off eventually but I am not going to stop living because of it, not saying that you are of course. I don't like looking at myself in pictures either but I will take them. :bravo: on your 3 lbs. gone forever! :carrot: You are doing a great job!

HI KATY, JULES, & KATHY, and anyone and everyone reading this. :wave:

Talked to Josh on the phone last night. He's doing good. They have had them do stuff to prepare them for their trip to Kuwait. Of course the whole training has been to prepare them for Kuwait/Iraq. They had to get a lot of their stuff packed to be sent overseas. For some reason he said they were shipping it to Japan where it will sit there for a while and then off to Kuwait to be there waiting for them when they get there. The trip was almost called off, darn it wish it would have been. Need to quit watching the world news and the stuff about Iraq...anyway...other than that nothing else going on with me.

Just finished my fourth bottle of water, yippee! :carrot: Trying to stay away from the diet coke...have one for breakfast and with dinner maybe. Today will be a 6 bottle day. I'll have another with a snack about 3:30 and then one while I cook dinner. Always try to have one while I cook because it fills me up and I eat less. Okay, guess i'll get going.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Hi Cristi-

No, I didn't see that about being moved. I will go read it in a second.

Gaby was sick and I had to go get her from the sitter. Poor baby, she was sitting in a corner - her clothes off because they were being washed. Anyway, I will go read that and be back ........

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Notice from Suzanne
Club Forums to be moved

We're moving the Club forums to the Support Groups area! Your current forums will appear as sub-forums, next to the 300 + group, Featherweights, and other forums. This will help organize the forum, and it will also bring your forums closer to the top so newbies will be able to find you. We will not be adding any new forums, we're just relocating the existing ones. This will not be effective until July 1, because we want to make sure everyone has a chance to read this notice and not feel lost when the move occurs.

FrouFrou
06-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Ya think ALL the groups are moving or just the Misc. Clubs? Hmmmm....

SUSAN...ah, what's wrong with Miss Gaby? {{{{{GABY}}}}} hope she feels better soon.

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Just the misc clubs.....lol - I dunno. It would be kind of nice to move up in the line of forums though and get out of the basement. I try and post as much as I am able because at least it keeps us on radar!! What I do for you chickies!! :D
I think Gaby was dehydrated, it is a guess. She was fine in the pool last night and started whimpering during the night. She was warm but not hot. I took her temp at 98 and she held her juice down on the way home. I went and bought some jucies and crackers for her at the store, when I came back she was asleep on my bed with Rachel.
I think she will be ok. I have off tomorrow to go down to a ceremony for my down in Salem - if she still isn't feeling well I guess I could always stay home.

I would be stressed if my child was in the military! HUGS to you!!

ugh.....someone is here for me......*bother*....

FrouFrou
06-26-2006, 05:18 PM
SUSAN...I am STRESSED! I try not to think about it but doesn't work. The thought of him going over there scares the h-e-double hockey sticks outta me! I wish I could go see him off before he goes but not possible. Last night after talking with Josh, my heart was doing funny things...don't like when I can actually feel my heart feeling like it was flip-flopping. UGH! Anyway...I agree...it would be nice to get out of the basement, lol! Just going to have to remember where the heck we are...:dizzy: Well, I hope Gaby gets to feeling better what ever is wrong with her. More {{{{{{GABY}}}}}} :hug:

Better get going. Was e-mailing my mother and thought I would check back here before signing off. Think I am caught up with all that stuff. V will be home in a few minutes and can't miss my Jeopardy, lol!

Take care and have a good day!

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 05:32 PM
I would be stressed too. Is there any support group for family?

My back to killing me with TOM, the older I get the worse the pain gets. I hate when Gaby is not feeling well. I hate this weather......wah, wah....

ugh - I better get busy! chat later....HUGS:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

chickiemama67
06-26-2006, 05:41 PM
ok so im going to miss wi day again, ill go in the morning before i go to work. we havent bought a scale for home yet daggumit.
started moving stuff again this morning. by the end of the day everything should be there except the beds. i had to be at work at 1 so dh and the kids are finishing everything else up. now the unpacking to look forward too.....blah.
im going to the dr tomorrow to see what the heck this pain is in my chest, it feels like pleurisy but as much lifting as ive done lately it might be a pulled muscle or something, all i know is it wont go away and its ticking me off!! i feel absolutely worthless at work right now, i cant lift anything over my head and when you have the tall shelving like we do that doesnt cut it.....so hopefully the dr can figure out what the crap is going on!!! i just hope i havent torn a muscle that would be really bad.
well back to work until close, i will check back later.
shawna

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Hey lil chickie (aka Shawna!) I will send you my scale!! You need the joy of weighing too!
Are you moving? I forget.
It is 103 right now - ugh. I am staying in my AC office.
Poor Rach & Gab though - it usually stays cool in the apt but it was kind of stuffy this morning.
I have drank 60 ozs of water so far today, feel good about that.
brrrrrrrrr, I am starting to get cold....lol

chat later!

Post so I have something to read!! waaaaa, waaaaaa:cool:

Michelle
06-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Good Afternoon Girlies -- This weather is a killer!!!:devil: :fr: :stress: :censored: :barf: :sp: :yikes: I'm already sick of it and summer has just started, but this is going just a little too far!!!:mad: Do you think I've made my opinion show LOL!:o

SUSAN... I'm so sorry about Gaby. It's so hard when the kids are sick, and especially the little ones. You're doing good on your water. My DH keeps refilling my glass because he said I'm not drinking enough for these hot days.:dizzy: So we're going to be moving up in the world on July 1st, but it will be easier to find us then, we can't hide anymore!:p

BEP... You're right, our stats are almost the same. I don't even know either about my goal weight until I ever get down there and see. I just know that the day I got married, I was 122 pounds, and when I graduated from HS, I was 115 pounds, oh the good ol days!:D I'm either going to start using Fitday or just having my own little notebook and write everything down in it.:^:

CRISTI... I'm jealous of your 65 degree weather -- PLEASE COME SAVE ME...PLEASE!!!:devil: ;) I'm sorry that you can't see Josh first before he would be sent away; that's horrible and I feel so bad for you and the whole family!:hug:

SHAWNA... I sure hope you find something out at the doctor! That's not a good situation with chest pains. I keep having the same pain on my right side, but I've had it for years and always been told it was probably from stress; I guess that's what they all say!:( :hug:

Well, I'm about to strip down to runnin around naked, I'm so desperate!:yikes: :lol3: :rofl: Wouldn't that just be a great site...NOT!!!:o

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi Michelle -

The ex is being a butt still. I think I could have half a chance at parenting if he would remove himself.
I asked the girls if they would move to Hawaii and they will get back to me.:cool:
I don't know....I need a spouse or a partner. I can't keep up with all this "life" stuff.
I don't know if I said this but I am proud of myself!! I asked the state lady if the plaque for my father could go to his family instead of the place he last worked. It is for his whole body of work and he worked in several places besides this one. He basically was a 1 man show and kept it going without money - amazing but he did it somehow. Anyway, she agreed it should be given to the family!! Soooooo happy about that...we go in the morning for the ceremony.

If you run naked, I will run naked Michelle and if I run naked......Bep will run naked and so on and so on......lol

chat later!!

Michelle
06-26-2006, 07:34 PM
SUSAN... So are you maybe going to move to Hawaii? I can't believe that the girls wouldn't just jump to that suggestion; mine sure would! I think that is really neat about the ceremony for your dad, and also the family getting the plack, thanks to you for speaking up.;) :hug: Why doesn't your ex work more with you regarding the girls? I just don't understand how he doesn't see that things would run much better if he did!:?: I'm going to go crazy here pretty soon in this heat!! Where is Cristi, she's supposed to rescue me!:devil:

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Michelle I think I could only go if the girls would go with me. Before there was an issue with Gabsters dad but he hasn't seen her in a year now. I don't think the courts would keep me from going knowing that, or would they??
Anyway- we have 2 round trip tickets on our miles thingie. Can't we just have 4 one way tickets instead?? .....logical to me. I would just sell everything and take pictures and clothes - it is a wonderful escape at least thinking about it.
Ex just likes the control while wondering why the girls are the way they are...he has raised them. I haven't had a voice in much of it. lol......

awww, I dread 45 minutes when I have to leave my AC office!! It should be cooler tomorrow Michelle :) hugs to you!!!

jules1216
06-26-2006, 09:26 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say hi!! Lightning and thunder and flash flooding...o..my... Feeling a little better--muscle relaxer help the tightness but made me into a zombie. Got the other prescription today and it has helped with the edginess.....

Hopefully the storms will pass!!

Michelle
06-26-2006, 11:15 PM
On the 5 oclock news, they said that someone called in from a town that is about 15 miles south of us, and reported it was 118F!!!:yikes:

chickiemama67
06-27-2006, 12:29 AM
ok were almost done.......ya!!! have to be at work at 6 am, but i get off at 2 to go to the dr.......woopty doo :rofl:
thanks for the offer susan but i think we can get one here lol.
i will keep everyone posted on the dr visit.
night yall
shawna

jules1216
06-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Good Morning--quickie post before starting my day. The anxiety pill is making much more calmer--if I can just make it until my co-worker/friend makes it back at least part-time I will be okay.

DD & her friend have painted their little house--I saw the color samples but not the finished product yet. DD's friend is a art major and has a good eye for color. DD's bedroom is blue of course, DD's friend bedroom is a rose color, The bathroom will be decorated with rubber ducky's--(DD already has shower curtain and some accessories-They painted the walls blue and the cabinents Yellow & got a border with ducky's., The kitchen is a pale yellow that they liked better on the sample paper--the say it looks white not yellow--they are deciding to go with a darker yellow or go dramatic with turquoise to match DD's turquoise and lime color dishes. The living room is a pretty coral color and I forget the color of the dining/computer/study room. The place needs a little work since it is older. DH is concerned that some of the locks on the windows don't work so he is going to fix those and the breaker box is actually outside so he wants to put a lock on it too so only the girls can get into it. His main concern is that since it is older--will the girls have problems--DD smiled and hugged him and said that's why she has him!! He will grumble about it but get it done. The landlord is older and actually installed a better lock on the back door and is getting a deadbolt & chain for the front one--he wants the girls to be safe. The house had been empty for awhile and a bunch of guys from the college lived there before. The yard needs some work so we will go over on Friday and clip,weed whack & mow again. The landlord paid someone to do it, but it was not done very well or finished.

Well I gotta go!!

RosieKate
06-27-2006, 10:06 AM
:carrot: One carrot for me - I'm down 1 pound!

Sorry - today's a drive-by....I have to get some work done on these curtains...hoping to get them done before we leave on Saturday. Ok now fellow Oregonians here...all day yesterday I was thinking, you know, If I'd wanted this kind of heat I'd live in Phoenix! It's not part of the deal, man...Oregon is supposed to be MILD.... Mild I tell you It's a state full of people who get cranky when it hits 82 and it hasn't rained in a week...oh I need to calm down...crazy from the heat...Hub saw a sign on the street at some garage that said it was 112....of course all I think is that it's global warming..going a little nuts

I took the kids to the pool by the high school yesterday and it was a lot of fun - great way to beat the heat, but it's 10 bucks a pop....the outdoor pool is really nice on a hot day, but I may end up taking them to the community center next time as we have a family card there.

Well, other than that not much else happening here. DH and I saw Hairspray the musical on Sunday and enjoyed it very much. MIL treated us for our anniversary...what a sweetie. The rest of the week is all about working on the house and getting ready for our road trip to Condon. I'll be back later to chat some more...until then have a great day everyone!

bep
06-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi all! DH & I have been working on painting the new guest room we had added in the basement. We have a partially finished basement, just need to finish with a drop ceiling. We have a full bath down there and no one uses it so we decided to put in another room for a guest room. Hopefully, we will get all the painting done and things put together down there before July 4th since we will have a house full for a few days. I want to find a pool table for the rec area down there also. I want to try to find a nice one really cheap second hand. Since we would only be doing it for fun now and then, I don't want to dump a ton of money into a brand new one. :p Maybe sometime soon I will find one for free in the paper..yeah right! :p Stranger things have happened though!

Owie! I have bad rug burn on both of my knees. DH & I each had one of our kids on our backs last night 'riding the horsie'. We were going around and around the house. I was wearing shorts so my knees are burning big time. :p It was a blast though.

OK...one more 'whine'. I spent all day Saturday getting caught up on my landscaping work. I was wearing a spaghetti strap tank and got a nasty sunburn right over my tan. :p It is still sore...the worse when I am in the shower. :p Ok...can't whine about that after all - it all was my own stupid fault. :lol:

How are you all today??? Everyone having a fun ole time of it today?

:lol: I just gave my baby girl a big ole zerbert on her tummy and she tried to give me one back on my face...I just got another shower! :lol: She is so stinkin' cute!!!

Mom2Gaby
06-27-2006, 12:11 PM
grrrrrrrrr, I wanna maime children!!! They aren't ready to go!! I was on schedule until I realized they were still in bed whining why they had to go to the ceremony for grandpa - and if they went, they didn't want to be seen *eyes roll* get the frick out of bed!!!!!

Good Morning! It is another *&^%$%^&* hot day!!! My sister , who doesn't drive asked me if I had AC....she is such a car snob. Has no children, never been married. I have the kids mobile.....of course her nose turns up at my filth,,,,,, hey!!! you never know when you might be hungry for a chicken nugget - certain to find one in my car.....might even have some sauce on it.....bets are around Gabys chair.....hehe

ugh.....I am late - gotta go.

Hi Jules, Shawna ,Michelle, Cristi, Bep , Kathy and Katy (congrats on the pound)!!! Chat later

FrouFrou
06-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Hiya Chickies :wave:

Can't believe the temps you ladies in Oregon are having. Have to agree with you Katy about it being global warming. Hope it cools down for you guys soon. We are at a cool 72 and only supposed to get up to 87. But the 90's are back tomorrow for the rest of the week. I haven't seen 113/118 since living in the desert in CA...the highest it got was 118.

SUSAN...there are support groups, just haven't found one yet. I have been looking online and found a lot, can't remember where but was kind of looking for some place close to home...there's got to be something here I mean, we have a stinking Air base here. I'll find something, soon I hope. Have a nice time at the ceremony and wtg on getting the plaque given to the family...but who get's it? I too can't believe that the girls wouldn't want to go to Hawaii! But at the same time I can understand them not wanting to leave their home and friends. But it would be a new adventure for them and I think they would like it.

MICHELLE...it is hard knowing that Josh (DS) will be heading to Iraq. Not so worried about Kuwait, although anything could happen there as well...just really worried about him being in Iraq. I watched the world news and saw where those two kids were killed and they thought beheaded, and then yesterday a kid was home because he had is arm shot off. Really need to quit watching the world news.

KATY...WTG on the one carrot! :bravo: I think that is the only way to spend the day with 100+ degree weather...in a pool! Bet it was busy there. Glad you and hubby enjoyed Hairspray.

SHAWNA...hope all goes well at the doctors today. Glad you decided to go and find out what's going on. Reminded me that I haven't had my yearly, ick. Just hate going.

JULES...I am loving all the colors in DD's house. I too am into color...maybe not the bright colors they are doing but I love color in the house-it liven's it up. The only room that is white is DS's (Jason) he hasn't decided on a color yet. Anyway, love the duckies in the bath...sounds so cute! The turquiose made me think of my Aunt...she was into the southwestern look and colors and painted her refrigerator turquiose. That's all anyone talked about for a while and I kept picturing this horrible looking thing. Finally went to see it and I thought it looked good. It was turquiose but it wasn't bright and didn't look out of place...it looked good. Glad DH is a handyman...that does help doesn't it? Glad the meds are helping you and hopefully the co-worker/friend gets back to work soon to help out.

BEP...you never know missy...I got a piano once for free...just had to pick it up. Did some damage to my dad's truck getting it home but it was his fault so...lol. We moved and had to get rid of it...was just too big to move. Pool tables are nice to have. We had one or actually DH had one when I met him...when we bought our first house together he decided it was too big a pain to move, which I know it would have been but still would have liked to have it-love to shoot pool. We also had a ping pong table...that's fun to play too. Now our basement is just a family room, office, two bedrooms (one is used as an exercise room) and bath. I bet you can find one cheap though. So what color are you guys going to paint?

Not much going on...I over slept again. Don't know what is wrong with me. I went to bed at 9:30 but didn't go to sleep. Was watching How to Get The Guy-anyone seen that? It's a reality show about four women trying to find the guy. I did watch it all and then fell alseep with the t.v. on. Set my alarm for 6, not sure why so changed it this morning at 5 to 7. But didn't get up until 8. Geez, I thought I turned over for a minute and a hour had passed. Feel so tired lately. The weather still wasn't so bad when I finally got to the park. I did work up a sweat though...walked three miles, four times around the park. Then came home and cleaned my bedroom, made the bed, cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed my room and Josh's room, and the hallway. Now just need to dust the living room and dining area and clean the kids bath and vacuum. And that's about all I have for now.

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Chat with ya later! :wave:

jules1216
06-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Popping in real quick for Cristina:

A friend gave me this website:
http://deploymentlink.osd.mil/deploy/family/family_support.shtml

Michelle
06-27-2006, 05:39 PM
HIYA GIRLIES:wave: I am SO ready for a cool down here! It's still supposed to get up to 90F today, and in the 80s the rest of the week. It just hasn't completely cooled down in our home yet.:devil:

SUSAN... I hope your day goes good and the girls don't give you any problems at the ceremony.:o I bet there will be lots of people there, because of how well known your dad was. Try to just stay cool though!:hug:

CRISTI... I can't wait until our weather cools down some so that I can get back to my exercising and taking walks up at the park. My DD has been wanting to go, but it's just too hot for me; with her being smaller, the heat doesn't get to her as bad as it does me.:( :hug:

BEP... You and your DH are so good to your kids, and you have so much fun with them! You are such a good mommy!:hug:

JULES... The colors of your DD's house sound so neat! I bet she's having lots of fun doing the decorating. I'm glad your meds are helping, and hopefully things will be fine until your co-worker gets back!:hug:

KATY... CONGRATS on the pound down!:cp: :dance: :cb: :dancer: :cheer: Hope you have fun and stay cool in the pool!:hug:

jules1216
06-27-2006, 08:44 PM
I didn't think we'd make it home tonight, our road is almost to deep to drive my little car across and then the driveway has a small creek running across it!!

Michelle ma belle--nice to see you back!! They are having fun.

Cristina--all the colors are really soft--unless they do go with bright turquoise or lime green kitchen!!

SuzyQ--hope your doing okay & the Gabster is feeling better...

Bep--I miss the kids being little--not in the I am having an attack of empty nest syndrome and want to cry or have another baby sorta way, but in a look back and smile kinda way!! They were soooo cute and soo much less trouble!!

Katy--yes for the one pound loss!!!

Shawna--hope your Dr's visit went okay and he can get you feeling better!!

Well I brought some work home to do and I want to get it done before I take the muscle relaxer before bedtime!!

jules1216
06-27-2006, 08:51 PM
PS--it looks like ALL the groups in this whole bottom section will be moved!!! I hope I don't get lost...I mean were only in kindergarten--I don't know if I am ready to be thrown into highschool and being crushed in the crowds!!!!!

jules1216
06-27-2006, 08:52 PM
I guess it's my turn to talk to myself, but I really have to go!!! I have homework!!!!

jules1216
06-27-2006, 08:56 PM
I bet Bep made something really good for supper...I think we are both east coasters...I wonder how long it would take me to drive to her house.....
Shawna would be the next closest, then Cristina....then if I went west coast there would be Katy, SuzyQ & Michelle ma Belle all in close to the same spot...
If you look on an east coast map where I-70 & I-81 intersect I work closer than live closer to that spot.

jules1216
06-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Okay..I am really going now......

Sassy_Chick
06-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Hey Ladies!

Hey Jules, long time no see. lol. :wave:

It's Lil ole me, Sassy, who's been MIA! I was feeling low and blue and came here and now I feel much better and not so alone. :) I guess at times we all feel that way.

I haven't been doing well eating wise, but I plan on doing much better! :D Tonight for dinner we're having Lamb w/ Rosemary on the grill, My Mil's Oven Roasted Potatoes, and probably a nice spring green salad too.

Tomorrow not sure what we'll have. We bought some nice lean pork chops so maybe some of those, on the grill or something. Our friend took us too a cool store, The Wild Oats Store that is all natural and organic grocery store. So we've been going there for a few things lately and I found an awesome Lemonade there! It is very yummy! It's all natural and is not too sweet and tastes just like old fashioned lemonade, infact that is what its called is Old Fashioned Lemonade. :)

So :wave: everybody, I hope you are doing well!

chickiemama67
06-28-2006, 12:47 AM
ok i went to work at 6 am worked till 1:30 went to the dr, and what ya know its pleurisy .....they did a chest xray and an ekg just to make sure and everything was clear on those. so he gave me a prednisone pack to take, which im not real happy about since some of the side effects are bloating and increase of appetite......like i need an increase of appetite.....:rofl:
then after the dr i went home and we finished moving.....ya!! got everything unloaded now its time to unpack.....blah!! oh i had a volleyball game at 9 which we won all 3 games.....yippy!! it was so hot and humid tonight i think i sweated off 10 lbs......:D ....i had to weigh at the drs office but im not going by that scale because its always heavier then where i weigh at, plus it was 2 in the afternoon and i weigh in the morning.....i know excuses, excuses. well im off to bed, have to be back at work at 7 am.
night night,
shawna

bep
06-28-2006, 12:48 AM
I bet Bep made something really good for supper...

:lol: :lol: :lol: DH actually called this afternoon and asked if he could bring some KFC home. Of course, I don't eat that so I was scratching my head about what I wanted to make for just me. I wasn't in the mood for a salad so I was going to have to cook up something. So...I went to my garden and got some basil and parsley. I minced it with a few cloves of garlic, salt, and some ground pepper. Then I took a cubed steak that I happened to have thawed and wiped some olive oil over it then smeared it with the herb mince I made. I cooked it up in some pan spray. Then I sauted a big ole bunch of red onions with some other veggies.

There you go...that is what I made for supper! :D I bet you had NO clue you were going to get a play-by-play! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bep
06-28-2006, 12:57 AM
WOW! I've had a TON of exersize today! This morning I did some arms, abs, butt, and leg toning work. I painted all afternoon. I walked 2.6 miles this evening. Then I painted all night again. I am sore and pooped. Will chat more tomorrow.

Mom2Gaby
06-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Good Morning!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Sassy/ Shel it is nice to have you back with us!! We have Wild Oats here too, I have never been inside. Though it is probably close to a Trader Joes?? What do you think Katy?? You probably been in both of them. Anyway it is good to have you here!

I ate a chonga bagel for breakfast. My car is making nosies and thinking it is shocks and brake pads - more expense. Good thing my brother manages a Les Schwab. I almost had my last bill below $100. *sigh*

I think I will close my door and get some work done. It was a tough day yesterday, I cried and cried. I am just feeling blag today. I did get in for the arts & crafts for camp!! lol......it'll be fun.

chat at you later!!

Mom2Gaby
06-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Back again!

Hope you are feeling ok today Shawna!

It is so much cooler weatherwise today! I think I even pulled the blanket over me to keep warm last night.
I brought fixins for salad from home for lunch. I am frusterated with the ex and I guess I will do a solo session by myself today. Fine.
I don't like chaos and that is all I have now with the kids. Course it is summer - they aren't on a schedule. They need to be getting tutoring in math - all my plans have fallen to the way side to keep em busy!!! Even Gaby is unruly...haha
ugh,,,,I need something to eat. Chat later!!

Sassy_Chick
06-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Hey all!

Susan thanks. :hug: It is really neat inside Wild Oats, we don't have a Trader Joes here so not sure if its simular.

Well chicas I just popped in to say hi as I need to get my behind in gear and begin cleaning. I got my laundry going so far. That sound account for something, right? :D

Have a Great Day!

Mom2Gaby
06-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Hi Sassy,
I think it is a close comparison. TJ has some really good salsa. Thanks, it is a pretty good day thus far!! Starving still - think it is close enough to noon to go make my salad.
Where is everyone? Sheesh ladies come on in and chat :D

FrouFrou
06-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Hello ladies :wave:

Sorry Susan...just a busy morning. I've been trying to get things done before getting on the computer. Now next week, I'm not even sure how much time I will spend here if any at all. I'll figure something out. V is home for a week...for some reason they changed shut down from the normal two weeks to one week, which is fine with me. I love my husband, but don't want him home all the time, lol. Anyway, we are going to start the pergola Saturday...he's building and I'm helping if he needs any, and, I am staining all the wood before it goes up. Figured it would be easier than doing it when it's done...me and ladders don't go together. Actually kind of excited about that, except that it is supposed to be in the high 90's, ick! Anyway...woke up early this morning and rather than toss and turn and try to go back to sleep I got up. Watered the front yard, made the bed, vacuumed, started a load of clothes, walked two miles on the treadmill and then headed to It Figures. Came home and took Ernie dog to the park for a walk, had a tuna sandwich and here I am. I got a lot done yesterday too...trying to keep the house clean again like I did when we had it for sale.

JULES...I had to go back and see what the heck I said...didn't even remember saying anything about bright colors :dizzy: I swear I am losing my mind. The colors sound nice and, I have seen a lime kitchen before and have to say it didn't look bad at all. I wouldn't have one myself, but it looked nice. And THANK YOU for the link. Took a quick look at it and wrote down the site to go back. Tried to access the one place and it was soooo slow...so definitely will go back.

MICHELLE...hopefully it cools down soon so you can get back to your walking. I too don't do good in the heat...can't take it, me and my fair skin. I remember going through Needles, CA once and the temp was 122 at noon. We had to stop at a motel for the night, it was just too hot and we all were tired. Had to drive with the windows down for fear the air would overheat the car. Anyway, the guy at the desk told DH to take me to the room and keep me there because it looked like I wasn't looking too good and he was afraid I was going to be sick in this heat. He was right...my face gets really red when I get too hot. And 122 in the desert, ick! I think the kids always do better than us and can take more.

SHAWNA...good that you found out what is wrong and it is nothing serious. Try to take it easy if you can...know that is easier said than done with being a manager and moving! WTG on your volleyball games, woohoo! :cheer:

SHEL...good to see you back, we missed you. Thought maybe we scared you off, lol! Sorry you were feeling low and blue. :hug: We are here for you though if you ever want to talk.

BEP...again your dinner sounded good. I am dragging out my cookbooks to make different things. Get so tired of the same old stuff week after week. I go through phases though where I like to try new things and then get tired of cooking. I have been cooking since I was a teenager and some times I just want a break from it all. WTG on your workout. Sounded like me yesterday, busy, busy, busy. Late evening DH mowed the back yard and I told him I would mow the front so ended the day with more exercise.

MS SUSAN...what the heck is Doug's problem? I think you are handling him well though, considering. I know it's hard because you guys have to come together for the kids, so you just hang in there. It will get better...it has too. Hope nothing is seriously wrong with your car, I know that is the last thing you need right now. What the heck is a chonga bagel? Glad you got in for the arts and crafts at the camp...that sounds like loads of fun and a nice little get away.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Probably should go get that load of clothes out of the dryer and get it folded and put away. Other than that nothing new here. Chat with you ladies later.

Take care and have a good day!

Mom2Gaby
06-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Cristi -
from what I gathered and tasted the chango bagel had this baked cheese on top with a garlic/onion taste to it. I didn't buy cream cheese for it so I figured I was AOK..:D
what is a pergola???
my car is stressing me too - the sound is getting louder. Just think it is the shocks and pads. I need to take it in.
Ate lunch and feel better!!
Tell V you talk to us everyday and he will just have to deal with that!!! psssst, why is he home for a week?? what a bother...... lol :D

FrouFrou
06-28-2006, 05:03 PM
SUSAN...a pergola is a wood patio cover. Never knew they were called pergola's until I started watching HGTV. Just thought they were called patio covers, lol. :dizzy: Apparently, I wasn't the only one who didn't know...a lot of people don't. Had one build years ago by a company that did them, and only them and they didn't even call them that...called it a patio cover.

The bagel sounds delicious! :T Never heard of that before...see, we learn new things every day, lol.

You better take your car in Missy...don't want anything happening to you or the girls. Even if it is the shocks and pads, better to find out for sure.

V is home for a week for shut down...they shut the company down and regroup or something like that. Probably to save the company money, lol. Normally though they have always taken 2 weeks and the last two years it was in January. Well, everyone *****ed and moaned and groaned so they decided to do it in the summer again. Why one week, I don't know except that they are behind in the number of planes they are supposed to get out. They were asking for volunteers to work during shut down, again doesn't make sense since everyone is supposed to be out of the place so they can do what they need to do-whatever that is. He doesn't mind me doing what I have to do...because my schedule won't change...I will still go do my thing. Just when he is home I do like spending time with him for the most part, lol. But I enjoy doing things like the pergola with him. But don't worry missy, I will be here to post, even if it is a quik HI. I'm thinking probably first thing in the morning though. That's the only change to my schedule I'll have to make...gotta keep up the exercise.

What the heck crawled up Dougs booty? Tell him to back off or I am coming up there, lol! Wish I could...

Forgot to ask...how was the ceremony yesterday? Bet it was really nice and made you guys very proud of your daddy!

KATY...hope all is well with you and the kids. Hope you guys have a GREAT trip also. Just wanted to say that in case I forget or you don't check in before you leave.

Guess I better get going...load of laundry is calling my name and DH will be home in about 40 mns.

Mom2Gaby
06-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Cristi.
awwww, a patio cover!! Got you - you just wanted to be fancy. My friend does that.....has hot dogs and beans and calls it a dinner party.....ok, Miss Fancy Pants can I least have a drink with the beans??lol

It was so emotional yesterday, I cried and cried.It was hard,.......just made me realize he isn't coming back.

I had a delish salad and it is so nice today! Cool - even had to turn the AC off....yay

Sassy_Chick
06-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi ladies.

Got most my cleaning done. The cable man interrupted me, bless him. lmaooooo. But its mostly done. Only thing left is the bathroom. :yikes: But I think that will wait until tomorrow before work.

Scare me off? Never. :no: I am feeling better today, thanks. I guess we all hit some low, blue points sometimes. Seems like I've been on this roller coaster of emotions lately. Lots of ups and downs............But today is just kind of a blah day, neither up nor down.

Man I have been itching like mad lately! Its my skin. I use lotion, but I don't know if its the air outside or maybe having the air conditioning on in here, but its driving me insane! I may have to take some benedryl before bed. I need to shave my legs, but I'm afraid too if my skin is itchy and all. I have sensitive skin so shaving just irritates the heck out of me. I use the Venus razor and all and lotion after but I dread shaving. I guess that is why I have been wearing pants lately? lol. I know sounds gross, but I can't help it. I did buy some wax at the Wild Oats Store, that is supposed to be all natural, I am going to test a place on my legs to see what happens.

Its for your face and eyebrows but I do not want to put that stuff on my face until I know for sure its okay. lmao. (I have PCOS and one of the lovely side effects of the disease is facial hair, so trying this)They have some for your legs I think if this works okay I may try that next. ;)

I also have some hair coloring I've had for a few weeks now that I need to use, nothing dramatic, just a little "umph" to my natural hair color and to hide what gray hairs I have. lmao............(only have a few of those thankfully!)

So hub is taking a nap, as he had to get up early today to meet his father to go and fix our air in our car. He has to sleep now or his sleep cycle will be totally off for tomorrow night. (work) As it is I got up at 1:30 p.m. today, kinda early for me. (we work nights) So I may end up having to take a small "cat" nap myself.

I figure while he is sleeping I may do a "night of beauty" here at home with the wax and my hair and stuff. I think I knew this and that is why I held off cleaning the bathroom.

Well I guess I have rambled long enough here. lmaoooooooo.

Wish me :goodluck:! Have a Great Night Ladies!!!!!!!

Sassy_Chick
06-28-2006, 09:05 PM
OH and don't know if I said this here, don't think I did, but its official, Honda is going to build their plant in my mom's town, which is close to my hometown, which is the town I was born and raised in, not the town I currently live in right now, just to clarify. lol. This is going to be HUGE for that area. Going to bring in 2,000 jobs it said on the news! Its going to be built in 08' and opened in 09'. Hub and I plan on applying there for jobs when they begin hiring! They said the average salary of people working at the other Honda plants is $55,000 annually! :yikes:

Anyways figured I would add that info.

Okay back to your normally scheduled posting! lol

chickiemama67
06-29-2006, 12:15 AM
yes i am feeling much better thank you everybody. actually got some work done at work today lol......im off tomorrow but i think i might pop in to see what all my employees are up to while im away. although im going to be stuck unpacking most of the day then heading over to the other house to clean....woopty doo. well im off to bed, cable guy will be here between 8 am and noon tomorrow.....nite nite
shawna

bep
06-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Hi all...I just wanted to check in for a quick second so you'all know I am still alive.

Help...I think my enthusiasm is waning. I stepped on the scale and I am back at the same weight I was last week. This happens every week, but then by the time I get to weigh-in day I am back down. I have been keeping a graph of my weightloss. Aside from the first 3 or 4 weeks of my diet when I lost every week, I have only been losing a little every OTHER week. My typical energy seems to be seriously lacking. I have been doing pretty well with my cals, but I upped them to about 1400 to 1500 a day because I have been hungrier than normal. Plus...I am seriously getting bored of all the foods I have been eating regularly for the last couple months. I have been wanting pizza for a few weeks now, but I am afraid to have some because I am afraid my attitude of recent will make me fall off my diet. I need to change something up SERIOUSLY. I am sooooo not going to stop this diet, but why do I bounce up in weight just as soon as I have a victory? Again...I get it back down by the next weigh-in, but it is discouraging. Also another thing that is getting me is that I seemed to drop from a size 24 to a 22 pretty quickly...then pretty quickly to a size 20. Now, I feel like I am not going down at all and my 20's are snug...not enough to go up to a 22 again, but just not getting any looser. *sigh* I am sad. I even normally LOVE to go for my walks and push myself to go faster and farther, but last night I had to FORCE myself to go for a walk and I didn't enjoy it much at all. I only went 2.6 miles. In the mornings I have been feeling really tired and not wanting to do anything so I pretty much just hang out in the living room with my kiddos and sometimes do some mild kitchen work.

What happened to my motivation??? Enthusiasm??? GRRRRR!!!! Where did it all go?????????????

Sorry for the vent...I normally don't feel like this so I had to put it out there.

chickiemama67
06-29-2006, 09:39 AM
hi yall,
well according to our new scale i am down two more lbs.....i even did the flour bag test to make sure it was weighing correctly....:rofl::carrot: :carrot:
bep, losing weight is an emotional roller coaster, we get ourselves all pumped up to do it, its rewarding in the beginning because our bodies are in shock with all the healthy food were eating so of course were going to lose weight quickly at first, then it gets bored just like we get bored with the same ole stuff ......thats why i give myself a cheat day once a week, or last week it was the 3 or 4 lol!!! anyway, dont get down, just think if you werent doing any of this at all.....then where would you be???? isnt everything you have done so far worth it???? we can do this bep!!!! as far as your energy goes, are you cutting carbs???? anytime i do that i can feel the difference in my energy. carbs are energy, as long as they are good carbs. also if you add some protein to your diet that will give you some energy too. anyway, thats my two cents for ya.....hope youre having a good day.
ok where are the rest of you brats, come out come out where ever you are.
im going to go unpack some more boxes, hoping to get the kitchen, bathrooms and all of the dressers situated today, oh and i have to get some laundry done so i can pack for my trip....yippy!!!
check back in a few
shawna

bep
06-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Shawna Thank you so much for the encouraging words! You are such a sweetie! Yes...you gave me a boost when I read your post this morning! {{{}}} By the way...I am not cutting carbs...I eat the whole pyramid...just not as many calories worth.

Well...my stupid body! It is almost 11 am, I have eaten breakfast and even a snack...had coffee and water...and guess what...I just stepped on the scale and it says 217 again! Weirdness!!! I am feeling a little more motivated this morning also. I have been working on piles of laundry and working on kitchen stuff. After I get the kiddos lunch and down for their afternoon nap, I am going to spend the afternoon painting downstairs again. Hmmmm....maybe these paint fumes have been going to my head? I dunno. I haven't been sleeping well the last few nights so that may have also been having a bad affect on my energy level. I really hope I start sleeping better soon.

So....how is everyone else doing today???

Susan? How are you doing today? I hope you haven't been crying anymore. Check in and let us know you are OK!!!!!

bep
06-29-2006, 12:06 PM
ps.....I STILL want pizza :jeno: :drool: :jeno: :drool: :jeno: :drool: :jeno: :drool:

chickiemama67
06-29-2006, 12:20 PM
bep, my pleasure, thats what were all here for to help each other out!!! :D
i was feeling a little down myself since i havent been able to get to the gym because of work and moving, but then i realized im probably getting a better workout moving all this crap around lol!! also, when i went to the dr the other day the nurse and the dr both congratulated me on losing some weight. so that made me feel great. :smug:
well, im almost done with the kitchen, finally found my coffee!! :carrot: wouldnt you know it was the last box for the kitchen. :dizzy:
be back in a few,
shawna

chickiemama67
06-29-2006, 12:21 PM
have you ever tried a chicken mushroom pizza its purdy good.....and not as bad for ya lol

Mom2Gaby
06-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Good Morning!

I need to rush for a morning meeting!! Just wanted to say hello and good morning. Glad we didn't scare you off Sassy. Great pep talk Shawna!!! Bep.....where did you get that pizza smilie??? You can have pizza, you just have to share!! part of Kindergarten 101...lol

yikes....going to be late - chat at lunch time!!

bep
06-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Shawna I haven't tried that before...does it taste good? I actually prefer just pepperoni or just plain cheese...I don't like the kinds of pizza where the grease from all that greasy meat just drips off the pizza - gross. I think it is the whole melted cheese thingy...MMMMMMMMM!!! I actually tried killing the desire for pizza by having pizza toast today for lunch and it just didn't cut it. I feel really full, but it didn't kill the craving. Oh well...I have some serious grocery shopping to do this weekend for all the company coming for the holiday so I am going to see if I can find some kind of diet-friendly pizza in the freezer section. If that STILL doesn't cut it, I will just have to have DH pick up a pizza for dinner sometime.

Susan It is actually two of our 'smilies'...the piece of pizza and the drool one. It about sums up how I have been feeling.

Well...since today is my b-day, I am going to have some rubbish to eat! I already had something sweet...naughty naughty!!! :lol:

I am off to paint, paint, and paint some more!!! Chat laters!

chickiemama67
06-29-2006, 01:47 PM
:balloons: happy burfday to you, happy burfday to you, happy burfday dear bep, happy burfday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu:woo:

chickiemama67
06-29-2006, 01:51 PM
if it doesnt taste good im not eating it :rofl:

jules1216
06-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Bep--:woo: :balloons: :hb: Hope you do something fun!!

Cristina--the girls kept the pale yellow/white--did a border of grapes & vines and the art major roommate is painting designs around the lightswitches and it looks great--bathroom is painted blue with the rubber ducky border--looks great--roommates room is totally finished. I went over while DD was working and primered the ugly purple paint in her bedroom which was dry in time for dd to paint when she got home-just need to touch up the moulding with white. The computer/study room is done and the last room should be done by the time I get home. Roommate is going to add little have painted design touches through the house. The coral color is beautiful. All the moulding and doors and such they are keeping white. We will move dd's kitchen and bathroom stuff over tonight and set it up and do any last minute paint touch ups. Hopefully tommorrow and the rest of the weekend will have her bedroom furniture, dining room table and chairs, two end tables and grill moved. She's leaving her coffee table for her brother and one of her other set of end tables and her couch. It's all in DD's apartment storage garage at the moment but if he and his girlfriend get the rental house they are hoping for they will have a full finished basement which my son has claimed--his girlfriend is okay with that--she says it will help her be able to keep the upstairs cleaner when all his friends come over.

Hi Shawna--that pizza does sound good--hope
you feel better!!

Sassy--glad you made your way back!!

Michelle ma belle--Hi where ever you are!!

SuzyQ--:hug: How are you?? It's been a very rough couple of months for you.

With the moving of DD--don't know how much I will be in...I will be thinking of all of you!!

RosieKate
06-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Hiya!
Sorry I haven't been around - I have had to share the computer as both kids are out of school and DH is home for a week...and now my DD wants to play in the kiddie pool....it never ends...

Well, I'll have to catch up later...hope you are all having a good day and I'll try to get back later.

Happy Birthday Bep!

Welcome Back Sassy

Glad you are feeling better Shawna

Happy moving Jules - your DD's place sounds real nice

Susan- Hope you are having a good day

Hi Cristina, Kathy, and Michelle and anyone else reading this

Michelle
06-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Good Morning Girlies -- Well the heat got to me so bad that it finally just caught up to me with one of my wonderful migraines. I'm feeling much better today, and actually feel normal again.:p :D

BEP... HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you girlie!!!:cp: :hb: :gift: :woo: :balloons: You have been doing SO good with staying on your plan, and I think you should make today, your specialy b-day meal, and have some pizza, and then get right back on track tomorrow morning. Our bodies fluctuate so much from day to day that it's very crazy and discouraging!:dizzy: :hug:

SUSAN... I'm sorry the ceremony was very hard on you and you have done so much crying.:cry: You have so many responsibilities that I personally don't know how you handle them!:?:

JULES... Your DD's house sounds so cute and cheery! Hope the rains are slowing down where you are. I saw all the flooding on the news and it was horrible!:( :hug:

SHAWNA... I'm glad you're feeling better and atleast you get a day off today! Please slow down and just have a relaxing day for yourself only!:hug:

KATY... I know what you mean with sharing the computer. With my DD being out of school for summer, she spends a lot of time on it and we have to take turns. She has a lot of homework over the summer for her AP classes for this next school year, and she does them on the computer and then sends them to her teachers through email. Have fun in he kiddy pool today!:hug:

SASSY... Hi and hope your day is going better today!:hug:

CRISTI... Are you having fun this week with your DH being off work? What all have you been doing? I'm praying that the scale will cooperate with you this next weight in and hopefully you will be in ONDERLAND! That's a day I dream of, but it will never get here if I don't get busy and stay on track!:( :hug:

FrouFrou
06-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Hello chickies...

Nothing much going on...not in a talkative mood...this heat does a number on me, ick. Plus I was up way too early this a.m. thought I would get to the park and walk before it got too hot. So did a two mile walk...went and bought groceries...came home...took Ernie Dog to the park for his walk...blah, blah, blah. Same old stuff, different day.

BEP...ummm, I hear ya...think I was saying just about the same thing last week. And, that is why I only weigh once a week...it would kill me to weigh everyday. Have you tried the Lean Cuisine or WW pizza's? They are pretty good and not too many calories. Well, hope you are having a special day! :woo: :gift: :hat: :hb:HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU! :hb: :hat: :gift: :woo:

MICHELLE... I too am hoping for onederland this WI. I swear if I don't lose at least 2 lbs. I quit! Not really...I will never quit...have wanted to so many times, but I won't. And you Missy, will get there one day...you gotta have faith. DH is off work yet, his last day is Friday and then he is off for 9 days. Fun...what's fun? We are going to be working, ugh!

SUSAN...must be a busy day at work for ya. I don't know about a fancy name for it, just what they are called. :shrug: But I would never call a BBQ, or just dinner a dinner party, unless of course I was having 15 or more people over...even still to me it would just be dinner. Sorry you had a hard time at the ceremony. :hug: :hug:

SASSY...that is cool about Honda! Hope you and DH get a job there when it is built. And glad you are feeling better and back!

KATY...having little ones does keep one busy.

JULES...well, your DD's place sounds so nice and cozy! I love colors like that with white moulding. We have icky oak moulding everywhere and the thought of painting it is not even an option. Not right now anyway. I much prefer the white. Happy moving to you and DD!

Hiya Shawna, and Kathy...I always feel like I am forgetting someone.

Anyway, back to my watering. This heat does a number on the lawn. I told V I am going to quit watering and paint the lawn green, lol! Wouldn't the HOA love that one?! Would be funny though. I remember when we lived in CA and they banned people from watering their lawns and washing their cars...there were a few people that did do that. Too funny :rofl: I would just do a rock garden. Can't here with all the rules...two trees in the front and at least 12 shrubs, blah, blah, blah...the HOA though is a good thing because it does keep the neighborhood clean and kept up so can't and shouldn't complain. We get what we pay for. Okay, starting to babble...going to go find something to do now...think I will go finish my book. Wanted to finish it last night but it was getting late. It's Mary Higgins Clark's new one and pretty good.

Have a good day ladies! :wave:

Mom2Gaby
06-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Happy Birthday Bep!!!!! :jeno: :jeno: :dance: :hat: :hb: :gift: :woo: :jeno: :jeno: :jeno:

My eyes itch, thought I would share.

You seem down Cristi?? :hug: :hug: there, feel better ?:D
Oh, ya....a dinner party at least 15 to 20 after that I would call it a pot luck -lol

Michelle - sorry about the migraine!!! At least the weather has cooled - hope that helps. Trust me I don't know how I do it either - I don't think I really do.

ugh........Doug is on the phone!!!! I am already stressed.....

Katy - we always miss you when you aren't around!! Tell the kiddies mommy comes first!!!

Jules - take it easy helping with the moving! I hate moving.:hug: :hug:

Shawna - mmmmm - chicken mushroom sounds delish!!!

I better go. D is yakking and yakking......and stressing and stressing.

My eyes itch, did I mention that??? ugh....

I had some canned veggies. mushy tuna and sugar free lemon cookie for lunch. It is the day before payday - what can I say?? :dizzy:

chat in a bit......

bep
06-30-2006, 01:18 AM
Hi everyone and thanks for all the birthday wishes!!!

I only have a minute because it is after midnight and I have to get up really early. I won't be on much tomorrow because the kids and I will be out and about all day long and then I have some dinner company coming over and they will be here until late into the night.

Have a great day everyone!

Sassy_Chick
06-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Good Morning Ladies! :sunny:

Just a quick note here! I am SOOOOOOOooo glad tonight is over with. Ever had one of those days/nights at work that you just cannot wait until its over with? That was tonight for me.

I am not sure what is going on emotionally with me. But Wow. Rollercoaster ride all night with lots of ups and downs. I think it has to do with my hormones being all out of wack. :dizzy:

Well I colored my hair Wed. night. Nothing drastic mind you, just something to add a little "umph" to my hair. Its really suttle, my "normal" color is brown, so I just colored it to a Brownish Red. The color is called, "Medium Spice" Of course nobody noticed, but again its real suttle and I do work with mostly all men. Heck I've had my hair cut for a month now and not one person has noticed, or at least said anything. lol. Not that I care what a bunch of men think. :rolleyes:

Well I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Bep - Hope your bday was a great one!

jules1216
06-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Sassy--I started posting here in December last year--I was really struggling with the empty nest thing, DD graduating from high school in May and then marrying the ex that we begged her not to only to have him leave her 3 months after the marriage..the whole turning 40 in December, premenopausal symptoms and the who am I if I am not Mom 24/7. The friendships I have formed on this very supportive site has helped me so much. I still have my days that are bad or those darn days I just want to cry, but I am not staying in bed the whole weekends anymore not wanting to do anything.

Bep--enjoy yourself!!

SuzyQ- DD and I were painting the last room last night and ran out of paint--at 2:30 in the morning--was too tired to go over the trim in her bedroom that one of the guys the roomate got to help slopped over--DD was really mad--she said she would do it herself since she takes her time and uses the little rolly edger thingy--he did three wall to her one and he slopped the blue paint all over the white primer on the moulding, window frame & sills and closet door--she was so ticked!! We were going to go over the moulding after we ran out of the living room paint color. We did do the windows, closet door and moulding on the bottom but we were too tired to do the top moulding--I got home after 3 AM!!! She was going to use the living room we did as an example of how it is done--she cracks me up!!

Michelle ma belle--DD's place is turning out to be sooo cute!! We talked to the neighbor's daughter--she said that the landlord isn't very helpful and doesn't do much to help fix up the place--she had an uncle that rented from him--not so with the girls--he has already replaced the toilet, put in dead bolts and chains, hauled the furniture and other trash away that was left in the house that the girls cleaned up and started som minor landscaping projects. I think he sees the girls are actually putting in an effort to make it nice and is rewarding them for it. The fact that they are cute little 19 year old college students probably doesn't hurt, he is in his 60's, never been married or had kids and says they are the granddaughters he never had. He collects art and the roomate is an art major and DD also like the abstract stuff that he has. He has been very helpful to them and is very conscious of their safety which I really appreciate.

Cristina--with the helper guys sloppy speed painting skills the white mouldings need to be touched up so that they are white again!! I am not a pink person but the light "sunset rose" color the roommate painted is pretty. The light bright blue DD picked against the white moulding really pops and the "Apricot Lily" that they got instead of the coral color is absolutely beautiful. The white trim on everything really sets the light colors off and the room look so much bigger.

Katy--something you'd appreciate about the girls place--once all the overgrown shrubs are completely gone--the roommate's mom is giving her starter plants from her herb garden (mint, lemon verbena, lavender , oregano, sage and rosemary) and some other plants. I am getting them some hanging planters for the front porch once everything is done. Deciding on ferns which will have to be brought inside or just the for the one season type.

Shawna--Hope all is going well with your move and you are feeling better!!

Well off to the library, grocery store and DMV for hubby's motorcycle renewal sticker--maybe we can actually go for a ride!! Then it's off to dd's to help move the small stuff--DS's friend has a truck and she doesn't have a whole lot of big stuff-it would be nice to have all the little stuff there--we already have the kitchen and bathroom stuff moved--just all her bedroom stuff and the dining room table and chairs that are in DS's apartment storage garage.

Mom2Gaby
06-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Good Morning!

zzzzzzzzz, why are we all tired??? I was awake on and off all night. Rebecca wouldn't go to sleep. I woke up at 4 am and she was sitting on the bathroom counter. What the heck??? So weird. Remember Bewitched?? Her mom was always up in the corner of the living room?? lol........I just thought of that...:D

I had a delish 5 grain banana muffin this AM, it was soooo good and healthy, I am sure.

What are you serving at your dinner Bep?? We all live through your menus :)

Jules - you are a nut!! go to bed!! why are you up at 2:30 am ?? I am sending Beck over to your house......lol

Sassy - :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think I will go get me some beans for lunch - starving.

chat in a bit!!

Mom2Gaby
06-30-2006, 03:05 PM
:coach: Tomorrow is moving day!!!:grouphug: :corn:
Pack up your crayons, play doh and books!!:bubbles: :bubbles:
Buddy Up!! We don't want you wandering in a wrong thread!! You might get scared!! lol
Don't forget clean underwear if you aren't fully potty trained!! :bb: :bb:

Mom2Gaby
06-30-2006, 04:38 PM
I am starving! I want some chili from Wendys - waiting for asst to come back so I can go. I can't stand it!!!:(

What are your 4th of July plans??? I have to stay in town, work on Monday - maybe a birthday on Sunday. My brothers baby is 1 years old. He is the cutest little baby - perfect shaped head.

anyway ZzzzZzzZZZzzzzzzz,,,,,,,,,I am SOOOOO glad tomorrow is Saturday. I want to sleep in and not get in the car for 1 day!!

*sigh*.....ok, I think I am goin going to faint from malnutrition....pretty sure...I really want some beans...:D

FrouFrou
06-30-2006, 04:45 PM
SUSAN...you are too funny! :lol: I'll be there tomorrow with lunch box in hand and clean undies, lol! What the heck was up with Miss Rebecca? Sitting on the bathroom counter...maybe that's where she does her best thinking. I do remember Endora popping up in corners, among other places. I saw the movie last week, well, almost the whole thing. It was on late and I missed the end of it, twice. Didn't think it was so great, okay, but not great. Tell Doug to bug off!

JULES...that's the difference between men and women...a man wants to get it done in a hurry, and a woman wants it done right! Kidding, or am I? Hmmm, no, I think there are some men out there. Too bad that DD has to repaint what the guy messed up though. But it sounds like it is coming along and looking really nice. I think they are lucky that they can even paint any colors or do anything. A lot of people won't let renter's paint unless it is white. Sounds like they have a good landlord. Try not to tire yourself too much with all the work.

SASSY...I bet your hair looks GREAT! Leave it to men though to not notice. Just think it is their nature to not notice. DH looks at me a zillion times a day, as do the kids but the minute I do something to my hair they don't notice until I say something. Then they say, I thought something looked different, um duh! Or they say, I was getting ready to say something, yeah right, lol! Medium spice sounds like a really pretty color. Hormones will cause highs and lows for sure. Seems to be going aorund here too. (((((HUGS))))) to you! :hug:

BEP...enjoy your day with the kids and enjoy your company tonight!

KATHY...are ya out there? We are missing ya!

MICHELLE...hope you are having a good day today. I think we got your heat...supposed to be 99 today, ick! Hoping we don't see any 100 degree weather for a while, if at all. Any special plans this weekend?

KATY...hope you and the family enjoy your little getaway!

SHAWNA...hope you got lots of unpacking done and can take it easy.

Susan...I was in a crappy mood yesterday for some reason. I think I get tired of the same old crap day in and day out. And let me tell ya I did a number with the eating yesterday, OMG! I am so embarassed I am not even going to say what I ate yesterday. Was just bored for some reason and kept grabbing crap and stuffing it in my mouth, not good at all. The only actual meal I had was breakfast and it went downhill from there. I was frustrated with anything, think I was just bored. :dunno: But glad that day is over...today is a new day and I am back on track. I kind of laughed at myself because I thought, I am going to OD on sugar, lol! Anyway...

I thought I would WI this morning since it is the last day of the month and I was going to measure. So, here's the scoop...after 2 1/2 months of going to It Figures, walking and watching what I eat I am down 3 pounds but gained one back, and I have lost a whole, whopping 4 1/2 inches, lol! I have to laugh about it. I've worked my butt off for that?! But, I was a little inspired when I got on the scales this morning and I had lost a pound. Probably would have been more if I didn't go off eating all that crap yesterday. Anyway...I am just happy to see that the scales finally moved and in the right direction. I didn't think they were ever going to move. So now I am even more hopeful than ever that the weight WILL start coming off. Keeping my fingers crossed that I lose at least one more by Monday...I know I will!

Went to It Figures, did a 1.55 mile walk on the treadmill when I got back home and now just cleaning and doing laundry. Actually, straightening up...the house is clean, just vacuuming and dusting a little. Trying to stay on top of my cleaning and laundry since today is V's last day of work for 9 days! When he's home I never get anything done, except my walking. I have a partner to walk with. When we walk we do the neighborhood early in the morning but I may go to the park a couple of days. It Figures will be closed Monday and Tuesday which messes up my schedule of going. Not sure if I will go three days in a row or stick to just Wed & Friday. We'll see...need to get going and put the clothes in the dryer and finishing my vacuuming since Jason just left for work. That is one messy kid I swear. I don't hink he means to be, and he does pick up after himself, but he is just sloppy. Anyway...

For all you ladies who will be gone, have a safe and fun weekend and Fourth of July! Hope everyone is not going to be gone...I'll be around for sure.

Take care ladies and have a good day!

FrouFrou
06-30-2006, 04:57 PM
HIYA MS. SUSAN! :wave:

Just go on and have your chili beans missy! Chili from Wendy's sounds so good, actually anything with meat in it sounds good. Had an english muffin with peanut butter and an apple for lunch and while I am full, it just didn't do it for me. Always feel like I have to have some meat. Going to fix me a chef salad for dinner, sounds yummy right now. And maybe have a WW frozen dinner with it, not sure yet. The salad for sure.

I love 1-year-olds...they are at such a fun age. I love to see little ones learning, so cute.

Fourth of July plans....nothing special. We are working on the patio cover (pergola) and thinking we are grilling some burgers and dogs, or chicken and dogs. Not sure if we will get any fireworks. V thinks they are a waste of money but I like to do at least a few. I always bought them for the kids, I never cared for doing them. But seems weird when I don't. Did a lot last year because Josh wanted to and I knew he was leaving. So we'll see...around here EVERYONE does them so it's not like if we don't buy any we won't see any. They have been shooting them off for a few days now. I just love looking at them though, so pretty. Also, the High School has a show that is SPECTACULAR! The school is about two miles from us and you can see theirs for miles.

Better get going and get something done before V gets home and messes it all up, lol!

Mom2Gaby
07-01-2006, 12:25 AM
I did drive down the street to Wendys and bought some chili Cristi. I went around the block to some shady park and ate my beans in private - it was so good. It seemed kind of a hot day for it. lol
Oh, I was going to tell you the director of our HR brought me a "I want your tots" sticker.....she said to put it with my collection. I will set it all up in my new office.
Sassy - the medium spice sounds nice. I would have noticed :)
Cristi - I know - we all have those days when every thing that moves ends up in our mouths.......oh, wait ,,,,that is what Becky was saying. I don't have fleas, I don't know where she comes up with that. We do live in a damp area - close to the ground :dizzy: .....of course most people live close to the ground.
My former boss sent this notice in red bold print saying some important info and I wrote back joking "ugh,,,,,what does that mean??" He writes back "what do you mean what does that mean?" lol one time he sent attachments and I said I didn't get any....( because I wasn't looking in the right place - plus there was tabs you had to click.)..anyway.....a second after I sent it he comes running from the back office saying "what do you mean you didn't get it??"
Anyway , we joked back and forth.....I said I was doing my newsletter and putting one page Napoloean clip art and one page tots.....hahahahahahahahah

yes, they pay me good money for being there......;)

Endora?? How do you remember that Cristi??

Bep!!!! Michelle!!! Jules!! Ginny!! Katy!! Kathy!! Shawna!! Sassy!!Mari!! Deb!! Trixie!!

Hi to you and hope all is well :)

chickiemama67
07-01-2006, 12:34 AM
ok so im on vacation woohooo, i have decided to stay home and unpack instead of going to indiana. my conscious is on me big time about leaving dh home to do it all.......sooooooooooooo thats what i get to do this weekend and next week............im feeling much better though ty everybody. i am off to bed, im sleeping in tomorrow daggumit.
hugs,
shawna

Michelle
07-01-2006, 01:23 AM
GOOD EVENING GIRLIES :grouphug:

It's so warm right now so I will get back here in the morning to do some personals. I'm so glad they say that the weather is supposed to cool back down starting tomorrow, and stay that way atleast through the fourth.:devil: When it gets in the 90s, it affects me so much and I just feel really blah!:yes: :dunno: I will make sure and not get lost tomorrow morning moving to our new room and I promise to have clean undies!:sssh: :yikes: :lol3: :rofl: Hope all of you are having a good night!;)

Sassy_Chick
07-01-2006, 01:37 AM
Hey Ladies and :thanks:

I needed that. :hug: Will chat more later.

:kickcan:

RosieKate
07-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Just popping in for a quick hi!

We are heading out for a long weekend at my mom's...just when it starts to cool off a bit, we head to the hottest place in the state ( practically). Figures. We will have some fun and relax a bit, which we desperately need. Mom's place stays pretty cool, so it won't drive us crazy....

So I need my BIK friends to do me a favor... I can't decide on a new house color, so I need y'all to drive by my house and tell me what you think of the sample color on the front.....hehe . This is the drivemecrazy issue of the week. Currently, the house is mocha with white trim and a red front door and window boxes. I have a deep piney green painted on the front and I like it a lot, but I've been staring at it too long and now I am just a ball of indecision. Will probably paint the trim white again and the door will be a black or deep cherry or burgundy almost black. DH likes it, but then he liked the old color, too. Glad I'm going away for a few days, I'll get a fresh look at it when we get back. I know, I know - life is pretty good if this is all I have to worry about, lol!

Happy Fourth of July to all of you - be careful on the roads, ya hear?

Michelle
07-01-2006, 12:33 PM
CRISTI--No special weekend plans for us. My DH has to do some work today and tomorrow. We used to go to the rodeo on the fourth, but it's gotten so expensive.:censored: I used to love going every fourth, but we usually just stay home, or go out to dinner somewhere. I hope your weather has cooled down for you now.:hug:

SUSAN--How are you doing this morning?:sunny: I'm so glad our weather is supposed to cool down today to about 80, and be this way atleast through the fourth. I'm sure you'll be living at your pool all weekend.;)

KATY--Please drive safely and enjoy your trip to your mom's house.:^: Yesterday when DH and I went over to the Beaverton area, we were stopped on I205 forever, because of everyone heading towards I5 South to get out of town.:(

SHAWNA--That's too bad that you can't go on your vacation now, but I understand that you would have a guilty feeling leaving your DH home to get things unpacked. Atleast you don't have to go into work, and you can do the unpacking at your own pace and rest when you want to.:hug:

JULES--Your DD and her friend sound like they have it made where they're at! That's great that the landlord is helping them out so much, but it probably does help being cute and a college student!;)

BEP--How did your dinner party go last night? You're one busy girlie who is always entertaining!;)

SASSY--Hope you have a good day and are feeling better.:hug:

Mom2Gaby
07-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Good Morning!

I will drive by your house Katy. lol I have the address, I just never could find it. Not that I was stalking or anything - lol anywho.....I shall go look and give you a color!!!!!

Sassy - :hug: :hug: :hug: I have had a couple of really down times. Just recently it lasted 3 weeks. It was scary when you don't feel like even doing normal stuff and I wondered it it was even going to get worse. I couldn't even do my job and so that added stress to....just hugs.

Michelle - Gabster and I spent the morning at the dog park, we had fun. Happy Rock has that cute wadding pool, I thought of taking Gab there today but with gas prices I might just have to brave getting in myself. Though I would really like to grab a book and the wadding pool has someone on duty.....I could sit in the sun and read,,,,,have to think about that!!!!

Picked up another 5 grain banana muffin, it is so good! Think I will go spend what money I have on salad fixings and graze on that all weekend.

So, do you all like this new format??

QUESTION: If you had to take 1 dish to a potluck what would you take??

Michelle
07-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Susan--I don't even notice anything different with the new format.:?: I am subscribed to our thread so that's how I find it. For a potluck dish, I usually take :devil: eggs, but you could also just take some veggies and dip because people always love them!;)

chickiemama67
07-01-2006, 04:22 PM
hi yall,
just checking in while im in the middle of all of these daggum boxes. at least we have our cable and internet already lol.
the potluck dish i would take would be green bean casserole, its easy and yummy too.
another thing ill be able to do while im on vacation is get back in the gym. i havent been to water aerobics for 2 weeks!!! i know im getting my excercise in with all of this moving but i miss going.
well back to the boxes, check back later.
shawna

Mom2Gaby
07-01-2006, 06:16 PM
I haven't been to your house yet Katy - maybe tonight I will take a stroll through the village and find it. I can walk around your house and sit on your patio.....mmmm, you have ice tea in the fridge?? I will find the key under the mat and help myself to some tea and frozen strawberry cheesecake ....omg- you have Napolean in the dvd!! I will have to watch that and *yawn*,,,,I am tired now and really need a nap.....haha jk.....

You mean deviled eggs Michelle?? I love those too....what about the warm weather and the mayo?? Think everyone would get the runs?? That would put a damper on things.....lol....course I could always go back and get the fried chicken out of the work fridge...:D

Green bean cass?? Is that with the cream of mushroom? You are like me Shawna (scary, huh??lol) I always have to unpack asasp.....can't stand boxes all over the place.

It is just in a different location Michelle. I don't really like it but Suzanne didn't ask me,,,lol

anyway, gaby is getting cranky....chat later tonight

Sassy_Chick
07-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Awwwww :thanks: ladies. :hug:

I didn't even want to get out of bed today. But I somehow managed, got up, showered, got something to eat and off to work. I just think I need some me time. Hopefully if everything works out, I will get it on Wed..........

Have a Great Weekend/Holiday

chickiemama67
07-02-2006, 12:42 AM
ok so our 7 year old foster son is getting ready to see the wrath of miss shawna.....i have been pretty passive with the discipline with him and let dh deal with most of it, but i am so over his mouth!! it all started this morning with the "fine" comment.....which absolutely drives me nuts!! my own kids dont get to talk to me like that. so we started out with being in time out for 5 minutes, then 6, 7, 8, 9, and by the time it was all over with he was grounded to his room for the whole day. he just doesnt know when to stop. we had his child therapist appt this afternoon and the therapist agreed with me on what i did and told dh and i to stick with it, dont back down. that made me feel better because i wasnt sure if it was really fair that he had to be there the whole day but i was going to stick with it no matter what. he then asked dalton what he should do to not let this happen again, and what do you know he knew the answer. he is so used to everybody backing down and giving him chance after chance after chance, well that dont work with miss shawna daggumit!!! wow i sound really mean dont i.....lol!!! well i just needed to vent a little bit, he started again tonight after dh had to leave for work, we started with not going to the park tomorrow, and by the end of it all hes grounded all day again tomorrow.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! maybe by the end of my vacation we will have one day of not being grounded ......lol. well enough of this stuff, i hope everybody is having a great weekend, im not sure what were doing for the 4th yet, i guess we will see if were grounded to our room again.
nite nite,
shawna

Sassy_Chick
07-02-2006, 01:54 AM
Hi Chickies.

Well the rollercoaster has been here again. As I'm feeling lots better. :D Weird. Very weird. I even got up and did some cleaning. Maybe that is the answer. More exercise? Get that blood a flowing maybe?

Shawna, when my mom watched my step sisters kids at first they were absolutely out of control by the end she had them behaving nicely. She didn't back down either. I think kids respect you more if you don't give in. Hang in there! ;)

:thanks: Ladies! :hug:

bep
07-02-2006, 02:03 AM
Hi all...just checking in really quickly again. I have been terribly busy.

Hmmm....menu the other day was simple stuff because I was on the run ALL day and only had a couple hrs....spiral glazed ham, mashed potatoes, corn bread, caesar salad, and dessert was a chocolate sour cream ice cream cake I made. :lol: Does that satisfy your curiousity? :lol:

Oh, speaking of food....Susan...potluck. I make different things all the time, but a few things that EVERYONE seems to love is cold veggie pizza, brownie pizza, caesar salad, cobblers, ugly cupcakes, berry cheese puffed pastries, buckeyes, etc.... I had better stop....I will ramble all night long on food. I actually have a potluck tomorrow (well...I guess I should say TODAY because it is about 1am already).

I am 'off' the diet until after the 4th. I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off lately and it isn't going to stop until after the 4th so I am giving myself a short break. If I am not back here dieting my butt off on the 6th, then you can come here and give me a butt-kicking!

By the way...TOM showed up so that explains my mood drop the other day...and the pizza craving. :p ...which, by the way, I still haven't had. :lol:

I can't wait until my family starts getting here Monday night!!!!

By the way...we finished the guest room! It is so nice to have that done! Now I have to figure out how I want to decorate it!!! Oh well...I don't need to do that now...just have the plain room with them bed all done up sitting in there.

Oh my.....I am completely pooped! I have to get up early so I had better get to sleep soon! I have a few more things to finish before I hit the hay.

Have a great day ladies! I'll be back soon!!!!

Michelle
07-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Well I guess I'm the only one that doesn't seem to have much of a life. I check in here and still nothing going on, so I guess I'll go get a life and keep busy myself.:(

Shawna--I feel so bad for you and what you and DH are going through with your FS! That situation would require so much patience, and I don't think I would have it in me every day. Hopefully he straightens up so all of you can enjoy the fourth, but if he doesn't, I would certainly hold my grounds with him.:hug:

chickiemama67
07-02-2006, 05:43 PM
ty michelle and sassy, it definitely takes alot of patience and sometimes i dont always have any left at the end of the day lol. he has had a much better day today, now we just have to wait for bed time, since he is adhd this is the time when all of his medicine has worn off and he has a hard time making good decisions. he also has to take medicine to be able to sleep. poor guy has to have these meds to get through the day, and then sometimes they dont help......he has definitely become a better person since he first got here. hope everyone is having a good day.
shawna

Sassy_Chick
07-02-2006, 09:35 PM
**Just a warning I copied and pasted this so I do appologize for those of you reading this twice..........just was easier than retyping the same thing........**

Hey all. :wave:

I am still feeling good. BUT our car is having major issues now and it's the "Good" car of the two vehicles we have! We were driving along, going to work, and we passed this Harley (motorcycle), if you have ever heard a Harley, they are pretty loud. Well it passed us but we still kept hearing it. It was our CAR! :yikes: We have no idea what it is, as we had to swap cars at the in-laws (was closer to their house) and get to work.

Hub seems to think its something big though. So that makes me a bit :(. I always figured it was going to be our truck to go first. Oh well, we knew eventually this day would come. Both of our vehicles are older and have many, many miles on them, but the car was in "better" shape. So now I think we are FORCED to buy a new car. Don't really want a car payment, but I think we have too.

Our mechanic friend has a newer Chevy Venture van he has fixed up and is selling for $3,000, I don't know if he'd take payments on it or not. I know a brand new vehicle we'd have the warranty, but I hate the thought of financing a car. But we'll just have to do something one way or another.

I know that our mechanic friend could most likely fix our car, but even if its not too expensive to fix, it still makes me uncomfortable now. Cuz like I said it was the "better" (or so we THOUGHT) of the two vehicles we have.

Well anyways, that is the "saga" for today.

jules1216
07-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Just popping in really quick--last load of DD's stuff will be early Tuesday morning. They have the kitchen, living room, bathroom and both bedrooms set up. Everything is looking sooo cute!! The last things being moved are the dining room table and chairs, dd's computer & stand, her grill and she may end up taking her couch--all have been in the storage garage. DS didn't get the house that they really wanted that had the basement--the landlord called to say that he was going to let them have it until a relative needed it. They have looked at a couple of other places. DS is really stressing, even got into it with DD about all the stuff she was taking until she reminded him that it was ALL her stuff. She has given him alot and her roomate had nothing so she needs to take her stuff. DS's girlfriend said that she would go ahead and bring over her kitchen stuff since her lease is up July 31. DS's gf's friend is going to move in to the 2nd bedroom and the friend was living with a guy until he left her and she has a whole household load of stuff in storage that they can use. I think DS is just stressing about the whole moving in thing with the gf and her friend. At least when DD was the roomate he knew he could count on her and he has been burned by other roomates. I told DD & DS that they needed to work it out, they will always be siblings and have always been there for each other and to not let this come between them.

I'm off to bed, it's been some late nights for me and I am beat!!

jules1216
07-03-2006, 11:59 AM
YUCK!!!! I am up two pounds!!! ALl that painting and moving I would have thought I would at least maintain, but then we munched and ate junk!!

Mom2Gaby
07-03-2006, 12:38 PM
:carrot: Weigh In Day!!!!!::censored: :faint: :crossed: :goodluck: :cheer: :yikes: :woo: :spin: :goodscale :goodscale

Mom2Gaby
07-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Yay, down 2 pounds!! yay.....:D

I need to get to my donuts and coffee morning here at work......also here by myself - so I will try and get back on line later.

Mom2Gaby
07-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I am back!!! Donuts going fast! I also bought bagels w/ strawberry & plain cream cheese. I also bought myself a seedless watermelon for later along with some salad stuff.
My sitter is at the coast so I took Gaby to my mom's. It was a fun Sunday- went to a birthday and had 2 slices of pizza and *cough* cake...it was soooooo good. I read an article in People and like the thinking that no food is a "bad food" you just have to eat in moderation.

Hi to you all!! I need to get going! Chat in a bit......

chickiemama67
07-03-2006, 01:11 PM
holy cow its monday already???? well i am down 2 more lbs.......maybe i can kick some butt at the gym this week while im on vacation. were almost done with all of the boxes inside the house, now we get to tackle the garage. we are doing a clean sweep while were unpacking. theres alot of crap thats been piling up for 18 years of marriage.
check back later,
shawna

Mom2Gaby
07-03-2006, 01:36 PM
:bravo: Shawna!! Congrats!!!

Jules Maybe weigh tomorrow?? Maybe you are retaining water?? That has happned to me before where I weigh one day and go down the next. Possible :) You are such a good mom for helping in the move!!! :)

My saga for the hour (haha) Sassy is my car is making noise too. Sometimes I don't hear anything. Pretty sure it is in the brakes and shocks....:hug: :hug:

Need to go find me a water bottle!

Mom2Gaby
07-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Cristi???? Is this the week you said you were going to be busy with Vince home?? ugh - men...:o

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. someone is telling me their hospital story...ewwww, gushing blood - gag...........oh, he is wearing a t shirt with an agency that my dad help start................ok, go ahead with the story...I guess I will be nice.....lol

I didn't get any sleep last night!! I am being short with everyone - hate when I am like that. I am starting to get hungry!!!

I have no idea what I am doing tomorrow. I think I will take Gaby to the dog park tonight and maybe just putter around my apt.....maybe take her out to the wadding pool..they have bbq thingies...maybe take the older girls and roast some wienies...:D speaking of which I think Gaby's dad is staying at his fathers just 2 blocks down the road....I think , not sure....I noticed an old beater car there the last few times I have driven by......and the CS mod came certified mail his support that he has to pay was 355 to 244 and now 121...lol

My mom goes "what does that mean?? " and I said..."just another amount he isn't going to pay"...hehe....

Michelle?? Come chat with me!!!

jules1216
07-03-2006, 04:17 PM
I have the continuing saga of too much work to do!!! Just popping in really quick to say hi!!! Hopefully I will be back tonight!!

Mom2Gaby
07-03-2006, 05:10 PM
but, but.........waaaaa, wait Jules! ugh.......fine.

I am ready to bug out of here early. I think I will take my watermelon and go home. I don't want to play anymore with you girls! neener, neener...speaking of which...where is our Bep?? I miss you Bep....and Michelle??

I guess I have to do some accounting and that 'll be it for the day!! I have some major cleaning to do at my apt tonight with putting clothes away and mopping - chores that didn't get done over the weekend.

jules1216
07-03-2006, 06:01 PM
SuzyQ--helping the girls left my house with much to be desired--hubby did some basics but not much--you can come on over and help me when you are done yours and we will stick Rach, Rebecca and Gaby at DD's house--they'd have fun!! DS is whining so I will help him paint the room DD just moved out of--his gf fixed the holes--they were actually from before but DS is acting like DD did it.....sigh...will they ever grow up and quit the Mom loves you more competition!!!!

Mom2Gaby
07-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Jules.
My daughters always ruin walls, carpet, closest...bunch of bulls in a glass store. ha
Where do you think everyone is at? So still today and no Miss Cristi - seems odd....and no Bep?? Is she busy making her 1x1 brownies?? How does she do that?? Think she is actually measuring or just guessing? btw - you all would be sooooo proud to know I bought a can of coffee and filters. I will try and knock off that 1.70.
Decided to move to Happy Rock in Sept maybe - going to use my dads money.
blah - blah - can't wait for watermelon tomorrow. I had a small portion of steak and a potato w/ veggies - so good.
Gaby and I walked 1 mile at the park - before she wanted to be carried. Going to the dog park now.

Hope u all have a safe 4th!!!

Mom2Gaby
07-04-2006, 01:02 AM
lalala..... I could probably get us to 100 post all on my own <roll eyes> . Oops, Gaby just mentioned the S word!! Slurpee.....yay.....
There was a reason I came back I am not just here to dribble.I was reading the article (in People) on the American Idol girl - I don't even know her name anyway it was on her struggle with bulimia and it mentioned a book that helped. I don't remember the name ....lol....but I think I remember it sounded interesting and I am pretty sure I thought I would go pick it up to read......duh, :dizzy: ....btw- is it Michelle that thought I was blonde?? lol

Where are you Michelle?? and Kathy!!!! Sassy??? and Trixie???

anyway....I am going ...night all

chickiemama67
07-04-2006, 01:48 AM
ill do the honors for the 100th post .....:rofl: yes im still awake, i am baking a cherry pie and i didnt get to do it until late ........not real sure why im baking it, i had some cherry pie filling in the cupboard and my inlaws had some pie crusts so i thought what the heck. i probably wont eat too much of it, dh and dalton will though......the girls are in nc with grandparents at camp meeting until sunday, we are heading over on friday. youngest dds bday is saturday, this is the first year in a long time we will actually all be together for her bday .....well im off to check the pie and head to bed.
happy 4th of july!!
shawna

Sassy_Chick
07-04-2006, 05:26 AM
Hey Girlies!

Sassy reporting in! :drill: lol. Slightly melted Sassy that is! Well Good news! :D Our car is fixed! It was a spark plug that got loose and backed itself out! FIL and hub said they have never in their lives seen that happen before! But at least it was easy and didn't cost us a thing!

But we are still looking into buying a new car. Went out looking today and I felt like a snow cone in the Desert! lol. I think we sweated out about 10 pounds! lmaooooooooooooooo.

Then when we got home, do ya think I would eat a nice light salad? nooooooooooooooooo I had a sandwich AND fries! :cry: I'm paying for it now too. I feel so yucky and that was HOURS ago! I feel like I'm carrying a FF baby here. :preg: lmao!

Jules, I hope all goes well with your DK's move and sorry to hear your up two pounds! :hug: But hey maybe its just muscle from lifting all those boxes??? :D

Susan, Oh no not your car too! It's an epidemic! :faint: lol. Did I hear the word Slurpee? Mmmmmmmmmmm...........and hey when you get your cleaning done, do ya wanna come over and finish up mine? lmao.

Well I weighed myself in on my invisible scale and it said.............."Go out and buy yourself a REAL scale!" :dizzy: lol. I know, I know, I need to get my behind to the store and BUY a REAL scale! lmaooooooooo.

Have a Great Day and a Wonderful 4th to those celebrating!!!!!!!

bep
07-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi! Just popping in a quick second to say HAPPY JULY 4th!!! I have company downstairs that I hear stirring. I have 3 more families coming today so I won't be on later.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Mom2Gaby
07-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Good Morning!!

Kathy - hope you can find us!!! I told you all to Buddy Up, no one listens to me - hehe......anyway, I will send you another email.

We are past 100 thanks to Shawna!! Anyway can start the new thread :) I can't do it on this computer.

Wow, Bep!! Sounds like you have a house full of people.....do you know them all? lol....jk....my brother invited us to a bbq at his house but I am begging off - we will see each other on the 16th for the potluck at the park and I just saw them Saturday. Though it is nice having the cousins together....

ugh - Rebecca is being a cranky butt.

Sassy - :bravo: on the car!! Amazing and what luck!!!

I better get - dog park calls again......

chat later.....

Sassy_Chick
07-04-2006, 08:29 PM
:thanks: Susan and Happy 4th to everybody!

RosieKate
07-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Honey I'm home....

We had a nice time with my mom and her DH...it was HOT and we were treated to some "natural" fireworks early Tuesday morning in the form of a thunder and lightning storm. We drove home yesterday after the main street parade...then did some fireworks with the neighbors. Ended up watching the Oaks Park fireworks from a pretty good vantage point from across the river. Good view, not crowded - ahh bliss

I stared at the paint some more and think we'll go with the dark green - looks good with the landscaping and I'm ready for a change from the mocha color I've been living with for 7 years. The neighbors we have corralled for opinions all seem to like it....now I have to get a window box color.

Today is a clean-up day...I haven't been here for fourdays, why is it so messy? One of life's big questions. Need to pay some bills, buy some groceries...guess it's back to life as usual. I haven't weighed in for this week...not sure if I want to ...waaah

Have a great day everyone...hopefully I can get some time to catch up on individuals....

jules1216
07-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Break time at work.....

Well, DD is completely moved in (with the exception of a air conditioner that we will get later) She had two when she moved in with DS and he had one HUGE one. When the heat started they moved DD's two smaller ones from the garage to the apt. Now DS has to move the big one up and give the smaller one back to DD. Her little house is so cute, just need the front porch swing hung back up which DH will do this Sunday and the outside needs work we got a lot of the weeds but there are some really overgrown bushes that need to be taken out. I reminded DD that the son (who is her friend) of friends of ours does landscaping and yard work as a business and has all the machinery and a permit to haul the debris away. The roomate's dad is coming up to screen in the back porch and put a creen door on it.

DS is getting better in his attitude. He finally admitted that he really didn't want her to move out. It's better this way, the had the same fights they had at home...he's older so he's bossy, but he's a slob (better than he used to be though---when he lived at home it was a constant battle to keep the clothes put away and not be a second layer of carpeting!!) DD she is very organized so then she gets mad cause she's always picking up after him. DS's gf will be moving in and DD didn't want to feel like a third wheel.

DS's gf has to be out of her apt by the 15th to be able to get her deposit back by the end of July. They talked to DS's landlord and are going to do a little painting and a few repairs. I will be helping move her and painting there starting Thursday evening!! It may be a blessing in disguise since DS is already covering the rent--his gf will take over the phone and electric and may add cable in. This will be better for her since she is currently paying $375 in rent and her roomate was supposed to be helping with the utilities but isn't so she has been stuck paying them all. She says she will put the $ she was paying rent straight into savings and build her account back up so she isn't so worried about bills. DS & her are going to set up a joint checking account to put in the bill money. They will both keep their own savings accounts at this point.

These kids are going to wear me out!!

Mom2Gaby
07-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Please Stop Posting!! Head over to Back In Kindergarten thread #13 :carrot: :comp: