Carb Counters - Weekly Chat// June 26-July 2

View Full Version : Weekly Chat// June 26-July 2

lady_adnerb
06-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Well, the weekend COULD have been better. But I've had worse ones. I wasn't OP the whole weekend. I slipped here and there. Cake and a couple egg rolls on Saturday. And a bowl of ice cream last night. But it wasn't TONS of stuff like usual. So I'm going to count this as a road to being completely OP! I did good at the graduation party until they cut the cake. Past up countless noodle salads, beans, chips and dips and other stuff like that. Ate fruits and veggies and plain meat. Yup, then they cut the cake. ARGH! I need to remind myself NOT to eat if I'm not hungry. And didn't drink a speck of the water I should be. So back to it!!!

needtolose4me2
06-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Good morning. Well I screwed up (finally) as well this weekend. But it was more out of revenge to get myself back for not losing weight this week. I figured, hey I bust my butt all week and don't cheat and this is what I get for it? I'll show you! and then I proceeded to have a 3 inch slice of french bread with butter, later a 1 inch slice of angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream and a chocolate chip cookie. ( did double time on the treadmill this morning to punish myself)
I think the real reason I cheated was not only didn't I lose weight last week (because that has happened plenty of weeks and Ikept going) but also because I have been having the bm problems like I mentioned and I didn't feel well at all this weekend. I think that exlax made me sick. I was a bit crampy and nauseaus (sp?) and really flet like my body was trying to tell me something. (oh yes, it was telling me that it wanted a piece of strawberry short cake!) well, whatever it was telling me Ididn't hear it because I don't feel that much better today.
Thanks lillybelle and robinw for your tips! I will put them to use this week. I was afraid of the psyllium husk isn't metamucil the stuff they say blows up in your stomach or something?
Well all, have a good day. I still hope to salvage this week. Just wish I was feeling better.

maggie

RobinW
06-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Good Morning

Maggie~ I've never had any trouble with metimucil or psyllium husk. I use psyllium husk "powder" in my protein shake every morning. I dont get any bloating at all...works great ;)

Brenda~ You didnt do too bad!!! Aim for 6 full days op this week, then 7 the next, before you know it, you'll be 100% 24-7!

My first week back on induction and I managed to loose 8 lbs. :cb: :cb: Thats with about 1/2 the water I should have drank. About 32oz extra ontop of my coffee and iced green tea, and glass of water with meals. Not too shabby. Im going to increase my cardio this week by an additional 5 min....work my way up to 90 min total in the day.

:cheers: here's to another successful week!

lilybelle
06-26-2006, 07:19 PM
I did pretty decent this weekend but screwed up this morning. I weighed this morning and mad that the scale hadn't changed so I punished myself. I ate a banana and a low-carb breakfast bar with coffee. For lunch I had Bratwurst with sauerkraut. Snack was a LC tortilla with ham and cheese. I have already had too many carbs today but I am still hungry. I have ribs in the oven cooking and will have these with salad and a green veggie for dinner. I have watermelon calling my name right now. I am just totally frustrated and will try to do better tomorrow. Hanging on to these last couple lbs. is making me crazy. I have my doctor's appt. this Friday and so wanted to be at goal. Maybe after this appt. I can relax and finish to goal, my next appt. will be in 4 months. I am so stressed. I hate seeing the doctor. Sometimes, I feel that if I eat one extra carb in a week that I don't lose a bit. As you can see, my problem isn't junk food, it's fruit. Oh well, I'll try to get on treadmill but the mood I'm in, I was thinking maybe a trip to the mall for new shoes would be the way to go this evening. Good luck to everyone.

lady_adnerb
06-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Maggie: Hope you feel better soon!

Robin: WTG on the 8 pounds! That is awesome! Wish I could do that! Keep up the great work!

Lily: Keep up the great work and you'll be at goal in no time!

If we can't eat some of the things we want (healthy things, that is)...when we want them, then is being skinny REALLY going to be worth it? What I mean is, if eating watermelon, grapes or whatever is going to keep us from being the size we want...is it a good thing? That's another question I've been struggling with lately. So I've been thinking my problem isn't that I've been eating strawberries or fruits...it's that my lazy butt isn't moving. I know, I know. People have told me exercise is NOT an option. Just thought I should get my eating under control first. Well, maybe I'm doing it backwards? Maybe I shoudl get the water and exercise under control and THEN worry about the rest of my eating?? What you all think?

needtolose4me2
06-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Good morning!
Well got my exercise in for the day. Feel good about that.

Brenda - I know what you mean about the fruit. I went to bed last night feeling guilty that I screwed up again but when I was going over what I ate - i coudn't find anything really bad, I had strawberries and blueberries. THat was it. why should I feel bad about that? I guess because the scale is just not moving for me the way it should I'm trying to stay on induction but God, it's FRUIT! With the way my stomach has been feeling I feel like it's calling out to me. So I'm gonna have it! The scale can't slow down much more!
About the exercise. I really didn't start exercising until this june challenge. I can't say that it has sped up my weight loss, but I think the inches are shrinking faster. and I think in the long run when you get where you want to be, you can have days when you go off plan but as long as your exercising you won't gain it back. I truely hated exercising and started at about 3 days a week now as we are nearing the end of the challenge, I am doing it every morning. I just feel better about myself the whole day, like I'm wearing a sign that says " I did my exercise today!"
The bad thing that I found with exercising though is that I'm definetely more hungry!
Lillybelle, I hear a little negativity in your post! Don't lose it now girl! I wish I had some encouraging words.I think if I were in your shoes I would go off plan for a few days and then jump back in full swing with induction. It might shock you into moving. Remember the first few weeks of induction way back when?

Robinw - WOW for you! great job. I think my days of losing 8 lbs a week are over. I can't even get that in a month! I'm jealous! YOu said your first week back on induction, were you just op with higher carbs are were you off for a while and then jumped back in?
THanks for the psyllium advice will go get some today.

have a good day all
maggie

RobinW
06-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Good Morning

Brenda, my thoughts on exercise....I hate it too!!! I hate sweating, and breathing hard when its not a fun ;) activity Im doing!!! But, when I keep up with my exercise and dont eat properly, I still manage to loose a lb or 2 a week. This puts me in the mentality.....hey, if Im loosing this just exercising, I'd loose alot more if I ate properly and exercised together....this usually gets me on the right track. You might find that you can eat this way on the weekends, with your exercise during the week, and you'll loose a lb or 2.

Have you thought about switching up your eating plan? Switch to calorie counting(low carb)....and allowing yourself "x" number of weekend calories, and when you've eaten them, thats it!!?

I have a conference call this morning :barf: I absolutely hate them!!!!!!!! To make it worse the consultatant we hired reminds me wayyyyyyyyy to much of my exhusband when he talks :bomb: So my stress level over this situation is raging!! I want to let him go, but we have invested too much $$ already....and for me, he hasn't produced $2000 worth of consulting :headache: Today may be a total wash when it comes to food...meaning, I think dh will be taking me out for supper or a late lunch today!

Stress is my absolute worst enemy, I sure can't handle it like I used to :dizzy: I need to stay away from the chocolate, donuts and those damned hoho's!!! To top it off its raining and dreary dark here today :crazy:

Oh, and my gym buddy hasnt been to the gym with me in over 3 weeks. She called this morning with another reason to not go....I was hoping to bounce stuff off her after this meeting.

We need a hair pulling out of my head smiley!! :lol3:

So you think Im getting worked up over nothing??? Most likely eh?!!!

There is good stuff happening tomorrow tho :cheer: So there is something to look forward to.

Well, I best get dressed, cant do business in my pj's :rofl: even if nobody can see me!

Have a good one ladies!

RobinW
06-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Robinw - WOW for you! great job. I think my days of losing 8 lbs a week are over. I can't even get that in a month! I'm jealous! YOu said your first week back on induction, were you just op with higher carbs are were you off for a while and then jumped back in?
THanks for the psyllium advice will go get some today.

I was in sugar **** for a couple weeks :( I manged to drag myself out of it, and get back to it. So its alot of water weight, I can really see it in my face. I dont look all puffy anymore.

Are you thinking of jump starting things a bit? Something that has worked for me is to have my protein/fibre shake in the morning, only eggs all day until supper, then chicken and a small salad. For 7 days. Switches things up on your body and dumps a few extra lbs for that week. I dont know if you remember Lacey, but she used to eat just eggs for 3 or 4 days to get the weight moving off again....worked great for her.

lilybelle
06-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone, I am more chipper today. BF was on program and this makes the rest of the day go smoother. I went shopping last night and did a lot of walking. Went to 6 stores before I found sandals that I wanted. Went all over the mall with my kids. I'm not at all giving up, but do definitely have a problem with craving fruits. I wouldn't dream of eating a candy bar, but OK it in my mind to have fruit. I know that I am stressed about this DR. appointment on Friday. He makes such a huge deal of my weight. When I saw him in February I was 169 lbs., so maybe he'll be satisfied with my progress. He did tell me on my last visit that taking off those last 20 lbs. or so would be a lot more difficult. My one year anniversary on Atkins was June 24th. I may take the girls swimming again today, changing my exercise up a little seems to help. Good luck to everyone.

Idealperson
06-27-2006, 05:18 PM
This past weekend was my worst ever...I had a huge piece of birthday cake and ice cream both Sat and Sun! I also got my period so that explains it all. I have been journalling and I am only losing about 1-2 pounds per month-very slow!

Oh well, now I have strawberries and raspberries ripe in my garden, so I have been having a few each day, but staying under 25 grams of carbs daily.

I had a huge salad with tuna for lunch and hard boiled eggs for breakfast. Not sure yet about supper...

Glamourgirl25
06-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Hi Ladies,

Glam here! Fourth day of Induction and it's pretty tough. I'm over the "sick" feelings of withdrawal, now dealing with weird peaks and dips in energy though. Not the crazy carb rollercoaster, something different. Like I'm going about my day, feeling good then suddenly very fatigued. It's not as bad as carb cravings - nothing is - but I guess my body is still adjusting. I was very depressed the first three days of this induction, and I'm definitely climbing out of that now. Feeling a little crave-y right now, but I keep praying for strength to get through it. You guys have been very supportive, and I appreciate this website so much.

Lilybelle, lady adnerb, need to lose, robin, Ideal, and others - I've never stuck to a plan longer than three weeks. Even though it's hard for some of you right now, you are such an inspiration. Keep going, because you're such great role models for newbies like me!!!!!!

Hope you all have a great day and send good Atkins thoughts to me!!!!! Every bit helps!!!

Love,
Glam

lilybelle
06-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Hi Glam, good luck on the induction. That's the hardest part. I was depressed when i started Atkins too. Those feelings go away and then You will be so happy to see the great weight loss. Congratulations on getting started and following through. Thanks for saying we're inspirations, it helps more than you know.

ilovemike4alwayz
06-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi Ladies. Things are going well here. I am sleepy this morning. I made it to the gym, but totally dont want to go to work. I need to be getting in bed earlier. Well I did bad this weekend. I am not going to say exactly what I did, but it was enough to scare me straight. I drank lots of water yesterday and I am down 2 lbs today, so that made me happier and i worked my booty off at the gym. Now I am so sleepy. I started strict induction over again. I am going to start buying stuff to take with me on the weekends when I see my family so that way there will be no room for temptation. Hope everyone has a great day.

Idealperson
06-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Happy Hump day all! The week is going better. I am sticking to the LC lifestyle and recovering from the weekend. This one coming up is a long holiday weekend, so I need a plan of action...any ideas? I'll probably do alot of grilling and have alot of salad stuff at hand. I started to add sit ups and leg lifts to my routine and man am I sore today! Take care!

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 161#
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

lilybelle
06-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone. Happy Wednesday. I have been cooking and cleaning house. I am very happy to report that last night I was able to fit into a couple of medium dressy blouses that my daughter gave me. Haven't worn a medium in shirts in about 25 yrs. so this was exciting. Even though my weight loss is stalled, I am getting smaller. This just made my day.

Idealperson
06-28-2006, 03:33 PM
WAY TO GO, LILLYBELLE :carrot:
WHAT A FEELING...... WOW!

Glamourgirl25
06-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi All,

Just checking in for the day. Day 5 on Induction, and things are going peachy. Got too hungry last night - wayyyyyy too hungry, and ended up eating some almonds, but just a handful and they were plain so I'm not going to start Induction over or anything. Just found myself out with no appropriate foods, so they had to do. Actually, I'm kind of pleased - I learned the "don't go unprepared" rule, but also made the best of what I could - i.e. didn't use it as an excuse to go off the plan.

Hope everyone is having a good day! Here are lots of good Atkins thoughts to you all!!!

Love,
Glam

needtolose4me2
06-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Great news lillybelle! I think I'm losing inches and not pounds too. sometimes Ithink I'm doing something wrong when measuring because it always seem to be down another 1/2 inch or inch. I try to wear the same clothes on measuring day right down to my bra!
I really would love to see the scale move though I think I've lost 3 pounds the last month! I still have to long to go to be losing this slow! I know this is suppose to be a new lifestyle and I shouldn't worry about how long it takes because I'll be doing this forever, it's just that I need clothes desperately and don't want to buy now and then buy again when I get down to my goal (20 more pounds) I'm trying to make due with what I have but it's driving me crazy!

Glamourgal - You did the right thing! It seems like you have the concept down, keep up the good work.

idealperson - sorry i can't help you with the holiday weekend eating situation. I am feeling so down and out of it that I think I'm going to just avoid everything. Not much in the mood. just be careful and keep your goal in mind!

lilybelle
06-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks IP and needtolose, I appreciate it. needtolose, I can fully understand the 3lbs. in a month. I have been losing only about 3-4 lbs. a month for the last couple months. I was so happy to see that I am still losing inches. I feel so much smaller sometimes and then when I weigh the scales haven't changed. My clothes are fitting nicely and I will be glad to have some new pic's to post. Good luck everyone.

lady_adnerb
06-29-2006, 09:59 AM
Just checking in. Been bouncing around doing errands and haven't had a chance to sit down. Yesterday we ran and went to get yarn. Both my youngest (who has been crocheting for about a year now) and my oldest have decided to make "granny square" blankets. So the youngest and I are teaching the oldest. Should I mention her TOM is here and that should be enough said on how well that's going? :lol: I've been OP but not drinking the water I should be. I'm sure that has to do w/the running around. I need to get into the habit of buying water instead of soda. I'm now back to drinking soda again. ARGH! I need to buy some Diet Rite so that if I want to drink soda it has Splenda instead of aspartame. Maybe that'll help me. My plan to add exercise went out the window. Just hasn't happened. Tomorrow going out to eat w/the MIL and FIL. Should be interesting. Plan is to have steak and veggies...we'll see how I follow through on that.
:wave: Don't forget your water ladies :)

ilovemike4alwayz
06-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Well so far so good. I am down 3 lbs from my fumble this weekend. I am stressed to the max though because my husband is supposed to be home sometime soon. He was discharged from the Navy and is supposedly coming home today, but I dont have a clue what time or if he even is. I hate the Navy, they wont allow him to call to let me know.

Idealperson
06-29-2006, 12:51 PM
I hope you can see or talk to your hubby soon, that must be so frustrating! Will he be discharged permanently?

I had a good day yesterday until.... my daughter had friends sleep over and we made a fire and grilled marshmallows! I ate at least 4-5, tho I did not eat the samores!

We live along the Mississippi, so we are always having campfires and guests, so I need to learn to say no. :devil:

lilybelle
06-29-2006, 01:16 PM
iloveMike, I hope you see your husband soon. Military is notorious for not letting them call. My son is in the Army and when he's away it is so scary not hearing from him very often. Best wishes for you.

slimminginohio
06-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Well I'm just back from a week long vacation and I totally blew it. I was no where near Atkins and I just couldn't bring myself back. My plan was to just treat myself with strawberries but I went way way over that. Since I came back, I haven't been able to get back on. I feel horrible too. Bloated, gassy, the only good thing is that I'm having regular bm's again. I was up 5 lbs and I have been too ashamed to re-weigh since. I just don't know what to do. Now another holiday weekend is coming up and I just don't want to go back on induction during this time. I also don't want to undo the 23 lbs I had lost. I don't understand why I can only lose 1-2 lbs per week but can gain back 5 lbs in only a week? The good news is my measurements haven't changed much but I can't seem to stop eating all the things I had been missing. Any advice on what I should do? I don't think it is possible for me to never eat carbs or sweets again. I feel so out of control when I go back to eating them, I can't seem to stop.

SIO

Glamourgirl25
06-30-2006, 03:42 AM
Hi All;

Glam here. 6th day on Induction and still humming along. Clothes are a little looser, so I guess I'm not immune to weight loss on this program, even though that was a fear of mine because I've yo-yoed on and off of it in the past - and sometimes it seems harder to lose if I do that. But, it's coming off. I'm NOT getting on the scale very often - boy can that trigger major depression and usually a binge if the news isn't "good".

Slimming, I know how you feel. I've done that more than once, and it is very difficult to get back on the program. The thing is, you can do it. I know I haven't been on very long, but I have terrible binge/carb mentality so I know how out of control that feeling is, going back to carbs after being off.

Frankly, I think of carbs like they're my cocaine. I don't know what to tell you in the middle of a binge, but if you get a "moment of clarity" - you know, like, a tiny moment in time where you're like "I feel so crappy doing this and I really WANT to stop and get back on program (Believe me, I know that these times are rare - mine usually last about 5 seconds - but I grab the opportunity) and find a way to reach out and get lots of support. Personally, I'm not religious, but very spiritual so I've been doing a TON of prayer and meditation lately, because it's too overwhelming otherwise. I jst think - for the next HOUR I'm going to stay on program. Then you string together 24 hours. Then I'm so proud, I'm like - one more day!!! But I keep praying and posting and I don't let up.

I'm only on day 6, but I didn't think I could make it through a day either so I hope this is in any way helpful! I know it's scary, but for me, the more I crave carbs and get out of control on them, the more I realize how addicted I am to them and how seriously I have to take it.

Love,
glam

Juxtapose
06-30-2006, 08:31 AM
Good Morning All :)

So far, so good. I haven't cheated once. (yay) Here's something I found funny yesterday. I currently live in a really small town. Yesterday I took my kids to McD's, I was good and just got some bottled water and a Big & Tasty with no bun, no pickles and no catsup. Now, this is well and good. But when I ordered said burger the gal at the register looked at me like I'd lost my mind. LOL After she had sent the order back to the kitchen I heard "what? no bun?" from the gal grilling up the food. She actually had to ask more than once. It was funny. I kept having to let them know that yes, I really didn't want the bun. :)

Keep up the good work all.

- Jux

lady_adnerb
06-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Sandra: WTG on the 3 pounds...and hope you can talk to your DH soon!

IP: I've been wondering how to have a campfire, let the girls have their smores & pudgie pies and STILL behave. It's one reason we've not done it yet. I barely escaped the cookies youngest DD made. I had a couple bites which I was proud about because they looked SOOOO good. Good luck w/staying OP while cooking out!

Lily: :wave:

SIO: The 5 pound gain is mainly water. It goes away when you're back OP. Just remember how you're feeling (bloated, gassy, etc) and maybe that'll help you get back OP?

Glam: WTG on staying OP. And I like your cocaine analogy. I can relate (not that I've done Cocaine..but from what I've heard it can be close to a carb addiction) to how that one goes. I'll have to see if I can try your "trick" for getting through the "gotta have this" type thing. Keep up the great work!

Jux: I've never gone through fast food and tried to order stuff like that. The reaction they gave was interesting. I can see that happening around here (I live in a small town as well). :lol: Keep up the great work and WTG on sticking to the "no bun"!!!

Well, except for a couple small bites of cookie (macadamia nut) yesterday I did good eating wise. Still no water. I don't know why I can't seem to get that into my head. It's NOT an option. Know what I mean? Same as exercise. I can find every excuse in the book for NOT exercising. Right now I'm going to just focus on making it through this weekend cheat free. It'll be interesting! Tomorrow I have my official WI...and after last weekends cheats I'm sure I didn't lose anything. The GOOD part is I FEEL good. So I'm considering this week a success :) ONWARDDDDDD!!!!!!

ilovemike4alwayz
06-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi there ladies, well i must confess that after all the stress yesterday I went OP. Me and my friend lacy sat down and had a long talk yesterday and what not and I have agreed to start over induction on Saturday and she is going to keep on me like a drill sergeant and she will, she is good at that. Cause I am never going to get into the coast guard by doing this to myself. If I can just make it through induction i will be fine.

OK so I did hear from Michael last night and he is in Washington and no longer in Japan and should be home in about 3 days and he is being permanently discharged so he will be here with me for good. I am so thrilled.

Glamourgirl25
06-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Hi All,

Good morning!!! Day 7 here.

Thanks Lady adnerb!! Oops, I didn't mean to make it sound like I did cocaine - I don't!!!!!!!!:) BUT, I imagine that's what it is like, or like any addiction, but I've heard that is especially compulsive. So I think I have to take it that seriously. Way to go on your week!!!!

Ilovemike - I'm so glad you get to see your husband soon! I bet his absence was stressful. Good luck with your induction. I'm pretty new here too, so please feel free to give a shout out!!!

Well, busy day today. Better get to it.

Love,
glam

Idealperson
06-30-2006, 01:13 PM
I have learned a new lesson...I cannot be in a house with strawberry pie! I had a garden full of these great berries and made a beautiful pie with them, only I ate most of it! I did use SF strawberry jello, but there were way too many carbs overall. Lesson learned and move on....

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! Tonight we are going to see MLB (the Brewers) in Chicago, so hopefully I can find some acceptable food, I'd hate to "blow it" on a friday, because then my whole weekend would be shot... then we fly out to New York for a week! There's nothing like fireworks over the Statue of Liberty while floating on the water...life is good!

lilybelle
06-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Hi everyone. I had my doctor's appointment today and all went well. My lab work was better and I don't have to see him again for 6 months. He was so wonderful about my weight loss. He had set my goal at 150 and I am at 147. He said only about 10% of his patients ever lose the weight that he wants them to lose and that I was a "huge success". This made me feel great. Now, my eating wasn't good last night at the wedding shower, but I'm back on program today. I was gone 10 hours today to my appt. with all the driving time, but I am exhausted. BTW, I have new pic's to try and post and am waiting to get a scanner.Also, I got a pair of my size 20 jeans back from my Aunt and will also try to post in the big clothes section. They look I could fit in one leg now, but haven't tried yet. Good luck to everyone.

needtolose4me2
07-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Good Morning

Lillybelle, That is wonderful news! YOu should be so happy and proud!
So your shy 2 lbs, Look at how happy your doctor was with you. That means so much for your health!
COngratulations! I Can't wait to see the pics!
maggie

Glamourgirl25
07-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi All,

Had a little slip last night. Went to bed - hadn't eaten proper dinner, and woke up in the middle of the night craving carbs like mad. Half-asleep, I went into the kitchen and had a couple "natural" ginger snaps and some peanut butter. I live with my sister and she has some snack-y foods in the pantry. It was 30 grams of carbs altogether.

So anyways, I think it's kicked me out of ketosis. Do I have to start induction over again? I feel like I'll NEVER get through Induction!

love,
glam

lilybelle
07-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks needtolose, I feel so good. I am determined now to relax and get the other 2 lbs. off. I plan to be exercising a lot this week and drinking my water. I am always stressed when I have a doctor's appt. His scales always weigh me more than mine, but this time they were the same. I tried on my old size 20 jeans last night and I can stand in one leg of them. My DH just couldn't believe that I was that big before. He said he never saw me as being that big. I was a little shocked myself. I thought about hanging them in front of my treadmill to remind myself every time I walk that this is why I walk. I never want to have to wear those again.

Candy In Alabama
07-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Hello everyone..I'm back..:D . I sure have missed all of you guys..:hug:
Sounds like everyone is doing good..

lilybelle, i'm so proud of you..You are an inspiration..Way to to on all your weight loss...I can't wait to see your pictures.

To everyone who had the slip ups of going off plan.. I have done this so many times...I have been eating Atkins WOE for a few years now...For me always off and on... I just jump back in. This is a way of eating for life for me..I don't worry about how much i lose, i just try to stay op most of the time...I have been lucky the weight keeps comeing off...Slowly, but still coming off..I finally got down to 144 lbs...YEAH...Total so far is almost 50 lbs..I just know this is the way i will eat for the rest of my life...I don't feel strict on my self at all...If i have some foods that adds weight, I just turn it around and it comes right back off...Good luck to all...Think positive and stay op the best you can and it will come off...:hug:
Candy

lilybelle
07-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks everyone, I need to get a scanner to post the pic's. The body shots really do show the weight loss. However, my head is tilted too far back in every dang picture. I think this must have been a habit from before of trying to cover up the good old double chin. LOL. One pic is from the back showing my tiny little 90 yr. old man butt. I won't post it. LOL. I am so glad that DR. visit is over with. I don't have to see him again for 6 months. Yeah! Just wanted to add that my DH was wondering why he has lost from 187 to 172. This is the trickle down effect, he eats what I cook. LOL. He doesn't realize he's been on a "diet" too.