Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-23-2006, 09:45 AM   #1  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Please help...need advise!

Hello all! I haven't posted in this area of 3fc before, but I was hoping some of you serious exercisers would be able to help me with something.

I am assuming that sadlebags are that lower part of the sides of the hips that stick out? Does anyone know of a particular exercise or something that will help me get rid of them? I am walking 4 - 6 times a week as fast as I possibly can for 45 min to 1 1/2 hrs and I can feel my butt and legs toning up a bit under this flab (that I am losing), but I can't seem to do much about the sides.

I don't have access to a gymn...too far away. The only equipment I own is an exercise bike and a nice tredmill, but those don't seem to be helping the sides. Is there an exercise that I can do in my home without any equipment? I don't care how rediculous or hard it is...I just don't want to lose all this weight and still have these nasty sadlebags. It is seriously making my butt look bigger than it is. Is there a muscle there that I could actually work on to tone that area up???

I would REALLY appreciate any help on this...and if you have had success in this area, please tell me! I need to know if it can be done.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #2  

Spot reducing is a myth; it can't be done, whether your excess fat is on your thighs, hips or belly. The only way to get rid of it is through a calorie deficit- either from diet, exercise or a combination of both. Keep doing the cardio in order to lose body fat from wherever it decides to come off.

For exercise at home, you could do yoga, pilates, mat exercises. Invest in a stability ball- those are great! and inexpensive. Resistance bands can work different parts of your body, and are also not expensive. The more muscle you build, the better the fat comes off.

It takes time, patience and perseverance.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:00 PM   #3  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Bummer...I was hoping I could fix that area a little faster. OK...thanks! I am doing both calorie counting (religiously) and exercise. Looks like the saddlebags will probably be the last thing I lose.
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:44 PM   #4  
Working My Way Back Down

It's an area that I've had trouble with too (I suspect it's genetice, my mom and all my aunts had them) but they do eventually go.... Keep up the good work.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote