Weight Loss Support - reasons to be thin

View Full Version : reasons to be thin

samara
06-26-2006, 01:24 AM
I thought it would be motivating to start a thread where you list reasons to be thin. Here are mine:

I can wear cuter clothes
I can swim in a bikini without constantly feeling insecure
not having to worry about random jerks making comments about my body
Being healthier
having more energy
feeling better about myself, which will increase my confidence
I am 26 and I don't want to grow old AND fat. I want to be thin!

SupersizedChicky
06-26-2006, 01:30 AM
I like those, but I would add:

I can wear cheaper cuter clothes.
Instead of having the opposite sex look away, they will look at me in a longing way.
I am 25 and want to experience being both young and thin at least once.
And you know what, for once, I want to be the hot girl.

Tealeaf
06-26-2006, 01:53 AM
For me, in order of importance:

Being healthier. I don't want to get diabetes and go blind like my father. I don't want to have to use the riding scooters as Walmart.

Being able to by clothes doesn't have two or more XX's in the size. There simply are more fashion choices for the moderatly sized.

Having a chance of having a guy think I'm attractive. I miss that.

Not feeling guilty about having let myself go.

Being fat just simply feels _bad_ to me.

dietnlose?
06-26-2006, 02:10 AM
My most important reason is to ***Gain SELF-CONFIDENCE***...

pixiefalls
06-26-2006, 02:54 AM
Ohh, I agree with everyone!

to be healthier
to feel better about my appearance
to boost my self-esteem and confidence
to feel sexy
to wear any type of clothes I want (better size choices)
to feel good in a bathing suit

I love this thread already:).

2frustrated
06-26-2006, 04:51 AM
1) I don't want to be "thin" I want to be toned and lean and muscular

2) I hate getting the extra attention from men, I feel less self-confident now than I did when I was larger.

3) I want to be lean to put the fear of god into people who I spar with! I want to LOOK like I can do what I can do, rather than surprising people with my athleticism or surprising people when I pull punches. I want people to know I'm good just by looking at me!

4) Oh and I want to wear a bikini without bits of flab bulging over the seams!

coco_chanell
06-26-2006, 07:55 AM
I agree with all of the above I also want to look good WITHOUT clothes on. I want to rid my bottom half of these satellites (my grandmother's name for cellulite :)

Sunnigummi
06-26-2006, 08:30 AM
As in my sig, I want to be a hottie for once and as selfish as this sounds, get the attention from waiters at a restaurant instead of my thinner friends getting all the attention...

Paying attention to guys KNOWING that they will flirt back. At this point, I have no self - confidence.

To wear a skirt that doesn't make me look chicken legged.

To wear shorts in hot weather and not feel bad.

I'm with the poster above who said she wanted to be 24 (in my case) and toned for once!

fitgal2
06-26-2006, 08:32 AM
Hummm I dont know what to add really, everyonw has pretty much hit the nail on the head!!!! :carrot: maybe i would add....have a round tight tushy!!!!

teahoney
06-26-2006, 08:44 AM
I want to be healthier and stronger and get rid of some of these body pains ie. knee, ankle, back.

I want to be young AND thin (well really smaller, don't necessarily want to thin but don't want to be fat.

To be able to wear shorts again. It's been years!

To feel sexy.

To have my confidence and self esteem back.

HarpoChicoGroucho
06-26-2006, 08:47 AM
I want to rub it in the faces of my former classmates/coworkers when I see them around town (especially the ones that were thin and now are gaining weight!) :devil:

Only lots of plastic surgery will get me in a bikini unfortunately, but I don't think I'm the bikini wearing type anyway.

AND the being thin and in my 20's is also up there on my list. It's one of the main reasons I decided to lose the weight NOW because most 20-somethings are thin. And it's easier when our metabolisms haven't yet begun the downward spiral.

Glory87
06-26-2006, 10:21 AM
It's so much easier to cut my toenails now :) I still don't have the body to rock a bikini (loose skin on my stomach) but I love wearing cute clothes!

I eat healthy and I feel wonderful, so much more energy now.

lilybelle
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
I want to me much healthier than I was. I want to live to play with my children and grandchildren. I want to be able to get off the floor or ground without assistance. I want to be able to grocery shop or go to the mall without looking for a bench to sit on. I want to be able to park at the back of the parking lot without being too exhausted to go in and shop. I want to look good in my clothes. I want the much older men (70's) to keep flirting and smiling at me. I want my DH to be proud of me and my accomplishment. I want to wear stylish clothes in smaller sizes. I just want to feel comfortable in public and not feel out of place. I want to be seen, no more hiding at home. I want to do down on my medications. I want to never have to take insulin again. Basically, I want the life back that passed me by while I was home , eating to my hearts content. I want to live a long time and be able to enjoy it.

phantastica
06-26-2006, 11:33 AM
I enjoy the absence of aches and pains, shortness of breath.
I love the extra energy I have!
I have long hair, and I want to dress like Xena for Halloween.
I don't want to miss out on any more cute fashion trends.
I want to look nice for my sister's wedding.
I want to no longer have to put some cheesy phrase on my online dating profile that addresses my weight ... "rubenesque" or "pleasantly plump"? ha ha

MariaOfColumbia
06-26-2006, 03:49 PM
I've always told myself that being overweight was a temporary condition. Well, it's been 20 years, and I need to make that belief come true! I've spent 2 decades being *temporarily* overweight. It's time to let people see the real me again.

pixiefalls
06-26-2006, 05:39 PM
2) I hate getting the extra attention from men, I feel less self-confident now than I did when I was larger.

I also HATE the extra attention. I want to be acknowledged that I look better, but I don't want to be hit on. *shrugs*

Sunnigummi
06-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Really? I wish guys would hit on me. I've um...never had a guy hit on me ever. They usually go to my friends first. *sigh* Posting this made me feel bad.

mudbugs
06-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I want my hip to feel better. That's my main motivation because it hurts sooooo bad & I don't want a hip replacement.

I want to be able to feed & prune & plant & work on my roses without having to stop every 10 minutes....and I got LOTSA roses. ( I love my roses..they are like my kids)

I want to go through one of those revolving entrance bar thingies they have in stadiums without worrying beforehand if I am gonna fit.

And I want to quit having to wear a long shirt or blazer or jacket everyday when I go to work...(because those hide my butt perfectly and no one knows that I have a big butt as long as I wear them...):D :D :D

And I want to wear a bathing suit again...even if it is just so I know I can WEAR one...I won't go out in public, I promise!!!

Ok--how many answers did you say you wanted??? 'Cause I can go on and on..and on.....:D

Glory87
06-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Oh, I travel a lot for work. I really fit into coach seats a lot better now - they are almost roomy! A definite plus :)

GenreGirl
06-26-2006, 08:38 PM
There have already been so many great reasons listed. I'm not sure what I can add. I'm far away from my 20's so my goals & outlook might be different.

1. To be healthier as I age

2. To be more confident & self assured.

3. To avoid looking & feeling 'matronly'

4. To be better able to keep up with my kids

pixiefalls
06-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Really? I wish guys would hit on me. I've um...never had a guy hit on me ever. They usually go to my friends first. *sigh* Posting this made me feel bad.

I never really used to and when it happened I never thought they were serious. Sometimes I feel like I do want to be hit on so I will know that people find me attractive, but then I think about it and I don't want to need to be hit on to feel attractive. *shurgs*.. it's hard to explain.

And don't feel bad, you are making a better you and soon those guys are going to hit on you first!

After losing over 70 pounds.. I'd hope someone would of noticed I look healthier:).

Trendle
06-26-2006, 09:31 PM
All of the above &:

To never be refered to again as "heavy" "chubby" or the fat friend.
More than anything, I want to look on the outside, the way I feel on the inside.

LLV
06-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Not hating myself.

phantastica
06-26-2006, 09:33 PM

I hate that ... I've always had friends who are prettier and they get hit on first. It works better when you're not with the "cute" friends.

almostheaven
06-26-2006, 09:49 PM
I initially wanted to be thin for health reasons. I didn't want to be out of breath anymore just tying my shoes. I wanted to do what I could to try and lengthen my lifespan so I'd be here longer for my family. Having been born with heart defects, all that weight I'd put on was heading me towards an early grave.

As I lost weight, some other simple pleasures crept up:

Being able to cross my legs again. Woo woo!

Being able to hit the clearance racks and actually find clothes in my size.

No longer complaining about how they manufactured "fat clothes" with elephant legged shorts and tank armpits down to my belly button.

Not being so dad-blamed uncomfortable in an airplane seat, bus seat, backseat of a car, or any other cramped space. -- Being able to use the regular toilet stalls of public restrooms without banging into the walls and toilet paper holder, etc.

A love for shopping, being on my feet...things that were too tiring and taxing before.

I've found my mood has elevated quite a lot, as has my energy levels. If I was as moody, unsociable, and depressed as I was overweight in my 30s, I don't think anyone could have stood being around me in my 50s or 60s. LOL