SBD Frequently Asked Questions - Soy flour = Phase 1 or 2?

View Full Version : Soy flour = Phase 1 or 2?

SunLit
06-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Hi everyone ... I don't know whether I've seen any reference specifically to soy flour in the food guides, but can I have it on Phase 1? (I've ducked back to it to get rid of some cravings due to run-ins with bananas over the weekend.

BUT -- there's a really yummy sounding chocolately pancakes recipe on my Soy Slender box, with soy flour, so I'd like to try it! Any thoughts? Thanks!

Schatzi
06-23-2006, 06:22 AM
Hi Sunlit! Soy flour in small amounts is okay for phase 1....hmm chocolate pancakes.. sounds DELISH.. maybe you could post it in the recipe section if after you try if it's a keeper :hungry:

SunLit
07-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Hi Sunlit! Soy flour in small amounts is okay for phase 1....hmm chocolate pancakes.. sounds DELISH.. maybe you could post it in the recipe section if after you try if it's a keeper :hungry:

Thanks, Schatzi. It's a much-delayed reply, but the pancakes sounded wonderful, looked wonderful and tasted YUCKY-FUL!

I was so disappointed. I'm going to try them again, though and add much less soy flour than required, so they get a bit of texture, but less of the bitter, I'm-licking-an-old-plant flavor.