LA Weight Loss - Summer Sass Plan - Never ever give up!

ledom
06-21-2006, 12:31 PM
:carrot: Summer is here!!! Time to enjoy all the bounty of the garden and share our stories. Anyone is welcome to join in with judi, Alice, LaDean, Cindy, and I. We are always trying, never giving up - there may be stall outs but we know what we gotta do. I am full of cliches today - it isn't over 'til it's over is one that comes to mind. This is the season that I will personally go from obese to merely overweight. I am 45 lbs. from my goal, when I have lived at 145 lbs. from my goal this seems truly svelte. Let's enjoy the journey.:carrot:

LaDean
06-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Ledom. a cute board title. thanks for giving us a cute one and i am truly ready for summer losses to. so we will go for it and we will do it reach our goals. good luck and have a great day
Hi. judi, aleka and cindy... have a good day.

ledom
06-23-2006, 01:56 AM
How is your garden coming along LaDean? I know it is much cooler out your way than here. I have been getting nice things at our farmer's market. The first tomatoes have started coming in.

My body finally decided to let go of a chunk of weight this week after several weeks of not. I'll never figure out how that works. I am happy for this weeks loss though. One more lb. and I will move out of the obese category.

LaDean
06-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Morning Ledom. well garden is coming up good. one spot better then other one. as we have 2 large gardens. have a lot across road and one and then lot next to our house and one. but keeps hubby busy and he loves that. ha oh tomatoes already how neat. ours will be awhile yet. i hope i do not take a allergic reaction to them this year. ha ha always cannot wait till have some. oh the farmers markets are nice to go to. yes cooler then there. but having warmer days now. 100 for weekend it says. i will be in. do not care for it that warm. my scales were up 4.25 lbs last week but i did not complain with all the eating out and different things on reno trip. loved it and at my age i will enjoy all. ha ha i have a new week and day. having my fruit this early this am. Oh so happy for you and a loss. i know i can eat and loss then watch it and gain at times. but i take it all now. ha well have a good day now. You to aleka, judi and cindy.. we can and will lose. together is fun.

ledom
06-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Morning LaDean. Missing you judi and Alice, I hope you are doing well and enjoying summer.

All is well here, not much new. We are predicted to have a weather reprieve early this week w/ temps. in the 80's and low humidity. I plan to take advantage by heading back out to the lake for a couple of days. I have become such a hedonist - just having fun this summer seems to be my MO.

Diet and exercise rocking along, had a great week last week and now the scale is just sitting still. In a tight 14 now and just really loving that. When I hold up my latest pair of jeans and look at them they look so small. I know it is all relative and many would think that they are still huge. Not me though, I am happy to be here.

ledom
06-25-2006, 02:37 PM
ps - There is an incredibly cute picture of a boston terrier puppy here

cuteoverload.com or cuteoverload dot com

esteban
06-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Amen to that!! Greetings everyone:wave:

Sorry I have been MIA but we have been experiencing unusually fine weather and I have been gardening. It has been such fun. You have two gardens LaDean ... good for you!!! I wish I could have tomatoes but there is just not enough sun even for the patio ones. I have flowers though. Last week I planted 3 rose bushes the floribunda type. They are candy striped and scented. They are so nice and I have great hopes for them. When my GS was last here he was running thru the garden and all around the beds and the lawn. It looked like the place was very magical for him. It was so nice to see that. I remember being very young and the garden seeming like a very enchanted and special place.

Last Sat. I attended the NHL draft which was exciting.

No weight loss news...I have been just staying the same. I have only half heartedly been Shangri-la ing. I am just trying to stay at 1650 calories a day and get in a min. of 30 minutes exercise. I signed on to MyFoodDiary.com again ... it is just the easiest way to do it for me.

I loved the picture of the kayak Ledom. Boy, you have really hit your groove dieting Ledom. You are in the ZONE:carrot: :hug: !!!

LaDean and Alice are you still doing the Shangri-la diet? How is it going???

Thanks for that cute site Alice. I bookmarked it.

LaDean
06-28-2006, 10:53 AM
HI, well i forget to do the oil. so this morning back to it. ha i am down good this week. so happy about that. glad all is going good your way judi. yes 2 big gardens here for sure. got lots of tomatoe plants and there doing ok. and cucumbers and potatoes. that is the garden.. keeps hubby busy he loves it. He does it mostly. has his way so i just do not get into it till ready to pick then i can do that. ha ha does not hurt my feelings. ha ha we have dalias mine are getting ready to bloom. then got lots of roses. love them. there so pretty this year. glad you have a flower garden to. i love flowers. gardens are fun to. we have 2 large lots then the lot with house and all. have yard work on it to. keeps him busy but he is a worker. ha ha wish i could just keep up with him. would have this wt off for sure. i did get out in heat and do the side fence weeding flowers the other day. wanted to get use to the heat before summer and all. never made me sick so was happy about that. i worked up a good sweat. ha good for me. well hey all of you have a good day. Ledom that is the cutest site just loved the picture. thanks for sharing. LaDean

aleka
06-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

I've been MIA, I really hadn't done much in the weight dept. I couldn't take anymore of that oil on the Shangrila diet. I took the plunge this morning and joined Weight Watchers....yet again. :o I got a phamphlet in the mail offering free registration, so thought I'd take advantage of it. Wish me luck! :crossed:

LaDean, that's great having 2 gardens. You must do a lot of canning in the fall. It's hard to do any gardening down here because of the fire ants. You never know where they're lurking. DH dug up a bush out back and unbeknownst to him the roots were infested with fire ants. He had some pretty good bits on his torso.

ledom, thank you for that link. Those pictures were adorable. When Lacee was a puppy she had that same dot on the top of her head that the puppy in the picture had. As she got older it filled in a bit.

judi, it sounds like you've been enjoying yourself gardening. All your flowers sound beautiful. Are you back on the Shangrila diet?

Have a great afternoon everyone.

P.S. I almost forgot! Yesterday afternoon a very young, FL Panther was walking in our neighbor's yard out back, on the other side of our fence. At first I thought it was an ordinary cat, but when I got a clearer look, I realized it was no ordinary house cat. It was a little big bigger than Lacee. I was surprised that I didn't see the mother lurking about. I think I've seen more wildlife down here than I saw in NH.

ledom
06-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey Guys - So glad everyone checked in. Did we lose you Cindy?

I took advantage of a couple of cooler, low humidity days to go to the lake again. I have found a camping spot that I might just take up permanent residence at!

Oh Judi - your garden sounds divine. I'd love to watch your gs run through it. That just sounds like what life is all about and what makes all your work on it worthwhile. And LaDean - I want to walk in your garden too. You must have a beautiful place.

Alice - a panther!!! How exciting? I love seeing wildlife. Today when I was out on the lake I saw something interesting. I was paddling along the shore and saw two turtle nests next to each other. The eggs looked like they had just hatched. After noticing that I saw the most amazing rock right next to them. I live in an area where quartz crystals are found and there are lots of white crystals all over the lake but this one was covered with many many clear quartz points. I had to bring it home with me.

Anyway, I am home now and it is countdown time for the trip. I leave in 2 1/2 weeks. OMG - I am so excited! Is there any way I can lose 4 lbs. between now and then? I would love to hit the 180's before then, it would just make me feel so good. I think I am going to count calories and try to keep them on the low side between now and then, and drink a lot of water, and keep up my workouts. It seems like things have really slowed down lately! Well, maybe I am just feeling impatient. No matter - it is all as it should be.

BfL_Cat
06-29-2006, 02:36 PM
You lost me for a while, but here I am again - wait, I think it's me you're talking about - it's been so long that maybe it's a different Cindy you're wondering about! I do believe I've been gone for ages - can't remember the last time I posted - back in March maybe???

Work has been horrible for months - I'm on a software launch project that takes up all of my time, and then there is travel to sites for training. I head to China (Hong Kong area and Shanghai) on the 15th, for two weeks. Then it will be over for a bit - only US travel after that.

And I'm a stess eater, so I'm sure you can put 2+2 together - I've gained more than I care to admit right now, and am struggling to get things under control.

I joined a WW@work group that started up yesterday - not sure if I'll really follow their program or not, but was looking for some motivation and support, and maybe some accountability. Since it's during working hours, I can get away during the week, whereas once I'm home I want nothing to do with the computer.

So, I'm hoping you guys will let me back in your group and will bear with me. I'm feeling quite negative about myself lately, and it's hard not to be constantly beating myself up about letting this happen.

I need to start working out again, but have no motivation or energy to make time for it. I hate that I know what I need to do, but just can't seem to make myself do it....

Anyway, I'm here, and I intend to try to stick around. Maybe just reading about your successes will give me the kick in the butt I need!
Cindy

ledom
06-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Yay Cindy - yes you! and it's so good to have you back!

Stop feeling bad about yourself right now~that's an order! That is totally not productive.

It sounds like you a have taken a step in the right direction by joining WW - you and Alice can compare notes here maybe since you both have just joined.

Your travel sounds so exciting.

You see the title here about never giving up - if I thought and became discouraged by all the times I haven't suceeded at losing weight I'd be so depressed. It just isn't worth going there. We all know how incredibly difficult losing weight is, if it was easy we would all be thin now.

So anyway, once again it is great to hear from you. Check in as often as you can!

LaDean
06-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi, my hubby does alot of the canning. help. he cans pickles in gallon jars. gives alot of this away. does tomatoes and juice. and then we have the potatoes . have a big freezer on patio that does not work so store our potatoes in it. he loves his garden and it and yard work gives him lots to do. i help with the eating and preparing for canning. keeps us both busy picking and all. a friend gets some and cans. so not to bad. i love fresh ones. apples will be good this year to. we have bout 10 apple trees about. oh never heard of those ants. we have earwigs that are bad in things. that would be awful do not blame you for not wanting to have one. Oh its so good to come here and visit with all of you and share. aleka ww that is neat. my friend just joined a group and so i went back to watching points. as can still do plan i am on and count pts to. with jorge cruise just eat certain times. the oil i keep forgetting. well have a good day all of you. LaDean

ledom
07-03-2006, 11:50 AM
LaDean - sounds like you have a keeper when it comes to husbands.

How is everyone doing? Any big plans for the holiday?

I plan to grill for DD and my mother. Lots of meat - I have chicken, shrimp, kebalsa. I'll make a couple vegetable sides, watermelon, maybe a key lime pie as I have lots of limes left from the last one I made. I'll be sending leftover home with my guests.

All my focus is getting everything done in order to enjoy my trip. Sorry if I mention it every time i post, I am just so excited. I have thought of it and anticipated it for so long, I can't believe it is almost here. I am going to leave a day earlier than I thought, the 14th as where we plan on staying it's easier to get rooms if you don't go on the weekend. That's fine with me, the sooner the better.

Happy Holiday to all and judi as you are Canadian, you should celebrate too as an honorary guest.

LaDean
07-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi, so happy your getting to take your trip ledom. that is really something to be excited about. you be as excited as you want on here. oh your 4th sounds so good. wish i was there. nothing planned for us. we stay off roads and pretty close to home. i may go to my brothers for bbq. sometimes they have one. but always fireworks at nite up there. so will be there for those. today cooler it says. i hope. been pretty warm but good for garden. yes i have the greatest hubby. he loves to work and stay busy. me now i take retirement alittle more. ha ha oh well works for us. i need to get cars washed. i do it to play in water more. ha ha just got up and scales are looking good. so that is always good thing first of morning. Hey girls have a great day now. enjoy your 4th to the fullest. LaDean

aleka
07-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Just wanted to pop in to wish you all a very happy 4th of July.:beach: We've had people setting off fireworks since Fri., which has gotten Miz Lacee all upset.

WW is going ok, but I'm having a bit of a problem eating to my target pts. I usually have 5 or 6 points left by the end of the day. I'm just not hungry and don't want to force myself to eat. They funny part is that I'm not eating much differently than before WW. So, I think my weight problem is due more from lack of exercise rather than my eating habits, or my metabolism is so screwed up from years of yo-yo dieting.

ledom, your 4th of July plans sound like a lot of fun. I hope you and your guests have a wonderful time. I'm sure the closer you get to leaving on your trip the more excited you become.

LaDean, if your go to your brother's for a bbq, have a great time. Does Bo mind the fireworks? Lacee is scared to death at some of them. Some of them don't bother her overly much, but they have to be the right pitch for them to bother her. I just hope for her sake that the firworks will be over tonight, but I'm afraid we'll have them for the rest of the week.

judi, want to wish you a belated Happy Canada Day. Hope you had a great holiday. How is the Shangrila Diet coming along? Are you still drinking the oil?

Cindy, how is WW coming along? Have you decided whether or not you're going to do their plan? There are a lot of things about their plan I do not agree with, but I need to be accountable. I wish you luck with it.

I hope you all enjoy your day.

ledom
07-04-2006, 12:20 PM
OMG something horrible happened yesterday. DD came over and we went to a movie - when we came home our carport and breezeway had burned to the ground. Our yard was full of firetrucks. Your basic worst nightmare.

The house is mostly ok, just smells really bad. No electricity until tomorrow at least. We are staying at my mothers. The cats are fine. My boats are a big puddle of blue melted plastic. You can imagine how sad I am about that.

I am at the internet cafe eating a scone right now so I can get online. I can already tell this is going to be a disaster for diet for the next couple days. I didn't sleep at all last night.

But, it is just stuff - and work. We're going to be ok. I AM going on my trip. Will know more what to expect after I meet with the insurance adjuster tomorrow.

So, the holiday won't be what I expected. Hope yours will be SO much better.

aleka
07-04-2006, 12:44 PM
OMG ledom, what an terrible thing to come home to. I am so sorry about your boats. I know how much they meant to you. On the bright side, you and the cats are ok. I hope things get back to normal for you soon. :hug:
I'll be thinking about you.

LaDean
07-04-2006, 06:22 PM
HI, so very sorry for what you came home to. jsut glad the dd was with you. oh how terrible. what do they think it ws fireworks. alot of it goes on. we have so much wood on our patio is so scary. we just worry about that. just thankful for your cats and you ok. hate to hear about your boats.

:bomb: HAPPY FORTH OF JULY TO ALL OF YOU

carolr3639
07-04-2006, 06:42 PM
I haven't been around here too long but these last posts reminded me of when our barn burnt down. We lost 5 golden retriever pups plus a lot of hay and other things. The smoke nearly drove me nuts. It smelled for a month, smoldering hay and all. I have a large garden, 30 tomato plants plus other things. That's why I started reading here. I have 50lb to lose and I am 57.

LaDean
07-04-2006, 10:01 PM
:welcome3: to the board. we are a great bunch and fun bunch of gals. so just jump right in and join us. :wel3fc: we are retired and have a huge garden. 2 big spots. hubby loves to work in it and he does alot of the canning. we have about 50 tomatoe plants and lots of cucumber plants. and also potatoes. that is about it. we can dill pickles and make tomatoe juice and can some tomatoes. we give lots away the can things. so is fun. yours sounds busy one to. well fireworks are starting early hear . just hear some. i wish all a NICE 4TH OF JULY.... we do not do much. stay off roads. what plan do you follow with your eating??? i have loss 32.50 lbs but found out i need to lose more. so i am going for another 30 some.. been doing pretty good. hey have a good day to all of you. LaDean

carolr3639
07-05-2006, 12:38 PM
I have been trying to do intuitive eating....eat when hungry stop when full...but I don't think it's working. I always lose some when I first begin something new. I do bodyflex everyday and lots of hoeing and tilling because I have flowers and vegetables. I have lots of restrictions because I have sarcoidosis so can't be in the sun......go out after 6pm usually or really early morning. I have trouble with high blood calcium so no dairy products (that's also the reason for no sun. It is little tumors in the lungs but they cause the calcium thing. Complicated even for me! I need to lose 50lb. but looked really good last summer when I lost 30 due to illness. Gained it all back quickly on prednisone.

aleka
07-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone,

Carol, :welcome: You and I are the same age, for the next few weeks anyway. :eek: I have done the intuitive eating plan too. I do like the idea of eating exactly what you want, but in lesser amounts. I am so sorry about the fire in your barn. Those poor, poor, puppies. As you can tell, I am an animal lover. I live in FL and am afraid to dig in anything because of the red fire ants we have down here. One afternoon DH dug up a plant in our backyard and unbeknownst to him the roots were infested with fire ants. He got bit pretty bad. We previously lived in NH for 30 yrs. and I loved playing in my Daylily garden.

LaDean, hope you had a great holiday. Being the holiday the fireworks were even worse than the days before. Poor Lacee was so afraid. I had to take her into our bathroom, put the exhaust fan on to drown out the noise, and stay there with her for a while. She eventually calmed down.

ledom, how are things with you? Do you know what started the fire? LaDean was right, it's a good thing your DD was with you.

Hey judi! Are you still Shangrila-ing?

Enjoy your day.

BfL_Cat
07-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Hello everyone - just checking in quickly.

Ledom - how awful! Do they know what started it? Will insurance replace your boats? What stopped it from getting to the house? Hope it didn't ruin your holiday too much.

When and where is this vacation I've been hearing about? Did I mention that I'm going to China this month? (sorry if I'm repeating myself - I'm pretty excited about the whole thing!) For work, so not that glamour, but I'm hoping to see a bit of Hong Kong and more of Shanghai. Pete (DB) will be joining me for the 2nd week, when I'll be in Shanghai. We hope to sneak to Beijing for a day or two, but will have to see how that goes. Kind of hard to make plans/reservations from so far away, when you don't speak the language!

WW is not going so well - this afternoon is weigh-in, and I've not been very good at sticking to any plan this past weekend. I'm just so hungry all the time! That and the fact that I run into tempting foods at every turn, adds up to lack of progress!

I really need to spend some time working out how I will eat within this plan. I also know I need to get moving - exercise is about the only thing that helps me these days!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Cindy

BfL_Cat
07-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Me again - just got back from my weigh-in, and I'm down 1.8#. Not spectacular, but at least it's in the right direction. I actually started to feel a little motivation/enthusiasm kick in during the meeting, which is exactly why I decided to join.

Guess I'll get me tracker updated and start planning better. I do want to see if I can do better for next week by actually trying!
Cindy

ledom
07-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Girls - you just don't realize what a touchstone you all are for me. It's 4:30 p.m. and you should see me, I look like something the cat dragged in. I am sitting at the Sanfrancisco Bread Co. where they have free WiFi and I don't care that I am such a mess.

Carol it is so fabulous that you have joined us. You are going to fit right in, I can tell. I am so sorry about those puppies. I can't even imagine if we had lost the cats. Damage to the house is pretty minimal. But it is still all messed up. Not a clue what started it, there is no logical explanation. I don't think it was fireworks as I haven't heard them in our neighborhood.

Cindy, I am going to Oregon to see that man I am so crazy about. I am just freaked at the thought of not going since I have been dreaming of it for a year at least. I will go, it will happen. Everyone has been made aware and seems to be working to make it happen for me.

That's about it for now. I'll keep in touch though. Ya'll take care and thanks so much for being here.

carolr3639
07-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Could any one give some advice on how to find your way around on the board? I have a hard time finding things, even when i use the search. Thanks.

LaDean
07-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi go to home page here then click community the drop click forum then stroll down and when you find a board you want to go into just click that board. hope this is what you wanted. i love to go into the boards so fun sharing with so many. have a good day. LaDean

ledom
07-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Carol - one of the ways I surf 3fc is to click on New Posts at the top of the page and scan topics that look interesting to me. It is a way to cue in on active topics and threads.

Wanted to say hi to everyone while I have a chance to check in. I still am without power at my house - maybe Monday. I am still on track to leave for my trip. Talked to Robert and he has a fabulous trip planned. Reservations in beautiful houses and resorts on the the coast. It is going to be just delicious. I am so looking forward.

I am sure I'll be checking in again before I leave. Hope everyone is well. I lost a couple of lbs. this week.

esteban
07-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone! I have been away because I haven't lost anything just maintaining and felt so useless.

Welcome Carol. I am 56 and I have a 100 to lose ... well, practically 110-115 if I want to be slim...but I will settle for a 100 and just be normal.

Ledom, I am so very sorryabout the fire. I know how very scary it is! Remember a few years back when we were travelling in Oregon and having dinner in a cafe and our RV burnt totally up. God was really with us as our dog Marley was in the truck instead of the trailer where he would usually be and so was the project that DH was working on. The first thing a fireman did bring out from the burning RV was my bible. I took that as a cosmic sign. Thank God you and your DD and the cats are all safe. I am sorry about the boat though. I know insurance replaced everything we lost...so I hope the same will happen for you. I must add the people in Oregon were amazingly kind. Everyone tried to help and the city we were in offered vouchers to stay in a motel that night. It is a horrible shock though when something like that happens. Do you know yet what caused it? In our RV the fire started was because the fridge (which runs on propane) was wired incorrectly at the factory...so it was just a matter of time until the fire happened. As it was we were parked in a mall parking lot quite far away from anyone. We always used to try to park far away from everyone so we could pull out easily. How is your DD after the fire...not too shaken up I hope.

I am happy you are still excited about your trip to Eugene. It sounds wonderful...the Oregon coast is so beautiful...very wild looking.

Alice, I have been hit and miss on the Shangri-la thing. I think I will give it another try with the oil. I have started treadmilling again. It is actually fun. I put on my ipod and just blast my head with music and it really fires me up to keep going and with a good intensity. I don't seem to work out as hard if I am listening to music on a CD player as I do when it is my ipod.

Bfl_Cat...that is so exciting about going to CHINA! Wow!!

LaDean you have lost 32.5 pounds...that is amazing:bravo: :hat: :cp: What do you usually eat? How many calories? Do you write stuff down? I know you walk a lot.

The weather here has been fabulous...not too hot just comfortable around the low 80's. My garden looks great. My DH built a beautiful deck on top of our garage so he has recovered amazingly from his hip replacement surgery. To think for the last couple of years he mostly sat in his chair in front of the computer and this year he built a deck. It is wonderful.

My grandson has been over. He is so sweet. He is full of 2 and a half year old contrariness...whenever you tell him a little fact or something ...he looks really thoughtful and then smiles and says "I don't TINK so". We are enjoying being grandparents so much.

carolr3639
07-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Your grandson sounds so cute. I have almost 6 grandkids. The oldest is almost 9. Hard to believe. Hate to see the teenage years come. I have been through that 10 times now and it does take a little bit out of you. My oldest girl lives in Portland and we like visiting there. We only drove once in 2000 and took 7 of the kids. We totaled 2 nearly new cars! We have flown ever since! Just visited my dd who is a potter new the twin cities. Too much to eat. Starting over today.

BfL_Cat
07-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Hey gals - happy new week!

Just checking in. I had a pretty decent weekend - I actually managed to stick to my guns and grill a couple of chicken breasts while everyone else was getting pizza. Luckily for me, it's greasy and nasty, in my opinion, so not much of a temptation!

Now, if I could only get myself to start exercising! I'm not even walking - work/travel stress is ruling my life right now, so when I get home, I just collapse on the couch. I hope to get a lot of walking in while in China - plan to sneak in as much sight-seeing as possible while I'm there.

Ok, need to get back to work... :-(
Cindy

esteban
07-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Good afternoon!

Carol ...the teenage years do take it out of you...I only went thru it once (one daughter) and boy it was the worst experience of MY life but everything is OK now. Thank God is all I can say!

Had a good day. Went for a long walk early in the day (on a hill) my poor dog was dragging behind me. I think he wanted to be carried but I kept thinking "I wonder if I will make it to my car"....so he was out of luck.

Food wise, it has been good too. I don't want to blow all my good exercising. I have made a kale, potato, chick pea and red pepper soup for tonight. I am hungry and I still have 2 hours to wait.

You must be on your way Ledom! We are rooting for you. I was rereading the posts and you said you were "crazy" about R. That must be wonderful to be crazy about someone...I remember that...wink wink

ledom
07-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Hey ladies - I finally got back to the WiFi coffee shop to check in and catch up. It has been so busy since I last posted but everything seems to be coming together. The insurance is good and my contractor seems heaven sent. I know that sounds impossible but it's true. He says that by the time I get back from my trip the work should be very close to done. I believe him because he has been working since it happened almost to get everything on track. All this without seeing a cent until today.

Cindy I wanted to tell you how proud I am of you very getting started with your plan. It sounds like you are doing great, getting everything all lined out for success.

judi - I forgot about your RV fire. Yesterday I stood by as the demolition crew took down what was left of the garage. 99 percent of my christmas ornaments were lost but the one thing that got me so excited was that the handcarved wooden nativity set survived. I have always loved it and though I hadn't even thought of it, I was so very happy to see it in the rubble.

Well, I leave early Friday a.m. and I don't know if I'll make it back to post before then but I wanted to tell you girls I will think of you and I will have my laptop with me on the trip so perhaps I'll be able to check in with you.

Take care.

esteban
07-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Ledom, I am glad things are going along smoothly and that you have a good contractor. That was neat about the nativity set.

We will be looking forward to hearing from you. Are you flying to Oregon?

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

LaDean
07-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Ledom hey have a fun trip. now is this your oregon one. oh you will love it. have fun and a blast. sounds like one planned. i love oregon. glad all is going good. is here. laDean

carolr3639
07-12-2006, 11:27 AM
My oldest daughter lives in Oregon and I love going there. She is coming in Sept. so we will probably wait until Oct. or Nov. to visit. Maybe a good thing since it has been really hot there this summer......usually not, though, a very mild climate.

LaDean
07-12-2006, 09:01 PM
hi carol where in oregon does she live???? hope everyone is having as good day as i am having. been busy and not eating that way. ha have a good day to all of you. LaDean

carolr3639
07-13-2006, 10:53 AM
She lives in Portland. Actually her address is Beaverton but that is just a suburb. Everything is always so green there no mater what time of year. They have been having really hot weather so I wonderi if things are dying out.

esteban
07-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi everyone:carrot:

Things have been going very well...I have exercised all this week...a real first for me.

I know Beaverton, I think...is that where FRY'S is at? We would always stop there on the way to California. Also in one of the small malls in that area is the best Mexican restaurant...I wish I could remember its name. Even my DH liked it and he doesn't like Mexican food.

I can't wait to lose this weight. I am SOOO tired of being fat.:mad:

LaDean
07-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Hi, portland is 100 miles from me. eugene is 50 miles. i know where both are. beverton also. neat. i loss 1.4 last nite and so happy with me. this is 3 losses and no gains. so i am happy. started doing ww points again. but eating the jouge cruise plan to a time he has to eat and 6 meals a day. so is easy to work both together. good luck to all of you and have a great day. LaDean Oh picked cucumbers today and canning them. oh there so good. ha helps me with my snacks..

carolr3639
07-15-2006, 08:28 PM
It is so hot here, just like it was earlier in Portland. Dry, too. I am spending the whole day moving the sprinkler. We don't have central air, either. Used ot be in WI you didn't need it. We do have 2 window air conditioners in bedrooms. That is a blessing. The cucumbers are starting here, too. With all this hot weather maybe we'll get some tomatoes soon. Yum! I've got a lot of juice to make this year as I've run out.

esteban
07-17-2006, 05:00 PM
You girls are lucky you get cucumbers...we don't have enough sun to grow really good ones.

Things are good...DH and I are doing a juice fast today. It is actually kind of nice to free from thinking about what we are going to eat and what should I cook.

I had a scoop of slimfast in glass of 1/2 orange juice and 1/2 milk this morning. I blended it so it tasted sort of like and orange julius. At lunch DH made carrot juice. We have a juicer that just usually sits in the cupboard.

I think we might do this once a week.

Have a good week everyone.

We are waiting to hear the holiday news Ledom;)

LaDean
07-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi all. yes love the cucumbers. got 7 gallons of pickles done today. and so there coming on. hubby loves doing it. we do it together ihave my part to do to. ha helps with the eating to. green tomatoes coming on so won't be long. i love them. is so hot and suppose to be in 100 this weekend. or close. i dread it. hate the heat. love my rain. ha ha glad all is going good with everyone. i have loss 3 times in row. so like that. scales looking good today. i love that after weekend and all. on my atkins plan again.. working it and the jorge curise time . eating every 3 hours on his plan. so is working out good. well good luck to all. have a great day. LaDean

carolr3639
07-18-2006, 11:56 AM
What gardener doesn't love rain? Did 14 qt of green beans yesterday in the near 100 degree weather. We don't have central air but do have a bedroom air conditioner which is really nice. It is to be a liittle cooler for a few days. A few heads of cauliflower need picking today. Suppose I'll freeze that. Heat is a good controller of the appertite!

LaDean
07-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Hi we did 7 gallons of dill pickles yesterday. there coming on good. got tomatoes and potatoes is all. i love califlower but does not do so good here. yes i am out in garden afer the sun is out and hubby like today was out all day in it. always something to do. my eating was great today. got a early walk in. good luck to all. glad your day was good. LaDean

LaDean
07-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi, 11 gallons pickles done yesterday. 21 now in all. we give lots away so we have them and lots do not have garden space or water and we have the well. so we help out this way our way of giving at this time. I never went to tops last nite. just to hot and tired. my scales showed a turtle. and they are with the scales at tops. i went berzick yesterday. with carbs. no more today. putting that behind me and moving on forward. a 100 degrees is for today. so staying in and cool. good luck and all have a good day. mine is going to be lazy and stay cool. ha ha LaDean

LaDean
07-24-2006, 11:34 AM
good morning to all of you. not so hot it says today... i hope. we got pickles to do this am. so is not bad inside with air. ha picking was bad last nite. was 100 yesterday and + daughter helped hubby. so that was nice. i started then raised up and kinda saw stars.ha ha so figured still to warm. its my blood pressure to when i lean down and up did it to fast and the heat of course. the cucumbers are really coming on and happy they are. then there over and time for tomatoes. my scales are looking good so that is nice . makes my day after a weekend to be down some. then what i lose is counted for in tops. well have a good day. stay coooollllll. i am LaDean

esteban
07-24-2006, 08:13 PM
WOW! You people are impressive gardeners. That is nice...there is nothing that tastes as good as home canning.

We had a hot couple of days for us. (90's) Today is cooler. My flower garden is looking nice.

We had the grandson for a couple of days and had fun. I missed him when he left. I am getting a car seat put in my car so I can go get him whenever I want.

DH and I are on a juice fast today. I think we are going to do it every Monday. We did last week. It feels good and it is actually a break not too eat in the hot weather.

LaDean
07-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi judi. now what juice do you have lots of different ones. i am on fruit today. that is all i have had. decided no atkins for me this hot weather. do not cook so no meat. ha ha glad all is going good your way. so glad you get grandson. i wish i could have mine some. but so thankful kids work all week and on weekends are taking them and enjoying. so i do not get them. but take it as its given my life. ha well have a good day. LaDean

carolr3639
07-27-2006, 11:51 PM
The cucumbers are coming out my ears but I only use them for eating so give a lot away. Never could get pickles to turn out. My MIL always gave them to us and the kids (all 10 of them) didn't like them. We do like the fresh ones in vinegar, water and a little sugar and salt. Up to 30 qt. of beans now and probably have 15 more to do. I used to do 100 but no more!! Can't wait for the tomatoes. As hot as it's been you think they would be coming soon. I agree, this weather makes cooking difficult. I try to use the grill as much as possible. Haven't lost much weight, though.

LaDean
07-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Hi, i got one tomatoe turning. yes its been so hot i cannot figure it out either there not riping. oh well be here soon enough then i will be a busy one more. ha yes cukes are coming on . but we give lots away and also give pickles away he does. figure we h ave the space for garden and the well. so ones that do not share. love doing it. was cooler today my kind of day. oh i got some fresh beans today a friend . going to cook them and some peas tomorrow. I was down this am 3 lbs. so happy me. good luck to all. LaDean

carolr3639
07-29-2006, 10:59 AM
I asked a question yesterday about intuitive eating and wonder if anyone would like to join the discussion. I wish I knew how to show you right where it is but I am not very good at computer stuff. Any how, it was yesterday under general diet plans. Thanks. Carol

esteban
07-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi! I wished you could give me cukes Carol. We rarely get good ones here in the lower mainland. Just not enough sun. I remember the ones we had growing up in Sask. Wonderful!

LaDean when we make juice it is usually the same way. We have a juicer so my DH puts carrots and pineapple in it and juice them. Then I take the juice and put it in the blender with a cup of milk and 1/4 vanilla favourite protein powder. At noon because we usually want something hot by that time I make chicken boullion and chop up about tablespoon of fresh parsley and throw it in and thats our fast day.

Weather here has been much cooler. In the low 70's so it is ok.

I am going to a party tonight. We rarely go out so it is a change for us.

I have started tracking my food again of fooddiary.com just to see what the heck I am eating and why I am stuck here.

I am going to read the intuitive eating thread now. I hope you got the info. you wanted Carol.

ledom
07-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to stop in from the road and say hola. I am in Green River, Utah tonight. Just drove through some amazing mountains. The heart in you stomach kind. But oh so beautiful.

My trip to Oregon has been sublime. I am still processing it all. We just hit the ground running and did so many things in 9 days. From kayaking, walking on the beach, gambling, gallery hopping, shopping and fine wineing and dining. I am going through seperation anxiety now - which I expected of course. But all in all it has been a fabulous trip.

So, I can't quite make myself drive home without dropping down into Santa Fe before heading east. I'll be there tomorrow night and plan to spend 2 night before getting home sometime Wednesday.

Talk to you all again soon

esteban
07-31-2006, 12:36 PM
:woo: Woo-hoo LEDOM!!!
It was so nice to hear from you. I am so happy for you!!!:goodvibes ::hug: Your trip sounds just fantastic. You did so many fun things and things went so well it sounds like...and you are even popping in Santa Fe on the way back. I love Santa Fe.

Well, today DH and I are doing our juice fast Monday. This morning instead of juice we are having a big bowl of fresh blueberries since they are now availble at a decent price.

How is the vegetable and garden situation Carol & LaDean?

What are you up to Alice?

Have a good week everyone!

carolr3639
08-01-2006, 09:40 PM
It's been so hot that the tomatoes are even coming on. YUMMM. I have to pick those cabbages tomorrow. The are getting TOOOO big. It is supposed to cool down so maybe I can get some weeding done. We've been watering like mad. Still sticking to IE (intuitive eating) I got the book by Evelyn Tribole and find it very interesting. Would appreciate anyone's input on the IE thread. Just search intuitive eating.

LaDean
08-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Ledom. your trip sound so fun and neat. i am so happy for you. i was so close would have loved to met you. but i never drive to the big cities. ha ha but sounds like in the days you got to see lots. good for you. and the rest of it is sounds so neat. i love to go.. glad you are. its garden season here yes and right into it. the cukes to our every end. ha but love it and fun to have the fresh things to eat. tomatoes are not here yet. but when they get here love them to. ha its been cooler so of course i love that. went to my morning tops group yesterday and loved it. just being able to enjoy it and not be so hungry. as evening one i starved all day. ha not good but i did it. with this debetic it was not good for me. so i said with that and all this garden go to a morning one. oh loved it. knew everyone there. and a old friend had joined and i never knew that. so is so fun. well Alice where are YOu?????? i miss you come in soon.. to all have a great day and we will lose. we can and we will. Ladean

ledom
08-04-2006, 12:19 PM
LaDean - I love your state. I really saw a good portion of it too. My most favorite experience was paddling on Hosmer Lake outside of Bend. A crystal clear lake full of Atlantic Salmon in the clearest, bluest water, surrounded by snow covered mountains. Just a picture out of a dream.

I am home to much construction chaos. No internet service until the 15th and struggling to get some semblance of routine back in my life.

ledom
08-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Hey ladies - what's up? It is awfully quiet here! I did my first workout since getting home this morning. It made me feel so much better. I bought groceries yesterday and plan to cook up some healthy food this afternoon.

LaDean
08-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Ledom. so happy your trip was so fun and great for you. glad you loved Oregon. we sure do.. wish we could have met. but i know its hard and glad you had so much to do and got to see. was it your first time to Oregon??? yes i love the mts. we are close to mts and coast so perfect place. i need to go more. we just do not.. well i am glad your home safe and all. glad your getting right into your program and all. that is great. i have tops this morning changed to morning group. so much better for me this time of year and all. we are still busy in cukes and tomatoes are starting. oh yummmy. had my 2nd one last nite. just finished 3 days of jamboree and what a blast and ball. love it so much. got to see charlie pride. a dream. have a good day to all. LaDean

carolr3639
08-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Didn't go to OR this year. My daugter in Portland just had a baby boy on Aug. 1st. She is coming here Sept. 6th. I would like to see those places Ledom talked about. I need to get some powder on the tomatoes. I usally don't use it but the bugs are really bad this year. Anyone have any good recipes for eggplant that are simple? Thanks

ledom
08-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Hey and the rest of the gang. I went to the farmer's market yesterday to buy a large quantity of tomatoes to make sauce and there are no local tomatoes. The hot and dry conditions has resulted in a failed tomato crop this year.
:( Too bad.

Other than general life hassles things are going good. I am slowly getting back into my routines. I start back to work a week from today so I need to get some semblance of routine before I have to refine it even further to accomodate work.

Hope all is well with you guys and hope to hear from you silent ones soon.

LaDean
08-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi, so sorry no tomatoes. we have lots of green ones. slow but a late start with them. look good. i love the fresh things. we make juice and can them.. cukes are sure coming on. we got 3 5 gallon buckets the other nite. oh myyyyyy. another friend takes them to pickle also. so that helps us. just got back from walking my beau. warm already this morning. hottttt tomorrow it says then cool down again. which i am happy about. my scales are dropping down so well. so happy with me. really getting with it. and i use to exercise so much. today decided getting with that again to.. i have to for health. so good luck to all of you. thanks for being there for me it sure helps me alot to work with all you losing wt and sharing. have a great day. LaDean

BfL_Cat
08-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Hey everyone, I'm back from my travels! I've actually been back since the 4th, but between jet-lag (bad when coming from China), and work catch-up, I've not had time to be online for myself.

I'll have to read your prior posts to get caught up here too!

Trying to get myself onto some sort of program/routine, now that my travel if over for a bit, so wish me luck.

I'll write more about my trip later. Suffice it to say I won't be eating Chinese food for about 6 months - had WAY too much of it!
Cindy

ledom
08-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey Cindy - so glad you are back!!!!

LaDean
08-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Cindy, welcome back girl. good to see you on board again. ha ha good luck this week gals. i am wayyyyyyy down got tops this am will let you know. LaDean

ledom
08-15-2006, 10:00 PM
LaDean - what's the news? You said you were way down - are you keeping filled up with summer vegetables?

I admit to some struggling since I have been home. Just getting back into a routine after a trip is hard enough. I am still dealing with remodeling, and the heat here is horrendous. All excuses I know. I haven't hit bottom or anything, it just hasn't been as easy, I am stuggling to find the zone again. Today went much better. I have been trying to remember all my tricks for finding the zone. The thing that really helped today was to eat by the clock. I was getting all my food in too early in the day and then being hungry at night. Today I stretched time out between meals all day long and had a later supper. It has gone lots better.

Cindy, let us hear about your trip. You are such a world traveler.

carolr3639
08-15-2006, 10:30 PM
The tomatoes are great this year now that the bugs are under control. Gotta get going on the juice. I don't like store bought juice. The sweet corn is almost gone. We have been selling some of our produce to the store in town for the first time. A friend runs the produce department. The town is only 200 people but the country is heavily populated. After tomorrow I should be up to about 45 qt. beans. I think 50 will do it. We did 90 qt. corn. The kids take a lot. ha!

LaDean
08-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi, yes just been filling up on vegies from garden and fruits. then just being good. i made a stew yesterday and gained. but got 6 days to get back down there. working hard at it. i have to lose for my health. the tomatoes are starting to turn. i wish they would get started. glad you both are doing good. missing aleka.. hey come back.. LaDean

esteban
08-16-2006, 05:55 PM
:carrot:

Hi Everyone! I have been MIA because I did my intensive writing course. :comp: It was great. It was taught by Marlene Shiwy (author of "Simple things" & "Voice of Her Own") and was it ever good. The group had 9 other women in it, various ages, full of experience, laughter and love. It inspired me to write every morning five days a week, bake bread and make things for the freezer. :stir: I had such a good time.

Dieting....hmmm...what can I say. I am starting again for the two zillionth time. It actually is a good thing I haven't lost weight since I bought so many clothes in my zany spending days I am still finding new things to wear. Seriously though I am thinking of trying to lose weight again. It is the exercise thing that has me stymied.

How is the garden LaDean? It must have yielded all its glorious bounty by now.

What is happening with the construction Ledom? Oh, do you know what was so fun...everyday I met for lunch with my D. who is out at the university too (taking Latin). It was such a great experience being with her in a diff. setting from our usual ones. It was her who found me the course. She thought looking after her dad wasn't "living up to my potential" He was glad to see me back at the end of the course;) ;)

Alice, pop in and say hello.:wave:

Big HUG to you all:grouphug:

ledom
08-17-2006, 03:35 AM
Wow judi - you class sounds great! Just the thing for you - smart daughter.

Exercise can be so satisfying judi - I wish I were there or you were here because I'd find a way to get you going. Just remember to figure out something you can enjoy and if you can't do that, do it anyway because once you get some momentum you might start to enjoy it. And start smal and work up. I know you can do it. I know you are on an island so maybe there are not so many things available to you. I know Curves here in the US has been very successful in getting some women interested in exercise. I always think walking is a good place to start. But maybe some light dumbells. Have you seen the book Strong Women Stay Young. It is a good place to start with some easy weight routines.

Construction is coming along even though it seems to be dragging on forever. Things are looking pretty good. I have also ordered a new boat - hoping it gets here soon and that when it does my garage is ready to store it.

Great to hear from you judi.

LaDean
08-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Hi, judi no matter how many times we try again we have the motive to go and move forward. that is good your doing it again. we have to keep that. or else you know. ha ha oh garden the cukes are going at a blast. ha tomatoes slow but they are turning now so good think not so fast as will just have them to do. potatoes are ready to dig some to. that is about it for garden for us is those 3 things. but keeps us hoping. oh i could have some fresh corn. ha ha i made a stew and always gain eating it just vegies. weird. so anyhows yesterday had a dish of it again. figued hey its just vegies no potatoes do i eat. so today will stay off it. ha i need to get with the exercise again. i was oh so good with it. then the heat. but i will get back. i just turn on music judi and dance. that is the best for me. do not need to join anything. we start line dance again in sept. so is getting there. i just need to get with that part of it. oh ledom your boat sounds neat glad you have your place for it and all. well hot is coming again. i dread it so.. but servive as its needed. ha have a great day all of you. I wish aleka would come around here miss her. LaDean

carolr3639
08-22-2006, 03:51 PM
I always wanted to be a writer but had 10 kids instead. Never had much self confidence. My mom died last Fri....age 90....she lived with us....died here at home....so sad.... but I know she is far better. Just finished cutting up about 100lb of tomatoes for juice. Now I will cook them for a few hours and then run them through the food mill. Should make about 21 qt....just guessing. I have a big bag of beans to work on, too. But I'm sure we will enjoy them this winter. The kids like them, too. Most of them live in apts and don't have gardens. There is nothing like a fresh tomato. I have one big one with toast for lunch. Better get something ready for supper with all the company that will be here. Good to keep busy at a time like this.

ledom
08-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Carol - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. How nice for her that you were able to have her in your home. I hope that you are holding up.

Boy, I wish I could be there to find some good tomatoes. None in Arkansas this year, this late in the season. Last year I was able to make lots of sauce which I froze and used all winter. I am going to miss having it this year.

Back in the groove w/ diet and exercise. Vacation was kind of difficult to overcome but I think I am getting there. Started back to work on Friday and classes start tomorrow. Hoping for a good school year.

esteban
08-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Hi all!:hug:

Carol I am so sorry to hear about your mother!! You have ten children...wow!..I bet you could write a lot of stories if you could find the time.

Time, is the thing...in everything in life. There is either too much of it or not enough of it. We are either reaching forward or leaning back. It is hard to be in the present. I am better than I used to be at enjoying and savouring the present.

I haven't been dieting or exercising. Just living. I have been reading a lot.

I love hearing you girls talk about the vegetables. We never get good tomatoes here and they are always expensive. Where are the oranges from California and Florida this year?? We are only getting ones from Australia and they aren't nearly as good.

I have been keeping up with writing. A new course begins in Oct. It is on turning autobiography into fiction. I am interested in that one.

Ledom how is the house coming along? Are you gearing up for teaching in the fall?

Welcome back BFL Cat!

-judi

LaDean
08-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Judi, so glad your just enjoying and not worrying so about eating and all. sometimes i think at my age i need to just take it as it is and try. ha i love to write to. have thought of taking some courses never have. i have several things started going to do up for the kids. stories about family and then our wood business going and all with it. then my dogs i have owned. thought i would do something up there and then pictures. at least its stories for me and family. ha ha i have done journals for the last 14 years and enjoy doing that. and getting the different ones and all. so neat and makes good gift things for ones to get me to.. i am watching my eating as i have to with this debetic thing and all other. so been doing ok. just got to get with my exercise again. oh tomatoes are coming on here now. wish you were close i would share. cukes are still full blast. he dug some little red potatoes yesterday. there my favorite. but i do not have potatoes highly on my list. there special. ha ha oh i have apples but would love to have the fresh peaches, plums and all other. love fruit. store is just not same. Hey aleka where are you at/????/ sure been missing you. glad you carol and ledom are ok and all. just have a good day to all of you. LaDean

ledom
08-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Morning all. Carol - wow 10 kids! Do you have them raised at this point? As judi says, I bet you have stories to tell.

School started Wed. and I have been back since last Friday. So far so good. The carpentry should be done in the next week and a half or so. It is dragging on, but everything looks great. I got a new kayak to replace one of the ones I lost in the fire this week. It is so pretty and I love it!

carolr3639
08-26-2006, 05:56 PM
The 10 kids are out of the house (well almost) except for the younest, age 16. There are 6 grandkids and boy do they wear me out!!! Well, that is, the babies. The older ones I can keep up with to some extent because they can care for themselves. It's been a very tiring week with many of the kids and grandkids here for my mom's memorial. Still sticking with IE for weight loss. I know it will be slow but at 57 any weight loss is ok with me.

esteban
08-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Hi gals!

Ledom, what color is the new kayak? Is it any diff. than your other one? I am glad that the work is progressing. Can't believe that school is here already, eh? Where the heck did the summer go. I bought a new big rake today and I have to go out and rake alder leaves that are falling already. Raking is going to be my exercise because we get tons of leaves and usually I pay someone but not this fall.

LaDean...good for you for journaling for some many years. Just write, it what the instructor told us to do. I am taking another course in fall, it will just be on Mondays. I hope it will be just women. Our last one was so good, everybody felt free to share. I think the dynamic would change if there were men in the class. It is thru continuing ed at the university so the age group is older. I am hoping anway...

A good book on journaling is "A Voice of her Own" by Marlene Shiwy...it is worth the price of the book just to get the great bibliography in it.

Carol...I am 56. I bet you must enjoy those kids. I only had one and during her teenage years she seemed like ten kids to me. She is going to be 28 and now she is everything I would have wanted. In fact she is just where I would have wished her to be, she got there even with the bumps, turns in the roads etc. Whew! What a relief and thank God is all I can say.

I miss you too Alice.

LaDean
08-27-2006, 02:39 AM
Hi, thanks for the title of the book. will check it out. yes that is what a friend told me to do. just sit down at my computer and go. ha ha so this fall i am going to start doing my projects i have with writing. i checked into some classes through our community collage. but quite spendy.. and figured it was beyond what i wanted to do for now. ha Oh eating is going good. i got to get with my exercise. line dance starts sept. so that is going to be exercise. i get alot right now with bending picking the cukes. a good year for them for sure. ha now tomatoes are turning so will get into them. that is if i stop eating them. ha ha i love them so good. trying to eat the fresh vegies now and the fruit. going to store in am and get some fruit. just have apples. get tired of just those. i like to mix different ones. ha so glad things are going good with you and ledom. oh miss that aleka... hope all is ok. have a great tomorrow LaDean

aleka
08-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Hi everyone,
Sorry about being MIA, but I haven't been dieting or exercising. As a matter of fact, I was going to WW and gained 3 lbs. Then decided to stop going and started counting calories, I gained another 2 lbs. So, I've sort of been in a funk. I've tried everything else, so I've decided to start a low carb WOE called Stella Style, which he explains is, eating real food, and eating until you're satisfied. I bought 2 of his books on Amazon and they were an easy read without all the scientific mumbo-jumbo and graphs that other diet books seem to have and his recipes sound yummy.

We're gearing up for Tropical Storm Ernesto and hoping he won't turn into a hurricane. According to one weather report, we are right in its path and should make landfall by Fri., DH just got back from getting a couple of cans of gas and it seems a lot of other people had the same idea.

I can't remember if I told you that we're flying north in Oct. and we're taking Lacee with us. We got a carrier that will fit underneath the seat that she does fit in......just! The Vet has already given us tranquilizers to make her groggy and told us we can give her up to 2 pills. We did a trial run a few weeks ago with 1 pill, that did absolutely nothing. Yesterday we gave her 2 pills and it took almost 4 hrs. to work. At one point, we thought she was down for the count, then the mailperson drove up to our mailbox and she jumped off the chair barking. She doesn't normally bark at the mailperson so apparently she has to be sedated. :rolleyes:

Carol, I am so sorry about your mother. With 10 kids you must have a lot of family around you right now.

LaDean, it sounds like you're doing fantastic with your eating and it sounds like your garden is very plentiful this year. How is Bo doing? I can't wait until it gets cooler so that I can start walking with Lacee again. Right now it's so hot and muggy that as soon as you step out the door it takes your breath away, even early in the mornings.

ledom, what color kayak did you get? Now that fall is approaching you should have some fine weather to go kayaking. How are things coming along on the part of your house that was damaged? Did you have a good time on your trip?

judi, your classes sound great. You must've had a really nice time with your daughter while you were attending. When in Sept. do you start your other class?

I hope all of you are enjoying your Sun.

LaDean
08-28-2006, 02:14 PM
:welcome: back aleka, hae missed you so very much. thanks for joining us again. hey we all get off our plans and me especially. just stay and visit. we help one another by being here and sharing that we are off and on. that is life for me. ha ha right now its trying to eat more fruit and vegies from garden. just got cukes and tomatoes. but that is enough for me. yes sometimes joining a plan like that does not help some. i just find what i want to do and now its mainly eating what i want and just portions. i have not been exercising. beau and i have our walk some days depending on the heat. ha ha hes doing fine. so loveable and fit right in. so glad lacee gets to travel with you. that is great. she will be ok. so cute. when the time comes for you to get with a plan you will. as look now you got some new books and interested in that plan. so go for it. let us know about it.never heard of that one. ha well ihopethat the weather does not hit there where your at. that is rather scary. i was wondering about you and all. thanks for coming back. Yehhhhhhh so good to see you again. LaDean:carrot: :dust:

esteban
08-30-2006, 02:06 AM
Hi!

Alice, our love and prayers and thoughts are going to be with you and Ernesto. That was funny about Lacee and the pill...well, you can't keep a good Boston down...:D I remember once we were going on along drive and got tranquillizers for Parasha. She was absolutely frozen in the same position for about 4 hours. She was STONED!! DH kept driving and looking at her sitting immobile with this "I am gone" look in her eyes and kept saying "Boy, I would like to have some of what that dog has!!" The next time we went on a trip I didn't give her anything. Marley never needs anything, he just curls up by the driver and sits until the vehicle stops. Ginzu the cat looks out the window and we have never travelled with Nala yet. She will probably be a yowler.

I am not dieting or exercising either.:?: I don't know why. I have been size 3X for over a decade now. Well, I have a big wardrobe, in more ways than one;)

How is the gardening going LaDean? Do you have much more to bring in? Are you going to do line dancing in fall? That is so cool. I can't dance...I think I am from that lost generation that never learned to dance. My parents both were such good dancers. Maybe that is why I didn't learn. I took dancing lessons as a kid but I was the klutz. Yes, I know sometimes writing courses can be expensive. Maybe you can get a book on journalling at the library...why I suggest that is that it usually has some writing exercises that helps get one going. They usually start out...5 min then write for 25 min and like that. Other than that sit down and WRITE away. My brother gave me a fountain pen and my D. gave me (moleskin) notebooks for this new phase of my life. Such nice gifts. I told my DH he was lagging behind in the gift giving dept.:p

Hi Carol, hows it goin'?

How is the building coming along Ledom?

ledom
08-30-2006, 07:14 AM
Morning-Alice it is so good to hear from you again. Looks like maybe you are dodging Ernesto's path? I hope so anyway.

judi, your writing sounds like so a great adventure. I admire writers as much as I admire anyone. I have the "romantic" urge to be a writer but not the discipline to do it. I'd love to read what you are writing? Are you writing short stories, essays, a novel?

Carol and LaDean I envy you your gardens. I was able to scrape together enough home grown tomatoes last weekend to make 3 quarts of tomato sauce. It was just a very dry summer here. Finally this past week we have started to get some rain. And today our high is only in the 80's which feels so good.

I am still dieting and exercising but have been struggling w/ the diet part a little more than usual. Kinda stuck at pre-vacation weight.

The building is starting to drag - I whined a little bit yesterday to my contractor. My first bit of complaint about anything and bless his heart if he didn't seem to double his efforts. I think that it'll take a little longer than until Friday but it seems that is his goal to get it finished by then. It is looking really good. It's just that I am ready to reclaim my space.

I got my new boat in last Thursday and it is beautiful. I think a friend and I may be able to island camp over the Labor day holiday.

aleka
08-30-2006, 08:15 AM
Good morning,
The news is good for our area anyway re: Ernesto. Our TS warning has been lifted and our local weatherperson is saying that we'll have some heavy downpours at times with some thunder storms throughout the day. So, we dodged the bullet this time around. :dancer:

ledom, it sounds like you have a really nice builder. Usually they just look at you as if to say, "Ya, right." I hope everything is done by Fri. I know what you mean about wanting to reclaim your space. Is your new boat the same size as your old one? Camping sounds like a good thing to do over the holiday weekend.

judi, that was funny about Parasha being stoned on the trip. Do you have any of those pills left? If not, what did you use?? I'd love to have some before I get on the plane. :tired: :lol: I'm having kind of a hard time getting into the low carb swing of things. But, I'm taking it 1 meal at a time. I wanted to lose some weight before we fly home in Oct. But, I don't think that's gonna happen. My wardrobe is starting to become rather tight and I don't want to go up in size.

LaDean, George Stella is a chef and has his own show on the Food Network. His WOE is not any one particular plan. You can make up your own low carb plan or you can follow anyone of the popular low carb plans like Atkins, Protein Power, Somersizing, ect. He has some cookbooks out, 2 that I know of. One is George Stella's Livin' Low Carb and Eating Stella Style. Before the recipe section he tells how he, his wife, & 2 sons lost a total of over 500 lbs. eating this way. It's a very inspiring story. Are you still picking a lot of tomatoes?

Carol, how are things going with you? Are your family still there with you?

Take care and enjoy your day.

carolr3639
08-30-2006, 05:39 PM
:snowglo: Yes, I love winter! You all might be interested in a book by Rob Stevens called The Overfed Head. It kind of reminded me of that other recommended book. It is short, concise and encouraging. Goes along with intuitive eating where I also post. I have lost 6lb in about 3 weeks. The author of the book lost 140lb in a year and a half. Did 14 qt of beans today and 16 of tomatoes. See why I like winter> :)

LaDean
08-30-2006, 05:56 PM
carol. your ahead of us. got a batch of tomatoes to do. i imagine in the am. still got cukes. he got 11 gallons yesterday. course now alot of these are given away.. but he loves doing it. we have the area and water. and alot do not. we love garden. hes digging potatoes this am i think. i got my flower bed weeded and worked up a sweat. been eating garden things yes. love them. eating more fruit to this time around plan. oh thanks aleka. i thought that was who he was. good luck. oh so happy the hurricane is not in your area. is cooler here today. but hottttt is for weekend. so i will be in side.ha we got cukes to pick tonite. there still full blast. but colder last nite so that will put a halt on them. wish you all were closer i would surly share. he loves doing that. i am kinda stingy with tomatoes. i love eating them. then after awhile i share them. ha ha thanks judi i will check out that at the library. sounds like a good start. yes my kids are always getting me journal books and pins. my daughter in law is so crafty. she makes up the cutest baskets or what ever with lots of little things in them so cute. love to get them. well hey have a good day to all of you. so glad Ledom your new boat sounds so neat and all. happy for you.. have a good day to all. LaDean

esteban
09-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Ledom, I write in my journal, I have written some first person stories and I am trying to write one (I hope it will be a book) for the 14 year old range about a girl in imperial Russia, just so I can use all the little factoids I gleaned from my under grad degree in slavic studies. It is my recreational writing. It isn't discipline more like a compulsion right now to write...sort of like taking photographs. Are you still doing darkroom work? I haven't used my darkroom for about 2 years now though I am not ready yet to sell it off or give away the stuff and go totally digital. The pictures I am doing now are all digital and printed myself on a printer but they are just family type shots.

Alice I am so glad Ernesto missed you. I don't know what was in those pills we gave Parasha but it was wayyyy too heavy duty for mind. Speaking of flying I haven't flown since 9/11. I am not afraid of flying but I will d@$&#*#d if I am going to shell money out for 2 seats because I am fat. I loathe the airlines at the best of times... overcrowding, overbooking, phoney smiles and crappy food. Since time is never the issue with us anymore if I had to go somewhere I would drive. Now because of the hatred against Americans I no longer want to go to Europe or anywhere else. There is more than I can see or do at home here in Canada or in the US. There thats my travel rant...

Carol, that sounds like a good book. I think I am going to get it...anyway who can lose that much weight has got my attention...I need to lose about a 100.

LaDean...11 gallons of cukes! Your garden sounds so great. Wow! You guys are hard workers. I think I am going to try to keep the geraniums alive this winter by bringing them in. It is a special variety I have that was developed in Vancouver, with orangey flowers and leaves that look like a coleus and I would like to have them again next year and don't want to buy them. I don't have a green house but I remember my mom used have geraniums in the house year round.

It is really getting fall here. Its ok though...fall has always been my favourite season. I think it is because I was going to school in the fall, starting a new year and it for me has the sense of "new beginnings".

Have a good long weekend everyone.

-judi

aleka
09-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Good afternoon everyone,
We were even luckier with Ernesto, as all we got were a few showers. We had more rain on Thurs. than we did with Ernesto.

judi, that sounds like a very interesting book you're thinking of writing. I would be interested in reading it. I love reading stories set in Imperial Russia. My favorite period is the events leading up to the revolution. This will be my first flight in quite a few years, 8 to be exact. Fall is my favorite time of year too. I miss the fall in New England. It's not the same down here. Come Oct. you feel a subtle change in the air, but that's about it. Towards the end of Oct. it gets cool enough so that you can shut the a/c off and open up the windows.

LaDean, if I lived closer to you I would definitely take you up on your tomatoes. I love them fresh out of the garden. When I was growing up my mother & I would literally stand over the kitchen sink with a salt shaker in our hand and eat them. :T What will you do with the cukes that you don't give away?

Carol, I have that book, The Overfed Head. But, for the life of me I don't know what happened to it. I know it's around here somewhere. How are you doing on your IE?

ledom, will you be going camping this weekend? If so, have a wonderful time.

Hope you enjoy your long weekend.

LaDean
09-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Aleka, hey if you were here we would just stand out in garden with lacee and beau and eat all we wanted. beau loves them and he also love radishes and cukes. i even put some cukes in sourcream and all and he ate those. ha ha he needs them for sure. we both are trying to lose. ha ha oh a friend comes by and gets every other picking of cukes. shes done now. so the cukes are almost gone. see my hubby goes and watches pool tournaments and leagues in fall. he loves to watch. he is a good player to and loves to play but does not comit to being in league or tourn. so all the guys love his pickles. so he takes them down and they enjoy. theres like 4 of them a week. so they go. but he loves doing it. there all ready for thanksgiving when pickles are ready. so it makes us feel good to share. then all the neighbors even passers by get there share. and he takes lots of them to town and gives away. when working before we retired he took lots out to mill. so no problem getting rid of them. wish you all were closer yes. yes i stand with one for snacks to. i have been having btl for breakfast. love them.. i am so thankful you never got the storm and all. keep wondering bout you and it. is h ot today here and in 100 over weekend. the 11th my sister in law and i are taking our yearly reno trip. then my daughter is going with us. we plan to spend sometime at pool to. can hardly wait. well hey beau says hi to lacee and you and everyone... have a good day to all. fall is on way yes. i bet it is a difference when your use to fall and then where its nice and warm alot none. i love our winters with the rain and all. my favorite. ha ha line dance starts this month. hey its sept already. yehhhh. ha grand babies start school the 5th. i still call them my grandbabies and they love it. ha grandaughter in 3rd grade and grandson in 2nd grade. growing up fast them 2. well take care to all. keep losing together we will and can do this. i love coming in here and sharing. LaDean

LaDean
09-11-2006, 10:35 AM
GOOD MORNING ALL OF YOU... I am leaving for Reno this morning and will be back on thursday.. be back wednesday evening. i am ready for some fun. ha ha been canning left and right. did 3 batches of tomatoes yesterday to get caught up. well he picked last nite and 2 more 5 gallon buckets. ha but they will taste good this fall in soups and all. did juice yesterday. so taking a rest. daughter and sister in law are going with me. i am already up and ready. ha but awhile to airport and then there early to. so leave about 9. hope you all had a good weekend and be good this week. i am going to also... LaDean

esteban
09-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Have fun LaDean!

Where is everyone?

-judi

ledom
09-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Morning - your trip sounds fun LaDean! So does that garden.

Hi judi. I am here, busy with school and trying to keep up with workouts and even trying to have some fun on weekends. Camping season is back with cooler weather. Not that there is much time for it but this coming weekend I will get to get out.

Construction was completed last week and I am really happy with my new garage.

aleka
09-12-2006, 08:29 AM
LaDean, it sounds like you've been really busy with canning and it will be nice for you to get away for a bit. Enjoy yourself!

judi, I'm still here. I just haven't been on the computer very much. We gave Lacee 3 pills and that seemed to work well. About 2 hrs. after she had them we stuffed her in the carrier. She did protest a bit, but we managed to keep her in there 5 1/2 hrs., which is about how long she'll have to remain in there the day we travel. It seemed like a loooong 5 1/2 hrs. though.

ledom, glad that the construction has been completed and you're happy with the results. Did you have fun camping over Labor Day Weekend?

Take care

carolr3639
09-13-2006, 01:40 PM
The garden is still going good but I notice when the weather starts to cool the vegetables aren't quite as tasty. Better than the store ones, though. I haven't lost any weight for awhile. Went on a 2 day vacation with all the kids and families and eating hasn't been quite so good since. I still wonder if appetite increase has something to do with winter coming.

LaDean
09-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Afternoon Hi to all, Oh its so good to be back home and beau has not really lefted my side. he and dad had fun though did there thing and all went good. oh talk about garden i worked my butttt.ha off before i lefted to get caught up. came home and tomatoes just everywhere. so have done 4 batches of juice this am. so all done. yes it will taste good this fall. we enjoy doing it. hard work but worth it. hubby loves to stay busy. i enjoy going. so had my trip and so fun. was just enough time 2 nites. never spent all i lefted with so i always feel good about that. i go for fun and that i had. looks like rain today so got bedding changed and out on line and all. then we got more tomatoes picked. boy a good year for garden. i am getting on plan now and getting those salads in me while tomatoes and cukes now. figured hey of winter cannot have the good ones. so taking advantage of it. glad all went good for you all while i was gone. its so neat to share with all of you. i am starting to exercise now to.. getting with my eating and taking my debetic serious.. good luck and all of you have a great day.. LaDean

aleka
09-16-2006, 07:42 AM
LaDean, glad that you're back and that you had a great time. It sounds like Beau really missed you, and I bet you missed him too. ;) You've really been busy in your garden since you've been back. That's good exercise too.

Hi ledom, judi, & carol :wave:

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

LaDean
09-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Aleka, yes he did miss me and daughter also. a first time just he and dad. ha but they did great. hes so spoilt by us all. yes been so busy. was hot when gone so of course tomatoes love it and went crazy. but there so good. and to enjoy in soups of winter love it. still getting cukes also.. done with pickles so giving them away for ones to eat. have all along though just a good garden year. apples are doing good to. got 2 big boxes of them and then more on trees. so will taste good this winter. they are picked little green then ripe. also have potatoes all dug. quite busy but hubby loves it. i enjoy. ha ha love to go though. ha and i get to. had a ball. now another year to wait. ha ha hope all is good your way and yours ledom and carol. just have a good week to all of you.

ledom
09-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Morning ladies - boy do I need to be cleaning house, cooking, paying bills, but noooooo..... am spending time catching up on the internet after being away from it for a couple of days. It is such an addiction.

Anyway, I was at the paddling rendezvous this weekend and had fun. I have been a member of this organization for several years now but finally found out this weekend how to make friends and become memorable. I entered the margarita mix-off with my GREAT margarita recipe. It was well appreciated and all of a sudden folks are wanting to chat me up. Fun. I got to play out the bartender fantasy I never knew I had.

Anyway, back to the grind. I am ready to get down to some serious, no holds barred dieting in preparation for the holiday season that will be here before we know it. I have been kind of lazy on the eating front lately and have declared that officially over for a while.

Hope you all are doing well.

BfL_Cat
09-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Hey gals - I'm here and I'm back on track - again! I started a new BFL Challenge 2 weeks ago, had a good week, then the weekend messed me up, along with many 7am calls at work that interferred with my workouts.

So, today is a new start - I did get my UBWO in this morning - actually left my house by 6:30 and got to the office by 8:30. Felt great to lift - I only managed LBWO two weeks ago, so I'm going to be SOOOO sore tomorrow! But I will enjoy it! Eventually I'd like to move that timing all up a 1/2 hour, but for now, it's fine. "Camp" is over, and Pete will be out of town the next 6 weekends, so I have no excuses to get off track, and plenty of time for planning and preparing.

Six weeks until my B-day, so let's see what I can accomplish!

One key is that I need to keep myself online daily - I find that it helps me to stay focused, but it's hard with Pete around...

Anyone have any great new recipes to share? I *really* need to start cooking again!

Ledom - glad to hear that your construction is over - bet you're glad to have things back to normal. Funny about your bartender story!

Will we be starting a new Fall thread this weekend? I'll have to watch for that, as I often get "lost" when you do that!

Cindy

ledom
09-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Hey- yes there will be a new thread come the weekend. Also Cindy, don't you have an announcement or something to make?????

BfL_Cat
09-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Oh, yeah - I got a new kitten! :cp:

Wait, I bet I know what you mean - the fact that I'M ENGAGED!?!?!?:D

Sorry guys - it happened a month ago, but as I've been AWOL since before then, I guess I forgot I hadn't shared it yet.

It wasn't a surprise - I knew it was coming - we'd started looking at rings in February, ordered mine in May, and waited MONTHS for it to come in. So, the day it came in, it was on my finger! It was worth the wait though - I love it!

Thinking of a wedding next Fall - maybe October, so that gives me a bit more motivation to get myself back in shape - I don't want to feel like a "fat" bride. If I could get back to where I was 2 years ago (when he and I met), by the wedding, I'd be thrilled.
Cindy

PS - Buoy, the new kitten, gets to come home from the vet this Friday. I found him, 2 days old, and a gal at my vets has been hand-raising him for me since. I'm anxious to finally have him home!

aleka
09-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Cindy, welcome back! Congratulations on your engagement and your new kitty. :cheers: I am so happy for you. That's amazing you found your kitty when he was just 2 days old. He is one lucky kitty! I wish you many years of joy with your new kitty.

ledom, glad that you had a good time paddling. Will you be going when the leaves start to turn? That's what I miss most not living up north.

LaDean, it sounds like you're really busy in the garden. Has it gotten colder where you are yet?

Hi judi and carol.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

BfL_Cat
09-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Yes, the kittens were born in DF's boat - we found four of them in there with the mother. She took off, and we put the kitties in a shallow box, and she did take them all later that day. But, then next morning, we heard this little guy crying and crying and found him alone, under one of the cabins. Not sure why she left him.

My house is getting a bit out of control - he will be my 4th! I have a long-haired calico who is 13 now, then a male tiger cat who's 17 months, a black female who's just a year (last year's stray!), and now this guy. I think this is it for a while!
Cindy

ledom
09-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Cindy - I am so glad you are back and that you are doing BFL again. You had such great success with that. And what a great motivation you have! By the way, Buoy is such a great name. I know you are looking forward to Friday.

Man, the weekend wore me out. I had to give myself permission to sleep in the last couple mornings. I did get out and hike tonight and will be back w/ the early a.m. workouts tomorrow.

I am trying to be good, to get my motivation geared back up to summertime level again. It has been a bit of a struggle, but hey - when has it not been a struggle? I am still in the game.

LaDean
09-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Hi gals. yes its a struggle but we will over come it. working and sharing together we can and we will do it. lets start now i am with my exercise again. have not been doing that. i know its the main thing that fits in and makes me lose. so i am doing good with eating now. was up this week after trip and all. but back to a new week. i wish all of you a good one starting today we will do this. good luck to all. thanks for being here for me. it helps so much. LaDean

BfL_Cat
09-21-2006, 09:28 PM
How's everyone doing? I've been doing well - had a few free days this week - a meal at the Cheesecake Factory and then the leftovers, but that's ok -it's all allowed - I'm doing free meals instead of a free day. Early this week, but that's ok...

So far I've done all my workouts this week - hurray for me!

I'm bummed - I forgot that Biggest Loser was on last night, and so I missed it. Did anyone see it. I've heard that Jillian is not on anymore - does anyone know why not?

Pete is off to work at the Cider mill for the season -which means I'll have the next 6 weekends home all to myself! This weekend will be kitten focused, but then I have big plans for some organizing and redecorating - let's just see how those plans go... :)

Hope you all are having a good week.
Cindy

ledom
09-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Cindy - I missed TBL too. Oh well, next week. You are doing great! I am so glad you are back at the gym. Hope you enjoy your 6 weekends all to your self. It will be a great opportunity to establish your healthy eating habits, huh?

I have had a light exercise week. I just hit the wall more or less, tired from a weekend that was fun but not restful. It is scary to take time off but I was really feeling tired. I'll gear up again over the weekend. On the other hand my eating has been excellent this week. I was home yesterday and got a bunch of food cooked up. I made turkey meatballs, grilled chicken, baked a spaghetti squash, a pumpkin, and steamed sweet potatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower. I should be set for another week of clean eating.

LaDean, how is your line dancing coming along?

Alice, is it cooling down for you yet. We had our first coolish weather this week and finally some rain.

judi - what's up? How is your writing coming along?

carol - I hope all is well with you.

LaDean
09-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi, oh sounds like you both are getting with it and all. even if exercise is lite the way i look at it is that we are doing it. i intend to pick up on mine. dance monday nite and can hardly wait. then i start doing it. new ones and all. cooler to and that time of year for it. into tomatoes today and lots. but getting towards the end. i am taking a break. hubby has his part to do. but oh the friends and us will enjoy the juice this fall for sure. then i got to get into apples. oh busy and not eating so that is good. ha ha today is warmer day out but not real hot. i may get a walk in later. grandaughter birthday party tomorrow the 9th one. so looking forward to that . always fun. want to get some pictures taken to. hope to get a family one. oh ready for a nother trip. ha ha i guess i will have to wait now for while. ha ha well so good to see the both of you. and aleka and judi come in soon. love all of you and this board. LaDean

ledom
09-25-2006, 08:02 AM
LaDean - I hope you had a great weekend w/ your grandaughter. Just a note to say look for the new fall thread.

LaDean
09-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi, i did have a great weekend. we had a fun party. just does not seem like 9 years ago i became a grandma. her and grandson are growing up so fast. i had a good day. only had 2 slices of pizza and small slice of cake. scales were down 2 lbs sunday morning. now talk about happy. ha guess all this canning is paying off not time to nibble. haha oh a new thread ok will look for it. you always come up with cute ones. have a good day to all.

carolr3639
09-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Can someone direct me to the new fall thread? Been really busy.

ledom
09-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Just scroll down a few lines. It is called Fall Plan - Harvest your Dreams.