Weight Loss Support - New Challenge Who's With Me

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : New Challenge Who's With Me

JAYAGODDESS
06-26-2006, 03:19 AM
HEY EVERYONE...I AM SO READY ....I AM HOPING OTHERS WILL JOIN IN WITH ME. IT GOES FOR 12 WEEKS.....SEE HOW MUCH YOU LOSE IN 12 WEEKS CUTTING OUT YOUR SUGARS AND YES THAT WOULD MEAN I WOULD HAVE TO CUT OUT MY SODA INTAKE..LOL.., AND LOW CARB AND EXCERSISE.......AND THE MORE PEOPLE WE GET THE BETTER WE CAN HELP KEEP EACH OTHER ON TRACK SO WHO'S WITH ME. I AM SO TIRED OF SHOPPING IN THE CLEARANCE RACK SO NO ONE SEES WHAT SIZE I GRAB. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET HEALTHY AND WEAR CUTE CLOTHES...SO WHOS WITH ME....HERE IS ME WHERE I AM AT NOW...THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN JUST THIS LAST WEEKEND...AND I ALMOST FELL ON THE FLOOR....THATS WHAT I LOOK LIKE.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/JAYAGODDESS/216POUNDS.jpg MAKES ME JUST WANT TO HIDE IN THE BAGGIEST CLOTHES...WHICH I DO NOT HAVE MUCH OF.....I DONT LIKE MY LIMITATIONS.....I AM READY TO TAKE THE STEP...WHO'S WITH ME......:gossip:

Jen
06-26-2006, 05:19 AM
I think you look pretty good in that pic. Don't be so hard on yourself!

Sunnigummi
06-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Yup I'm with Jen.

I'm with you!!! Starting today right? Cool. Let's start the support! :)

teahoney
06-26-2006, 08:56 AM
Since I am about to start South Beach, I'd love to join this challenge with you. I was going to stay from all challenges but this one actually suits me. Since there is no goal number in mind in that time (which always discourages) but just a general "how much can you lose", this will work.

Only thing is, I won't be able to start until next Sunday since I won't be able to food shop until Saturday afternoon or evening. I'm kind of stuck with what I have in the house until then.

I'll keep checking up on this thread.

Chatterbox1982
06-26-2006, 09:04 AM
ill join in on this one. good luck

JAYAGODDESS
06-26-2006, 09:19 AM
:) THANK YOU JEN YOU ARE SWEET...... :) !!!!!

SUNNIGUMMI YEP YEP STARTING TODAY.....!!! AWESOME THAT YOU ARE JOINING ..I AM TOTALLY EXCITED AND I NEED THE CHALLENGE AND IT SO MUCH BETTER WHEN THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. :)

TEAHONEY THE MORE THE MARRIER..AND IT IS JUST AWESOME THAT YOU ARE JOINING.... HEY EVEN THOUGH IT IS ONLY A WEEK THAT YOU CAN START WE WILL BE HERE FOR YOU. I FIGURE THAT INSTEAD OF PUTTING A NUMBER ON THE HOW MUCH ONE WANTS TO LOSE...I THINK IT IS BETTER THAT WE EAT RIGHT AND EXCERSISE..THEN THE RESULTS WILL FOLLOW...I SO NO EXPERT BUT I WOKE UP ON SUNDAY MORNING AND SAID OK I AM READY.....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... :) OH YOU KNOW WHAT I AM LIMITED TOO ON WHAT WE HAVE HERE AT HOME...BUT YOU WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING FUNNY.....I USE CANS OF SOUP FOR MY DUMBELLS...HEHEHE...HEY IT WORKS....AND IF YOU WANT TO ADD MORE WEIGHT THEN YOU TAPE THEM TOGETHER...BUT RIGHT NOW I AM STICKING WITH THE ONE CAN...:)

HEY CHATTERBOX AWESOME FOR YOU TO JOIN......I THINK THIS WILL BE SO MUCH FUN....I HAVE A MOTIVATOR THAT IS IN MY ROOM...I HUNG A PICTURE OF ME BACK IN MY SKINNIER DAYS...RIGHT AT EYE LEVEL BY MY BEDROOM DOOR...THE REASON BY MY BEDROOM DOOR IS BECAUSE I FIGURE THAT IF ONE WAS TO PUT IT ON THE FRIDGE WE ARE SETTING OUR SELVES UP...AND WE WILL GET DISCOURAGED.....AND THEN MAKE US WANT TO EAT BECAUSE WE ARE NOT AT THE WEIGHT WE WANT TO BE RIGHT NOW....SO A MORNING REMINDER BEFORE YOUR DAY MIGHT HELP....ITS AN IDEA AND I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE IT WITH YOU ALL....IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY IDEAS....OR RECIPES......THINGS YOU WANT TO SHARE THAT COULD HELP US WITH OUR HEALTHY CHALLENGE...I SAY AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.....I AM READY........WOOHOO....:carrot: JUST REMEMBER NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE LOSE WE ARE EATING OUR WAY TO BEING HEALTHY...THINK HEALTHY THOUGHTS.....AND AS I AM SAYING THIS I AM GOING TO HAVE TO RE-READ WHAT I TYPED SO THAT I CAN TELL THAT TO MYSELF AS WELL...HEHEHE....GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL THIS IS GOING TO BE A FUN CHALLENGE.....

la3y_un1c0rn_37
06-26-2006, 12:20 PM
I will join in on this! I want to be at my goal weight by then...175lbs

For me drink more water!
Do more workouts!

And lose my last 23lbs.....

Lets hope I make it!!

JAYAGODDESS
06-26-2006, 02:02 PM
I HEAR YA ABOUT THE WATER THING....THAT IS SO HARD....SO RIGHT NOW I AM STILL WORKING ON MY 16OZ OF WATER. I HAVE NOT HAD ANY SODA TODAY SO FAR....WOOHOO....AWESOME FOR YOU TO JOIN

YOU MIGHT WANT TO ADD LEMON TO YOUR WATER TO GIVE IT SOME FLAVOR..THAT IS WHAT I AM HAVING TO DO..... :)

Angel33
06-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'd love to join you. As I am coming off a very rough week I am definitly up for a new challenge. I was very close to giving up last week but somehow I have found a little bit of will power to keep going. I could definitly use some support along the way.
I have decided to refocus and to keep plugging along.

My goal for 9-29-06 would be to lose 21 more pounds. That equate to 1.5lbs a week. I'm am still continuing to tweak my plan to help make it work.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Good Luck to you all.

JAYAGODDESS
06-26-2006, 02:45 PM
I TOO WAS ALMOST READY TO GIVE UP...BUT YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS BETTER TO HAVE OTHERS THAT ARE GOING THOUGH THE SAME THING TO HELP US LIFT ONE ANOTHER UP. HERE AN IDEA I STARTED A JOURNAL...NOT YOU TYPICAL JOURNAL...BUT THIS IS WHAT I DID..AND I AM HAVING MY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER DO HER JOURNAL....

BASICALLY WHAT DO YOU WANT OUT OF LIFE...WHAT DO YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH.....DOWN LOAD OR CUT OUT PHOTOS IN A MAGAZINE..I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT SKINNY GALS....BUT LIFE IN GENERAL....THE FIRST THING I CUT OUT WAS MONEY....:D :carrot: EVEN LIKE THINGS IN YOUR HOUSE....OR WHAT EVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT...BUT THEY ARE GOALS THAT WILL KEEP US GOING....AS SOON PUT MY IN THE BOOK I WILL TAKE A SNAP SHOT OF WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR.... :) I THINK THIS WILL BE FUN THING FOR EVERYONE..... :)

azul
06-26-2006, 04:04 PM
I am with you. In my signy I have my goal already listed.

JAYAGODDESS
06-26-2006, 05:31 PM
:hug: COOLIO ....WOW....YOU KNOW LAST NIGHT WHEN I POSTED THIS ...I WAS HOPING TO GET A BIG RESPONSE BECAUSE THIS SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD BE FUN!!! :) ITS DEFFINATLY A CHALLENGE...BUT IT IS ALL AT OUR OWN PACE...THIS WAY WE SUCCEED....EATING BETTER FEELING NOT SO SLUGGISH...GOSH THAT IS SO ME THESE DAYS...SO TONIGHT I AM GOING FOR A WALK WITH MY DAUGHTER...

OH HEY DO ANY OF YOU MEASURE YOURSELVES? IF YOU MEASURE YOURSELF MAKE A LITTLE FILE FOR YOURSELF.....NO NEED TO POST IT....BUT THEN AT THE END OF THE 12 WEEKS RE-MEASURE YOURSELF I BET THERE WOULD BE A BIG BIG DIFFERENCE. AS I TYPE THE THINGS I COME UP WITH OR THAT COME TO MIND...IT HELPS ME TYPE IT OUT SO THAT I CAN READ IT TOO...I AM IN THE SAME BOAT AS EVERYONE HERE......SO IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS IDEAS....JUST SPILL THEM OUT .......MORE THE MARRIER.....

HOW IS EVERYONE DOING TODAY??

:dust:

JAYAGODDESS
06-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Hey you guys.....I just wanted to say ....I hope you all didnt think that I was yelling on here because of my caps....I totally forgot that, that is what it means..and this nice person reminded me of it when she read my posts...I will make sure they are not in caps.....hehehehe... :)
:comp:

teahoney
06-26-2006, 05:54 PM
No problem Jaya. I knew you didn't mean anything by the caps. You are just so excited to enter this new phase of life. lol

First let me say, you don't hardly look old enough to have a thirteen year old child.

Secondly, I am glad you mentioned the tape measure. I just found mine again so I have to remember to myself before I start the challenge. Thanks for the reminder.

Sunnigummi
06-26-2006, 06:01 PM
I haven't set a goal for myself. I think my main goal should be to control my eating like a horse on weekends when I go home because my mom makes the BESTEST food ever and while she does nothing like shoving it down my throat, I can't help myself. Very bad. Anyway, I'm going to try and stay away from Chinese food (bad eggroll, bad!) and eat responsibly when I go out to eat with friends. I've given up drinking which is not a big problem since I didn't drink much to begin with anyway.

Alright. Those are my goals. My measurements are:
Neck - 14
Arm - 11.5 (measured halfway around upper arm)
Waist - 35.5
Hips - 43
Thigh - 23.5 (measured halfway around upper thigh)
Anything else to measure???

JAYAGODDESS
06-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Thank you teahoney....... :) Yea I was really excited .....because how a lot of people are so interested in it....made my day....

Hehehe you crack me up about me hardly looking old enough for a 13 year old...I also have a son who is going to be 15 years old in August...boy they grow fast LOL ....When we go to the mall or any type of shopping they always think we are brother and sisters ...... I was so flattered when I heard that the first time...WOW I still look young...both my kids are taller than me..

Teahoney -Your personality shines through your face...you have a kind soul....it shows in your face when you smile...!!

Sunnigummi - you had me laughing ......when you said that your main goal is to control your eating like a horse....that is one thing that I am trying to steer away from is the comfort of food...we get into a habbit of eating food for our comfort......and I think it happens more in women then it does men.....because the darn men have the high metabilism....well I guess on most men..... its ok to splurge once in awhile because I think if we dont we end up endulging it the first chance we get.. I bet it is so hard when your mom makes good foooood...just take smaller portions .....haha...ya like that is easy I know ....when I go to visit my mom in Fresno....well we are italian...and this is how it goes for the most. FAMILY/ FOOD/ GARLIC MANGA MANGA ................. LOL hahaha...good thing they have a swimming pool to burn some of it off... :)

So hey does anyone have any idea? How do you like my idea about the journal...? I am surfing the net right now to see what else I can put in my journal of goals... :) I hope everyone is doing great today !!!

Tonight I am making Artichokes for dinner...yum yum....

la3y_un1c0rn_37
06-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Good morring ladies!!!

I had a bad day last night on eating and I am ready to start clean today!

Goal for today
I will try to get in 40 min of workout!
I will eat good day!

I will let you know how this goes!

Angel33
06-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

So yesterday was my new start and I think I'm on my way again. Today was my weigh in day and I'm down one pound from last week. I'll take whatever I can get, considering I havent lost anything in over 3 weeks.
Hope everyone is having a fantastic day.
Talk to you all later.

Altari
06-27-2006, 09:40 AM
I'd love to join you all. :) I'll be off the 'low sugar' for about a week, though. I just had my wisdom teeth out and it's hard finding liquid/non-solid things that don't have artificial sweetners. It's jello, and pudding, and pasta for me.

teahoney
06-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Ouch. I remember having my wisdom tooth pull. I was ice cream, pudding and egg salad the whole time.

Sunnigummi
06-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Man it's only the second day of this challenge! So yesterday I ate healthy but I had a random stomach cramp for most of the night so I barely slept, ergo I did not go for my daily run this morning. I intend to do what I did last night (skipped running yesterday too - yeah, I suck). 200 jumping jacks, 40 squats, 50 thigh lifts (each leg) and 50 arm twirlies.

Eating - I'm fine for breffix, lunch and maybe I'll overdo a little for dinnuh. :)

la3y_un1c0rn_37
06-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Calling for all cybers kickers!!!

I only have 23 more to go before I make it to my goal weight. I need to get back into the workout and eating right. I have not been doing to good and I know there is no one to blame but me...So give me your best shot!

sastubbs
06-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Hi everyone!

I'd love to join the challenge. I've just started exercising and eating better again and I'm working on getting to my goal by my 40th birthday, Nov. 27th. I'm currently 184 and 5'4".

I'm working on portion control, upping my veggies and grains, and keeping away from my big demon, SUGAR! I'm an emotional eating, so I struggle with that.

I'm also working on other issues, stuff I thought I'd have in order by the time I was 40 - finances, buying a home, being organized....

Anyway, I'd love to join you ladies!

Stacy

JAYAGODDESS
06-27-2006, 10:06 PM
la3y un1cOrn 37 - Good evening ....I had a bad day yesturday tooo.....but we just have to get back up ....so here is something funny...as I am driving home I dreading the excerise thing...right...well I am waiting to make this right turn and I see at least no kidding 30 people all in a group going to for a long walk with their sports wear and the water bottles to boot....I was like ok ok ....I will excersise...hahaha..sometimes it will just stare you in the face LOL..we are here for ya..... keep a smile

Hey Angel33- GREAT JOB...... you will keep us on our toes hehehe.... :)

ALTARI - AWESOME and Welcome ....this group is getting bigger and bigger by the minute.....it is GREAT!!!!! And just take it easy being that you just got your wisdom tooth out.....I know that HURTS........I hope you feel better soon.... :)

Hi Teahoney....!!!

Sunnigummi - I hear ya ..I know that it is so tough when you are starting something new .....it is so rough look at it as a week at a time....dont look at it like oh my goodness it is 12 weeeeekkss.....ahahah I keep trying to tell myself that too.....we can do it.... !!!!

Ok back to you la3y un1cOrn 37 - for starters THAT IS SO AWESOME that you only have 23 pounds more to go..and I know it is probably the harder to lose....like you needed to hear that right...hahaha..lol..anyhow I need to lose...um......ya...ALOT.....so I will do all I can to help you get motivated also eveyone on here is here with you...what are your favorite workouts or what do you like to use for excersise.....

sastubbs - AWESOME and WELCOME - I was reading what you typed and I am kind of like in the same boat as you ...except I weigh more...hehe....but I am trying to simular to what you have going ...keep up the good work and we will all keep this support going.....

Everyone is welcome to Join In...The More Support :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

JAYAGODDESS
06-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Ok Ladies to to boogie and get moving to excersise..I took this photo at a car show with my 14 year old son....I figure here is a way to get us started.....get your boogie boards out, and your walking shoes ...because here we go!!!!!!!! It doesn't matter what you look like you can have curlers in your hair......you could have green hair.... hehehe... :carrot:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/JAYAGODDESS/everyoneupmoveyourbody.jpg

la3y_un1c0rn_37
06-28-2006, 12:46 PM
I have my two bad days in a row and I am not letting it go on any more!

I have dusted off my note book and I have started logging in all I do. Same plan new start...

I love the pic!!!! I think I will print it up and Put it on my note book....It can be the workout and willpower charm!!!! lol

Keep moveing ladies!!!!!

JAYAGODDESS
06-28-2006, 12:58 PM
[B]Hey ladies how are we doing??? !! I hope your day is going well.....I went and got a soda today took 2 sips [/B:nono: ] so I put the cap back on and went and got water instead ...that was tough...let me tell you.....OK so how are we all doing today?? I will check back later with you all ..!!!

Cheers~
:carrot:

707Goddess
06-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Count me in and jaya you look great and ditto angel i've had many ruff past weeks i need a good kick in the butt lol count me in

Angel33
06-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Look we have an official mascot.:rofl: Great picture Jaya.

Jaya-WTG on putting the soda away and exchanging it for water. It isn't easy. I haven't had a soda in 19 weeks. At this point I don't even miss it anymore.

707goddess-Here you go.:kickbutt: We can do this!!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37-Good for you. I'm feeling the same way. Same plan, new start.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

707Goddess
06-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Thanks angel Needed that......lol

gloryious
06-28-2006, 02:00 PM
hey i'm new here and i love this site for the support people give each other. i would love to join you in the challenge because it's more fun to lose weight with other people and to become more motivated than doing it alone. good luck :)

la3y_un1c0rn_37
06-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Its time to get to work!!!!!!!

I am playing a game on another thread and I plan on getting lots of points today......14 by the end of my day....Whooohoooo!!!!!!!

teahoney
06-28-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm supposed to be cleaning right now and instead I am on here. I will get back to that in a minute. I hopped on the scale this morning and saw a loss but won't post it until official weigh-in on Sunday because that number can change between now and then. It's just so encouraging because I have only made small changes and I am seeing a move down on the scale. Imagine what will happen when I give it my all.

Today's cleaning will be my exercise but I may pop in at least the 20 minute Turbo Jam DVD. Have to see how that goes.

I'll start South Beach on Monday. My mom just called and invited us over for a bbq on Sunday and I don't know if how strong I'll be on my first day out so I'll hold off till Monday.

Love seeing other people joining in.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
06-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Yes Welcome!!!

I hear you on the BBQ My hubby just told me today that the pig is ready for the 4th.....I know that this weekend will be hard.

JAYAGODDESS
06-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Hahaha thanks la3y - that is cool using it as pic as a willpower charm....cool...LOL Do you write things in your notebook. I write in my note book and I also put how I am feeling that day. I also ad Magazine clippings of things I like...to kind of make it more fun... :)

707goddess - AWESOME and welcome. Thank you for the compliment....I put that up there because I dont like my weight and it is a reminder to me...hehe..oh and I think I carry all my weight everywhere mostly in the butt,hips,chest....aarrgg...hahahaha

Angel33 - Bwhahahaha...I was drinking my water when I read that about the mascot and it almost came out my nose... LOL....hahahahaha..... So, hey how did you do it with not having soda for 19 weeks....that is amazing..what is your secret...I am addicted to soda maybe you could give me some ideas on the kicking the habbit ?? :):):):)

gloryious - AWESOME and welcome......it is a lot of fun...and the more the marrier I say....I know I need all the motivation I can get...that is why I started this post...because we all need support.... :)

Hi Teahoney - Cleaning house ....let see where is that on my list..oh ya its on the bottom of my list hahaha..lol...that is the hardest thing to stay on top of for me and I am the biggest procrastinator in that department. Keep up the good work. I know that each and every step you make there will make a difference. :) When you do give your all we will make sure you do not fall. Oh how is the Turbo Jam thing? I hear it is really good. I never did get it ..but I am very tempted. We know that you will do GREAT!!!

Woohoo this is great you guys......!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

teahoney
06-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Jaya - I LOVE Turbo Jam because it doesn't feel like exercise at all. I just feel like I am moving and grooving.

JAYAGODDESS
06-29-2006, 01:16 AM
I am going to have to get me that DVD....I have seen the commercials....gonna save up for it....well I thought I would share with you one of my paintings that I painted called Freedom this is too all of us gals on a mission to our success on eating heathier and losing weight... :) It is one favorite paitnings.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/JAYAGODDESS/FREEDOM.jpg

allymaehey
06-29-2006, 06:17 AM
Hello I'm a new user and I would love to do the challenge with you. Am i too late to begin?

teahoney
06-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Of course not. Welcome allymae!!

Sunnigummi
06-29-2006, 08:55 AM
Wow Jaya, a real artist we have here! :) I loved that painting too. I've been MIA for a while and I'm sorry. I was lazy on Tuesday (or the last time I logged on here) and yesterday I had cramps so I was feeling pretty down. I exercised today - went for a brisk two mile walk (jogged some too!). It was SOO humid, my pants stuck to my legs - HATE that! But tonight I'm going to do my 200 jumping jacks, 40 squats, some lunges, pilates ab workout and my lower body workout. These hips have GOT to go!!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
06-29-2006, 09:10 AM
Yet another Great pic!!! Good job!!!!

Yes I put so many notes in it I have a hard time finding things I need...Like this morrin. I added up my points and I almost did not have the space. lol

My goal for the day is to get more points.....I got 10.5 yesterday!!!! I will work for 12 today....

fitgal2
06-29-2006, 09:18 AM
HI there!

Can I join? Can I? can I?

JAYAGODDESS
06-29-2006, 09:56 PM
I just want to say that everyone here is so great and supportive !!!! Thank you ...

Hi Allymaehey Awesome for you to join it is never to late ...we will always be here :) Welcome....there are a lot of great people here !!! I think you enjoy your stay ...

Sunnigummi - thank you I love painting ....I love photography too.....I have never taken any classes just really enjoy both of my hobbies.... Oh tell me about this hummidity....aarrgg...it makes it so hard to want to excersise...I had a soda today.......but I am trying to flush the rest with water and I am going to go for a walk..:) Jumping jacks...well I remember there was a forum on that once...and I only could do like 30 hehehehe...I think I am going to try the jumping jacks thing again ..and see if I can work it up to 200 :) Oh my hips have got to go too...LOL

la3y - Thank you .... So how does the count thing work anyway? I never have done that before....what is the highest count you are suppose to be at...?? I think that you are doing a wonderful job!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Hi Fitgal2 - Awesome for you to join us .... you bet you can .....I think you will like the people and the support here ...it is great!!

Hi Teahoney...did you get your house cleaning done the other day...I still have to do mine ...hehe..lol.....but I am going to do it today .... :)

Cheers All ~:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

JAYAGODDESS
06-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Hey you all this is how I feel today...hahahaha...this is photo I took is my nephews cat...and I call him Lazy Jack...hahaha... I could not resist but this how we feel sometimes.....and today is one of those days...hehehehe..I hope it brought smiles to your face ... I will check with you all later.....
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/JAYAGODDESS/lazycat.jpg
Cheers~

Stevi-rocks
06-29-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm late but I'm in! From now until Sept. 29th right? This challenge is perfect for me since I'm already doing the requirements! I'll change my tracker just for this!

spunky1
06-30-2006, 12:17 AM
This is my first post on the forum. I joined because I saw this challenge. It may be just what I need to get back on track with my weight loss. I'm still trying to figure out the posting here, too. Where do I get the weight loss line? :dust:

JAYAGODDESS
06-30-2006, 12:25 AM
Stevi - Awesome for you to join in and you are never too late.......I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Spunky - Awesome the more the marrier...... I hope you enjoy it here....! Ok so go to this site if you want to choose your weight loss line..you can pick which ever fits you best.... http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

You gals will find that there are some really great people here.....

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

spunky1
06-30-2006, 12:40 AM
Thanks, Jay. I'm going to see if it works in this post. I see you are in California, too. I'm looking forward to being here to get that extra support. I haven't done so well in the past week and need to get motivated again.

JAYAGODDESS
06-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Hey spunky your ticker works..... :) Ya good ol hot muggy California .....I too have not done well in the past I figure the more support you have the better you will get reved up and wanting to go for your goal...it is so hard to do it on your own....believe me I know ....so I decided hey you know what I see people here posting and supporting others...I think I am going to strike up a challenge...and I am so glad I did because everyone here has been great .... you will find that they will help you and give you the confidence and we will be your back bone .... if you slip..its ok....get back up and we will not let you fall.....

Cheers~

Stevi-rocks
06-30-2006, 01:08 AM
Where are you gals in Cali? I'm in the OC...Huntington Beach

allymaehey
06-30-2006, 01:16 AM
Hey tea can i start after the 4th? lol

spunky1
06-30-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm in the North Bay Area. In Petaluma.
Ally, I know why you want to start after the 4th...it's the holidays, and "special events" that are the hardest to get through. My problem is self control. If the food is in front of me, I'll eat it! And I keep taking more. It's just like going into a store: if I don't step in, I won't spend the money; but the temptation to go in always is present. I really don't feel hungry very often. So I don't need to eat nearly as much as I do. But I have trouble walking away.

allymaehey
06-30-2006, 03:29 AM
Going to start walking on my treadmill on the 5th of this month. Going to start eating half of what I do now. Going to quit drinking pop. Going to pray everyday for the strength to do this.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/8;10704;60/c/0/t/0/u/1+hour/m/30+mins+in+the+morning+30+mins/k/2f6c/exercise.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

allymaehey
06-30-2006, 03:36 AM
My biggest problem is not exercising. I remember long ago when I didn't drive and I had to walk every where. I'd walk to dq and eat fries and shakes till i couldn't breathe and walk back home. I was fine because I was active. Not to say that eating until you can't breathe is ok, but knowing that I don't have to change my diet radically. I just need to get on that treadmill :)

JAYAGODDESS
06-30-2006, 05:21 AM
:sunny:
Hey Stevi I am from San Jose Cali......

Alleymaehey- you can start when ever you are ready..... :) I know that the holidays can be hard....

Spunky- Me too...if there is like a buffet of food...I am first in line ....LOL...hehehe....I have trouble walking away too....I was such a soda drinker I was like drinking gosh I dont know how many a day....I have now forced myself to drink water...I add a little bit of lemon so that the water is no so boring ..hehe... We can get through this.....I will pray with you.........you have the stregnth you just have to grasp it....!!!! :)
:yoga:

ladynredd
06-30-2006, 05:51 AM
I'd like to join in if I could! I was doing well on WW last year then went to visit my kids in California in January, fell off the wagon and never got back on! I only regained 10 pounds (amazing, considering how I was eating!) but it's taken me a looong time to get motivated again! A BIG reason for my getting going again was reading "Marilu Henner's Total Health Makeover", and tweaking a few things I was doing. I've switched from Flex plan to Core but if I have to choose between something WW says is ok and Marilu says should be avoided, I avoid it. I'm feeling lighter and I AM EXERCISING! :carrot: Wednesday I did my Windsor Pilates Circle workout for the first time, and yesterday I did a Marsala Bhangra workout for the first time -- boy was I sweating! I was really watching the clock the last 15 minutes but I earned 5 big exercise points! Don't think I've ever done that before.

I'm not going to focus on a specific amount to lose because I have so darned MUCH to lose and I need to focus on getting off that seesaw and being healthy. I think posting here every day will help keep me accountable.

My new food discovery of the week: Trader Joe's Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Hummus. Yum, yum! :dance: I don't normally like garbonzo beans but prepared this way they are delish!

Angel33
06-30-2006, 08:07 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Yeah it's Friday!!:carrot:

Wow there's so many new people here. Glad everyone has joined us.

Jaya-Thanks for all the pictures. You know that we're going to start expecting them now for our dose of daily smiles.
The painting you did is great. It reminds me of being somewhere tropical. Now if I only had a body like that I'd be all set.

ladynredd-I now how you feel about watching the numbers. It is so overwhelming sometimes. Just take it 10lbs at a time

allymaehey-You can start whenever you want. We'll be here for you.

Stevi-Glad you joined us over here. You are always so motivating. You're just what we need. I love reading your posts.

spunky1-Welcome

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day.

Talk to you all later.

teahoney
06-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Hey guys (or I should say ladies)! I am down 6 pounds this week. I am so happy. And to think I said I wasn't going to start the challenge until Monday. I didn't think I would lose anything. I haven't made any major changes, just cut out snacks and soda (and frankly, I had soda twice this week) and upping my water. So, I really can't wait until I start South Beach. WOOHOO!!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
06-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Hey guys (or I should say ladies)! I am down 6 pounds this week. I am so happy. And to think I said I wasn't going to start the challenge until Monday. I didn't think I would lose anything. I haven't made any major changes, just cut out snacks and soda (and frankly, I had soda twice this week) and upping my water. So, I really can't wait until I start South Beach. WOOHOO!!!
OMG 6lbs HOLLY COW!!!!!!! That is great!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!

You keep up the supper work!!!!!!!!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:I am doing the happy dance for you. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Angel33
06-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Wow Tracey, 6lbs that's awesome!!

Sunnigummi
06-30-2006, 10:20 AM
YAY for the 6 lbs loss, tea! Good job! Aren't those losses exactly what you need to jumpstart your program? It is for me...

Yeah, Jaya, we're going to start expecting pictures and paintings soon! I *loved* the cat one. How embarrassing, I look like that weeknights and I'm human! :)

So I added this challenge to my siggie so hopefully that will motivate me to stay off of unnecessary sugars (I love me some bananas so I'm not about to nix them!) and empty calories.

Good luck to all and welcome to everyone who just joined! :D

Stevi-rocks
06-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Hey there Angel! The fat girl challenge is stalling IMHO....this looks very active!:carrot: I'm glad you enjoy ( More like understand;)) my silliness.
Tracey~ OMG you so rock! 6 lbs!! Thats mui BUENO!:hug:
Lady uinicorn~ Wanna laugh...I read your post and was lookin' for a Holly for 5 min...seriously. I'm such a dork!:o
Ladyinred~ WELCOME! Great job on the exercise and YOU CAN DO IT!:)
Goddess~ Everybody is up North....Nobody in SO. Cal.:?:

I'm laying off weighing for a few more days....I'm just not "feelin'" the loss right now. Excercise is fabulous...I am very much enjoying myself. Water is good too, and food is great......now.:o I had a minor mishap on Wed. at Outback Steakhouse...Some sinful sundae my DS#1 had. Geez.....Its in the past!

JAYAGODDESS
06-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Hey you all !!! Today I want to share with you that I feel GREAT I woke up in a good mood, and I grabbed my water bottle ……
Oh and Tracey you would be proud of me …I did my house cleaning. Woohoo…. So being that I got that done …..I am treating myself and my son to a movie…don’t know what it is we are going to go and see..but at least it wont be sitting around the house doing nothing…hehehe…. J

Ladynred – Awesome for you to join us…I think that is great ….sounds like you are doing a great job…and keep up the good work…!!!! I too agree posting here helps me. …and it feels good to cheer others on….there are a lot of great people here and hope you enjoy your stay….. J

Angel33 – You are so welcome for the pictures….I love to share…so you will see more of my photos and paitings…. J

TRACEY- THAT IS GREAT!!!!!! Wooohooo…..down 6 pounds……I bet you feel great…..right on…keep up the great job….!!!! J

Stevi – Me too I am going to weigh myself in September…..I want to have a surprise….the scale will not say to be continued anymore for me…ahaha… J LOL

You gals ARE doing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is another painting of mine ...!! It is called Genie in a bottle...and I want my stomach to flat like hers..... LOL I hope you all enjoy !!!!!!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/JAYAGODDESS/genieinabottle.jpg

707Goddess
06-30-2006, 12:41 PM
MY scale hasnt moved damn im stuck ........

JAYAGODDESS
06-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Sometimes time seems like eternity.....dont forget there are times where we lose inches too instead of pounds....!! So dont get discouraged.....I know it is hard not to....but we are here for you ...!!! So here is an idea...if you see that your scale has not moved and you are feeling bummed..go for a walk..or do an exersise or a hobby to get your mind of what you saw on the scale..this way the last thing you see is you feeling great about what you accomplished...and the scale is in the past...!!! Just an idea...try it ...it helps me.....it is better to have something you did that made you happy that way we dont dwell on our scales...hehe..LOL Your doing great ....just keep taking one step at a time :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I thought you could use a hug {{HUGZ}} there that should make you feel better ...

Cheers

707Goddess
06-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Thank you i did need that im positive i can do this with all of you guys backing me thanks for the support

707Goddess
06-30-2006, 04:36 PM
JAYA are you a Libra???

allymaehey
06-30-2006, 05:35 PM
You guys are doing so great!! Way to go tea! I think i'm going to concentrate on grilling more and walking more lol. ttys

JAYAGODDESS
06-30-2006, 09:29 PM
I am aquaris.....!! And you are welcome....Today I am having a great day!! It is just so I woke up in a great mood...and I put make up on to make me look perty....hehehe... So here is a photo that I took of Jack he was looking out the window at night...so I call this photo wishing upon a star....you know I am seriously trying to get my paintings and photograph put on greeting cards...I have been doing a lot of research...and I am trying to go through the back doors because everything is so darn expensive ...LOL....I hope you all enjoy this one .....Its my favorite !!! Keep up the great work..I am going to go pay a bill then I am going to go for a walk...so who is walking today....say IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!! :) Talk to you guys when I get back...k

Cheers~:)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/JAYAGODDESS/wishinguponastar.jpg

spunky1
07-01-2006, 12:22 AM
I love the art work and the pictures Jaya.

Congrats, Tracey! You are inspirational!

707, I'm feeling the same way. I lost weight really quickly at first, and now I'm stuck. But I have to admit, my eating has increased as well. I need to go back to the little changes, such as keeping a food log and drinking more water.

I think I should come here in the morning, instead of the evening, so that I can get inspiration for the day.

sastubbs
07-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone,

What a great group of women here!

Jaya - I'm loving all the art! Your motivation is contagious - thanks!

Tracey - Congrats on your 6 lb. loss. Keep up the good work!

Spunky - I think you're right about the little changes. A food log is so helpful, it just takes time. But it is worth it!!

707 - I see the line under your avatar, but don't you know, you are a goddess already!

Stevi - I always find that there is a lag between good exercise behavior and results on the scale, but you will see it, I am sure!

I'm back posting after a couple of days out of commission with a migraine from my 'time of month'. ugh. No exercise, but the eating wasn't too too bad. Time to "get back on the horse." I'm hoping I can hold it together and focus for the holiday weekend!!

I'm thinking it's good to have a plan of attack so mine is MODERATION. If I get an opportunity to have yummy stuff, I won't deny myself and feel deprived (after all, it's a holiday) but I'll just have a little.

I need to get out and exercise, I will make time. My roommate is home for 4 days and can hang with the kids while I take a walk or something, so I'm gonna do it (it's a little harder when I'm here by myself with a 12 and 5 year old cause they torture each other if I go out for a walk and leave them alone. lol) I joined the YMCA - it is 25 minutes away but I go into town fairly often and they have child care Monday-Friday. I will get there tomorrow for 45 minutes and do the Precor - good calorie burn!)

My accomplishment for last week was to buy a used car for myself, an older Subaru, but my mechanic says I did good. He has to fix one thing and then I should be back on the road with my very own car. I want to have something cute and inspirational painted on the back, or maybe a decal.... So - yea - baby steps on the road to a good self-determined life. And the air conditioning works......

This coming week I want to get the paperwork together to apply for a federal program where low income people can get loan assistance to buy a first home.

Stacy

fitgal2
07-01-2006, 03:25 PM
hey all....

just wanted to give some :dust: for the long weekend!! I am off to a wedding reception so I know I need some :dust: too!!! so here is some :dust: for you all and some for Me :dust:

hope everyone has a great weekend, I will be back on monday!!!

Stevi-rocks
07-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Hey there everybody!:D

Had rehearsal last night and it was rocky at first. We have a new drummer (I sing lead in a rock coverband) and have a gig on the 22nd...it'll be his 1st and he's really nervious. So I made the set list reallly structured by writing out how I will announce the next song so he has more confidence in starting them....took for freekin' ever :dizzy: though. start, stop, start, stop for 4 hours. Ended up really good by the end though. But the new demo is almost done! I have been powerwalking 2-3 (usually 2:)) miles with 10 lb weight on my legs and 3 lb on my arms everyday except Fri (occassionally I'll take a break on Sun) cuz thats rehearsal day and its a workout in and of itself. And I weighed this morning and NOTHING!
Stacy~ I hope your right...but it hardly matters I will never go back to my old habits again...I feel outstanding!:carrot: Congrats on your car and maybe you can share the 1st time buyer info?
Java~ I am an artist as well...mostly mural work and portrait work in acrylics. I also enjoy a sort of cartooning in Prisma Color....Whats your medium of choice?
Spunky~ ME TOO...I was losing 3-5 lbs a week now I'm good to do 1lb a week!:?: I'm working it out though.
Fitgal~ Thanks for the dust! Is that you in your avatar?? If so you are smokin' hot!!;)
No serious plans for the 4th...just goin' to the in-laws for a BBQ and I'm bringing the meats and a couple if sides so I'll be good. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!:hug:

I forgot to tell you about a super easy low cal/lowcarb recipe I just LOVE. Its strawberries with a ginger cream. Fresh strawberries sliced, fat free sour cream, minced crystalized ginger, packs of spenda to taste, vanilla extract, and a teeny pinch of ground clove. slobber it on top your berries and YUMMIE!!! Great on these hot days!

ladynredd
07-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Glad to see everyone is doing so well !! Tomorrow is my weigh-in and I'm expecting good things -- I've already had to move one of my rings over to a bigger finger! :D

I skipped my workout Saturday but made myself do it today. Can't say the workouts are getting any easier yet but it makes me feel good about myself to do them!

I am noticing the flavors of my food more, I guess because my taste buds aren't so clogged with fat and artificial flavors any more. I had some organic canteloup this morning that was absolutely scrumptious! Now that is how melon is supposed to taste!

I'll check in again tomorrow morning ...

ladynredd
07-03-2006, 06:19 AM
Total Health Makeover rocks!!! I weighed in this morning with a 5 pound loss -- me, the Queen of One-Pound-Or-Less! Can we say WOOHOO!!?? :carrot::carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

teahoney
07-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Way to go ladynredd (just saw your name is Donna)!!! That is fantastic.

The bbq over at my mom's house was yummy. My daughter ate too many cookies though and was on a serious sugar high. Every time you turned around someone was handing her a cookie. She didn't go to sleep until almost one in the morning and trying to get her up this morning for school was torture. I had to carry her downstairs to her bus because she was too tired to walk.

I wanted to start South Beach today but the weekend wound up being busier than I expected and I didn't make it to the supermarket. Still will eat healthy though and I'll get to S.B. when I get to it.

fitgal2
07-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi all I am back.

I guess this will be the frist day of the challengs for me, last week I was visiting my parents, had a wedding to go to, then had to visit my BF's grandfather with him...so my eating has been off track since last tuesday!

But here I am...hope I am still welcome ;)

JAYAGODDESS
07-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey everyone......how are you????????? Sorry I could not log onto the internet for a couple of days.....aackkkkk I was having major cravings......I was like I need my network for my support hahahahaha....LOL Anyhow sounds like everyone is doing GREAT.....

I feel so much better now that I am back online and get to talk to you all :)

Keep up the Great work......

Cheers ~ Smiles From Miles

allymaehey
07-04-2006, 03:52 AM
hello my daughter decided to wash the keyboard because it was sticky. so now i have to use the onscreen keyboard and click on each key. lol anyway my friend goes to the gym everyday. so i asked her if she would call me when she went to motivate me to get on my treadmill. i haven't started dieting, but after walking on an incline for a 1/2 hour makes me think 2x about eating so much and drinking pop. so i figure i won't buy any more pop and i'll get in2 the habit of walking and eating 1/2 of what i normally eat. i still get 2 eat what i want. keep up the good works

fitgal2
07-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Hi ladies! my Day 1 went well! it was actually a "detox" day for me~ I feel I need to do that after a bad few days to get me "back on track" and in the frame of mind... so I ate fruit and veggies and drank a ton of water!!!

keep it up ladies!

spunky1
07-05-2006, 02:06 AM
Well, today was not a good day for me. I started out okay, going to my aqua aerobics class. But I went to two b-b-q's and pigged out! I just have no willpower when so much food is in front of me. My stomach was so stretched out, it hurt. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I just have to do better the rest of the week.

ladynredd
07-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Wanted to quickly check in this morning. Was a slug yesterday and did not exercise -- food was okay, just no exercise. So this morning I popped in an old "Walk Away the Pounds" tape and did 3 miles. It's much harder wearing shoes! :) Sure makes those first two glasses of water go down easy! I've also ordered the Turbo Jam tapes -- I keep hearing people talk about how fun they are to do and I can certainly use an injection of fun in my exercise routine!

Have a long day today captioning a VA county meeting so must run shower and warm up the old fingers. Hope it ends early enough so I can make it to the grocery store at the end of the day cuz I'm running low on protein. Let's make it a great healthy day, ladies! :dust:

Angel33
07-05-2006, 08:12 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Just trying to catch up. I haven't been around since Friday. It was a very busy, crazy long weekend. I had lots of fun and didn't get too far off track.
The surprising thing is that I'm down 3lbs. WOW! I think when I relax and don't obsess about losing weight I actually do better.

Will check in later, after reading everyone's posts since Friday.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

teahoney
07-05-2006, 09:13 AM
I have to start exercising. I have been doing pretty okay with the eating but I really need to add in the exercise now. I have a really bad knee and I know that my weight is the sole reason for it being bad as I haven't suffered any injuries. It is really feeling like one of these days it just may give out on me.

The weekend was very enjoyable. I didn't make the best food choices but they weren't too bad either. I would say the worse thing was that I hardly drank water and was opting for mostly soda.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
07-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Well I am so tried I cant type so if any of you see typos just look over them..lol Me and hubby rode over 300 miles yesterday. I am happy that I have lost another 2 lbs so I am working hard. I have got to make it!

Heres to a short week and another nice weekend!<<<Drinks more water!

Sunnigummi
07-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Good job, unicorn!! You can do it!!!

Now if I could only inspire myself. I think I dropped a lb during the weekend so I was ecstatic that I weighed 164 but I'm not putting it on my ticker because I'm not sure. I'm going to be good this week and eat right + exercise and I'll see if I can go down a 1/2 lb or something. I've been 165 for the past three weeks. I don't know if I subconciously give up because this has been my weight (160 - 165) for the past 5 years and I'm comfortable with it (not really) or am I just lazy. Questions questions. Well, I'm gonna keep chugging away regardless. Hopefully, I'll beat my goal for the challenge! :)

Good luck everyone!!! :D and :hug: to get through those trying times...

fitgal2
07-05-2006, 12:45 PM
OMG unicorn...that is amazing...good going!!

Gummi~~ plateaus suck!! but maybe you are losing inches and those incehs are not been read on the scale just yet ;) KEEP CHUGGING the weight will come off its just matter of time...

I was a lazy bum yesterday, I planned on going to the gym with my bf...then he didn't want to go...so I WAS going to go by myself...then I got distracted by my bf new blackberry....oh well

went today for a swim and then to the gym for weights then did extra 15 mins of the elliptical

sastubbs
07-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Hello everyone,

Well, had a half-hearted weekend weight loss wise; I did go to the gym once but I did not mean to EAT so much all weekend!

But I'm back on the wagon, again and I'm going to keep getting back on as many times as it takes!

I started tracking my food today in Fitday and was horrified by the percentage of fat in my diet. Yowza.

Just a quick post for now, I have a lot I have to get done today.

allymaehey
07-05-2006, 04:09 PM
hey spunky if you can drink a tall glass of water b4 u eat it'd help curb ur appetite and help digest the food. though it is hard to drink water when ur hungry lol. hope this helps a bit.

Stevi-rocks
07-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Down 1.5lbs this morning....Finally:carrot: . Two weeks and only 2 lbs lost. Doesn't sound too bad but I was on a major roll for weeks! Losing 2-3 a week.:D I'm pretty sure its the exercise and increased carbs. I still take in (most days) less than 50g. Any less than that made exercising less than fun. :faint: Now I feel more energetic and powerful. With the weight training my core feels tighter and overall I just feel less sloppy.
Tracey~ So sorry about your knee. While I was PG and there after, I could hear my knee crackle (literally) when I would go to sit down. No pain but definetly worried me. Hope it gets better.:hug:
Sunni~ Oh I am so feelin' your pain. Keep it up!:shrug:
Stubbs~ Fitday rocks. I got a food scale as well to keep it as accurate as possible.
Allymae~ Hi there...;)
Unicorn~ Sorry your so tired. Maybe its from all that weight loss! WTG!:lifter:
Angel~ Missed you!! 3 lbs...I'm so jealous:bb: . You Rock!
I made that no-bake dream cheesecake yest...pretty yummy. 100 cal, 2g fat, 11 carb. I had asked quite a few questions a few pages back and NO BODY asnwered me.....mmmm...was I being a lil too nosey maybe?:nose:

Angel33
07-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Hope everyone is recovered from their holiday weekend.

Stevi-Hey a loss is a loss. You're still going in the right direction, so good job.

Tracey-Sorry about you knees. Have you thought about doing any water activities? My SIL has a lot of knee and leg issues, so she has been swimming and doing water areobics because everything else is too much impact on her legs. Good luck on the exercise, I know its hard. Hang in there!

Unicorn-Hope you got some rest after that 300 miles. WOW!

sastubbs-I love Fitday. When I first started using it I was amazed by how much I was actually eating. It was almost triple the amount that I eat now. It was very eye opening for me.

Sunnigummi-Hang in there. I hate plateaus too.

fitgal2,allymaehey,spunky1 and ladynredd- Hope you ladies are having a great day.

Jaya-Where are you. I'm missing you humor and your great pictures. Hope everything is okay!

Talk to you all soon

Sunnigummi
07-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement, I needed that boost. I've made a plan to go to the gym this evening and WORK OUT! :) Brought my lil' gym bag and everything. I feel so aerobic.

Stevi - what questions did you ask? let's see if I can answer them! To be honest, what with the long weekend, I didn't log on all that much... :) Your cheesecake sounds mighty yummy! :D

*edit: just discovered those questions were pretty specific. Hehehe. :)

mama2a&c
07-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Good morning!

If I'm not too late I'd like to join in. Its been awhile since I have been around but I'm sooooo ready to hop back on the wagon. It was around March that I fell off the wagon and I guess it ran me over. For the last month or so I have been miserable. I have actually gained about 10 lbs. Sure, I have had major stress but sooner or later I need to stop making excuses. Maybe today is the day!

I have started off pretty good today. Good breakfast and 2 glasses of water so far. I do okay on water intake but can always use more! I'm hoping to hop on the bike later.

Have a great day!!!

fitgal2
07-06-2006, 11:53 AM
MMMMMM the cheesecake dose sound yummy Ill have to pick up that stuff on my next grocery shopping trip!!! MMMMM

Gummi~~ "I feel so aerobic":lol: hahahahaha NICE!!!! :lol:

Angel~hop you day is going well TOO!!!!! :cheer:

so this week I said to myself I am giong to do 2 things -start swimming and join a spinning class~ I DID IT!!!!!!!! I swam in hight school, 7 years ago, so i was thinking that I would only be able to make it like 10 minutes, I DID 25!!! yay!!! and today I joined the spinned calss OMG it was hard, but I felt soooo good for trying it...I am going back for sure next week!!! WEEEE!!!

how is everyone else doing???? hope you day is going great!!!! :D :D :D

sastubbs
07-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Hello again!

Fitgal - You seem so stoked! Great job on swimming and the spin class. Those spin classes are HARD work. You go girl. I don't think you ever answered - is that your picture in the avatar?

Ally - How are you feeling today? Did your keyboard dry out and become usable again, or is it shot?

mama2a&c - Welcome to the challenge!!! It is so good to have so many great women here cheering each other on. I am getting back to fitness after too long a break, but I feel ready. Next time that wagon comes at you, step aside and hop on the back as it passes! That's what I'm gonna try to do, as I keep falling off, too!

Stevi - Actually, I've been meaning to answer your question, just wanted to get the specifics right and not sure if it will apply because each state has similar programs but they are state specific. In my case, I'm working on a loan from the USDA to buy my home with a grant from the government through a local non profit called the Northern Arizona Council of Governments. They give these grants nationwide to low income first time home buyers but they are administered through local non-profits everywhere. I found this stuff searching on the Web and calling local referral lines until someone told me about them, then following up agressively. But now I'm stalled, can't seem to get the final paperwork together and submit it. Maybe I'm scared, I don't know.

Sunnigummi - Did you go to the gym last night?

Tea - I have a bad right knee and I find I can do the elliptical machine a little easier than anything else in the gym - less impact, I guess. I know what you mean about the weight contributing to the problem, but it is kind of a vicious circle, isn't it - the knee makes it hard to lose the weight, but the weight hurts the knee. Still, you are doing it, and I know you can keep it up!

Angel - How are you doing today?

Hey everyone, where is our fearless leader with the beautiful paintings, Jaya?

I had a good breakfast and here I am logging on. I'll keep up the Fitday food tracking (after being horrified by my food intake yesterday, I realize I really need it!) and I want to take a walk again today. I'm working on baby steps but in the right direction, and building great HABITS for the rest of my life.

Stacy

Stevi-rocks
07-06-2006, 02:52 PM
"....And I Ran, I ran so far away..." (insert Flock of Seagulls cd here):running: lol! But really I did! I ran (accumatively I had to walk here and there) .8 miles! I am stoked! and so SORE! Today is pilates only. I'll get out and run again tomorrow. I knew my rear was gonna giggle and giggle it did:yikes: ...but I didn't care. The recipe for the Cheesecake is on the Kraft site.

Mama2~ :welcome: :balloons: Its never too late! This challenge is a Long one.
Sunni~ Your funny:crazy: .
Fitgal~ Great job on the swimming. I did a power pacing class about 7 years ago before I got fat again and that thing was really intense. I thought I was all bad....I was running 2+ miles nearly everyday, weight training every other day. It kicked my @$$! Talk about humbling:stars: .
Tracey~ DH has a bad knee due to a martial arts injury, he is always in the pool workin' it out:lifter: .
Stubbs~ Thanks for that. Its really alot of work finding out whats available out there. Don't be scared...your brave already:strong: .
Angel~ HI!!!!:wave:

Stevi-rocks
07-06-2006, 03:08 PM
I thought I'd share as well....This was something I did VERY fast as a last minute Valentines day gift to my now husband. Its called The Narcissist... It's of me.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Biteitalready/tongue.jpg

Angel33
07-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Great picture Stevi and WTG on running. Oh and thanks now I have that song in my head.LOL

magdie
07-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Hi Guys, I've read through all of the posts and I'd really like to join. This is such a great and supportive group. I've been losing and gaining all my life and I feel like I'm finally doing it the right way. I eat in moderation (except for occasional binges) and exercise. That's a big improvement from not eating, binging, purging, not exercising and diet pill addiction. I've been free of all those bad habits for over a year now and I started exercising a few months ago. Most of all I want to be healthy and happy. Your support would be greatly appreciated
Jaya - your pictures are awesome! Thanks for starting this challenge!

Angel33
07-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Hi Madgie,
Feel free to join right in. We're glad to have you.
Best of luck on your weight loss journey.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
07-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Great picture Stevi and WTG on running. Oh and thanks now I have that song in my head.LOL
Yea! now I am singing it!!!!!

spunky1
07-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Ally- Thanks for the encouragement. I will try the water beforehand.

Stevi- Great picture. I always wished I could draw. My son is an artist. If anyone is interested, his site is http://www.aaronfoppe.com

Magdie- Welcome. I'm new to this forum, too. But already feel at home. I hope you will, too.

Today I was down two pounds. But I'm not going to put it on my tracker yet, either. That scale jumps around too much for me to be convinced! ;)

magdie
07-06-2006, 06:41 PM
My first day is going OK. I've been reding the posts between work and I find them very motivating.
Spunky - I looked at your son't website. WOW, that's amazing. I especially like his photographs. I love his art! I added his site to My Favorites.
I often make a mistake of weighing myself too often. Last Monday when, after days of eating great and exercising, the scale showed that I gained one pound I got so upset that I stuffed myself with junk food. Only at the end of the day did I realize that my slip was due to the one gained pound. I haven't been eating well for three days now, and I don't even want to step on the scale to see how much it has cost me. And all that because of one pound!
I'm so excited about this challenge!

fitgal2
07-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Hello again!

Fitgal - I don't think you ever answered - is that your picture in the avatar?

OMG didn't mean to be so rude...SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even see your question...my bad :o
Um NO that is not me...those are the muscle I WANT!!!! hahahahaha

fitgal2
07-06-2006, 07:20 PM
stevi-AWSOME PICTURE!!!!

Mama2a&C- & Magdie- WELCOME!!!! we are a friendly bunch so jump on in!!!

how was your day laides?????????????

rebelridergirl
07-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Hello everyone!

I want to join the 12 week challenge, too, even though I'm a week late. By the time this challenge ends my brother will be getting married and I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid. Sadly, instead of losing lately I feel like I keep getting fatter!

So, is everyone doing low carb? I'm thinking of going lower carbs/lower fat and calorie counting. I'm not sure!

Stevi-rocks
07-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Rebel~ :welcome3: Thats what I do. I started out April 24th just under your current weight. I log my food and activities on Fitday. I eat under 1200 calories (not much under), less than 20 fat grams, less than 50 carbs (was lower but with all the exercise I do now I had to up it. I feel FABULOUS!:carrot: I love your avatar. Are you into make up at all?

Magdie~:welcome: I think we all have things in the past regarding weight loss that we are not proud of. Really glad to have you here!

Ladies, you are so sweet with your compliments! Logan says "I know, I know, Its a curse!" ;)

magdie
07-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Hi Rebelgirl! I just joined today so we're both new to the challenge. I'm trying to eat in moderation and exercise 4 times a week. I did the low carb diet 3 years ago and quickly lost 60 Ibs, but I have gained it all and more since. I'm just trying not to eat empty sugar, but I don't want to completely deprive myself. Eating in moderation is difficult for me bacuse I either don't eat at all or binge all the time. I can't get myself to stay in the middle.
Good luck to you! You must be getting excited about the wedding! I'm going to a wedding this Sat, and it's been a source of a lot of stress. The only 'nice' dress that I got a year ago doesn't fit me and I was hoping I'll get it to fit, but it looks like I'll have to go shopping tomorrow. I don't like shopping for big clothes! Hopefully, I won't need them much longer.
Take care!

rebelridergirl
07-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Stevi- Thanks! I totally ADORE makeup! Do you, too? WOW, your weightloss is incredible! Congratulations on your hard work and thanks for a few ideas on cal/fat/carb guidelines that you stick to. Sometimes it's just so hard to know what to do. If you don't mind me asking, what are some things that you eat at your meals? I think breakfast is the hardest for me to figure out! Oh, and diet aside...your little boy is a total DOLL!

Magdie- It's great to have another newbie, lol. I've been in your position, too. Lost, then gained weight. For me it doesnt matter what kind of plan I do, I just have to get it through my head that its a lifestyle change, not diet. I hear ya with stressing about a dress. That's where I'm at, too. When I got married 2 years ago I was nowhere near my ideal weight, but I refuse to be this fat at another wedding!

spunky1
07-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Thanks, Magdie. Today is my son's birthday. He is 23; I can't believe how the time goes by. He'll be glad to hear that you put his site in your favorites. I have a problem eating in moderation, too. If the food is there, I will eat and eat. The only way for me to avoid this is not eat at all. For example, if I go to a mexican restaurant, I can keep from eating the chips and salsa. But once I put one chip in my mouth, I'll eat them until they are gone. It's all or nothing for me. Wish I could use some constraint.

Welcome, Rebel. I have only been here a few days, too. It's because of this thread that I joined. So far, the support has been wonderful.

Stevi-rocks
07-07-2006, 02:18 AM
Rebel~ For breakfast (most recently I had to change it) I have concocted a protein shake from some of the recipes here..Its delish if you like chocolate...
Ice (der), 2 Tbl spoons dutch CoCo (unsweetened), 1/2 cup skim milk, 4 packets of spenda, 1/4 (roughly) fat free or low fat (it doesn't have much to begin with)ricotta cheese, Vanilla splash, scoop of GNC whey protein in no flavor,Vanilla, choc ,or berry(my fav is berry tastes like a rasp truffle), blend intil smooth. 225 cal, 4g fat,2g sat fat,18g carb,3g fiber,32g protein. The protien powder is sweetened, so you can use vanilla with fresh strawberries added...or whatever! Before the shake I ate a SB protein bar (usually the peanut butter/choc one) with my morning tea. I'm not that picky at breakfast so it works.

I've been a make up junky for years. I wear false eyelashes. Love Mac, Shishedo, Hard candy, Urbin decay, Smash box. If I dropped dead in Sephora all would be right in my world.:love:

Here's pic ala natural...I'm very plain.http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Biteitalready/stefandloganreallysmall.jpg
And then after I have worked the magic....http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Biteitalready/sassystefsmalle-mail.jpg

Angel33
07-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Good Morning Ladies.

It's Friday!:carrot:

:wel3fc: Rebel-Glad you joined us.

spunky1-I checked out your son's website. Wow! That's some really great work. We'll all cross our fingers that you 2lb loss sticks. Don't you just hate scales. Mine tends to jump around a lot some weeks too.

magdie-Glad to hear things are going ok on your first day. Hang in there. We're all here to support you. I too tend to weigh myself too often. Sometimes its just hard to stay away.

Talk to you all later.

magdie
07-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Good Morning Ladies! It's Friday and my second day of the challenge. I didn't eat too well yesterday but I also didn't overeat and I went to the gym...twice! The first time I went, I left after two minutes on eliptical - I was just not motivated and really didn't want to be there. I got back home mad that I failed and watered the lawn, did some laundry. At 8 pm I decided to give it another try. I drove to the gym again and...had a great workout. I did 50 minutes on eliptical (4.5 miles) I was proud and felt so good about it...when it was over!
Today I feel motivated to eat well and go to the gym after work. I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and I need to go dress shopping during lunch. That might be pretty discouraging. I just can let myself get upset and discouraged by seeing myself in the mirror and trying on 'big' clothes.

Stevie - you look awesome! Love your dark hair! and your boy is adorable

Rebel - thanks for your encouragement. It feels really good to know that there are people out there who understand and share your experiences. I got married two years ago in Sep. but I was 50 Ibs lighter then. I'll be pretty happy if I can get back to that weight. And you have plenty of time to look fabulous for your brother's wedding. This challenge came at a perfect time!

Spunky - I feel your pain! I'm the same exact way - I either eat no chips or I inhale a whole bag...family size. I totally understand you!

Angel - thanks for the words of encouragement!

Good luck to everyone today! And thanks for your support!
Talk to you all soon!

teahoney
07-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi ladies. I haven't been on in a couple of days. Been staying busy with cleaning the house. I am seriously PMS'ing so I am not even going to try getting on the scale tomorrow for my weigh-in. When I PMS, I have to have soda and I've been overdoing it some. I've been debating back and forth with myself as to whether I am going to do South Beach or not. I don't want to feel like I am depriving myself of anything or else I won't stick with it. I have until next week to make a decision since that is when I do my big food shopping.

Anyway, :welcome: to all you newbies.

Stevi - You look awesome. Wish I knew how to do my makeup so well. I'm not half bad but definitely not as good as you.

magdie
07-07-2006, 06:48 PM
So, I went shopping and it was a total disaster. Nothing fit, I l felt fat, the stores only carry this much stuff in size 18. I got frustrated and left. I'll try tomorrow before the wedding. I guess when I'm desperate I will have to find something.
I didn't get down because of my size - still going strong!

rebelridergirl
07-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Magdie- Sorry that you didn't find anything that worked for you. Lately, I HATE clothing shopping. Some clothes look so cute on the rack or on other plus-sized girls...on me...blech!! You'll have those 50 lbs off before you know it, by the way!

Stevi- You are gorgeous, girl! I'm very plain without my "face" on. You look like a rockstar/movie star on your second pic! I love your eye and lip colors!
Oh and thanks for the smoothie idea! That sounds so yummy!

Tracey- I'm like you. I keep thinking of going back to South Beach, but I also never really stick with it too long. I like it. I think it's very healthy and I lost quickly, but I can never get Phase 2 right. Good luck to you in whatever you choose!

sastubbs
07-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi all,

Another day, another cookie.... sigh, why do I keep putting stuff in my mouth? But still, it is much less now that I am becoming aware, and I know it is a process, and I HAVE been out walking more. I just want the weight to be GONE now, now, NOW! And I had a wicked migraine all day..... waaah. waaah.

O.K. My regression to two-year-old land is over for now.

It has been rainy here in Northern Arizona for two days, an unusual event, but welcome, and much easier exercise weather. So tonight I will walk again.

fitgal - yup, those ARE great muscles, wouldn't mind having them myself!

magdie - Welcome, I think this is such a great bunch, too! Bad news about the dress. I'm in a rural area, we only recently got a Lane Bryant store, before that there was no place to buy clothes here. I know it's a horrible feeling to need something and not have any options at all!

Rebel - A big welcome to you, too!

Tracey - I just got over the whole PMS thing, it always wreaks havoc with my plans. Hang in there, you'll feel better soon!

Stevie - Love that picture you posted - yesterday, was it? Wish I knew how to work your magic with makeup, somehow missed those lessons in my life and know I could look better..... I don't wear any, don't know how to put it on, so I know I just sort of fade into the woodwork.

Hope everyone is doing well today and feeling good.

Stacy

Stevi-rocks
07-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Aww shucks! You gals are so sweet with the compliments. I'm an artist so its sorta cheating. But Lil Logan Is al natural!:D
Had Sushi last night and saw Superman...OMG that is the lOUDEST movie EVER! Secial effects are really cool. Dialogue left alot to be desired...especially Kevin Spacy, mostly cuz I just love him. Sushi was REALLY good. I did ok with plan No rice (except what lil bit is on a rainbow roll:)) sea bass with miso sauce and brought most of that home. 2 glasses of champange (another fav) TOM is almost here and I totally feel it. I won't weigh again til prolly next Mon. I'm gonna "fast" on protein shakes today (Oh Lord give me strenghth) cuz of TOM and last night. Gonna Powerwalk ( showed DH what power walking looks like last night...he was rollin'!) 4 miles today and do my belly, butt ,and thighs tape Uggg!
Magdie~ Congrats on you new "gym rat" status! LOL Great work on that eliptical! You rock! 215/5'8" and an 18? Where you shoppin?
Tracey~ Feelin' your pain with TOM. Way back when I used to give myself extra time before going out to try/practice new techniques.
Rebel~ He he "moviestar" Your silly...I do sing lead in a rock coverband though!
Stacy~ Just start off slow...lil mascara, lip gloss, then eyeshadow maybe a lil liner...take your time and experiment. The worst is when everybody notices you wearing make up and won't shut up about it..I get the opposite now...If I don't wear it I get "are you sick?" Be patient with your body...you have all the time you need to get where you wanna go.

SB chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are great! 100 calories 17 carbs ( I think) I don't eat them often (the calories are kinda empty)

Sunnigummi
07-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Sunnigummi - Did you go to the gym last night?

This was Thursday night and YES I DID!!! Yay for me!!! :)

I was planning on taking Friday off, but my awesome mom said "we're going to the park for a walk!" and ay, we did. We walked two rounds, which is almost 6 miles.

I went this morning too and OH MY GOSH, I just found out that I lost a pound this morning - WHOOT! By the end of July, I hope to be a sweet and svelte 160. Ok not svelte, but a smaller moi.

*love* your drawing Stevi, you're such a good artist!

Jaya - no pics lately, what's up?

Magdie - I'm a little late to the party, but don't get discouraged! It will come in time.

sastubbs - One cookie does not a bad day make! :) I ate a turkey hotdog with a slice of WHITE bread today, how bad do *I* feel? But whatever, I wanted it and my craving's over now.

See y'all tomorrow! :D

maggers65
07-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey everyone, just joined the forum and I hope I can join the challenge. I am not new to low carb, just quit following it and all the weight came back!:devil:

My goals are to drink my water
give up diet soda
no frankenfoods!!
and exercise everyday

allymaehey
07-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Hello.everyone.I.now.have.to.use.the.dot.key.inste ad.of.my.spacebar.because.it.no.longer.works.lol.i .keep.hearing.that.if.you.DON'T.weigh.yourself.you .are.more.likely.to.lose.weight.I.was.listening.to .KPDQfm93.9(christian.radio.station.in.portland,or .)and.I.heard.of.a.dietary.supplement.here.is.the. website:www.rubyreds.com.check.it.out!!!hopefully. i.can.get.a.new.keyboard.soon.cause.this.stinks.i. totally.binged.on.everything.sweet.salty.and.in.be tween.i.am.having.such.a.hard.time.getting.it.toge ther.my.treadmill.makes.for.a.nice.dust.collector. in.the.middle.of.the.livingroom.HELP!!!somebody.ki ck.me.

Stevi-rocks
07-10-2006, 02:22 AM
Hello Ladies, :wave:

Went out last night with my Best girl friend and....OMG was I ever HUNGOVER this morning:barf: . Had Three vodka sodas and two shots. Doesn't sound like alot in 4 hours but I don't really drink anymore. I also think the clean eating has soemthing to do with it. I had two protein shakes and broccoli and sea bass for dinner....Nothing to soak it up?:?: I'm over drinking anything hard now. I did my walk yesterday in record time cuz I was in a hurry, 3.3 miles in 50 minutes:carrot: . I log it in fitday and my calories burned decreased from 370 to 217 burned:tantrum: ...WTH?? You'd think I'd burn MORE by working HARDER? Right? According to fitday if I took 6 hours to walk 3 miles I'd burn all kinds of calories. Thats dumb:dunno: . Practice was good (After I felt better) Its amazing how much my range is changing, I can hit notes effortlessly that where once very challenging. Not to mention my ease in breathing while singing. I have never been able to perform "Shook me all night long" like I did today:encore: !! Lots of words in that one and a big chorus. I used to start to run out of air at least once...NOPE! Very, very cool. My allergies are torturing me:stars: .
Sunni~ Congrats! 6 miles!! Your my new Hero! :cheer: Thanks for the compliment.
Allymae~ Here ya go...:kickbutt:

allymaehey
07-10-2006, 02:45 AM
thanks.stevi.i.sure.can.use.the.motivation.lol:)

allymaehey
07-10-2006, 02:46 AM
grrr.cant.figure.out.this.stupid.signature.tag.thi ng.lol

allymaehey
07-10-2006, 02:59 AM
i.would.greatly.appreciate.anyone.that.can.help.me .figure.out.how.to.stick.my.sparkley.sig.here.

allymaehey
07-10-2006, 03:09 AM
they.say.the.way.to.get.rid.of.your.hangover.is.to .drink.a.bit.of.the.same.thing.you.had.the.night.b 4,so.cheers!:drinkup:

ladynredd
07-10-2006, 05:33 AM
Happy to report that I had another loss this week, 1.2 pounds. Earned myself a new avatar! :D Not nearly as spectacular as last week but it's not surprising, especially as I didn't earn as many exercise points this week. One knee has been complaining a bit and since it's been injured in the past I figure I'd better listen to it.

I leave for California day after tomorrow so I'm rushing around trying to accomplish everything that needs done. By the time I'm ready to go, I'll really *need* a vacation! :lol: I have a good idea of how I plan to eat, made easier by the fact I'm staying in the same hotel as last time I was there, so I know my room has a mini fridge and microwave. Breakfast will be fruit, lunches will basically be a salad with imitation crab (my favorite!) or tuna or cooked chicken on top, and dinners will be at my children's house where I will do most of the cooking so I'll have a lot of control over the menu. I'm renting a car and I know where the grocery store is so *that's* not a problem. I'm sure I'll go "off plan" once or twice -- there is a little taco hole-in-the-wall that serves the most divine tacos and I know they use lard to cook the tortillas. As long as I can stay off the sugar and the huge meals the rest of the trip I'll be satisfied to hold still for one week.

Sunnigummi
07-10-2006, 06:45 AM
Hey Stevi - thanks! :)

So I was proud of myself this weekend, I only ate two turkey hotdogs (1 each day) with a slice of white bread for a um..."snack" meaning I totally wanted to eat something for the sake of boredom.

I did the 6 mile walkathon with the fam on both days so I got a workout. I am officially 164 guys!! WHOOT! I checked Sat, thought it was just a fluctuation, checked Sunday (under same conditions) and it was the SAME! YAY!

Other than that, got started on this hybrid painting with my sis. I found this pretty picture of arums and I thought I'd make some of them in clay and my sister could paint the rest of the picture (she's an artist) so the stuff that should leap out at you actually does. :) Kinda cool. Will post a pic when it's done.

Any vacay plans for anyone? I'm going to Virginia this weekend to say Luray Caves and Williamsburg. Hopefully, it should be fun. :p

magdie
07-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Good Morning from Cal. Thanks everyone for your response on my 'shopping disaster' last Friday. It all ended up OK...but Boy, was I stressing. My Hubby called me at work on Friday to let me know that we got tickets to see NIN that evening. :D Excited about the idea of a concert, I figured I can always go shopping for something to wear for the wedding...on the day of the wedding. So we went to the concert and had a great time. I resisted the bear and snacks and just had an apple. Got home after midnight and didn't wake up until 9:30 the following morning. I went shopping and couldn't really find anything. I finally had to settle on wearing black and had to rush back home to get ready. I got home 45 minutes before we had to leave the house. Yeah, that was quite a time! Wedding went fine, I had a nice dinner and passed on the sweets and cake! :carrot:
I went to the gym yesterday and did 4.5 miles on eliptical. I had about 1200 Kcal I was very proud of myself for resisting frozen yogurt that my husband brought home. Overall great weekend I feel so motivated to keep going. Didn't weight myself - don't want to get discouraged in case I didn't lose anything.

Stevi - Sounds like you had a great time out w/ your girlfriend. Is the range change connected with weight loss? Somehow, I never thought the two are connected.

Sunni - congratulations on your weight loss!

maggers - WELCOME!

rebel - how are you doing?

Talk to you all later. Take care!!@

mama2a&c
07-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Happy Monday! :df:

I'm off to a good start today. Water, green tea, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon. For the most part I stick to the good stuff. Its the occassional cheeseburger, fries and Coke that get me. I guess if it were really the occassional meal I wouldn't be here!:mcd:

This weekend was ok but still no exercise. I have to find the motivation myself. I need to stop relying on hubby. He quit smoking on Thursday so he isn't into being too supportive right now. I need to do this for me. Maybe I need to start posting my daily exercise goals here.;)

One thing I would love to hear from all of you are some of your recipes. What are you eating throughout the day? Lunch today for me is going to be a SouthBeach pizza. 350 Cals & 35g of Protein. I need to have a little salad too for the fiber.

Magdie-I also went shopping yesterday and nothing fit. Really depressing. I did buy some new makeup, purse and got a new short haircut. I guess just looking for something to make me feel pretty.

Stevi-I love your pics! The each show a different side!

Sunni-Congrats on the HUGE walk! That is great that you have someone to walk with and keep you going. Have fun on your Virginia vacation. I'm going to Kansas City on Thursday to help a friend with some home improvements. It should be fun. It should also be easy to stay on plan since my friend has been doing low sugar for over a year now. Atleast we will be on the same page!

Lady-congrats on the weightloss! :cp: Sounds like you have a good pan in place for your trip. Hope you have fun!

Ally-I gotta say your typing.with.dots.thing.really.has.laughing! I'm sure its no fun for you but keyboards are pretty cheap so maybe you will have relief soon!

Ok....so my exercise goal for the day is......:ebike: Get on my stationary bike and just ride! The sad part is I have a treadmill, stationary bike, stability ball, all in one gyms (resistance weights, etc.) and even a space for it all to go in, complete with T.V. and music. So what is MY problem? :shrug:

Have a great day...stay with your plan....and have fun!

Angel33
07-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Happy Monday Ladies,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was fantastic. My parents took my daughter for the weekend and my hubby and I spent some much needed time together. We had been going through kind of a funky time and we needed to really sit down and talk some things over. It was probally one of the best conversations that I have had with my hubby in 15 years.
Which is great, I think that we all know this whole weight loss process is even harder when you have additional stress surronding you. I acutally feel refreshed and am ready to keep pushing forward. Onward to creating the new me.

magdie-Ah, the dreaded shopping experiences, I can totally relate. Glad everything seemed to work out. Glad you had a good time at the concert and the wedding.

ladynredd-Congrats on the weightloss

Sunnigummi-Sounds like you did a great job on the eating and exercise. WTG, keep up the good work. So glad the loss is official

Ally-How frustrated is that. Took me a few minutes to get used to reading your posts with all of the dots.

maggers65-Welcome

Stevi-Sound like you had a blast this weekend. I too had a lil hangover yesterday. Luckily my parents had my daughter and hubby let me sleep in.

mama2a&c-Hang in there, it does sound like you're off to a great start today. I would agree that you need to do this for you. I felt like I had to learn that as well. I had to learn that no one could make me exercise and no one could decide what I was going to put in my body except for me. It may help to post your goals here, so that you feel accountable. I tell you being on 3FC has helped me a lot.

Talk to you all soon.

magdie
07-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Angel, I had the same situation with my husband. We do talk a lot, but last night we had this great conversation and I feel so good and happy that we could talk some things over.
It's very hard to work on yourself and on developing healthy habits if there are some problems with your closest relationships. I'm an emotional eater and when there is some tension or problems in my marriage, it's so easy for me to binge and overeat. I just can't fully focus on myself and taking care of myself.
Our conversation last night left me feeling very motivated to keep going. I know I have all the support I need from him.

fitgal2
07-10-2006, 01:01 PM
OMG I am terrible ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I soo have not been keeping up with everyone...I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off!!!! ugh!!! sorry!!! I have been bust but have been sticking to my plan and exercising...went to the gym and for a walk yesterday. to day I hit the pool for some laps...did 30 mins then went to the gym...

AND...its a monsoon here right now!!!! LOL

so just reading this last page seems like everyone is doing OK! :cheer:

stevi~ glad that you had a good practice, and good work on the 3.3 miles!! :carrot:

Alley~~ I could not help but laugh when I read your posts...that dot really thows one for a loop...:lol: oh and here :kickbutt:

lady~~ yeah for teh losss WEEEEE :jig:... I am jealous that you are going on vacation..I wanna go :tantrum: oh and whats "imitation crab?"

Sunni~~ WOW that painting sounds fabulous!!! great job on the weight loss yay for 164!!!! :whoo:

magdie~~ I LOVE NIN!!!! how was the concert!!!! I had the same experienc as you with the wedding a couple of weeks ago...sooo not fun...but I ended up finding "something" and enjoyed myself st the wedding...good work on passing the sweets (I didn't :blush:) but I danced it all off i think...lol

mama~~ glad to hear the start of your day went well, I find that if I have a good morning, I usually want to stay on plan for the rest of the day....as for motivation, what kind of activites did you used to do as a kid??? maybe tapping into some of thos activites will help get you motivated??? for me I have to forcemyself to GO, but once I am out and done the first 5 mins I am ok...
angel~~ gald to hear that you and your hubby got the time you need! I find that this whol weight thing is harder when my SO and I are not "on the same page"...

judee18709
07-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I would like to join you guys on losing weight, Hi i'm judee and i'm 21 with a one yr old son. I lost the weight before by using this website as a support tool, but I am at my all time highest.

sw-272.5
cw-260.0
gw- 175

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar055/cartoonstar01/lb/272.5/175/260.0/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Angel33
07-10-2006, 01:49 PM
:welcome2: Judee

Of course you can join us.
The more the merrier.

Best of luck on your weight loss journey. We're all here to help!

allymaehey
07-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Hey.everyone.thanks.for.putting.up.with.my.dots.I. might.be.able.to.get.a.keyboard.this.evening.from. my.hubby's.lil'sis.i'll.talk.more.later.then.cause .this.is.driving.me.crazy!

Stevi-rocks
07-10-2006, 04:52 PM
I tryed this a lil earlier and it disappeared. Prolly good my mood is better now. TOM is here and my head is splitting. Scale says I'm up 2 lbs. Great. Its the 1st time its shown a gain, ususally just no loss about this time. I seriously don't know what else to do. 2 lbs in three weeks in not cuttin' it.

Magdie~ I was referring to the exercise. I suppose your range is always there. Its just alot harder to use if your breathing isn't good. Great job on the elipical.
Judee~ Welcome!!
Ladynredd~ Yay! I'm so jealous!
Sunny~ CAn't wait to see it!
Ally~ Your.killin.me.:D

rebelridergirl
07-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well, I "officially" started the challenge today. I have been counting calories and so far so good! I need to total it all on fitday, though.

Stevi- I always weigh a little more when I drink alcohol. It's just poison for me in terms of weight loss, which stinks. Flush your system out with tons of water and you'll be ok!

Magdie, Judee, Ladynredd, Sunny, Ally- Hi!!

Sunnigummi
07-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi Rebel and Judee!!! :wave:

Here's my colorful welcome...
:balloons: :welcome: :balloons:

Hahaha...glad you guys are here. I love this thread - I really like everyone here! :)

teahoney
07-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Stevi - My daughter, she is three, loves looking at your son. Every time she sees his pic she just starts a giggling and a giggling.

allymaehey
07-11-2006, 01:09 AM
ok.i.still.have.my.dots,however.i'm.going.to.start .exercising.and.dieting.starting.on.the.17th.....t hat's.when.i.get.back.from.women's.retreat.at.a.ch ristian.camp.and.if.any.of.yous.heard.of.one,try.i t!I.have.so.much.fun.however,it.is.a.baptist.churc h.so.they.are.a.bit.more.laid.back.and.you.can.att end.whatever.you.want.w/o.pressure.so.i.figured.i.would.start.after.a.nice .spiritual.vacation;like.a.fresh.new.start.blessin gs.to.all.of.u.and.i'll.try.to.get.that.keyboard.. ...........

Angel33
07-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Well girls, weigh in day was today and it wasn't pretty. I had a one pound gain. URGHHHHHHHH. This is the first time in 5 months that I had a gain. Needless to say I'm a little frustrated. No a lot frustrated.:tantrum: Okay, Okay, my temper tantrum is over. Wow is this so incredibly hard. I knew losing weight wouldn't be easy but sometimes I just feel like throwing in the towel. Sorry for whinning, I'm just a lil bummed out today.

Ally-Hope you have a great time on your retreat. And don't worry about the dots I'm kinda used to it now. :)

Stevi-I know how you feel girl. Hang in there I know we can both get through this bump in the road. Let's just take a deep breath, refocus and keep plugging along.
Hey question for you. I am thinking about posting some pictures, what is the easiest way to do this. The pictures are on a CD right now, I just don't know how to put them on the computer and then post them here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe it would make me feel a little better to share some photos. I don't know.

Rebel-Good for you for officially starting the challenge today, Good Luck!!

Hope everyone else is having a fantastic day.

Talk to you all later.

Sunnigummi
07-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey Angel - sorry to hear about your weigh - in. Just keep chugging. I just got out of my 3.5 week plateau so believe me, I KNOW how irritating the scale can be and since I didn't lose any inches which got me super bummed.

Here's some :hug:, hope you feel better! :)

Stevi-rocks
07-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Hey ladies!:hug:
I had a terrible day yesterday and then it got worse. Never fear I'm doing great today!:carrot: I'm pretty sure I was still really dehyrated yesterday due to all the sweating in rehearsal on Sun...Like a pig I say! My head was spliting yest but I feel really good today after 5 liters of water yest!! As my day progressed yest I ended up in a huge fight with my older sister. She had it comin' but that doesn't ease the pain of losing her. I usually keep my mouth shut because I know she will just dump me if I say something she doesn't like... and well, after she's called me every name in the book....I posted the details in the journal forum. Thats whats so wonderful though. The responses I got where absolutley heart warming and moved me a great deal. :grouphug: This place can be so amazing, I am grateful for it.
Tracey~ That is the sweetest thing...Tell her Logan gives her BIG (((HUGS)))):hug:
Angel~ After yesterday I am very modivated! I feel sooo much better! We'll do it together...."WONDER TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE!!! In the form of a skinny chick!!!" lol On my computer I can insert the disk and it automatically reads it and then I choose which program to save it with...I like photo manager. BUT There is the occassion that my DH takes 35 mil pics and gets the kodak disc this has to be manually run ( under run in your Start panel as H yeah just H) other wise it will just show you a slideshow as read only. Hope that helps!
Rebel~ POISON, Perfect word. I won't be doing that again...prolly ever! I log on Fitday too.
Ally~ I've always wanted to go on a spirtual retreat. I'm not very active in the church and all of my DH family are Catholic....fun bunch (no offense)
Sunni~ OoOoooOOooo Pretty.....:balloons:

magdie
07-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Hey Ladies!

Stevi - sorry to hear about the argument with your sister. Hopefully you are better today! That's a lot of water you're drinking! Good for you!

Angel - don't worry! 1 pound is nothing and it's normal to go up and down - totally no worries! You are doing great...but then I know how frustrating it is...

I had a pretty good yesterday. I went to the gym after work only to find out that my membership expired and I can't workout until I renew. It got me a little upset because I've been going there on and off for two years and I'm going to renew ASAP but what do they care. So I drove home...and had some frozen yogurt on the way back... Luckily it didn't turn into a binge and I still stayed within my calorie limit.
I'm doing well today. I need to drink more H2O but other than that I'm doning OK.

Take care everyone and good luck!

Angel33
07-11-2006, 02:03 PM
So here it goes. Not sure if you will be able to see these but I'll give it a shot.
Sorry they are so small. It's the only way I could get it to work.
So anyways. This is me!
The first picture was at my cousins wedding in March(233). The second was on mother's day(220) and the last one was on 7-8-06 (211).
Now you can put a face with a name. Who's next???
Believe me it took a lot of nerve to be able to do this and a lot of time trying to find pictures of myself. I don't particularlly like the camera but I'm getting better.

allymaehey
07-11-2006, 03:09 PM
hello.everyone!
Angel-you're.doing.great!don't.worry.it's.impossibleto.N OT.lose.weight.if.you.keep.dieting.and.exercising. :)
Stevi-you.should.so.totally.try.to.go.if.you.feel.comfor table!if.u.didn't.live.so.far,i'd.invite.ya.to.com e.to.here:)
take.care.everyone!

magdie
07-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Angel, you lost a lot of weight! You look so good now! What a difference! CONGRATULATIONS and keep going!

Sunnigummi
07-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Angel, you look great in your latest pic! But I have to say, your middle pic (I think the 220 one?) is where I think you look the cutest!!! You have a great smile.

I won't leave you hanging I'll put up some pics of me too... :)

allymaehey
07-11-2006, 06:59 PM
hey.i.had.a.?...is.there.anyway.we.can.make.our.ow n.page.kinda.like.myspace.but.it.can.be.viewed.her e.only.by.3fc.members?that.way.we.could.post.our.p ics.and.sigs.and.all.that.too...what.do.you.guys.t hink?

Stevi-rocks
07-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Angel is purty:)

allymaehey
07-11-2006, 09:45 PM
http://allymaehey.blogspot.com/

Sunnigummi
07-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Your dog is super cute!

So how's everyone doing today? Me, not so good. My experiments lately have been tanking and it's either my ineptitude or random. I think I get equally ticked at myself for both. Hm. Going to try another one this afternoon and see if that helps any.

BTW, I lost a lb last week but my inches aren't budging at all. I measure my neck, thigh, arm, waist and hips. My waist fluctuates like an inch up and down and it's really frustrating. My hips have changes maybe 1/8" this whole time. I don't know what to do about it anymore and frankly I'm starting to not care about inches. I guess it might have something to do with measuring every other day to see if there's a difference. *sigh*

magdie
07-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi,

Ally - Your kids are so cute! Beautiful! What are their names?
Sunni - Don't worry about your inches! You are doing fine!

I have a cold or something and I feel really pooped. I barely made it to work today and it's only 9 am and I can't believe I have to stay here until 5. I wish I were in my bed and drinking tea with lemon. I'm a whiner, but it helps

Good News! I LOST 3 POUNDS! I wasn't going to weigh myself until Sunday because it's TOM, but I stepped on the scale and there it was: 212

I'm very happy and motivated. On the other hand I've been 212 about 3 weeks ago and then I quickly gained back so this time I need to stay focused.

Good Luck to everyone!

Sunnigummi
07-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Good job Magdie!!! :) Here's a carrot for you! :carrot:

Honestly, the carrot is starting to grate. Maybe I'm just in a sour mood.

:mad: Anyway, hope that doesn't deter anyone else from chiming in! :)

Curves4Life
07-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Good job!

Angel33
07-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm ok, I have really been struggling with my eating the last 3 days. I am so super hungry for some reason. I need to get a handle on this before it gets out of control.
On the good side I did get a new exercise video in the mail yesterday, so I hope changing things up again will restart a loss. I bought Kathy Smith's-Project You. So far what I've seen of it, I like it. There are 8 different workouts so hopefully the variety will keep me interested.

Ally-Thanks for sharing the pics

Sunni-Cheer up!:hug: I'm with you on the whole inches thing. I took my measurements for a while and only got frustrated,so I stopped. Now I just stick to tracking my weight on Tuesday's.

Magdie-WTG on the weight loss. Hope you feel better.

Has anyone seen any posts or heard from Jaya lately? If you're out there Jaya we miss you and hope to chat soon.

allymaehey
07-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey.everyone!!...Thanks.for.visiting.my.blog!....

Sunni-quit.torturing.yourself!lol...it's.the.measuring.t hing..you.can.best.tell.by.how.your.clothes.fit.ma ybe.that.would.be.better...:)

Magdie-sorry.to.hear.you're.sick...pre-natal.vitamins.or.vitamin.c.are.good.to.take.when. you're.feeling.crummy.wtg.on.the.loss!!!:)

angel-i.start.grazin'.through.the.kitchen.now.and.then.. .it's.ok....lol..:)

Stevi-rocks
07-12-2006, 05:15 PM
I just had the WORST drive EVER! Took my eldset and a large group of friends to The Vans Warp Tour at Dodgers Statium. Downtown LA...Need I say more? Sat in one spot for 20 min. experienced 6 different merging lanes in all of 2 miles. Took 3 hours. I live 30 min away. But i got home in 25 min! And I'm not picking them up. I just felt sorry for my baby Logan stuck in that seat for so long. He did very well though.

Magdie~ 3 pounds...I remember losing weight like that! Congrats!
Ally~ No new keyboard after all?
Sunni~ Measuring is kinda funny, I do think its best to do it only every so often. My waist goes from 34 to 36 in the matter of a day.
Angel~ I'm so feelin' ya. Yest I gave in. I lost track of what I consumed. Mostly emotional and TOM which I hate that, makes me feel lame. I'm back today though! Gonna do protein shakes for the day to make up for yest and maybe kick start a loss!

Sunnigummi
07-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the support, guys, it's very very appreciated... :) :grouphug:

So I feel better now I think I was just in a funk because my experiments were not working and I was getting really frustrated. My afternoon one worked out great so that put me in a better mood. Hehe.

Stevi - sorry to hear about your LONG drive!!! Your lil' one is the best! :)

Angel - maybe eat snacks like bananas and apples? Those you can totally fill you up and without a lot of calories! I know it's frustrating though. When I go through my super hungry phases, I just want to eat anything in sight damned be the consequences! Hehehe...

rebelridergirl
07-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Hi everyone!

I have been so tired after work this week that I have just crashed on the couch instead of getting online. We've had several social events this week, so my dinner choices have not been terrific. Okay, but not as good as I need to be. I just have to keep going!

Sorry so short...I'm exhausted!

Sunnigummi
07-13-2006, 10:15 AM
You can do it, rebel! :)

Angel33
07-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Happy Friday Ladies!:carrot:

Anyone have any exciting plans for this weekend?

teahoney
07-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi ladies. I haven't been around the last few days. I've been super busy with doctor's appointments for my daughter. My feet are killing me right about now. I am so tired, I'm ready to conk out. Unfortunately, I have to go to a funeral first thing in the morning so I probably will be in bed soon. Or at least super relaxed.

luluandstina
07-17-2006, 12:49 AM
Hi! I am justing letting you know how happy I am to see another New Yorker here. I thought I was the only one. Here I am in the city that never sleeps and I am exhausted. Its nearly one and I have to be at my desk all perky and ready to work at 9.

Talk to you soon, I hope.

Christine

Stevi-rocks
07-17-2006, 02:42 AM
Ok, here's the latest.....MY PLATEAU IS OVER!!!! HOOT!! HOOT!! I offically weigh 222lbs this morning. I am stoked cuz thats the 40lb mark! I thought I'd never make it. I had to drink nothing but protein shakes for two days but it worked. Thats not all!! Today I started out for my walk and I don't know what came over me but I instantly started running! i have been working up to run a little, walk alot. I ran more than half of my 3.3 mile distance. Not all at once but the stretches are MUCH longer! And I wasn't dying! I've been exercising 6 weeks and its amazing how far you can come in such a short period. I can't wait to do a whole mile with out stopping! Tomorrow I am buying new "running" shoes and a MP3 player. I stole my son's iPod, it the 20G, and to big to strap to my arm...not to mention having to skip all the punk and crap on that thing..yuk! But it made my "run" soooo much better. See ya tomorrow!

Sunnigummi
07-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Awww stevi, that's great!!!:) Congrats on the weight loss! :carrot: Your avatar looks great BTW.

Soooooooooooooooooooo - I maintained my weight during my weekend vacay!!! WHOOT!!! I hope to lose a lb this week and round it out to a 10 lb loss.

Nothing else is new. Waiting to hear other people's news. :)

Angel33
07-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Happy Monday Everyone.

I am glad to say that after the horrible week I had last week, I feel like I'm back on track. I had an extremly relaxing weekend with hubby and daughter. I think we all needed that.
I feel totally refreshed and ready to move forward. It did really help that I got a lot of support from everyone here at 3FC last week. I got some really good advice on how to keep plugging along.
So I gain a pound last week. It's okay though. I am rareing to go and start losing again.

Stevi-So glad to hear that your plauteau is over. WOW! awesome job on the running. That's good that you're gonna treat yourself to some new shoes and a nano. Enjoy!

Sunni-WTG on maintaining.

Hope everyone else is having a great day so far.

magdie
07-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Happy Monday!

I was sick last week and haven't been writing. I stayed in bed Thursday and Friday and didn't do much on Sat and Sun. I did lose another 2 Ibs. :carrot: I have so much to do at work today and can't really write much but I'll check in later today.

Stevie : Great job! I wish I had the will power to start running. That's awesome! You look great in the new picture!

rebelridergirl
07-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Hello everyone...

Sorry I didnt post much last week but I was so ashamed of myself for making bad food choices. I really truly think that I'm finally ready to tackle my weight. Another depressing thing...I weigh LOTS more than when I last weighed in. Ughh. I need to put a new ticker up. I'm just really sure how to track it right now, though. By the challenge? Long term or both?

Stevi- Congratulations on breaking the plateau!

Sunnigummi- That's quite an accomplishment to maintain over vacation!

Angel- WTG on getting back on track!

Magdie- Hope you're feeling better.

I need to do some exercising, but it's so stinkin' hot here. I can't tolerate 107!

Have a good one!

Stevi-rocks
07-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Ok so the running thing......um, OUCH! My feet are killing me! Well mostly my left foot. I slept maybe 3 hours last night due to the throbbing. I finally got up and made a ice pack, slept a bit and had to take DS#1 to summer school and DS#2 was up for the day. I was a lil cranky. I did get alot of good info here about my foot pain problem, seems it is rather common and the cure is a reallly good pair of running shoes. I found a shop locally and plan to go maybe tomorrow if my ankle feels up to it (you have to run on a treadmill for some test.) I hate missing my exercise for the day...its MY time.

Rebel~ Don't fret and don't hide....I'll find you J/K...Just look the fat in the face and say NO MORE!!! This is MY body and I control it....Worked for me. Missed ya!
Magdie~ Sorry your so sick. That really sucks! I haven't been sick since last year.....When I was working. I'm usually sick 1 MAYBE 2 times a year, but due to the stress of a new promotion, I got sick 7 TIMES in 12 months. But I quit so Life rules.
Angel~ Sorry about your crappy week. Wanna talk about it? Glad you could relax w/ the family!
Sunni~ Great job on maintaining!!! WTG that rocks!!!

I have a Gig on Saturday, our first since my "maturnity leave" Should be a blast! If you wanna chk out my bands website go to wwwthecovertones.com.
Night!

Angel33
07-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Morning Everyone

Well this morning got off to a rocky start. It stormed really bad here last night and I woke up this morning with no power. What a pain! Hardest part was trying to explain to my 2 year old why she couldn't watch TV and why the house was dark. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon, its supposed to be hot and humid again today. YUK!

Magdie-Congrats on the loss and hope you feel better soon.

Rebel-Please don't hide, I had the same type of week last week and made some really bad food choices. The whole week was a wash for me. I will tell you that it was the people here that help me get through it. They all gave me the encouragement to keep plugging along. So don't ever feel like you can't share, good, bad or otherwise. You can do this, we all can!

Stevi-Hope your foot gets to feeling better. Hopefully the new shoes will make a big difference. How excited are you about your first gig back? That just sounds so cool. I'm gonna check out the website later.

Hope eveyone else is having a great day.
Talk to you soon.

magdie
07-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Hello Ladies,

Thanks for your get better wishes! I'm doing much better today even though I haven't slept in two nights because of the terrible cough that keeps me up. My diet is going well. I haven't exercised in a week and I feel bad about that. I'm upset and I wish I felt stronger and got over my cold already. I know it's probably not good, but I'm getting mad at myself for not exercising...even if I'm sick. I think I'm being to harsh on myself, but I can't help. I'm eating well but that doesn't feel like it's enoguh.

Stevi - I checked out your band's website. You look awesome! Did you grow up in Downey? My husband lived there until he was 33. Where is this place you're performing at? The Stardust? I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it, but I will do my best.

Rebel - I'm so glad you are back. And you sound like you're ready - so glad to hear that!

Angel - I envy you the storm (not the lack of energy though) It's so hot in CA and our AC broke a week ago...just when we need it most. Rain sounds good!

Take care Everyone!

Sunnigummi
07-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Magdie - you'll be up and running in no time! Give your body a chance to heal now before you whip it into shape soon! :)

Stevi - saw your band's site, very kewl! Good luck to you and your bandmates for your performance! :)

anirtak
07-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Okay, I am in this one too. I have been on a low sugar low carb diet for 3 weeks and I have lost 5pds. I am just starting out and I think the support of all you nice ladies will help. I've done the soup cans, that is so funny!!! I am also dancing and rockin out to Supernova (I look really stupid), I find dancing a better outlet. Anyway here is my "now" pic. http://C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Email or Web\momandboys3 Medium Web view.jpg I will do the measurement thing too, that is a great idea. I haven't inserted a pic before so my apologies if this doesn't work. http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro3/fireworks01/lb/220/145/215/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)
Thanks Jayagoddess.

Kansas Girl..

Sunnigummi
07-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi Anirtak. The pic is not showing up for me. I don't know if this is how you do it but you click on the paperclip in the icons above the message window and browse for your file. Make sure it's not too big or a different file type than listed (although they have everything on there...) and you should be good to go.

It could mean that my comp sux in which case, nevermind. :)

anirtak
07-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Okay the pic is my avatar, since I am not computer savvy enough to figure this out. Its one of the only pics I have but I will try and get a better one that shows off all my curves (aka fat) ha ha.

magdie
07-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Welcome Anirtak! I think this is a great group! I really appreciate all the support I get here. :hug: Congratulations on the lost weight.

Sunni - Thanks for that. I really needed to hear that it's OK to take a break from exercise.

My day is going well. :carrot: I'm eating healthy and have a very positive attitude.

Thanks again and good luck to you all.

allymaehey
07-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Hello everyone!! I went to women's camp with some friends and had a blast!! However, I weighed myself and found out that i'm at 167.4 OUCH!!! i thought i was 160. lol. Totally bumbed, gotta quit the pepsi. Gotta put the treadmill back in the livingroom too. Great job Stevi! And my ac completely ruined half of the outlets in my livingroom. SO the only way i can watch tv is with an extension cord. HA. its beenhot too... i'm also gonna post up some pics on my blog, if anyone is interested. ttys!

allymaehey
07-18-2006, 07:04 PM
http://allymaehey.blogspot.com/

allymaehey
07-18-2006, 07:42 PM
I just checked out your website, Stevi and it looks like you guys are havin a blast! Hope you make it big!!!

anirtak
07-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Looks like you just had a baby not too long ago, don't sweat it. I just returned from a trip to Oregon, great blueberries in Oregon!

Stevi-rocks
07-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Ok so, after nearly dying in pain the majority of today:faint: ...I'm feeling much better. OH No!! not the foot thing, that would be too easy! I got a new and improved gut wrentching abdominal pain this morning that resulted in ALOT of time in the potty (I know TMI) Wasted my ENTIRE day! It was the protein shakes 3x an day for 2 days to break my plateau....Ugg, never doing THAT again!( Well, unless I plateau again!:dizzy: )

Madgie~ I didn't realize you live here WITH me!:hug: We live in Huntington Beach but the studio is in Downey in my guitarists back house. DH was born and raised there, his family still lives there. They prolly KNOW each other....OoOoOoOooo! Stardust is in Downey.
Bridgit~ We are a Coverband, we do it for $h!ts and giggles.:o Well we do get paid too. Cute kiddies. sorry about your miscalulation (sounds better)
Gummi~ I find if I take off a day, sometimes two, here and there I come back even stronger! I did'nt have a choice today or yest. I'm so gonna tear it up tomorrow!:ebike:
Anirtak~:welcome2:

JAYAGODDESS
07-19-2006, 03:30 AM
Hello all remember me.... Jaya here, I am so happy that this forum is still going...I have not left you all...I have been going through a rough rollercoaster ride ever. I was let from my job of 5 years... :?: Why Me...I have a car payment, car insurance, and I was so strung out..and I just didnt want to get you all in the mood of sadness because I cried .....I gained weight ...I cried even more....what I should have done was come on here when this was all happening....:cool: But the power of posititave energy I didnt want to ever drain....I am so happy for all of you ...!!!! It is so awesome you all rock, and for the people have joined and have not chatted with me .....I sowwy...I wont let it happen again ....The more the marrier I say .....I did get a job though ladies....I am so stoked and worked out the car and car insurance situation .....so I am good...but now I have to get back in gear here and drop some of these stress pounds I added to my weight. I was let see at 216 now I am at 219.5 to be exact. I miss you all and I am done screaming like my sisters cat here below...I hope you get kick out of this photo...it made me laugh....I also would like to say it is good to be back....!!!! I missed your gals !!!!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/JAYAGODDESS/queeny.jpg

Cheers~
Live Love Give

Sunnigummi
07-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Yay JAYA's back!!! We were wondering where you were. I'm glad you got another job, that's great! We need to kick each other's butt because I haven't been to the gym in FOREVER. For a week and a half I was good about exercising (gym) after work and didn't think it was hard to motivate myself and the minute I'm having a bad workday, I just want to go home and sleep or watch tv. *sigh* Anyway, that's about to change. Told myself no way no how am I NOT going to the gym today. That's it. Gotta go. Whoot!
Heyyyyyyy...I have some sorta good news! I was apartment searching yesterday and I found one that's a perfect distance for both my sis and me and we're going to look at it on Sunday! It's so great - on paper it seems like everything we could want but I really hope it's good when we get there. That's what I'm scared of right now. I calculated my share of the rent and my own bills that I have to pay and with EVERYTHING, I pay $853 a mo!!! That's UNBELIEVABLE! I always thought moving into an apt would be uber expensive (that's why I'm in a dorm WITHOUT A/C right now). It's driving me crazy. The laundry is two houses away, the kitchen is in the basement, there's NO A/C and I'm roasting here...and a buttload of other problems so I just want to leave. So yeah! YAY for le apartments!!! :D

teahoney
07-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Jaya! I was wondering what had happened to you. Glad you were able to find a new job. Good for you.

I haven't been around for a while. Between a busy weekend and a horrid heatwave, I haven't been online much. Hope everyone is doing okay.

Stevi-rocks
07-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Ok good, Our fearless leader found her way back to us...How's about starting a new thread? This one is getting WAY LONG!! We can call it "Java's 12 week no sugar challenge" or something like that... Any thoughts? This one is going to get into the 20's soon.

magdie
07-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Good Morning!

I woke up today feeling all good and happy. I stepped on the scale and saw 212 again! :( I'm trying not to let this discourage me and I'm not going to channge my tickler. I was 210 just on Sunday and I've been eating great lately. Maybe it's just a normal thing to gain a couple of pounds...water retention...:^: Anyway, I can't let this bother me! But I have to get myself into the gym! Sunni, I feel exactly like you. If I have a bad day at work or if I don't feel too great about myself, I just want to go home and 'hide' and wait for the day to be over. I have to go to the gym! I haven't been exercising for over a week (I WAS sick for part of it) but I'm going back today!

Stevi - I lived on Brookhurst and Adams for 4 years before I moved to Orange. How small is this world. I'll try to make it to Stardust, if not this weekend the next time you're there.

Jaya - sorry about your recent difficulties. I'm glad to hear you're all better and with us again! I love reading your postings - please don't dissappear again.

Sunni - I'm glad to hear about the apartment. Good luck with that - hope it all workes out. I'll be thinking about you when I sweat at the gym tonight - WE have to do it!

We are doing great! Keep it up girls!

Angel33
07-19-2006, 12:05 PM
:carrot: Yeah, Jaya is back. We all missed you. Glad to hear things are working out for you.
I agree with Stevi, we should start a new thread. Plus for some reason the last 2 days I have been having trouble finding this one. It hasn't been alerting me of any new posts. Anyways.

Tracey-Glad to see you back around here too. Have seen you much lately. Hope all is well.

Sunni-Good luck on the apartment. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Magdie-Glad you're feeling better.

anirtak-Welcome.

Bridget-I checked out the pics, looks like you had a great time.

magdie
07-19-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm SUCH a loser! I'm feeling tired and a little frustrated today so what do I do? You got it - I eat! I'm so mad at myself now. Actually, I'm not sure if I'm mad. Most of all I want more sugar! :(
I was doing so well and I really slipped today. I had two donuts, 10 Oreo cookies and some chocolate candy. I'm afraid to leave work because I'm afraid I'll stop on the way home have some more junk! :mad: I haven't had any fast food in a while and it sounds so good right now.
I just need to calm myself down and stop myself from binging. I've had my sugar and that's enough. I have to think good thoughts...Help!

I guess I'm not going to the gym tonight - somehow I don't feel like it now.

Sorry for whining! Hope tomorrow is better!

Sunnigummi
07-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Magggggddddiiiiieeeee... :tantrum: Goooo toooooo ttthhhhheeeee gggyyyyyymmmm... :)

Seriously, and I know this is ME speaking but if you just make yourself go you'll feel better even if you walk briskly (don't know what you normally do) for 30 mins you have done something and you'll feel better.

I know what you mean about gorging. Ugh. I don't want to talk about a trigger but I ate 900 cals over my regular food (calculated from the pack - I ate the whole pack). Yeah. So I told myself "You better get yourself to the gym and do SOMETHING" and today wouldn't you know it (I work with rats) and my allergies were through the roof! Sneezing like you wouldn't believe and I felt so sick but I told myself "remember those 900 cals you have to burn something!" so I forced myself to go. Trust me, I didn't want to AT ALL. Sometimes you have to kick your own ***.

Don't mean to sound harsh - just thought you might want a push for someone who cares about you. :)

magdie
07-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Sunni, I wish I had read your posting last night. It would have motivated me to go to the gym. Instead I read a book at home and had a PB&J sandwich for dinner :(
Thanks for your help. Even though I'm not doing so great today and not really eating the way I should be eating, I feel much better than I did yesterday. It was just a bad day and there is no point in crying over it. Today is a new day and I'm taking care of myself and my body. If I don't feel like going to the gym, I'll at least go for a walk in the evening.

Thanks again Sunni! Good job on going to the gym!

Sunnigummi
07-20-2006, 05:13 PM
No probs, Magdie...Just don't want you thinking I hate you and I'm picking on you or something... :p ;) That's really great that you can go to the gym after not going one day. I'm the opposite. If I miss one day, the rest of that week is shot. Bah.

How's everyone else? Haven't heard from you guys in a while now...
Stevi - how'd your gig go? Or is my asking too early?
Angel - how've you been?
Jaya - how's the new job going?
Fitgirl - You haven't been here much - everything good? :)

Angel33
07-21-2006, 08:14 AM
Finally, It's Friday.
Good Morning Ladies. It's been a crazy busy week at work. Things have been pretty slow the last two months, but I just got assigned a new project and things aren't going as smooth as I had hoped. On top of being busy at work, my 2.5 yr old is sick and my step-mom's father passed away this week. Blah!!!
Despite everything going on, I have had a great week diet wise. I have worked out everyday this week and kept within my calorie allowance.

Magdie and Sunni- Here's a little :dust: to keep you guys going to the gym. I sometimes wish I had the luxury of going to the gym, but with a little one at home and a very demanding job it makes it tough.

Hope eveyone else is doing well.
Talk to you all later.

Stevi-rocks
07-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Hello!
I Un-froze my gym membership last night as I went with my BF. 1 1/2 hours of sweating my @$$ off. Remind me not to eat Garlic chicken before a sweaty workout....~~SMELLLLLY!!!~~~ Fooochy!~~I kept asking BF if she could smell me ( swear I was gonna GAG!) She said all she could only smell was herself..Ha! K I'm offically gross. I really thought I'd be sore cuz of the new muscle groups I used but not really. However, I did get to wear my new running shoes (new balance) and my feet still hurt, only not as bad as before but in a whole new spot! I'm gonna get over there 2-3times a week I think. By myself is better though, I won't feel rushed. I got my new jogging stroller as well yest...( I already warned DH I spent quite a bit!!) Oh yeah AND iPod shuffle...heh heh..Then there's the jogging bra that cost nearly as much as the shoes!!! OMG!:o

Sunni~My Gig is TOMORROW night. I'm still trying to figure out what to wear.:)
Magdie~ Do not fret, its just a lil low point. "This too shall pass"...~Yoda?:dizzy:
Angel~ Sorry about all the craziness! "When it rains it pours"...~Moses?:D

Angel33
07-21-2006, 01:42 PM
WTG Stevi on getting your gym membership back.
And wow, you want on a real shopping spree. Knowing how much money you have spent to continue your running should give you the motivation to keep doing it. I know it would for me.

:goodluck: Best of luck on your gig tomorrow night. I know you'll be great. You'll have to share pics.

Stevi-rocks
07-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Here's the new "DO"
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Biteitalready/hair2.jpgand http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Biteitalready/Hair1.jpg

Angel~ Yeah, talk about INCENTIVE. He'd kill me if I just up and dropped it!

Angel33
07-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Stevi-the new do is HOT!!!:flame:
Before I started letting my hair grow out it was really short, spiky,wild and it was the same black and red. I love those colors together.
It looks awesome.

ssgtswife33
07-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Stevi~ That is a hot new do!!! Very flattering cut!!!

rebelridergirl
07-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Wow! Awesome 'do, Stevi...looks HOT!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was very laid back. We stayed home most of the time and just relaxed.

I realized today that my brother's wedding (my motivation for weight loss) is in exactly 2 months. Uggghhh!!! I gotta get my gelatinous butt in speed mode!

Stevi-rocks
07-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Hey chickies!!
The Gig was fabulous! we had our issues but no one knew but us. I'll post pics aas soon as I get the discs back. I was super lazy today. Yest just flat wore me out. I'm hittin' the gym tomorrow with my BF. So that'll be fun. Hope everyone is doin' good!

Sunnigummi
07-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Stevi - love the 'do and glad to know that your gig went went well. I'm sure it was great! :)

My sis and I looked at the apartment and we LOVED it! Of course we looked at three others and we were like "eh" so this one was definitely a winner for the price and the spaciousness. :) Today I'm leaving early so I can hand in all the stuff with my sis and reserve it for us YAY!

Angel33
07-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Happy Monday Girls!
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Stevi-So glad the gig went well. Can't wait to see pics.

Sunni-That's awesome about the apartment. You sound so excited.

Gotta run, its crazy at work today. I'll try to check in later.

ladynredd
07-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Checking in quickly -- I'm back from the trip to California, still unpacking and adjusting to the change in time zones but the worst of the jetlag is over. I did bring home a few more pounds than I left with but all but one has been disposed of and I feel confident that a week from now I'll be below my pre-trip weight. While gone my eating wasn't perfect by any means; my kids eat out basically every night and I hadn't planned on quite *that* much restaurant dining but I did much, much better than the last trip!

I too am thinking of changing my hairdo -- saw Emma Thompson being interviewed while gone and she looked super!! Very slim and a new (more) blonde fringy 'do. Wish I could find a good picture of it as I want to show my hair lady but for now I'm starting to feel the urge to let mine grow again. I've had it pretty short for about 5 years now.

All for me, I guess -- I have about 20 pages of documents to print out, sign, get notarized and take to Kinko's for faxing. I really dislike paperwork of this sort and always procrastinate but must get this done or paychecks will not be forthcoming. Now [B]that[B] motivates me to get it done!

magdie
07-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Good Morning!

My weekend was OK. The heat was really bad in OC and I think I got dehadrated as I was sick all weekend long and it was not fun. Sometimes I just forget to drink and when it gets hot like that it's not a good thing! So my hubby last night was pouring water into me and i'm feeling much better today. I didn't eat much during the weekend, I'm still at 212 though and I motivated to lose this week.

Stevie - You look unbelievable! This look really works for you! I'm so glad you had a good time on Sat.
Sunni - I'm very glad you liked the apartment! When will you be moving?

I'm glad to be at work this morning - at least the A/C works here. Our A/C at home broke a few weeks ago and we're in the process of getting an estimate on changing it to a new model. The one we have now is from the 70s. In the meantime we got the portable air cooler for the bedroom this weekend. I don't like the way it looks (with the two hoses going out the window) and it makes so much noice I have to sleep with the ear plugs in! But at least it's a little cooler.

Have a good day everyone!

brooke26
07-24-2006, 08:46 PM
I'll join this....I've got to rededicate myself to SOMETHING....I want to be 170 by September 30- that's our moving day....this is going to be a great motivation

luluandstina
07-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Brooke, you can do it! Stevie, your hair looks awesome....I wish I could do that to my hair, I have chronic bedhead! Sunni congrats on the apartment, good luck with the move. Ladyinredd, I am going to Miami for some needed rest on Aug. 2...I have no idea how much I am going to put on-but I am going to LIVE IT UP! Its a lot of work posting to all of you...and here I am sitting at my desk with a billion things to complete before I go away. When I get back, the students will follow close behind, arriving the following week. On top of that I have my own finals to take this week and next. Tuesday I promised to take my princess to spend the day out, but I just found out that I have a final that day...so time to pull out my supermom hat. Be well....

Stevi-rocks
07-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Bueno Dias all,
Got to the gym yesterday and had a disapointing work out. I was really looking forward to it but with all the stress on my feet from the weekend and not being completely healed from the running, my right foot was really hurting me. I could walk no faster than 3.5 mph and could only go 2 miles. I focused on the weight training for an hour or so. I was looking forward to that rush you get when your cardio is challenging....but whatever. God I hate my flat feet. I have no choice but to take it easy today other wise this could go on for days. I have a new jogging stroller I haven't used!!!!:tantrum: Today was the day! I know I need to be patient.

Sunni~ I'm so happy for you!! Finding a good place to live can be a nightmare!
Donna~ oOOOoo Do it! Sounds fabulous! Glad you trip was good. Post pics of the new do!
Lulu~ Thanks! Chronic bedhead....you funny!:lol:
Brooke~ Welcome!:balloons:
Magdie~ Yeah...lets me and you talk about this heat wave thing going on here....I'm not pleased.:flame: I'm gonna have to have a conversation with the weather people. We don't DO hot here!!! ;) Hope your A/C gets fixed soon!
~~Thanks :drill: SGTwife and Rebelgirl! I like it too. It was a hit at the Gig...however, I did have a few people say I looked punkish...hmm...34 and punk. Oh Rebelgirl here.....:kickbutt: Though you could use that, you only have 2 months!

Rosario
07-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Sorry!! I juts had to butt in and say something really quick...

Stevi-I love your new avatar. love the new hair and the make-up rocks!! You're gorgeous!!!!

that's all. you guys may continue lol!!!

rebelridergirl
07-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the kick Stevi. I sure feel it!:p

I'm doing decent this week so far. I haven't weighed since last week. The stupid scale really messes with my head, so I'm just going to stick to plan for 2 or 3 weeks and then see if I've made any progess. I talked with Dh tonight about if I ever get to my goal weight that I'd really like some cosmetic work done with the loose skin and he said that whatever makes me happy! Yeah! I also told him I'd like some new boobies as well ;) !

Hope everyone's staying cool!

Angel33
07-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Rebel-I can relate to the whole scale thing. It's driving me crazy. I think I'm getting a little obsessed. Also its funny, my hubby and I had the same conversation a few weeks ago about new boobies. He was shocked to know that I was interested in that at all. I said I would have to wait until I hit my goal weight and see if I still feel the same way.

Stevi-Hope those feet of yours start feeling better. What a bummer. Just take it slow and easy. You don't want to be totally out of commission.

luluandstina-Your trip sounds fun and you're right you should LIVE IT UP! You deserve it. :beach:

brooke26-Welcome!:welcome2:

magdie-Hope you're still surviving the heat. Is you AC working yet?

ladynredd-I say go for it and get a new hairdo. I think Stevi has inspired me to also make a hairstyle change in the near future. Just not sure what I want yet. I have had short hair for so long and for the past 8 months I have been trying to let it grow out. We'll see.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far.
Talk to you soon.

JAYAGODDESS
07-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey you gals…I got my power back…we have been with out power for like 4 days…aarrggg..so I thought you know I will see if I can go online at work..because I missed you all…and I hate not being able to participate in our support group. How is everyone doing ? I went for my morning walk on my break…the weather here has been too hot to walk during my lunchtime…so at 10:00 am I go in the morning..tomorrow I will have my camera with me so I can start posting pictures for you all..I hope all is well…I will go on here sometime after lunch…((hugs))

Angel33
07-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey Jaya, glad to hear you're doing okay. We miss you too.
Good for you for walking. I think the heat is hard on a lot of us.

Hope everyone is having a great day. It's been pretty quiet around here lately.
Everyone alright?

Stevi-rocks
07-27-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm HERE!!!
Baby logan had his shots yest and has been relatively "high maintenance" since. His fever did not spike until last night and surpirsingly made him a lilttle goofy...it was cute...now he's just fussy. Prolly cuz he was up so much last night and isn't sleeping well today either. I haven't gone to exercise in 2 days...I'm going today. My foot feels 100% better. I just hope and pray I don't re-irritate it. Funny thing about the new boobies. I had already discussed this with DH and he was very supportive. I was joking around with him pulling the skin saying.."look, Honey!!" his response was " if you ever want to have "quality private time" again you'll stop doing that. I still think its funny!! Sorry if TMI. Anywho, I quit my job just recently and have recieved all my vestment plans to exercise info in the mail. I chose to cash out my 401K and exercise my options to pay off some bills....DH told me to keep whatever I need for the surgery! What a sweetie...I hadn't even thought of it. Geuss it REALLY grossed him out eh???:D

rebelridergirl
07-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Hi everyone!

Today has been totally exhausting. I'm on my way to get a shower and then bed, but I just wanted to stop in and say hi! Hope everyone has a great Friday!

JAYAGODDESS
07-28-2006, 12:47 PM
So far my friday is good. I am going to go for my walk in like 15 minutes on my break. I started something new...and it is sooooooooo tough..I am makingh sure that I dont eat dinner after 7:00pm and it is hard...I think it will help me keep away from doing the emotional eating. If you feel like you are just going to go nuts on eating just because ...take a walk it might help..I am finding it to help me. I started this new job right...well I feel like a blob as I am walking around these people are skinny minnys.....at first I felt like it was a slap in the face ....but now I am looking at it as a challenge..they are my incentives...to look good for myself. They are really nice people and you can tell they take care of themselves...so that is the way I started looking at it ..and it has helped me a lot. How is everyone doing? This afternoon I am going to work out at the minnie gym they have here at work onsite. Even though I am just a temp they said I could use it..so this month that I am here temping for this company...I am going to take the advantage and use it for my goal to my eating and excercise to lose weight.

ladynredd
07-31-2006, 06:18 AM
Weigh-in day for me and another 3.2 pounds gone! :carrot:

Last night I went to a family gathering and ate small, reasonable amounts of unreasonable foods. lol The really interesting thing for me was my physical reactions afterwards -- I had to excuse myself from the conversation around the table and go lie down for a while, had a hard time keeping my eyes open (blood sugar crashed) and I also had bad acid reflux for the first time since embarking on my new way of eating. Hmmmm ... the light bulb is popping on over my head ...

Jaya, what a good idea to use the exercise facilities where you're working. I know for me it always shows a BIG attitude shift when I start looking for ways that I can do something instead of excuses why I can't. Attagirl!! :bravo:

Since today is the end of the month and we've got quite a series of pages going here, what does everyone feel about starting a new post tomorrow? Title could be "August New Challenge Who's With Me" or something similar?

Sunnigummi
07-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Hey everyone! I'm back...after a break.

We got the apartment, YAY!!! LOVE IT! Can't wait to move in - will be Sept 22nd. I spent the past three days packing up my dorm room which I thought would be easy enough but turns out there was a LOT of stuff. I was throwing out clothes that didn't fit, weren't fashionable, had them too long etc etc just to reduce the packing. My sis was doing the same. We've been squabbling about things to buy and stuff for the past couple of weeks but we're better now. I think we were both PMSing and stressing about getting the apt because we loved it so much that we were taking it out on each other. Whatever though, we're ALWAYS squabbling really but she's my bestest buddy. :)

I had lunch with my best friend from college on Saturday and I had this pasta with cheese, jalapenos and chicken. I thought it was too creamy - this coming from the girl who LOVED chicken alfredo and could eat a vat of the stuff. I guess this healthy eating initiative is really taking root, eh? Oh well. So on Saturday morning, found out I skyrocketed to 166, came down to 164 on Sunday and this morning stayed at 164. Mmph. Two months ago, I would have killed to be this weight and now I want to get out of it...hehe :p
So how's everyone been?

Angel33
07-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Happy Monday Girls!

Hope eveyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty quiet. Stayed inside most of the time because it is so hot here.

Sunni-Congrats on getting the apartment. It is so cool to see that you and your Sis are so close.

ladynredd-WTG on the weight loss.

Talk to everyone later.

Angel33
07-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Happy Monday Girls!

Hope eveyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty quiet. Stayed inside most of the time because it is so hot here.

Sunni-Congrats on getting the apartment. It is so cool to see that you and your Sis are so close.

ladynredd-WTG on the weight loss.

Talk to everyone later.

magdie
08-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi Everyone!

I having been posting in the last few days because my diet thing is not going too well and I've gained back the 2 pounds I lost and I have no motivation to exercise. I'm eating well today and I'll try to get back to the gym.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Mags

JAYAGODDESS
08-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Hey all.....
Welcome back sunni....you are shinning bright today...that is great - congrats

Hey stevi- I just thought of something...you know how you dont want to hurt your foot anymore than it hurts you now....you might want to try lying down on your back and do the bicycle motion in the air...this way your feet are not touch the ground...and until it gets better maybe it will help and make you feel better and you will feel like you did some excersise...just an idea... :)

hey lady - CONGRATS on your weight loss...hehe..I am afraid to step on the scale..but I have been eating better and I think I am going to wait until the september 9th to weigh myself. I hope weight is gone by than...hahaha..

Hey gals...question- I love CHOCOLATE and every month your know ladies the visitor...what do you eat when you are craving....SWEETS...what helps..any suggestions...Chocolate is my weekness..hehehe... :)

Hey angel how are you doin?

Hey rebelgirl how you doing today?

Magdie-hang in their girl ..... you can do it ... !!! We are here for ya...!!

Oh by the way I am going to submit a photo here this evening when I get home...I cant believe I was able to spot this thing on a leaf...but you will have to see it....I will talk to you guys soooon...((HUGZ))

Sunnigummi
08-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Hey Jaya, I think you can buy those little mini chockies at the grocery store. They're usually by the checkout counter. I know it's hard to buy just one but if you can deal with it, then that would be your best bet. Buying a bag is just torture in my opinion. What's the point of getting a big bag of mini chocolates, eating the whole thing when you could have had a regular size bar for fewer calories. Good marketing though.

I'm doing good today. I just need to get my exercise in for the day.

ladynredd
08-02-2006, 10:33 AM
I've joined the August exercise committment, setting 500 minutes for the month as my goal. Not a whole lot, but more than I *have* been doing! Sooo, this morning I got up and did my 20-minute Turbo Jam tape for the first time. I'm doing the lower intensity version (no way am I levitating 247 lbs. off the ground! And let's not mention the bouncing breasts. :eek: ) but I made it through and kept the first installment of my committment! So I feel good. :carrot:

Sunni, enjoy your new apartment! I'm sure it will be cute when you get all moved in and settled. Just think, you have a fresh opportunity to make your home surroundings reflect YOU!

Made a trip to Trader Joe's yesterday, picked up more fresh fruit and the wonderful Armenian flatbread/cracker that I've fallen in love with. Also more hummus with olives to go on it. Yum! It feels so good to be eating this way -- very clean, if that makes sense ... like I no longer have sludge circulating through my body instead of blood.

Stevi-rocks
08-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Morning Ladies,
I was kind of out of it yesterday regarding exercise. I was sore from the day before, all the jogging I'm getting used to. My feet are great though! Baby Boo and I will go out later today and do it again. I am down another Lb!! I was surprised to see it this morning. I was FAMISHED yesterday! I stayed within my calories but it was right at the limit. Woke in the middle of the night starving.:o Thats never happened before on this journey. I had a string cheese and went back to bed. I'm fine this morning.
Java~ I usually have a dark chocolate protein shake or SB protein bar when the choc craving hits.:devil: SB has some good choc chip cookies as well. I have tryed the Smart Ones desserts as a special treat but they are WAY too sweet.
Gummi~ Glad to hear about your apt. I have tryed to live with my sister...ONCE. NEVER, EVER again. But we are like night and day. She's also 7 years older than me and really bossy.:mad:
Magdie~ NOW is the time you should be posting most! I find it helps to work throught the rough patches and move on. Let us know what you need!!!:hug:
Angel~ I was thinkin' about you...I heven't seen you around much. Everything good?
Lady~ That is fantastico! I love the larger losses....So gratifying. Have a carrot....:carrot:
Rebel~ Where you at?:?:

Sunnigummi
08-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Stevi - I've heard from other chix who lived with their older sisses and couldn't do it but the way I think of it is "If I've lived with it this long, what's another year?" Plus when she gets on my nerves in that bossy, older sibling way, I just tell her to back the **** off. Usually she does. I don't know when it happened but we have this routine where we fight and it sounds bad but in two minutes we're talking like nothing happened. So weird. When we were kids, we would get into funks that lasted for DAYS. Oh well. I'm happy. I'm kinda nervous because I've never lived with just her so I wonder if in this different situation we CAN get along. We'll see. My dad was trying to convince us to get a 1 bdrm and we both were like "NO!" so that ended that. Haha.

I yap a lot on this thread. Hm.

magdie
08-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Good Morning Ladies,

I went to the gym yesterday and ate well all day long. Today I didn't start too well. I had a donut and some chips (potluck at work) I did bring my lunch from home and I'm not going to have any more junk food today. I'll be good!

Thanks!

ladynredd
08-03-2006, 07:02 PM
yes Magdie! We can always start fresh, and the sooner the better!

JAYAGODDESS
08-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi gals, :hug: :hug: ;)

I just came back from my morning walk…..it feels so good to walk…..it was a bit windy out but I am not going to complain because the heat wave we all just had was attrocious. Anyhow I have been doing extremely well with my food intake, and cut back on my soda….I think I have like maybe (3) 8oz. A week. This is better than what I was doing oh my gawd I just counted how many I used to drink a day…. (15) to (20) 8oz. A week. OH MY GOODNESS……That’s like major sugar right there……well I am glad that I have been sticking to my drinking more water or I will have orange juice in the morning. I snack on snap peas if I want something. They help take the hunger craving, and you don’t eat as much. So far this morning I have had (2) 16.9 oz of water. I have to go in for a refill.

Thank you for the information on the chocolate..I am going to have to give it a whirl. Chocolate and I have been dating for YEARS and I just love chocolate so it will never exit my shopping list. I just wont over do it is all.. :)

I also want to get that turbo jam that sounds like fun. Is it in stores yet? All I hear are high raves about it….and how it makes people feel. I want one…..I want Turbo Jam…Me Me Me…well I am going to have to look around..if you all know of where I could find it….just let me know ….. Thanks…. You gals are the bestest.

Keep up the good work everyone ….. You are all doing great !!!!!!!! (((((( hugz)))))) Keep smiling and keep telling your beautiful…

Cheers~
Jaya

ladynredd
08-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Morning All! :wave:

Feeling better about myself today. Friday evening I was very willful at the grocery store -- I really wanted my favorite Amy's No Cheese Pizza and they didn't have it -- every other Amy's Pizza, but they all had cheese :tantrum: So I tried to make my own by using bread stick dough and ate it [B]all.[B] No big surprise to see the scale pop up a pound and a half the next day. And to top it off, I didn't exercise! Not good.

So this morning I made sure that my exercise was one of the first things I did. :cheer: Sixty minutes of Masala Bhangra leaves me feeling like a limp dishrag for about half an hour afterwards, then very, very good. So today is gonna be a great day!

How is everyone else doing?

Time to go shower off the sweat, change into nice fresh clothes, and retire to the basement to SEW!

August Exercise 80/500

ladynredd
08-07-2006, 06:14 AM
Weigh-in day today. Another decent loss which brings my total now to over 40 pounds!! :carrot: :carrot: Man, I just love being able to pick a new "chickie" number for my avatar!!

Talk to y'all later. I'm off to exercise!
Edited to add: August Exercise Goal: 140/500

Sunnigummi
08-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Go YOU lady!!! Here's a carrot: :carrot:

So girls, just found out that my scale reads 2 lbs lighter than my actual weight. I calibrated it with a 20 lb weight. I was SO mad. On Sat, my weigh in day, I dropped to 162 but now realize that it's actually 164. BAH. :( Whatever. I'm not changing my ticker until my home scale reads 160, then I'll change le ticker. I take consolation in the fact that I am losing some weight if not as much as I want. :)

Angel and Stevi - haven't heard from you two in a while...everything ok?

Stevi-rocks
08-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Hello,
Nothing's wrong...this thread has just been slow. I come and read if there's something here. Weekend was good. Saw my Dad on Fri. night. We hadn't seen each other in person in 6 months/almost 50 lb ago, the look on his face was priceless. Its almost TOM so I'm feeling fatigued, I always feel worse during the PMS then the actual event.
Sunni~ Sorry about the 2 lbs, but aleast it's only 2. Some people have scales off as much as 15! THAT would ruin my week...no month!
Lady~ Great job!! Seems you are losing very consistantly. I don't do that anymore. I'll have a minimal loss for 2 weeks then BAM! 4 or 5 lbs down. I take what I get. Hope your sewing was fun!
Java~ Good job on the H2O, I've been struggling with it for some reason. For the last 4 months I have been taking in 100+oz a day now I'm lucky to get 50oz. ARRGG!
Have a great MONDAY!

Angel33
08-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey girls,

Sorry I haven't been around much. I really feel like I'm in a rut. The last 2 weeks haven't been so good as far as my eating goes. For some reason I am finding that I am slipping into some of my old habits. YUK!
I really feel like I need to start all over again. I just don't know how to do it.
I have been fighting with the same 3 lbs for over a month now. I go from 211 to 214 and back again.
Someone please give me a swift kick and tell me to stay away from the junk!

Luckily I have continued to exercise 5 days a week, I can't imagine how much I would have gained back if I weren't exercising.

I'm sure you can all relate to sometimes feeling like " I'm tired of counting and watching my food all the time. I've come way too far to go back now. So somehow, someway I need to get refocused.

Sunni-Keep your chin up! Stupid scales. You'll be to 160 before you know it.

Donna-congrats on the weight loss..

Jaya-Good job on the walking and all the water.

Stevi-Glad to hear your feet are feeling better.

Magdie-I hate work potlucks too. It is always way too tempting. Sounds like you did okay though.

Well hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
It seems like we all don't here as often to check in. Hopefully that will change. I could really use the support right now.

Talk to you all soon.
Leec

Stevi-rocks
08-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Angel,

I'm feelin' ya.:hug: My loss has slowed and it frustrates me. I got used to 3-4 lbs a week there for a bit, then 2, now 1 or nothing for weeks at a time. My weekend was very much " I'm soooo sick of counting EVERYTHING." So I didn't. At least for the weekend. No damage but no loss either. Like that attitude helped any. So this morning I'm gonna try to get back into the swing of things. Cutting my carbs back as well as limiting my calories to hopefully initiate a loss. Exercise has been good with me as well. I'm in a weird state of mind lately. Like, "I look soooo much better than I did..." But not nearly as good as I will....THATS what I have to remember. We'll get it back. If its any consolation, I miss you when your not around. Have a wonderful Monday!:D

JAYAGODDESS
08-07-2006, 12:39 PM
ladynredd - That is great!!!! I know exactly how you were feeling. In the mornings at 10:00am I go for my walks...but sometimes I am dragging but I force myself to walk....and I feel so much better afterwards...CONGRATs On you weight loss...That is Awesome :) I want the scale numbers to move really soon..hehe..

stevi - thats cool I like when I see family members and if I lost 50lb I think I would have to pick their chins up off the ground..haha... :) The water is still going really good. Some days I have to force it ..but I am getting used to the idea... hehehe....In about a half hour I am going to go for my morning walk. It is a little cooler outside...but I think I can handle it :) hehe
Today is going to be the first day that I use the gym here at work. I will be using it on my lunch hour. I am going to do a half an hour of I dont know what yet..but what ever they have...then afterwork I will come with my daughter and finish the other half hour...hehe...I am excited....!!!

Angel - I have slipped too sometimes just get back up brush yourself off. I have an artical that I was reading the other day and I wanted to share it with you all...it might help you gals. Our weight has so much to do with our so much to do with our genes..I laughed at first but then when I started reading it more and more..I was facinated. It gives different gene types and what our bodies are lacking. So I will scan you all the copy of what I read..and maybe it might help you gals...since I read what my DNA gene type is..I noticed a difference in how feel..no cravings...I will scan the information that I read...and share it with you all..I think you might find it useful... :) Angel consider this your swift kick....hehehehe....

Well I need to finish up a couple of things here at work before I go on my morning walk. I had fruit for breakfast....grapes and kiwi....tasted so sinful..but it was delicious and healthy... :) When I get home this evening I will for sure scan the artical for you gals..and post it... :) I hope it will come in handy...it did for me...!!!!

Cheers ~
Jaya

Sunnigummi
08-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Oooooh Jaya, that sounds really interesting - please post that article! :)

As for me, feeling blah. Actually, kinda sleepy. Have to go to the gym in 45 mins to do a half hour walk and that wave machine thing. Hm. Totally not feeling like going but will have to since I brought my clothes to work and it would be a waste of my time not going. Hehe.

Hope I don't walk at 2.0 miles an hour.

JAYAGODDESS
08-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Wonderful Sunni......you go girl...well I went for my half hour....it is really cool ...while I worked out I watched an episode of Law In Order... :) I will be sure to scan that artical after work. ...it is interesting...and honestly it makes total sense... :) After my work out..I got my lunch ..and I had cottage cheese and a peach...and I think I am only be able to eat half of the peach......I am trying to think of what I am going make for dinner...being that I am not really in a cooking mood tonight..have other things to do..I think it is going to be salad night tonight...with avacado...very small portion of course...tomato and celery...mmm ya that sounds good. I have found that having a routine schedule really helps with everything...when I get home I open the fridge and then get the food out and start dinner right away ...after we eat...the new rule of thumb is no eating after 7:00pm...My daughter is so funny....we were eathing dinner last night and we half way done with our meal..and she says mom its 7:15pm..I said ya...then she we arent supposed to eat after 7:00pm..I started to laugh...and I told her that as long as dinner is prepaired and we are in the middle of dinner...we finish it regardless of the time..hehehe.. ...then it is clean up time and then after the food settles...My daughter and I go for a walk...or we will go to the gym and do a different workout then from this morning...then I will have my time to rest up and get stuff ready for the next day. I also started to go to bed earlier so that I can get a good nights rest.

I am so full I cant drink anymore water....I have had so far 50.7 oz of water today......whew..........glug glug...

Sunnigummi
08-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Wow Jaya, that's great that you and your daughter are so close! Reminds me of my mom and me. :) She's WAY too strict a dieter so I don't team up with her to lose weight but we do support each other.

So I was looking up DNA diets and I couldn't find anything that sounded interesting enough like the one you mentioned. Hehe. I'm addicted to Google and 3FC.

So far so good. I've eaten well today - didn't overdo it even though I was starving after I came home. Went for a n hour on the treadmill at 4.0 but only lost 275 calories! I was wondering how that was possible since my treadmill at home says I've lost 600 calories working out for an hour at the same speed. Then I realized I wasn't breaking a sweat during my workout (straightened my hair and um...too lazy to get up early tomorrow and re-straighten)

I've put up a pic of mine for an avatar. It's right after I got my hair did. :D

JAYAGODDESS
08-07-2006, 10:09 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/JAYAGODDESS/begginingofartical.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/JAYAGODDESS/DNATYPES.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/JAYAGODDESS/FIRSTPAGERESULTS.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/JAYAGODDESS/SECONDPAGERESULTS.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/JAYAGODDESS/THIRDPAGERESULTS.jpg

I hope you all find some use out of it.... :) :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ladynredd
08-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Logged another 40 minutes of exercise this morning! Wow, I feel great -- I'm almost halfway to my exercise goal for the month and there's more than 2/3 of the month to go! Woohoo!

My August Exercise Goal: 180/500

Sunnigummi
08-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Jaya, thanks!! So I found out my diet is supposed to all chocolate. SHWEEETTTT!!! Now I *really* love that article. Haha. I'm going to try and buy a choco bar that has 70% cocoa (I used to work at a chocolate store and tasted one and MAN was it bitter) if it's not too expensive. I'm kinda on a money crunch right now.

JAYAGODDESS
08-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Ladynred - That Is So Awesome..!!!! I Wasnt Going To Step On The Scale Until The End Of September But I Am So Glad I Did. I Lost 7 Pounds!!!!!!! I Was So Amazed I Had To Stepped On The Scale Again...and Yes It Still Read That I Lost 7 Pounds...just More Of A Reason For Me To Continue My Walking, And My Excersise At The Gym Here At Work. Oh Last Night I Had Spagetti, And Garlic Bread....my Roomate Made Dinner So I Made Sure I Ate A Small Portion..and I Was Done By 6:30pm....then I Went To Bed At 9:30 Watched A Movie With My Daughter And Then Fell Asleep....i Have To Go Grab Another Water...then At 10:00 Am I Go For My Walk

Sunni - You Lucky Duck....so What Was Your Dna Type On The List? Isnt It Totally Interesting How They Configured It...my Type Is The First One... Hehehe...

I Hope Everyones Day Is Going Great !!!!! Keep A Smile On Your Faces....i Will Be Back After My Walk To See If Anyone Signed On...keep Up The Awesome Work

Sunnigummi
08-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Type III. That was the closest to what I am... I felt there were one or two from the other groups that fit me but the majority of statements that applied were from Type III. Funny, they didn't say anything besides eat chocolate. What kind of a diet recommendation is that???

So I don't know if it's a rule or sumpin, but we have to start a new thread since this one's getting too long. Jaya, you have the honor. :)

Congrats on the 7 lb loss, that's quite an achievement!!! :D

Stevi-rocks
08-08-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm NONE of those. I said yes twice in #1, #2 and #7. Hmmm...But thanks for the article Java. I'm down 2 lbs this morning! I was shocked! My weekend was nothing to write home about regarding diet. Not that I went crazy or anything. 4 more and I'm at the 50 lb mark!! I'll post progress pics then.
Java~ Congrats on the 7 lbs! I could never go 3 months without weighing. Once a week for me, my luck I'd be UP 7 lbs!
Angel and Sunni~ LOVE the avatars! I really like putting a face to the name.
Lady~ WTG on the exercise! Keep it up!:D

Angel33
08-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Hey girls, how are ya!

Today has been a pretty good day. Really busy at work so I haven't had a lot of time today to be online. I did have something happen that was kinda cool. I work in a huge office building (approx 800 people). So anyways I was sitting in the cafeteria eating lunch today and I had two woman that had been in one of my training classes earlier this morning approached me and said, " We want to know what your doing to loss weight because you look awesome. They said we wanted to see what you were eating for lunch to see what your secret was." I was a little taken back for a moment but then I went on to share exactly what I was doing. They said they were both starting a diet tomorrow and would love any ideas that I might have. Long story short, it felt good that I actually inspired someone. It was definetly the type of boost that I needed.

Stevi-Awesome job on the weight loss. Looks like you're on a roll again.

Donna-WTG! You are rocking on the exercise. Keep up the good work.

Jaya-Thanks for the article. I like Stevi could not put myself into one particular catagory but the article in general was very interesting.
Yeah on the 7lbs lost. That's so awesome!

Sunni-Great new avator. It's nice to put a face with the name.

Talk to you all later.

JAYAGODDESS
08-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Wow it sounds like you are all doing wonderful.... :) !!! I just got done with my work out felt good...legs are burning..so I think that is good thing...hehe...than I had my salad for lunch..now I am full...tomorrow it is the excersise for the arms.......I hope I will still be able to lift them after they get their workout...lol...Angel that would give me a total boost too...that is awesome.....keep that for extra miles you take....wow..that is cool....

Ok I have to laugh here...the last place that I am going to lose place is my BUTT....for some reason ...I ended up with this enormous butt...I often wonder where did that come from...well as much as I used to sit on it..anyhow I wont be looking behind there for awhile..lol..hahahha...

Sunnigummi
08-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the complis on my avatar... :)

Stevi - looked at your boy's faux pigtail...gave me a giggle that produced an awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... kiddies are SO cute! :)
Jaya - my hips be the last to go. I feel your pain. :)
I feel swollen for some reason. UGH I hope I'm not coming down with a cold AGAIN. Dang. I used to be the chick who NEVER got sick even in the dorms in college and now it's like I'm a germ magnet. Mmmph.
So before I started losing weight, I was always self conscious about my hips and butt. Well, I still am but I'm noticing that my arms are beefy. What's up with that? I thought since they looked proportional when I was heavier, they would slim down with the areas of me that slim down first, right? ARgh. Anyone else having this issue?
Didn't exercise today. Felt it qualified as a rest day BUT I did stay on plan though! Haven't had din din but that's going to be from plan anyway so yeah I stayed on plan. WHEE! :)

JAYAGODDESS
08-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Stevi - Logan is soooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunni - I have the same problem with my arms....When I was a skinny minny before my kids....I had pretty arms...now there all jiggly...hahahahaha..I hat wearing tank tops because I am totally self concious of them...today is arm and ab work out....!!! I think that the only skinnything on me right now besides my nose is my wrists....hahahaha...ok well I am done picking myself apart.....so last night my daughter and I had terriaki chicken and rice....I could not finish it all so I took it with me to work today. :)

In an hour I go for my morning walk...today I brought my camera with me so I will take pictures no not of me .....just nature.... :)

Cheers ~
Janell ( If I take a picture of something interesting,pretty,or cool I will send it... )

Angel33
08-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Hey girls,

Another crazy, busy day at work but I wanted to pop in and say HI!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who hates my hips and my arms. Those are my two problem areas. Until this year I would never wear tank tops, but I'm getting more brave now.

Well gotta run.

Talk to you girls later.