100 lb. Club - what's on today's menu? (week of June 26-July 2)

jillybean720
06-26-2006, 08:18 AM
So much for posting my menu every day last week. But hey, if at first you don't succeed...so here goes again!

Today's plan:

Trader Joe's cereal (with soy and flax seeds) w/skim milk, sliced banana, and sliced strawberries (very yummy!)
oatmeal
salad (romaine lettuce, chicken breast, cabbage, broccoli, ginger, ginger & soy dressing)
yogurt
watermelon
large chicken breast with Italian dressing type marinade, whole-wheat pasta salad w/ff sour cream and ff Italian dressing
fudgesicleShould be around 1700-1750 calories (never know exactly how much to count for marinades and dressings and stuff).

DishyFishy
06-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Today's plan:

Weat bran cereal, skimmed milk.
Cottage cheese, Ryvitas, raw veggies.
Natural yogurt.
Quiche, salad.
Apple.

YP1
06-26-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm trying to cut out snacking, so I'm hoping posting on here will help.

Today so far:

Porridge with mixed berries and yoghurt
Half a chickpea omelette with asparagus and bean side salad
Spinach and ricotta filo parcels with a big rocket, tomato and spinach salad
1 plum, 1 apple, dried apricots
1/2 yellow pepper and houmous
strawberries and cream
a teeny bit of chocolate

Tomorrow's plan:

Porridge with mixed berries and yoghurt
open rye bread sandwiches with houmous and chargrilled mediterranean veg, a bit of spinach, and 1/2 yellow pepper to dip in the excess houmous
Wholemeal pasta with broad beans and feta
Pomegranate, apple (maybe two), possibly a plum
And another snack I've not decided on yet.

trishn222
06-26-2006, 04:40 PM
I really slacked off the end of last week so here goes for this week

3/4 C Captain Crunch ww 2 pt
1/2 C Skim Milk ww 1 pt
1 quart water

2 C Rice ww 6 pt
With skin thigh and leg piece Chicken ww 6 pt
1 quart water

2 C progresso soup ww 4 pt
3 sm breadsticks ww 3 pt
1 quart water

Total ww 22 pt
3 quarts water

jillybean720
06-27-2006, 09:02 AM
My goodness, YP1, so inspiring! Just reading your menus shows how healthy we should all be eating, and not just to lose weight, but for forever!

I stuck perfectly to mymenu yesterday with the one exception that I had 3 bites of my boyfriend's leftover pork lo mein. Other than thatminor indecency, I was right on target!

As for today:

TJ's cereal w/skim milk, sliced banana, and sliced strawberry
oatmeal
homemade soup (black beans, cabbage, salsa, reduced-fat cheese, fat-free cream cheese, organic low-sodium chicken broth, chili powder, crushed red pepper, and ff sour cream)--YUM!
yogurt
salad--romaine lettuce, chicken, cabbage, broccoli, strawberries, sliced almonds, and sweet onion dressing (Jeff won't eat the salad I make, so it will be a good opportunity for him to finish his leftover lo mein so I won't pick at it anymore :devil: )
fudgesicleShould be about 1300-1350 calories total :)

nelie
06-27-2006, 10:10 AM
I need to either buy or make some hummus sometime soon. I have tons of cut up veggies and not much protein like sources to eat them with (other than my laughing cow cheese wedge).

Yesterday was the following:
protein shake (2 strawberries, protein powder, water)
2 protein shakes (protein powder and water)
Banana
apricot
1/2 cup lf cottage cheese, 2 strawberries
1/2 cup rice, 4-5 oz grilled chicken, tomato
1 steak burrito (5-6oz grilled steak, tomatoes, guacamole, tortilla, salsa)
10 tortilla chips, lots of salsa

I was so hungry yesterday, but tom is soon so I that is probably why. I am adding more protein shakes to my diet because they are easy and low calorie. I am also adding fish oil tablets to supplement my healthy fats as I switch to more protein shakes.

DishyFishy
06-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Looks as though everyone is off to a great start for the week. :high:

Welcome to the thread, Helen! Jill's right on the mark about your healthy eating. :yes: I'm going to crib some of your ideas, (hope you don't mind) starting today with a chickpea omelette. :T

Today's plan:

Cottage cheese, Ryvitas, raw veggies.
Chick pea omelette, salad.
Apple.

trishn222
06-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Ali way to loose the weight congrats....

Yeah I feel like I need to eat much more healthy. I have not been doing too bad with the healthy stuff though. I am doing really well on exersise though. Water aerobics with lap swim before this morning all ready (I usually do this at night but schedule worked out better for this morning today) also plan a 5 mile walk with kids today (DS will ride his bike) and I tried the Carmen Electra Aerobic Stripping yesterday was good for toning so I think I will probably do that one tonight again when no one is watching. It would be a little :o otherwise.

1 egg + 1 egg white omelet with mushrooms, onions, green chilies, bacon bits, fresh tomato a little bit of cheese in a tortilla ww 4 pt
2 C coffe, hot cocoa, creamer, sugar free carmel torani ww 2 pt :coffee:
1 quart water

48 pretzel sticks ww 2 pt
roast Beef sandwich 4" ww 8 pt
spinach broccoli salad ww 0 pt
fruit ww 1 pt
1 quart water
1 quart water

2 C progresso soup ww 4 pt

totals ww 21 pt
water 3 quarts

YP1
06-27-2006, 03:46 PM
I've stuck to my plan all day, and I haven't had the extra snack yet which I think will be muesli and yoghurt later this evening. I ended up having 2 apples and no plums because the plums had gone bad.

Tomorrow's plan:

Fruity porridge
Cous cous salad with chickpeas, apricots and prunes
Egg ribbons with cumin rice, with asparagus, green beans and possibly some other veg on the side.
2 or 3 apples
500ml lucozade sport during my run (calories burned off due to the fact the run is 7 miles...)
I'm thinking that there is room for one or two more snacks in there, but I haven't decided what yet. I'll have to look what I have in the kitchen.

midwife
06-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Bear with this Yank, but how does one make a chickpea omelet? Are whole chickpeas the filling? Or do you mush them up and add them to the eggs and then use something else as the filling?

trishn222
06-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Lets start with today. Already did one hour of water aerobics and started with some laps before hand.

1 egg + 1 egg white breakfast burrito ww 4 pt
2 C coffee with hot cocoa creamer and sugar free carmel ww 2 pt
1 quart water

1 1/2 C Pasta ww 6 pt
1/2 C light pasta sauce ww 1 pt
2 oz extra lean ground beef ww 4 pt
1 quart water

2 C Pasta ww 8 pt
1/2 C light sauce ww 1 pt
1 quart water

DishyFishy
06-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Ali way to loose the weight congrats....Thanks! I'm under no illusion though. A goodly chunk of that'll be water. Still, it's just the boost I needed to get going again. :D
midwife: I don't know what Helen does, but I just threw a quarter cup of chick peas in a one egg omelette, with cardamom, coriander, fennel, ginger, and mint. Delicious! I'll use the remainder in a veggie tagine (apricots, aubergine, carrots, onion, pine nuts, sweet potato, and tomatoes, flavoured with chilli, coriander, cumin, honey, and paprika) today.

I ate my menu for yesterday, but swapped out the apple for a generous portion of full-fat, full-sugar ice cream. Oops! Lovely treat though. It seems the half bottle of wine I had wasn't on the plan either. :devil:

Today's plan:

Cottage cheese, salad.
Natural peanut butter on Ryvitas.
Chick pea and vegetable tagine, whole-wheat couscous.
Apple.

YP1
06-28-2006, 03:08 PM
I just throw whole chickpeas in too. I mix some tomatoes and herbs or spices into the egg mixture, pour it in the pan, then sprinkle the chickpeas over the top. It works with all sorts of beans too :)

Today is going to plan, I had my "during the day" snack, I'm just cooking my evening meal and I've got enough space for an evening snack if I need one (not sure if I will though). Tomorrow's food is going to be pretty similar to today's, but I'll post it once I've worked out the details.

jillybean720
06-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Yesterday, I skipped the oatmeal and yogurt but ended up making pizza for dinner instead of salad (whole-wheat Boboli crust, no-salt sauce, fat-free mozzarella, reduced-fat Italian cheese w/sun dried tomato and basil, and turkey pepperoni). I probably ended up with way more calories thanks to the cheese (I LOVE cheese, so of course made the pizza extra cheesy :devil:

Today has been like this so far:
).
TJ's cereal w/skim milk, banana, and strawberries
2 fudgesicles
ham and swiss on 12-grain bread
cup of chili w/a little shredded cheddar cheese on topI got the sandwich and chili at the cafeteria in my office building (forgot my lunch--oops! :o ), so I'm not sure of the exact calorie counts, but I'm sure it's entirely too much :p As for the 2 fudgesicles at 6:00 this morning, can you tell what time of month it is for me? :devil: Dinner will be salad topped with chicken breast to try to minimize today's earlier damage, and I'm sure I'll have another fudgesicle (or 2) this evening--thank goodness they're only 40 calories each! :dizzy:

YP1
06-28-2006, 05:20 PM
I've had my evening snack after all, muesli and fat free yoghurt again.

Tomorrow is almost exactly the same as today:

Fruity porridge
2 apples, 1 pomegranate
Cous cous salad
Egg ribbons with cumin rice and asparagus and green beans
20g Green and Black's Maya Gold
And probably a little muesli when I get in from my Spanish class

DishyFishy
06-29-2006, 08:48 AM
I ended up adding cup 2% plain yogurt and some yummy strawberries last night.

Today's plan:

Optimum Slim cereal, skimmed milk.
Steamed broccoli with cheddar cheese.
Plain yogurt.
Bean burger* on whole-wheat muffin, salad.
Apple.

*Mashed black beans and steamed carrots with finely chopped celery, garlic, onion, peppers, & spices, bound with a little crushed tomato.

jillybean720
06-29-2006, 12:06 PM
I DID stick to my salad for dinner last night :cool: Today is all out of whack--I had McD's for breakfast, I get free lunch because it's a review team day at work for a proposal I've been working on (lunch will likely be sandwiches from HoneyBaked Ham), and dinner tonight is Subway. Can we say super-sodium day? :devil: Off to drink more water..

trishn222
06-29-2006, 04:17 PM
today
coffee, hot cocoa ww 1 pt
1 quart water

1 1/2 C spaghetti noodles ww 6 pt
1 C Sauce ww 2 pt
2 oz extra lean ground beef ww 4 pt
1 quart water

YP1
06-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Hmm, my snacks slipped a bit from what I was planning - a 100 calorie bag of pretzels, some chocolate covered coffee beans and a slice of rye bread with jam, but I also got a bit of extra exercise in so it's not too bad.

Tomorrow will be something along the lines of:

Fruity porridge
Soup (probably bean and veg)
Broad bean, green bean, sundried tomato and feta pasta
Dried apricots and prunes
Some other fruit that I'll need to buy on the way to work as I'm out of fruit at home

Shelley1969
06-30-2006, 10:42 AM
I really do love this forum. I used to post here some.

Today so far for breakfast:
1 6oz of key lime pie yourget 1 pt. I love these and They have 3 grams of fiber.!!!!!!!
coffee
5 french tst sticks baked
4 fresh strawberries

DishyFishy
06-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Welcome back, Shelley1969! :)

I really blew the plan yesterday. :mad: I did great until about 19:00, and then went on a major binge of cheese, Triscuits, arrowroot biscuits, a Kitkat, peanuts, and ice cream. Eep! I don't know where it came from, but my resolve is to forget about it and have a great day today.

Today's plan:

Wheat bran cereal, skimmed milk.
Cottage cheese on Ryvitas.
Fruit shake (banana, blueberries, plain yogurt, skimmed milk, vanilla extract)..
Chicken curry, brown rice, salad.
Apple.

YP1
06-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Today has ended up as:

Fruity porridge
Soup (probably bean and veg)
Broad bean, green bean, sundried tomato and feta pasta
Dried apricots, prunes and cashew nuts
Cherries and strawberries

There may well be something else later, I'll update once I've eaten it!

Tomorrow I'm driving down to London and back so I'm packing myself the most fantastic picnic/snack selection that I can make up into snacks and meals as I go along. I've got myself a cool bag and some ice blocks, and in it will be...

Wholegrain bagels
Houmous
Roast red peppers
Raw peppers
Rocket
A cous cous and veg salad
Olives and feta
Pomegranate
Cherries
Strawberries
Yoghurt
Muesli
Apples

I think that's it. The plan is to make houmous, pepper and rocket bagels for one meal, have the salad for the other, snack on the olives and feta (or mix with the leftover rocket to make another salad) and the fruit, and have some berries, cherries yoghurt and muesli as a second more substantial snack. Except I might mix the ingredients round depending how I feel, or not eat some of the stuff and just bring it back. The aim is to avoid motorway service station food (disgusting), overpriced London food, and fatty rugby ground food) by taking more than enough food to mean I don't need to snack...

YP1
07-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Yesterday turned out pretty good:

Fruity porridge
2 bagels with houmous, rocket, cherry tomatoes and roast peppers
Cherries, strawberries, pomegranate
Cous cous salad
Olives and feta
Muesli and yoghurt

I didn't eat loads of the stuff I took, but that was intentional because I didn't want to run out and end up resorting to coffee and a muffin on the way home or chips at the ground. There was also a 7 mile run in there to justify the second bagel ;)

Today so far I've had a ryvita bar (60 cals), 500ml of Lucozade Sport and some fruity porridge, I've also run 15.5 miles :faint:

The plan for the rest of the day is:

Spinach and ricotta parcels with a big green salad
Lentil and veg dahl with brown rice
Fruit (cherries and apples probably)
Red wine

Sundays tend to be the day when I'm relaxed about eating/drinking because I burn so much off I can afford a bit of leeway! (Hence the wine, in unspecified quantities ;) )

jillybean720
07-02-2006, 01:32 PM
So, I was poking around in my kitchen last night, as I often do when bored on the weekends (to cook things for the week, not to eat, mind you ;) ), and I made what I think is a fabulous low-cal snack! Then I got up this morning and re-did the math and realized I forgot to add some of the calories, and each serving is about 50 calories higher than I had originally estimated :dizzy: It's still yummy and good for a small meal, though. What I did was I made 6 little containers of pumpkin pie filling without the crust (I don't like the crust anyway, and it's so much butter I know I can live without!). It has:

1 large can pumpkin - 7 servings x 40 calories = 280 calories in the can
cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger
4 eggs - 4 x 70 calories = 280 calories for the eggs
2 cans evaporated skim milk - 12 servings per can x 25 calories per serving = 300 calories x 2 cans = 600 calories
just over 1 cup Splenda and maybe 1 Tablespoon honey (the recipe asked for 1.5 cups sugar, but I was't about to add all those calories in there!) = 100 calories (estimated, as I may have had a bit more than 1T honey, and large amounts of Splenda may add "minimal" calories)

about 1/2 cup self-rising flour (not in the recipe, but I added since there was no crust to maybe help it be a bit less liquidy) = 200 caloriesI added all ingredients together and divided by 6 (since I made 6 servings), and it comes out to about 250 calories per serving (I think it was like 243). I divided the recipe evenly into 6 of those tiny little foil loaf pans (they were buy one get one free at the grocery store this week) and baked as directed (about 10 minutes less than the regular recipe, which was for 2 whole pies). I just had one, and YUM! For less than 300 calories, it's a really big serving and "heavy," so it's quite filling. I added blob of fat-free Cool Whip, and felt like I was being naughty by eating it all! I think I may leave out the flour next time, as I don't think it made a major difference, and it would be 200 calories off the recipe. I was interested in pumpkin because I heard there's something in it that is supposed to promote skin elasticity--couldn't hurt, right?

DishyFishy
07-02-2006, 02:46 PM
It's great that you've adapted a recipe for something you like to make it fit into your plan, Jill. Sounds as though it turned out well. :)

I'm not sure what was up with me yesterday. I was hungry all day long, and ate accordingly. I haven't worked out the kcals, but I'm guessing the total is somewhere around the 2500 mark. I did get a good walk in, and a couple of shortish bike rides though.

Sat 1 July:

500 ml coffee, 2 tblsp. half & half.
Breakfast shake (banana, blueberries, skimmed milk, tofu, vanilla extract).
Water-packed tuna, 3 small slices whole-wheat bread, large salad of baby carrots, cucumber, radishes, romaine, & spinach dressed with a tsp. EV olive oil & balsamic vinegar.
3 small slices whole-wheat bread, 2 tblsp. natural peanut butter.
Tofu coconut curry (scrummy, if not exactly low in kcals ;) ), w-w couscous, salad.
Optimum Slim cereal, skimmed milk.

I'm out for much of the day today, so the plan is:

Fruit shake (banana, skimmed milk, strawberries, tofu, vanilla extract).
Cottage cheese on Ryvitas, raw veggies.
Zone Perfect bar or a handful of almonds/walnuts. Depends upon what I have available.
Wheat bran, plain yogurt.
Smoked tuna, w-w pasta.
Apple.

Lolow
07-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Helen, I'm so curious. Your food plan sounds so good, but what are egg ribbons?

YP1
07-02-2006, 05:29 PM
A really thin omelette cut into strips. I just take the names from the recipe book...

Today I've been pretty much on track, the two main meals were as planned, snacks were cherries, olives stuffed with garlic, a strawberry/fat free yoghurt/muesli combination and a slice of wholemeal toast with jam. And less wine than I'd allowed myself.

trishn222
07-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Helen this is what I would like to ask you. What is Rocket? Blame it on a Yank that has no idea of some of the English names for things.

Trish