South Beach Diet - Phase 1 starters June 25/26

View Full Version : Phase 1 starters June 25/26

Schatzi
06-25-2006, 08:35 AM
Calling all Phase 1 starters or restarters! Here's a thread where you can post your meals, get support and suggestions ! Of course, you're welcome to post on the Daily thread tooo. So toss out that White Bread! Off Load that Sugar! And come to the Beach (Yer towel awaits you!:) )

spcdcider
06-25-2006, 09:28 AM
I am rejoining. I thought I was ready to change a month or so ago and was not. I am starting today Southbeach with some Sonoma recipes. My husband has been on it for a month and is doing great so that helps a lot. Kathy

Ruthxxx
06-25-2006, 09:44 AM
WELCOME, Kathy. Sonoma recipes are great and most of them are fine for SBD. Just be careful when on Phase I - our Phase I is NOT the same was their Wave I.

spcdcider
06-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Thank you Ruth for the reminder. I was going to make a spread sheet tonight and have the accepted foods listed. I was planning to do Phase one very strictly. I just like the recipes in my Sonoma Book. Kathy

cocoa_butterfly
06-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Joining. Starting tomorrow (Monday), the 26th.

OberonSH
06-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Technically I started the 24th, so can I still join up?

mommyof2boysaz
06-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Starting tomorrow. Just returned from the grocery store where I stocked up on South Beach stuff.

I've been posting on the WW board for the past couple of weeks. I've attempted WW for a couple of years off and on and lost a little, gained a little, etc. I decided I needed a change. I'm really not sure if SBD will be something I can do long term, but I'm ready to try!

I am a 34 y.o. mom of 3 (ages 8,6,2) with a wonderful DH (although he's a junk food junky, so there will ALWAYS be temptations in the house!), and I work weekends as a RN. I currently weigh about 156 and am 5'5". Before my first son, I was 135 and that is where I would LOVE to get back to! I haven't been able to get below 150 since that first pregnancy, so I really hope to get past that "mental hurdle" with SB.

I would appreciate any and all advice and support anyone wants to give!

Thanks,
Britte

'

hippychick11
06-25-2006, 05:21 PM
This is Day 6 of Week 1 for me. Can I join you guys? Hope so. So far, it's been great! I'm already down 6 pounds! :carrot: And it hasn't been too difficult for me. I've been using recipes from the original book. They are tasty and filling. I easily bypassed blueberry muffins in Sunday School, cornbread at lunch, birthday cake at work, and baked potatoes at a steak house. Didn't even miss them! I did goof today in ordering creamed spinach with my skinless chicken breast and broccoli at Boston Market... but I'm not going to consider that a setback. I'll just keep going strong. Just so you know... I'm a writer at a newspaper in Florida. :cool: I have a 14yo DD and a 5yo DS, and a wonderfully supportive but skinny DH to whom I've been married 16 years. I look forward to getting to know all of you, and I hope we can inspire each other to get healthy for good!

Schatzi
06-25-2006, 05:37 PM
The more the Merrier Oberon and Hippychick! Feel free to post your meal plans so folks can get ideas and help you tweak it abit...
so as captain Kirk would say ...."Set yer Phasers to 1".........and off we go!!!!!

Missuha
06-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey! This is Day 5 for me and about my third attempt of SBD. I am doing much better this time....I think :?:

I'm 26 yrs old from Texas and I have two weddings coming up. One in August and one in November, both in which I have to wear revealing, strapless bridesmaids dresses. I started on Tuesday and will weigh in Tues 06/27. My starting weight was 160 and wat to get down to 130. I am open to all suggestions!:D

silvergirl21701
06-25-2006, 09:16 PM
I am starting on Monday...just need to get to the store and buy the SBD food...i was thinking of making the quiche cups and keeping those in the freezer...who knows i will take it day by day

Tonibaby
06-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Hi all! Posted last week with all intentions of beginning the SBD the following week. Forgot about an upcoming trip that we had planned so needless to say I did not begin when I had originally intended but while gone I grabbed myself the book and am ready to go now! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

See ya on the beach tomorrow ;)

GAGIRL320
06-26-2006, 09:34 AM
This is my 2nd day on Phase 1 and I feel pretty good about it so far.

Yesterday I was so proud of myself, went to a cook out at my sisters and did not cheat!!! Yea. It was hamburgers hot dogs and all the summer cook out fixins, so I ate a cheeseburger - no bun and I just made a salad with the lettuce and all. My sis was so supportive, she made sure it was extra lean sirloin and low fat cheese just for me.

O and I made the omlet cup thingy's and that was my breakfast this morning and was not half bad, I could do them.

mommyof2boysaz
06-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Good morning! Today is Day 1 for me and I am happy to be starting SB! So far this morning, just some "half-caff" coffee. I actually think I'm still full from all the carbs I tried to stuff in yesterday! Let the detox begin!!

Going to a funeral today and of course a funeral dinner following the service, so will have an early test, but I am confident I will be able to handle it!
After doing WW so long, I really am looking forward to this change and to more healthy eating.

Have a great day, everyone!
Britte

Kelly J
06-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi all - I'm back on P1 for at least a week starting today. I was doing really well on SB then life got the best of me a few weeks back and I fell off of my beach towel. I'm comitted to get back on and lose these last few pounds. The good side is that even though I was waaaayyy off plan for a few weeks my weight only went up 2 pounds so I guess the (bad) choices I've been making haven't done that much damage. I made the breakfast cheesecakes on saturday to have for snack to help me feel like I'm not being deprived. Plan on making the beef stew tonight to last for a few lunches this week.

silvergirl21701
06-26-2006, 12:40 PM
today is day one of phase one and I am stoked...unfortunately I didn't have time to make a complete breakfast so I nuked some eggs...and had a sugarfree white chocolate and vanilla americano with fat free milk...i need my coffee...well i am hoping that all goes well and will keep you all informed...if anyone wants to be my weightloss buddy let me know...we can stick thru the cravings together

Schatzi
06-26-2006, 01:55 PM
LUNCH time :hungry: check in with our newbies and retreads..... HOWsit goin gals??? Take the time to post what you're eating if you need help!:hug:

GAGIRL320
06-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Today I had roasted turkey with provolone cheese, lots of veggies and some SBD ranch dressing, and 1% cottage cheese. Caf free Diet Coke

Doing good so far
Must Keep Going....

mommyof2boysaz
06-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Hello, all!
Just returned from my funeral and the funeral dinner. I did well! Bypassed the cheesy chicken noodle casserole and cake and pie and just had green beans and salad with ranch dressing. Oh, and two glasses of water. I did notice near the end of my salad that there were some grated carrots in there, but overall, I was proud of myself!:carrot:

I was hungry when I got home, though, so just had some string cheese and lean boiled ham. I feel satisfied.

I think tonight we are going to put steak on the grill and I have some yellow squash and zucchini I'm going to grill, too. Speaking of that, are there any marinades for steak that are OK to use? I'll check the recipe boards, too.

Check in later,
Britte

Schatzi
06-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Way 2 go GaGirl!It's great when you have family and friends cheering you on!

Mommy: a VICTORY :cheer: good for you!
Good thinking getting in some meat/protein for dinner! you may or may not like some of the Ricotta desserts, but a great way to get in dairy as a treat...
as far as marinades...good thinking... check that recipe section..if not: rub some ooo (virgin olive oil) on the meat and sprinkle with garlic/and onion powder, salt , pepper

SarahinBalance
06-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Hello all!

I'm back again, still at about the same weight and just really want to lose those last 10 pounds! It's funny how I've acclamated to my new weight, and feel chunky again... Can someone say self esteem issues? So I'm starting over on Phase 1 again today through Friday. My friend is throwing a HUGE party Saturday, so if alcohol is the only way that I roll of the towel then I'm doing well... plan on jumping back on ship on Sunday.

Dini
06-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm on week 2 - is it ok to join all of you? Today I had 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast, and I just finished a salad for lunch - didn't realize till I started eating that I had forgotten to put any protein in it!! But I do have some cheese to snack on if I get hungry this afternoon. Tonight we are having burgers, so I'll just skip the roll.
I was really proud of myself last night - I made egg rolls and fried rice for the family, and I managed to have just veggies and chicken - no rice. And I wasn't even hungry.
A support group would sure be nice - I get some horrible cravings at times, and I know from past diets that it takes forever till I start losing weight.
Haven't been on a scale yet, but I figure I need to lose at least 60 lbs. Wearing a size 14, and I should be in an 8.

Nadine

GAGIRL320
06-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey Dini Welcome!! :welcome3:

I am new here and this is day 2 on SBD for me, good luck and keep up the good work!

Dini
06-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks, Chery. I'm looking forward to the support. Did Atkins a few years ago. It worked great, but I fell off the wagon and gained it all back. The Beach is going to be a lifelong change for me. However, even on Atkins, it took forever before I started to lose any weight or inches. It gets really discouraging. I was afraid to get on a scale (sabotage the diet before I really got started!) but will so many newbies, I think I can handle it!
Never belonged to a group like this - glad I found all of you!

Schatzi
06-26-2006, 05:52 PM
okay Phase oners!
lets seee :chin:
We got the cabinets stocked with phase 1 legumes, condiments and spice :write:
"FridgeA Dare "chockfull of fresh veggies :D: tomaters! kale! veggies! :write:

Let's pop on over to the South Beach Cabana fer some easy healthy meals:chef: (and pay attention to the Sticky section ... they're the 5 :chef: hat dude salute to what's delish :hungry:
So, fire up them skillets, easy -n-quick to make SBD recipes!

Breakfast ..eggs and maybe not? check here!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128

leftovers from these delish dinners, eh?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129

Gimme Greens or Gimme Legumes! Sides ..could be a dinner tooo
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Ah Salads! Greens !Maters! string beans~!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140

need a snack (try the chickpeas ! )
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132

Something sweet fer the end of a On Plan Day!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Bon Apetite beachbabes!

Dini
06-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Thank you so much for posting those links!

GAGIRL320
06-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Just got back from my usual walk 1 mile, plus fit trail did 80 crunches, 30 leg lifts 20 pull ups & 20 of these other type of leg lifts you do sitting down, but I did it, thought I was dying but I made it :woo:
about to have dinner, grilled sirloin, veggie packed salad, steamed broc. & cali.

thanks for postng the links I can sure use them.

butcherbabe
06-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey butterfly
are you gettin thru day 1? I have made it thru this far, and chili with ground round and tons of beans for dinner sounds great!!! Hope all who are just starting are doing well, I have decided to take it one day at a time, and while I'm hesitant to call this one early, I think I will get thru it succesfully!
Joyce

drtrdrmom
06-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

I started SB about 4-5 days ago-have been doing really well. I am in ph 1, Lost 3lbs thus far. Slipped a bit today-but am right back on track-will not beat myself up for it. Love the links and support that everyone shares. I even have DH aggreed to attempt a sort of ph2 plan with me, I think that will be very helpful. Have made multiple attempts in past to lose weight. Last time was thru a doc who gave you diet meds and vitamin shots and a 1200 cal diet. Lost 30 something lbs. Gained it all back plus a little once I stopped. South Beach seems to be a definate lifestyle that can be followed.

smartypants
06-27-2006, 12:46 AM
~raises hand~ I had fallen off of the wagon :cookie: the last few weeks :nono: . I did gain back 3 lbs :censored: - ho hum. So, as of Monday I'm back in business :dance: . Now to integrate some exercise on these freakish 85-90 degree days! :ebike:

odirish
06-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Mind if I jump in? I started S.B. 3 weeks ago and lost 7 lbs. in the first 2 weeks. I started Phase ll on my third week and lost total control. I have since gained back 4 lbs. I'd like to begin again (with your support) Oh. my name is Mary Ann. I'm 54 and I am married with 3 kids, 1 still at home. I work swing shift and alot of 12 hour days. I am currently working with a personal trainer twice a week for strength training. I do cardio (walking, jogging etc) for 30 minutes a few times a week. I need to bump that up to at least 6 days. I find that my hardest days on the beach are on my days off work and my 12 hour days. I went to the Drs. yesterday and I was told that my cholestorol is high. 200 was max and I'm 205. She says I need to lose 30 lbs. Easier said than done:dizzy: Thanks for listening.

Mary Ann

mommyof2boysaz
06-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Hi, everyone! WELCOME Mary Ann and all others new to this thread!

I just have to say, the moderators on this site are AWESOME!:carrot:
So supportive and helpful! Thank you!!

Today is day two of phase 1 for me. Yesterday went great! I wound up my day with sirloin steak with peppers, onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes on the grill and a "SB peanut butter cup" as an evening snack. That was good but next time I think I'll soften the peanut butter in the microwave a bit first!

So far today, I just had coffee for breakfast. I know, I know, but I had a hectic morning and didn't have time for anything else. As a result, I've been a little "snacky" today. Had leftover steak and veggies for lunch, with some yellow squash and zucchini. I've snacked on some nuts and string cheese since then. (I can tell I'm going to have to be careful with the nuts. Addictive!!:devil: )

I feel good today and am looking forward to making the Taco Bake recipe for the first time tonight.

I can't tell you how much this board, and this thread in particular, has helped me the past few days!:D

Good Luck to everyone!

Ruthxxx
06-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Good going, Chickies!

Be careful of nuts - they can be addictive. I no longer allow them except for a measured serving of pine nuts in a spinach salad.

For those of you exercising, you may feel a bit draggy while on Phase I. Adding good carbs in the form of dairy and legumes will really help. You should be having these anyhow, exercising or not!

(Hey, Schatzi - good stuff with the links. :hug: This is looking like one of the best Phase I Starters thread in a long time!)

Missuha
06-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey Schatzi or anyone who may know:

What bottled salad dressings are safe to have while on SBD Phase 1?

Also, why does the book discourage diet coke and other caffenated soft drinks?
:dizzy:

Schatzi
06-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Hiya Misshau... lemme think here..... anything with 3 or less grams of sugar a serving... I like
"CarbOption's " spicy/tangy French...it's like a catalina....
Kens Lite Redwine/Vinegar and
Nasoya soy based creamy Italian...

Seems a lot of "diets" recommend that you limit caffeine intact as it may stall weight loss.. :shrug: ... and diet sodas are none nutritious containing a lot of chemicals...

Of all the craptacular things I love to eat..thankfully I was never a soda drinker... but when I have the urge, I'll go for a Zero Coke...

rkrs6673
06-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Hello. May I join.... I am starting phase one on 6/27. I am reading the book now. I think it is time for me to shake things up for myself.

mommyof2boysaz
06-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Wow, rkrs6673! You've lost 60 pounds?!?! Amazing! Congratulations!
I am just ending my second day on phase 1, and so far, it has been a pleasant and much needed change for me.

I had the Taco Bake tonight for supper and it was very good! I am still full!! Today was a good day except as I said earlier, I went a little heavy with the nuts this afternoon. I need to find an alternate snack! But...I served potato chips and brownies to my family today and never let any of it touch my lips!

I put my scale away, also. I am going to try not to weigh until I've been on phase 1 for a week. My family and I are going to Cedar Point amusement park next Tues. and spending the night, so I will relax my eating for those two days, then it's right back on the beach!

So, how are all the other newbies doing?

Schatzi
06-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Wow! Lotsa Phase Oners.... :coach: Everbuddy roooooooolllll over and make room for our newbies!

Hey,hey Gooood looooookin, Whatcha got cookin???????
hmm, let's see what's on Chez Shatzi's menu :chef: today....:chin: I'm making mock oatmeal this morn... with a splich of Cinnamon and walnuts... Some turkey and LLC (laughing cow light) roll ups for lunch and then one of my fav recipes...the Salsa Baked Chicken, and a bean salad for dinner....snicky snacks veggies with a cottage cheesy dip..

So whatcha got cookin today?

But first Cawfee of course.... m.u.s.t. g.e.t c.a.w.f.e.e. :coffee:

GAGIRL320
06-28-2006, 09:34 AM
This is day 4 and so far so good, I am not going to weigh myself until Sunday, that will be the beginning of week 2. I feel good though so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

This morning had quiche cups and coffee
snack lf cheese
Lunch chicken salad on a bed of mixed greens and lots of veggies and a few sunflower seeds in there.
snack cottage cheese
Dinner Taco soup
snack sf lime jello

I started new meds this morning so I hope that will help boost my weight loss, I am not as tired as ususal that I hope is a good sign. Maybe it is all the veggies I have eaten lately.

Hey anyone have reccomendations on Olive Garden, I am going there Sunday for Lunch after church, I know I will have the AUCE soup salad and breadsticks (w/o breadsticks of course don't care form them to much) the soups are all broth based and thin I just think I will pass on the minestrone (it has pasta in it) what do you think??

well everyone have a great day!

Kelly J
06-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Welcome to all the newbies!! Day 3 of P1 (again) for me. Cravings hit pretty hard last night but I'm determined not to give in. This morning so far it's been coffee & breakfast cheesecake. Planning on a romaine & baby spinach salad with ham and a little cheese for lunch. Dinner will be probably be leftovers from last night - grilled venison & roasted veggies.
Have a good day all!

mommyof2boysaz
06-28-2006, 10:58 AM
G'mornin! Day 3 for me, too, Kelly! I don't feel too much in the way of cravings YET. I think TOM is coming, though and that can be a dangerous time for me! MAJOR chocolate cravings !!:devil:

This morning I tried the mock french toast and turkey bacon for the first time. Not too bad. I'm not a huge lover of sugar free syrup because of the after-taste, but at least it was sweet! I think it's just a matter of adjusting to different tastes.

Lunch will be salad with grilled chicken, tomatoes, boiled eggs, onions. Dinner will be leftover Taco Bake since we'll be at the ballpark tonight AGAIN:dizzy: for DS's baseball game!

I, too, am trying to wait till the end of week one before I weigh. I don't feel much different yet, which is kind of disappointing, but like I said...TOM is soon, plus all those nuts I ate yesterday have a "little" salt in them:^: . I'll drink extra water today and see how I feel tomorrow!

Have a great day, everyone!:D

mommyof2boysaz
06-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Oh, and Kelly- I just noticed your stats and they are almost identical to mine (except that I haven't lost my weight yet!) It's an inspiration to see someone who has done it! May I ask how long it took you and how you lost it all? I was at 162 in Jan., am at 155.5 now, and want to be 135! (My college weight!)
Thanks!

silvergirl21701
06-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Wow...I love this way of eating...I am never hungry unlike the Dr Phil Diet which I tried for 3 days last week and was starving. I don't know about any of you guys but I have always had headaches and for the first time since I can remember I don't have one..I don't know if it was all the sugar/carbs that I was eating or what but I love it. I did have sinus surgery in March but still had some headaches up until Monday when I started the SBD. So far my eating has been like this:

B- Southwestern Style eggbeaters & 2 slices turkey bacon & a SF/FF white chocolate & vanilla americano sweetened with a packet of splenda
S- 15 cashews
L- Chicken Salad with Carbwell Italian dressing & a Sugarfree/Low Carb Vanilla Yogurt
S- String Cheese & a SF fudgecicle
D- Chicken breast & a phase 1 veggie
Dessert: Yum Yum I usually eat a SF jello w a bit of SF cool whip

Does this sound okay to everyone...I know I'm heavier so only having a salad at lunch doesn't cut it but adding the yogurt helps....sometimes I will have it with my cashews.

Kelly J
06-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Hi Britte! You're right - our stats are very similar. I'm 5'6" and I too, am trying to lose the baby weight (DS born in Sept '05) and I went on SBD this time in mid-January. So it's taken about 5 months to get close to goal. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. I just try to plan my meals and cook ahead as much as possible. Recently I went a bit off track (a lot of weekend commitments, parties, stress, excuse, excuse, etc.) so that's why I'm doing P1 again for a week or so to get back into SBD. Being here at 3FC has really kept me motivated and given me so many ideas for meals/recipes.

Originally I did SBD in early 2004 and lost a good 20 pounds or so. I lost the baby weight from my first child (DD who just turned 4) and then some! I stayed on it (and maintained) until I got pregnant with DS. It's a little harder doing it this time b/c I have a lot less time to cook and prepare meals with 2 kids....like I'm telling you anything, right? :D I also don't have the energy to exercise this time but maybe one of these days DS will get the sleeping thing down and I'll be able to add that. Good luck!

Kaeurl
06-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey All!! I was supposed to start back on Phase 1 Monday... but got sidetracked by a couple of things on Mon. and Tues. that I just knew were going to be difficult to deal with, so I'm starting today. I did Phase 1 about a month ago and did great... lost about 10 lbs, but have put 4 back on. So... I'm just starting fresh. :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Carol

Missuha
06-28-2006, 03:01 PM
I really want the recipe for the Taco bake and the Mock French Toast. Where are ya'll getting the recipes for these...I guess the SBD cookbook which I don't have and cannot afford.:stress: I have 2 eggs or eggbeaters EVERY morning and I am getting sad everytime I wake-up and know I have to eat them.

Thanks Schatzi for the input! I will try to lay off the diet coke.

CONGRATULATIONS Kelly-You are basically there!:carrot:

Missuha

Schatzi
06-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Missuha, go over to the Recipe section of the forum... the Tako bake, mock toast, etc are all there...

mommyof2boysaz
06-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Thank you for the response, Kelly! You are very inspiring to me! I'm not sure I can still refer to my weight as "baby" weight since my youngest is 2 1/2!;)

I am having trouble this afternoon. Suddenly the cravings have hit and hit HARD! I was fine until all of a sudden!:( I was terribly close to a chocolate binge and had I not thrown out the brownies yesterday, don't know what I might have done! Instead, I had some CoolWhip Free with a little regular peanut butter and a tsp of mini choc. chips. Not SB, but not nearly what I would've eaten if I'd given in to my desires! This is the same feeling I get every time I try to do any diet. And this is the point where I throw in the towel and just EAT!! Help! I really want to stick with this this time! I think I'm going to go rest for a little bit while DD naps, hopefully the feeling will pass...
I'll take any help anyone can offer. Does anyone else experience this? I always do fine for a short time, then suddenly feel ravenous for something I shouldn't have, then the little voices in my head start with "Oh, just eat! Everyone else is eating xyz! You can't do it anyways. You can always start again next week.", etc, etc.!! I usually give in to the voices, which is why I've only lost 6 pounds in 6 months!
So...am I crazy?:dizzy:

GAGIRL320
06-28-2006, 10:18 PM
try some of the chocolate recipes for phase 1 I know I have only beem on this for 4 days but together we can do it!!! :cheer:

Kelly J
06-29-2006, 07:41 AM
I agree with Cheryl to try some of the dessert recipes. They almost feel like cheating. The breakfast cheesecake (in the breakfast area) is divine - it's kept me on the wagon many times!
Also, when I am really, really, really craving something I try to remember why I'm doing this. I want to be healthy, I want to fit into my clothes, and I want to feel good about myself. We *DESERVE* to love ourselves and treat our bodies well. That feeling is so much better than whatever we're craving.
Sorry if I sound all gushy, I have a hard time thinking this way sometimes but you caught me on a good day :D Good luck! You can do this, this time!

And a little :dust: never hurt either!

rkrs6673
06-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Hello everyone...I am on day two now. Day one was great and I am doing Richard Simmons exercise. It isn't so bad. I am drinking lots of water and trying my best. I wish everyone a great day :)

Missuha
06-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Hey Everyone!

It's Day 3 of Week 2 for me and I am feeling a little hungry today. I made my boyfriend homeade pecan pralines and I wanted one (or 2 or 3) so bad!! Thank God he ate them all. I tried the mock French Toast this morning, it was a nice change.

Also, is anyone feeling super sluggish while on Phase 1? It is so hard for me to workout because I feel like I could pass out and go to sleep at any moment! Maybe it's the 200 degree weather we are having here in good ol' Texas....:cool:

I hope everone is having a great day!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar081/slider-but5/lb/160/130/155/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Schatzi
06-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Wherecha all go today??? :shrug: :lol: Hopefully everyone is getting ready for the loooong holiday weekend and have fun stuff planned!

GAGIRL320
06-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Nope I Am Here Busy Busy Busy Today

I Don't Have A Long Weekend I Will Come Back To Work Monday And Then Will Be Off On Tuesday Dh Is Off For 5 Days In A Row That Sucks!
Anyways, I Am Still Doing Good, Did My Walking Lastnight 1 Mile Plus My Exercise's I Had To Make My Self Eat Dinner I Guess I Gott Too Hot, Drink Plenty Of Water, Dinner Was Grilled Chicken Breast W/ 1/2 A Sliced Cucumber W/sb Ranch.

Lunch Today Was Wendy's Ceasar Salad No Bacon No Crutons And Only One Pack Of Dressing (they Gave Me 2)

Snack 3tbs Sunflower Seeds

Not Sure On Dinner Yet
Well Everyone Take Care
Talk Atcha Later

Missuha
06-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Hey Ya'll!

Day 4 of Week 2 today. I've jogged everyday this week for 30 minutes and done strength training every other day. I hope it pays off cuz I sure am tired. I was thinking about doing Phase 1 one more week to get a little more of this water weight off. The book says it's ok, I hope so.

I tried the black bean brownies last night. Has anyone else? I almost tossed my cookies.:( I think I will just stick with the rocatta cheese desserts and sugar free jell-o

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm a teacher, so lucky am I that every weekend is a long weekend until August!:D

Missuha

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar081/slider-but5/lb/160/130/155/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

kmy68
06-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Hello Ladies,
Can I hop on board? I started P1 on Monday. That makes today day 5. Its getting tough, but not impossible. I just realized that next week we are on vacay. I'm a little nervous, but I feel like its not quite impossible as long as I pack some snacks ahead of time. Anyone with any great ideas?

Rkrs... Great job getting Richard done. I love him. My hubby calls him my boyfriend. It upsets my little ones. Just too funny.

Missuha...there were some great suggestions early on in this thread for feeling 'wiped out' in phase one. Maybe one of them will help you. Good luck.

Have a super weekend gals!!!!!