LA Weight Loss - Who's up for a Monday challenge

View Full Version : Who's up for a Monday challenge

stiesta
06-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Okay guys -- here is the deal. I am really good at starting the week off great, by Thursday and Friday I am down a few pounds, and I blow it and put it all back on over the weekend. NO MORE! I am starting a new challenge for anyone interested to be PERFECTLY POP for 7 days, starting today. Not one cheat, not one bite, not one morsel of a bite. I need to really jump start myself so I can get this ball rolling downward again. Any fellow weekend cheaters interested in joining me? We will be accountable to each other and will post our weight loss results next Monday morning. I am nervous with the 4th of July coming up next week that I will use that as an opportunity to rationalize away 2 weeks of bad eating. NOT GONNA DO IT! 7 days of POP...any takers?

juliemarie
06-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Count me in-it's so hot here I'm doing TO today and tomorrow . . . . .

Repo girl
06-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Oh, I am so in. I have been just terrible lately. Here goes nothin!

kewe92103
06-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Me too. I like Mondays , a good starting place. I have been off sugar and the white processed junk for a week. "except for last nite" Was feeling good. But, am going to go more towards the South Beach Way of eating this week.

azgal32
06-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Stiesta: You read my mind! I was horrible this weekend and now paid for it this morning when I weighed in.:( I am always so good during the week and then the weekends come, and I find myself indulging. I almost want to avoid social events to prevent me from cheating. I went to a baby shower yesterday and totally pigged out! I am WAY in!!! This is just what I needed! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Erin

Sue1968
06-26-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm in as well, but will be POP through this week and report on Friday; we leave for vaction on Saturday and I'm extremely nervous / anxious; I already know I"m giving up my frozen drinks and need some low calorie substitutions.

Tomkyn
06-26-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm in too. I'm fine on the weekends until dinner. When I'm at work all day I stay pretty routine, but then dinner comes and we often go out with friends and I eat what I shouldn't at a restaurant and...Ahhh! 7 days POP I'm totally in.

MTdebster921
06-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Count me in too. I did gain a few lbs. from vacation and have physically felt like crap ever since we got home. I am going to do TO tomorrow and Wed to see if I can get myself jump started again.

JulieMoon
06-26-2006, 01:01 PM
I am soooo totally in! Thanks so much for thinking of this. Of course this morning was a fresh start for me already, as Monday mornings usually are. We are all going to do 7 days POP!!! I'm so excited! And we had all better see the results of our hard work!
Good luck everyone!

Juliemoon

StargazerJMK
06-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Count me in! I am really beginning to HATE weekends... so much to do and so little time to actually plan and eat properly. :(

psycgirl
06-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Ohhh...sounds fun, but can I participate only through Friday? We are leaving Thursday evening to celebrate my DS 1st birthday with both grandmas in San Antonio. I will try to be good with all else, but I am eating cake on Sunday...I can say that now. Just a little bit...
But, I will be back and will do WI with ya'll on Monday.

stiesta
06-26-2006, 01:51 PM
YAY! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who blows it on the weekends. My thoughts with this are that if I can take it one week at a time, totally POP, that it will become habit again and the weight will come off. So maybe each week we can do a Monday challenge, but not getting overwhelmed because we're taking it a week at a time. Let's do it, chicas! :hug:

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-26-2006, 02:16 PM
YAY! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who blows it on the weekends. My thoughts with this are that if I can take it one week at a time, totally POP, that it will become habit again and the weight will come off. So maybe each week we can do a Monday challenge, but not getting overwhelmed because we're taking it a week at a time. Let's do it, chicas! :hug:

No sweetie you are not alone !! The weekends are so hard for me too -- with 3 kids and being on the go during the weekend -- I get sick of salads :p and honestly here lately, my life is overwhelming me -- although I have been TRYING to be in control of my eating so I can have "control" over something !!

bizlawchik
06-26-2006, 02:21 PM
I just got back yesterday from a 7 day cruise. Weight gain of 6.4 lbs. - but it was sooooo worth it. I am doing TO today and tomorrow.

Sue - For an alternatve to the frozen drinks try Crystal Light lemonade with vodka - Very refreshing and yummy!

Karla B
06-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Count me in!! I am terrible on the weekends.

stiesta
06-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey Monday-challenge friends,

How's it going so far? Lord help me to stay out of the pantry today...having a stressful morning (house stuff -- too painful to tell. I'll write more later when I can bear it!:( ) Anyway, going to take the kids to the pool to keep me from self-medicating with food.

Keep strong!

Tomkyn
06-26-2006, 05:15 PM
So far so good. I gave myself a little treat at lunch, a little cup of sugar free jello and sugar free whip cream. Not too bad, and it was darn tasty. I ate it fron a fancy desert cup and it felt like something more fancy than just jello.

How's everyone else doing today?

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Hey Monday-challenge friends,

How's it going so far? Lord help me to stay out of the pantry today...having a stressful morning (house stuff -- too painful to tell. I'll write more later when I can bear it!:( ) Anyway, going to take the kids to the pool to keep me from self-medicating with food.

Keep strong!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Boo'sMom
06-26-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm in--the best I can--we are having my sister's birthday here on Thursday and I will have a sliver of the fake "pie" I make--that should me only slip for the 7 days so I will go ahead and own up to it. Everything else on the menu is OP. She is here this week and interested in doing LAWL either on her own or maybe the center if needed. We are doing a "primer" day before real TO tomorrow and Weds. The primer is all light protein and raw green veggies, plus a bar, then regular TO with the juice Tues & Weds.

I changed my ticker--hmmmm. The gals at the center were actually pleased that after 2 weeks of POOP I was only up 2# so really I am not disappointed--just know what I need to do since I was already up 1 pre-vacation--I cannot continue this summer upward trend I am on! I am HOPING for at the 2#'s to be off on Friday when I WI again.

This challenge was a great idea--back to baby steps. Big red star on the calendar for each POP day!!

tye
06-26-2006, 05:40 PM
I wanna play.. i am new to this site and want to do a short goal!! This is perfect.. i am doing a wedding this weekend, (i do wedding cakes) and am actually a guest at this wedding as well... i do plan on having a piece of the cake but am fitting it in the plan.. no cheating.. seldom do i get to actually taste the wedding cakes i bake and when i do get the chance i take it.. helps with the business as well...

Repo girl
06-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Welcome Tye! Wedding cakes? Dang, now that is temptation. I have always wanted to do cakes, but I just can't get the skills down. I'm sure it is just as well.....Come on over to the Losers and Friends thread and say hello, that is where most of the daily chat takes place.

tanner'smom
06-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Count me in!! I need to stay POP especially because my mom is coming and she always buys lots of junk. At my WI the counselor and I planned out my menu for the week.

tye
06-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks Repo girl... i'll check it out.. this site is a bit overwhelming at first.. but tons of fun... no pun intended.. ;-

Repo girl
06-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Haha, well, we try.

Bowknot
06-26-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm in and up for the challenge. I do so much better during the week. No temptations at the office. My brother is visiting this weekend and I'm off work for 6 whole days in a row:dizzy: I really want to make this work for me.

*Laura*
06-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Is there room for another?

Today was the end of my first week, so Modays my weigh in day!
Down 4 so far:carrot:

The weekends have always been tough, Mom makes big pasta dinner on Sundays, I can't give up that one day, but I will contoll myself:o

Hope everyone has a great week

elbasso
06-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Mind if I jump in here? This is my first week, so I SHOULD be able to stick with it...lol. Plus, I can use all the accountability I can get :smug:

Angie

Gamababa3
06-27-2006, 01:07 AM
I just read this one and have been POP today. As you can tell I was bad again this weekend that is why my Fri weight at 189 is 191.4 today. I'm with the rest of you lets stay strong and be there for each other. Here's to us all doing great this week holiday and all.

Repo girl
06-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Wow, look at all of the newbies! Of course there is room for more, jump in and lets really loose some pounds this week! POP today, and now it is time for bed.

bizlawchik
06-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Day 1 of TO went well. According to my scale I am down 3.4 of the 6.4 I gained on the cruise. I don't think I can squeeze off another 3 today, but if I can get to a total of 5 on this TO, I will be a happy girl!

By the way, I really hate TO! I get sooooo hungry in the afternoon. I am hoping yesterday's weight loss will power me through today. And then back to POP!

stiesta
06-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Hey challengers,

How'd it go yesterday? Sounds like we were all POP! Hooray! :carrot: I am in better spirits this morning so I think it probably won't be as hard as it was yesterday to be good. Gonna take the kids to the San Diego Zoo today, so I won't be surrounded by temptation at home. The first few days are always the worst, huh? We'll get through this and next Monday have HUGE losses!

tye
06-27-2006, 12:24 PM
So far so good.... but my day has just begun... ;)

winkie03
06-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I was just lurking around, but have actually joined all of you on the Monday challenge. So far, so good!!

Tomkyn
06-27-2006, 02:43 PM
I was excellent yesterday, this morning was a little shaky only because I had to run to a doctor's appointment when I'm usually having breakfast, so my breakfast was hurried and not measured, though I am pretty sure I eyeballed it well.

I'm getting ready to go take my algebra exam. I've been a little slow drinking water today, mostly because I've been running errands all morning. But I'll catch up, I'm taking a bottle of water with me to class and will have that 24 oz gone before my test is over I'm sure. This morning the scale showed a loss of .4oz. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

elbasso
06-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Just started today. So far, so good!

Angie

Boo'sMom
06-27-2006, 03:40 PM
POP--and on TO today--doing fine so far!

bizlawchik
06-27-2006, 03:44 PM
By the Way, Lean Ann and Evette - Nice new pics. You guys look great!

winkie03
06-27-2006, 04:11 PM
thanks bizlawchik!!

Boo'sMom
06-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Awww thanks--just when I was about to put Boo back--maybe later. Winkie--you are getting tiny girl! WTG

*Laura*
06-27-2006, 08:55 PM
:D Hi Everyone
Looks like Tuesday was good for everyone.:dizzy:

We went to the local waterpark today so I was very buy walking and climbing stairs. The family packed lunches and I wasn't tempted when all the kids, and the husband had large ice creams.

Is anyone doing the lites?
I brought the toffee popcorn and cheese chips to snack on. I counted them as my la lits for the day, but now I'm looking at the chart and I think they were supposed to count as starches. :?:

Looking forward to good Wednesday.

choices
06-27-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm in...btw what is POP? Focused~

stiesta
06-28-2006, 01:11 AM
POP = perfectly on plan :)

Tomkyn
06-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Yesterday was a good day. Dinner had two tablespoons of lite sodium soy sauce so I had two cups of hot lemon water and there was no gain this morning, so excitement for me! It was a perfectly on plan day I think. Two days down, let's see how wednesday treats us!

Good luck girls!

bizlawchik
06-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Thank God TO is OVER! I go for WI at lunch today, so we'll see how it went. But I was POP during TO.

So far, so good for today. I have planned everything through the weekend, and pre-made my lunches and portioned stuff, etc. to make it easier. I am hoping to lose most of the weight I put on during the cruise (6.4 lb) this week, with next week being the deadline to put me back where I was (229).

Repo girl
06-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Yesterday I was great. I am dead set on being great today. I would really like to see a loss this week. I have been jumping up and down on the scale for a few weeks now, completely my own fault for a ridiculous lack of willpower. I am back on my way now though!

Gamababa3
06-28-2006, 11:47 AM
I was happy with myself also as I stayed on plan. I am working hard to do the same today. It's great to read how well we're all doing.

Boo'sMom
06-28-2006, 11:58 AM
POP--since Sunday! Day 2 of TO going fine, too. Good news/bad news--my sis is down 2.8 this morning and I am slightly up--what the heck??? Anyway--I was thrilled for her and think this will really help with her motivation to do the program. I could tell she was really excited/shocked with her weight this morning. I gave her my first month's diary to take home for ideas on planning so I hope it helps.

2loveme
06-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Count me in to! I always seem to fall on my face on the wkend. But not this wkend. I know we can all do it. See ya at the scales

psycgirl
06-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Leann: Don't panic...I always gain while on TO, then the scale drops the 1st day off. Hopefully that will happen!

I was POP yesterday...okay, maybe not perfectly. I did not cheat but was very busy yesterday and suddenly realized at 8pm that I still had two veggies left! I was too tired, so I went to bed....Oooops...

winkie03
06-28-2006, 12:34 PM
psycgirl......i did the same thing, but I forgot to eat my bar. We have to get everything in for the day, correct? What happens if we don't? I don't go to a COD...so I was just wondering.

Boo'sMom
06-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Psyc--I soooo hope you are right! I haven't done a TO since the beginning so I was starting to think I was a fool to do it with no positive results. We'll see. If not getting something in was your worst offense then you are doing great!

psycgirl
06-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Leann: Just be sure to drink all of your water...my scale keeps moving up to 3 days after TO! :D

Evette: Hmmm...I don't do the COD anymore either. I am not sure, but I am thinking that if we only messed up one day, our bodies should be resilient enuff to take it. I know that I am not going to make up for it today...pretty sure we aren't supposed to do that! I will say a prayer that you and I didn't mess anything up yesterday! :hug: Keep me posted!

winkie03
06-28-2006, 12:51 PM
psycgirl - i'm not gonna make up for it today either. I'll pray for us too! I did weigh myself this morning and stayed the same.

stiesta
06-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Hey challengers, I'm doing well myself. I am determined that this week and weekend will be perfect. It's funny how a week without cheating didn't used to be such a challenge -- it was what I did! Here's hoping this will bring back the willpower! Glad you're all doing it with me :hug:

Repo girl
06-28-2006, 03:41 PM
On missing food: Try not to miss stuff. You will lose better when you get everything in everyday. Do not make up for missed food the next day, and if you have a cheat, DO NOT starve the next day to make up for it. These kinds of things really mess with the old metabolism.

winkie03
06-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up Katie!! I'm not making up for food today, don't worry.

winkie03
06-28-2006, 04:20 PM
psycgirl - love the new avatar!! you're so tiny!

psycgirl
06-28-2006, 04:40 PM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
:cp: :cp: :cp:

:dance: :dance: :dance:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Evette: You called me tiny!??!?! YOU JUST MADE MY WEDNESDAY! Thank you...you're lookin' kinda skinnyminny yourself there, girl! :D

winkie03
06-28-2006, 04:48 PM
No girl, you're the skinnyminny!! I'm glad I made your WEDNESDAY! Keep smiling! Take Care

tye
06-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Has it been quiet today???? How's everyone doing... i'm struggling today..i havent cheated but i'm only on my second week of program and of course Aunt Flo decides to visit so i'm going through it without chocolate.. yipes.. i hope everyone in my office survives the next few days...

stiesta
06-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Evette and Sommer -- love the new pics! You guys look great!:)

stiesta
06-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Psyc -- you also look great. Are you sure you need to lose weight? :) :)

elbasso
06-28-2006, 11:15 PM
I did great today. Still have a cup of juice left for tonight. Day 2 of begining program. Weighed in today when they explained my meal plan. Down 1.4 pounds :)

Angie

psycgirl
06-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Elbasso: Great job! keep up the hard work! :carrot:

Stiesta: Awww..thank you! The problem is, I am only 5 ft 3, so even 135 on me looks a little thick. But, I've always been athletic, so I carry my weight well! That pic is not the best to show my pudge...I was wearing all black! I'll try to find another. Good to hear the house issue might be in the process of being resolved. And, so good to hear your staying POP! You are an inspiration!

Evette: Gonna WI in the morning...arrggg...missed a veggie and fruit today! Tomorrow is DS's birthday and family is coming in town Friday. I have been too busy to eat! :dizzy:

Tye: No chocolate?!?!? I understand...it it my vice! Maybe the other ladies on here have some good suggestions as to substitutions you can make that help help fix that craving. On another note, I always loved WIs after TOM, because scale moved faster! (water weight, I'm sure)

winkie03
06-29-2006, 12:57 AM
psycgirl: let me know how the WI goes! TRY not to miss any more meals girl. From what Katie wrote us: "On missing food: Try not to miss stuff. You will lose better when you get everything in everyday. Do not make up for missed food the next day, and if you have a cheat, DO NOT starve the next day to make up for it. These kinds of things really mess with the old metabolism."

psycgirl
06-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Morning Evette!
It said 149 this morning! I don't move my ticker until it says the same weight 2 days in a row. Yes, I will try really hard to heed Katie's advice today. I promise to eat all of my food! Today is DS/s 1st birthday but the party is not until Sunday...so I should be okay!

How did your WI go this morning?

winkie03
06-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Good Morning PsycGirl!!

Congratulations on the weight loss!! I'm happy for you! This morning my scale said 164, so i'm down a pound!! wohoo! I'm doing TO today and tomorrow for the first time too. I'll let you know how I do.

Take care, girl!

bizlawchik
06-29-2006, 09:51 AM
One more day POP - I have today planned, so that should make it pretty easy!

Boo'sMom
06-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Sis and I made it completely POP through her birthday celebration yesterday! :carrot: My niece even fixed our "fake" pie and we saved a piece for today and are going to trade a bar for it (luckily it is way lower in everything than a bar so I don't feel too bad). I was back down to 160 this AM, not sure about sis yet--she had to leave early for freshman orientation with the other niece--how exciting--I am going to have 2 nieces (ie babysitters) in town this Fall! TO wasn't too tough but the "only" 1.8 loss (so far psyc?) was disappointing even though I should have expected it given it's also TOM this week. Maybe Friday's WI will be nicer since TOM should be over.:crossed:

Love all the new photo avatars--everyone is so beautiful and I feel like I know you! I always say "my friend so-n-so said" and he'll ask, "your friend-friend or your computer-friend?" goofy guy.

psycgirl
06-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Hey gals!

Boo's Mom: Fake pie?!?!? Lemme get that recipe! As for TO, I am very strict POP for the first few days afterwards...and you are right about TOM, it always adds about 3 pounds to me. MY COD once said that TO keeps working up to 3 days after you stop....may not be true for everyone, but I'm hoping your scale will continue to drop!

Evette: Yay for you! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: WTG on the pound loss! TO today? Hope it goes well! I will do another TO next weekend. My favorite part of TO is this amazing Lite Ceasar dressing and the crunchy crispy skin of oven baked chicken.....mmmmmm... :D

winkie03
06-29-2006, 10:56 AM
yep....TO today. I'm doing well, considering it's only 6:55 in the morning. But, I'll do it. I know I can. Just enjoying my coffee for now.

mmmm....the crispy skin of oven bakeed chicken!! that sounds so tasty. i might have to get some.

Boo'sMom
06-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Psyc--this is my new FAVORITE treat--it's not technically OP but I make it work so I can have pie. It came out of the Kraft magazine and I think you can look it up at their website--but I'll do my best to explain.

Ingredients:
1 oz. tub SF coolwhip (thawed)
small pkg SF jello (flavor--your choice--I love lemon)
reduced fat graham pie crust

Make jello according to box, let chill about 20 min (not set), then mix in coolwhip (I always have leftover and just put in storage container to eat later) pour all into crust and let chill/set for about 4 hours. It is SOOOOO yummy and really the crust is the only part with anything worth counting. An 1/8 is about 100 calories. So we modified it further--since 2 RF graham cracker sheets is a starch, I use 1/2 of 1 sheet in the botton of a small bowl, then put filling on top--very close and only about 35 calories--it's all a trade-off.

Hope this is somewhat clear. It's also good frozen for a cooler treat. If I use lemon or lime I add a little real juice for extra tartness. We've tried lemon, lime and raspberry so far and they are all good.

Thanks for the TO and post TOM loss positive words--I am finally back to working hard at this and want to see some ticker movement!

psycgirl
06-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Yum Yum! :hug:
Guess who's having pie on Sunday?!?!? :D
Thanks for giving me a way to enjoy sweets!
Keep us posted on the scale movement!

winkie03
06-29-2006, 11:23 AM
lea ann: i forgot to tell you earlier, but I love your new avatar. you look awesome!! hoping the pounds will continue to drop. At least, for the both of us!

Gamababa3
06-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Lea Ann that pie sounds yummy, but I know I'd want to eat the whole pie:)

You guys are all doing so great we can continue to be strong and finish out this week POP. I think this will help us all stay stronger in the weeks to come. I WI tonight and I was happy to see my AM weight was 187.6 so I know this being POP is working:) I'm eating light so I won't weigh to much more this evening. Here's to another POP day for all of us. Got to get some work done now. Have a great day!

stiesta
06-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Leann, that pie is calling my name. Think I'll make it this weekend to help me get through. Thanks, chickie!

So far so good...am down about 1.1 since Monday and I am thrilled. My challenge (as always) will be the weekend. Am planning on being totally POP today as well!

Keep it up Monday challenge friends!

Boo'sMom
06-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Barb--just make it for a crowd and then you can't--we rarely have any leftover! WTG on the losses!! You are doing so awesome. When are you going to change your ticker??

Psyc & Evette--thanks.

Tomkyn
06-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Oh yay Evette and Lea Ann! You guys are doing great!

I love hearing when people get past stumbling blocks and hit the weight loss track hard, even after a time of being not-so-good with their diet. It's encouraging to know that it's fully possible to get back on track even after you've lost your way. It is never all or nothing if you want it bad enough.

Good luck everyone. Today is another good day for all of us.

tye
06-29-2006, 12:22 PM
okay.. still not chocolate .. woo hoo... that is such a hurdle for me!! i am sooo new here.. what is TO??? and what is TOM??? i have an idea just by the conversations...

winkie03
06-29-2006, 12:27 PM
tye:

TO is "Take-Off"
TOM is Time of the Month

:-)

tye
06-29-2006, 12:31 PM
ha.. i figured as much with TOM.. but exactly what is Take-Off? Is it part of the diet that you are doing????

winkie03
06-29-2006, 12:39 PM
i can't really explain what it is, but it's part of LAWL. You're limited to the foods you eat for 2 days. You're allowed (per day)

6 oz. of the same protein (chicken, beef, tuna, etc)
2 cups raw green veggies or 1 cup cooked
2 LA Lites
16 oz TO Juice from the COD or Knudsen Morning Blend or the Diet Celebrity Juice (you add 16oz of water to it)
no more than 2 6oz cups of caffinated coffee

Is that right, gals?

StargazerJMK
06-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Hey guys, just checking in. I'm doing ok so far. The weekend is going to be tough. Stomp Rockets on Sat. morning, MH cleaning Sat. afternoon (good exercise) and telescope Sat. Night. Then there's Sunday...LOL and I'm off Monday and Tuesday, vacation and holiday. Probably won't do any BBQs or anything but I am invited to a What Happened to all the Martini's Party Monday night. Think I'll pass on that one. ;)

Gamababa3
06-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Barb--just make it for a crowd and then you can't--we rarely have any leftover! WTG on the losses!! You are doing so awesome. When are you going to change your ticker??

Psyc & Evette--thanks.

That's a thought. Thanks I'm really trying this week, first time in a long time that I'm stayed POP. I only change my ticker after my evening WI's at my center. Since I went this evening I have updated now. The WI I mentioned was my morning weight, but it's only a difference of .6. I can't believe how much I've lost in 4 days. We can do it the rest of the week:)

MTdebster921
06-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Welcome Tye- Where in Colorado are you at? I grew up in Colo. Spgs. and lived in Grand Jct. for 6 years. I miss CO but I love MT too.

Laura- Welcome- The popcorns are a snack not a lite and you count them as a starch. I have to really be craving sweets anymore to eat the toffee popcorn. It is just too stinkin sweet for me anymore.

Psyc- Love the new avatar. WOOHOO on the new decade!!!

Barb- You are doing awesome!!!!

Christie- Yay on the 1.1 lbs.

I had a DR's appt. this am to do female stuff and then I wanted to do yearly bloodwork, so I didn't get to eat until about 11:30. I stopped in at Wendy's and had a southwest salad. Way yummy. I was starving!! But I have stayed POP for the last 3 days. We won't talk about Monday anymore.

Boo'sMom
06-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Barbara--yeah for you! so many of us are having POP weeks--thanks Christie for the extra motivational challenge. Love to see that ticker move.

Debbie--WOW girl you are getting sooooo close to onederland!! Woohoo!!

Repo girl
06-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Okay, I have really sucked the last 2 days. Did great yesterday until last night DH fixed his aunts car and she paid him with a big chocolate cake. I held it on my lap on the way home, picking at a corner of it. DH told me not to eat it, since I was on a challenge with you guys. I asked him if he would hand a beer to an alcoholic or a joint to a junkie. He said no, of course not, so I asked him why in the heck he wanted me to hold his dang cake. Anyway, I continued to steal a bite here and there until I finally gave it to the Great Danes this afternoon. It was gone in 2.5 seconds flat! Tomorrow is a new day, right. I have got to kick it up.

Boo'sMom
06-30-2006, 10:41 AM
Katie--sorry--but that was too funny (cruel, but funny) but the silver lining is that you just had a taste and not the whole dang thang!! I call that a NSV. And I think it's hilarious you gave it to the dogs and not DH. I guess we all all junkies on the inside.

stiesta
06-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Katie, LOL at the junkie inside of us. Only problem for us is that we can't avoid our drug of choice unless we're going to be fed an IV for the rest of our life. NSV for you to give it to the danes -- better them to be eating it than you!

I am doing very good this week, totally POP, but went up .4 today. Hoping it's a rise before a big loss, because I need to be strong this weekend. DH will be home for 4 days (taking Monday and Tuesday off) so it will be tempting to eat out and have treats. I am not going to do it! Hang in there with me, girls, the weekend begins tonight! Let's get our POP week finished! :D

bizlawchik
06-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Doing good so far! Went to WI this morning, and only down .2. But I guess I can't complain because Wed. showed a 5 lb. loss after TO.

Katie, at least you didn't eat the whole cake!

Stiesta, congrats on another POP day! Hang in there, we can all do this.

juliemarie
06-30-2006, 11:56 AM
bizlaw-keeping off your TO weight loss is a huge accomplishment! WTG!

winkie03
06-30-2006, 12:01 PM
bizlaw (cassie): got through my first day of TO and the scales are showing a 2 pound loss for the first day!! wohoo!

katie: at least you just had a taste of the cake and not the whole cake!!:carrot:

stiesta: wtg on the POP day!! You can do it.

boosmom: love the new avatar. looking good!

Boo'sMom
06-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Okay--TO was worth it--I am back to where I was pre-Myrtle Beach--just not quite to my lowest LAWL point--almost (I think about .6). I'll take it. This POP week challenge is what I needed to get back on track--dad even called to tell me he threw a bunch of chicken on the grill with the traditional ribs for our Fourth of July lunch--what a guy! My goal is to NOT gain next week at the folks--"home" is tough.

Christie--WTG on staying POP--you'll do fine with DH home--enjoy it.

Evertte--WTG on the loss!

bizlawchik
06-30-2006, 12:45 PM
WTG Evette - Keep it up, girl!

JM - Thanks! I'm hoping that since today was so small, Monday will be a good one. I'm still up 1.2 from pre-cruise, and Monday will be a week back on plan. So... if I can lose all of the cruise gain in one week, I will be a happy girl.

*Laura*
06-30-2006, 10:29 PM
HI All
Just checking in. I thought I was doing good this week until I reread the food plan. I was weighing my food after I cooked it and was eatting 2oz. too much of each protein.:o Oh well, live and learn, right.;)

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning my center is offering $10 to anyone that weighs in on Saturday and losses 1/2lb by Monday. I think I read the sign correct. I notice the workers don't really advertise what they have hanging around the place. I also saw a sign saying they give $25 credit for ther products for each 5lbs weight loss this summer, has anyone else seen these? I've got hi hopes I probably won't lose, I have my neices baptism on Sunday and a big party to follow but I can strive for it.

Good luck to all:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: (you have to love the carrot):carrot: :carrot:

Repo girl
07-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Well, I did it. Yesterday was a perfect day. POP for me. I was planning on POP today, but my sweet little 5 year old brought me breakfast in bed. Frosted mini wheats with whole milk. I managed to have a few bites is all, so I am going to go on with my day like it didn't happen. I could not hurt her feelings, it was so cute of her to do that. Have a great day all!

Gamababa3
07-01-2006, 01:53 PM
HI All
Just checking in. I thought I was doing good this week until I reread the food plan. I was weighing my food after I cooked it and was eatting 2oz. too much of each protein.:o Oh well, live and learn, right.;)

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning my center is offering $10 to anyone that weighs in on Saturday and losses 1/2lb by Monday. I think I read the sign correct. I notice the workers don't really advertise what they have hanging around the place. I also saw a sign saying they give $25 credit for ther products for each 5lbs weight loss this summer, has anyone else seen these? I've got hi hopes I probably won't lose, I have my neices baptism on Sunday and a big party to follow but I can strive for it.

Good luck to all:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: (you have to love the carrot):carrot: :carrot:

My center is doing to same thing, which center are you from. The one about the 1/2 by next week was by the scale and my center has a white board in the area of the scale that tells about the $25 credit for each 5 lb till sometime in Sept. I'm in CA in the bayarea and was just currious if other centers are doing the same thing. We also had lites on sale though today, which I heard is usually just once to twice a year.

Gamababa3
07-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Well, I did it. Yesterday was a perfect day. POP for me. I was planning on POP today, but my sweet little 5 year old brought me breakfast in bed. Frosted mini wheats with whole milk. I managed to have a few bites is all, so I am going to go on with my day like it didn't happen. I could not hurt her feelings, it was so cute of her to do that. Have a great day all!

That was very sweet of your DD. I agree you couldn't hurt her feelings. Good luck with the rest of your day staying POP. We have a choir function barbecue/pool party and I'm bringing a salad. Just have to work hard to watch my choices. Tomorrow we're taking my GDD to Great America and my old counselor is going with her DH. I have to be strong so I can WI on Mon and have another loss:)

psycgirl
07-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Hey all!

Yay! The goal I set for myself to be 149 by yesterday actually worked! My WI the last 3 mornings was 149! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Katie: How sweet of your DD! I admire your self control...anything frosted tastes great to me!

Gama: How are you?

Everyone else: Where are you? Have a great POP day!

winkie03
07-01-2006, 03:24 PM
PsycGirl - congratulations on meeting your goal!!

Katie - What a sweet daughter you have! I agree eating the food didn't happen, you couldn't hurt her feelings. awwww....

Gamababa3
07-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Hey all!

Yay! The goal I set for myself to be 149 by yesterday actually worked! My WI the last 3 mornings was 149! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Katie: How sweet of your DD! I admire your self control...anything frosted tastes great to me!

Gama: How are you?

Everyone else: Where are you? Have a great POP day!
Psycgirl I'm doing great. Happy I'm back on plan and the weights coming off again, thanks for asking. Glad to read your weight has stayed at 149 and hasn't increased. We can do this:)

elbasso
07-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Glad to see everyone is doing great! I weighed in today. I'm down 5 pounds since Monday (remeber, this is my first week), so I'm pretty happy. Only 2 days to go. I've really been surprised at how much food is on my plan and how full I've been feeling.

Angie

*Laura*
07-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi Barbara
I live on the other coast, my center is on the east end of Long Island.

When I went to weigh in this morning I asked what my total was so far, she said she had to calculate and that it was 6lbs. I said oh good I get a coupon right. She then said yes and gave me a $25 coupon. I guess you have to ask they don't just give them out.

Have a great week-end
Laura

elbasso
07-02-2006, 11:21 AM
One day to go! Who is still here?

Angie

tye
07-03-2006, 12:43 PM
how'd everyone do over the weekend??? I did pretty well.. with a Wedding even... down 3lbs on week 2 .. woo hoo.. thanks to this thread and all the great encouragement... gonna try it again for week 3.. POP

Gamababa3
07-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Congrats Tye for staying strong with a wedding and losing.

I didn't do well after staying strong all week I went to the choir function and gave in to many desserts and then yesteday went to Great America and had another few choices that I shouldn't have. We have another barbecue tomorrow to attend. Of course my scale is up I think I need to turn into a hermit to continue to lose:)

Hope everyone else did better.

tye
07-03-2006, 02:14 PM
gamababa3: Just dont look back.... you'll do great this week... the holiday i almost over!! ;)

bizlawchik
07-03-2006, 02:26 PM
I was POP for six days. I went to the mall for dinner on Friday and did great. Went to a BBQ Saturday and did great. Sunday, however, was the 2nd BBQ...

I am up .2 today at WI from Friday. Not bad, however, not a loss. But I did put every bite onto Fitday and found out that I only consumed 1408 calories, so it may be just water weight. So... I am hoping for a nice loss on Wed. (and I'll get my $10). Here's to a 2nd POP Week (Starting Wed. for everyone I'm sure!

elbasso
07-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Great job Tye!

Gama--Great America would be a tough one one for me to tackle. Just keep moving forward :)

Biz--I bet that is all that was--water. Hope you get your 10 bucks ;)

For my very first week, I lost 6.6 pounds....yayyyy :) That will keep me motivated for week 2 :)

Angie

*Laura*
07-03-2006, 07:37 PM
I did good this past week. I had my neices christening party Sunday, there was lots of good food, but I only ate a little of everything that intersted me. Normally I would take a large plate of everything and eat it all. So that should count.

I didn't have a chance to weight in today, but my scale says I stayed the same from Saturdays weigh in.:carrot:

brendasue
08-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Please count me in Brenda