South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Default ne 1 have ne sugesstions 4 me that will help

I need some good ideas....

I want to start my SBD Saturday and I haven't bought the book, I do have the companion book Good Fats Good Carbs Guide, so I am making my shopping list from that.

Also any brown bag lunch ideas would be great.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:46 PM   #2  

Hi Gagirl... how can we help?

Here is a link to brown bag suggestions (just click on any of the things that are underlined in blue and it will take you right there.)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84859

Here's one of the foods approved for phase 1 to help you shop

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49548

Here's the handbook for phase 1 which includes some of the 5 star phase 1 recipes and best veggies..

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58183

Purchase things with no sugar added and has 3 or less sugar grams per serving.

Focus on getting into eating 3 meals, 2 snacks and a night dessert...
Be prepared you might feel a bit wonky the first few days: sluggish, headachy, tired... Combat it with Milk/dairy and legumes.

Hope this helps get you started!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:17 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cheryl!

IMHO, it's VERY important that your read the book before you start. The GFGCG is helpful, but it doesn't tell you which Phases allow which foods. If you make your shopping list using it, you'll be very confused and very unsatisfied, I think.

Instead, get a copy of the book (you can borrow one from your library if you can't afford a copy right now) and read it. You really need to understand the reasons for what we do so that you can make your own educated decisions about things in the future that aren't mentioned anywhere. (Like, "Why can I have stoned wheat crackers, which have enriched flour, but not Triscuits, which are made with whole wheat flour and no SBD-offensive ingredients?"). When you've read the book, check out our FAQ here for the updated lists of foods to enjoy/avoid as they change regularly as Dr. A learns new things about scientific studies involving food.

Glad to have you with us! I hear you about lunches...both my husband and I enjoy bringing leftover dinners with us for lunch. A hot lunch just seems more satisfying. Do you have access to a microwave at lunchtime? If so, I'd just make extra for dinner and package a serving away in a microwave dish (like CorningWare's Pop-ins with the pop lid, or the one made by Tupperware) and take them to work along with some veggies and dip or bell peppers and hummus, etc. Don't forget to pack snacks, too!
Closed Thread