100 lb. Club - Prayers for Sarah

View Full Version : Prayers for Sarah

Jen
06-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Please check out Sarah's blog, if you are a regular 100lb Clubber than you know who I mean. She has relapsed and going for a procedure on Monday. Hopefully she'll log on and let us know how it goes but I wanted to get the prayers and positive vibes going ASAP.

Good luck Sarah, we'll be thinking of you and praying hard. :hug:

Gardenwife
06-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Oh. Crap. Thank you for posting this. I'm behind on my reading and didn't know it. You're in my prayers, Sarah -- you and Lorrain both!

ChocLabLover
06-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Sarah :hug:, my thoughts and prayers are with both you and Lorraine! Keep us posted at 3FC! You know you have all of our support!

Charbar
06-22-2006, 03:07 PM
After all Sarah has been through - that's hard. Sarah - hang tight girl. You are strong and get through anything!

Dana

ElaineR
06-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Where do I find the blogs? I have to say, I don't know Sarah or the situation you are referring to, but I do know about loss, fear and sadness. I wish her the best.

Elaine
241/240/130
Start: 6/20/06

newfiedarling
06-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Sarah, lots of positive vibes, thoughts and prayers to you and Lorraine. Stay strong - we're all here for you :grouphug:

~Dee

DNR
06-22-2006, 03:21 PM
It had been a while since Sarah posted so I was wondering where she had gone. My prayers are with you, Sarah.

DNR

barbygirl43
06-22-2006, 03:28 PM
:grouphug: I'm thinking of you and Lorraine.

Angel33
06-22-2006, 03:31 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you.:hug:

ScarlettDrawl
06-22-2006, 03:40 PM
:hug: Sarah, you're in my thoughts and prayers as well.

andoreth
06-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Sarah, My thoughts and prayers for you and Lorraine as well! I wish you both strength. :hug:

famograham
06-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Sarah and Lorraine.....I am so sorry.

If there is anyone in this world who can take all the crap that life throws, it is the two of you.

I'm so sad to hear this news, but you are stronger than anyone I know and you can make it through anything that this life can dish out.

I am sending all my prayers :angel: , healing vibes :goodvibes , positive thoughts :angel: and all the love in my heart :hug:

Another round of *** kicking begins :flame: :boxing:

Love you :grouphug:

Linda

glynne
06-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Sarah ~ positive thoughts and prayers from here too for you and Lorraine.

Sandi
06-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks for posting this Jen. She must have just updated becuase I checked it recently!

:hug: to you Sarah and your dear Lorraine. This is terrible news. But I know you will get through. You are a strong woman and such an inspiration. We are here for you 100%.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Nori71
06-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Where do I find the blogs?
Here is a link to lessofsarahtolove's blog: http://journeytobabeland.blogspot.com/

You'll be in my prayers and thoughts, Sarah. So sorry you are going through this.

teapotdynamo
06-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Well, this news really just sucks. No wonder we haven't seen her around here in a while. Those two have really been walloped over the past two years. Well, lesser folks would have been beaten, but those two are superheroes!

If you're out there, Sarah and Lorraine, know our thoughts are with you. :hug:

SuchAPrettyFace
06-22-2006, 04:27 PM
I was just wondering where she was!!! :(

Time to kick cancer's *** for a second time, my friend. :drill:

My thoughts & prayers & love & :goodvibes: are going out to you.

DishyFishy
06-22-2006, 05:25 PM
That's just awful news. :(

:goodvibes: to you both, Sarah and Lorraine. :hug:

ElaineR
06-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Nori,

Thank you for sending me Sarah's blog. Sarah, I feel so humbled by you even though I haven't had the chance to get to know you. Sending healing prayers your way.

Elaine
241/240/130
Start: 6/20/06

teahoney
06-22-2006, 07:37 PM
I hate to hear this. Sarah, you are definitely in my prayers.

jtammy
06-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Sarah, You're in my prayers. I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this again.

Nash
06-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Ack sorry to hear this, thoughts are definately with you Sarah.

lessofsarahtolove
06-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Ack
"Ack" is right!! That pretty much sums it up, I'd say. :dizzy: It really just sucks, and I wish it weren't happening to us, and I'm afraid of not beating it....but really, overall, I'm feeling pretty much like, "Alrighty, well, somebody's got to be on the bad side of the statistics, so I knew that going in." And also, plenty of really fine people have to battle it more than once in order to win the war. So, OK, I'm going to be in that group. I cry, I mourn, and I regroup. That's just the way it is.

On Monday they'll go in with a CT to guide them through a biopsy of the mass -- THAT, incidentally, seemed to make itself palpable and visible over my clavicle like freaking overnight! :eek: -- and then we'll know for sure if we're gearing up to treat the right cancer. Gotta have the right juice for the malady, right? Then on Thursday I meet with my new onc -- the one who's treating me now that I've moved to Georgia, not the one who was treating me in Baltimore and ignored an active lymph node for months, discounting it as a "false positive." I'll also meet a radiation oncologist, who will talk me through my new course of treatment. I went through 6 months of intense chemo last year, but no rads, so this is all new to me. I'm to expect it to be a walk in the park compared to the chemo, side effects-wise, so that's good. Any hair that comes within "the beam" will be lost and not begin to regrow for like 4-5 months, so I'm hoping the longer "over-hair" will cover the parts below that are most likely going to be lost at the nape.

Yeah, it sucks, and I hate that they're going to radiate my thyroid, since so many of us end up with hypothyroidism. :mad: I get mad about different things, and the interruption of my weight loss is a biggie for me. :( I have been trying so hard to repair the damage I did to myself, and it hurts to have circumstances not under my control keep tumbling in my path wreaking havoc on my best efforts. At least there are no steroids this time, so maybe I'll fall into the minority of folks who have their throats radiated who don't go on to experience hyprothyroidism. :^: Pray for THAT, will you, while you're praying I beat the cancer??

Ok, tantrum over. I have many blessings, not the least of which is the amazing support which exists here in this very special corner of the weight loss world. You guys are amazing, and what I said over on my blog is that you all are a "warm blanket on a cold night," and I really mean it.

Thank you so, so much. Lorraine and I are in a lot of pain over this, and your support means everything. :grouphug:

Stepping Out
06-23-2006, 12:16 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your relapse. My prayers are going out to you and Lorraine :hug:

trishn222
06-23-2006, 02:12 AM
I don't really know you yet, but my prayers are with you and I hope that you beat this.

Trish

taekwondomom
06-23-2006, 03:35 AM
I am sorry to hear your news, Sarah. You've been good spirited and such a trouper in your comments and attitude to the :censored: replapse, but I just have to have a temper tantrum and say,
"It's not FAIR!" :tantrum: :mad:
However, I'm exceedingly confident you'll do great and kick its a$$ AGAIN.

(even though it makes me mad you have to go thru this AGAIN; once is enough. grrrrr)
:goodvibes: :hug:

coley144
06-23-2006, 05:49 AM
Everyone has said such wonderful things I cant think of what else to say but I wanted to post and send my love. C x

Heather
06-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Sarah -- Just saw this thread -- all my hopes for you two!! sucks is right.

Ms. Shapen
06-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Sarah: I don't know you either . . . yet. I read a couple entries in your blog. Your write wonderfully . . . concise, intelligent, full of heart. Your love for Lorraine is obvious and powerful. What a beautiful thing!

Your blog is testment to your strength. You will get through this, knowing that your Higher Power is looking over you and that so many folks care about you.

*Prayers for Sarah.*

mezmerize
06-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Sarah our prayers are with you guys! Sending lots and lots of hugs. I know you can beat this!!
Valerie

dragonwoman64
06-23-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm so sorry you and Lorraine have to go through this, Sarah. Sending you all the good vibes and prayers I can.

Thanks for the update, too.

Amanda Panda
06-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Sarah honey - what can I say? I am so sorry that your cancer has returned - it is so unfair!

My thoughts are with both you and Lorraine - try to stay strong, and if not, there are many, many people here who will carry you.

Love Amanda x

Jen
06-26-2006, 05:07 AM
:hug: Good luck today Sarah!:hug:

lessofsarahtolove
06-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Thank you, Jen. :hug: I can't tell you how much I appreciate your having started this thread to get some prayers and good vibes headed my way -- and then to remember my big day! You're a real sweetheart. :goodvibes

Well, I had the biopsy -- it ended up being both a larger and a smaller ordeal than I'd expected. The problem is that I'm not sure if the results of yesterday's biopsies will be conclusive, because of some reasons I'll go into more on my blog. (I don't want to bore all of you to death here or give TMI.) I'm going to make a blog entry in a little bit, after I have a little brekkie.

Anyway, I've got a few large purple hematomas (neck and arms) and my neck is very stiff and sore, but all in all, I'm none the worse for wear. As soon as my oncologist gets the results, he'll contact me. If we get a negative (no sign of disease) I'll have to go back for them to do another kind of biopsy. If we get a positive (signs of disease) then we will have verified that the scans are right and I'll move forward with treatment....probably radiation.

Like I said, I'll post more details on my blog in a little bit.

Thanks to all of you who've been so supportive. :grouphug:

newfiedarling
06-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the update Sarah! You're amazing!

~Dee

dragonwoman64
06-27-2006, 11:59 AM
good luck, Sarah. Fingers crossed in Brooklyn! Lots of good vibes.

DishyFishy
06-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated, Sarah. Rooting for you, as always. :goodvibes:

Sandi
06-27-2006, 02:05 PM
:hug: :hug: Sarah :hug: :hug:

It must be hard going through all that and not being sure they got what they needed.

:crossed: for good news.

Sheila53
06-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Just got back into town and saw this. I'm sorry you're going through all this, Sarah, and you and Lorraine are in my thoughts. Definitely have my fingers crossed for good news, and I'm making sure all my pets cross their paws, too. :)

jmacway
06-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Your strength and attitude are amazing. If I am in a similar situation I hope I can handle it the same way. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Raelynn
06-28-2006, 12:40 AM
I am so sorry that you are going through this Sarah. I am praying for you. <HUG>

MelodyL
06-28-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm new here, but read the blog, and just wanted to say I'm so sorry that you guys are having to go through this. Sending up a prayer for you.

famograham
06-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Still sending all my love and prayers and healing postive thoughts every single day Sarah :goodvibes: :angel: :grouphug:

Love you.
Linda

teahoney
06-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the update. I will continue to pray for you.

djs06
06-28-2006, 06:07 PM
I love me some Sarah!!! I'm thinking of you and Lorraine, sweetie.

lessofsarahtolove
07-02-2006, 06:47 PM
:goodvibes

Hi everybody -- I'm holding on. It turns out radiation won't ensure a longterm remission or give me a cure, so I'm going to have a Stem Cell Transplant (http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/what_transplantation_procedures_hodgkins_disease_0 00083_10.htm). I found out on Thursday. On Monday, Lorraine and I will meet for 3 hours with the transplant team and physician to learn more about it and coordinate its start. It will start right away. I've posted much more on my blog (http://journeytobabeland.blogspot.com/), if you're wanting more info. :)

I want you all to know that I'm as ready and prepared as I can be. I'm really ok. (But prayers and good vibes sure wouldn't hurt! :dizzy: )

Much love to all of you. :grouphug:

P.S. On the upside, I'm almost guaranteed a weight loss this time around! ;)

activeadventurer
07-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Sarah, I am so sorry to hear about this. :( I haven't been around much lately except to post on the points challenge and missed this until now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Lorraine. It sounds like you are in good hands and it is no surprise that you have a lot of love and support around you:hug: I am going to rush over and read your blog when I get finished with this.

I was especially touched by one of the things you wrote..." it hurts to have circumstances not under my control keep tumbling in my path wreaking havoc on my best efforts
While I know you were referring to your weight loss, those words pretty much sum up my experience when I was diagnosed with cancer almost 2 years ago. Circumstances not under my control wreaking havoc!!! I found it both frustrating and humbling. A little lonely too. While your friends and family can love and support you, you are the one that this is happening too.

I really appreciate how supportive you were when I had another cancer scare last year. It made me feel a lot closer to you then I might have otherwise. Know that much love, prayers and support are being directed your way.

:hug:
Denise

DollyR
07-02-2006, 11:46 PM
Sarah,

I have only know you online but have been impressed with your ability to encourage others and get them through the tough weight loss journey.

I wish you the best and am sending healing thoughts to you during this time of trial. :grouphug: Good luck Sarah! I know you can beat this! :grouphug:

ChocLabLover
07-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Sarah, I read your blog, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and Lorraine. :hug: :hug:

boiaby
07-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Sarah m'dear, and lovely Lorraine, I am so deeply deeply sorry that life has decided to test your will and resilience once again. As if you haven't already proved yourself perfectly capable, humph! All right, saddle up, here we go again. But this time let's be sure to drive the point home loud and clear, Sarah ain't takin' this sh*t anymore!! Sending still more good vibes, you're in my thoughts and my heart, and I'm behind you every step of the way!

Take care my friend,:hug:
Beverly

Gardenwife
07-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Praying for you during your appointment today. (((love you!)))

Heather
07-04-2006, 02:14 PM
:hug: :hug: to you and lorraine and all your furry housemates!

SnowboundChick
07-04-2006, 02:49 PM
I haven't been here in awhile, so I only saw this today. I am so sorry you are going through this. I don't pray but I will for you and you will have good vibes and positive thoughts coming your way as well.

Sheila53
07-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Sarah, my heart goes out to you and Lorraine. I'm sorry you're facing yet another health challenge. Stay strong as only you can do. Thinking of you. . .

famograham
07-04-2006, 03:55 PM
:angel: Still here Sarah, sending love and paryers every single day :angel:

:hug: :grouphug: :hug:
Linda

aqua272
07-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Sarah,
I have been reading your blog....my heart goes out to you. Prayer is a powerful thing. I will have my church and everyone I know pray for you continually. You will get thru this. Stay as positive as you are. I am a neighbor from Florida, if there is anything I can do, please ask. My thoughts will be with you continually.

kykaree
07-07-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm just doing a lightening fast check in on free internet in Singapore on the way home :hug:

I am nearly crying!!!! Because you have been through so much, and because everyone is so loving and supportive. I have so missed the support here.

Love and super positive thoughts coming your way.

DollyR
07-07-2006, 09:53 PM
I just read your July 5th blog and all I can say is......Keep going Sarah we are all pulling for you!!

Michelle
07-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Sarah -- I haven't gotten to know you, but my prayers and thoughts are truly with you.:hug: :hug: :hug:

sabriena
07-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Wow, Sarah, just wow. It's horrible to hear about the news but I know you'll kick it again like you did the last time. You're an inspirational person to everyone and I hope all ends well :)

activeadventurer
07-08-2006, 10:07 AM
I am continuing to send you thoughts and prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated on your blog.
XXOO
Denise

alphabetsoup
07-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Oh Sarah - I'm so sorry to hear this - the last thing you need is to go through more of this. You are strong though and I know you can get through it.

Thinking of you. :hug:

Laura

Sandi
07-09-2006, 08:34 PM
More hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: and prayers :angel: :angel: :angel: coming your way!

aqua272
07-10-2006, 09:27 AM
You are constantly in my prayers, along with Lorraine. Keep your faith strong.
You have many people here for you....

SuchAPrettyFace
07-14-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't have access to your blog since I am at work (and supposed to be working) but I saw this today & immediately thought of you.

What Cancer Cannot Do

It cannot cripple love.

It cannot shatter hope.

It cannot corrode faith.

It cannot destroy peace.

It cannot kill friendships.

It cannot suppress memories.

It cannot silence courage.

It cannot invade the soul.

It cannot steal eternal life.

It cannot conquer the spirit.

:hug: ,

SAPF

Gardenwife
07-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Just checking in to say hi. I hope your chemo went well. The rap your friend from the Hodgkin's board wrote is fantastic! Enjoy your furnished and decorated house! *smack*

DishyFishy
07-14-2006, 05:12 PM
That's so cool, SAPF.

Still sending those :goodvibes to you, Sarah.

lessofsarahtolove
07-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Thank you for all of the support, you guys! I'm hanging in there! I started a harsher regimen of chemo this week; they call it "salvage chemo." The process for an autologous stem cell transplant is to first do salvage chemo (in my case, probably 3 cycles, or 9 weeks) then they give you a drug to put your bone marrow into overdrive to create as many stem cells as possible (stem cells are baby cells that grow up to become red blood cells, white blood cells, etc.) After that, they'll harvest my stem cells, sucking the blood out and separating out the stem cells and pumping the rest back in -- I'll be just sitting there in front of the machine while that happens. I'll do this until they get what they need (5 million per kilogram of body weight.) This could take several sessions, or just one, it depends on the person. After that, once they've rescued the stem cells, they'll give me really high dose chemo -- so strong that if they hadn't put my stem cells away for safekeeping, I wouldn't be able to recover because I'd be unable to create more. The idea here is to give crushing, killing chemo to obliterate any remaining cancer cells that might be hiding. THEN they put the stem cells back in, and the 3-4 weeks following are spent in relative misery while those cells are "engrafted," or reassimilated, into my system.

Fascinating stuff, isn't it??? I am just amazed and so grateful that this procedure exists and carries the opportunity for a cure! :)

I'll have quite a bit of a recovery afterwards, and I might not ever experience my pre-transplant energy levels or stamina, but I don't have any other choice. So what do you do when there's no choice? You suck it up and make the best of it! :D

Anyway, hope I didn't gross you guys out or freak you out -- just wanted to explain what I'm going to do in case you didn't know what a stem celll transplant was. (I know I didn't and was pretty happy about that! ;) )

I've heard people refer to Hodgkins Disease (lymphoma) as "cancer light." It really pisses me off to hear that, or that it's "the good cancer." Since my fight began last year, I've known 4 people who've died from it. (And only like 7,200 Americans get diagnosed a year!) My primary transplant doctor (there's a team) told me that if I can manage to get into remission prior to the SCT, I'll have a 60-70% chance of a cure (with long term side effects and risk of future disease, most frequently leukemia.) Those numbers are a lot better than some folks hear, so I'm ready for a fight!

So far, so good. I'm holding up pretty well -- I'm not going to go into too much detail here because I fear I've grossed you guys out enough already, but all in all, I'm weathering this first cycle pretty well. I've completed the treatment for Cycle One, now I just have 3 weeks of recovery before I go into Cycle Two -- which will be considerably stronger. (Which makes me HAPPY!!) After that, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get another cycle before harvesting and starting the SCT process.

God bless modern science, eh? Not so long ago, my initial diagnosis would have been a death sentence -- much less this relapse. Oh! I should mention that my relapse is just in one spot -- although that's a 4 cm tumor, ick! -- but at least it's not "systemic," or all over the place, like it was at the time of my diagnosis!

Anyway, I'm tough, and motivated to do whatever is necessary to just get to the other side. :goodvibes :goodvibes Let's get this party started!

Thanks again for the support -- I had no idea you guys were still thinking of me! :^:

glynne
07-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Continued thoughts and prayers for you Sarah ~ thank you for sharing with us. You are awesome!! :hug:

SwimGirl
07-15-2006, 03:21 AM
Sarah - Wow, thats quite the process, knowledge is power, right? Definitely a learning lesson for this girl.. thanks :) Your strength always amazes me, I wonder if they have a process to bottle that up as well? ;) Best wishes..

-Aimee

mezmerize
07-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Seconding what Aimee said. Sending my prayers to the both of you.

famograham
07-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks again for the support -- I had no idea you guys were still thinking of me! :^:

What, what , what???

Sarah...I can't speak for everyone else here, but I for one think of you every SINGLE day.
I am so proud and in absolute awe of you, your strength, your relationship with Lorraine and the attitude that you carry always...just knowing that you will face whatever comes your way with all the determination and positive thinking that you can muster.

You've never given up, or given in and you love SO deeply with all of your heart...that is why cancer cannot beat you. And as for your relationship, well, I'd give anything to have something as beautiful as what you have there :)

So, yeah...still thinking about you on this end, always :)

with all my heart,
Linda

Hpnotq
07-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Sarah and Lorraine I don't know yall as I'm very new here. You've both got my prayers.

djs06
07-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Sarah, I think of you at LEAST twice a day! Thanks for the update. We know you're one helluva fighter, Rocky :)

Jen415
07-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Sarah...I can't speak for everyone else here, but I for one think of you every SINGLE day.

She's not the only one.....

Praying for your healing to come soon.....

tolose85
07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Every day Every other hour... We're always thinking of you. You've got a lot of people pulling for you.... We love you A LOT!

ChocLabLover
07-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Sarah, of course we think of you! You were one of the first people to welcome me and I have always loved the picture you have in your avatar. You fight fight fight this, and know that you have a whole community of people rooting for you. :hug:

lessofsarahtolove
07-20-2006, 01:04 AM
Oh my God, you guys!!!! :thanks: Man, you all sure know how to make a girl feel loved!! :cloud9:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :goodvibes :goodvibes

I'm doing ok! I had my first cycle of salvage chemo last week and am recovering quite nicely. This regimen is definitely some powerful juju, though!! :^: -- although not quite as powerful as it could be if I were to get it delivered to me inpatient rather than outpatient, as I have, alas. It's a long story (for more detail, feel free to visit my blog!) but the jist of it is that it's looking like I'm going to switch both oncologists and hospitals. Stressful, but a good thing! I like my current oncologist very much, but I'm not sure he's the right oncologist for this moment in my cancer life. Maybe after the transplant. In the meantime, I need to get stronger chemo than he's able to give me outpatient, and I need to have the transplant done inpatient (as it's done almost everywhere -- but where I was planning on getting it done) because Lorraine can't take 4-6 weeks off of work to be my caregiver 25/7, as would be required if I did the stem cell transplant outpatient.

While it's stressful to change everything midstream, it's a good thing, though, and I'm feeling very positive and hopeful. :goodvibes In other news, Lorraine's family just left (which is a good thing), we're loving the house more than ever, and the pool should be done by the end of next week so I'll be able to get a few swims before I'm not allowed in the pool anymore! :carrot:

Thank you again for everything. :hug:

BreakingFree
07-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Sarah -

You don't know me but I feel I know you a bit as I've been lurking here for a (shamefully) long time. I always found your posts to be full of wisdom, enthusiasm and humor and, despite everything you're going through, your posts still reflect this. You are truly amazing.

I'm just writing to say that I work at a major cancer center and you did the absolutely right thing by getting a second opinion (but you already knew that). And while I don't work with lymphoma patients, I have personally known several women (patients) who have come through stem cell transplants with flying colors. I feel confident that you will do the same.

Wishing you strength and courage as you fight this thing!

djs06
07-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Good to hear from you, Sarah! I'm thinking of you still, of course. How is Lorraine doing? Last I remember, she was under the weather..

DollyR
07-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I am thinking of you and continue to send loving and healing thoughts to you.

mezmerize
07-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Sarah Thanks for the update. I wished you lived closer so I could help out. I'm happy to hear your recovering well from the 1st cycle of salvage chemo. From reading this one can tell how positive you are. It's WONDERFUL!!! I'm sure you'll be quiet the mermaid once that pool is finish! It will be great tool for your workouts when that time comes. Sending many happy and healing vibes your way!

mezmerize
07-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Quite;) whoops

Gardenwife
07-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Sarah, baby! I'm so glad to hear your update. Howie and I are walking right with you, as you have with us ever since you reached out to us here. We love you!

Sandi
07-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Sarah - Glad to hear that you are making good decisions for you!! :hug: Thinking about you always!!

aqua272
07-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Still thinking about you everyday and praying for your full recovery. You have such a positive attitude, it just puts me to shame when I complain about the little things. Keep your faith strong. Anything you need, just ask!
Your neighbor in Florida.....

activeadventurer
08-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Sarah,

I am so glad and releived that you selected the more aggressive treatment with your new oncologist. You are one brave lady. Hugs and kisses to you and Lorraine.

flawlesscube
08-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Sarah, I am really new here though after reading your blog I am amazed at what a positive attitude you have. Know that one more person is sending you prayers and thoughts. You and Lorraine are defintely in my prayers.
Anna

taekwondomom
08-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Wow, I've missed a bunch of important news! Sarah, sure sounds like you have your plan for kicking cancers a$$ well in hand. Sending a$$ kickin' vibes your way...:goodvibes::boxing: Thinking of you and Lorraine! :hug:

activeadventurer
08-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi Folks,

I noticed from Sarah's blog that she is having some tests tomorrow and Wednesday. Keep her in your thought ans prayers. We are here for you Sarah. :hug: Lorraine too! Kick cancer's butt!!!

Jen415
08-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Bumping this to the top!! Think of you, Sarah and Lorraine!

famograham
08-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Me too :goodvibes: :angel:

Sending all my love, positive thoughts and prayers for both of you.

:hug::hug::hug:
Linda

lessofsarahtolove
08-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi there, you guys! :wave:

Thank you all for continuing to think of me (and Jen, for bumping this up!) I feel those good vibes......and you know what? THEY'RE WORKING!! :hyper:

Denise mentioned (thank you, sweet Denise -- and Linda!) that I was having some tests....they're all preparatory to my stem cell transplant (bone marrow transplant,) and one of the biggies was something called a PET scan, which identifies and measures cancerous activity in the body. I've had some high dose chemo so far, with the goal of getting me into remission prior to my transplant..........and I'M THERE!! Remission, baby!! No cancerous activity at all!! I still have to have some radiation to my neck prior to the transplant, but getting to remission improves my prognosis a LOT!! I have much better odds of getting a cure out of this procedure now, thank God, and not everyone is so fortunate, so I'm very, very grateful.

So now I get my stem cells collected and frozen next week, start radiation the week after, and probably will spend the month of October in the hospital getting super duper high dose chemo and then getting my stem cells transplanted back into my system. Then, when it's medically safe for them to release me, I'll get to go home and start the recovery process......with, ultimately, the assistance of my good friend Leslie Sansone. ;)

I'm hoping I get a little weight loss out of this gig -- that would be a nice little perk, eh? :lol:

Anyway, wanted to share the good news, and let you all know that I'm thinking of you a lot. I'm looking forward to joining your ranks once again when I can focus again on weight loss. (My weight continues to climb, unfortunately.)

Much love to you all -- and special mention to my dear, dear friend Gretchen.....I'm so, so, SO happy to see you back in the saddle again, kicking *** and taking prisoners! :s: You go, you badass!!!

Love, love, and more love -- big, squeezy hugs to all of you! :hug: :hug:

jillybean720
08-30-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm SO glad to hear things are looking promising! Your strength and attitude are, as always, amazing, and until you post of a successful stem cell transplant and recovery, you'll be in our thoughts! :hug:

ChocLabLover
08-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Sarah I posted on your blog, but I also wanted to do a great big :woo: for the great great news!

Sheila53
08-30-2006, 05:01 PM
That's such great news, Sarah! Thanks for sharing. I read your blog, too, although I "lurk," but know that you're in my thoughts.

SnowboundChick
08-30-2006, 06:09 PM
What wonderful news! I'm so happy that it's gone into remission and you have a better chance at beating this after the surgery. You are in my thoughts!

glynne
08-31-2006, 11:15 AM
Hi Sarah ~ thoughts, prayers and good vibes continue.

synger
08-31-2006, 12:17 PM
Thank you for the update, Sarah. Your struggle is a tremendous one, and I am honored that we can be part of your support network. My prayers go with you and your family, that God will keep you strong and work His healing through the doctors.

Sandi
08-31-2006, 02:37 PM
I just posted on your BLOG and then found this!! Congratulations on the clean scan! Best of news!!! :hug:

famograham
08-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Congratualtions Sarah :)

Now you can go into this with the best possible chances. I know you could have beaten it even with the worst.

Still sending all my love every day...and I will continue to do so until we can all look back on this in awe of the whole journey.

:angel: :goodvibes: :angel:
Love you,
Linda

Gardenwife
11-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Please, have any of you heard from Sarah? Her last blog update was November 7 and she was going to be at home after that. Anyone have Lorraine's e-mail to PM?

famograham
11-22-2006, 02:50 PM
I haven't heard from her, but have been thinking about her every day and reading her blog too.

Sarah....love....fill us in, OK?

xoxoxo
Linda

Jen415
11-23-2006, 01:05 AM
Bumping this again........prayers for Sarah and Lorraine!

glynne
11-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Thoughts and prayers continue from here too.

Michelle
11-23-2006, 01:39 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you.:hug:

wip
11-24-2006, 12:30 AM
Wow, thanks for bumping. I was gone for so long I had no idea. Hope you're home Sarah and kicking some bad cell butt. Lots of hugs, love and prayers!!!

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

p.s. happy turkey day..this one made me laugh :turkey:

tolose85
11-29-2006, 10:53 AM
I've heard from Sarah- I just got an e-mail from her the other day. She is doing well. It was just a quickie e-mail and we plan on chatting soon. I'll tell her you all are looking for her!