Simply Filling/Core - Core Board Chat #47

View Full Version : Core Board Chat #47

Katpo
06-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Okay, spill it! What's everybody been doing today?? Don't tell me I'm the only one with no life!! :lol:

Actually, I think I've gotten quite a few things done on my list: I did the laundry, vacuumed my bedroom and bathroom, washed the bathroom rugs, listed a bunch of ebay stuff, swept the tile, emptied and refilled the dishwasher, made some baked beans (cooking now) and assembled the turkey burgers that are now marinating in worcestershire sauce in the fridge, watered the plants in the back and planted two caladiums in the front. I still have a flat of begonias and a flat of mini-monkey grass to go in the front flowerbed, but might wait until tomorrow.

Still left to do tonight: empty the dishwasher, finish cooking dinner, clean up the kitchen AGAIN, sew on those buttons, and make our lunches for tomorrow. Oh and wash my hair. I'm a little afraid of that part because I haven't had to fix the new haircut yet. We'll see ...

Katpo
06-25-2006, 04:39 PM
AND ... I forgot about this part ... I suppose that furniture will be arriving tonight too if Judd feels like going over and getting it. He isn't home from his ride yet and since it's almost 100 degrees, I'm sure he's going to be worn out and ready to rest up.

Shaun says he's cleaning up there, and has gone thru his clothes and sorted which ones need to be gotten rid of. I asked him that if I went upstairs, would it look like it did the other day and he said no. I might venture up there in a while to have a look around. He did say that he didn't need my help.

Vickie
06-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Kathy, I have no life either today. I cleaned the Family Room, LR, Dining Room, and Den. Jim vacuumed upstairs for me and is going to work on vacuuming the rooms I cleaned today. I made a new dessert; the kopy cat Applebee's cheesecake. I have a Froufie roast marinating and I've done about 4 loads of laundry. Oh yeah, I talked to the Niece at least 3 times (I missed her when she wasn't calling!) and my Sister for about 2 hours. Jim went grocery shopping and got me Shredded Wheat and Bran for $2 a box this week at Jewel. Woo Hoo! So far I've done everything I was supposed to do. No nap yet. I think that might come after dinner. Or maybe I'll have a bubble bath after dinner. Sounds like an early dinner today because I'm already hungry.

BTW, I love begonias but I like the double ones. Next year I'm going to get a hanging basket or two of them since I have hooks all over my eaves. My Sister got some and there are none left around here now. She'll tell me next year when she is going for hers.

Today was the birthday of my first Fiance. He would have been 48. A lot of old memories for me this weekend between the 25th anniversary and this birthday. I just had to tell you guys. I would never mention it to Jim. I wouldn't want him to think I was missing him or anything like that. I just thought of it today when I typed the date into our menu thread.

Off to make dinner for my Honey Lamb and Me!

p.a.
06-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the new board Kathy,
what did I do today?? ummmm well the power has been out since 10:30 am sooooo a good friend and I went to the next town and visited a gift boutique of local crafters. We had a great time. I didnt buy anything but got some ideas for christmas presents..Im going to go each payday and buy one thing. Little easier on the pocketbook..especially this year. Then we went for lunch..I had a nice wrap that i know I can make at home again. We share some onion rings..yummy too. Havnt had those in ages. I even managed to do my Dvd today...I actually jumped out of bed this morning thinking I could squeeze it in if I hurried..before the power went off. K, now picture me getting excited about exercising?? go figure.......hadnt had a chance to for 2 days and I was missing it.
The power is back on now..obviously since Im posting..haha. I didnt take anything out for supper so its going to be something simple.
This is the week my dd's come home......I cant wait!!! I miss them so much. My youngest joined a womans gym and is doing so well...she makes me so proud. She did her monthly weigh in on thursday and was happy to announce she lost 45 pounds and 55 inches since end of january!! I cant wait to see her....shes the one who inspired me to get out and get exercising again. ok enough about me here...hah better go look for somehting for supper.
ttyl chickies!

Vickie
06-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Patti, I can hear the joy in your voice! Congratulations for DD. I need some of that inspiration. Have a great time! I should start Christmas shopping too...or at least thinking of some ideas.

Clare, welcome to our little Core corner of the world! Let us know if we can help in any way.

Katpo
06-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Wow, Patti! That's some awesome progress your DD is making! Congratulations to her!

Judd is home and said that one of the guys in his group had a crash today. He's still at the hospital (that guy) and someone is going back to pick him up later. They were about 2 hours away from home when he did it. He has stitches in his shoulder (was only wearing a t-shirt and no jacket), his knee (again, wearing jeans and no riding pants) and broke a bone in his hand (fingerless gloves). He's lucky though; the hospital said there hadn't been an accident on that particular road where CareFlite wasn't called. Anyway, the end of that story is that the furniture is going to be gotten tomorrow, not tonight. And I have a car full of things to take to the mission tomorrow, which is about 0.0002% of what I'd *LIKE* to get rid of around here. Judd is such a clutter packrat and I hate it.

Vickie, :hug: Enough said about that. We won't tell Jim.

Well, Erin's home from work and wants real meat, not turkey burgers, so I'm off to the store. I was going anyway because we're out of Bounce sheets. Be back in a bit!

sunshinedaizy
06-25-2006, 05:41 PM
What I did today...

I am a little behind in my planting so after cleaning up from the picnic We had yesterday, I went out and planted some herbs (oregano, thyme, chives, dill, Rosemary and Sage) Fairy lilly bulbs, and had my husband pluck 2 large Garter snakes out of my garden. What a surprise they were. The girls said they saw a snake going towards the garden, and I did not think much about it...there are small garters all over around here. but I was planing and at one end the grass is longer then most areas of the yard, It had not been trimmed yet. And when I was kneeling on the rocks, I saw one coming out from underneath a rock, It was HUGE! Then I noticed, there was another one sunning its self on the rocks a little further down. I screamed for my husband, He got the Weed eater and cleaned up around that end and got the snakes....needless to say, I did not finish planting yet...LOL!

I have been eating ok, had some Coleslaw and Kapooska (this is baked beans, Bacon and Sour kraut mixed together) it is a polish dish that my family absolutely loves. and that was all I had that was not Core. OH yeah, I had a flatout bread also. so I am on track. Yesterday, I had about a 1/4 cup of Mac Salad.

For the rest of the night, I plan on taking my kids to their father, coming home grabbing some popcorn and sitting on the couch with some water and watching a movie while holding my huabands hand. Before going to bed.

Have a great day!

septembersgoal
06-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi friends! :D
Today has been a lazy day in some ways. We got up early as usual for church then was there longer than usual. Got some lunch and then took a nap for almost 3 hours! :eek: I don't know what my deal is, but I think I could have stayed in bed all night long.
I just put the LO casserole in the oven for supper. DH is still working on those shelves but after supper we're going to work on our garage. We haven't touched it since we moved in (other than to bring a few things into the house) and it is a disaster. There's no where to put anything so all the tools end up laying around the house. We've got to at least start on it. Plus the yard sale is this Saturday so I've got to get things together for that.

Kathy, you are so productive. I feel like a lazy bum compared to you and Vickie. I'm glad to hear that Shaun is cleaning up his room! Oh and that's awful about Judd's friend, but I'm sure it could have been much worse.

Vickie, you have been productive too! :) And I'm glad that you shared this "date" with us. It's important to remember special times, even if it is something from the past. :hug:

Patti, you are an exercising machine! Hopefully you can rub off on me. :D

Well ladies I better get off of here. I have much to do. I'm going to try to get all of my work prep stuff done before bedtime tonight. I always get so stressed out and need to stop that.

septembersgoal
06-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Wendy, good luck with those snakes! Yikes! I would have freaked out. I'm so scared of snakes, no matter what kind! It seems like you're really trying hard with core. Have a good evening!

Vickie
06-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Wendy, you're doing great and also getting some wonderful exercise! Those pounds are going to melt off.

Melissa, you'll catch up eventually...you'll see. Someday you and Aaron will be sitting on your couch, watching TV, and enjoying your home. The first 6 months are usually pretty crazy.

Hmmmm.....no Sandra, Frouf, or Saundra today.

Well the Froufie roast smells magnificient (I used a little extra garlic!). I can't wait to eat.

Mattandgabbysmom
06-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi chicks, Got a quick moment to come on. Dh went to do a service call and the kiddies are eating. I bought a couple of pretty shrubs to plant in my front garden, I forgot what they are called(duh). I went to see Da Vinci code last night with my mom, I enjoyed it, it was good. I will be back, dd is whiny, she has not napped today so I think it is time for bed for her(YIPPEEEEE) :D

Oh yeah, Vickie do you have a problem ordering from Catherines, i went to order a few tops and I can't add anything to the cart, it won't let me. :(

Froufy
06-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Welll here you all are! (thought I lost you for a second there!).

Welcome Clare - hope you have filled out a profile? If not please visit our coreporate profiles there and let us know all about you. good luck w/your first weigh-in!

Melissa - have fun in the garage (is that even possible?). A yard sale is a great idea!

Kathy - you sure are a busy beaver (compared to the rest of us?). Sorry about Judd's friend - and he was very lucky. My dh (also a bike rider) always gets very upset when he sees people out riding who are not appropriately covered up and are just asking for trouble (like biking in a t-shirt and shorts and sneakers!). We were always in our leather if we were on his bike!

Hope Shaun is making a great effort to clean up. My dh is also a packrat and I literally have to sneak stuff away from him - like clothing he hasn't worn in 5 years or more! I figure there are poor people out there that could use the stuff and there is no point in letting sit in his closet gathering dust!

Vickie - sounds like the party is a blast - nothing like getting together w/old friends and reminiscing. sure hope you got a nap today - sounds like you were up awfully early (I would fire that cleaning lady if I were you!:D). Enjoy the froufie roast (I know it smells divine when cooking!).

Wendy - okay like I would never step foot in the garden again if I thought snakes would be slithering out at me! don't blame you. Love the idea of a herb garden tho!

Well my eating has been way off today - had a run-in with some pizza and brownies (and boy are they good!).

Good news is I got up this morning, had some cereal and off I went for a 45 min walk (before it got too hot - but nevertheless I sure got some sun!)...walked to the next main street - to Farmboy (grocery store).....there I cooled off, drank some water, and got some groceries. Dh was home w/ds who was going to another bday party today - so after he dropped him off he picked me and the groceries up! Got lots of fresh fruits and vegetables! (and even had my favorite salad from there for lunch: mixed field greens w/red onions, strawberries, chicken breast and pecans - w/honey mustard dressing!).

Got ds then across the street into the 'crystal forest' (okay it's just a green space, big field across from our house) to look for a boulder that ds had seen (looking for nice rocks/boulders to decorate my front garden with)...of course we trekked in there (w/the wheelbarrow) for like 15 minutes being eaten alive by mosquitos and never found the said boulder! Came back itching like crazy and my nose is still running (did I ever mention my allergies?).

Then we went for a lovely drive to a nursery not far from us - in a little neighboring village? On the way stopped at the strawberry farm - no not to get strawberries - but I noticed a BUNNY HUTCH - and dh quickly swerved in and I was able to visit w/about 8 lovely bunnies! Then off to the nursery - very overwhelming - lots of plants/shrubs and trees. I am first looking for a weeping peashrub - then had some - but they sure looked pretty 'weepy' (very sparse and not as I had hoped)...so we didn't get anything there but walked around and had great fun looking at all the greenery.

Then of course dh wants to head to the main street to the very 'famous' bakery they have there. He and ds gorge themselves on chocolate eclairs and we bring home a small pan of brownies (the dangerous ones mentioned above). I was okay til we got home and dd and ds wanted one - of course I had a taste - then another, then another....

Then came the vodka cooler - then dh made a thin crust veggie pizza in the oven and while I had salmon marinating in the fridge - I now am on a different dimension - and decide I should have the pizza for dinner. Not a very good decision I'm afraid (I am SO GLAD I at least had some exercise today).

I have already packed some of the LO salad (see above) for lunch tomorrow at work and a big container of CHERRIES! (I am so happy I have cherries - they were on sale for 1.99/lb - wow!).

I think I am facing a challenging week ahead (and weekend?). Tomorrow night we head to the big concert arean to see Bachman/Cummings (Guess who) concert (we are very excited). But we will have to leave as soon as I get home from work (lots of traffic on highway due to the concert so it will take a while to get there!)...not sure about even eating dinner? No real time to cook. They do have 'food' at the concert place - but probably burgers, hot dogs, chicken burgers - nothing too healthy?

Tuesday is lunch out w/office - chinese food again!...and coming up to Canada day weekend!

I also can't go to gym tomorrow due to concert, and tuesday after work dd has therapist appt - so I shall definitely try and go even if it's later! Need to work off those brownies!

Frouf

septembersgoal
06-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Frouf, you are such a busy bunny! :lol: It sounds like you've had a really fun day.

DH is still working on the shelves (he's still on the first one as it is giving him some trouble). After dinner (LO casserole) I started feeling really, really sick. So right now I'm parked on the couch, hoping my tummy will calm down.

Vickie, I hope you are enjoying your roast! Sounds wonderful.

aghiowa
06-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Speaking of roast, I have a beautiful piece of pork tenderloin sitting in my fridge waiting to be used. Do you think I could froufie roast it? I haven't even seen the recipe, but I hear you all raving about it so much, I've decided I must have it. :)

It was so funny today...I was substituting in my 7 year old's Sunday School class. Today the lesson was about how Jesus is the Good Shepherd and we are all his sheep. I was trying to emphasize how we are ALL His sheep, so I asked, "What if someone does bad things? Are they still a sheep?" Their answer, "No." I corrected them, and said, "Yes, no matter what you do, He still loves you and you are His sheep." So then I asked, "What if someone killed someone? Are they still His sheep?" Their answer, "Yes!" And then my dd pipes up, "But a killing sheep!" very proud of herself. I just had this mental image of a deranged sheep with a bloody mouth standing over someone's body and I couldn't help giggling. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder about myself.

Off to feed dinner to my family, and hopefully avoid all those "killing sheep" out there.

Angela

Katpo
06-25-2006, 07:51 PM
:rofl: Angela, that is priceless! Your dd has quite an imagination and isn't afraid to speak up -- I love that in a child. What a honey she must be!

Frouf, I must admit that I thought about taking a nap after reading your post. It literally wore me down. Could you just take ONE day off and do nothing but sit? Okay, I doubt it but still, girl, you're going to burn out!

Beef and turkey burgers are on the grill right now. I made some guacamole at the last minute in case anyone wants to add -- sliced tomatoes and purple onions. We have wheat and white buns, and I made a pitcher of tea. Let's see ... oh and corn and baked beans. That's it. I did decide to plant flowers tomorrow night, and am doing nothing else tonight except for clearing the dinner dishes and cleaning kitchen, then packing our lunch for tomorrow. That's it.

septembersgoal
06-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Angela, you must have a handful sometimes! ;)

Well there is some major problems with the shelf DH is working on, so it looks like there will be no garage organizing tonight. My stomach is feeling better and now I'm hungry. :rolleyes:

sauniemay
06-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Hello all you chickies out there!

Just a quick minute to say that we had a fab weekend. Saturday's weather was perfect and we got to swim in the pool as well as watch the poker run boat race, which had some pretty nifty crafts. Had an amazing dinner last night at a beautiful restaurant. We were on the fourth floor, facing the St. Lawrence River and witnessed an absolutely gorgeous sunset. The food was great too.:)

It's so hard to keep up with all of you, but I can see that it was a good weedend for all, which is great.

Oh, one thing, Frouf, we always took the bus from Baseline station to the Corel (Scotia Place), it really is efficient. I'd love to see the concert, but it didn't work out. I'm going to Ottawa Little theatre with dil, which I'm looking forward to.

See you tomorrow, and tell you more about my shopping fun.:wave:

Froufy
06-25-2006, 09:05 PM
So you're saying I shouldn't feel guilty as I sit here playing computer games? :D (actually waiting for dryer to 'call' me so i can fold the last load before settling in for the night!).

Selfish dd is being obstinate again. Dh had dr appt in am and workshop to attend in pm so as she is off of school she has been asked to babysit lttle ds (how much are you paying me? was her first question). Offered her $40 for the day which I thought was very generous - her first response was shock! I told her I give the regular sitter $140 per week (or $28 per day) so this is awfullly generous.

We are not sure how 'dedicated' she is to the babysitting idea - yes all internet will be shut off tomorrow - and we do have mil as backup should things go bad (and I am a 20 min drive away). Supposed to rain all week by the way (Kathy are you sitll in a heat wave?)....so I suppose they shall be indoors tomorrow! (creating havoc wherever they go!).

Now of course I am thinking of work tomorrow and trying not to freak out about some upcoming deadlines.

And I can barely breathe - between my visit to the woods, drive to the 'country' and dh spraying lanacane all over the ensuite (he and ds went to park to fly his new remote control plane - it feel into the woods - and he had to go thru thorns, grass, weeds to get it - came home ranting - it was pretty funny actually - jumped into the tub and started scrubbing his legs like a crazy person!) I am dying here!

Maybe an antihistamine before bed (oh ya if I can actually sleep as I have visions of killing sheep dancing in my head right now!).

Frouf:D

Froufy
06-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi Saundra! Welcome back - guess we were posting at the same time!! Your weekend sounds great - and you certainly did luck out with the weather!

I was actually thinking of hopping on the bus myself at Baseline (which is only a couple of blocks away). Dh's workshop is actually in Kanata - ends at 4 pm - and I was suggesting he just stay there (not really efficient for him to drive home and drive back again just to get me). So I might get on the bus - meet him there - and then we just have the one car to drive home in? Need to discuss further!

Have fun at OLT!

Frouf

ontarget
06-25-2006, 10:51 PM
hi, chickies. it's hot today but i love it! went to walmart and bought some more flowers to plant. also went to visit mil. took her some roses/honeysuckle and 2 sugar free brownies. then we went to famous daves. i had a cup of chicken/wild rice soup and 2 saltines and some water. (now isn't that something?)

last night curtis and i had a long long talk about moving. we decided we wouldn't. now today he's worked hours making houseplans and we drove around a new neighborhood touring new homes. guess it's like kathy's losing when not trying and getting pregnant after adopting. :lol:

frouf, the bowling party was a big hit. those kids will be talking about it for days. i'm proud of you for not eating any chocolate cake. i know that's not easy to do. it's funny but the only one who got burned on the fire danger was curtis and it was his idea for me to add a lot of jalapenos. :lol:

melissa, it was too hot to cook today so i didn't make the casserole. i may have to wait awhile cuz it's going to be hot for several days. i'm glad you enjoyed yours. wish i had a bite.

vickie, i've seen your photos--you are cute! don't be mean to yourself. you're an attractive woman. i had 2 margaritas yesterday. i'm glad you got your long island tea. i haven't had cola chicken in a long time. sounds good. too hot to cook though.

kathy, congratulations on making it to goal. i am very very happy for you.

angela, i need to check out those gardens online. i can't remember what they're called. killing sheep!! what a hoot!

welcome, clare. we are so glad to have you here and will be anxiously waiting for some of your ideas and recipes. i'm a retired teacher, so i know what these last 2 weeks are like. hang in there. i'm sorry i wasn't able to type more on the pm today. curtis was calling me to come into the kitchen. i hope you get the temp thingee up and running. kathy's the one who taught us how to do it. i don't know why i'm the only one still running one. hmmmmmmmmmm? maybe everyone knows something i don't.

vickie, we understand what you're feeling. it's perfectly normal and doesn't mean anything bad at all.
patti, sounds like you've had a fun day. congratulations to dd. that's an awesome accomplishment. i know she's smiling ear to ear.

wendy, what kind of snake was it? do you have poisonous snakes in new york? i hope you and dh are enjoying your evening. the kapooska sounds delicious.

melissa, we rode around today looking at houses. we even got to go into a few to look at the floor plans. we saw one house (lived in now) that we really love the front. curtis is going back tomorrow to take a photo.

nikki, curtis and i saw it a couple of weeks ago. we liked it, too.

saundra, it is hard to keep up, isn't it? but that's what i love about this board. everyone's so involved with each other. life is good.

Katpo
06-25-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't see a temp thing in your posts, Sandra! Maybe it's ME who has problems?

septembersgoal
06-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Sandra, I'm glad that you had a good day today. And I see the temp thingee in your signature!

Off to bed! :yawn:

ontarget
06-25-2006, 11:11 PM
it's there, kathy. right under the archer. do the rest of you still have yours and i can't see them?

melissa, i'm glad you can see it. i know clare can, too.

i forgot to tell ya'll i went to walmart today and bought some flowers and 3 large bags of potting soil. was i hot when i got through just putting out the dirt and watering. i planted one delphinia. i think that's what it's called? i had to come in and take a cold shower. i'll plant in the shade tomorrow am.

also, i worked on getting info on 07's national senior olympics in louisville to 3 of the guys who competed here in the state games. i think some of them may go to nationals. now that will be fun. shooters from montana. makes me smile.

curtis is still in the kitchen drawing floor plans using what we saw this afternoon as a guide. he's started over and over and over most of the day. we're trying to get the maximum living area out of small square footage. i'll keep you posted.

ontarget
06-26-2006, 12:26 AM
here's a bouquet of roses and honeysuckles for you. hope you enjoy. night night.

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL982/5031459/10306167/160345362.jpg

sauniemay
06-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Sandra, your bouquet was a very beautiful thing to wake up to. Thanks a bunch. (no pun intended). You sound so excited about the prospect of a new place, and I think it's a great thing for you and Curtis.

Kathy, good for you to establish your goal. Like I've said so many times, you are looking wonderful, and you should be delighted with your success. I do wonder if you ever stop to rest for a minute. It seems like you are busy all the time.

Patti, so glad that the girls will be home soon. It will be five weeks tomorrow that my kids move back. They still haven't sold the house, but reduced the price, so lets hope and pray that something happens soon.

Vickie, so glad you had fun at the party. It's been an emotional weekend for you, and you did really well. When you post, I feel that you are right here talking to me. You have a special way of expressing yourself.

Melissa, so glad that you got some well deserved rest. I think that you guys will be playing with the house for a quite a while yet. Have fun with the changes. How are you feeling?

Angela, your liitle girl stories are always so sweet. Of course, my little boy stories will double once Brayden moves here. I can't wait.

Niki, glad that you had a good visit with your mom. Once thing that I love about being a grandma, is to indulge just a bit. I try not to overdo it. I brought Natan a pair of Superman pajamas and told him that I bought them because he now poops in the toilet and doesn't wear a diaper to bed anymore. He could care less, and just showed me his special superman car.

Wendy, glad that you're enjoying being OP. It's good to have fun with it and try to get creative.

I was pleased that the scale didn't move from Friday am. I really didn't overdo, but ate some non core things that probably just fit into my WAP's. We stopped at Walmart on the way home, and I bought I Mr. Coffee iced tea maker. I just love my gadgets. I also got a lot of groceries including WW bagels and English muffins. I brought them to the kid's house for their freezer.

Geesh, it's 8:10, so I better go get some coffee. Back later,

Katpo
06-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Okay Sandra, now I see it. Maybe it's the laptop where I can't?

I'll be back in a few minutes -- gotta read some more and do a little work.

Morning weight was 144.

Mattandgabbysmom
06-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Sandra Thank you, your bouquet is very beautiful they smell nice too. Good luck with finding a new place, sounds like Curtis is excited about the whole idea.

Kathy way to go, good for you to be at your goal. Any rain yet, it is suppose to rain here all week.

Patti glad that the girls will be home soon. Conrats to your dd!

Vickie glad you had fun at the party, I get all sentimental sometimes when I look back at the past, even a certain song can bring back memories. Thank You so much for the Catherines coupon, I was not able to place a order yesterday so I tried this morning, I was a little bummed since it was a one day sell and most of the items were back to there original price, but I still did great. I got 1 pair of capris, 1 pair cuffed pants and 4 tops for $62.21, including shipping & tax! Thank You again!

Melissa glad that you got some rest, some days you just need it. It really takes a while for a house to be really finished, I am in my house now for 7 years and it is not even near finished.

Angela that was so funny, your dd was prabably so serious and proud when she said it. We were at Toys r Us on Saturday, so I picked up some Pull ups for my dd, as I am paying I told her she needs to use the potty, that $30.00 on pull ups is alot of money, she did not want to hear it, she turns around and tells me to "SHUT UP" :o Now my mom turns her face because she is laughing so hard, I just stood there with my mouth open, I did not get angry because it was actually funny at the time, but once we got in the car I explained to her that it is not nice to say those words to mommy or anyone else.

Wendy I had a garden snake in my yard and I had a heart attack, one time I opened my front door and a garden snake slitthered right past my feet across the stoop, you know I slammed that door closed real fast and did not venture out for a while.

Saundra that was cute about Natan not caring about his new pj's, I told my dd if she does poopy in the potty daddy will bring her a toy home, she says to me " I don't need toys, I have toys in my bedroom". I tell ya she is going to be 3 going on 16.

Vickie
06-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I had to stop by and say hello before I start my day. I'm very hyper because of everything I need to get done today and tomorrow. I'm trying to get it all done today so that we can pretty much just relax tomorrow. I'm freaking out a bit and I upset Jim so what a rotten person I am. Sigh.

I read posts just to make sure that everyone is ok but I need to get going this morning. The only thing that is going to make me feel better is making lists and getting some things done.

Believe it or not, my scale was about .6 lower than it has been for weeks. Let's hear it for the medicinal properties of the Long Island Iced Tea!

Light and love and a great on program day to you all.

aghiowa
06-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Good morning ladies! I can see your temp thing, Sandra.

It's a rainy day here, and I'm glad it's Monday. Back to routine. :)

I'm going to be honest here - I've gained about 10 pounds from my lowest weight last summer. I am really concerned, because I don't seem to care enough to do something about it. Maintenance is so tough, because I'm at my lowest weight since high school, so I feel good enough to not care. But if I continue not caring, it'll be bad soon. :lol: I think what I end up doing is going too long without good snacks, so when it gets to mealtime, I'm famished and eat whatever looks good at the moment. I need to force myself to have a piece of fruit or something around 10:30, and again at 2:30 ish. It's summertime, and there are so many delicious fruits available out there, I have no excuse. Can you tell I'm giving myself a stern talking-to here?

I did look at some photos from a few years ago, and I definitely don't want to be that size again... I'll attach 2 photos, one at my highest weight, and one at my lowest...

I really need help guys. Any support/ideas would be great. :grouphug:

You all are the best!
Angela

Mattandgabbysmom
06-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Saundra I worded that wrong :o , I didn't mean to say he didn't care about his pj's, what I meant to say is, it is cute how they could care less why you buy them gifts as long as grandma does.

Katpo
06-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Angela, all I know is that maintenance has to be treated exactly like losing ... it's the kiss of death to think "well, I've done it, I'm here now, and whew! it's over and now I can go back to the way I used to be." I read where someone said they cringe when they hear someone say "I'll be glad when this diet is over so that I can eat xxx." The trouble is, you CAN'T eat xxx. That's what got us in trouble in the first place. Same with "eating til satisfied". If most of us knew when enough was enough, or when we were satisfied, none of this would have happened. Here's a post in the Maintainers Forum about the "Do's and Don't's of Maintenance". You might find something in there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85735

Vickie
06-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Angela, I can't stay online, but your post motivated me to spend a couple of minutes seeing if I can help. I hear your plea...that's the first step. You have the warning bells going off in your head. PLEASE don't ignore them! I just told you how sad I was that I no longer weigh 150 pounds. I looked SO beautiful and SO happy in those photos that I saw on Saturday. I really wish that I hadn't ignored my warning bells when I gained the first 10 pounds back. It's not too late. I'm SO proud of you when I look at your two pictures. I know you don't want to go back there. You are absolutely going too long without eating. Everyone I heard (including you) says that when they are being successful on Core they eat 4 or 5 small meals/snacks a day. You absolutely need a fruit/veggie/any kind of snack in the mid morning and mid afternoon. I, too, have no self control once I let myself get too hungry.

You've done amazing. Don't let it slip away. Please learn from my mistakes.

septembersgoal
06-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Angela, the change is AMAZING! Thank you for being honest with us. I think it helps everyone to know that it isn't "easy" and then we can just all help one another. I truly believe that you can get back to where you were. You seem to have a lot of fire and determination in you, when you want to. :) Have you still been doing meal planning? Are you following core plan, or just eating whatever is around? I don't have a lot of suggestions, except for the meal planning. I know that you were always very good about that and it seemed to keep you on track.
Anyway, that probably wasn't much help. All I know to say is "You can do it!" and I know you will. Let us know how we can help!

septembersgoal
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Hey maybe we need a challenge like....whoever loses the most pounds or exercises the most by Labor Day wins, and everyone else has to send them a $1 gift in the mail. ;)

Froufy
06-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Angela - hang in there - no one said it would be easy - but we know you can do it. It is a great idea not to 'wait' and take things into your own hands and get some control over the situation.

I think Melissa's idea of planning is a great one - maybe write out a weekly menu (INCLUDING 2 DAILY SNACKS!!!) and put it on the fridge - maybe even set the time if you have to - and have your mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks. I know that will help.

And you must take that 2nd skinny minny picture of yourself - make some copies and plaster it on the fridge, pantry, bathroom mirror, etc - you look so slim and tiny - and I think that might help keep you motivated!

Vickie - make those lists and keep organized - do what you have to do to stay calm. I know you must be a bit stressed about Jim's upcoming surgery and this is perfectly understandable. Heck - looks like another Long Island iced tea might help you out? :D (congrats on getting the scale moving downwards!).

Sandra - I just LOVED the bouquet (so pink too!). Thanks - your flowers look amazing! Good luck to Curtis with all the houseplan drawing (even if you're not 'really moving"?? :) )

I am trying to get back on track today - after my dangerous weekend (and I did not dare get on the scale this morning). Definitely (like Angela) I need my snacks so I will make sure I get them.

Poor dh was so frazzled this morning - thought he had his therapist appt this morning (he usually goes in the morning) at 11 am and then the workshop this pm (1-4).....has been talking about this since thursday (hence dd's babysitting requirement). Anyhow this morning at 8 am pulls out the appt card and reads 2 pm! Well that sure changes things - called her to try and reschedule, but she is fully booked and of course was going to charge him (only half?) for the appt if he didn't go - but we certainly can't afford that.

So looks like he is home this morning - and will miss the workshop in the pm - but will be home w/lots of time to prepare dinner before we go to the rock concert tonight! (the marinating salmon I did not cook yesterday). We might have about 45 mins safely to eat (5-5:45) then must head off to the concert (starts at 7:30 pm). They do have LOTS of goodies at the venue - but I will try to stick to either coffee or popcorn and diet soda! Wish me luck.

And since I can't go to the gym after work I have brought my runners, and walkman with me and plan to go out at lunch - I am just hoping it is not too hot out yet! I will see how it is when I get out there (supposed to be a high of 25 today - almost 80 F).

Will check in later!

Frouf

sauniemay
06-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Angela, I so hear you. This maintenance thing is the biggest challenge yet. Don't get me wrong ladies, the whole thing is a challenge, but it's so scary to get there and fear gaining it back.

I reached my first goal weight in 1982, and talk from experience. Since then, it's been back and forth for the same 20 to 40 pounds. I really hope that this time is "the real thing", but I do know that it's a constant effort. Core has helped keep me going.
Angela, for me it's been staying excited. I know that you are so creative in the recipe forums. It's a matter of having "good", "satisfying" meals and snacks available at all times. Sure, a piece of fruit is always good, but smoothies and your wonderful baked banana oatmeal are great too.

Trust me, I'm always worried about maintaining, and know that we all can do this together.:grouphug:

aghiowa
06-26-2006, 11:31 AM
I think the meal planning is an excellent idea. I always have my dinners planned for the month, but I've also done the breakfast, snack and lunch planning and it works well. Melissa, I think I've just been eating whatever is around. My dh doesn't follow Core, and always has goodies sitting around. Plus, the kids eat things that aren't Core, so they are there staring at me too. Sigh. But I did it before, and I can do it again. Exercise is key, but it's just so hard to do it with all the girls home. I can't afford a gym, and my flat feet don't stand for (ha ha) much in the way of tapes/dance pad. I love walking, and we will be able to do that next week, so I'm glad. We have a wagon now that will hold two little girls, so it won't be AS hard to drag them along on the walk.

And, would the Froufie roast rub work on pork? I have a beautiful tenderloin just sitting in my fridge.

Thanks guys, this has been great...all the ideas and advice.

Angela

Katpo
06-26-2006, 12:01 PM
I saw your question the other day and was going to say something about it. I do think the froufie roast rub would be excellent on pork.

Good luck, but I don't really think there's much luck involved anyway, is there? Just a lot of hard work (which you do) and determination (which you have)! It'll happen and being proactive before it gets out of hand, which is what you're doing, is the right thing. :hug:

Froufy
06-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Oh ya I forgot about the challenge - thinks it's a great idea - and I need all the american dollars I can get before I go cruising! I will let you know where to send them (but I must have them all by Sept 8th - I'm sure you will all try to comply!).

THANKS! :D:D:D:D

Frouf :)

p.s. So Melissa - what are the rules and when do we start?

Vickie
06-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Angela, the Froufie Roast rub would be EXCELLENT on the pork tenderloin. I just got home from buying Jim 4 button down shirts. We had lunch and I returned the pair of dumpy capris to Fashion Bug. Now I have to go change so I can clean and Jim can wash the floors. Later Chicks!

ontarget
06-26-2006, 03:20 PM
hi, chickies. i have been working in the yard for over 3 hours. am i sunburned! got a lot of flowers planted in one rosebed by our hummingbird feeder/our swing in the back then weeded, pruned the rose garden, and 4 rosebeds. whew! i'm going to the podiatrist in a minute. my face is beet red but i don't care. i'm not putting any makeup on. i don't know if i'll go to water aerobics today or not. i probably won't have the energy. but i feel soooooo goood.

got to go. i'll be back later to read all your posts. hope you're all having a glorious monday.

Vickie
06-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Hey Chicks! Here I am for a short break while Jim does the kitchen, bath, and laundry room floors. I've still got to clean my hutch in my kitchen, the outside of the refrigerator, and the top of the stove. Then I have to clean the sink in the bathroom and I'm done! Woo Hoo....a nice clean house for the surgery recovery. I'm thinking it'll be at least a month before I can deep clean again. Until then, it will just be wipe up cleaning to keep it looking as good as I can.

We learned that Jim is the first surgery on Wednesday. We have to be there at 6:00 am for a 7:00 am surgery. Fortunately, the place is about 5 minutes from our house. I'll probably want to leave a little early so I can go get a cup of dunkin donuts coffee to take with me. I guess I'll need a book to read also. The surgery is likely to take 2 hours and then the recovery will take another 2 hours depending on how quickly Jim comes out of the anesthesia. Then I'll bring him home and go fill any prescriptions he needs. The scheduler said that sometimes they go home with a pain pump...whatever that is. His shoulder will be packed in some kind of cooler. Kathy, I imagine he'll look like the baseball pitchers look after they pitch. They said he'll probably want to sleep in a recliner for a couple of days because it will hurt too much to lay down. I can tell Jim is really dreading/regretting that he has to have this surgery but there is just no living with it anymore. I told him that I'll take good care of him.

Ok, I'm off to see what you all have been up to.

Katpo
06-26-2006, 04:51 PM
You mean he goes home the same day? When my dad had knee replacement surgery, he was in the hospital for almost a week! I was thinking this was shoulder replacement, so if I'm wrong that could explain it, but still ... hmmm, now why am I thinking that? Okay, what kind of surgery is it?

Woohoo on the sparkling clean house! I know that's a good feeling to get it done!

Katpo
06-26-2006, 04:52 PM
I'm thinking that maybe it's because Curtis had shoulder replacement? Otherwise, I'm losing my marbles.

Vickie
06-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Angela, your daughter is precious! I'm sure that I'd have been giggling right along side you. What is your new avatar? Saundra made a great point about the other snacks besides just fruit. I made those wonderful blueberry muffins. I'm going to try to make them with peaches too. Whatever it takes.

Melissa, it stinks that the shelf is giving Aaron so much trouble. Time to call in the reinforcements!

Saundra, I'm so glad you had fun. You and Frouf almost make me want to travel. We haven't heard about the shopping fun yet, have we? I am really happy for you that you were able to let loose a little over the weekend and use some WPA's. I know that you normally don't use them and it's good for you to see that you can use a few and not gain weight.

Niki, I'm sorry you couldn't get the Catherine's one day sale. I think you still managed to get alot of stuff for your money. The website was probably overloaded with everyone shopping the sale at the same time. I was on quite early Sunday morning.

Frouf, I hope that DH is done scratching and that you can now breathe. Your allergies sound pretty significant. I hope you're feeling better. Silly DH! I would have been pretty grumpy that he couldn't keep track of his appointments and he's not even working. But, at least you'll get a great dinner before you go to the concert.

So Sandra, I'm not clear on what will be happening. You are staying in your current house and doing renovations or will you be staying in your town but moving to a new house? I see your temperature thingy! OMG, were those flowers from your garden?! I wish I lived near you. My yard is just nekkid compared to you.....except for the gorgeous peonies that grow in the spring near my birthday. My Mommy's favorite flowers!

Kathy, you aren't losing your marbles. Curtis had shoulder replacement. Jim is having a repair of a torn rotator cuff and they are also going to shave down a bone spur that is causing the problem. It is same day surgery. They are doing lots of them here now. He starts PT on Thursday and goes back to the doctor on Friday. We don't know yet how often the PT will be. The scheduler said, though, that he might not be able to shower for a week. Yuck!

Yay! I'm caught up.

Vickie
06-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Oh yeah, and I did not weigh in again today. It seemed like a good time for true confessions. I know it's not what is best for me. What's best for me is going to the meetings. Anything I say will sound like an excuse. So I'm not going to make one. I'm following the program. I'm not sure why I'm not making going to meetings a priority. I guess I figure that everything else to prepare for Jim's surgery and his recovery are more important for the time being. I must finish my exercise though before the Fourth of July.

Katpo
06-26-2006, 05:27 PM
I hear you loud and clear on that one! It's only an hour, and even with driving time probably less than two hours. You and I both know that Jim could be by himself for that long (and might enjoy the break! ;) ) Now here's what irks me: I don't even HAVE driving time. They come HERE! I do have to take an hour out of my workday though and that means being here for 10 hours that day. Lately I haven't been able to do it. It also stinks to pay for something you're not using (like my gym membership!). So you are correct ... anything I say will also sound like an excuse and I really don't have a good one.

I'm not sure why I'm not making going to meetings a priority.
:chin: The $68,000 question. I wish we all knew why we do things we're not supposed to, and don't do things we should. We could solve a lot of problems if we did.

Vickie
06-26-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm thinking we'll both secretly want a break by next week. He's already a trifle crabby and it can only get worse. I understand why he's upset but it's no fun. That's why I'm trying to convince myself to go next Monday. If he has therapy, I'll try to make it so that I can drop him off and then go to my meeting. They are right around the corner from each other.

I DO need to do it for me!

Vickie
06-26-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm sure he'll miss me though!

Vickie
06-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Gotta go finish cleaning! I'll try to pop back in later when he goes for our Chipotle.

I'm letting him pick where he wants to go for dinner tomorrow night. He may choose his favorite prime rib restaurant not too far from where I grew up. He can't have any food or water after 10:00, so I'm guessing we'll be in bed by then. I'll have to get up at 4:00 in order to be ready to leave by 5:30 on Wednesday morning!

sauniemay
06-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Vickie, you're a busy gal with lots on your plate. It will be so good when the surgery is over, and Jim is on his way to recovery. I know that they'll be some rocky roads ahead, but think of the "big" picture.

Oh, btw, Bernie and I took apart the fridge this morning, and it's Vickie Clean.

Vickie
06-26-2006, 06:01 PM
:rofl: I haven't done the inside of mine in a while. Maybe I'll do it while we are stuck here at home with Jim recuperating.

Thanks, for the support you guys. I'm trying not to fret or whine!

p.a.
06-26-2006, 06:16 PM
*Vickie clean* hahaha I like that one...
I will be thinking of Jim on Wednesday Vickie. Hope you saved yourself something to do while Jim sleeps and recouperates. Your going to need to be busy so you dont worry yourself sick. Take care of yourself too.
Frouf,,,Burton Cummings was in our neck of the woods two weekends ago but I couldnt make it..dh was working. bummer... I would love to see him.
Angela,,out of the mouths of babes..hehe too cute.
Sandra I cant see your temp thing either but I can never see Angelas pics either...wonder why?
ok I cant remember who posted on the previous thread ...CRAFT desease.. but i know you all gave my dd good thoughts..so thanks everyone.

Katpo
06-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Vickie, you might feel like you're fretting and whining, but to us you are organized, prepared, determined and ready to take care of your Honey Lamb! I'm sure he has never ever in his life been cared for the way you do! :hug: You're both made for each other.

Now as to him wanting a break by next week, you're probably right. Sick (and recovering) people tend to be cranky for some reason. Myself included and I can get sworn statements from everyone in my family that I was nearly IMPOSSIBLE to live with the first few weeks after my accident. I think the dinner out tomorrow night is a good one.

Saundra, your fridge is Vickie Clean!!! :rofl: I love it!

I'm going to look at Sandra's posts and see if her temp thing shows up. It does on my work computer.

Katpo
06-26-2006, 06:43 PM
No! Now isn't that something? I can't view it on the laptop and there's not even a little red x or anything. It's just plain not there. WEIRD!

aghiowa
06-26-2006, 08:18 PM
I wonder if there's some sort of browser setting that disallows viewing of linked urls or something.

Vickie, my avatar is a screenshot from World of Warcraft, that computer game I play. It's too tiny to see much, but my character is the one on the right. The one with glowing hands is my husband. He was getting ready to portal us to a major city. :)

Anyhoo, I'm with everyone Vickie. Go to your meeting next week and give Jim and you some space. Plus, it'll be good for you both to get your minds on something else for a little while. You're so good at taking care of other people...what would you tell any of us to do if we were in your situation?

And, I'm proud to report I have stuck with my menu plan all day long. That's a first for quite some time. I guess technically I deviated slightly - my strawberries were bad, so I had a peach-banana smoothie instead. :lol: I have to say, Froufie Roast is indeed to die for. Wow! It's definitely good on pork as well as beef, I am sure. It's so flavorful and moist! Wherever did you get the recipe, Frouf?

My sister is in Canada now...her hubby is on a business trip, and since they both work for the same company, she tagged along. But she's up near Calgary, I belive, so nowhere near you Ottawa folks.

Time to do our Family Home Evening lesson now (once a week, we get together as a family, have a short scripture lesson, activity and treats). The kids really love it.

Later ladies,
Angela

ontarget
06-26-2006, 08:56 PM
i'm back from water aerobics. i got 4 hours of exercise today what with all the planting, weeding, hauling in the yard and water aerobics. i am exhausted, but i feel good about what i accomplished.

saundra, congratulations on your friendly scales. i'm proud of you.

congratulations to you, too, kathy. those scales may keep on moving down. maybe your body/mind needed to just relax with it.

and more congratulations to vickie. i am amazed at all these good reports todau/ totally impressed.

nikki, are you still feeling all right? that bouquet was super heady and made both of us light headed when we drove over to take them to mil.

angela, i can totally relate to what you're going through. be careful. that's what got me 50 lbs overweight again. are you going to meetings every week? i wish i had. good success to you.

frouf, i bought some flowers (perennials) to plant in one rosebed around the birdbath and for edging and filler. most of them are pink. girl, you have influenced me.

vickie, the pain pump is wonderful. i had one when i had my foot surgery. it works wonders. be sure to keep us posted. they may hook him up with an ice pump. you may want to call to see. if so, make sure you have bags of ice on hand. that cold really helps.

right now, (might change in a minute or two) it looks like we're going to look for land around hamilton . if we find "the" piece of land for us, we'll buy it, put our house on the market, and move. those roses are mine. i have over 100 bushes. them and the honeysuckle together create quite a fragrance. you can get drunk just being in our yard. well, not quite.

vickie, we're not sure what's happening either. night before last we decided not to move but to do a little fixup here and there. then yesterday curtis was gungho again.

kathy, wish i had a sparkling clean house.

melissa, i'm game for the challenge if ya'll decide to do it. i think it would help us get a muchneeded spark.

patti, how was your weekend? when are the dd's coming?

i'm off here to go watch tv with curtis. i am honestly exhausted. the water aerobics was super strenuous today with a lot of exercises for the arms. it was good. i can tell i'm not making much sense here so --night night.

Mattandgabbysmom
06-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Sandra I was sneezing all day from that bouquet, but they sure smelled good(lol)
:D
I am getting the kiddies in bed, will try to get back to catch up, if not have a good night and i will come back in the morning.

septembersgoal
06-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Well I am behind as usual! ;)

Vickie, I second what everyone else has said, including the fact that you aren't whining and you can unload your emotions on us anytime! :D I'll be praying for Jim Wednesday morning (and you too :) ).

Kathy, the scale was down again eh? I'm quite impressed! :D

Sandra, your flowers are so beautiful. Will you move them with you when/if you go? That would be a job, wouldn't it!? :bravo: on all of that exercise today. I'm so impressed that you went to water aerobics even though you were already tired. Good going gf.

Angela, congrats on keeping up with your menu plan today! I'm so glad that helped you. I need to take my own advice as well. ;)

Saundra, I'm so glad that you had a good weekend. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm hoping to get a week off of work at the beginning of August. No trips probably but lots of relaxing!

Well chicks I need to find something to pack up for lunch and then get ready for bed. We just got back from walking. Good night!

septembersgoal
06-26-2006, 10:04 PM
I decided to change my "reunion goal" to a "baby-making goal." There is no way in the world I'm going to make that goal by 7/22 and it is around where I would like to be before I get pregnant. That should be motivation, right? ;)

nurseinnc
06-27-2006, 06:46 AM
Good morning everyone, sorry I have been MIA for a while. I have a lot of catching up to do. We decided on a house to buy last week so we are trying to pack and get stuff ready for a yard sale. I was doing just fine until I cleaned out the basement on Saturday and got really sick. I ended up at the urgent care on Sunday and in bed all day Monday. I had to miss work last night but I feel much better today so I will be able to go tonight. I will then be off until Sat so maybe I can get a lot done. Have a great day everyone.

sauniemay
06-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Good morning Paula, glad to hear that you're feeling better.

I just came on to say hi, and hope that your day is a good one. I'm off to work now, and will be there all day.:)

Vickie
06-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm here having my coffee and trying to wake up. I slept ok just not long enough. I tried to go back to sleep but my head started racing with all the little things that I need to get done today.

Thanks, Patti! We can use all the good thoughts and prayers that we can get. How IS your DD?

Kathy, I can't imagine you being impossible. You're always going SO out of your way for everyone!

Angela, I'm POSITIVE that I'd give you all the same advice about going to my meeting next week. I can already feel myself being a little crabby so it might be a good idea! Of course, TOM is looming again but I can't let that affect things. Last month it was 2 weeks late. Congratulations for being on program all day yesterday. I'm glad to hear the Froufie roast rub was good on the pork tenderloin. How long do you cook pork tenderloin per pound? I always dry them out so I stopped making them. I worry about undercooked pork. I love your family night idea.

Wow, Sandra! I hope you're sleeping in this morning. Your body got quite a workout yesterday. I'd be sore! Thanks for the information on the pain pump. I guess it's something that stays on him until the Doctor takes it off? I'll keep good thoughts that your move/non-move work out whatever way will make you and Curtis the most happy.

Thanks, Melissa! All prayers gratefully accepted! I'm scared. I'm sure he'll be great, but anesthesia and surgery always scare me. It's wonderful that you got your walk in. Honestly, that's more important for you than being on here talking with us. I love the baby making goal. ;) Much better than a reunion goal!

Paula, I'm sorry you were sick. I was wondering where you were. How's your program going?

Oh, Saundra, it stinks that you have to work all day! I hope your not going to be with that nasty mean Leader.

Ok, Chicks. I'm going to go post as much of my menu as I know right now. Jim still hasn't picked the dinner destination yet so I'm kind of at his mercy for the moment. I'm not going to make him paranoid about Core right now.

I'm sure I'll be back later to check in.

Katpo
06-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Paula, you'd better tell Craig that you're allergic to housework! Do you think something in the basement made you sick?? I hope you're better.

Saundra, have a good day at work. I didn't get here until 8:00 due to an accident (not mine, thank goodness!) on the freeway.

Now I need to go put my stuff in the fridge, take pills, eat breakfast and start working. Never ends, does it?

septembersgoal
06-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Unfortunately! :dizzy:

I love it--allergic to housework! Excellent plan, Paula! :lol: I'm sorry you have been sick though. Congrats on finding a house!

Vickie, you are one strong lady and I know that you two are going to get through this surgery/recovery with flying colors. How are you feeling by the way?

Kathy, glad to hear the accident wasn't yours. Have a good day!

Saundra, hope you have a great experience at work today.

Well I better get to work too. I haven't done anything yet this morning. :o But I'm going to make up for it this afternoon, I have several appointments with clients. Have a great day everyone!

septembersgoal
06-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Oh, and I was half-kidding about that challenge...but it might be quite motivating! :D

Vickie
06-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Kathy and Melissa, what a drag that you both have to work. It cuts into our chat time.

I'm not great but I'm sure it's just a bit of stress. I'm off to make my final list for today which includes cleaning the outsdie of the refrigerator which I didn't finish last night. Cassie has a bath appointment this morning and we have to take care of the pool chemicals. This will be the last day that Jim can help me with the cover. We may never get into the pool this year. I'd hate to think that I spent around $700 to open and keep it running for nothing.

aghiowa
06-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Good morning all! I am feeling full of resolve this morning, and am geared up to lose this pesky 10 pounds! I'm grocery shopping today, so I can stock up on Core goodies. :)

Vickie, I looked it up, and for a 2-4 pound pork tenderloin, you should roast it at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. I also worry about undercooked pork, so even though my pork was only 1 1/2 pounds, I cooked it the full 1 hour, 15minutes. It wasn't dry at all, but I think that may have been because of the rub. Either way, it was delicious.

Time to go referee dishwasher unloading...

Angela

Vickie
06-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Thanks, Angela! I always like getting it straight from the folks who have actually cooked it. I'm glad you are motivated. Good Luck. I'm going to be good too and not eat from emotions.

septembersgoal
06-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Vickie, I think the pool would be a great place for you to unwind and "get away" on your own for a few minutes this summer. I know you'd feel bad swimming without Jim, but I bet he wouldn't mind. He could dunk his feet in. :)

Angela, :cheer: go, go! :D I just remembered that I have a pork tenderloin in the freezer. I will have to try the infamous Froufie recipe!

sunshinedaizy
06-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Hello everyone.

Oh boy, I have had a couple of busy days. The girls seem to be adjusting well, I however have yet to get things done that need to be done. Like putting their clothes in a dresser, rearranging the room so that they have their own night stand for their stuff.

Food wise, I am on target. Although I woke up sick to my stomach yesterday and felt like I got hit by a bus. So exercise was non existant. Today, I feel better but still running to the bathroom. At least I can eat today. I know it is stress and not getting enough sleep that is causing me to get sick. I am sure it will work itself out as I get things organized.

Stress...if we did not have it in our lives, what would we do?

Well, I have to go. I will talk to you later!

ontarget
06-27-2006, 03:25 PM
hi, chickies. i'm leaving in a few minutes for another doctor's appt. will they ever end? my friend called earlier and asked if i'd go to water aerobics tonight instead of this afternoon. i think i will.

melissa, i won't be taking my roses. they will be one of the selling points for this place. i may get more later. i'm not sure. that sounds like a good goal to me. we have to be realistic. that's why i changed my 4th goal to an exercise one. looks like it will be my first successful goal here.

paula, first i am glad you're feeling better. second--congratulations on finding your new home. i am very happy for you.

saundra, you have a weight watcher's dream job. i always thought i'd like to work for ww so it would help me stay op.

vickie, i had a pain ball that was attached to my foot that stayed on till the doctor took it off. it kept me from having pain. i'm not really sure what the pain pump is but am thinking it's the ice thingee. if so, they will show you how to put it on and take it off. don't let it scare you. it's really simple. surprisingly, i'm not sore today. i'm wondering if all the stretching at twc took care of that.

angela, you are a steel magnolia. you're going to get back to goal soon.

wendy, i hope you're feeling better--and less stressed. congratulations on being on target. guess we have to have our stressful days so we'll enjoy the better ones more.

gotta run. i'll be back later.

Vickie
06-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey Chicks! I'm home from more errands and lunch. I ate Core and I'm proud of myself. I really want to stress eat now but I'm not going to let myself. Jim decided that he wants to go to our favorite Italian/Core restaurant. We'll probably have a filet. Yum!

Cassie had her bath and looks great. We've taken care of the pool chemicals. Jim will have to let a little water out since it will rain for the next couple of days. We're hoping that I won't have to let the water out myself. If I have to, I know I can. Jim will just have to supervise. He's watching 24 now (season one and the last two discs). I'm supposed to be typing a list of questions for the Doctor and a note for the dog walkers who will come here tomorrow morning to walk Cassie while we are at the surgical center. Almost everything is done and I feel like I've done I all can to be organized and ready to go.

Let's see what you all have been up to while I was out.

Vickie
06-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Melissa, I think you're right about the pool. I love to be in there and I'm determined not to let the summer go by just because Jim can't swim. It's a great stress relief for me and I know he won't mind. He's the most unselfish man that I know.

Wendy, I hope the stress ends for you soon. You are doing a wonderful thing. Congratulations for staying on program. I'm sure you'll be rewarded at the scale.

Sandra, you sound like you're enjoying the water aerobics as much as I enjoy my pool. I'd be sad to leave all those beautiful rose bushes, but I know what you mean about being a selling feature. I remodeled the entire kitchen in our old house before we moved. I'm sure it's what sold the house. I don't care what kind of pain relief they give Jim as long as it works. Thanks for the reassurance. Some of those things are intimidating.

Sheesh. Kathy must be really busy and no Frouf either? Time for me to go type questions and instructions!

ontarget
06-27-2006, 04:59 PM
vickie, could you do some water aerobics in your pool? if you'd like, i'll tell you some of the things we do.

sauniemay
06-27-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm home from a good day at work. It was quite busy with the life timers getting in their June weigh in. I'm working alone, so it's very pleasant, but sometimes a little boring during lapses.

Vickie, sounds like you're ready for tomorrow. Please wish Jim well for me, and you guys have fun tonight. I think the pool will be a great place for you to relax. Now, if the sun will only come out for you.:)

Sandra, looks like you are having some hot weather. It's just awful here, raining cats and dogs. You sound so happy with everything, and that is good. You're exercise activities are very impressive, good girl. I'm sure that your house will sell when the time comes, it sounds magnificent. Can't wait to hear about the final plans for the new one.

Kathy, I guess you had a busy day at work, hope you're on your way home now.

Melissa, I love your challenge, sounds great to me. You too, should be home for dinner now.

Wendy, that was a great oatmeal recipe, thanks. I just have to find my hand mixer for the egg whites. Sounds like you're very busy, hope it calms down soon.

Paula, when will you be moving? It must be exciting for you.

Frouf, how was the concert? Hope you're dry.

Bernie's working till about 6:30 and I have to pick him up. I hope he'll want to go out, cause I'm too tired to think about preparing dinner. Guess I'll go watch the news.

ontarget
06-27-2006, 06:56 PM
saundra, i hope you get to go out for dinner tonight. i'm thinking salad for us. i get to add another 60 min exercise tonight. i weighed this am and weighed the same but i think i'm looking a tiny bit smaller. maybe i'm toning.

septembersgoal
06-27-2006, 07:05 PM
:cheer: Go Sandra Go! :cheer: You are definitely going to reach your goal.

Katpo
06-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Sandra, that's great! I'm so glad that you're enjoying the exercise.

My morning weight was 143.4. I am doing the "eat every 2 to 2-1/2 hours" thing so I won't get hungry, and it's all whole foods (but not totally Core). Anyway, points / calories are still within my range ... and tonight, I'm 146.6! Now tell me WHY??????? I won't worry until tomorrow morning, but if it's still up I'm going to be mad.

And after a day full of eating, I'm not really hungry tonight so maybe I'll just drink some water.

ontarget
06-27-2006, 07:20 PM
kathy, i think our body weight just naturally fluctuates. have you tried weighing just once a week? can you do that? i know sometimes i need to weigh often but othertimes i can weigh weekly. don't know why. it just happens that way.

melissa, this will be the first goal i've met. i'm pretty excited. has the next goal been decided?

Katpo
06-27-2006, 07:27 PM
I try and try and try, and it's not possible! I'm an addict. Maybe someday it'll sink in not to be so neurotic about it ... at least I hope so.

ontarget
06-27-2006, 07:31 PM
i understand. sometimes those scales call my name, too. just don't let it get you down. i have been known to give up when the scales were higher than expected. that just made things worse. i am proud of you for maintaining your weight in the 140's.

Vickie
06-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey Chicks! We're home from dinner and our last errands. I need to go cover the pool before the rain comes. Jim gave me a lesson on letting water out of the pool if necessary. I'm just doing some laundry and am going to snuggle with Honey Lamb. I'm sure I won't be back until late tomorrow
afternoon.

Sandra, I'd love the water aerobic information. I do run in the pool and do some made up exercises. I always welcome new information.

Prayers and good thoughts are very appreciated. Thanks for being such great friends.

septembersgoal
06-27-2006, 07:47 PM
We love you Vickie! :hug: Good vibes and prayers coming your way! :goodvibes:

Kathy, wasn't the ebay store your friend has called "a touch of whimsy?" If so, she won ebay's "best shopping experience" award. Just thought you might like to know. :)

Katpo
06-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Yes, that's her. Gina Traversi -- she's such a sweetie. She lived on Long Island when I first met her and has since moved to North Carolina. Thanks for letting me know!

septembersgoal
06-27-2006, 08:02 PM
I was shopping on ebay and it was posted on the front page. When I clicked on it I thought that it looked familiar.

Katpo
06-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Well, get this. Tonight I said something to Judd about noticing that I had a little pooch above the top of my jeans and he said "I know, but I wasn't going to say anything." WHAT????? I told him he MUST tell me those things. Holy smoke, I am mortified enough to finally do something about it. I am a pudgy thin person. That's not good.

So tomorrow after work I'm going to the gym. I swear.

ontarget
06-27-2006, 08:34 PM
vickie, you and jim are in my prayers. we'll be waiting to hear.

melissa, did you get something on ebay?

kathy, i'm all dressed in swimsuit, shorts, t-shirt waiting to go do water aerobics. i honestly look forward to this. i hope you do, too.

Katpo
06-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Sandra, here's a little something for you:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h309/katpo/taylor_ai_soulpatrol.gif

Katpo
06-27-2006, 08:43 PM
I wish my gym had a pool but they don't, and I'm locked in for another year. There's no way I'm going to join another and pay for TWO! Mine is women only, machines made for women and lots of cardio (which I can't do right now though). I will get on the machines and build some muscles, which will in turn get rid of the flab. Or at least I hope so.

ontarget
06-27-2006, 08:43 PM
SOUL PATROL!!!!! thank you so much. are you going to their show? i think they're coming to grand prairie.

ontarget
06-27-2006, 08:44 PM
good success to you, kathy. and have fun.

Froufy
06-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Well geez - how can a girl catch up when you're written like 4 pages in the last 24 hours?

Last night went to the concert (Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings) and it was amazing (okay I didn't the 2 'newbies' who performed before them, thank you very much!). They started with American woman - and I just loved "she's come undone" when Burton pulled out the flute - the crowd went crazy......such good classic rock. Now Randy is 'old" I must say - he can still play but his voice is shot!. Burton cummings on the other hand is pretty well preserved, lots of energy and still has a pretty good voice. It was wonderful to see all the 'old fogeys' up and dancing around.

Today was the hottest most humid day ever - with huge torrential rains on and off all afternoon. I had a deadline to meet today - we are applying for this tech award and all the paperwork had to be out of the office by 3 pm (to arrive there in the am). And the forms are the most 'unfriendliest' ever - I had all the 'info' but the way the ms word form was done you couldn't actually CUT AND PASTE from any other document - how stupid is that? So I literally had to retype the stuff I wanted to reuse.

Now for the other sections - they give you a word maximum - e.g. 200 word maximum. So you type in your 'response',...but again you can't use the word count function in their form - are they thinking people are going to sit their and count the words??? I ended up typing the response on a blank document - doing the word count - then retyping it - so are you getting the gist of my day?

Then I call our techie project officer cuz there is a question on 'technical architecture' - tell him it's urgent - says he'll get back to me by end of day - I DON'T THINK SO! So all day I'm chasing after him - he finally gets some assistant to email me something - with no explanation and it's GARBAGE!!! I am so furious with him (told him I'm not speaking to him ever again and if we win I shall poke in the eye with the award - a tall pointy glass thing!). I end up making something up and now we need to make 15 hard copies of the submission, burn 2 cd's and get the release form signed by the Director. package it all up and have it ready for the courier by 3 pm (did I mention I had to leave at 3:30 pm for dd's therapist appt?)

Ya - so I made it - and yes I had a piece of the lemon birthday cake we were having at work - really without thinking - I was so stressed.

Then a nasty visit w/dd's therapist - remember dd has decided she no longer needs to go? So we tried to reason with her - but at this point if she is not motivated no point really - I will talk to her about it tomorrow - Therapist did tell her how very LUCKY she was to have parents who were so devoted and supportive in helping her get thru things!

Now I felt very sad after this appt - and wanted to just go home and go to bed - but instead I became SUPER FROUF - went into the change cubicle at the gym - came out in my super frouf gym outfit and hit those machines for 30 mins. I did feel better when it was all over!

Home to frantic dh - screeching about me eating the salmon he had reheated - I had somethingn else instead :D.

Now trying to relax and wind down - I feel so emotionally drained and tired.

Vickie - sending big hugs and good vibes your way - hope Jim's surgery goes well and that you survive it too. Sounds like you are super prepared and will make a fabulous nurse!

Paula - so sorry to hear you were not well - but glad you are better. Congrats on the new house - how exciting!

Saundra - so where did you go for dinner?

Sandra - so I guess you are moving - assuming you find the right 'homestead'? I highly doubt you will be flower free in your new place - of course you will surround yourself with pinkness!

Angela - sounds like you are so determined - good for you. Glad the froufie roast recipe worked for you - it is actually from a very famous jewish cookbook called Second Helpings - put out by a jewish women's organization in Montreal (Saundra - do you have a copy?). It has some very interesting recipes and I just stumbled upon this one when making a roast beef - and the rest is history!

Melissa - good idea about a baby-making goal....and as for the challenge? Does this mean I will NOT be getting an american dollar spending money for my trip?? :D:D My dh would have come over to help Aaron - he is really good at that kind of stuff!

Wendy - sorry to hear you are so stressed out but it can't be easy with the new 'additions' to the family. Please make sure to take care of yourself....everything will get done in due time. Glad to hear the girls are settling in.

We did end up going to a chinese food place for lunch - I had mixed veggies and shrimp - came w/white rice of course.....then that @#$@#@$ cake. Tomorrow we have our divisional meeting (read wine and cheese party) and there will be more food - I am bringing a huge fruit platter and will try to focus on that.

I am 'stuck' on the scale right now - not doing enuf and still eating too much to get it moving! Need to focus on my cruise clothes - and how I will feel when the airplane tray hits my stomach when it comes down - NOT GOOD!

Hope everyone is having a nice and relaxing evening!

Frouf

p.a.
06-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey everyone,
Kathy, dont forget food has weight......if you eat two pounds of food you will weigh two pounds more...same thing as liquids but its temporary. Try not weighing yourself at night.I cant stay off the scales either but I never weigh after eating anything.Its too discouraging..Your such an inspiration to us here, reaching your goal. Congratulations.

Katpo
06-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks, Patti. I don't know why I do that to myself. I guess some day I'll learn? (But probably not ...)

Frouf, another crazy day for you! Get some rest, girl!

septembersgoal
06-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Frouf, I don't know, see if you can convince everyone else! ;) Maybe we should think of a non-monetary challenge...hmmmm...:chin: Maybe whoever wins gets to go on your cruise?? ;) :bravo: on going to the gym when all you wanted to do was go to bed...that is a major victory!

Kathy, a pooch?! You are hilarious. It was nice to hear you call yourself thin though!

Sandra, I'm so impressed by your excitement to exercise. You are going to be a skinny-minny before you know it. I would love to swim, but I am unwilling to go into public in a swimsuit! :eek: Our church has a nice gym but there isn't a pool.

Murph and I went for a shorter walk tonight while DH was at a meeting at church. I won't go into the whole story but he is very stressed out about his job right now, today has been rough for him. But we'll get through it. It's just not good when we're both having job anxiety! ;)

Katpo
06-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Poor guy! I hope things get worked out for him. I'm glad you got to go for a walk though. That'll help with the stress.

Now I'm starting to wish I hadn't promised to go to the gym tomorrow. My foot hurts and I know it's going to be a rough day at work because I just got a brand lesson to work on, which doesn't mean much to you -- believe me when I say it's a huge effort and will need to be ready for testing within the next few months. I'll be working on it night and day for a little while. The good news about that is that maybe I can get some OT. Anyway, about the gym. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

septembersgoal
06-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Well as good for you as it would be to go to the gym, you also don't need to hurt your foot! So be careful and take it easy. Plenty of time for the gym.

Good night all!

Vickie
06-28-2006, 06:28 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm sitting here choking down some breakfast because once we leave there will be NO food options besides junk at the surgical center. I have a bottle of water to take with me and a granola bar. Actually, my stomach is sick with nerves. I can be hypoglycemic so I didn't want them having to worry about me when I just want to be strong for Jim.

Thanks for all the prayers. I'll try to post and let you all know how it went later.

sauniemay
06-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Vickie:hug:

I'm on my way out again, this working for a living is a pain.;) Actually, that will be it for a while.

Kathy, morning and night weights are never the same, so you have to pick a time and stick to it. Like Patti said, things change. I've even noticed that if you don't eat, the scale still fluctuates. I've become a creature of habit, and first thing every morning, it's off with the nightgown, and on the scale. This way I know what's happening. I still don't freak the small fluctuations.

Okay, later dudes.....

Katpo
06-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Vickie, you'll be fine. Don't fret so much! :hug: for Jim (and you too).

Yeah, yeah, yeah ... :lol: I know I was weighing my day's worth of food; still it freaked me out to see the number. I guess I was weighing because that little pooch discovery had me upset. It was back to 144.0 this morning, which is a little high, but still on track. I should know better!

Everybody have a great day and I'll see you in a bit.

septembersgoal
06-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Kathy, you weren't obsessing were you? :lol: 144 is so awesome...you are doing great! I don't know if I'll ever see you there, but hopefully I can get a little closer. ;)

Vickie, we're all here supporting you! :grouphug:

Saundra, you working woman. Have a good day!

I'm trying not to dread today too much....it is my long day at work and there are some kids coming tonight that we have to provide childcare for...they are terrible. Really. Of course what can you say? Their mom and grandmother are schizophrenic and there mom is a drug addict. I guess you can't blame the little rats. :)

Have a good day everyone!

Mattandgabbysmom
06-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Good morning Chickies, what a day yesterday. I was watching my neighbors son who is my ds' age, so I took them in the back yard to play in the sprinklers and little pool. Before I go out in the yard with the kids I always check to make sure my door is unlocked because I have the central air on so I close the door. Well, when I needed to get back inside my door was locked, my ds decided to turn the knob for no apparent reason. I call dh and he is over an hour away, he is working at the end of Long Island. He finally comes home almost 2 hrs after I call him and I felt bad becuase he had to go back to work because 2 guys called in sick. My dd the whole time wanted to go back in the house, I tried to explain to her we have to wait for daddy. Needless to say I will take keys with me for now on.

Vickie Big hugs to you & Jim :hug: :hug:

Kathy on Monday I went to a nite time weigh in, I usually go first thing in the am but since school is out I need to go at nite, I was op the whole week and my weight was up 2lbs. I knew that was going to happen because I always weigh more at nite.

Froufy good for you getting to the gym after all that stress at work, Way to go !

Sandra you are the exercise queen, throw some motivation my way :D

Saundra have a good day at work.

Melissa sorry to hear you are both stressed at work.

aghiowa
06-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Good morning ladies! Vickie, I'm thinking happy, relaxing thoughts for you and Jim. I'm sure everything will turn out fine.

I'm still OP, and sticking to my menu. TOM is looming, so my weight isn't moving much, but I know it will.

Angela

sunshinedaizy
06-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Good Mornging Everyone!

I made it on plan yesterday. I wanted to have a candybar but I did not.
I came home and had some WW Cereal and Milk. Killed 2 birds with one stone...Sweettooth and Milk requirement.

Saundra, I dont use a hand mixer just a small whisk or fork, it does not take long to beat the eggs, You dont need to make them white, just a little of bubbles on top of the surface and so that when you run a fork through them they completely run through the prongs. Not together anymore like they are when the come out of the shell. It is very good though!

Vickie...I hope everything goes well.

Well I am going to go...I am hungry. Have to go fix lunch. Talk to you all later!

Froufy
06-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Good for you for sticking with it Wendy - you will surely see good results. You too Angela - TOM may temporarily 'hide' your weight loss - but you will eventually see it!

Kathy - I am like you - sometimes weigh myself at night - almost like a 'warning' for the am weigh in? If it's less at night then it was the night before maybe there will be a loss in the morning? I am too obsessive I guess.

I agree - absolutely no gym if your foot is hurting you!

Vickie - hope you are okay and survive the surgery stress - before you know it it will be over and you'll both be home recuperating.

Niki - I think that happened once - a freak accident of patio door locking while outside - not fun esp with little ones! Glad your dh was eventually able to rescue you!

I am trying to stay OP today and forget about the cake I had yesterday! My big challenge this afternoon is our divisional team meeting - which we turn into a wine and cheese food fest! (god we love to eat here!). There will be wine, cheese, pate and crackers, fruit, lemon loaf, veggies/dip, and other goodies. I am now eating my lunch so I will hopefully not be hungry (meeting from 2-4 pm). I know how easy it is to start nibbling and then never stop (this has happened in the past).

I am not planning to have any wine but will bring water or diet pepsi with me...I myself have brought a HUGE fresh fruit platter (pineapple, canteloupe, honeydew, watermelon, strawberries) and will try to position myself near that so if I HAVE to eat something at least it won't be too damaging. If anyone else has any other strategic advice I would love to hear it!

Dh is marinating chicken breasts for dinner ( in this mexican mole sauce we found at grocery store) - I am looking forward to trying those. And I am planning again to go to the gym right after work. I need to focus on shedding at least a few lbs before my cruise- not that I'll be skinny - but getting back to onederland would sure make me feel better!

later,

Frouf

Katpo
06-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Yes! :high: You understand why I sometimes weigh at night! There are times when I can weigh either the same or just 1 pound up from the morning, and that's when I know I'll see a drop the next morning.

sauniemay
06-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Hectic day today. I worked the desk and then there was a meeting at 11:30.
After that, it was back to the desk. I had to do separate sets of paperwork for each thing. It was a bit frantic, but all worked out in the end. I think that I'll be doing Tuesdays until the fall starting in August. I've also volunteered to cover a few shifts too. Did I mention that I loved retirement?

Melissa, hope your day isn't too bad. My heart goes out to the kids of these disfunctional families. What chance do they have? My sis works in day care for the city of Toronto in a pretty bad area. She deals with them all the time.

Niki, one time when I was looking after Natan on a Saturday, I got locked out. I screwed up with the garage door code. My purse and car keys were in their house. I managed to get to a phone and call the daycare lady, who lived in the neighbourhood, and we went there for five hours so Natan could nap. I was so upset and embarrassed. I can imagine how you felt.:)

Kathy, you just weigh yourself whenever you want.:D It's good that the numbers are going in the right direction. BTW, my foot is a mess, and even a long walk kills. I'm really frustrated at this point, and have given up on the therapy.

Wendy, thanks so much. I will try it tomorrow. It's going to be good not to have to rush out then.

Sandra, you've inspired me to look into water aerobics. I figure that it might be the best thing for my tootsies. There is a facility really close by, so I'll have to do some research.

Frouf, I was so surprised to see the sun. I know it's hot and humid, but I prefer a blue sky. Hope you had fun at the meeting and ate lots of your fruit, which sounds really good right now.

We didn't go out for dinner last night, as Bernie was really tired. We came home and had leftovers, which was fine. We'll make up for it tomorrow.

Well, I better see what I can have for dinner. It's solo tonight.

Vickie
06-28-2006, 06:32 PM
We're home chicks! Jim is resting and was able to have the arthroscopic surgery. The Doctor was able to repair his tears in the rotator cuff and shaved away a significant amount of bone. Once the PT is over, Jim should be feeling great.

There was a scare but everything is ok now. While they were administering the anesthesia and the antibiotic (Ancef), Jim had a huge allergic reaction with hives all over his ENTIRE BODY! They gave him benadryl and then, through the IV, cortisone. They kept us for an extra 2 hours to be sure that the allergic reaction had passed. They told me to buy some Benadryl and watch him. If they start to come back given him Benadryl and consider taking him to the emergency room. Sheesh. So far, so good. They don't know for sure what caused the reaction since they were doing two things at once.

He also had a pain block called an inter-scalene block. It works for 3 to 24 hours. His arm and hand are completely numb but the Surgeon said "Yep, that's what it's supposed to do". Ok then! Tomorrow he goes for therapy at 1:30 and then the Doctor on Friday.

The patient wants pizza for dinner but I'm going to root around and see if I can find myself something else. Believe it or not my stomach feels too sick for pizza. It's was a long stressful day and I did not have enough sleep. My eyes feel like someone through sand in them. I've fallen asleep twice already but he hasn't slept at all. What a hunk of Man!

I've lots to do since I'm the chief, cook, and bottle washer now. I must walk the pup and get some laundry started. Thanks for all the support. Jim was tickled that you all were praying for him and thinking good thoughts.

sauniemay
06-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Yeh Jim and Vickie

It's over and all is well. :hug:

septembersgoal
06-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Vickie, it is so great to hear that things went well. The allergic reaction sounds scary but it seems like they were able to take care of things efficiently. I wouldn't blame you if you ate an entire pizza for dinner tonight. :) I'm so glad that you came by to tell us that things went well. :hug:

Saundra, I didn't realize your feet was still giving you so much trouble. I'm sorry that the pt doesn't seem to be working.

Frouf, how was the cheese and diet pepsi party? ;)

I'm FINALLY home from a pretty stressful awful day and now cooking my tex-mex rice and beans for supper. I hope to get a few things done tonight and then crash!

nurseinnc
06-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Good evening everyone. I am taking a break from packing....I hate packing. I have so much stuff! Anyway, we are hoping to start moving in a couple of weeks. We go for the paperwork tomorrow!
Vickie, glad to hear all went well with Jim's surgery.
I am still trying to catch up from the last few days on the previous board.
I guess I better go pack a few more boxes. Have a great evening everyone.

Katpo
06-28-2006, 08:18 PM
I am FINALLY home after being gone for the last 12+ hours. UGH! Worked my 9-1/2 and then had to go to Costco for work snacks, grocery store to cash in all the coins (I get about $60-70 every few days so I'm not about to roll it myself), and then to Neighborhood Market for more work snacks. I'm not inclined to cook now since I still have some laundry to do for tomorrow.

Vickie, I'm glad it went well. We knew it would -- now get some rest so you can take care of the patient. It won't be as bad as you're dreading to do everything around there. Heck, I do everything around here and Judd gets to relax and watch TV! :lol: It CAN be done!

Saundra, it sounds like such a fast-paced place there! At least if you get to stay busy, the time goes fast. What on earth are we going to do with these feet of ours? Mine still won't bend right.

Now to find something for dinner.

ontarget
06-28-2006, 08:23 PM
frouf, sounds like you had a very eventful day. what would we do without stress? do you think we'd be bored?

melissa, there are all shapes and sizes in our water aerobics classes. you wouldn't be embarassed at all. i am sorry you and aaron are upset with your jobs. that's sad. i hope things change for you two soon.

kathy, i hope your foot's feeling better. you've really had a time of it, haven't you? i'll be watching to see if you got to go to the gym.

i'm not going to water aerobics tonight. i may tomorrow night. i'm not sure yet. we were gone all day looking for land. when we got home, there was a message from my doctor's nurse. results were in from the liver ultrasound i had last week. she didn't say anything about the liver and i forgot to ask, but she did tell me it looks like there's a cyst on my left kidney. i go in tomorrow am for a c t scan. what next?

saundra, i don't know if i could go on a work schedule again or not. i'm spoiled to retirement. but curtis is retired, too. if he worked, i might, too. you're going to love water aerobics. makes you feel young!!!

nikki, what a horrible experience that must have been. have you thought of hiding a key outside somewhere?

angela, my weight's not moving either. i think i'm building muscle from all the exercise. you've been exercising a lot in the garden, haven't you? maybe you're building muscle, too.

wendy, congratulations. you're doing great.

vickie, i'm so glad jim is all right. that had to scare you to death. pizza? he's my kind of patient. get yourself some rest tonight. you need it.

paula, i'll bet you're excited about moving. makes me smile.

Vickie
06-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Sandra, I have a cyst on one of my kidneys. My guy says that alot of people have them. They just need to check with the ultrasound to make sure yours is the benign kind.

Kathy, I am no where near the woman you are! Plus, I'm spoiled. Maybe if I didn't know better. I'm just doing the important stuff for now.

aghiowa
06-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Vickie, I'm so glad things went well. Yes, I agree, just do the important things, and let those unimportant ones slide until you can better deal with them.

Another OP day for me, although I had 2 extra reduced-fat graham crackers. I'm counting that as a success though. :lol: I didn't get my morning snack, because we were at the eye doctor way longer than I expected. My dd, (the one with the bifocals, remember?) has been blinking a whole bunch, so I took her in to get a recheck. They ended up dilating her eyes so they could truly see her prescription. They haven't done that before for her. Turns out her eyes are a whole "click" worse than her current prescription, so she's getting new lenses soon. Good news though, is that it looks like the bifocals are working on fixing the one eye that was starting to turn in. So she will stay in bifocals for a while, but just with a stronger rx. Probably more info than you all wanted, but whatever. :)

I'm planning on a relaxing evening spent fishing on my computer game (Yes, you can fish, cook, even sew in-game) and sipping diet soda.

Later,
Angela

Katpo
06-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Oh, Vickie, you totally underestimate yourself! I'm serious! But like Angela said -- for the time being, do what HAS to be done and close your eyes to the rest. It's not going anywhere, and at least you started with a sparkling house! :hug:

I also have a cyst on one kidney. They checked it every six months for a while, determined that it wasn't going to be a problem, and said I was okay. I also have another on one lung. Both were found when I had a full-body scan in May of '04. I was in the hospital with what they thought was a heart attack, but turned out to be a few narrowings in some arteries. They didn't think it was bad enough to put a stent or even angioplasty. Anyhoo, it's surprising what all they can find when they look at everything.

I should go to bed now; have to work 10 hours tomorrow and I'm not happy about that.

ontarget
06-29-2006, 12:04 AM
vickie, thank you for sharing that with me. i have to confess i went into a bit of a panic. i hope to find out soon---and be done with all these medical tests.

angela, i'm glad you got dd some help with her vision. congratulations on your choices you made today.

kathy, thank you, too, for sharing. you're right. it is amazing what they can find. i'm glad you're all right.

septembersgoal
06-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Sandra, I'm sorry that you got some scary news yesterday, but it sounds like from Vickie and Kathy that it isn't too much to worry about. It's never good to hear that something's amiss with your body though. :hug:

Kathy, I'm sorry that you are working so much. I hope that today is a good day for you.

Vickie, you're going to do great. We know it! :D

Gotta get off of here and get to work. Last night was so draining and awful that I really just don't have the energy today. But I will, and hopefully get to relax tonight.

nurseinnc
06-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Good morning all, I usually weigh on Thurs so I decided to bite the bullet and weigh....I lost 2 lbs!!!! I have been really trying to stay on plan and I guess all of the packing and moving boxes has been exercise. I better get going, I have to go get my hair cut, rent a strorage unit and move a few boxes before we go to do the paperwork this afternoon. Have a great day everyone.

sauniemay
06-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Good morning,

It's nice to be home this morning. I had to take Bernie to work at 7:45, but that wasn't so bad, as I slept till 7:30.

Sandra, when will it end for you? I was glad to hear from Vickie and Kathy that this is a normal thing. However, I can understand that you weren't thrilled to hear the news. Get it checked out and let that be the end of your tests.

Melissa, you sound so worn out. Have you done any exploring as to other job possibilities? You really are wearing yourself down. Sounds like today will be better for you, I hope so.

Kathy, you really don't stop. I have to take deep breaths between your activities. It seems to be work at work and work at home. You've got to get a little play in that routine girl!

Vickie, hope that you and Jim had an okay night. I'm sure it will be a little tough going for a while. Take it easy, you need to look after yourself too.

Angela, glad that they've got DD's glasses figured out. My youngest had issues as a little guy, and wore a patch for a long time. Everything worked out at the end.

Frouf, any plans for the long weekend? Doesn't look like very good weather. We'll probably do something with Natan on Saturday. We were thinking of taking him to Upper Canada Village (pioneer village type place).

Niki, did you get any of that flood type rain? It looks awful in some areas. I guess we shouldn't complain.

Paula, when do you move? Is it far from your place?

Patti, guess the girls are home by now. Bet you're having a good time, enjoy.

Wendy, I made the oatmeal custard and it was very good. I did half the recipe and found it filling. Next time I'm going to put in a whole egg and see what happens.

Okay, time to do a few things around here. Looks like we might get a little sun before the rain comes.

sauniemay
06-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Paula, we posted at the same time, Congratulations!

Vickie
06-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm glad I made it here before lunch time. We had a quiet night and Jim didn't really have any pain. The pain block is wearing off now and he is starting to have some discomfort/pressure. I just fed him and the animals and now I've got to go and clean up the yard. Lot's of stuff for me to do. Plus, I have to get ready to have him at the PT by 1:30. I guess I'll have to feed him again before then!

Paula, huge Congratulations on your 2 lb loss! I hope I'm too busy to eat for the next week or so.

Angela, it sounds like you are doing GREAT! I knew you would.

Thanks, Kath! That was the point of the clean house. I didn't want to be fretting about that too.

Melissa, I hope today will be a good one for you and Aaron.

Saundra and Sandra, have a great OP day. Niki and Wendy....hope you're both well too!

I'll try to check in later.

Vickie
06-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey Saundra! Good to hear you survived yesterday. I was thinking the same thing about the whole egg for the custard. I'm too cheap to throw away two yolks, plus I love the texture you get from a whole egg. It's Core so why not eat them once in a while?

ontarget
06-29-2006, 11:05 AM
melissa, i hope your day's better.

paula, congratulations on losing those 2 lbs.

saundra, i am ready for all this checking to end. i think there's too many parts and pieces to have things wrong.

nurse vickie, remember to take care of yourself today. don't overdo it.

well, it's time to go. i'll be back later. have a good day, all.

Froufy
06-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Vickie - I am so glad to hear the surgery went well and the patient is recovering! I can't imagine tho having PT the next day? What are they trying to do? Torture the poor guy? I sure hope he doesn't feel too much pain! Take it easy and do what you can and don't fret about the rest.

Kathy - I agree that you do need to take a break? Don't you also have holiday coming up? July 4th? Maybe take the 3rd and have a long weekend (but no running around just relaxing!).

Saundra - glad you are 'resting' now and were kept busy at ww! I was going to take tomorrow off for an extra long weekend but given the weather report (and some deadlines I have) I might just come in. We were thinking of going to La Ronde (maybe sunday if weather is nice?) with kids. On canada day if weather cooperates we usually go to Andrew Haydon park - they have kiddie rides, and fireworks at night (and you can even see the downtown fireworks as well if you position yourself right so you can see down the river!).

Niki - sure hope you are not flooded!

Paula - congrats on the fabulous 2 lb loss - good for you. I bet with the continued packing you will continue to do well.

Sandra - hang in there - I am glad you are at least having things checked out and it sure sounds like it may not be serious given everyone else's experience. You're doing great in staying as positive as possible!

Angela - you obviously wear glasses - and can tell when something is amiss! My dd used to wear glasses (and I don't) and dh kept noticing her looking over the rim of her glasses and not thru them. I of course noticed nothing! (bad mother). Anyhow he asked her about it and she says she can see better over them??? (this was a few years ago of course - and we were told she would probably have glasses forever!). So I make an appt to the eye dr (earlier than planned) to check it out figuring she needs a new prescription.

He does all these measurements and tests and eye charts...then says - she's right - she really no longer needs the glasses! You should have seen my face! I was so stunned - and happy. Went down the halls of the children's hospital telling everyone I saw 'she's cured'!...they must have thought I was loony! I was so happy for her.

I did not do as well as planned at our party/meeting yesterday - I think now it's the smell of the food? When it's passed right under your nose and it smells yummy you just want some - whether you're hungry or not. At least I did better than in the past (probably had 3-4 crackers w/pate, a round cheese thing, some pecans, fruit and a handful of chips - and diet iced tea).

Did not go to the gym as I forgot my running shoes at home! Had some spicy mexican chicken and green beans for dinner then dh and I decided to go see Superman Returns which just opened last night - fabulous movie - very well done - I was impressed! (had popcorn and diet coke and feeling puffy today so I did not get on the scale!).

Bad sleeping night too - was up from 4-6 am! worrying about all sorts of things - then of course fell back asleep and was able to drag myself out of bed around 8 am so got here late! I did pack my running shoes today so will go to the gym after work.

Almost lunchtime!

Frouf

sunshinedaizy
06-29-2006, 12:58 PM
I have never tried the Custard with a whole egg. It was from a diet plan where I was not allowed to have the yolk...I will have to try it.

Well I had a good day yesterday. I did have noncore foods though that I know I should not have had but I was stressing. But I have that out of my system. Hopefully, It will not effect my weigh in tonight.

Well I am going to go...Talk to you later!

Mattandgabbysmom
06-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Good afternoon Chickies, I am beat, this is the first I am sitting all day. I went to Walmart with the kids then Grocery shopping, had alot to buy, then I had to bring all of the bags into the house and put everything away. Wanted to do all that this morning since we are suppose to get alot of rain. I just ate my fiirst meal about 15 minutes ago which I usually don't do but the day just flew by, I made cola chicken, very yummy!!

Sandra thank goodness I am not flooded, we got alot of rain over night. Glad Vickie and Kathy know about the cyst and hopefully it is harmless & normal. Once you get it checked out you will put your mind at ease.

Melissa, hope today is a less stressful day for you

Vickie glad to hear you guys had a peaceful night. Take care of yourself. How is cassie?

Paula congratulations on the 2lb loss

Wendy good luck on your weigh in tonight.

Saundra we did not get flooded, but I saw upstate NY is really bad with river
floodings. I hear thunder now, we are expecting more rain.

Mattandgabbysmom
06-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Sorry froufy it was you who asked if I was flooded, thank goodness we are not, but we are expecting alot of rain.

Vickie
06-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Hey Chicks! We're home from therapy and Jim did great. He's icing now and had some Motrin. He wants to go out for dinner but I'm going to hold him off until tomorrow or Saturday. I'd like him to be able to shower and dress before we go out. He thinks it's no big deal. Guys!

He's scheduled for therapy 3 days a week until the end of July. Then they'll re-evaluate to see if he needs more. The PT said he had really good range of motion and he says he doesn't hurt that bad. I hope it keeps up for his sake.

I took out some LO meat sauce for dinner and I'm hoping to get it to thaw fast enough. I'm really beat.

Cassie is acting weird and is acting constipated. Sheesh. That's all I need now. She's was kind of loose last night so maybe she has a bug. Lordy.

Hope you are all well!

ontarget
06-29-2006, 07:20 PM
froufy, i love it how you and dh go to the movies. i used to do that a lot when i lived down south. up here we mainly wait till they are out on dvd and rent them. superman is probably one we need to see on the big screen. in fact, we're going tomorrow and are taking the grands. should be fun.

wendy, i hope you had a good wi tonight.

nikki, i'm sooooo glad you didn't get flooded.

vickie, that's good news about jim. i hope ya'll get to go out to eat tomorrow. it will be a good break for both of you.

Vickie
06-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Frouf, I love Superman. Maybe Jim and I can go to the show next week after his therapy.

I'm off to lay on the couch. I made dinner, did the dishes and washed up the kitchen. Jim took Cassie out over my protests and got her to poop. She is TRULY Daddy's girl!

I'm tired and think I'll retire early tonight. We have to be up and out by 10:15 tomorrow.

septembersgoal
06-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey everyone,
We've been busy tonight preparing for the yard sale. So much work!

Vickie, I'm so glad that pt went well. It sounds like Jim is doing really great.

Kathy, are you doing okay? I see you haven't posted tonight. Hope all is well.

Sandra, movies with the grands sounds like a good plan for you. You've had a stressful week, too.

Niki, so glad you aren't flooded. And you were so busy today that you didn't eat? I'm impressed. :lol:

Off to get ready for bed and for work tomorrow....night all...:yawn:

Froufy
06-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Melissa - good luck with the yard sale - remember to negotiate! :D

Niki - so glad to hear you are not flooded - and sounds like you have brought in all the supplies - just in case :) - at least you won't go hungry.

Vickie - that Jim is like the man of steel himself - I am very impressed with his first PT session - and hope he is not in pain. I agree maybe dinner out can wait a day or two? Glad cassie's problem has resolved itself too.

Sandra - the only time we can actually be alone and watch something is when we go to the movies! ha ha ha. Honestly if we rent something there is one child or another hanging around - despite the fact that we have asked them to leave (and then we can't rent anything that is not 'family oriented'). Honestly it's probably more of an escape than true entertainment! (and the closest movie theatre is like a 10 min drive away!).

Definitley go see Superman Vickie - guarantee you will love it!

Where's kathy by the way???

So time for some virtual 'cruise' shopping:

bathing suit: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&item=120001837813&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 what do you think? too busy? (I think it will hide my tummy rolls?).

Dresses: love this one! http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&item=120002783409&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and a close second: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&item=110001929900&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Fancy beaded blouse - would look good with my black slinky pants: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&item=250002759417&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I stayed at work too late - inhaled my hb egg (I was so hungry) and then WENT TO THE GYM! and luckily while they suffered a power outage from 12-3 pm - by the time I got there it was all up and running and the a/c was starting to cool the place off again! I would like to switch my 1 month membership to a 3 month one (without paying additional fees) and hope I can do that (I am pretty sure Sue the owner will okay this) - and that will bring me almost exactly to my cruise date so it would work out real well!

Came home ravenous - had a great steak dinner (and have LO for lunch tomorrow)...and watched tv. Of course should be in bed by now (given my 4 am wake up last night) but trying to catch up w/everyone first.

I was going to take day off tomorrow but I shall go in to finish up a couple of things and it is supposed to rain again (actually thunderstorms in the pm) so I might as well go to work! Still hoping the rest of the long weekend is sunnier!

Nitey nite!

Frouf

nurseinnc
06-30-2006, 06:34 AM
Good morning everyone. Well, it's official, we signed the papers for our new house yesterday evening so we can officially start moving on July 1. Talk about quick. My head is still spinning. We have been looking for a new house for some time but this just fell into our laps when we least expected it. I still have a ton of packing and cleaning out to do. We already have collected enough stuff for 2 garage sales so hopefully next Saturday's sale will be a big success. The less I have to move the better. The dogs are nervous. They are not used to boxes everywhere and they just can't figure out what is going on. Skeeter is very clingy.
Well, I better go eat some breakfast and pack some more. Have a great day.

sauniemay
06-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi Paua, I'm so happy for you. You sound very excited and busy. Are you able to have some time off for everything that needs to get done?

Frouf, your shopping looks like fun. I love both of the dresses, tough choices. Bernie just mentioned that soon we'll be thinking about the winter trip. I told him that I already am. Actually, I bought a nice skirt with complementing sweater set at L.C. yesterday. It was half price and will perfect for all getaways.

Vickie, so glad that everything is going well. It's good that you'll be in contact with the professionals a lot. It's reassuring to hear that everything is okay. Sounds like Jim is ready to go. Hey, that's great. I'm sure that his shoulder will let him know when to slow down. I do hope that you slept well last night. You need to take it easy now. :)

Sandra, enjoy your movie with the grands. I'm sure you will all love it. We'll probably see it one of these days, but I think my first choice is a Devil of a Job with Meryl Streep. Maybe we'll go this weekend.

Melissa, it will be good to have the yard sale. Don't stress, and try to have fun. It's a neighbourhood thing, isn't it? You can socialize while your negotiating.:)
Hey, it's Friday girl!:carrot:

Niki, what's the forecast? We're having sunshine right now, but rain returning this afternoon. At least, it's great for the grass.

Kathy, did you poop out last night? Hope you're doing well.

I'm going to get my manicure and pedicure that I purchased from the Children's Hospital silent auction. My appointment is for 10:00. I also made an appointment for Thursday to get my hair cut. Ever since Kathy brought it up, I've had the bee in my bonnet. I may just do a shorter version of my current style, or look for something a "little" different. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Okay, coffee time, have a great day.

Vickie
06-30-2006, 08:27 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Happy Friday. I was SO looking forward to this day as being one that had Jim on the mend. He is! He hurts from therapy but he's says it's more ache than pain like he used to have before. Quite a lot of bone was removed including a hook that stabbed him all the time. He has exercises to do twice a day at home. He doesn't go to therapy again until Monday so I'm kind of anxious about whether or not he will do them religiously. He says he will and it sounds like the therapist told him some horror stories about people who didn't do their therapy. I don't want to nag but am quite capable of it if necessary!

I slept like a brick from 11:30 until 6:30 this morning. I think I got up once to use the washroom but really don't remember. Of course, we have lots to do this morning before the Doctor so I can't stay long. Jim wants me to try to wash his hair in the sink for him. This isn't going to be easy since he's 6 foot 2 and I'm 5 foot 2. I'll give it the old college try!

Now lets see how much I can catch up!

Vickie
06-30-2006, 08:35 AM
Oh Poop! I just typed a long post and lost it. Dang. I clicked on Saundra's picture to get a better look at her hair and lost what I had typed in the box. Oh well, I'll have to come back later since I'm out of time and must go get ready. I'll try to come back before we leave for the Doctor.

Katpo
06-30-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm here, just too busy to stay. Hope everybody's doing well.

septembersgoal
06-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Morning! :sunny:

Paula, Congrats on your new home! I feel your pain about packing and moving though. :) We are still trying to unpack boxes a month later.

Vickie, good luck washing that hair! :D I hope that you two have a great day. I'm so glad Jim is doing so well.

Saundra, I would love a new hairstyle too. Mine just hangs there pitifully. ;) Sounds like a great day for you! Enjoy!

Frouf, I like your choices, especially the bathing suit. And you get a big :bravo: for going to the gym last night. You're doing so well with your exercise!

Time to do some work...:comp:

septembersgoal
06-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Kathy we just miss you when you aren't around. :)

sauniemay
06-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Here I am, nothing done. They double booked, which meant, there was no one to service me. I changed the appointment to next Thursday. I will not use this place ever again! The owner was there, and not at all helpful. She has bad grammar. Grrrr!

Froufy
06-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Saundra - I hate when businesses have no real concept of customer service! I too would have been upset (what place by the way?). Hope in the end it's worth it and you get a fabulous manicure/pedicure.

Melissa and Paula - should have their garage sales together? right? :D:D

Paula - big congrats on the house purchase - how exciting for you. Good luck with the packing and the move!

Vickie - so how were you as a shampoo girl? But more importantly how much did Jim tip you? ha ha ha

Glad you hear you got a good night's rest and that Jim is recuperating well. Just wondering how you get 'hooks' in your bones? That sure sounds painful?

Kathy - thanks for checking in! Hope you are not being worked to death tho and have time to take a break?

Sandra - waiting for your 'movie review'! I think you will enjoy it.

Wendy - sounds like you got back on track despite the stress - how did your WI go?

Okay CALLING ALL SHOPPERS - come on people now - let's get cracking. I need some help here (see previous post). Sounds like a tie for the dresses and one vote for the bathing suit - now I KNOW you can do better than that??

I am at work today - altho the sun is desperately trying to peek out - looks like some rain/thunderclouds hanging around tho! It's pretty quiet here as many people take off the Friday before a long weekend! I also just realized all the stores will be CLOSED tomorrow (stat holiday) so I should try and get to a grocery store tonight to stock up for the weekend?

Sounds like tomorrow daytime should be okay (hot/humid but no rain) but 40% chance of rain in the evening which will probably cause major firework cancellations throughtout the city! :(

I am planning to go to gym after work today too as they are closed tomorrow and Monday - but I will still need to MOVE MY BUTT over the weekend to keep things moving in the right direction. May end up at sil's pool so will try to do some laps!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Frouf :)

sauniemay
06-30-2006, 01:35 PM
It's Spa Haven at Woodroffe and Strandherd. They're new and you'd think that they'd be trying harder. I still managed to spend $$ today, a new pair of shoes and a top for the skirt that Bernie got me last month. I'm definitely spending more than my very small income.:)

Vickie
06-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Frouf, darn it! That was part of the lost post. Here ya go:

I vote definite yes on the bathing suit. Very flattering and brown is very in for summer and fall this year.

I also love the first dress with the jacket and beads. The second dress doesn't do it so much for me because the flowers are bigger. I'm not wild about big flowers on short Vickie's and Froufies! The blouse doesn't do much for me either but then I guess I have a thing against big flowers. It would, however, look great and be comfortable over black fancy pants! That's my honest vote. Gotta go feed Honey Lamb lunch. I'll be back.

septembersgoal
06-30-2006, 02:17 PM
I honestly second everything that Vickie just said! :D

sauniemay
06-30-2006, 02:28 PM
I just went back, and the only thing that I'd have reservations about would be the blouse. I find it a little busy. However, I like both dresses, but prefer the first if you only want one.

aghiowa
06-30-2006, 03:09 PM
I also vote a yes on the bathing suit. I think it would flatter and be comfortable.

I like both dresses...my favorite was the 2nd, but I defer to everyone else's opinions on large flowers. I'm not known for my fantasic fashion sense. My uniform consists of jeans and plaid button-down shirts, usually. Although, the one I'm wearing today has flowers on it, and it snaps! :lol:

I'm still OP. Had a few close calls, but I managed to avoid trouble. We'll see how it goes over the holiday here. We have just one scheduled barbecue to go to, and it's mostly family, so I can bring chicken and fruit/veggies, and be fine I think.

Later,
Angela

Katpo
06-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Whew, what a day! I just got home from work. I'll also be working tomorrow and hopefully Monday (we're closed the 3rd and 4th) if I can get someone to come in. Tomorrow Judd's going to open the area, let me in, then come back later to get me. That's what happens when you work in a secret area, I suppose. You can't just walk in and start working. There's paperwork everytime the door locks and unlocks, we have to swipe in and enter a PIN everytime we come in, and just a certain few have access to all the combos and alarm codes. Damn Commies are ruining my schedule. :lol: Thank goodness it's let up in the past few years though -- we used to have to be searched every time we left.

I stopped by the store and got buns, mustard, onions and tomatoes, etc. so that we can eat hot dogs all weekend. I'm trying to avoid cooking, and we have a ton of hot dogs because they were 10 for $10 not long ago. I stocked up, but the worst thing is that there's a burn ban in effect and we can't grill outdoors. ALREADY! I guess I'll either broil them or use the GF.

Frouf, I couldn't wear that shirt but some people can carry it off. Flowers aren't my thing ... however, it's a great deal if you like it and also if you are a flower wearer. I like the swimsuit too.

I hope Jim's doing fine this afternoon; I haven't gotten to read much but I see that he has good range of motion, and am pleased with that. I'd like to be so lucky, but apparently my injury is different than a planned and controlled surgery, so I should just shaddup about it. The doctor says I'm lucky that I can already walk.

Now ... let me go read and I'll be back in a while. I hope everybody's having a great day. Congrats, Angela, for staying OP. That is quite an accomplishment, so you'll be back to goal in no time flat.

ontarget
06-30-2006, 07:38 PM
hi there. we are now home from lunch and the movies with the grands. talk about temptations! the girls loaded up on candies at cracker barrel and we "snuck' them into the theater. when we got home, i found a whole package of malted milk balls in my pocket. grandpa ate all of them. i stayed op all day and plan to tonight, too. are you impressed? (i am.)

frouf, i am glad you and dh are able to escape to the movies. i forget that you don't have much "the 2 of us" time. it's almost always just curtis and me. yes vote for the suit.

paula, congratulations on finding your new home.

saundra, that sounds like a good movie, too. i hope you go see it and give us a report.

vickie, i'm glad you got some rest last night. nag jim if you need to. he needs the pt. you'll be doing it for his own good.

kathy and melissa, you are 2 busy chicks.

frouf, we did enjoy superman. i have to admit i shed a few tears. now the grands? they ate the whole time. popcorn, different candies and licorice. curtis had 2 pkgs of m&m's. i just sat and watched the movie. oh!! you wanted a review of the flick not the concessions. i loved it and am waiting on the next one to come out. how about you?

congratulations,k angela. you're rocking, girl.

kathy, we don't have burn bans yet but they are coming. enjoy your hot dogs. sounds good to me.

Katpo
06-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Sandra, sounds like you had a great day with the grands! Congrats on avoiding all the candy pitfalls!

I just finished cutting up strawberries and cantaloupe, and making my lunch for tomorrow. Actually it looks more like a collection of snacks than a lunch. :lol: Whatever!

ontarget
06-30-2006, 09:13 PM
kathy, your fruit sounds good. i have some ranier cherries. they are yummy.

i'm meeting my gf for water aerobics in the morning. that will put me over my 4th of july goal. life is good.

septembersgoal
06-30-2006, 09:50 PM
:cheer: Yay Sandra!

Kathy, fruit sounds great. I haven't been getting to the Farmer's Market for the past few weeks. The stuff is so great there, I can hardly stand to buy it at Kroger.

I just got done mowing the front yard (yes, I mowed at 9:30 pm!). It only took about 15 minutes. I just couldn't bear to leave it for the rest of the weekend looking that way. The back will have to wait, but at least the front looks presentable.
We've been out shopping and running errands. Got a new modem for my mom's computer which we think was blown out by lightning. Tomorrow's the big yard sale, so I have to go finish finding things to get rid of. :)
I hope that you all have wonderful Saturdays. I won't be back online until tomorrow night probably.

Froufy
06-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Good luck with the yard sale Melissa - hope you get rid of all the 'old' stuff!

Kathy - sounds like you are putting in a lot of time at work! Bringing mucho snacks is a great idea! esp fresh fruit!

Sandra - I think there must be a sequel brewing somewhere - they sure left it like that? Kudos to you for resisting all the goodies floating all around you!

Saundra - at least you got some 'goodies' for yourself today. I agree that as a new place they should really try to satisfy the customer!

So there was a baby shower at work today - in the boardroom right near my office (where I could smell the chocolate wafting off of the chocolate fountain - yes you heard me right chocolate fountain!!). So there's like 2 kinds of cake and chips and dips and cookies and fresh fruit. I was a very well behaved froufie and only had a plate of fresh fruit and a diet coke. Spent much of the time chatting w/my cruise buddy and going over more 'details'!

I did go to the gym after work (YIPPEE) but ended up later going out for dinner w/dh and little ds to the chinese buffet - but I did manage to eat carelly and tried to make better choices - steamed rice, lots of chinese veggies - nothing that look breaded or fried - also had a huge plate of salad from the salad bar first and a bowl of won ton soup which helped fill me up. I actually avoided the dessert bar!

Stopped to get some groceries on way home as I suspect everything closed tomorrow for Canada Day! Also got some gorgeous fresh strawberries and raspberries! and salad fixings - picked up a tray of hamburgers and got some ww buns as well cuz I'm sure we will end up at sil's pool this weekend - and I do usually bring my own food (so as not to burden her and as we always invite ourselves over! :D). I am looking forward to swimming a few laps (and hoping it doesn't rain too much!).

Speaking of swimming - thanks to all for the shopping/clothing advice. Much appreciated and you have reminded me to go check my bids! I think I have been outbid on the bathing suit so searching some other options - something called a miracle suit - and boy I really need a big miracle to even get myself into a bathing suit!!!!

Frouf

Vickie
07-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

:carrot: Happy Canada Day to my Canadian Chickie Friends!!! :carrot:

It seems like forever since I've been here. Jim is doing well. His PT didn't hurt too bad and they were happy with his range of motion even one day after surgery. The Doctor removed his butterfly bandages and put new ones on with an oval clear cover. He was allowed to shower yesterday! He has no stiches but must keep those bandages on until his next appointment on July 17th. No swimming for him until after then. He also has to make sure he doesn't let the shower hit right on them and must pat dry to help keep them on as long as possible. He'll be in the sling for at least 2 weeks and his total recuperation will be around 6-8 weeks. He's already stretching out the pain medicine. What a trouper!

He's walked Cassie a couple of times to get her to go and he's already doing a few one armed things like carrying newspapers to the recycling bin. All in all, I have to say that it's not as bad as I feared. Why does that always happen? I'm tired though. I woke up at 4:15 and laid in bed for an hour trying to go back to sleep. I gave up and got up. I had to do a load of laundry before the sprinkler system came on at 7:00. There is NO water pressure when the sprinklers are running so I won't be able to do anything water related until 11:00. That's ok with me since I'll be eating breakfast and getting organized. I'm going to two grocery stores later to get food for tomorrow. Another Froufie roast for us since our local butcher has eye of the round roast on sale. They also have sirloin burgers on sale. We didn't really have enough leftovers last time, so I'm going to buy a bigger roast.

We've been invited to the Niece/NIL's house for Fourth of July. Yay! I'll be making ww pasta salad and a lemon weight watcher cake. I don't know what it is with me and lemon lately, but there is definitely a love affair going on! :D We're having garlic lemon chicken today.

It's supposed to be 90 today. My plan is to go grocery shopping in the early afternoon and then come home and go in the pool. I'm not sure how warm it is but I have to get the cover off and vacuum it out. Maybe I can get some running/walking/aerobic exercise in. I could use some stress relief since I was pretty tight chested yesterday and did not eat well at dinner. Oh Well, it was one meal and I plan to be totally on track today.

Now let's start a menu thread and see how you all are doing!

Vickie
07-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Paula, congratulations on your new home! Jim and I moved into our new dream home on July 1, 1997. It's a great and lucky day to move as far as we are concerned.

Melissa, good luck with the garage sale. Have you decided what you'll spend your loot on? Last year, I used the money to buy my new prelit Christmas tree!

Saundra, I'm with you. There is no excuse for poor customer service. They should have given you something else for free for your trouble. What's to stop it from happening again? I'm glad you found some nice things to make you feel better.

Frouf, I was a GREAT shampoo girl! Jim says I'm not allowed to say what my tip was except that it was non-monetary! :o He also said that was happens in the salon stays in the salon! :o :D

Angela, keep it up and those 10 pounds will be gone in no time!

Kathy, I hate that you are working today! It seems like you never get to rest. More importantly, it's scarey that the fires are starting already and it only the first of July.

Sandra, I'm glad to hear that you liked Superman also. Ebert only gave it 2 stars and Jim usually agrees with Ebert. I was thinking that he wouldn't let us go to see it at the show but he's ok with it. I'm hoping to go next Friday since there are no PT appointments or any other appointments that day.

Vickie
07-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Ok Chicks, I'm off to make some peach muffins. I'm using the lemon blueberry recipe but I'm subsituting vanilla pudding for the lemon and the Del Monte fruit cup peaches for the blueberries. Those muffins are darned good. I'll let you know how the experiment turns out.

nurseinnc
07-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone. Thanks for all of the congrats on the new house. I will be very busy for the month of July. My daughter got back from New Orleans and Mississippi yesterday afternoon so she came over last night and sorted through her stuff in the basement. Now I have a ton of stuff for the yard sale next weekend. The more I sell or throw away the less I have to pack and move! I have to work tonight and tomorrow night so I may not be back online until Monday. Have a great weekend everyone.

Froufy
07-01-2006, 10:14 AM
HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL CANADIAN CHICKIES! ENJOY THE DAY!

(read here for some 'canadian contributions': http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/SummerDays/articles/InventedinCanada.htm)

Paula - glad to hear you are getting organized - I agree the more you can get rid of the less hassle packing it all! good luck.

Just heard of a new place called "Vickie's X-rated Beauty Salon' - lots of exciting stuff going on there and I don't just mean some trimming! ;) ;) I hear the shampoo girl is real cute!

Glad to hear Jim is on the mend and can shower and do some one-handed stuff! Good for him. Hope you get all your shopping done and can relax in the pool this pm.

Dh is actually on the phone right now with his sister making plans to visit her pool! (I am so glad I got the burgers and salad supplies so I can bring stuff I can eat! - I think I shall also make a fresh fruit salad as I have lots of fruit in the fridge). The big problem is I understand her son (24) just got a KITTEN! I hear it only stays in the basement but this frouf is pretty allergic to cats so this is NOT GOOD NEWS. Luckily I can stay outside most of the day and if it does not hang around the main level I should be okay - maybe I shall take an antihistamine before I go?

Problem will be leaving there? Still want to fireworks in town (she lives about 1/2 hr away) so need to plan for that? The park we go to is very busy and lots of families/cars/people there to see fireworks. I suppose if it does rain as they say later today this is not even worth worrying about!

I am excited to get the sunscreen on and go swimming - I am trying to be extra active - I think I shall do maybe 6 laps every hour? What do you think (okay we are talking tiny inground pool so don't get too excited) - like maybe 25 feet long?)

The only problem is how bad I look in my bathing suit with my stomach hanging out! While this is all family I am stil a bit embarrassed about my size!

I was up around 7 am to go to bathroom then slept again til 9:30 so I am up now...and hungry - shall have a big froufie weekend breakfast (scrambled eggs, sliced tomato, tea, bagel) which should hold me over for a long time! I am also going to pack up some carrots and dip and diet pepsi so I can snack on healthy stuff.

Time to go dig out the shorts, bathing suit, old t-shirt and swimming mask!

Later,

Frouf:D

P.S. My brother just called from Florida - and the ex-canadian wasn't even aware it was Canada Day too funny - I said you must be calling to wish us a happy Canada Day - yes we are bbqing, drinking labatt's and going to watch Gordon Lightfoot on canadian channels! ha ha ha Sounds like he is hopefully coming to visit (they are going to Mexico next week) early August - the kids will go nuts - if you think I am crazy/funny - he is more so - I am actually the 'mature' one in the family (even tho I'm younger than him!). He keeps everyone rolling in stitches with his stories too (I think we both get it from our Dad - who was the funniest and ultimate storyteller!). :)

Vickie
07-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Have a great day, Frouf! Swimming is just fabulous exercise!

Jim says he'll be visiting my salon regularly!!!!!

Vickie
07-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Wow! Talk about people with lives!

I just came home from running my errands. I have everything I need to make to bring with me on Fourth of July and have dinner for tonight and tomorrow. I'm guessing we'll have our normal Chipotle for dinner tomorrow night.

We did make an emergency trip to the Vet with Cassie. It's 73 degrees in here and she was breathing very hard, not pooping, and not really eating well. The Vet cut her thyroid medicine in half and gave us an antibiotic to get her intestines back in working order. Another $54! She's expensive, but cheaper than kids.

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Kathy, do they ever let you come up for air?

ontarget
07-01-2006, 06:01 PM
HAPPY CANADA DAY!! to our canadian chickies. happy saturday to the rest. it's h-o-t here. we're staying in this afternoon keeping cool. i did go to water aerobics this am and met my goal for the 4th. we had a great class--exercising to music from the 50's. sure had fun with "lolly pop" and other goodies. songs, that is.

melissa, i guess you're rich by now. did you sell a lot of cherishables?

frouf, you have a way of writing that makes grocery shopping sound luxurious. i went to the store and got some fruit today, too. it's the weather for it, isn't it?

vickie, i'm so glad jim's improving so quickly. that's amazing. i was going to suggest running, etc for water aerobics. what they have us do is start with 10 minutes of warmup/stretching. then 40 min of different activities like jogging, jumping, doing a rocking chair, leap frogging, cross country skiing, moguling. we do each staying in one spot for awhile, then we do them sideways the length of the pool and back. we are continually moving our arms, too, doing punching, scissors, half jumping jacks, etc...sometimes we hop on one foot, sometimes we jumprope (ropeless). today we played with noodles. we tied our noodle in a knot then used it like weights doing some lifting exercises. we end each session with 10 minutes of cool down stretching. hope this gives you some ideas. the main thing is to make it fun--and keep moving those arms and legs. i'm glad you were able to get cassie some help today.

speaking of superman, curtis and i both shed a few tears during the flick. guess we're more stressed than i'd thought.

paula, it was good to see your post. i know you're busy right now and can't get here much. we miss you.

where's kathy?

septembersgoal
07-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Whoa Sandra! Three posts in one! :lol:

We did have our yard sale today, but didn't do nearly as well as we thought. I don't know if it was the outrageous heat or the holiday weekend, but there just weren't that many shoppers at all. We're pretty much donating everything to goodwill, but I kept a few things to try to sell or give away. At least I got rid of a lot of stuff. People buy the strangest things! :)

DH is playing a gig at a kidney foundation fundraiser tonight. I'm going to do some relaxing and some picking up around the house. I hope that you are all doing great!

Vickie, sorry to hear that you had to take Cassie to the vet, but I'm glad that things weren't any worse.

Happy Canada Day! Hope you're having fun in the sun Frouf.

Paula, I hope that you have a better turn out for your sale than I did!

ontarget
07-01-2006, 07:41 PM
melissa, thanks for pointing it out for me. i just fixed it. (hopefully) i'm sorry you didn't get rich today but i'll bet you're just as tired as if you had.

Katpo
07-01-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm finally here. I left work and went to Central Market (http://www.centralmarket.com) and got quite a few things. I got bulk steel cut oats, chipotle chili powder for my sweet potato oven fries, minced garlic, brown and wild rice, Texmati brown rice, and fresh-ground natural peanut butter. I also got some organic blue corn tortilla chips because I'm making guacamole tomorrow.

We were supposed to have the salmon tonight but a friend of Judd's was over and we were sitting on the back patio, so decided to grill some hotdogs. I made some baked beans, opened a bag of chips, and we were good to go. We were careful with the grill and nothing happened. It's not totally banned for private residences but strongly discouraged. However, it worked out. We're doing it again tomorrow evening with different people, but I have portabello mushrooms to grill for me to eat.

Looks like it's been a sorta slow day. I think I'll go take a bath and will be back in the morning. I'm worn out.

Froufy
07-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Vickie - sounds like you are all set with your celebrations - did you get to go into the pool? or did Cassie's 'emergency' visit change your plans? Sure hope the meds help and she is feeling like herself soon!

Kathy - hope you are relaxing after your bath - and glad you were able to grill 'carefully'!

Sandra - we were all crying at the superman movie so don't feel too bad -even little ds was crying - we are a 'sensitive' bunch!

Hey melissa - I'm sure the goodwill (and people who benefit from them) will be thrilled with your donations!

And as for 'fun in the sun' - well maybe periodic fun in the sun - in between some rain showers? We got to sil's around 1 pm - still sunny and beautiful weather! So right into the pool I went - she keeps her pool ABNORMALLY WARM (like 98 degrees) cuz of her disabled son who uses the pool...so to be very honest it was not that 'refreshing' (except when you got out :D) - but at least it was not super hot out so it was okay.

I did a few laps and then just 'fooled' around with little ds so while I was not doing anything strenous (like Sandra our resident mermaid!) at least I was moving? Little ds had a blast and finally (with his mask on) made it all the way underwater and learned to do some somersaults and headstands - of course we could barely get him out of the pool - and he was turning awfully pruney!

We made it in before the first rain shower in time for lunch (around 4 pm?)- and while I didn't think I was hungry - it was the kind of thing that when you saw the food you became ravenous??? I ate 2 hot dogs (1 bun) tossed salad, potato salad (ya I know I should have passed that up!) and some fruit salad for dessert.

Later on made coffee and I had one chocolate chip cookie (while dh gorged himself on them! - they were yummy). More family showed up so we chatted awhile and then went in again as more rain started.

Ended up leaving around 8 pm as it was drizzling with no inclination to see any fireworks (I did hear some 'popping' a little while ago somewhere in the vicinty). Both dd and big ds are out downtown at Parliament Hill w/their friends - expecting dd soon w/2 gf's for sleepover - YIPPEE!

...and of course it's raining yet again!

...and I have not eaten anything more tonight so hoping the few little 'booboos' won't cause too much damage!

nitey nite

frouf

Vickie
07-02-2006, 07:15 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm here with bloodshot eyes and my morning decaf coffee. Jim got up at 4:00. He didn't take any pain medicine last night and was hurting. I got up at 5:00 and started to take care of "stuff".

Cassie ate her new food blend this morning rather happily even though there is still some of the dreaded old food in there. I never just change straight out. I've always gradually changed pet food since it is easier on their systems. This morning she will get 1/2 of her thyroid pill which should alleviate the heavy breathing problems. The Vet thought her symptoms were from too much thyroid medicine. Of course, this is a bad time of year for Cassie anyway because she is very afraid of fireworks. I tried to walk her for the last time last night at about 10:00 and she refused to go at all. She was ready this morning though!

I went to several stores yesterday plus the Vet and then came home, put everything away, and did laundry. Then I cooked and cleaned up the kitchen. I never did get into the pool. It was just too late after walking the dog and everything else. In hindsight, I did WAY too much yesterday. I'm sitting here this morning feeling like I never slept. I'm going to try to take it a bit easier today. I've got some laundry to finish and the dog to walk but besides that, dinner, and some paperwork, I should be done. Without a doubt, I'll have a nap today. I have to go into the pool today because I need to vacuum and put chemicals in so it doesn't turn green! I like green but not in a pool!

I'm making another Froufie roast today. I bought a bigger one so that there will be more leftovers! Jim got to the leftovers last time before I could. I'll make mashed potatoes and corn with it so it won't take me long to cook when I come in from the pool. I'll also make gravy for Jim. I haven't eaten gravy on my mashed potatoes since I was a kid. I've been using the Knorr packets for years and they are delicious every time and there is hardly any fat in them at all.

Ok, let me go see what my favorite Chickie friends have been up to!

Vickie
07-02-2006, 07:31 AM
Paula, I'm glad your daughter is home to help. I hope you have more luck with your garage sale than Melissa did.

Frouf, you are SO funny! Jim was feeling better until he decided he didn't need pain medicine anymore. He's icing now and seems to see the error of his ways. I'm really glad that you enjoyed the BBQ and the pool yesterday. I'm sure you got in enough exercise to cover for the few lapses in food choices. 98 degrees is quite warm! Jim and I like it about 86 or 88. Once it gets to 90, we start leaving the solar cover off. When it gets higher than that we start adding cold water. I understand her reasons though. I don't know what temperature my pool is up to but I'll be finding out in about 8 hours!

Sandra, it's great that you've found your exercise niche. I'd love to do a water aerobics class but I'm too lazy and shy to go to a public place. That's why I live for my pool to be open. Thanks for the pool exercise ideas. That's pretty much what I do when I'm in there but I bet I don't keep moving for a whole hour straight. I have a tendency to do about 30 minutes at a stretch. Mostly, I love to float and look up at the clouds! :D

Melissa, that's so awful that you didn't do well at your garage sale. Our subdivision sale usually has great turnout. We advertise in our local paper and in the grocery stores in the area. It's usually quite crowded the first day and quieter the second day.

Kath, I never had sweet potato fries. I'll have to try them some time. Jim won't eat them but I can just make regular fries for him. I'm glad you enjoyed your impromptu BBQ. You really sound tired so I hope you rested well last night.

sauniemay
07-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Good morning chickies, it seems like it's been a long time. Yesterday was a busy one. We went to July 1st day at Andrew Haydon Park. It was just packed full of families and the parking was far from the fair. We went with the kids and a single dad friend of their's with his daughter. Natan had a good time, but with pretty pooped after a few hours. They had kiddie rides and he loved those. There wasn't much quality entertainment, and I found it warm and noisy. My sister just called and asked why we didn't come to the cottage for the day, yesterday. Geesh, why didn't they call and ask us???
We saw the movie at 5:00 and out for a very good dinner after that. Turned out good. We liked the movie. Meryl Streep is always good. The story was interesting and actually, having worked in the corporate world, I could see it as a truth.

Vickie, hope that you get into the pool soon. It's going to be pretty warm here, so a pool would be very inviting. You are so organized with everything ready ahead of time. I've got potatoes in the microwave for a potato salad, which I'll put together this afternoon. I'm also making home made burgers and dogs for Bernie and Natan. The kids are bringing him here after lunch. He'll hang out with me until Bernie comes home from work (9:00-5:00). I'm going to pick up a few groceries at Farm Boy soon and everything will be ready to rock and roll.

Sandra, I connected with a lady not far from here who wants to go walking. I'll see what happens with that. Maybe I can convince her to look into water aerobics too. I do have to get into something. I'll probably go back to Curves, and give my notice. I just don't think it's worth the $$. What are your 4th plans?

Kathy, you sound worn out chickie. Hope you find time to gear down today.

Melissa, at least you know what you don't want to keep anymore. That's half the battle, and like Frouf said, at least someone will appreciate your "stuff". I'm constantly rounding up the things that don't need to be here and dropping them off to Goodwill. Last time, it was a car full.

Paula, hope you're having fun with dd and not working her too hard.

Okay, better go and tidy up before I leave the house. Hope it's a good day for all.:)

Katpo
07-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Good morning, chickies! I'm finally here after being up and down all night. No particular reason except I just couldn't sleep. It was probably the hot dog; I'm not used to having something quite that processed. It's surprising what a difference it makes.

Judd is on a motorcycle ride but this week with people he's never ridden with before. That guy who crashed last week is doing better; I think he went back to work toward the end of the week. Judd should be home by 3, then the people are coming over around 5. We're not sure about some of them, so it might end up only being the same guy that was here yesterday ... Judd's friend Jon that he always hangs around with.

I should go back to the store in a while for just a few things. I'm not interested in doing any housework and since I have two more days off, I can get my laundry done with no problem. The house is clean enough for me.

sauniemay
07-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Kathy, sit for a little while and take long breaths, you need to stay in one spot for a bit. I had a tiny bite of Bernie's hot dog at the fair and didn't like it. It's interesting how we lose our taste buds after a while.

Here's a picture of Natan at the fair.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d923b3127cce8ac402f08ceb00000015102AbtXDhm1aMX

Vickie
07-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Saundra, Natan is adorable! I'm sure he had a great day yesterday, even though it was long and he was tired. I still feel like I need to be invited to my Sister's house too. Funny isn't it?

Kath, sorry you couldn't sleep. I'd be blaming that hot dog too. I'll be having one at the ballpark on the 26th. I can't wait. It'll be a huge kosher dog with sauerkraut and mustard. I don't care if it makes me sick. At least that's what I say now. I hope lots of people show up for your BBQ.

Not looking good for the pool. Rain is threatened on and off today and it's kind of gray although hot. I may go in anyway, just to get the maintenance done.

Vickie
07-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Hey, Saundra, how come your trackers aren't showing any more?

Gotta go rub the Froufie roast up!

sauniemay
07-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Gee, Vickie, didn't notice. I think I fixed it, thanks.

The clouds keep coming out, and the wind is blowing, hope I can do my barbeque. I spoke to Adam, and he's coming too.

ontarget
07-02-2006, 12:16 PM
hi there, chickies. i have a pan of sweet n saucy meatballs in the oven. i've been hungry for them lately. they should be good. curtis likes them a lot, too.

yesterday afternoon curtis and i went to the outdoor range and walked the course. i was climbing hills and having a blast. you know how sometimes when you're going downhill you lose your footing and have to do some fast footwork (winding up almost running)? well, i ran!!!! i almost cried i was soooooooo happy. my feet are doing great!

frouf, last night we watched an a&e show about the history of superman. it was fabulous. that man of steel has been around about 70 years. i wouldn't be doing anything strenuous in a pool either if it weren't for drill sargents urging me on. i'll bet you had fun at the pool.

vickie, 30 minutes is good. you're going to see those pounds float away. do you have a noodle? they are good to use as weights in the water.

saundra, what a cute little guy!!!! now, he's at the age where fairs are a blast. i know you were all smiles watching him ride the rides. i like water aerobics 100% better than going to curves. it's fun. i hope your gf and you find a class. walking is good. are your feet up to it?

kathy, enjoy your company, even if it's just jon. sounds like a laid back day for you. that's good. i hope you can sleep tonight. sounds like you and vickie may need naps today.

vickie, i hope you get to do some swimming today.

saundra, i hope your weather holds for the bbq.

we have oodles of sunshine. wish i could share. have a great day all. i need to get off and get something done.

Vickie
07-02-2006, 02:56 PM
No sun here. I'm sad. And the Cubs are beating the Sox 7-2 in the first inning. No pitcher duel here.

Sandra, you are an exercise maven. Jim and I were talking and I must acknowledge that until I start exercising regularly the weight is not going to come off again. When I was losing I was exercising 6-7 days a week. Somehow, I need to find my groove again.

I never tried the meatballs. What do you make with them? Is the recipe on our board? I'm really happy for you that your tootsies are recovering. It's no fun to be disabled, even it's only temporary. Jim and I watched the A & E Superman Special. I didn't like the early stuff but I loved all the Christopher Reeves and Dean Cain stuff. I was a HUGE fan of the Dean Cain/Terry Hatcher combo! I own the DVD of the TV show and I'm sure I'll be asking for all the seasons. Today, I'm watching Superman One with Christopher Reeve. I've scheduled Jim and I to see Superman Returns on Friday. You and Frouf's reviews helped me convince Jim to go. Friday is the only day we have free next week.

Well, I'm going to go watch TV and pray the sun comes out. We had to go back to the butcher to get a new roast. Mine had turned funny over night. Jim said it was ok but I thought it smelled funny. I have a very sensitive nose. I told Jim I couldn't eat it so he returned it. What a guy. Yes, I sent him in with his bad shoulder since I'm not showered. Bad wifey. The new roast is all rubbed up and ready to cook in a couple of hours.

I'll be back later.

ontarget
07-02-2006, 05:27 PM
vickie, i think you're right about exercise. remember when monkeypoodle was running and losing all that weight? why don't you join the july goals? it's all about exercise unless someone wants to change it and have it include something else. (ya'll know i'm always open for change.)

you're going to love the new superman movie. it has a lot of "heart." i think the meatball recipe is here. i'll go look and post the page. today i had mine with polenta cakes and mixed veggies--all core. curtis had some non-core mashed potatoes as well. if the recipe isn't here, i'll post it. it's a keeper. i love it.

for this afternoon's snack, curtis and i had peach sorbet. i used the sorbet recipe at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49333&page=6 . i used frozen peaches instead of berries this time. it tasted sinful.

found it! the sweet n saucy meatball recipe is one angela posted. it's totally core. here is where you can find it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49330&page=3 i think these meatballs would make a good appetizer if you made them fairly small. today i added some dried onion flakes and dried parsley flakes to my meat mixture. curtis raved.

aghiowa
07-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Yes, I posted the meatball recipe. It's one of our favorites. You can leave the meat mixture very plain, or you can jazz it up with spices of your choice.

My hubby really loves them too.

I need to get dinner started, so I'll be back later.

Angela

ontarget
07-02-2006, 05:34 PM
angela, we like it just as well as is. today i just decided to do some experimenting. thank you again for posting the recipe for us.

Vickie
07-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks girls! Jim won't eat meatballs but I love them. Perhaps I'll make them for me for lunches. I'm sure I'd like them with FF cottage cheese or maybe some barley.

Never got any sun to go into the pool. Not much chance tomorrow either.

I'm making my roast right now and it's time to do my Core mashed potatoes. I'll stop by later.

Vickie
07-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Wow, Terry! I wonder how's she's doing. I'm going to try very hard to exercise again. Life is a tiny crazy right now but certainly I'm worth it?!

BTW, Sandra, I'm making your friend's lemon pop cake for the Fourth. It'll cost me some points but not as many as if I ate regular desserts....and there will be plenty of those.

septembersgoal
07-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Mmmm...those meatballs sound good! :T
I've been out shopping this afternoon with my mom. She spent too much money on me as usual.

Vickie, I'm so glad that Jim is doing well enough to go to the store for you! And it's probably good that he learned that he needs his meds. Yes, our yard sale did poorly but it was not a neighborhood thing. I don't know if there was another yard sale very close at all. We still sold quite a bit of stuff. And either way it's outta here! ;)

Sandra, you are doing so amazing. You're very inspiring. I'm going to reach my july exercise goal. Oh look, yours is higher than mine. Maybe I should try to keep up. ;) I should probably count all of my shopping walking, but I won't. Thanks for recommending the meatballs and sorbet. I'll have to try it. Do you think we'll ever get "there?"

Kathy, I hope that you are thoroughly enjoying your days off. You definitely deserve it.

Saundra, Natan is so cute!

Well ladies I know it is a silly thing to say but I think that I'm going to actually try to do core again. I haven't really been doing any type of diet lately (well, more core than anything, but not following the rules at all). So tomorrow I'm going to get back on the wagon. Just wanted to let you all know. And I'm going to post whatever I eat, good or bad. :)

aghiowa
07-02-2006, 06:21 PM
You know, Melissa, I had that same realization last week. Core works, but you have to actually live the program. You can't do it halfway. You have to just tell yourself, "I'm going to control what goes into my mouth," and then do it. I know that if I go into it thinking I can "work" the program a little, I don't succeed.

Good luck...I know you can do it!

And Saundra, Natan is adorable!

Angela

septembersgoal
07-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks Angela, I really appreciate your encouragement!

Katpo
07-02-2006, 06:56 PM
I just made fresh guac with avocados (of course), purple onion, jalapenos, tomatoes, and my new minced garlic that I bought yesterday. I put out the Guiltless Gourmet Black Bean Spicy Blue Corn tortilla chips -- and I must say, it is quite addicting.

I have hamburger patties, hot dogs, Italian sausage, and spicy hot links ready to be put on the grill. Also made baked beans and sliced/diced all the vegetables. I think it'll just be 4 adults (unless Shaun comes downstairs, then it'll be 5) and three 10 year old boys. It should be good though, and we'll have plenty for leftovers for the next few days. Tomorrow, however, I must cook the salmon that I thawed out last night. It's in the fridge.

I probably won't be back til morning because I must get in there and play hostess.

ontarget
07-02-2006, 07:23 PM
vickie, you are most definitely worth it. let me know how you like the cake. i think you will love it. you're right. these ww desserts are definitely much much lower in points than most "regular" desserts. i'm glad jim's able to get out and about, too. that will do wonders for his mind. your dinner sounds delicious. enjoy!

melissa, i think you're smart to keep your goal low. i know what you mean about thinking about upping it. i thought about upping mine but not for long. i need to be successful and to feel like i'm going "beyond". i can't explain what meeting the 4th's goal has meant to me. and water aerobics? i give it 95% credit for my success. i finally found something that is fun. something i look forward to doing. find you something fun, too. you'll be amazed at how much easier it is to do. i'm not going to count shopping either. i was even hesitant to credit my time at the archery range. that's why i counted 20 minutes instead of the hour we were there. the plan for this week is to do water aerobics 3 times and do some biking. curtis got our street bikes out and ready for us to take some rides down in a local park. life is good.

melissa, we are going to get there. we've just been on the scenic route.

angela, you're right. i used 3 wpa's today. sort of felt guilty even though i shouldn't have. this is the perfect time of year for lots of fruit and veggies. we can do this.

kathy, your menu sounds delicious. i know you're having a good time with your friends. makes me smile.

Vickie
07-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Hey Chicks! Aren't we all just enthused. This is good! I finished dinner and cleaned up. While I was cleaning up the sun came out so I hopped into my swimsuit and ran outside. Jim fretted because he couldn't help me with the solar cover. But, I got it off and back on by myself. He had to come out, though, when I was putting it back on to use the pole to help me. He just wants to take care of me like he always does and it's making him crazy. So I got to be in the pool for about an hour. I was able to jog a bit and clean and vacuum the bottom.

Jim didn't drive to the store by himself. I drove him and he went in because he didn't care how he looked and I did!

I've showered, taken out the garbage and recyling and I'm about to do a load of towels. Then I have to sneak out to the curb with a bag of cat waste that I forgot about. I have my nightgown on and don't want anyone to see me!

Kathy, your guac sounds so fabulous that I could drool. It's one of my weaknesses! Have a great time. I bet you are an amazing hostess.

Melissa and Angela, you know that you're both right. When you REALLY follow the rules of the program and exercise, you lose weight. We have all proven it at one time or another.

Sandra, what do you think about putting poppyseeds in the cake? I've got a hankering for lemon poppyseed muffins and thought that might kind of taste like those.

I'm gonna go hang out with Honey Lamb.

Katpo
07-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Hey, all. I'm done now and they're all gone. Jon just left and he was the last -- but I thought he was going to have to stay because we couldn't find his keys! I finally found them down the side of the recliner, where I guess they fell when he was watching golf earlier with Judd.

Kate and her friend Beth came over too, and Erin got home from the lake, so there were a few more people here. We had plenty of food and have lots of leftovers too, which is nice because it'll be lunch for tomorrow. At least it'll be lunch for the rest of them -- I'm up to 148 tonight and not happy about it. I'm sure it'll be a little over 146 in the morning; still a far cry from the 144 that I was this time last week. Ugh.

I'm going to bed now; tomorrow's a new day. I hope everybody's having a good evening.

septembersgoal
07-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Vickie, you have a cat?

Sandra, you're right. I need some sort of fun exercise. I'm just not sure what. :?: I thought I would really get into those dance videos...maybe I need to give them another shot. Congrats on all of your exercise plans. And yes, we're on the scenic route! :lol:

Kathy, glad you had fun tonight. I wouldn't worry too much over the scale. It's a finicky little creature. ;)

Good night all!

Froufy
07-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Hi there,

sounds like lots of bbqing going on this weekend?

Vickie - glad you got out to the pool for a jog and hope that the late night news does NOT carry the store of the kitty poop bandit - running around at night in her jammies leaving kitty poop on the roadside! ha ha ha

Hope your fresh new froufie roast turned out yummy!

kathy - I love having LO - no more cooking? sounds like everyone had a nice time at your bbq!!

Saundra - natan is a real cutie - so did you see people trying to drive up the 'lawn' to get back on Carling instead of going the 'right' way? We saw that last year - as people had no patience to wait their 'turn' to drive out (we were parked on the lawn near the marina of course!). Sounds like you have a great party planned too!

Sandra - good for you for sticking to the exercise goal! I too shall have to make the same commitment!

Well we were back at the pool today at sil's place. My Mil (sil's/dh's mom) was there yesterday and she is a real 'queen bee' - tends to put a damper on most family occasions as she has these 'rules' that are in her head and if we don't adhere to them - well she gets all mad and usually leaves in a huff. Yesterday she was of course invited to the family pool party - when her grandaughter showed up (dh's niece) with new baby and handed baby over to her mother instead of her grandma - well that was a real 'faux pas' and she was 'punished' for doing that! Then later on in the evening I got in trouble since I was talking to niece and her dh and mil was sitting a few feet away and could not hear the conversation (instead of moving closer or saying something she just sits there stewing and then gets up and announces she's leaving!). Very cranky pants in our opinion - and just seems to be getting more bitter with age!

So once she left niece/dh and her kids left - then dh and I and ds left (around 8:30) and sil was upset I guess cuz her mom kinda broke up the party? So she called us last night at 11 insisting we come back for the day (and her mom was NOT invited) and her daughter/etc were also coming and we would do the fireworks tonight!

Once again this morning we packed up all our gear (luckily I had thrown all the towels, bathing suits, t-shirts into the wash last night) and off we went (with our burgers, salad, etc). The problem was I was so tired and not in a real social mood today so it was very hard for me to socialize and be chatty (highly unusual for this frouf!).

Oh ya forgot to mention my 1 am ride in the rain last night to pick up dd who was not intelligent enuf to realize that walking home in the rain at 1 am from gf's place (they were going to have a sleepover at our house but stopped elsewhere to pick up dry clothes) was not SMART! Sleepover was cancelled and I had to get dressed and go out to pick her up....so did not get to bed til 1:30 am!

The day was gorgeous but amazingly windy - we could not even open the umbrellas as they were almost knocked over. The sun was strong in between the clouds rolling over tho and I did my own froufie roasting in the sun! I ended up going for a short swim (maybe 10 laps). Tried to be social but just felt so crappy and depressed today? Not sure why? Of course reflected in my eating (2 hamburgers w/buns, tossed salad, potato salad, pasta salad, 1 cookie). Had that around 4:30 pm and nothing else after that! Scale was up a bit today as well which I think added to my depression.

We stayed very late tonight so that the mosquitoes could feast on us after the sun went down. We had a wonderful backyard fireworks display around 9:30 pm (the kids loved it) then hauled out sil's telescope so everyone could see the moon, etc. I was in a worse mood now as I was freezing cold despite having changed into long pants and jacket, and called dd who was at home and she was just as nasty as ever - she had the option to come with us but didn't want to and I was sorry I did not force her to come with us!

Anyhow I am home now (doing another load of laundry) and hoping to get a good night's sleep so that I am in a better mood tomorrow!

frouf

Vickie
07-03-2006, 06:58 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early again. Jim and I were both awake at 4:50 and I talked to him. I know better, because once I talk, I cannot go back to sleep. I laid in bed until 5:30 but it was no use. Of course, the thunder storm isn't helping. It's been storming hard since about 4:15. I just looked at the radar and it's all orange and red over my house. Still quite a bit of rain coming behind it too. I'm still tired but I'll just have to nap later. It seems as though it might be a good day for napping.

I got so much done yesterday that I can take it a bit easy today. Jim has therapy at 4:00 and I'm going to Bath and Body and Sam's Club. I got some fabulous Michigan blueberries there about two weeks ago and I'm hoping that I can get some more. I have an hour to kill while he's having therapy. Then we'll get our Chipotle dinner and come home. I love their grilled chicken and guacamole.

I do have to make Core ww rotini pasta salad today and Sandra's friend's lemon pop cake. I guess I better do that before Jim's therapy. I've noticed that I don't enjoy doing that stuff in the evening anymore.

Ok, I'm going to start a menu thread. Today is Monday. Today is Monday......

Vickie
07-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Kathy, you had all those extra people and still have food leftover? Wow! I'm sure your weight will be back down this morning. Do you have to work today?

Melissa, I DO have a cat! She's a beautiful straight earred Scottish Fold named Cameo. She's 10 years old and healthy as a horse except for the annoying hairballs. I'll try to attach a picture.

Frouf, no kitty poop arrests here! I did have to have Jim go out in his pajamas because the neighbors would NEVER go into their house! I waited until dark but was getting tired and cranky and just wanted to get the cat poop bag out of my attached garage! What a couple of days you had! Anyone would feel bad spending time with a MIL like that! It sounds like your SIL and DH even have a problem with her.....which is probably good for you since it doesn't just make you against the MIL! I'm sure that you'll exercise off those couple of burgers in no time flat. I hope you are still sleeping off the effects of MILitis!

So Chicks....what are your plans for today?

Vickie
07-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Here's my Sweet Kitty!

http://thumb13.webshots.com/t/46/47/4/7/84/2787407840093804273cpkMQU_th.jpg (http://community.webshots.com/photo/2787407840093804273cpkMQU)

sauniemay
07-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Good morning, it sounds like everyone was busy yesterday.

Vickie, what a cute little kitty? How does she get along with Cassie? I see you like Scotch animals.:D We've got sunshine here this morning, and again, I'd love to have a pool. Bernie goes in from 1:00 to 9:00, so it will be quiet around here.

Frouf, I know what you mean about those "types", they can bring everyone down. It does sound like you had fun on Saturday. It was so hot and windy here yesterday. I was outside reading and when I came in, I was almost sick to my stomach from the heat. Natan and I stayed inside most of the afternoon. We had a great time. I also made lots of extras yesterday, and have enough for another dinner.

Kathy, your glauc sounds so good that I'm going to get a couple of avacadoes and make some. They'll be perfect with the leftover burgers. I (my tummy) can't have chilis, but the rest of the recipe sounds great. It sounds like you had lots of fun yesterday, good.

Melissa, if you were closer, I'd love to do the dance videos with you. That's my favourit kind of exercise, and yet I don't feel like doing it alone. I'll have to try it one of these days.

Sandra, you're teaching skills come out when you talk. I bet you were a favourite. If shopping were something to count, I'd have so many AP's.;) You are an active "little" gal.

Yes, Angela, I also realize that in order for core to work, it has to be done all the way. If we start mixing it up, too many calories are being consumed. I know that my WW supervisor goes between core and flex on different weeks. There might be times that counting is a better alternative.

Okay it's 9:00 and no breakfast yet, later

septembersgoal
07-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Good morning chickies! Boss isn't in yet, so the morning is feeling fairly relaxed. ;)

Vickie, yes, when I see her face I remember! I guess we talk about our pooches so much that I had just forgotten about Cameo. She's a cutie! And a cute name too. It sounds like you have a good day planned, I hope that all goes well. I wanted to go to Bath and Body yesterday but ran out of time.

Saundra, yes, I'm definitely going to have to start trying those dance tapes again. I didn't give them much of a chance to be honest. I like doing exercise with DH and he won't do that with me. ;)

Frouf, bless your heart with a MIL like that. I can't imagine. Is she very old? Or just super cranky? I hope that you have a better day today and enjoy yourself.

Every 4th of July my aunt (who I was very close to as a child) and her family come to visit. DH and I really just wanted to stay at home and do nothing on the 4th, but I don't really have any other time to visit them and they only come 2x/year. It stinks, I wish I had another day off or something. Oh well. Hopefully I can visit for half the day and still get to hang out with DH. In fact, I'll just have to make sure that happens.

Well chicks I guess I should find some work to do, though I don't want to. Working stinks! :p

Mattandgabbysmom
07-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Good Morning, sounds like everyone is having a nice weekend. I went to my cousins house in Jew Jersey for a bbq on Saturday, we had a great time, the kids had a ball playing with their cousins. Instead of driving home on Saturday night we stayed at my moms house which is only a 25 minute drive for New Jersey and got home late last night. Today I just want to stay home and hang out in my back yard, tomorrow we will probably have a bbq with our neighbors which is great because our yards are connected and when we put up the new fence we added a gate, our children are the same age so when they want to play at each others house we just walk them through the back yard. If either one of us moves and we don't like our new neighbors we will just padlock the gate :devil:

Frouf, did you watch the movie Monster - in -Law, does it ring a bell! :D

Sandra I am so happy you found an exercise that you really enjoy, good for you!!

Vickie what a cute kitty, my moms cat Heather is on her way out, she is 19 and not doing very well, they took her to the vet and can find nothing wrong with her but she can not walk straight she is going in circles and losing her balance, i really felt bad for her this weekend :(

Melissa hope you get to spend time with dh alone, I know how you feel about wanting to stay home and do nothing, that is how I feel today!

Saundra what a cutie pie Nate is, I have to figure how to add a picture, I have the cutest picture of my dd in her cinderella dress and my brother is dressed up like prince charming and is putting a glass slipper on her foot, this was taken at my nieces princess party.

Angela glad to hear you are doing great staying op, I go to ww tonight, which is good because tomorrow starts a new week and I will have all my wpa.

Katpo
07-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Hey, guys! I'm getting ready to start on my chores and thought I'd stop by. Actually I believe that first I'll make some coffee and go sit on the patio.

Everybody enjoy your fireworks. They're banned here, but that's not because of the burn ban; they're always illegal to possess or use no matter what the temperature is. There are professional shows, like at the ballpark or some lakes, but that's all we can have here.

I had so much food left because I made 16 hot dogs, 5 big italian sausages, 8 spicy hot dogs and 8 hamburgers, plus the chips and guac, baked beans, chips and lots of drinks. We'll be eating it for a while but I'm still making the salmon tonight because it is thawed out. I'll make a salad and some rice too.

I was scrolling thru my camera and saw this picture. I know I had already downloaded them so I might have already showed you but it makes me laugh every time I see it.

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL564/498963/8257185/150390115.jpg

Melissa, I hope you get to leave early and have fun with your aunt!

Frouf, that irks me to no end about people like that. My family is like that to a point -- if they want to talk to someone, they sit home and fume that the person doesn't call THEM instead of them just picking up the damn phone and making the call themselves! Sheeesh! I'm glad you went back the next day though. And what was up with DD? I'll bet you were a bit irritated with her. (Okay, more than a bit!)

Natan is a real cutie! I'm so glad now to have a little face to go with the name and stories -- it looks like he's having a good time.

Vickie, good thing you had a back-up plan for getting the poop to the trash! I think I would have dashed out there anyway and just given a cheery wave to the neighbors! :lol:

Okay, on with the day.

Mattandgabbysmom
07-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Kathy what a cute doggy & picture, looks like he's got the life there!

sauniemay
07-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Niki, glad you had a good weekend. I assume that the rain finally passed. Tomorrow also sounds like fun and relaxing.

Kathy, what a cute doggie. I've thought about pets (we used to have cats), but we leave town too much.:D Isn't it nice to know that the fridge is full for dinner?

Bernie has been favouring his knee for the past couple of weeks, and it seems to be getting worse. He is a heavy duty jogger, so this is not a good thing. I think that I've convinced him to go to the doctor for it. He's getting grumpy, cause jogging is his passion, and without it, he feels lost. I hope that there will be a non complicated fix.:^:

I decided to have a nice bubble bath after reading about others' shopping trips to your bath stores. It was nice and relaxing, something I don't do that often. My foot is hurting today, and I think it is tied into the humidity. Golly, we're just falling apart around here!

Okay, time to go out to pick up a few groceries. I'll add Walmart to the rounds and check in on my patient.:)

sauniemay
07-03-2006, 12:48 PM
http://images1.snapfish.com/3474%3B7%3A%3B3%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D3276%3E379%3E%3B% 3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323389%3A957663nu0mrj

What do you think about this haircut? Of course, who wouldn't love to look like her?;)

septembersgoal
07-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Saundra, that style is beautiful. I hope all is well with Bernie's knee.

Kathy, I have seen that pic before, but it is too cute! :D Makes me smile.

Niki, boy have you been busy this weekend! I hope that you get lots of time to rest and relax. ;)

Well ladies I'm already off the wagon. :rolleyes: But not too bad...I'm jumping right back on. I hope everyone else is having a great op day.

Katpo
07-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Melissa, join me on the ground here -- we just have to dodge the wagon and make sure it doesn't run over us! I just had a hamburger with real Miracle Whip and a beer.

Ahhhh. It was getting crowded up there on that darn wagon!

Katpo
07-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Okay, 201 posts in one thread is loooong. I'm starting a new one.

(FYI, most chat threads are closed after 100 posts -- we've REALLY been pushing it!)